• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Also I'm not sure but I think it for some reason auto watched this thread because I replied to it? That or I fucked up and misclicked because everything is different and my muscle memory on mobile betrayed me.

Edit: yep it's auto watching whenever I reply to something, unwatched before I posted this, now time to figure out where that is in the settings so I can turn it off.
If you find it, could you point out where that setting is, I'd appreciate it as well. It's been a thing for a while and always seems to catch me by surprise. Edit: visit your account preferences and un-tick "Automatically watch content you interact with…"
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the links for 'reactions received' no longer bring to the post that the reaction was for, just the thread it was in. Uncertain if this is a mobile-only issue.
You have to click Your Post instead of the thread name.
image.png

Last edited:
Did anyone get prior warning this was evening happening? Didn't even know the site was going to be down all day. I had to find out on an authors discord after I couldn't access the site. Was there an announcement I missed or an email or something?

Did anyone get prior warning this was evening happening? Didn't even know the site was going to be down all day. I had to find out on an authors discord after I couldn't access the site. Was there an announcement I missed or an email or something?
It's a banner, though I suspect quite a few people just clicked it away without much of a thought, because usually they are just used for announcements that don't affect a lot of people. I mean... I did that, at the very least.

There was a banner across the site over the last week or so mentioning that this was coming up, and a banner for longer talking about why this was happening and showing the text site.

None for me.

Edit: Oh, then I might have closed it and forgot about It.

Last edited:
Worse than I hoped better than I feared so I can live with it for now. At least on desktop since mobile seems to auto scroll to random posts for no reason. Desktop seems to also scroll to the new post in thread alert which is really annoying. Lets see what changes are made in the next week like adding more styles and changing the Users who are viewing this thread box so its under the reply box and only shows a single line of users by default.

It's a banner, though I suspect quite a few people just clicked it away without much of a thought, because usually they are just used for announcements that don't affect a lot of people. I mean... I did that, at the very least.
That explains it. The messages up top hardly ever change so I don't even pay attention to them most of the time.

So lets see. Minor thing but I missed being able to see the likes and posts under a persons image in a thread. But that's just my numbers brain being finicky and probably isn't that valid. I miss my Blackend style as some have pointed out the new Dark Mode is very grey. A bunch of the formatting for a bunch of things is broken though I am sure that can be fixed in time; at the moment especially in quests that can lead to large amounts of work to reformat everything to the new way. In particular anything with a lot of tabs is going to be very unhappy.

All of these issues can be fixed in time but its a bit of a drag. Feel like the update could have used more time to cook before transitioning.

Edit: Oh right a big one. I can't preview an edit or a post which was a feature I use a lot to see things how they will actually look when I post it.
Edit 2: Not sure if accurate but the tabs are actually formatted correctly according to the BB Codes in help still not sure if they need to be changed or bugged

Last edited:
How do I remove an entry from the Similar Threads box so that it doesn't show up for anyone reading the thread, not just me?

You might be able to guess from past drama which Similar I want to blacklist, and from which thread.

Please fix email notifications - now instead of getting smut in my mail I've to open QQ in separate tab and login. I know it sounds like minor thing, but I really like receiving smut mail and reading it in app.

The new darkmode is kinda ugly.
I dunno, grey-on-grey is a little...
Could do with some dark-blue mode, maybe?

Also, everything seems kinda slow in the loading, but that could just be temporary.

Change Is Bad It's The Work Of Chaos :V. Less memeing but is it possible to add that dot notification next to threads that tell new post has been added so I don't have to manually watch a million thread :V

Change Log:
- Updated 12:07 AM, 5/8/2024: Added a blurb about the difference between the old and new Font Sizes in "Desktop - Style and Layout".
- Updated 12:30 AM, 5/8/2024: Added a blurb in "User Functionality" about the missing "Control +F" feature.
- Updated 1:03 AM, 5/8/2024: Added a blurb in "User Functionality" about the "Users Reading" above the Reply/Edit Box. Also added a potential "Bug".
- Updated 1:51 AM, 5/8/2024: Added a blurb in "User Funtionality" about the "Threadmark" not appearing at the bottom of a post.
- Updated 6:28 PM, 5/8/2024: Added a blurb in the "Potential Bugs" section about Xenforo2 having a copy/paste bug where it double spaces everything. Also added a blurb about the Dark Green just added in the "User Functionality" section.

