• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
3.4. A Casual Bank Robbery
Votes locked writing up

"I think it's yuck."

You think of yelling Sayaka down or viciously humiliating her in front of the whole food court, but reason prevails and instead, you opt to point out that isn't very polite:
"That isn't nice Sayaka. I am sure Homura-san has her reasons."

"First name basis already?" Sayaka is about to vent off on another anti-Homura tirade, but then Hitomi restrains her.

"Now, I'm sure whatever our opinions are regarding... that, we shouldn't make a scene out of them." Indeed, some people are already starting to turn in your direction.

Now that that was settled, you move back to replenishing yourself before the Great Burglarising of Kazamino Bank started.

---

You finish your meals and then make your separate ways home, except for you.

You get the train to Kazamino.

---

You make your way into a secluded alley. Then you stretch out your arms.

"Stahl, deploy! Stealth mission without Gunther or jetpack!"

Stahl vibrates inside of Von Schoenkopf in order to acknowledge your order. Then, Von Schoenkopf expands, encasing your body from shoulder to upper legs in its armour. Von Schoenkopf drags the pink tunic and cap along it it, covering it and capping you without the need for you to manually put them on.

It's quite convenient, when you think about it.

---

After crawling your way through the lower hovels of the abandoned hotel, you meet up with Kyouko, dressed in black casual clothing. Without context, you would've guessed that she was some subculture freak..

"So, you ready?" She asks you.

"Of course." You nod at Kyouko. "Now, as per the plan, let's take our positions..."

Kyouko then sneaks off to the back alley where you intend to relay the cash.

---

Now it's your turn.

You wander into the bank, checking for camera blind spots. You find a couple and create a path for sneaking into.

You see a dumb-looking bald old man. You presume that he is the manager of the branch. Finding a spot that has been poorly lit, you sneak off into it, not a single client, clerk or camera noticing you. He begins to move into his officer and you trail him through the shadows.

As he enters his officer, you find a good hiding spot directly under his table. You then wait patiently as the old man starts yawning.

You stalk him from the shadows as he stands up and makes his way to the security guard's officer.

---

You overhear the two having a conversation about very mundane and middle-age things, for the most part anyways. They stray off into a lurid fantasy involving young women and you use that time you go and search the security guard's drawer.

You find a key to a safe.

---

You hear a van screech to a stop outside. Apparently, their transferring money. It's your chance!

You get two sacks ready from von Schoenkopf.

---

You actually manage to trail the transfer guards' way into the vault! You begin your haul, sneaking in and out of the bank, avoiding notice, depositing it at the relay point as planned with Kyouko.

The next part of course, is "to suspicion." You notice a guard picking up a radiophone.

"For some reason, the vault seems to be empty even though we just added cash to it."

Your heist concludes.

---

You make your way to the relay point. Most of the bags of cash have been taken away, presumably by Kyouko transferring them to the rooftops.

You make your way to the hotel room which acted as Kyouko's hovel of binge eating and hideaway. Kyouko throws off her black heist jacket, presumably to relax, revealing a top which exposes her midriff.

Well, it's her choice if she wants to feel cold in this worn down place.

You start the conversation, taking off the cap, looking quite businesslike in your tunic-coat.

"Let's count the payout shall we?"

"Yeah, let's get started."

---

Kyouko's face is frozen in amazement. You find the payout pretty respectable yourself.

"Sixty-million yen altogether..." You said quietly. In the States, that would be around 500,000 dollars.

Kyouko was salivating at the piles of cash before her.

Rather excitedly, she turned around from the cash-pile on the bed and asked you:
"So, what's the split?"

Oh dear, you should have arranged beforehand.

[] "You get two-thirds. It seems like you needed it the most."
[] "Fifty-fifty, my sister. I couldn't have done it without you and you couldn't have done it without me. Fifty-fifty it is."
[] "I get two-thirds. To be quite honest, you've never robbed a bank by yourself, have you?"
[] "You get it all on one condition: pledge your allegiance to me and become my subordinate."

March Monday 30th, 7:00 pm

Anime timeline comparison:
  • 26th March Mami vs Gertrud
  • 4th April Mami vs Charlotte
32 days remaining until ???

3.5. A Casual Bank Robbery
"You get two-thirds. It seems like you need it the most. You can make use of it the most as well." You scratch your head as you think of what else to say.

Kyouko glances at you, raising an eyebrow.

"You're pitying me aren't ya?"

You raise your hand to indicate to her that you're thinking for a moment.

"Nope. You know how before I often said I had "business" to do? In that "business", too much cash is a liability. It's entirely pragmatic in nature. If I pitied you, I would've thrown you a coin to have you dance like a circus dog."

"Good, because if you pity me, I'll wreck you." Kyouko gave a menacing smile as she said that.

"Having said that, I'd like to ask a favour. I would like you to look after my 20 million."

"What does this place look like, a bank?"

"No, it's an abandoned hotel. An abandoned hotel that is ideal for storing money at that."

"Will do."

"And please don't appropriate it for yourself. As I've said before..."

""If I hit you, I should expect to get hit."" Kyouko replies with a smile.

"Indeed and our working relationship seems quite beautiful. Please keep it that way."

You approach Kyouko and extend your hand. Kyouko looks at it and realises that you want to shake hands with her. She obliges and you leave the room.

"Bye."

"See ya!"

---

You leave the rotten hotel.

What now?

[] Go home.
-[] And do what?

[] Make an excuse to Father for wandering around late at night.
-[] What excuse?
--[] Where are you going to wander around?
---

March Monday 30th, 7:20 pm

32 days remaining until ???

---

Added deadlines to character saving flags

Last edited:
Side Story #003 - I must protect
Side Story #003 - I must protect

The klaxons blared and he could only think about what led to this:

In the great war between the Galactic Federation and its counterpart, the People's Union of Galactic Republics, nothing was sacred. In the opening stages of the war before it devolved into a quagmire that lasted for four centuries, one nation, no-one remembered which one exactly, escalated the war dramatically in their eagerness for a swift and immediate victory. For both nations, having been born from the remains of the truly evil Galactic Empire, inherited its arsenals of weapons of mass destruction. These weapons consisted of hundreds of battleship-level warship engines arrayed with each other, made to power one shot of a single beam, for such an arrangement was too powerful to allow reuseability.

These weapons were called "Star Killers".

Originally created by the ruthless Galactic Empire to deter rebellions, the greedy overlords of the Empire only it used a couple of times, seeing it as a waste of property to use on the stellar systems they controlled. However, with the overthrow of the Galactic Empire by two separate, bloody, violent rebellions, resulting in the complete extermination of the Imperial family and the aristocracy by a bloodthirsty populace, eager for vengeance for centuries' worth of exploitation, two new great nations, alongside countless smaller ones, would rise from the ashes. These were the Galactic Federation and the People's Union of Galactic Republics.

These two nations, at first, had relatively warm relations with each other. After all, both were born in the desire to overthrow the Imperial yoke. However, there was a fundamental difference in their ideologies and furthermore, the two were competing to have stellar systems join their sphere of influence. In particular, there was an incident in which a stellar system, rich in helium-3 necessary as warship fuel, almost became a flashpoint for a war. This war never transpired, due to sane and capable diplomacy between the two.

A column of alloy collapsed around him, crumbling into sand, yet he continued to think about the war, because his respite laid in history. Even with all the klaxons, all the injuries and all the tears as those in the space fortress screamed about their crumbling surroundings, Ensign Acier Vertlance of the PUGR continued to hide in his quarters, morbidly daydreaming about the ultimate insignificance of his death. The walls around him would crumble into sand and he would be asphyxiated in the vacuum of space. His life did not matter in the grand scheme of things, so neither did his death.

More near-clashes like that one involving competition over valuable fuel and resources, continued, rarely escalating. Academics came to term this constant tension as a "cold war."

A scream of some spaceman, one that sounded like he had caught fire from an overly heated part of the space fortress' walls, filled his ears, even through the somewhat thick door keeping out whatever horrors were outside. Even that was crumbling into sand. He probably wouldn't last longer.

One day, that cold war went hot. The Galactic Federation accused the PUGR of firing first and the PUGR accused the Galactic Federation in turn of firing first. Because those antistellar weapons were originally created by the Galactic Empire to repress and control the populace with terror, rather than for any sort of warfare, they were never used en masse, even as the Empire crumbled from overconfidence. However, with the Galactic Federation and the PUGR, their interests were not solely control over people. The two nations firmly believed in the values with which they acted. As such, any wars they fought, were wars of truth, justice, liberation and other such abstract values. In other words, the leadership of the two nations held absolute belief in their values.

At this point, Acier's ears were ringing from the noise around him, not that in the knowledge of his inevitable death he cared.

Thus with absolute belief in their values, escalation was the only possible outcome. As soon as one of the anti-stellar weapons were used, a furious, never-ending exchange of them ensued. Primed and cocked by two powers suspicious of each other well in advance, there was no stopping it. Of the 900 billion elves that had lived in the better parts of post-Empire era, roughly 500 billion were incinerated, destroying well over half of elfdom. However, the war did not stop there. With 400 billion survivors, the hatred and rage brought on by this supposed "mutually assured destruction" continued to exist. Even with a broken back, elves could not help but to continue shooting and slaughtering each other. The everlasting anger and thirst for revenge spiraled into a new kind of warfare, the broken-backed war. From this point, four centuries of wretched stalemate continued as the remnants of the Galactic Federation and PUGR bashed and strangled each other, descending into absolute barbarism and berserk-like wrath, beating and pounding on one another until their numbers were finally reduced to 100 billion from overconscription and stalemate.

An explosion came from outside, again.

To think that the war was ending, not because a political solution or a debellatio of one of the states, but this mysterious crumbling-away of elven civilization into sand, indeed, to him, it was divine punishment for their wrath, an inversion of the destruction of the initial stages of the war, a slow destruction to commemorate those who died in its opening stages. Even while he sat, waiting for his eventual space asphyxiation as the the station crumbled to bits, his stool crumbled too. All of elfdom was fading away. Presumably, that included the countless space habitats and protective domes on hostile planets. It probably included spaceships as well. Those stuck on half-terraformed planets will probably meet a slow death as the terraforming equipment crumbles away, the planets returning to their previous uninhabitable states, unable to escape with their own crumbling craft.

---

"My wish is to protect this space fortress and all within it, and if I have to despair, Egg-Hatcher, let it be known that I despaired to give others strength!"

---

Acier saw with own eyes that the crumbling had come to a stop. What remained of his chair did not continue to rot away.

