• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I'm not getting emails from QQ

If this helps, I'm 90% sure that whatever broke did so on July 25th just after 2:45 PM eastern time. I am a prolific reader (am subscribed to so many stories I get an update every few hours when it's working, on average) and that is when my last update came in.

Also, if any mod could help with this, I just got back from a vacation and my last email was on July 25th, but the oldest update alert I have is August 3rd. Is there any way to recover that last week of update data? I'd rather like to have it so I can read my backlog since I don't have emails.

Thanks Much

Also, if any mod could help with this, I just got back from a vacation and my last email was on July 25th, but the oldest update alert I have is August 3rd. Is there any way to recover that last week of update data? I'd rather like to have it so I can read my backlog since I don't have emails.
Use https://forum.questionablequesting.com/watched/threads to see all threads that you are watching that have updates you haven't seen yet. It won't tell you about any profile posts, @-mentions, or quotes you missed, but it should let you catch up on all your threads.

It sure was a surprise to see an e-mail notification from this site after so long, but a welcome one.

I got email notifications as well, Gmail.

Finally got an email notification, hope things are fully sorted.

So, its nice that im getting emails from QQ again, but in my preferences it is currently on off, and i am still receiving them?

So, its nice that im getting emails from QQ again, but in my preferences it is currently on off, and i am still receiving them?
Yeah, I just had the same thing. I turned off my emails basically right when I first joined and now I've gotten like 4-5 emails instantly. Not even from all my watched threads but just a single one. I've gone ahead and reset my settings so I shouldn't be getting anymore but yeah, pretty weird.

Yeah... I did not receive an email alert for a Conversation Message I got at 7:04 AM this morning (approximately 2 hrs and 38 minutes ago from the time of this post)

So it seems email alerts are broken again since the server transfer, at least for some of us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back