And as I'm still learning more about this I might update this post as time goes on and I learn more about what I like and dislike. I hope that the Team can see this post and draw some useful information from it, as I'm trying my best to be positive and constructive with this. :)

Alright, so, something I'm noticing right away:

Desktop:
- The Xenforo2 default has a better feeling margin set-up, with everything on the thread being more condensed- I don't have to turn my head at all to read the story or view the threadlist. The issue is that the brights are way too bright.
- Adjustable margins for the themes would go a long way to improve this, as this was even a problem on my prefered style (below). I'd pretty much relegated my desktop for updating stories, and using my phone to read the chapters of other stories because even with a relatively small 27" 1440p monitor I'm having to turn my whole head to read stories, and that doesn't feel good.
- The Dark's greys are strange and the style (font) of the text feels different. It might not be different, but it does feel different. Which is something I dislike. Could be just my monkey brain not liking the changes.
- I really, really, really liked this particular style, and I will be very happy if this makes a comeback. I can't remember what its called but I used it for many years now. It's called "Dark Responsive Green". Also, another thing I'm noticing is that with the Dark style it is impossible to tell if your words are hyperlinked while in the Editor unless you actively mouse over them.
- This style of Editor was really something I liked and gotten used to because it didn't have nearly as many drop-menus for me to futz with. Having Strikethrough, Underline, Spoilers, and whatnot open and available to click really made it enjoyable to use. Clicking a dropdown menu feels bad.
- On the Dark style, it is virtually impossible to tell whether or not the Italic, Bold, Underline, and the rest are 'clicked and active'. While italicizing and underlining some words I got caught up and had to manually highlight space and manually unselect the Icon. The contrast or highlight on the box is non-existent.
- The text in the Editor box is much brighter and very harsh on the eyes compared to the text inside of the thread. I never had any issues with the old style I preferred. BOLD text is particularly egregious in the editor section, as it is super bright and harsh.
- Frozen Tab at the top of the screen should be optional, I think.
- I greatly preferred posting in Size 4 for readability. Neither Size 12 nor Size 15 match it, which feels really weird to me because editing old chapters requires me to Select-All and change to a new size. Which is Size 15 since its the closest I could get. Not a huge fan.
Mobile:
- The frozen tab at the top of mobile while scrolling is something I dislike. If I want to see notifications while reading or click on my profile, I'll just scroll up to the top to do so; having that extra frozen tab at the top cuts like 3 sentences I could be seeing, and thus increases the amount of scrolling I need to do in general.

User Functionality:
- The missing "All Threads by Author" is a real hit to functionality, I think.
- The "Create New Tread" thing appears to be a ninja, because it took me some time to find it. (I'm not blind, I swear, its just in the Dark theme it doesn't stand out much).
- The Questionable Questing Logo is really small in comparison to the mighty length and girth of the frozen bar at the top. I'd suggest making it two or three times bigger.
- Still no ability to directly input pictures from IMGUR? I still have to take any pictures I make and post as a hyperlink instead of a picture. Will direct 'drag and drop from desktop to QQ' be possible with XF2? (Edit: Appears to still be a problem that persists. Hope one day it can be fixed. lol Also, having to click a drop-down menu to get to Strikethrough is just... ugh.)
- Please, bring Dark Responsive Green back, because it was awesome. Hands down my favorite theme. Or is there a Xenforo2 version of Dark Responsive Green? (With the margins pushed in so I can actually read things without having to turn my head?)
- Also, please bring back the 'Like' and 'Unlike' version. Having the thumbs up be bright hurts my eyes and it also doesn't serve as a good signifier of where I am in reading replies and responses like I used to. I might be strange, but I like every comment that my stories get, both because I want to but because it is an easy way for me to track whether or not I've actually read the comment.
- HOLY MOLY. If there was one thing that I LOVED in the old QQ was the robust "Control+F" feature. I could "Control+F" and find by keywords, and then "Replace" or "Replace All". So if there was a name I misspelled or got some bit of information wrong multiple times in a single chapter, it was pretty much a one-stop-shop to have all of those fixed very quickly. That missing is a huge blow, mostly to me because I'm bad, but I do hope that the old "Control+F" feature will make a come-back. I don't think I saw anyone else mentioning it, if only because they hadn't been editing and chapter and needed it.
- Now that I am actively using the forum as intended, responding to comments on a new chapter, I notice that the "Users Viewing this Thread" section is above the Reply section. Normally I'm stoked to see 300+ people in the thread and reading what I have to offer, however, that many names also means that I have to scroll even further down to reply to them. Let's not cut seeing every name (as I like seeing some of my favorite authors enjoying my content, as its quite the well needed ego boost), but let's move it to after the Reply Box so it doesn't take up needless space.
- I also don't like how the Threadmarks isn't available at the bottom of the chapter. Like, if I wanted to quickly hop to the Index or Extras it would mean that I would have to scroll all the way back to the top of a chapter, or all of the to the bottom to do so.
- The new Dark Green theme is definitely a step in the right direction, though the brightness of the text sems to be inconsistent at best. Sometimes its the proper brightness, and other times its like my monitor turned into a text-based flashbang. Really strange. Also, the bright neon green could be made less bright and/or a shade darker?

Potential Bugs:
- When clicking the "Reply" box on comments on your profile, if you click the 'Edit box' again- as if to ensure your cursor is blinking in the box or clicking to go to a specific space- it will open up another box. And if you click on the box again it will open another Reply box. And another reply box.
- The formatting with Xenforo2 is screwed up? I copy/paste from my document, and everything is double spaced? I either have to choose between manually removing all of the extra spaces that make the chapter unreadable, or I have to go through and post without formatting, and then go through and manually fix all of the bolded, italics, underlines, or strikethroughs? I hope that this gets fixed ASAP.

