• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I'm not getting emails from QQ

Now I'm getting more than half but not all. Maybe 60% or so?

Looked at my watched threads the old ones say email notifications are turned off. Gotta re enable it.

How do you tell that? I think I always enabled them (with maybe one or two deliberate exceptions) but I don't know of any way to check what they're actually set to.
Go to the All Watched Threads page (which can be found by going to Unread Watched Threads and then hitting the 'Show all watched threads' link at the bottom).

This page will have three columns: the first shows the thread name, creator, and date; the second shows the number of replies and views; the third shows the last post. Look at the bottom-right corner of the first column. It will either say 'Email', indicating you have email alerts set for all posts, 'OP Email', indicating you have email alerts for OP posts only set, or be blank, indicating you have no emails set.

Go to the All Watched Threads page (which can be found by going to Unread Watched Threads and then hitting the 'Show all watched threads' link at the bottom).

This page will have three columns: the first shows the thread name, creator, and date; the second shows the number of replies and views; the third shows the last post. Look at the bottom-right corner of the first column. It will either say 'Email', indicating you have email alerts set for all posts, 'OP Email', indicating you have email alerts for OP posts only set, or be blank, indicating you have no emails set.
Thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that.

I checked all 20 pages of my watched threads and just two threads were set to anything but "Email" - and one of them is locked, so maybe it had to do with that, though I've probably watched both since 2016 so maybe I was just more sloppy back then.

Oh good(?) it's not just me who's getting only some of the alert emails. Anyone have any idea to the cause of this problem? I even went through my watched list, disabled alert emails, then re enabled them. I am getting some emails, but I just checked and I didn't get an email for an update, but the previous update on the SAME THREAD was in fact received just last night.

Oh good(?) it's not just me who's getting only some of the alert emails. Anyone have any idea to the cause of this problem? I even went through my watched list, disabled alert emails, then re enabled them. I am getting some emails, but I just checked and I didn't get an email for an update, but the previous update on the SAME THREAD was in fact received just last night.
It's on QQ's side, not yours, there's nothing you can do to fix it. We'll have to wait until QQ changes hosting providers.

Need help gmail to change password or terminate account if not possible

Did get security emails on Gmail. So that's been fixed for me.

Hello!, Im not getting emails from QQ and when i get them its delayed by like 6-10+ mins. I am using Gmail i dont know if that affects things

Im currently transferring my account to another device cause my old one is broken and i forgot the password, so the 6+ mins of delay is a pretty serious issue. It would not let me change the password and log into my MAIN account because of that.

Is there like any other way to transfer accounts except using emails?

I have been looking for a way to contact mods and there does not seem to be a way to contact them without using a qq account (except for qq irc but i could not understand it lol).

I think a smurf account is against the rules and im sorry about that but this is actually pretty important

Also i accidentally made this account a few years ago lol so this isnt just some spam from a newly made account now it has a use.

Last edited:
Is there any explanation for why I only get half of the email notifications? There's always about half missing.. I would understand if none were sent, but half? Today for example I got 4 of 9. It's not even always the same threads! What's the logic?

Trying to change password to sign into new windows install and not getting recovery email.
Gmail account not working anymore? I looked and my last site email was on 12/16/23

Users who are viewing this thread

Back