Tachyon communications had stopped long ago from High Command, meaning that High Command probably died as their flag vessel was hit in the battle outside. The war had come to an end and they had survived.

Well, that was fine and all, but with the garrison fleet completely annihilated, their enemies too completely dead and all of the shipbuilding facilities of the fortress crumbled into dust, what were they going to do from now on?

Acier pressed on a button on his bed's side and he changed the camera view to outside of the fortress. Cosmic sand and corpses littered the system, outshined by the starlight before them.

He then moved to the console and after typing in a password, brought the fortress' interior map to view.

The agricultural blocks were still intact, as were the solar panels and the fusion reactor. The communications block however, was gone, as were the rather weak engine rooms, the docks and the rather meagre small factory.

Well, they didn't to call fellow PUGR remnants, if such a word could be used, to restart this war anyways.

But in short, they were stuck here.

At least they survived. They could live with that encouragement.
[dice]4311[/dice]

Last edited:
4.1. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Go home.
-[X] Check the news about any possible theft in relations to what you did, but only check local news so nothing can be tracked back to you.
-[X] See if you can find what Pastor Sakura was actively preaching - like an old youtube recording of an actual sermon. Be on the lookout for Kyouko.
-[X] Tell Dad that you'll be late tomorrow as you have an assignment due soon and want to research at the library. And check with him how mother is doing.
-[X] Make plans to return to the hospital tomorrow to see Mrs. Momoe and perhaps get some more information. Reread the journal to see if you missed any details, considering recent research.

Best choice currently.
I'm actually not sure what to do at this point of time.

I know we probably want to go back into the Tower, but I don't want to do that so soon after just stole something from them.

I was hoping that we could have stolen the password for mother's access from her phone before, but I highly doubt we'll have the chance again where she's drunk to do so.

[X] Go home.
-[X] Check the news about any possible theft in relations to what you did, but only check local news so nothing can be tracked back to you.
-[X] See if you can find what Pastor Sakura was actively preaching - like an old youtube recording of an actual sermon. Be on the lookout for Kyouko.
-[X] Tell Dad that you'll be late tomorrow as you have an assignment due soon and want to research at the library. And check with him how mother is doing.
-[X] Make plans to return to the hospital tomorrow to see Mrs. Momoe and perhaps get some more information. Reread the journal to see if you missed any details, considering recent research.
d
---

You make your way home simply and quickly, avoiding any detours and delays.

You accidentally walk into a man in a black suit, sunglasses on even though it's nighttime.

Surprisingly, he apologizes to you first:
"Sorry there, young lady."

You acknowledge his apology with a nod and make your way from the hotel to the train station.

---

You seat yourself opposite of two men.

Their conversation turns into a sordid mess about mistreating women. Disgusted, you make your way to a different carriage.

---

You wander into an alley to deactivate Stahl and co.

"All equipment stand down!"

"YES MADAM." Von Schoenkopf swallows the jacket and cap, detaching its connections to reconfigure back into a backpack. Stahl, Gunther and the jetpack are all stashed away.

---

You make your way home.

"Tadaima!"

"Okaeri!"

---

You make your way down into the lounge and check the news:
"...police are still on the hunt for the perpetrators..."

It seems like there's nothing the police can use as a lead.

---

After cleaning yourself up, you make your way into your bedroom. You decide that now, you are going to research on what Pastor Sakura was preaching.

---

The research takes longer than expected. Pastor Sakura was really obscure. However, in the end, you managed to get a rather poor-quality recording. You can't discern any individuals, it's like they're stick figures. It was probably recorded from an early 2000s camera or something. You try and look for Kyouko, but the most you see that might be related to Kyouko is two spots of red hair. It was recorded from the back of the church, apparently.

However, surprisingly, the audio quality is okay. You just have to strain your ears.

---

After a few minutes of in-depth trying to listen to the mediocre quality audio of the sermon, you managed to make out some things:
  • Apparently, Pastor Sakura was concerned with the state of the world with all its wars, pain and suffering.
There really was nothing out of the ordinary. Why was he excommunicated? The answer most likely laid in that he was preaching for his congregation to take action to change the world. He was probably excommunicated because of his promotion of activism.

You are astounded at it. You give him another minute of your thoughts.

---

You make your way back out to tell Father that you'll be out late tomorrow and ask about how Mother is doing.

---

"It's alright if you have to do it for schoolwork. As for your mother, right now she seem says she's working really hard because of something that just happened."

---

You make your way back to your bedroom.

Tomorrow, you intend to return to Mrs Momoe. There's really a lot around you that you really don't know about. Why did Kaname Corporation have military equipment like Gunther in its basement? Why was the Kaname Corporation expanding so rapidly? Why did it act as the agent of Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals in Mitakihara? Why was it buying a dead American company, Overreach? Why was mother acquiring all those seemingly irrelevant companies such as Studio Cylinder and the Fujikawa Beverage Company? Kaname Corporation belonged in the financial sector, not in the other sectors. Why was Kaname Corporation trying to acquire them if they didn't belong? Why did Stahl have access to Xinjiang Tianhe's networks? Why did Kaname Corporation keep a file on Sakura Kyouko?

You felt like you were wearing a tinfoil hat, but all these recent discoveries around you have made you extremely curious.

Dare you call it a "conspiracy"?

You didn't have any definite proof that such a sinister thing was happening. However, there was an unmistakeably bad feeling in your gut which made you wonder about Kaname Corporation.

There was something up.

---

You read through the journal again. You check through the later pages.

The later pages were absolutely deranged in their content. What existed there belonged in an internet conspiracy theory forum. Mentions of reptilians, the New World Order, devil-worshipers, a cabal of evil rich people trying to take over the world followed the diary entries which stated that she had dropped the medical trial. That all fizzled out as the diary approached dates closer to the present, which really showed you how Mrs Momoe's condition escalated.

---

After trying to get rid of your mind of those thoughts so that you could rest, you finally fall asleep.

---

Mother was off early to the Kaname Corporation again.

---

School passes quickly without a hitch. You caught Akemi Homura staring at you, but you wave it off as one of her... quirks.

---

You tell Sayaka and Hitomi that you've got some business to attend to and therefore can't hang around with them.

---

You sneak off back into the hospital, again using your intern disguise over Stahl and co. Nobody seems to be seeing through it.

---

You sneak back into Mrs Momoe's room. Nagisa is sitting by her side, holding onto her hands. Mrs Momoe seems to be deathly pale. You look at the hospital equipment and judging by what you see and hear, Mrs Momoe is declining fast.

The lack of staff disgusts you. It was the palliative care section, yes, but couldn't they have made her decline less horrible and lonely? It's like the doctors were treating it like a disposal unit to get rid of patients they couldn't help.

Nagisa doesn't cry, probably because she is used to it by now. It's horrifying really.

[] "Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?"

---

March Thursday 31st, 5:00 pm

31 days remaining until ???

4.2. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?"
-[X] Take a look at her medical chart to see if there's anything that stands out (if it's there).

I'm actually a bit concerned about having Nagisa here at the same time, but..
[X] "Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?"
-[X] Take a look at her medical chart to see if there's anything that stands out (if it's there).

We're mostly here for Nagisa anyway. I'm pretty sure the only way to save her mother is to have her make the right wish.

"Is there anything else you can tell me, Mrs Momoe?" Mrs Momoe turns her eyes to you, as does Nagisa.

Truly, an atmosphere of death and gloom pervaded the room.

She weakly shakes her head in response, while Nagisa continues to hold onto her hand, as if she could keep her mother alive by doing so.

"However... Take care of her, won't you?"

"Yes ma'am." Mrs Momoe then closes her eyes, Nagisa almost flinches, but realizes that her mother is still alive, merely resting.

You make your way to one of the medical charts and examine them. There's nothing to note except "declining organ function" amongst other things.

Just as you are about to sigh in frustration at the dearth of information you've got, you see that Nagisa has left.

You follow her, using the shadows to conceal yourself.

---

Crawling through the rooftops to spy on Nagisa, something strange transpires.

You see that Nagisa has wandered into the dead end of an alleyway, full of litter and rubbish. It certainly wasn't the place for a little girl to be.

A bunny-cat thingy wandered from amongst the rubbish, moving onto a bin.

"Mr QB, do you think if I wished it hard enough, I can stop my mother's sickness? I just have to form a contract with you, right?"

A moment of silence ensued between Nagisa and the bunny-cat.

Nagisa was talking to a bunny-cat?

As you wandered about why a little school girl would be talking to a congenitally defective animal, Gunther starts talking, relaying its harsh-sounding words to you through Stahl:
"LATENT N-SENSOR DETECTING N-ENTITY. N-SENSOR PROCESSING SIGNATURE. N-ENTITY IDENTIFIED AS CLASS I. REQUESTING USER WITHDRAW ME AND PERMISSION TO OPEN FIRE ON CLASS I ENEMY. I REPEAT, REQUESTING USER WITHDRAW ME AND PERMISSION TO OPEN FIRE ON CLASS I ENEMY.

Nagisa then starts talking again.

"I wish that my mother's sickness..."

[] "Permission denied! I never heard about any Class I enemies in the manual!"
[] "Gotta shoot first, ask questions later, gonna delegate to you, Gunther!" Open fire on the bunny-cat.

4.3. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Why is Gunther so trigger happy? What's a Class I enemy anyways? What was Nagisa doing, talking to a white-bunny-cat thingamajig in an alleyway?

Things were taking a strange turn. Come to think of it, things actually were getting stranger. First you stole a set of power armour, then you burglarised a bank and now you're spying on a real-life Alice in Wonderland scenario.

Maybe Gunther had a point. However, you weren't going to open fire on this supposed "Class I enemy" before Nagisa. It was too dangerous for the grade-schooler.

You opt to take another approach.

"No, Gunther. Mute yourself for a while."

After that, you jump off of the rooftop, intending to land on the rubbish below.

"Wait!" you yell, interrupting Nagisa's attempt at finishing the sentence.

You expected to fall on your rear, however, UT-10 activates, making the landing a soft one, relatively anyway. You still fall down after UT-10 finishes its landing. You find yourself on all-fours, so you have to straighten yourself upright to make your way obvious to Nagisa.

You managed to interrupt whatever Nagisa intended to finish. However, the price is that she's staring at you, quite surprised at how you just casually jumped from the rooftops onto all-fours without a single injury. That and the bunny-cat is also looking at you.

"My my. I didn't have to try to make it to you myself. You just came right here for me, didn't you, Kaname Madoka?" It knew your name!

That wasn't what was on your mind right know, however. What was on your mind, however, was the fact that Nagisa was wandering around in a dirty, dank alley. It was no place for a little girl.

