• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I'm not getting emails from QQ

Just had one story not send an email at an update, surrounded on either side who did.

then another story without an email afterwards : /

then I DID get an email for this thread updating.

I use gmail.

Last edited:
Gmail, updates are not sending emails to me as well.

Yeah, not receiving any again. Will have to see if it fixes itself in time, given the server move.

Adding my voice to the chorus. I haven't gotten any emails since this morning despite threads updating since then.

i'm now sometime getting email alerts

It's especially weird because I get them for this thread, for every post.

but I haven't gotten any other threads since this morning.

Last email notice for me was about 16 hours ago, nothing since then despite lots of alerts. Guess I'll be going back to "check alerts daily" mode again. (It was so nice not to have to do that for the last week...)

I'm not sure if it's fixed but on AOL I just got 8 notifications from threads I follow at the same time hours after they updated so I can only assume the mail issue is part of the whole server change deal and that it'll eventually fix itself like the rest of the temporary stuff that happened.

I started getting emails for Conversation Messages again as of just under 2 hours ago!

EDIT: Actually, just realized I got emails two hours ago, and then didn't get emails for Conversation Messages I got 50 minutes ago.

Not sure why its so off-and-on again.

Last received email was 3:02am EST today. Somewhere between 3:03am and 3:54am emails stopped working again for Gmail.

I had to use a backup code due to not getting an email code for the 2 step auth. I still have yet to receive the email about using said code as well.

[Edit]
Oh, I just got the emails now. At...
[waiting a few seconds...]
...An hour ago exactly.
[/Edit]

Last edited:
I just woke up to like a dozen QQ emails in my inbox, with some threads getting multiple ones but from different posts. So apparently there was some sort of backlog?

I have no problem and I am receiving them (helped by a two weeks long line blackout from my provider): today is the first day I have been able to gain access.

Like others, it's gone to being erratic: some mails get through, others don't.

After yesterday morning's burst of emails I got nothing for the rest of the day then got a similar bunch this morning.

Had notification for a few days and now thing are borked again.

Did the server get flagged again?

It's random for me. 2 threads I watched updated within minutes of each other but only got an alert for one.

For what it's worth, I received email alerts normally throughout yesterday and there was no "morning burst" today. So whatever issue that was causing that has been solved for me, at least for now.

I too have received an email alert for every PM I've gotten in the past two days now, so fingers crossed that it might be fixed and was just a byproduct of the server transfer!

Same on not getting emails
After the sudden fix, for a while everything was A-OK, then it got weird by some mails arriving, and others not
Now no new mails for notifications
As of this post last mail was...almost full 13 hours ago
It's understandable that things got jostled a bit during server transfer, here's to hoping it gets fixed

Slight update: I got an email alert for a PM early this morning just six hours ago. But when I responded to it and then got a message back, it didn't send me an email alert.

Really not sure why its so 50/50 and only working some of the time.

I'm getting all emails, and have been for the last few days!

edit: lol I jinxed myself, haven't gotten emails for the last two updates in my watched list!

Last edited:
Just got my first In months this afternoon

Last edited:
It's spotty for me. Some email alerts I get some I don't.

From what I can see, the last email I received from QQ was this Thursday, so at least for me the emails are busted again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back