• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

The Website logo in the top left corner needs updating, it doesn't match the Text next to it.

Agreed on QQ needing a bigger logo. My user icon should not be larger and more identifiable than the entire site's logo. Preferably something which doesn't have one word which blends into the background of the top banner.

Hoping we get better styles shortly. I like reading a site which isn't being displayed like an old-school black & white film.

What I am finding annoying is that the reply box is under the member list.

Screenshot-20240507-230558-Firefox-Nightly.jpg
Eww gross I didn't even notice that before everything else.

Nice update overall. The two things that immediately jump out though:

1. Adjustable margin widths would be awesome. On a 21:9 monitor, for example, the whole page gets super stretched.

2. When clicking through threadmarks, the global banner sits on the section of space dedicated to the threadmarks button. Just kinda annoying if you're trying to quickly click through them and have to mini-scroll the page every time.

Purely style, but can we have a dark version of xeno default with smaller square avatars?

The way Xenforo Default handles spacing to the sides of and beneath profile pictures is a lot better than the Dark mode, and Xenforo default doesn't cram an entire new space above posts solely for telling when they were posted.

Also, Xeno Default is a lot... lot better for typing in the text box.

Like, holy shit.

So, couple of things, not sure if they are bugs or just the Styles messing up: The QQ logo is small AF over there in the corner, the Home Button right next to it is functionally useless because the Logo serves as just that, for reason unknown the freaking posting box is below the "users viewing this thread" box, which I sispect will be downright painful on mobile...and where the hell did the post counts/likes tracker go? Used to be right under people's avatars?

Edit: on, one more thing: Email Alerts are now practically useless for anything but saying there was a response in a thread. Used to be you could at least get a freaking message preview? Not sure if that is possible to change.

As I'm sure you've all noticed, we've upgraded the site to Xenforo 2. There's a new set of styles and new frontend all around.

Development on the XF2 deployment remains ongoing; we'll be tweaking styles and fixing issues. Please post any issues you come across, as well as general feedback on the new site, in this thread.

Can we request styles? Because the old orange and black color scheme was one of my favorite things about the site and I'd love to request that one if possible.

I just went into Reader Mode in a quest, while browsing from my phone, and I noticed the posts displayed per page in Reader Mode are down to 10-ish from the previous... was it 27 or 30?

Anyway, a quest that took 2-3 pages to read in Reader Mode now takes 6 pages.

Is there any way to change the number of posts displayed per page? I looked just about everywhere, but I hope I'm just blind and keep missing it.

Text editor's Undo / Redo buttons are locked to rich text only, which is weird.

Save / Delete Save is hidden in a one-item dropdown menu. The menu icon is as wide as the Save / Delete Save button. It'd be neat if single-item menu dropdowns were replaced by that single item.

EDIT: wait, can paste again, not sure what happened there.
198np4.jpeg

Last edited:
My biggest gripe so far is the text in Dark Style is gray on more gray. The text should be brighter and/or the background darker. Really not liking the other styles, either, so it's the one I have to put up with.

A lesser, though still somewhat annoying, problem is that I wish the Watched Threads and New Threadmarks pages weren't part of dropdown menus. If I didn't bother to click on Forums or What's New, I never would have found them—and I don't usually go looking through those tabs at the top, so that could have easily happened. (I don't think I've ever checked What's New before this; I don't even know if the New Threadmarks page is a new feature or one we've always had.)

Definitely like having a Mark Unread feature for notifications now, though. We definitely went way too long without it before now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back