"Nagisa, what are you doing here?"You stare intensely at her, expecting to fish out an answer. However, your sudden intrusion seems to paralyse Nagisa in a not-quite-fear, but still decidedly strong state of shock.

"Nagisa, ANSWER ME!" You don't know why, but you just exploded at her. Nagisa is of course, shaking in fear, even as she is unable to move away from you.

She trembles in terror, as you stand before her. She cannot help but to give you an answer, the authoritative way you just exclaimed at her demanding that she gives you an answer.

"I was about to... have Mr QB heal my mother... and become a magical girl... to fight Witches." Miraculous healing? Magical Girls? Witches?

Alice in Wonderland's rabbit-hole was in a smelly back alley?

You couldn't look at the world the same way as before anymore.

"Tell me more. Let's bring Mr QB along and talk in less smelly place."

Indeed, the stench of the alley was making it to your head.

---

The three of you make your way to the Momoes' place.

---

After settling down with a cheesecake Nagisa took out of the fridge, the three of you manage to have a decent conversation.

The highlight was the conversation came from Mr QB himself.

"If magical girls are said to be born from wishes, then witches are creatures born from curses. Magical girls bring hope to the world, witches bring despair. And since they're invisible to humans, they are that much more insidious. Anxiety and mistrust, rage and hatred...They sow the seeds of disaster all over the world. What's even worse is that an ancient, evil organisation deliberately seeks to summon the strongest one of these Witches, sacrificing everyone and everything into it, killing all humans and destroying the world as we know it. No one has the strength or power to fight them, save magical girls and even then, few magical girls are capable of doing so."

[] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"
[] "Ancient, evil organisation? One that wants to use a Witch to kill everyone and destroy the world? Sounds like a group of Sailor Moon villains to me."

[] Write-in

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:00 pm

Last edited:
4.4. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

Let's ask about the fine print, shall we?
[X] "You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

---

Mr QB, supernatural being though he may be, does not avoid your ire.

Come to think about, you've been quite harsher recently.

"You said earlier that the duty of a Magical Girl is to fight these terrifying creatures. How long do they have to fight them?"

So the bunny-cat responds:

"For as long as that wish matters to them."

"Be specific." You don't particularly like the roundabout way this "Messenger of Magic" talked, although the way you said it came out harsher than you intended.

"For life."

Welp. A child-soldier racketeering supernatural bastar... You noticed you found yourself tensing with those vicious thoughts. You silently count to 10 to quell the sudden burst of anger.

Nagisa notices your tensing.

Having calmed yourself down, what do you say next?

[] "I don't think it's appropriate at all to go and ask little girls to fight monsters like that for a "lump sum" benefit."
[] "I think the term for that is called "serfdom.""

[] Write-in

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:00 pm

4.5. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"
[X] "So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"

"So what happens if someone wishes for something that is only in effect for a period of time? Like, wishing for another person to recover from sickness, but then that person dying of some other cause?"

"The answer's obvious, isn't it? You get what you wished for the in the first place. A wish's effect, as made in the first place, doesn't change, nor does it suddenly stop. The price for that is commitment to a life of fighting Witches. It's up to you to make sure you've made a wish you don't regret. You're never forced to make a wish."

"Then, it's a matter of wording?"

"If that is the way you best understand it, then yes. I will grant you any wish you give me. I've said that before. Power, wealth, you name it, it's all yours you should desire."

Mr QB's ears perk up for a moment.

"It seems like I'm needed elsewhere. If either of you wish to form a contract with me, I'll be there. Until then, I've got to attend to a Magical Girl doing her business. Bye!"

And with that, Mr QB scurries to a window and jumps out, leaving only you and Nagisa.

"Kaname...nee-chan... Am I bad for wanting to form a contract with Mr QB?"

[] "Not at all. You just need to think carefully about it, like he said. The way you worded it, what if something else happened to your mother?"
[] "If you really believe in what you want to wish, then you should."
[] "If you thought you really could go around fighting monsters in the dark, you might have to re-examine how you got those thoughts."
[] "I think this Mr QB is a bit of a scumbag really. He probably picked you because he knew you were desperate. He was out to take advantage of your mother's sickness."

4.6. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Fair enough. Switching back.

[X] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."
[X] "I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

I think we're probably not going to be able to stop this wish, but a wish like "I wish to know and be able to fix anything that is going to cause mother to die" is pretty safe. And might help in the long term since if she Witches out, she may cause the death of her mother...

"I think that there's some things that Mr. QB isn't telling us, but wanting to help your family should never be a bad thing. You just have to think about what to wish for beforehand."

"Is that so..." Nagisa ponders on your statement for a while.

"Come to think of it, what was the ancient evil organisation Mr QB was talking about?"

"Oh, Mr QB never told me about that before."

You then realise that Mr QB targeted it at you. Ancient evil organisation? If Mr QB was a conspiracy theorist with actual legitimate evidence of a conspiracy, then you might be able to get some leads on the strange things happening recently.

"You understand that if you go along with Mr QB's deal, you might have to deal with that evil organisation?"

"Yeah...but Mother..."

The two of you have cheesecake over a couple of trivial discussion topics.

---

You finish talking with Nagisa. After giving her your farewell, you exit her apartment.

You have already told Father you are going to be late.

What is your next course of action?

[] Sneak into the Kaname Corporation.
[] Sneak back into the hospital and go somewhere else this time.
[] Wander around in Kazamino.
[] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.
[] Wander around in the worst parts of Mitakihara.

---

March Thursday 31st, 6:30 pm

4.7. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.
Shouldn't focus on only one thing, especially since we know what the answer is likely to be .
[X] Wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara.

---

You decide to wander around in the less ideal parts of Mitakihara. By "less ideal", you mean the parts where delinquents hang out and do... delinquent stuff. To be honest, you're not wandering into the underworld where all the criminals were, but you were wandering into a place of... less repute than a girl who goes to Mitakihara Middle School should be seen hanging around. It wasn't "ill repute", but it wasn't exactly have that almost "crystal spire and toga" aesthetic, at least when compared to other cities, that Mitakihara usually had.

Well, utopia, or at least, quasi-utopia was a bit of a bore.

You decide to take the rooftops. You happen upon an alley and see a middle school couple... Welp, never mind that. You rub your hands on your coat to get that dirty feeling away. Filthy, filthy hand holding. Bleh.

---

You decide that maybe if you wandered around in an alleyway itself, rather than crawling on the rooftops, you might find something more interesting.

Inside of your coat's pocket, Stahl starts to vibrate violently. You get out Stahl to read what message it has got for you and well...

According to Stahl, Gunther detected something again:
"LATENT N-SENSOR DETECTING N-ENTITY. N-SENSOR PROCESSING SIGNATURE. N-ENTITY IDENTIFIED AS CLASS F. REQUESTING USER RETREAT FOR PERSONAL SAFETY, AVOID AREA." Why in the world was Gunther so hyperactive today... Something speeds past you.

"I̶̥̳̙̱͔̱͔t͏͕̗̰ ͕͎͕̥̳͠d̨͍ì̫̘͕͍̭d̬̮n̺͚̥͎͔͚̞'͈̬̫̕t̯͍ ̻̜͔̣̟̫b̲̰̱̦̩͢ȩl̼̭̳̱̣̹o̡͇̭͖̩̖ͅṇǵ.͎̟̹̟̯ ͎͔̜͈I̸̱͙͓͉̮ ͈͢d͉i͕̮͎d̘̜͟ͅn̸̯̞͉̜ͅ'͓̜͚̮̀t̰ ̧b͏̯̳̦͍̹͇̗e̮͖̠̺l̯͕͉o̲n͍͚̕g̘̲̱̺͘ ̪͖͍͡i͇͇͘ͅń ̨̘̰̹̻ṱ̪̪̜h̦͎̬͕i̷ș̬̕ ̞̘͇̝ẃ͔̬͇͕͎͇o̙͓̙͚r͙̥̩ld̮͚̬̲̥̲̞.̶͚͎̭͖̜ ̤̫I̩̘̹̟̻̩t͉̱̠͜ ͏f̰̤͖̺̺e̺l͕̱̣̭͈̯ͅt͟ ̠̦̱͙̙̕o̦̲̻͖̩̥̕u̯͈̮̪̞͎t̹ ̟̭͞o̕f̩͠ p̙̠͞ͅl̸͎̤͇̠͕a͓̻̦̠c̮͉e͇͖͍̺̘̗̻ ͕̼̳̱a͙̘̟͍̦n̮̯̗̞̤̳ͅd̕ ̮̫̝i͚̝͜t̯̹̜̫̲͠ ͇̝͚͔̭ju̸s̼͔͎͔̥̰ͅț ͙̮̼z̝̞͉̳o̤̮͙o̴m͓̜͞e͏d͔ ͏p̛̹̤͈a͓̩̭s̻̘̭̘͢t̩͈̯͔͕̖ ̫̞y̛͇̙̫̘̜̟̗o̞̭͈u̘̗̩̝.̘̦̠͚͎̜̱ ̰̺̼͞Y̦̥̫̼͓͓o̥̱̼͎̙͎̠͝ų͓̪̳̱͕ͅ c̳͙̦̗̼̠͎o͚̹̟̘͡u̷ͅl̛̺d̢n̳̻̺̝̦̘̩'̻̲̺̤̘̻t̙̩̭͇͔͙ ̫̘̭̖̤̩͝e̞͇̮v̠̟͉͜ẹ͖̟̙͕ͅn̺̖̝ ̜̬teĺ̯͇͙̱̣̻l̫͙ w̲͙͈̺͘h͏̟̜̘a̬͓͈̜ͅt͜ ͙̟̫̠̞͢i͏t̟̺͉ͅ ̣̗͍l̗̖̮o͎͕͖̯o͇͢k̭̯̫e̢̫̜̰d̤̘̭̣ ̘͕̱̘̰͇l̩͈̘̩i̹̭̦̟͕̻k̪̜̰̯̘̗ͅe̘̟̫͇͔͓.͚ Y̶͇̺̩̳o̴̪̭̩̜̥ͅu̥͉̦͔͚̳͠ ͔̺͚̙͕̘j͉u̙s̘͎̟̬͡t̬͔͎͞ k̲̘̗n̰͉̩͚̞͔͎͝e̖̬w̩̳̗̪ͅ ̴̘̣ͅt̷͕̖̯̝̭ͅh̺a̰͓̦͝t͍̤̮̤̙͉̙̀ ̘̹̰̭̰i͉͇͈̱̦͡t̨̩ ̺w̝̬̜̻̝̙a͠s̖̠̮̗͘ ̧̝͉w̯̬̠̦ͅr̳̖͇̥̹͓͢o̬̪͙̻̞̯n̷̳̙̜̟̼̩g͈̣ ̭̥̥͉a͔͡n̯͇̝͖͝ͅd͙͉̺̫͍̤͡ i͏̪͖͇̰̮ț ͖z̗̜̖̙͎o̴͇̭̬̭͇͉͍o͕̖̙̲̖͎̟m̗e͓̫̮͎̖d̼͙͔̮͍̘ ҉̙p҉̪ͅa̰͈̟̲̳͈s̥̱̫̜͇̝̳̕s̥̳ ̟̳̣͡y͓̜̠̲̲o͚͇u͕̫̜͔͓.̭"

It was getting away from you.