EDIT: If I had to say what my favorite addition so far is, it would be that I can now see how many people are 'Watching' my fic.
- Where did you go to find that out? I haven't seen anything on it, though it's not like I've had a whole lot of time on it.

Last edited:
QQ logo is replaced by Xenforo logo on mobile. (Screenshot is hosted on Discord so will disappear in several days or a week.)
image0.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but as far as I can tell, the option to see what threads someone has made has vanished, which is kind of annoying. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. All I can see is posts in general, not threads, when clicking on their profile.

Please fix email notifications - now instead of getting smut in my mail I've to open QQ in separate tab and login. I know it sounds like minor thing, but I really like receiving smut mail and reading it in app.
I think you're going to have to manually change the watch settings of your watched threads.

Alright, new UI.
This is going to be a review on just the UI elements, not technical elements. If I observe any issues with that, I'll find the appropriate thread.

The good:
1. The UI looks better. Nicer than the old gray blobs/blocks.
>Sine, you're still using the dark theme.
Yeah, but this one looks better.
2. Bigger avatar/name section. I don't have to squint, go above 200% magnification, or hover over an avatar to see it properly.

The undecided:
1. Huge fuckoff bar at the top that stays there. Not sure how I feel about that yet. Think I'd like to have it auto-hide when I scroll down and pop back up when I mouse near it, instead of dedicating something like 10% of screen real estate to it that could go to other posts/text.
2. Extra large buttons/text in the big fuckoff bar.
>Sine, you can change text size with that button right there in the bar...
Yeah, but that's site-wide, not just for that one element.
3. Direct new thread creation right from whatever section you're in, i.e. NSFW CW. Not sure I like the potential for oops.
>Since you have to confirm it.
Five bucks says someone's cat posts a new thread from their keyboard inside a month.

The bad:
1. The logo looks ridiculous in the big fuckoff bar. Compared to button size, it needs to be double to triple the size.
Personally, I suggest doing a new logo entirely just for the big fuckoff bar. Skip spelling out 'Questionable Questing' in text for ants and just have 'QQ' in the site colors there.
Which brings me to point 2. In looking to find the appropriate colors...
2. Where are all the formatting options?
>Sine, they're hidden under your user options, under Rich Text Editor, you old-timer.
Firstly, get off my lawn.
Secondly, yeah, digging through those now and...
Froala (default): options fucking where?
TinyMCE: looks like absolute dogshit. It has the options I want right where I expect them, but it's fucking blue. Why is it fucking blue in the dark theme?
Rich Text Disabled: nope^nope^nope.
>Ackshually sine, in Froala, those options are hidden by the little three lines beside the Bold/Italics/Font Size buttons.
That's even worse. I dislike having to click a button to unhide them. Can we do something about that? I don't want the blue cancer infecting my calm grays, but I want buttons right there to click.
3. Remember what I said about liking the new, larger spaces for avatars/names? Well, the spacing for replies looks pretty trashy by comparison. Huge blocks of vertical whitespace just sitting there, taking up space that could be compacted by between 25% to 50%. The area above the post text, for post time and share/bookmark/post number is the worst offender, really. Horizontal whitespace in the avatar/name section could be reduced by about 10%.

Overall: Other than a few minor annoyances and the obvious adjustment period to new things, and crotchety old man complaints, it seems fine so far. Will withhold judgement for a few weeks to get a better handle on it.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but as far as I can tell, the option to see what threads someone has made has vanished, which is kind of annoying. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. All I can see is posts in general, not threads, when clicking on their profile.
It just got moved. It's in the Find button on their profile page, right next to Start Conversation.

Another thought, the bar at the top (Home/Forums/What's New/Members, ect.
It doesn't need to follow me down the page when I scroll.
is it actually important enough that it needs to be on-screen 100% of the time?
No.

That's eating up about a solid inch of valuable screen-space, in addition to my Tabs, URL Bar and Favourites bar, that's actually a pretty significant chunk of my total screen-space.

Either hide it or just make it stay at the top of the page where it belongs and stop following me around when I scroll.

Make it stay at the top of the screen. Those buttons aren't something i'm going to need often, and when I do, I can just scroll up.
Edit: You can reduce the width of those buttons by a full 50% as well, they're far too fat.

Last edited:
For anyone who doesn't like the default rich text editor/text pane of XF2, you can switch that in preferences from Froala (Default) to TinyMCE which is closer to the old style, my eyeballs now hurt 87% less, hope this helps.

Another annoying quibble:

Site now does that irritating thing where clicking on a profile picture takes you *directly* to that profile page, as opposed to the previous functionality, where it instead did a little popup of the profile, which I VASTLY preferred.

For anyone who doesn't like the default rich text editor/text pane of XF2, you can switch that in preferences from Froala (Default) to TinyMCE which is closer to the old style, my eyeballs now hurt 87% less, hope this helps.

Both have dropdowns, which are abominable.

Dropdowns are cancer, just display all the damn options, I've got the screen space, I want OPTIONS not a big blank bar with a '...' or two where all the options are hidden.

Didn't notice until you pointed it out but thats actually a huge problem in my book. Thats how I directly find a fair few threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back