• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

What...?

I really think I need to word "Diligent" better.

Diligent makes her autocomplete one training action per turn for free.

So if she trains three times this turn, then next turn only "option 1" will happen. If next turn she only has two training actions left, I won't even allow you to use both of her actions to train, because she will already train one of those actions by herself.

I really don't understand what your second option would mean, because she wouldn't need to spend her two actions training period.

You once said that "the Diligent action happens at the end of the turn".

I took that to mean that the other two we pick on our own happen mid-turn, and so we could potentially add the "Velvet trains her to all-4" mid-turn if we had her finish her training in that same turn.

if she needs to have finished the training "the turn before", then it doesn't matter. Basically I was hoping there was a way to get her to all-4 next turn, but apparently that's just not possible.

Then again, it's not that important. We can do that first-thing on turn 21, and it's nearly the same thing.

You once said that "the Diligent action happens at the end of the turn".

I took that to mean that the other two we pick on our own happen mid-turn, and so we could potentially add the "Velvet trains her to all-4" mid-turn if we had her finish her training in that same turn.

if she needs to have finished the training "the turn before", then it doesn't matter. Basically I was hoping there was a way to get her to all-4 next turn, but apparently that's just not possible.

Then again, it's not that important. We can do that first-thing on turn 21, and it's nearly the same thing.
>Tries to QM a quest
>Can't explain basic mechanics of own characters
Truly, I am one of the QMs of all time :V

I understand what you're saying, and it's definitely my fault.

So, I just finished rewording Luna's character sheet. Small changes, but I hope it makes it a bit clearer now.

And just so we're all on the same page, Diligent and Luna's own actions all take the entire turn to show results. Diligent really is just a way to say that "even if you NEVER pick a training option, she will eventually be fully trained in 5 turns".

Anyhow, it's all fine, no worries.

Because turn 17 we survived an EiB from NEIGHNIA, we struck back, and then turn 18 went too quiet.

So there's a few possibilities there

1) Copper thought we died, and only realized later we survived, and so she'll do something this turn
2) Copper thought we survived, and has been preparing for a more "conventional" attack on us
3) Copper has gone mad, and is not in any condition to act against us.
4) Copper thinks current Velvet is a Changeling and will not openly act against us anymore

Fact is, there's a decent chance that Copper will attack us again. She didn't LAST TURN, but that doesn't mean she won't at all. Maybe she's just amassing more Windigos to absolutely destroy us. She likely gave up on Ritual attacks after an EiB from THE WINTER NAME failed.
I am aware of that but your plan does nothing to actually deal with Copper. Your treating a wound not stopping the person actively attacking. Lets just hit Copper with 2-3 Names and remove the problem permanently. Get the manuscripts, claims the Winter name's painting preventing anybody but us from summoning her, and claiming any artifacts and money Copper has acquired, which I am sure she has a few.

Every action we take that does not reach towards Glory is an action that is not reaching for Glory.
Every action Copper takes towards harming and stopping us is an action she is not taking towards Glory.

Copper is a problem. But Copper is a problem that preventing her from causing us serious damage is much easier and cheaper on actions than solving the situation.
Her no longer being in the picture would simplify a few things, yes... But we would still be wise to put up our guards. To protect what we have. To be wary of what evidence of ours could come to light.

Dealing with Copper is simply.... Inefficient right now.
Besides. She wants the attention.

[X] Plan Pittauro, With Changeling Detectives

Going with this for now. Very skeptical about doing two tapestry actions. I trust Baldomare to succeed, but I don't know that Jade will. They're searching for the key and a level six book. I think the CD will be quite high. I also doubt it'll be that easy to get.
I'd rather focus on Changelings since we did so last turn to not spread the bureau out. Honestly I'd rather have the constables follow up cause I trust Reproach's judgement a little more than the others.

>Tries to QM a quest
>Can't explain basic mechanics of own characters
Truly, I am one of the QMs of all time :V

I understand what you're saying, and it's definitely my fault.

