• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Which one? Because I don't remember anything about Hush House being one of the same-in-every-history spots.

...also even if it was, that wouldn't exactly stop another History's Hokobald from visiting :V
It was either the one talking about Rose and how it's Secret Histories outside the Hush House because of something the Bureau did or the one talking about the Isle and the House's connection to it.

Last edited:
A desire to meet the Wolf might be able to drive it, too. The reason that the desire for Glory can't be taken by the Blank Door is because it's the only desire than isn't anchored nor can be attained in the Wake. So if there was something else in the Mansus that you wanted, that didn't exist in the wake, that was not born from nor could be gained in the Wake... that might let you navigate the Plains as well.
oh, I agree, it makes sense.

I was more disagreeing with this bit that I forgot to quote

Glory requires passing through the Blank Plains.
Wanting Glory more than peace, or rest, or power, or safety or family.
I would not want Selene asked to reach for that.

You don't need to want the Glory more than those other things, as those desires are taken by the Blank Door.

You just need to want it. The one desire that is not tied to the Wake, and thus can survive after the Blank Door basically removes everything that makes you "You".

I don't think it needs to be something that restrictive, you just need to want something badly enough that you can move purposefully within the White Plains. After all each of the ascensions start with a temptation for something, be that power, knowledge or whatever. The temptation is enough to pass, you don't need a dedication or anything higher. Plus there is the fact Velvet can navigate within the Plains by wanting something there. Also, Christopher mentions that desire is all that you really need to climb further (dude has reached the Chmaber of Ways, he knows what he is talking about).

In other news I just read the Sunset Diaries and the implications there are sure…something. Also, I'm sadge that the theory that Baldomare is the Twice-Born Librarian is invalidated because of it.
Wait, he reached the Chamber of Ways? I remember reading him commenting somewhere that "he only wanted Theresa", while Theresa only wanted Glory. I kinda assumed he never made it past the Stag Door.

Then again maybe that was a blurb from an earlier in-game book.

Wait, he reached the Chamber of Ways? I remember reading him commenting somewhere that "he only wanted Theresa", while Theresa only wanted Glory. I kinda assumed he never made it past the Stag Door.

Christopher's books are basically in universe instructions on how to climb further, the second tells you that you can reach the White Door via Winter 4 and the third infroms the player they need a desire to reach the Stag Door. The third is also a way of telling us that Teresa wanted to climb, to be Long and then Name, more then she wanted to be with Christopher.

The fact that he have seen Teresa in the Concursum is in Sunset Diaries, which are not CS, but Enigma content. It is written in the 70s, which way after both BoH and CultSim, including "only wanted Teresa" book.

Given that he seemingly is in contact with Ligeians, he might have bypassed Ghirbi, or reached him through their help.

Also,
given that HoL implies that without Librarian choosing to endorse a single History, nearly all of them happen, explicitly including the War in the Sun, as well as the fall of Calyptra and a lot of other Hours, "Know" may no longer be a requirement. We just don't know.

Aye then.
Well let's see. I am a little mad you know, (like that fellow who taught Percussigants to juggle), as anyone who's read my ramblings on the nature of The Wolf should know, but I think I can explicate it.

Canine body-language and behavior. Ash is wagging his tail, quickly and forcefully enough to throw dust/ash around, and he also took us to see where he's hid/buried his favorite thing/bones. As far as canines go that's a pretty firm demonstration of trust and ease, Ash likes being around us. Compare this to Evil, who savaged us and left, and Paranoia who just left. I also note that Ash is willing to take direction (unlike the others) and will comply as best he's able without question, with enthusiasm even. All of this suggests to me something that at least resembles affection, or at least something closer than the other two managed. It suggested to me the not altogether pleasant thought that Velvet's sons might resemble her more and more as she resembles them, with the particularly nasty thought that by the time the penultimate son came about Velvet might pass him going the other way morally speaking.

Now wouldn't that be "fun"?

Where was I?

Right, Ash. Well my question, predicated on the thought that Ash might take just a little bit more after his mother than the first two, was whether it might be possible, speculatively speaking, to be a goodsubversive influence on Ash as long as he's willing to listen to us. Thus bringing him more around to our way of thinking.

And, while I have your attention, since Ash is aware of all who trespass upon the Wastes, can he monitor their comings and goings as the Master did in the Woods? And if so, is "[] [ASH-PREY]- Unusual Rumor" a valid option for information-gathering?
Ah yes! Thank you kindly for the reminder. So...
Ah, @OurLadyOfWires, while we/I have your attention, I never did get a response back on the clarification you asked me for in regards to Ash.

Namely this:
And thank you for the clarification!

So, I hate being vague, but I won't comment on that, really. Mainly because of, well, storytelling reasons. Confirming or denying that "yes, Wolf-sons will go on this or that direction, or follow this or that tendency" only serves as a very soft spoiler. Or at least as a way to confirm expectations, rather than build on them.