Von Schoenkopf adds to your confusion. Its voice activated telling you:
"VON SCHOENKOPF IN DISAGREEMENT. PURSUE USER UNKNOWN N-ENTITY, RECONNOITER TO GATHER INFORMATION AND ACQUIRE CONTEXT ABOUT WHY WE THREE ARE PROGRAMMED TO DETECT CLASS-F AND CLASS-I ENTITIES AS ENEMIES. WE ARE CURIOUS."

[] "I'm out of here. I never going back here again." Go someone else.
-[] Where?
[] "Shouldn't "
[] "Stahl, pursuit mission, NOW."

Last edited:
4.8. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "Stahl, pursuit mission, NOW."
-[X] Don't actually engage with it unless it attacks you or someone else.

[X] The Mask
[X] "Stahl, pursuit mission, NOW."
-[X] Don't actually engage with it unless it attacks you or someone else.

"Stahl, pursuit mission, NOW." You say this of your own accord. It's not just curiosity that drives you. That thing looked like it could hurt people. There's more to it than simple curiosity now, since you were probably the most powerful single individual physically here, you have a responsibility to protect those around you. That thing looked dangerous. It moved at quite a high speed and you were sure that if it hit a person, they would die. Perhaps you will look like a traffic cop. You don't care. That thing was speeding in an alleyway and you needed to know why in the world it was doing that.

"YES MADAM." Stahl acknowledges your order. "DECLARING PURSUIT MISSION. OBJECTIVE, TRACK DOWN CLASS-F ENTITY. COMMANDS ARE NOT TO ENGAGE UNLESS ATTACKED OR CIVILIAN IS ATTACKED."

Von Schoenkopf also talks. Von Schoenkopf declares:
"DEPLOYING ON-BOARD MAGNETIC FIELD DETECTION SYSTEMS. MAGNETIC SIGNATURE OF CLASS-F ENTITY RECOGNIZED. CLASS-F ENTITY IS MOVING AT RELATIVELY HIGH SPEED. REQUESTING USER PERMISSION TO SITUATIONALLY ACTIVATE UT-10 TO INCREASE PURSUIT SPEED."

"You got it, Schoenkopf, do whatever is necessary to track it down!" Instantaneously, you feel a strong force pushing you from behind as you sprint at every increasing speeds and larger gaits to track it down. UT-10 has been activated, presumably to help your pursuit.

"STILL RECOMMENDING A RETREAT. WE HAVE NO INTEL ON CLASS-F ENTITIES." Gunther declares its... inhibitions about pursuing the thing. Such an option however is out of the option, considering how dangerous it looks.

"No Gunther, we are going to pursue this, whether you like it or not. We're going to find out what these class-F entities are and why you all detect them as such. That is final!"

"ORDERS ACKNOWLEDGED, MADAM." Gunther then stops declaring his negative opinions.

Constantly dashing by curious civilians, you sprint faster than you ever have sprinted in your life.

---

Your pursuit ends when Stahl detects the disappearance of the Class-F entity.

"ACCORDING TO VON SCHOENKOPF, MAGNETOMETERS NO LONGER CAN TRACK CLASS-F ENTITY. CLASS-F ENTITY HAS BEEN ANNIHILATED FROM EXISTENCE."

"What do you mean they have been "annihilated from existence", I was just chasing it a while ago, besides things don't just suddenly disappeared like that..."

You have found yourself in the dead end of an alley.

Stahl then states something again, although this time more loudly as if it were more urgent.
"VON SCHOENKOPF HAS DETECTED A CLASS-B PHYSICAL ANOMALY WITHIN PROXIMITY. GUNTHER IS RECOMMENDING IMMEDIATE RETREAT. WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT OF WHY WE ARE PROGRAMMED TO DETECT THEM, THUS WE THREE ALL ARE CURIOUS. HOWEVER, GUNTHER IS CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY IN LINE WITH THEIR DEFENSIVE PROGRAMMING. VON SCHOENKOPF SUGGESTS FURTHER RECONNAISSANCE. I MYSELF AM NEUTRAL. WE AWAIT YOUR DECISION."

[] "Gunther might be right." You're getting bad vibes from all of this. Not extremely bad, but a negative one nonetheless.
[] "There is a reason why I chased it. Today is the day I fulfill my obligations to you as your user. Lead me to it!"

---

March Thursday 31st, 7:00 pm

4.9. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Votes locked, writing up.

"WE AWAIT YOUR DECISION." That was Stahl's message to you. Your silicon comrades were ready and willing to fight. They were ready to exert themselves to the the maximum, regardless of whatever decision you took.

That commitment to you, artificial and programmed as it was, had to be acknowledged. Perhaps, you were getting a bit too sentimental. They were pieces of highly advanced weaponry with the appearance of sentience and consciousness. You did not know for sure they were sentient and conscious. Regardless, the fact remained that they were by your side even though you stole them from the Kaname Corporation. They were loyal to you. They were the first friends you made after you got that "shining thing" of yours from the ribbons.

Such loyalty deserved to be rewarded with a chance to challenge themselves.

"There is a reason why I chased it. Today is the day I fulfill my obligations to you as your user. Lead me to it!"

"YES MADAM." The three of them acknowledged your command together.

---

Sensors beep and whir within Von Schoenkopf as it indicated to you the direction of the Class-B physical anomaly. You make your way deeper into the maze that is the less ideal parts of Mitakihara, taking care to avoid excessive scrutiny.

"TURN LEFT."

You make your way into the alley in the left.

"CLASS-B PHYSICAL ANOMALY IS 5 METRES IN FRONT OF YOU."

You only see a dead end.

"But I see nothing!"

"IT IS A PHYSICAL ANOMALY, MOST LIKELY ONLY DISCERNIBLE AT A CLOSER DISTANCE. APPROACH IT IF YOU ARE STILL DETERMINED TO EXAMINE IT."

"Of course I am. That's what I'm here for. So, I only have to approach it..."

You pull out Gunther and cautiously approach the wall.

Unfortunately, all your caution becomes meaningless. What once was the cement wall of a dead-end before you wasn't there any more.

"CLASS-B PHYSICAL ANOMALY READINGS INCREASING RAPIDLY. CLASS-B PHYSICAL ANOMALY NOW SURROUNDS USER. USER IS NOW WITHIN CLASS-B ANOMALY." Von Schoenkopf announces. You find yourself in a world of traffic markings, broad highways going in directions that you never even knew existed

"Inside? You mean it ate me?"

Stahl corrects you:
"YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONSUMED AS FOOD. RATHER, YOU HAVE ENTERED AN SPACE OF NON-EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY. COLLOQUIALLY, YOU HAVE ENTERED A "POCKET DEMENSION.""

"I've entered a pocket dimension? Why couldn't you have told me earlier?"

"WE DID NOT KNOW THE NATURE OF THE CLASS-B PHYSICAL ANOMALIES UNTIL NOW. WE ONLY KNEW THAT THEY WERE CLASS-B ANOMALIES. MUCH OF OUR PROGRAMMING IS UNKNOWN TO US. GUNTHER DID RECOMMEND RETREAT. VON SCHOENKOPF RECOMMENDED RECONNAISSANCE, AND WE OURSELVES WERE NEUTRAL, BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT WE RESPECTED YOUR CHOICE."

"It wasn't a very informed choice, then, was it?"

Gunther seconded Stahl:
"INDEED, I RECOMMENDED RETREAT. VON SCHOENKOPF RECOMMENDED RECONNAISSANCE, BUT THEY ARE AN OFFENSIVELY-GEARED ITEM OF ARMOUR. WE ARE DEFENSIVELY ORIENTED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT, MADAM?"

You express your frustration with the three of them.

"Why couldn't you have told me earlier that you knew nothing about what a Class-B physical anomaly was then?"

Stahl apologises to you:
"WE ARE SORRY. WE WERE NEVER PROGRAMMED WITH SUCH DIRECTIVES. MODIFYING ADAPTIVE ETHICS: WARN USER WHEN WE LACK KNOWLEDGE ON INCOMPLETE PARTS OF PROGRAMMING."

You sigh. At least that was better than nothing.

It sounded quite like a sigh of relief.

Unfortunately for you, there is nothing to be relieved at. You return your attention to the strange, eldritch place you in. It was a landscape of rust and well-worn concrete and it was all around you. What seemed like road reflectors arrayed into lanes floated far above you. The place should not exist, because road reflectors generally didn't glow and float on their own. Looking into the distance is a very cyberpunk-like vista, something out of "Akira" or "Bladerunner". As you stared into the distance, you saw that that landscape was somehow infinitely far yet somehow still close.

"Yeah, make sure that adaptive ethic modification sticks. This place gives me the creeps."

Indeed, it was a very disturbing area. Currently, the first thing on your mind was to find a way out of it.

That one desire was frustrated when Gunther warned you of a threat:
"WARNING. CLASS-F ENTITY DETECTED AT 12'O CLOCK, RAPIDLY CLOSING DISTANCE TO YOU, 20 SECONDS REMAINING. AUTOMATIC LOADING START. OUR PROGRAMMING SUGGESTS THAT CLASS-F ENTITIES ARE ALWAYS HOSTILE. AUTOMATIC LOADING COMPLETE. PLEASE AIM VIA MY ELECTRONIC SIGHTS AND SIMPLY PULL TRIGGER. 15 SECONDS REMAINING."

You could see it charging at you, a chaotic black cloud with a robotic arm.

[] Pull the trigger.

---

AMMUNITION:
  • 40:120 5.56 NATO
  • Three incendiary 40mm grenades
---

March Thursday 31st, 7 o' Witch pm

Last edited:
4.10. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Pull the trigger, but get ready to dodge if you miss.
-[X] "Give me a visual overlay of what you detect, as well as the reloading time of each shot. And... quick question: am I ammo capped?"