So, I just finished rewording Luna's character sheet. Small changes, but I hope it makes it a bit clearer now.

And just so we're all on the same page, Diligent and Luna's own actions all take the entire turn to show results. Diligent really is just a way to say that "even if you NEVER pick a training option, she will eventually be fully trained in 5 turns".

Anyhow, it's all fine, no worries.
a minor misunderstanding. Happy it's been made clear.

a bit less happy that apparently the training takes until the end of the turn to apply, but then again that was how you meant it in the first place.

I am aware of that but your plan does nothing to actually deal with Copper. Your treating a wound not stopping the person actively attacking. Lets just hit Copper with 2-3 Names and remove the problem permanently. Get the manuscripts, claims the Winter name's painting preventing anybody but us from summoning her, and claiming any artifacts and money Copper has acquired, which I am sure she has a few.
that's because as long as we can survive this turn (and maybe turn 20), we'll have a fully trained Selene, Biedde, maybe a Mare in the Light...

in other words, I don't think we're going to attack Copper this turn, nor do I want to.

I'd rather we grow our power for the next turn or two, and then, IF she hasn't attacked us first, we MURDERIZE her while sending Luna, Axe, Biedde and/or whatever is needed, also hopefully taking care of any Windigo AND the Manuscripts.

I... really don't see why it would only apply to the Diligent. They're all just actions she's taking that turn. @OurLadyOfWires can you confirm?
Oh wow, it's almost like I knew what I was talking about. :V

(I just woke up twenty minutes ago, how did you guys have an entire conversation around a question I already asked?)

[x] Plan Security for the family
-[x] Summon Axe, yes! (Costs one VELVET action)
-[x] [DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[x] [CONSTABLES] (FOLLOW UP) Your detectives need to start breaking some very tough doors before they can start asking some very tough questions. Have your constables do what needs to be done.
-[x] [COMMISSIONER] The Bureau is more than an institution, it is a gathering of dedicated ponies working towards a unified goal. Ingrain yourself with them. (Establish, increase, or salvage the loyalty of the Bureau towards you personally.)
-[x] [RARITY] Take a commission. (Gain at least 100 bits immediately, will "fail" her career roll)
-[x] [JADE] Research "A Memory of Light" (Current progress 0/100, uses Learning and LANTERN)
-[x] [SELENE] This body is new to her, but it is old to the world. She must learn of its abilities and privileges. (Grain +5 to her General Bonus) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] [SELENE] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[x] [BALDOMARE] Something else? (Scry the Key that Only Opens)
-[x] [MAREINETTE] You need her to talk to… (Flithy Rich)
-[x] [AXE] Something else? (Attack Copper)
-[X] One extra Velvet action! (Costs 2 follower actions)

[X] Plan Light'em up Jade
-[X] Axe, yes! (Costs one VELVET action)
-[X] [DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[X] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN one VELVET action for the next phase)
-[X] [COMMISSIONER] The Lunar Bureau is not the only recently-minted institution in Equestria. Try to contact the others.
--[X] Eclipse(?), and Midday Dew.
-[X] [RARITY] Take a commission. (Gain at least 100 bits immediately, will "fail" her career roll)
-[X] [SELENE] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] [SELENE] Realize something about Knock. (Unlock her Knock skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] [JADE] Research "A Memory of Light" (Current progress 0/100, uses Learning and LANTERN)
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Something else? (Go to Manehattan and infiltrate Copper's cult to recover our manuscripts.)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, search for "The Key that Only Opens" the Daughter of Axe wants)
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)
-[X] You need this to be done. Send a pony on an expedition.
--[X] Beneath the Royal Castle, pt. 2

Going with this for now. Very skeptical about doing two tapestry actions. I trust Baldomare to succeed, but I don't know that Jade will. They're searching for the key and a level six book. I think the CD will be quite high. I also doubt it'll be that easy to get.
I'd rather focus on Changelings since we did so last turn to not spread the bureau out. Honestly I'd rather have the constables follow up cause I trust Reproach's judgement a little more than the others.
Unless people decide to wildly deviate from previous discussion Jade will have a SH 2 reagent for it so she'll probably pass the check for SH. And it's the Lantern roll that decides how much info she gets. Assuming no deviation she'll have Lantern 4 and with that bonus plus the reroll it'll be fine.