In short, I think this is a very interesting observation! And you do have three out of six (since seventh we already know) points on a graph. So, we will see how it goes.

@OurLadyOfWires any chance we can get a clarification on the following?
Oh. Yeah, he can.

Calling an Influence isn't really that hard for a Name. It just costs an entire action for them because of the "favor trading" relationship you have with them. So sure, Biedde can still Influence himself if he gives you one without any problems.

And about the conversation of him using it on himself to fight you, he won't. That would defeat the purpose of it.

I mean, narratively speaking, he WOULD call an influence on himself if you tried to ambush him, or use a Wrong Key, or use any other method to try and "cheat" your way around the rules. But Velvet won't even try it, so there is no need to go that way.

I just noticed Velvet's mother is named Soft Charm... and she has a daughter named Soft Sweeps. No reason to say it, but it is fun.
That's just a reminder that QM is not very good at creating names.

I mean, Stormchaser, Soft Sweeps, Silky Stream, Selene... Need I go on :V

@OurLadyOfWires, now that Luna is restored, does she qualify as a "worthy opponent" for that Edge Sacrament?
Yeah. Also, let me check on my notes if Shining Armor isn't there due to a mistake...

See, the image I have of Ilopoly is now this Based as shit mofo who climbs through sheer determination to catch up to his waifu. It just doesn't work because said Waifu was talented enough to become a Name super fucking fast. :V
Aye. I lack any new Lore that appeared in BoH, but I also have a lot of respect for Ilopoly.

Is why I write certain things about Baldomare the way I do.

Anyways, that seems to be it. I hope you are all doing well! I'll close the vote on my next post, and should write throughout the next few days.

Also, this isn't really intentional. And I won't go out of my way to do this. But I still want your opinion on something.

Due to a change in routine, I can only write during weekends. So, I have the turn planned out, and I write the updates in the order I placed them.

And since I have to be away during the weekend, I have been trying to "end" the weekend with an update that involves a vote, so we can "optimize" our time usage by voting during the week, and so I can reach the weekend (and resume writing) with a period of voting done.

Again, so far this has happened as a coincidence. And I won't go out of my way to "create" a vote, just to shove it on your faces. But do you guys think this has been working? This has happened... for at least two weeks now. What are your thoughts on this?

My main concern is that some readers can only participate in the thread on weekends (like myself, really), so they weren't able to vote during the week because votes opened Sunday night and closed Friday in the afternoon. Has anyone had that issue as of yet?

Thank you for your feedback!

Last edited:
VOTING CLOSED

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 110 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 3301-3650]
##### NetTally 4.0.2

Task: BIEDDE

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.
No. of Votes: 21

[X][BIEDDE] Send somepony to locate, or spy on, this opponent (Copper Secateur)
No. of Votes: 15

[X][BIEDDE] There is something in Canterlot that you simply must find. Look for it.
No. of Votes: 2

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for a lesson on Edge.
No. of Votes: 1

[X][BIEDDE] Attack a Foe (Copper Secateur)

[X][BIEDDE] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[X] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)

[X][BIEDDE] Go get bits (no restrictions on methods)

Total No. of Voters: 35

This action will be included in your "Turn Plan". It won't happen immediately, but will be accounted for as if Biedde had been available since the beginning of the turn.

Update will be written eventually. Have a great day everyone!

Calling an Influence isn't really that hard for a Name. It just costs an entire action for them because of the "favor trading" relationship you have with them. So sure, Biedde can still Influence himself if he gives you one without any problems.
So what you're saying is that if we move from favor-trading to full friendship they'll give us max Influences for free? :V

The fact that he have seen Teresa in the Concursum is in Sunset Diaries, which are not CS, but Enigma content.
The lore in it is however canon to the universe even if some particulars aren't.
Given that he seemingly is in contact with Ligeians, he might have bypassed Ghirbi, or reached him through their help.
See, the image I have of Ilopoly is now this Based as shit mofo who climbs through sheer determination to catch up to his waifu. It just doesn't work because said Waifu was talented enough to become a Name super fucking fast. :V
He isn't climbing because he wants to catch up to Teresa, he climbs because something about the Caraprace Cross having passed within terrifies him and he has decided to side with Cosley. They're searching for a specific Key, I believe it's the Biting Key and they haven't found it yet. As for Teresa's climbing speed...well she is Blood of the Earth and the Aspirant also manages to climb very quickly.

Also, if we take the Sunset Diaries as completely canon then the canon Exile ending is the Kindred one and the War in the Sun doesn't kick off until way later

Also also, can you tell me where I can find the implication in the spoiler Starlit?
Again, so far this has happened as a coincidence. And I won't go out of my way to "create" a vote, just to shove it on your faces. But do you guys think this has been working? This has happened... for at least two weeks now. What are your thoughts on this?
Everything has been fine for me so far so no issues here.