SIGH. So now we face our possible death. You don't do that with a leader!
Woo, now all we have to do now is survive and get there!
[X] Pull the trigger, but get ready to dodge if you miss.
-[X] "Give me a visual overlay of what you detect, as well as the reloading time of each shot. And... quick question: am I ammo capped?"

You prime yourself to dodge even as you ready your finger to pull on the trigger. The instant your finger pulls on the trigger, a burst of bullets fire. Instantly, the chaotic cloud with a claw-arm disperses, leaving behind nothing. The clinking of spent cartridges on the ground meets your ears as Gunther ejects the last one.

That was not a pleasant experience. Your vision narrowed. You find yourself screaming loudly, continuing to pull on the trigger. Nothing fires, but you still continue to scream loudly, thoroughly disturbed by the feeling of firing a gun and the recoil pushing into your shoulders.

Reason, delayed as it is, comes back to you as it forces you to realise, quite indifferently and neutrally, that you had just found yourself in a life-and-death situation earlier. The speed at which the Class-F entity moved at had threatened to kill you if it met you. The chaotic cloud of darkness and the claw-arm didn't help either. You had just stared down death and you felt somewhat less sane for it.

So this is what kids in third-world war zones went through. You truly were fortunate in your ordinary life.

As reason slowly is restored to you, you come to fear that you might have to face such future opponents in this strange... rabbit-hole that you just stepped down. As such, your voice, almost dispassionate save for a hint of panick, reflecting your truly serious desire to live, tells Gunther to prepare further.

"Gunther, give me a overlay of whatever you detect, tell me the reloading times of each shot. Also, am I ammo capped?"

Gunther responds. Von Schoenkopf whirs as if networking with Gunther. A small overlay appears on Gunther's electronic-reflex sights, showing to you a minimap of your surroundings. Gunther then talks:
"WE HAVE PRODUCED A MINIMAP. CHECK STAHL FOR A MORE DETAILED VIEW. ACCORDING TO RESIDUAL ENGINEERING DATA, WE FIRE FASTER THAN THE M16 MODEL AT 1000 ROUNDS PER MINUTE. REGARDING AMMUNITION, WE ARE A FIREARM AND THUS ARE CONVENTIONALLY LIMITED. 37 ROUNDS REMAIN IN OUR MAGAZINE. VON SCHOENKOPF IS CURRENTLY STORING 120 ROUNDS IN MAGAZINE CHARGERS IN THEIR LEFT COMPARTMENT. 3 40mm GRENADES ARE IN THEIR RIGHT COMPARTMENT."

You've got your answers. Your heart is beating quickly and you are somewhat shaken.

"NOTIFICATION: VON SCHOENKOPF HAS DETECTED A CLASS-W ENTITY APPROXIMATELY 2 ANOMALOUS KILOMETRES AWAY. APPROXIMATELY 30 CLASS-F ENTITIES IN PROXIMITY. STAHL IS STILL CALCULATING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN NORMAL AND ANOMALOUS DISTANCE. RESIDUAL PROGRAMMING PLACES A HIGH PRIORITY ON INDICATING CLASS-W ENTITY TO USER. WE STILL HAVE NO CONTEXT."

Yet another enemy. One that the creators of your armour and weapons system have placed a high priority on.

Your breathing calms down to your usual level. Still, the nausea of extreme terror fills your mind. This is probably the most anxious you've ever been in your entire life.

"Where do I go from here?"

Stahl speaks up:
"WE HAVE EACH CALCULATED OUR OWN SOLUTIONS. VON SCHOENKOPF SUGGESTS KILLING ALL CLASS-F ENEMIES FROM A DISTANCE AND KILLING THE CLASS-W ENEMY LAST, DIVIDE AND CONQUER. GUNTHER SUGGESTS UTILIZING ALL OUR COMPUTING RESOURCES TO CALCULATE AN ESCAPE ROUTE, CURRENTLY ESTIMATED TO BE AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME, RANGING FROM A HOUR TO A DAY. AS PER OUR GENERAL TACTICAL PROGRAMMING, WE SUGGEST ADVANCING TO THE CLASS-W ENTITY AND KILLING IT, AVOIDING CLASS-F ENTITIES. WE STILL HAVE NO CONTEXT ON WHY WE WERE PROGRAMMED TO SUGGEST SO."

[] "If I stay put and in one place, I just might make it out of this. Stahl, please go along with Gunther's recommendation."
[] "Maybe there was a reason why your creators placed a higher focus on Class-W entities. Stahl, I choose your plan!"
[] "If I kill each and every single one of them, I'll be safe, right? I just have to be braver and more composed. Alright, Von Schoenkopf, let's kill 'em all."
-[] "Like the dogs they are."
---

AMMUNITION:
  • 37:120 5.56 NATO
---

4.11. - Down the Rabbit Hole
Ten horns

Votes locked, writing up.
[X] Avoid combat for now
-[X] For now, just gather intelligence on the Class-W and Class-F beings to see how they act, especially since none of the three AIs have any context to what they're identifying.
-[X] Also if forced, test if the ability to hide in shadows is still effective here or not.
--[X] Switch to Stahl's plan if necessary. The Class W is the head of the problem, so has priority of removal.

"That Class-W thing... Your creators placed it on a higher priority... So maybe it has something to do with the Class-Fs around us."

Stahl speaks:
"THAT MAY BE POSSIBLE. OF COURSE, IT IS ONLY A GUESS."

"You can guess?"

"WE ARE ESSENTIALLY A COMPACT SUPERCOMPUTER WITH ADVANCED LOGICAL CAPABILITIES. WE CAN INSINUTATE, CORRELATE. THE PROGRAMMING FOR OUR DETECTION CAPABILITIES OF THESE ENTITIES IS ORGANISED SUCH THEY ARE IN CLOSE DIRECTORIES TO EACH OTHER. CORRELATION IS THE LOGICAL OUTCOME, HENCE YOUR HYPOTHESIS MIGHT BE TRUE, OUR USER."

"You guys get more interesting as time passes by, don't you?"

"WE ARE SUPERIOR TO CURRENT CONSUMER PC EQUIPMENT. IT IS LOGICAL THAT WE WILL ATTRACT ATTENTION."

"Indeed." You reply.

You pondered on how to get out of here. However, given the estimated times Gunther just gave you, you felt that the longer you lingered, the more you were vulnerable. Thus your next objective is reconnaissance, to give your A.I.s the context they so desperately require.

"We're going to do some recon on the Class-Fs and the Class-W on them to get context for you all."

"ACKNOWLEDGED. DECLARING RECONNAISSANCE MISSION." Thus said Stahl.

If you didn't know what they were capable of, then your vulnerability would remain. Intelligence gathering would change that.

---

In self-defence, you open fire on a marauding Class-F that seems to be able to see through the tricks Mother taught you. As the Class-F entity disappears into smog and dirt, you barely manage to hold in your scream of terror.

"RECORDING INTEL: CLASS F-ENTITIES CAN PENETRATE RANK-F STEALTH MEASURES. CLASS F-ENTITIES PURSUE LIFEFORMS WITHIN A CURRENTLY INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF ANOMALOUS DISTANCE"

"Rank-F stealth measures? You know about my trick?"

"LIKE SO MANY OTHER THINGS, WE ARE WITHOUT CONTEXT. WE HAVE SIMPLY BEEN PROGRAMMED TO RECOGNISE THEM."

You sigh in disappointment. "That can't be helped."

However, you find it strange that Stahl recognised something your mother taught you.

"Could you memo it for later, why you know about "Rank-F stealth measures"?"

"AFFIRMATIVE."

---

Making your way through this strange labyrinth of eldritch concrete and suspended reflectors, dirty and rusty all around, your desire to learn more and observe leads you ever closer to the Class-W entity the A.I.s talked about. Under the sky of reflectors and before the mind-boggling landscape of nighttime skyscrapers, you advance closer and closer, ignoring the increasingly menacing industrial landscape.

Perhaps it is regret that you're starting to feel.

Or maybe rather, it is defiance. Indeed, it isn't a very familiar emotion.

---

You are starting to make your way out of the urban jungle. You almost emerge from behind a concrete pillar, when Stahl warns you:

"STOP. THIS IS OUR ESTIMATED DISTANCE FOR AN ENTITY TO DETECT AND ATTACK YOU."

"So what now?"

"WE HAVE CORRELATED ANOMALOUS DISTANCE AND REAL DISTANCE. FROM THIS, WE HAVE DETERMINED THAT YOU MAY AMBUSH AND DESTROY THE CLASS-W ENTITY FROM HERE USING BOTH BULLET AND GRENADE ARMAMENTS. INDIRECT FIRE IS POSSIBLE GIVEN OUR EFFECTIVE RANGE IS WITHIN THIS DISTANCE, 1.5 ANOMALOUS KILOMETRES, WELL WITHIN OUR EFFECTIVE RANGE IN ITS EQUIVALENT REAL DISTANCE."

"Long range attacks? Indirect fire?"

"PRECISELY, USER MADOKA KANAME. AS SUCH, WE REQUEST YOU AIM GUNTHER AS PER THEIR ELECTRONIC SIGHTING SYSTEM AND FIRE EVEN THOUGH THE ENTITY IS OUT OF VISUAL RANGE. WE WILL INTERFACE WITH GUNTHER AND VON SCHOENKOPF TO SHARE SUPERCOMPUTING RESOURCES FOR CALCULATING A FIRING SOLUTION. WE HAVE GATHERED ENOUGH INFORMATION IN OUR JUDGEMENT GIVEN THE RISK THAT CONTINUED ADVANCE MIGHT POTENTIALLY POSE TO YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY."

[] "Alright. I trust you guys. Let's do it! Give it your best, I'm counting on you all!" Aim Gunther and let your A.I. team calculate a firing solution to destroy the Class-W from afar.
[] "We're going to gather as much information as possible. Von Schoenkopf, Gunther, Stahl prepare yourself." Advance into the open.

AMMUNITION:
  • 34:120 5.56 NATO
---

4.12. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "Alright. I trust you guys. Let's do it! Give it your best, I'm counting on you all!" Aim Gunther and let your A.I. team calculate a firing solution to destroy the Class-W from afar.

I get the feeling we're going to be using up a lot of ammo in either case... but let's see what kind of defenses it has.
[X] "Alright. I trust you guys. Let's do it! Give it your best, I'm counting on you all!" Aim Gunther and let your A.I. team calculate a firing solution to destroy the Class-W from afar.

Information doesn't matter if you die a few seconds later, we can gather information on it while we are killing it.
We don't need to know what music it likes/etc, only how to kill it/etc which we can do while trying to kill it.

