• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I'm not getting emails from QQ

What about an opt in request? Those affected can ask for the alerts to be resent without affecting other users.
This is a good idea. After problem solved, announce and send an e-mail of announcement to direct to an auto request page.

Anyway, I finally finished checking 10 pages of threads for missed updates, it was very bad, especially because I accidentally opened alerts and they disappeared, so I had to check all of them.

The admins have announced they know the cause. I don't think further reports of 'I use Gmail and I'm affected too' are of use.

(That said, if you have something new to report - such as if you affected and you are on a email provider that hasn't be mentioned previously, or if you're on Gmail and not affected - don't let me stop you.)

Not getting any Email updates, thought the stories I follow stopped updating together all of a sudden but it seems I'm not the only one not getting the OP email updates (I watched all the threads I follow with OP notifications and I receive none so far).

The admins have announced they know the cause. I don't think further reports of 'I use Gmail and I'm affected too' are of use.

(That said, if you have something new to report - such as if you affected and you are on a email provider that hasn't be mentioned previously, or if you're on Gmail and not affected - don't let me stop you.)

Maybe a pinned mod post saying this? As more people notice this issue, this thread will be more and more packed- that might cut down on the people going TLDR and posting anyway.

Maybe a pinned mod post saying this? As more people notice this issue, this thread will be more and more packed- that might cut down on the people going TLDR and posting anyway.
Maybe even worth putting on the top bar. (We've had previous mail delivery issues included there before.)

Does anyone have any idea why the notifications are not coming? Could someone from the staff tell us what the problem is and how long it will take to solve it?

Does anyone have any idea why the notifications are not coming?

Check the threadmarks:

It seems the culprit of the current email issue is that someone else with the same Server Provider we are using is sending out spam- possibly multiple servers ("snowshoe spam"). As such, we got caught up in the blacklists.
We had long been battling email deliverability issues, it's likely that this was the case before and the cause of grief, but a recent uptick has seen more spamlists list the entire IP block our site is on.

Good idea. ultima333, alethiophile? Maybe as one of those floating notifications that shows up as the top-post on every page of the thread?

So looking at the banner I apparently misunderstood it. I thought that by changing my email to Proton mail I could get email alerts for the threads I've been following, but I still don't get anything. Any progress on getting the problem fixed?

Same issue on gmail.

I also have the same issue over at alternatehistory. I haven't recieved an email notifications there since 2019. I've told the mods about this back then and they said they had no idea why it's like that.

I guess I'll keep the watched thread permanently open on my browser then.

I also have the same issue over at alternatehistory. I haven't recieved an email notifications there since 2019. I've told the mods about this back then and they said they had no idea why it's like that.
TIL that my lack of AH.com notifications is not just that I have nothing to get notified about.

(It's probably that too, but I was always wondering why I was getting nothing at all instead of, like, a slow trickle or something.)

That is endemic and shared with SB, SV, and I suspect QQ too.

For that problem, the solution is go into the section "Watched Threads", open the threads in tabs, and one after the other first unsubscrive/unwatch the thread and then re-put the thread on "Watched - Send me Notifications".

That is endemic and shared with SB, SV, and I suspect QQ too.

For that problem, the solution is go into the section "Watched Threads", open the threads in tabs, and one after the other first unsubscrive/unwatch the thread and then re-put the thread on "Watched - Send me Notifications".
Did that to one thread a few weeks ago and still got nothing. Though if the problem has been fixed since then, then I'll try to do it again.... when i find the time to. Imma lazy SOB

i already tried that, it didnt fix anything

Did that to one thread a few weeks ago and still got nothing. Though if the problem has been fixed since then, then I'll try to do it again.... when i find the time to. Imma lazy SOB
i already tried that, it didnt fix anything

Strange. For me, when I stop getting update notifications of the trifeca AH/SV/SB that solution I posted works for me... of course, it hinges on the mail provider not deciding that the Forum Notifications are spam and thus independently deciding to blacklist said Forums (problem solved via passing to gmail, it has less issues).

Last edited:
Quick question: Is there any (hopefully free) mail provider that still works with QQ notifications?

I'd like to set up an account and have it resend mails coming from QQ to my regular gmail account while this issue is sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back