Unless people decide to wildly deviate from previous discussion Jade will have a SH 2 reagent for it so she'll probably pass the check for SH. And it's the Lantern roll that decides how much info she gets. Assuming no deviation she'll have Lantern 4 and with that bonus plus the reroll it'll be fine.
I think people who planned to continue SH sacrament actions wanted to use SH reagent for Calling of Influence action. Unless we decided against it while I was not looking?

If so I suggest looking at DoA sacrament. Its text mentions that it includes runing some kind of errant for DoA. Can't exclude possibility that it in some way Frangiclave related. Better to learn details of it before we go on expedition for it in case it makes things easier.

Since Selene will have an extra action either this turn or next one if we go all in on training I will use it this turn to add a Guard action to my plan.

[X] Plan Void with guard
-[X] [DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[X] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN one VELVET action for the next phase)
-[X] [COMMISSIONER] The Lunar Bureau is not the only recently-minted institution in Equestria. Try to contact the others.
-[X] [RARITY] Take a commission. (Gain at least 100 bits immediately, will "fail" her career roll)
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Ask for a lesson on the Lores. (HEART)
-[X] [SELENE] Realize something about Edge. (Unlock her Edge skill) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] You need this to be done. Send a pony on an expedition. Canterlot Pt 2
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, Frangiclave)
--[X] To be performed on the safe place Baldomare directed you to. (Will expire at the end of turn 20)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, Level 6 Book)
-[X] Attack your foe, or defend yourself. In war, there is no other option.
--[X] [GUARD] You would very much like to keep this safe. (Your home)

[X] Plan Void
-[X] [MAREINETTE] Ask for a lesson on the Lores. (HEART)
-[X] [SELENE] This body is new to her, but it is old to the world. She must learn of its abilities and privileges. (Grain +5 to her General Bonus) (TRAINING ACTION)
-[X] You need this to be done. Send a pony on an expedition. Canterlot Pt 2
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, Frangiclave)
-[X] You need somepony to perform this ritual… (Reflection of the Tapestry, Level 6 Book)

I think people who planned to continue SH sacrament actions wanted to use SH reagent for Calling of Influence action. Unless we decided against it while I was not looking?

If so I suggest looking at DoA sacrament. Its text mentions that it includes runing some kind of errant for DoA. Can't exclude possibility that it in some way Frangiclave related. Better to learn details of it before we go on expedition for it in case it makes things easier.
We could maybe use a reagent action to make 3 reagents this turn if we really need them. Not sure if we can afford it though.

It also may not be a bad idea to take Shining Armor with the Bureau social. Both to get an idea how the bureau feels about the bureau actions as a whole and to feel him out with everything going on behind the scenes.

I also had a thought that if we need to find changelings to placate Celestia we can point detectives toward changeling Hive were Baldomare went on expedition. Maybe some changelings even returned there. And perhaps Master have not bothered to gather all loot there if it was beneath his notice. There is also... em.. dead ponies still lying around I think.

I also had a thought that if we need to find changelings to placate Celestia we can point detectives toward changeling Hive were Baldomare went on expedition. Maybe some changelings even returned there. And perhaps Master have not bothered to gather all loot there if it was beneath his notice. There is also... em.. dead ponies still lying around I think.
Hmm.

We would have to scry it, but it is an option... Not sure how much progress it would make to finding living changelings, but it would be new information for the Crown at least.