I'm glad you appreciated my explanation @OurLadyOfWires, It is of course neither a confirmation nor a denial, but in the absence of a visceral denial I believe I feel confident enough to continue pushing for socialization/domestication of Ash. Sins of the Mother being after all not the sins of the child and all that, we'll see how it goes.

The ashen Wolf bears the walls of the Mansus on his back, as any scholar knows the Mansus has no walls...

I think it's been working well enough, so far the pattern has spawned several excellent debates, a few omakes, and general healthy discussion. Too early to tell if ennui might set in, best way to avoid that would be to keep giving us fresh grist for the mill. Hint hint.

Edit:
Ah yes, would you mind terribly threadmarking that one very helpful post about the proper "canon" color codes for the Lores? It's a bit of a journey to dig back up manually every time I (Or I presume anyone else) want to do something clever.

Last edited:
He isn't climbing because he wants to catch up to Teresa, he climbs because something about the Caraprace Cross having passed within terrifies him and he has decided to side with Cosley. They're searching for a specific Key, I believe it's the Biting Key and they haven't found it yet. As for Teresa's climbing speed...well she is Blood of the Earth and the Aspirant also manages to climb very quickly.
Man, why you gotta go bringing logic and reason into this? :V

Anywho, yay for Influence winning I guess. Gonna be real cool to see. I wanna punch Comet in the face and call him a bitch.

Ehh I think him cooler for siding with the Worms personally, History always jived better with me than Eternity. Also, even if he's climbing for a different reason he still carries a Glory sized torch for Teresa.

The man is still sappy as fuck and I'm here for it.

Anywho, yay for Influence winning I guess. Gonna be real cool to see. I wanna punch Comet in the face and call him a bitch.
If a Frightened Velvet was terrifying, imagine one that is (relatively)mentally stable and with A Resolution on her hooves. Comet is gonna kneel and beg to be forgiven.

Due to a change in routine, I can only write during weekends. So, I have the turn planned out, and I write the updates in the order I placed them.

And since I have to be away during the weekend, I have been trying to "end" the weekend with an update that involves a vote, so we can "optimize" our time usage by voting during the week, and so I can reach the weekend (and resume writing) with a period of voting done.

Yeah, no concerns here. It makes a lot of sense with the restraints on your time and does seem efficient.

It does give the Quest something of a rhythm — I know when things are likely to be happening and when it's more likely to be (Fun! Indulgent!) side-conversations.

The example of scouting Copper here, even though it didn't win, also goes to show it's not like voting gets totally resolved in a day! There is opportunity for counter-argument and exploring other possibilities.

If a Frightened Velvet was terrifying, imagine one that is (relatively)mentally stable and with A Resolution on her hooves. Comet is gonna kneel and beg to be forgiven.
It's honestly kinda wild. Like, even without AotL, every time we see max Influences very crazy things tend to happen. Doors blowing open at Velvet's approach for Knock, the entire estate fawning over her with Grail, even Moth way the fuck back was seriously creepy and cool.

Edge though… imagine how Sharp she'll look, sound, feel. Like she could cut you open just by glancing your way. Comet, under his Influence, was a Monster, an Executioner's axe just waiting to fall. What will Velvet be, I wonder, as the Loremaster and not the Enforcer?

Comet is gonna kneel and beg to be forgiven.
This is insufficiently Edge-coded!

We're bringing a Resolution, "Who can avert the finality of battle?", over. It's going to be a little messier than this, I imagine!

But hopefully it does offer resolution to all that's gone between us. I just hope Fluttershy isn't disappointed.
Ah yes, would you mind terribly threadmarking that one very helpful post about the proper "canon" color codes for the Lores?
(@OurLadyOfWires Yes please — Ideally in the Index category otherwise it'll get drowned out by apocrypha in not long. A lot easier to get it out of a list of 8 and not a list of what will hopefully one day be hundreds!)

Last edited:
It's honestly kinda wild. Like, even without AotL, every time we see max Influences very crazy things tend to happen. Doors blowing open at Velvet's approach for Knock, the entire estate fawning over her with Grail, even Moth way the fuck back was seriously creepy and cool.

Edge though… imagine how Sharp she'll look, sound, feel. Like she could cut you open just by glancing your way. Comet, under his Influence, was a Monster, an Executioner's axe just waiting to fall. What will Velvet be, I wonder, as the Loremaster and not the Enforcer?
That might have been because she is Velvet Covers(protagonist) or her high lore levels/potential in general.

I just want to see the shock in his face when we just let him go at the end, he will be so confused...or not and that will be the restart of our friendship path with Comet Feet. So I hope she will be as scary as possible since she is almost at All-4, has A Resolution and has space for an Edge Sacrament, I almost feel bad of what we are doing to him... almost.