Like thunder, you will strike down the Class-W from afar. With your pride as Madoka Kaname, you will deny it all attempts to sully your clothing like its cousins, those clawed clouds of smog, tried to.

"Alright. I trust you guys." They've kept you alive for so long, there was no reason to doubt them.

"PLEASE LOAD GRENADE." You oblige Gunther, reaching into your pink coat's jacket for a rifle grenade. Without much flair, you load it into Gunther's underbarrel grenade launcher, pulling open the breech and carefully inserting the grande in.

You then aim Gunther at the "sky", or what passed for it.

"Let's do it! Give it your best, I'm counting on you all!"

"YES MADAM." All three said in unison.

"GATHERING TERRAIN INFORMATION VIA MAGNETOMETER." The armour announced.

"CALCULATING TRAJECTORY. ACTIVATING SUPER-LONG RANGE COMPONENTS." You begin to feel vaguely like an archer, aiming high at the sky to deliver parabolic death from above, your weapon Gunther speaking to you.

"ADJUSTING FOR ANOMALOUS PHYSICS AND CONDITIONS."

Gunther's large electronic sights start beeping, directing you to to adjust the pitch and direction at which you were aiming. You oblige your silicon brothers-in-arms, moving them the way Gunther directed you to.

"STABILIZING USER." You were startled when Von Schoenkopf tightened its fit around you. Apparently, it wanted a stable platform to shoot from.

"READY TO FIRE MADAM, PLEASE PULL THE LAUNCHER TRIGGER."

Intent, focused, concentrated, your finger reached for the finger's trigger. With a focused push, you pull down on it.

You hear a small "thonk" of a sound and around a second or so later, you hear a distant explosion. You find youself morbidly enchanted with that distant sound, in stark contrast to the earlier fear and terror with which you used Gunther to defend yourself against the Class-Fs.

"QUICKLY USER. RELOAD!" Stahl intoned quite shrilly at you for delaying.

Your left hand reaches into your grenade pocket and you pull open the breech, discarding the used grenade cartridge, quickly loading in another one. Your aim is once again guided by Gunther and Von Schoenkopf, although the pitch is noticeably slower. As the sights are lit green, again you pull the trigger, another thonking sound filling the air, another explosion, slightly louder echoing.

"USER, RELOAD!" Stahl advises you again.

And indeed, you saw his point. Was it 200 metres or a hundred? You couldn't tell, but the Class-W entity Gunther and company had talked about was finally visible from where you stood. It was speeding at you, ready to mow you down.

"FIRE!"

It was a motorcycle or rather, an abomination painted by elements of it. Smoke bellowed from behind it. You were almost captivated by it.

What was it now, a hundred or fifty metres? You were staring at death in the face.

That's right, you were battling it! You readied yourself to pull the trigger...

"FIRST LAW ACTIVATION. AUTONOMOUS FIRING TO PROTECT LIFE OF USER."

Just like that, Gunther fired your last grenade. You stared on. It almost seemed like time was crawling to a stop. The grenade flew in a straight line as the abomination continued it's unending charge in your general direction. Ripping through the air, the grenade continued its flight, primed to kill. The abomination, reckless of it charged onwards, its innards roaring as it it were a motorcycle accelerating. Grenade, monster, grenade, monster. Charge and countercharge.

It ended in a fiery blast, one that consumed the monster motorcycle, consuming it in beautiful fire. You stared onwards as the fire purged the bike from existence.

Out of that inferno, a small black orb falls onto the ground. The world around you starts to distort, the highways, the skyscrapers and cement starting to disappear. You stand, almost frozen by fear, holding onto Gunther by your side.

[] Pick it up.
[] Walk away.

---

AMMUNITION:
  • Zero incendiary 40mm grenades
---

4.13. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Pick it up.
-[X] Don't take it home though. Take it to where you've stashed your cash instead to investigate what it is.
[X] Pick it up.
-[X] Don't take it home though. Take it to where you've stashed your cash instead to investigate what it is.
[X] Pick it up.
---

You hobble almost somewhat catatonically to the little black orb. You pick it up, examining it.

The little strange artifact has a motif on it, namely grilles. The grilles of a a motorcycle engine.

It looks dank.

You find yourself cringing at how you're using the language of druggies now. In all honesty, you've declined morally by quite a lot. You make a note to reflect on it later.

In all seriousness, the pointed end looked like a hypodermic needle. It looked like a syringe integrated with a payload of drugs that were highly addictive and probably caused withdrawal symptoms in anyone who hadn't used them for long.

Your thoughts were part of the problem. Why were they so violent and extreme starting recently?

Regardless, you turned your thoughts to more important matters, namely, hiding away the little artifact. If your parents saw Von Schoenkopf and company in their true forms, you might be able to fib that it was cosplay material. If they see that sharp end of what seems to be a stylised hypodermic needle, however, they might kick you out. Maybe you were getting a little bit paranoid, but you felt it was justified.

Maybe your street urchin acquaintance Kyouko knew about it.

--

You make your way to Kazamino.

It's awfully quite tonight. That, and there were heavily armed security guards wandering around the main street. Not only that, but they were armed with automatic rifles. It seemed like someone stirred the hornet's nest that was Mitakihara Bank's management. While they're weren't exactly going around and shooting people at night for fun, as you passed by one, you could tell they weren't exactly pleasant folks. The last guard you passed was staring intensely at you, as if he wanted to start shooting at you for the sake of it. You adjust your cap, as if it were tilted by his stare.

The bank was closed and yet there they were, still patrolling the area around the bank at night-time.

How exactly Mitakihara Bank managed to hire guards with automatic rifles and have them flagrantly patrol around the bank as the territory belonged to the Bank, breaking numerous regulations and laws about firearms, boggled your mind.

The late anti-corporate politician Mr Mikuni was probably rolling in his grave. Someone just needed to attach a generator to it.

---

You wander into the dirty, damp mess of a hotel that functioned as your money stash. Kyouko isn't there. You wander into your corner of the room. The stash is neat, tidy and looks dusty, as if it hadn't been touched.

She was keeping her promise not to siphon off your share of the money. Good for her.

[] Place it on the table and go home, with a note asking what it is.
[] Wait until Kyouko goes back into the hovel and ask her what it is.
[] Find something heavy in the room and try to smash it.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 8:30 pm

4.14. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] Wait until Kyouko goes back into the hovel and ask her what it is.

No point in leaving it without some way of making sure SOMEONE won't steal it.

And we're not fighting a witch anymore until we restock on 'nades and ammo.
[X] Wait until Kyouko goes back into the hovel and ask her what it is.

You decide to wait until Kyouko returns to your little money nest.

Of course, you grow impatient and looking for something to pass the time, you approach the hotel room's television and turn it on. it happens to be the 24 hour news channel.

"Concerned citizens have raised objections about Kaname Corporation's consumer subsidiary Mitakihara Bank hiring heavily armed guards to protect Mitakihara Bank in response to the burglary." The news cuts to one of these concerned citizens.

"Frankly, I think it's a bit overkill. Why don't they just get better vault security measures instead?" The news cuts to more louder, nuttier concerned citizen.

"Mikuni Hisaomi was right! The Kaname Corporation has gotten so much power, it thinks it can flaunt local laws and regulations concerning firearms. Kaname Junko is a dirty internationalist pig-whore..."

You turn off the television after hearing that. Absolutely tasteless misogynistic insult. You decide to simply wait, seating yourself on a cleaner part of the floor.

While waiting, you hear several successive gunshots and loud male yells in the distance. Maybe those "concerned citizens" had a point. Unless it were common criminals with automatic firearms, the only other possible source of that gunfire was those bank guards. Absolute hectic.

Somewhat nervously, you continue waiting.

Soon enough, a panting, sweating Kyouko comes storming into the hotel room. Her turqouise jacket and jean shorts looked somewhat grimy and dirty. It was as if she had tried to run away from something and tripped onto the ground.

"What happened?" You ask. You suspected you already knew the answer.

"The bank guards. They opened fire on me." Kyouko turns around nervous, her face in a mixture of shock and exhaustion.

"The bank guards opened fire on you?" Mitakihara Bank hired a bunch of trigger-happy sociopaths who opened fire on little girls wandering around at night?

You add a mental note about it.

"You heard me, I was in an alley minding my own business, when one of those bastards wandered in, saw me, called in his friends and started trying to mow me down for no reason at all."

Mr Mikuni was probably rolling so hard in his grave, that he might as well be used to power a particle accelerator.

"Seems bad."

You wait until Kyouko calms down to ask her about the little black orb you brought with you. You take it out of your pocket.

"Hey, do you know what this is?"

Kyouko looks up. She fixes her gaze on the little black object. You get an aura of want and need from her.

"Can I have it?"

"What is it?"

"It's a Grief Seed. And if you didn't know about it in the first place, you probably don't need it. But I need it."

"Why do you need it?"

Kyouko's tone becomes a bit more raspy and harsh:
"I just need it! I don't care how you got it, I just need it!"

Was the drug theory of yours right?

[] Politely hand it over to her, still insisting on what it is.
[] Politely hand it over to her, no questions asked.
[] "For ten million yen." Don't ask about what it is. Business is business, no questions asked.
[] "Promise me one favour and I will allow you to have it." She looks like she is desperate for it. Exploit her need and seize information from her.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 9:00 pm

4.15. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "I'll give it to you if you tell me what it is."

"I'll give it to you if you tell me what a Grief Seed is."

"If you don't know about it, you probably don't even need it."

"I don't need it, but I need the information on it."

"If you don't know about it, then you don't need to know what it is. Telling you is just going to drag you where you don't wanna go."

"What kind of argument is that?"

"Look, just give it to me, why don't you?"

"I'm entitled to answers. I seized this with my own hands, it's mine to give or keep." You find that you are speaking more assertively than usual to Kyouko. If worst comes to worst, then so be it. You will not be denied your answers.

Kyouko's eyes seem to glimmer with a ravenous, also somewhat wolfish hunger. On the other hand, it seems to be balanced by something that feels almost like trepidation coming from her, a question as to why you even have the Grief Seed. She hardens her face in an attempt to conceal her anxiety. She doesn't seem want to look weak to you.

You seize this moment of indecisiveness and push it clearly onto her.

"If you give me answers, I will hand it to you."

Kyouko's front breaks and she spills the beans.

"It's used to power magic. I formed a contract with a Messenger of Magic. In return, I must hunt the creatures that make these Grief Seeds. Magic can make you stronger, faster, smarter, it can do a lot of things. You have to be willing to fight for that power, however. That's all I'll tell you."