Consensus was reached to put off the Sacrament action this turn.
We could maybe use a reagent action to make 3 reagents this turn if we really need them. Not sure if we can afford it though.
We definitely can't if we're summoning a MitL and even if we aren't we can't afford three T3 reagents. Hell we probably can't afford 2.

Baldomare also has that thing where she tells us only what we already know, so she could just say "You will find it if you look for it, Velvet".
Well I guess I can ask to be sure.@OurLadyOfWires does Velvet knows enough about Changeling Hive were cult expedition went to point detectives in its direction?For something like this I mean:

-[] [DETECTIVES] Nudge them in the… "correct" direction. Put them on the trail of one of your Opponents. (WRITE IN which Opponent: Changelings, point toward general Changeling Hive location)

that's because as long as we can survive this turn (and maybe turn 20), we'll have a fully trained Selene, Biedde, maybe a Mare in the Light...

in other words, I don't think we're going to attack Copper this turn, nor do I want to.

I'd rather we grow our power for the next turn or two, and then, IF she hasn't attacked us first, we MURDERIZE her while sending Luna, Axe, Biedde and/or whatever is needed, also hopefully taking care of any Windigo AND the Manuscripts.
That being passive not active, Copper gains more from every turn passing then Velvet does, she the one doing expeditions gathering artifacts that how she got the Winter Name's painting to summon her with. It also giving Copper a chance to Swipe Biedde, I fully expect her to be thou the chapel this or last turn. Right now their is zero chance of Copper fighting off Ax, Biedde, and Mareinette, that 3 names all specialized for combat. We cannot say the same for next turn, the rival grows incredibly quick, much faster then the player can.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Pittauro, With Changeling Detectives and General Bonus

[X] Plan Pittauro, With Changeling Detectives

[X] Plan Pittauro

No it wasn't. A couple of people have said they think we may need to, but that is not a consensus.
If people had problems with the plans being discussed at the time then why not raise them instead of staying silent, why not try and convince others of your view point? We have what, a dozen plans right now? The majority with minor differences, if people had issue with the discussion at the time then make at least some mention of it so an attempt at compromise could be made.

Last edited:
If people had problems with the plans being discussed at the time then why not raise them instead of staying silent, why not try and convince others of your view point? We have what, a dozen plans right now? The majority with minor differences, if people had issue with the discussion at the time then make at least some mention of it so an attempt at compromise could be made.
I'm... pretty sure they did, in fact, bring it up during the discussion?

The whole point of the divided voting is that we don't have to settle what Velvet is doing right now. (I think it would be advantageous to do so, but it seems the way it's worked out we're putting off a lot of those questions.)

It's not possible to actually establish a consensus without voting!

Forums are forums, discussion moves on…

That being passive not active, Copper gains more from every turn passing then Velvet does, she the one doing expeditions gathering artifacts that how she got the Winter Name's painting to summon her with. It also giving Copper a chance to Swipe Biedde, I fully expect her to be thou the chapel this or last turn. Right now their is zero chance of Copper fighting off Ax, Biedde, and Mareinette, that 3 names all specialized for combat. We cannot say the same for next turn, the rival grows incredibly quick, much faster then the player can.
we're likely going to try for Biedde either this turn or the next. I don't expect her to get him that quickly.

and we're growing stronger faster than Copper I think. We're one lore short of all-4, and by the end of this turn we'll have 4 to 5 Name-tier followers (Baldomare, Axe, Mareinette, Selene (though she's not at full strength until end of next turn), MAYBE Biedde)

She has one. AND we're protected from EiB, as we can always just ask for more Wrong Keys.

She can definitely make problems for us, worst case is a Windigo attack on the mansion I think, but She's not really growing faster than us.
I'm... pretty sure they did, in fact, bring it up during the discussion?
and also this isn't the Velvet part of planning.

Nothing stops anyone from proposing a "Call of Influnce SH, SH Reagent, 2 Sacrament actions" for the next voting session. It would mean giving up on Biedde and accepting a lower chance of scrying success for Jade's scrying ritual I think?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back