But hopefully it does offer resolution to all that's gone between us. I just hope Fluttershy isn't disappointed.
If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

Fluttershy will be fine, she is most likely used to seeing animals fighting... she just won't be able to stop it this time.

I just want to see the shock in his face when we just let him go at the end, he will be so confused...or not and that will be the restart of our friendship path with Comet Feet. So I hope she will be as scary as possible since she is almost at All-4, has A Resolution and has space for an Edge Sacrament, I almost feel bad of what we are doing to him... almost.

I'm hoping he won't be confused at all, I'm hoping we achieve utmost clarity with this conversation. We don't need him to be our very best friend or even our friend at all, we just need to be sure he isn't going to catastrophize, get erroneous ideas about our objectives, or respond to an overture from Copper out of misplaced concern.

"Who can avert the finality of battle?"
Someone kind and forgiving, optimistic but not naive, and of course, strong enough to be heard, just a guess, but there are many characters that could potentially, hypothetically, avert the finality of battle.

I wonder if Velvet will be one of them?

My main concern is that some readers can only participate in the thread on weekends (like myself, really), so they weren't able to vote during the week because votes opened Sunday night and closed Friday in the afternoon. Has anyone had that issue as of yet?

Thank you for your feedback!

When you give someone 5 days, even workdays, to vote, I'd argue 99% of people will find 30 minutes in the evening to vote if they care about it at all.

I wouldn't worry about it.

(...I'm playing in this quest on SB, and it updates daily, and I actually don't have time to make up my own plans there most of the time, just for a counter-example)

(yes, I'm talking of To Live is to Dream, the pokemon quest. I'm sure many here know it. It's kind of the most popular AND active quest on SB right now I think. If you don't know it I recommend it!)

So what you're saying is that if we move from favor-trading to full friendship they'll give us max Influences for free? :V

As I mentioned I suspect they'll slowly get more actions.

Biedde can't be befriended, and he effectively has two.

Selene is arguably our closest confidant now, and we did a massive questline for her, AND she has two actions.

and expeditions can cost 1-2-3 actions...

I'm glad you appreciated my explanation @OurLadyOfWires, It is of course neither a confirmation nor a denial, but in the absence of a visceral denial I believe I feel confident enough to continue pushing for socialization/domestication of Ash. Sins of the Mother being after all not the sins of the child and all that, we'll see how it goes.

The ashen Wolf bears the walls of the Mansus on his back, as any scholar knows the Mansus has no walls...

sins of the mother, fair.

Sins of the WOLF Father though...

I'm just here to see if

1)We get a Naruto-speech

2)we get a flashback sequence

3)we're stopped by Fluttershy, and then are BOTH scolded

4)Worse, only Velvet is scolded, and Comet is all smug about it.

sins of the mother, fair.

Sins of the WOLF Father though...

We've stolen plenty of other things, and I would be very surprised if options to co-opt two alicorns via a wedding and adoption were a part of the original quest concept. Why not steal Ash too?

Poor Lunar Bureau.
And just after she started to stop stressing them out.

Poor Lunar Bureau.
And just after she started to stop stressing them out.
To be fair, it'll be less apparent since it's Name Granted, and unlike Velvet or Comet they don't have refined Lore senses let alone a high level in that particular lore to know what they're seeing.

Honestly, half the time it felt like Velvet was so consistently terrified by everything around her was simply because she understood what she was looking at.

Like the difference between looking at a big burly guy and thinking "oh he's dangerous", and looking at a big, burly guy and going "oh, he's this well trained and can probably hurt me in these various ways." To most people Edge is easy to handwave as the strong fights Lore, but Velvet, being good at it herself, knows exactly what another Edge adept can do to a person, how much agony, strength, and cunning they can wield.

We've stolen plenty of other things, and I would be very surprised if options to co-opt two alicorns via a wedding and adoption were a part of the original quest concept. Why not steal Ash too?
That's fair.

Also Ash is kind of the first (SOFT DOESN'T COUNT!) of our wolf-sons that was sort of born out of a positive emotion.

Well, kind of.

The first one, EVIL, was born out of Velvet's arguably selfish if understandable desire to NOT die.

PARANOIA was born out of anger at a Door daring to ask her to recognize pegasi and earth ponies as her lesser. It's, in a way, righteous anger, but still!

ASH, on the other hand, was born out of a murder made for love. We killed the Master in the worst way possible because the Master would otherwise do... that, to Cadance, Shining, and Flurry. It would have tainted our relationship with Cadance forever.

so, even ignoring the potential pattern of "are Wolves becoming slightly less ABSOLUTELY evil and gaining redeeming qualities as we go on?", there's also how their birth was caused by progressively less... bad emotions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back