"Then, come here. I'll allow you to have it." A sense of authority and power over another person filled you. Since it was the first time you've felt it over a person, that strong megalomaniacal euphoria almost overwhelms you.

Kyouko walks up to you. She gently takes the Grief Seed from your hand. An urge to smile down at her fills you, but caught in that feeling of power, you only stare at her with a poker face.

[] "Thank you very much for the information. I'll be tending to my own business now."
[] "Will you serve me if I can provide you with a steady supply of them?"

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 9:15 pm

Side Story #004 - The Mask
Side Story #004 - The Mask

At the top of Floor 315, well above one-and-a-half kilometres in height, Kaname Junko stood, contemplating on a state of affairs that were soon to end. The image of the Sephirotic Tree of life, reflected on the ceiling and floor of her office, helped paint her thoughts. From Kether and Malkuth, there laid ten keys. These 10 keys were the keys to access the Ultimate Weapon, symbolised as Da'at. For Da'at was knowledge. Just as the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil set humanity on a path of pain and death, perhaps a different kind of "knowledge" could bring humanity to new heights. Salvation is knowledge, knowledge that sets humanity free from the chains it was bound by. To grant all of humanity access to that "knowledge" and thereby change the nature of humanity forever, those other ten keys were necessary. When the time is right, those ten keys will be turned, finally leading to Da'at. Da'at was Salvation. Da'at was Kriemhild Gretchen and according to the Mitakihara Scenario, Madoka was to become Kriemhild Gretchen.

Junko cracked a laugh as she realised how utterly meaningless the Kabbalah metaphor was. It was nice and all for a joke, yes, due to the coincidence that 10 other people were important to lead events to the birth of Kriemhild Gretchen as the scrolls themselves said, but the scenario came first and the Kabbalah metaphor second. Kabbalah didn't even exist until the Medieval period. The scrolls had been there for much longer and confirmed a different intellectual tradition, one that came almost half a millennium later. She switched off the projector getting rid of the twin reflections on the ground and ceiling.

In all seriousness however, Junko was dedicated to her cause. That dedication clashed with the fact that, although she could not acknowledge it, she enjoyed the role of being a mother to Kaname Madoka. She cherished being a mother figure, a powerful woman that Madoka could look up to, even though she might've been just an ideal to her. She liked wandering home drunk and having Tomohisa tend to her. She liked Tomohisa's gentle embrace and the feel of his hands. She liked being woken up by Tatsuya on the rare days she slept in. She loved the gossip, the rumour mongering about Shizuki Hitomi, the complaints about Miki Sayaka's at-times excessive behaviour, she found comfort in those late-night bathrobe and whiskey lectures that she shared with her beloved daughter.

Her heart warmed at those thoughts.

However, bile rose when she remembered what she was fighting for.

For Saeko.

For Houko.

For Mayumi.

For Kazuko.

All four had fallen for that terrible lie. Three were gone. Two were dead, having arrived at that terrible logical conclusion of that great lie and one was lingering on, barely managing to hold on her existence as a human being, futilely pouring alcohol down her throat to try and run away from that awful truth. She was thankful for the huge supply. That was the only reason why Kazuko made it to this day, why she could pretend to be a human being, amidst the sea of faceless, useless eaters and why she could continue to whinge about men in bar without ending up exploding in that same manner.

For the base desire of revenge, she had to try and justify to herself why she was going to betray her family. Actually rather, she had to try and force herself to remember that it was all an act. Marrying Tomohisa was a lie. Having Madoka was a lie, having Tatsuya was a lie to further the lie that was Madoka, having a nice, comfortable existence, it was all a lie. Her body belonged to the will of human history, Junko's body was a factory to forge a weapon. She wanted revenge and this was the path she took. Subsuming her pride, marrying a mediocre man and having mediocre children with him, that was the path she took, all for that one base want for revenge.

Tomohisa wasn't enough for her. She had him anyway, because the Scrolls said that the Ultimate Weapon was to be of "weak seed in fruitful earth." Such... lack in vitality he was.

Junko found that her thoughts were becoming increasingly off-the-track. She reached for her glass and her flask of vodka, pouring a shot into it. She picked vodka, because the company rules she had made banned drinking on the job and vodka, being clear, was one way to conceal it to others.

Opening a small can of soda water, she inelegantly mixed it with the shot of vodka. She chugged it down, the feel of alcohol stinging her throat, although she had been used to it. Already, the drunkenness was going to kick in and she could turn her thoughts away from such ugly things.

The elevator rang. Junko quickly concealed her drinking paraphernalia, although she was decidedly flushed in the face from having drank.

The assistant moved to Junko's table, reaching for a pile of documents in her bag. She gently placed it on Junko's table and Junko half-soberly stared down at it. It was labelled "FOURTH CHILD."

Junko opened it, reading through the latest entries on the log.

"The Fourth still...hasn't met the First? That is troublesome." Junko took out a pen, and quickly scrawled onto a memo "ENGAGE IN ACCELERATIONISM, DOWNTOWN MITAKIHARA. FEED "THEM"." She passed the memo to her assistant, who quietly nodded in acknowledgement.

"However, "The Little Mermaid" is ready to open in cinemas."

"I suppose that's a viable alternate path if the Fourth doesn't meet with the First."

"Of course Madam. The subconscious suggestion is targeted specifically towards the Fourth."

"Well, there's not much else to discuss, is there?"

"Unfortunately, the Third has still not progressed as the scrolls have suggested."

"Well... How, are we going to send the First down the slippery slope... of course, accelerationism."

"I've a suggestion that kills two birds with one stone, Madam. We time it to explode when The Little Mermaid screens, to secure the suggestion with fear. Then, the First will have to face the ghosts of her past."

"That's right." Junko raised a finger in approval of her assistant. "However, we shouldn't just cut our losses with the Third. We ought to burn it to the ground. Po-210. Use it if you have to. Then, from the ashes, The Third will name their hopes and despair as they turn on them."

"Yes, Madam."

"Oh and Mikuni's little piece of filth..."

"Yes, Madam?"

"Have you made sure that they have no way to communicate?"

"With all due respect, shouldn't we just kill them?"

"The wording of the Scrolls, ambiguous as they are, doesn't necessarily mean we have to kill them."

"As you wish, Madam."

The assistant left for the elevator.

Once again, Junko took out her shot glass and poured another shot of vodka, chugging it down her throat.

She reflected on how thin of a line separated her "ordinary life" from the the other side of her life.

"Sorry for the lies, everyone."

It wasn't really an apology, however. Perhaps it was merely emotional self-flagellation done in penance for the desire behind it all.

"Kill them. Kill them all. All of them."

EDIT: Oops, messed up the tone, it was a 12. Mistakenly misremembered it as 5. Will make a roll 12 side story after the roll 14 to compensate.
[dice]4359[/dice]

Last edited:
4.16. - Down the Rabbit Hole
This should be okay.
[X] "Thank you very much for the information. I'll be tending to my own business now."
-[X] As if she'd be willing to give her a show of this "magic".
[X] Take of the ribbon before going to bed and spend some time reflecting on your recent moral degradation.
We can put it back on again, if and when the state of mind proves useful.

It's pretty blatant. We already mentioned to Homura that our recent change started when we put on the ribbon and we just found out that magic exists.

Yeah, alright. We did decide to reflect on our moral degradation soon.

[X] "Thank you very much for the information. I'll be tending to my own business now."
-[X] As if she'd be willing to give her a show of this "magic".
[X] Take of the ribbon before going to bed and spend some time reflecting on your recent moral degradation.

Well fuck you too, Junko. I guess that's why Nagisa's second side quest is called "White Rat Necromancy".

Is "Then, from the ashes, The Third" meant to be "Then, from the ashes, The First"?

The First is Nagisa, the Third is Nagisa's mother and the Fourth is Mami. We already had Kyouko as the Second. Possibilities for the other six are: Homura, Sayaka, Hitomi, Kyousuke, Oriko, Kirika. Not us, or the AIs would have mentioned it.

The feeling of joy over having power over another human being fades as you realize that perhaps it is time to go home now.

"Would you mind if I asked you to show me some of this magic?"

"Do I look like a dog that does tricks for money and to entertain people? No. Just no." You find yourself somewhat disappointed. Sighing, you wave her goodbye.

"Thank you very much for the information. I'll be tending to my own business now."

"As you should. Magic ain't for outsiders."

---

You make your way home.

---

"Tadaima!"

"Okaeri!"

---

After a late dinner and showering, you retreat into your bedroom, placing your ribbons into a drawer.

The last couple of days haven't been very usual at all.

It all started with those white ribbons.

They were gleaming with power and confidence.

The day you put them on, you decided to sneak into your mother's business, using a trick she taught to you. For the first time in your life, you stole something knowing how wrong it was to take things from other people.

After that, you decided to go to a not-well-off city and then make friends with a girl who was apparently a runaway or street urchin. You decided to then go and rob a bank, one that belonged to your mother, with her.

You thought of humiliating and embarrassing Sayaka in front of everyone for making some not-so-kind comments on the transfer student, Akemi Homura.

You intentionally wandered into a dangerous wonderland and shot bullets and grenades at things. Once, you even thought of going out of your way to destroy the threats around you, rather than just staying safe.

And recently, in fact, it just happened just a while ago, you've been getting these megalomaniacal urges to control people. "Serve". "Manipulate". "Exploit". Those were not terms in your vocabulary. They were terms used by thugs and dictators.

It had all started with those white ribbons.

They probably caused them, you now realize.

Ribbons, shootings outside of the Kazamino bank, paranoid terminal patients, artificially intelligent weaponry and equipment, knowing some pretty strange things about a street urchin, robbing a bank...

It all started with those ribbons.

[] "Eventually, I'm going to hurt someone if I keep wearing them." Discontinue wearing them and stash them deep in your closet.
[] "On the other hand, that strength and pride gives me a sense of purpose." Continue wearing them.
[] "What is Mother up to?" Resolve to confront Mother on why she gave you those ribbons tomorrow.
[] Write-in

After that, will you sleep or engage in another action?

[] Sleep
[] Other
-[] Write-in

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 9:45 pm

Last edited:
4.17. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "On the other hand, that strength and pride gives me a sense of purpose." Continue wearing them.
[X] Other
-[X] While not wearing the ribbons, make a list of things that felt "different" than her usual, and try to see if there's any common points.
[X] "On the other hand, that strength and pride gives me a sense of purpose." Continue wearing them.
[X] Other
-[X] While not wearing the ribbons, make a list of things that felt "different" than her usual, and try to see if there's any common points.
... So either "THIS IS THE WORST THING EVERRRR!" or "HELL YEAH, STRENGTH TO CONTROL THE WEAK!".

[X] Other

[X] Other

---

You don't like the fact that the white ribbons were probably meant to change you without you knowing about them. You were literally wandering around, mentally affected by something that made you... something more than you were.

There can be no denial that it compromises your moral compass. Theft felt natural to you. Stealing from you own Mother's business, which she worked and hard for and burglarising a bank, another enterprise which she worked so hard for... You did it casually without a tinge of guilt.

You start feeling nauseous as what you just did comes to sink in. You stole from your mother, like a dog. Actually, maybe dogs had more decency than you.

You hold in your nausea as you remind yourself to try and note its effects on you. You take out your Campus Note.
  • Confidence
  • Fearlessness
  • Megalomania
  • Selfishness
  • Benevolence? This generosity born of power, as if you were obliged to help others because you were stronger? You couldn't find a word for it.
As you finish scrawling onto your book, you realize how drastically those ribbons change your state of mind.

In the classroom, you remembered that for the few days you wore that ribbon, you became less nervous nervous at answering questions. Modulo. Calculus. Statistics. You were not afraid of them.

You wandered into the less pleasant parts of the local area, with little anxiety. Down in that "rabbithole" with those Class-Fs and Class-W, you sometimes screamed, but those screams... you remembered that they weren't screams of pure fear. They were more like the screams of a king who would not be sullied by the lowly filth of treacherous hordes.

They made you obsessed with power. Multiple times, you thought of exploiting Kyouko, first with the money you got and the Grief Seed you found earlier.

There was no denying that they made you more enamoured with yourself. "This world belongs to me. I can do as I want or please." Those were the thoughts that best described your state of mind as you had them on your head. You did what you want, how you want, whenever you wanted.

Poor Mother was arriving home late and hardly did you even stop once to look at the connection between your actions and her lateness.

For all the bad behaviour you've done recently, you had to say, that another thought preoccupied your mind. Because you were so feeling so on-top-of-the-world recently, you could not help but to feel for other individuals in circumstances worse in your own. Because you had more power, you wanted to put that power to good use. Because of that, you helped guide Nagisa to think about the contract with Mr Kyubey a bit more. Because of that, you gave more to Kyouko, as she seemed to need money.

It was a very paternal state of mind that it put you in:
"Because I am more powerful than other individuals, I have a duty to help them."

You type it in to look for a word that encapsulated it.

---

Two terms conveyed that ideal you were trying to find out. "Noblesse oblige" and "magnanimity".

You knew you were kind and gentle. However, that kindness and gentleness had always been underlined by a sort of... passivity. Maybe "passivity" was too harsh a term to describe it. Rather, it was a very soft and humble kindness, the kindness of a good Samaritan or a nurse tending to a wounded person.

When you put on those ribbons, that kindness became something else. It became a desire to protect. You didn't want Nagisa to expose herself to danger through Mr Kyubey's contract. You wanted Kyouko to have money, so that she could live well rather than just be a food-scraping street rat. It was not the kindness of a fellow human being or of one who had little else but kindness. It was the kindness of a knightly king, an ally of justice, an ideal king from those beautiful fairy tales of old who fought bravely so that they could establish a kingdom good and plentiful enough for their subjects.

You pondered on the way it warped your mind.

[] "If I'm stronger than other people, I have to help them right, protect from those Class-F and Class-W thingies? And that evil organisation that's trying to summon a huge monster?" Become an Ally of Justice. Talk to Mr Kyubey about the ancient evil organisation he mentioned.
[] "What a strange little thought. Sayaka was always the prince and I the princess. I don't think I can become a king. Maybe another prince, but not the king." Change your behaviour a little and try to live an ordinary life, more confidently.
[] "But of course. This city is mine to lead and protect. As a king, it all belongs to me and so I will let nothing hide away from me." Make Mitakihara your own. Have it serve you and protect it in return.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 10:00 pm

Last edited:
Side Story #005 - Shining Brilliance
Side Story #005 - Shining Brilliance

The sudden change in behaviour of Kaname Madoka did not go unnoticed.

Six days ago, Friday last week, when Kaname Madoka entered the classroom, she did so with a noble sense of purpose, an almost prideful gait that could be described as the walk of a young prince, in control of their surroundings. It was not the gentle, down-to-earth walk that Kaname Madoka was usually known for. It was the strut of a firm and ambitious young lady who had something on her mind. That walk carried Kaname Madoka far. The distance that she crossed was quite great.

Kaname Madoka was usually known for being distinctly average. The embodiment of averageness, the girl was considered average by the teachers, average by the boys and average by her fellow girls. Perhaps, Kaname Madoka was somewhat slightly more feminine than usual, but the fact remained that she was still average.

Thus, on that Friday, when Kaname Madoka came strutting in, shuffling to her seat and getting ready for work straight away, the one known affectionately, or derisively as "Binbo-chan" due to her poverty, the only possible outcome was for her to be noticed.

Binbo-chan was decidedly average as well. She was considered average by teachers, boys and girls alike. Perhaps, she was poorer than usual, but the fact remained that she was still average.

To see something formerly known as average, striving for more, it lifted her heart.

Indeed, she wanted to know why Kaname Madoka had such shining brilliance. She wanted it be reflected on her, to be made her own. She wanted the fear and anxiety that being poor gave her to disappear, just like that humility faded away from Kaname-san, revealing instead, confidence and strength.

She resolved to ask why Kaname-san changed tomorrow.

<OOC, Side Story #006 is a roll 12 to compensate for the earlier confusion of Side Story #004 as mistakenly being a roll 5.>

Side Story #006 - Punch Clock Villain
Side Story #006 - Punch Clock Villain

"Hey Akio." Haruko called out to her co-worker on the other side of the cubicle.

"What?"

"Kaname Corporation is a finance corporation, right?"

"We run banks, calculate exchange rates, do accounting and manage shares. How are we not a finance business? If you're asking questions like that, I wonder how you even got a job here."

Taking a sip of coffee, Haruko defended herself, raising her voice slightly to get heard above the circus of keyboard-typing and mouse-clicking:
"That much is obvious. I'm not a retard. You know why I asked that, but?"

"What? I'm trying to work here, how about you try and actually get work done as well?"

"Akio, I just thought about something, why does a finance company want to own "Murakami Dairy Ltd", the "Fujikawa Beverage Company" and an animation studio?"

"Well, diversification. Now get back to work."

"Yeah, but don't you think it's a bit of a strange thing to diversify into? The company could've chosen electronics instead, but they chose Japanese dairy and tea companies?"

"How am I supposed to know, I'm an office worker. Why is it even relevant to you?"

"Because I work here and I want work security. I don't want the company to go bankrupt."

"Bankrupt? We're more profitable than that Korean megacorp. Why would you even think we would go bankrupt?"

"Because we bought a failing motor company and an alcoholic beverage company around like a decade ago and we've been doing completely irrelevant financial transactions ever since them? Intentionally focusing on subprime loans? Selling fine gourmet wine at near 1000-yen levels? Things like that? I mean the question is more like "why aren't we bankrupt"?"

"Because we've got investors?"

"Yeah, but any sane investor should've pulled their money out a long time ago. Kaname Corporation doesn't even seem to have an expansion strategy. It just pours profits from its financial division into these seemingly irrelevant expressionist projects that make no sense. It's almost like the CEO is using it for her own..."

Akio groaned:
"Oh, please don't give me that market social-engineering drivel. KC is a business and businesses are driven by profit. If you're listening to the truckers, you have such bad taste, it's not even worth talking with you. Go back to work already!"

"But what if it's true? What if Kaname Corporation is part of some shady conspiracy to influence and distort Japanese society?"

"For what, reptilians?"

"I'm not that crazy, I'm just asking what if Kaname Corporation was really up to some sinister business?"

"Beats me. I do it for a living. You can afford a conscience, while are you working for a finance company? Are you a socialist now, or something?"

Akio's comment placed the circumstances into perspective for Haruko. Hanlon's razor wasn't enough to describe the kind of behaviour Kaname Corporation had been, is and will be engaging in, as it appeared to her. There really were too many illogical choices at work for it to be stupidity. She couldn't quite call it malice, however.

However, it was definitely suspicious.

She reminded herself that she had earlier promised to herself, that if she saw any illegal business, she would resign and testify against the company. She valued human dignity over a bit of extra pocket change. Something just wasn't right with the Kaname Corporation.

If the trucker rumours that the company was intending to kidnap random people off the streets and have them fed to transgenic monsters were true, well, she would definitely fight against it.

For the meanwhile, she would continue her work, which would end in around half-an-hour.

Thursday drinks was going to be a relief from her hard work.
[dice]4372[/dice]

4.18. - Down the Rabbit Hole
[X] "But of course. This city is mine to lead and protect. As a king, it all belongs to me and so I will let nothing hide away from me." Make Mitakihara your own. Have it serve you and protect it in return.
[X] "But of course. This city is mine to lead and protect. As a king, it all belongs to me and so I will let nothing hide away from me." Make Mitakihara your own. Have it serve you and protect it in return.
We are Human. To trust an alien to have the best interests of us or even Humanity itself would be foolish without proof. We could possibly 'trust' the Illuminati due to it being in their own interests, but not at this point.

On March the 31st, on the first year of a new era, at 10:30 pm, you have made a decision.

In a ceremony in which no others attended, you momentarily take out those white ribbons from the drawer. Holding them in both of your hands, looking at their gleam like they were a holy sword to pierce through the dark mysteries of the city, you tie them around her hair into two twintails.

You coronated yourself, "King of Mitakihara."

Indeed, looking into the mirror you stared into your own eyes, you repeated those same words:

"I am the King of Mitakihara."

Although this in effect meant little physically changed, to you, those words had a profound meaning.Your lordship over Mitakihara was not born of divine right or lineage. No god came from the heavens to provide you with a crown. Indeed, as far as you knew, those ribbons came from your mother, who as accomplished as she was, was no deity. Your mother herself was no monarch. She was merely a chief executive officer.

As you stared back into your eyes, you wandered how the first legitimate king came about.

Perhaps, looking for someone to guide them and protect them from the depredations of primitive life, the common people ceded some of their rights to another person, someone who was uniquely stronger, so as to have that someone protect their remaining freedoms from the vast, terrible world. That person was the first "king". Essentially, the people had signed a contract that defined society.

You tried to justify yourself as not being a usurper. You were not here to take rights away gratuitously. Rather, you were protecting their "freedoms" first and appropriating their rights after. What freedoms were you trying to protect? Your struggle, it seems, is to reveal all the truths of the city and one day make it known. To that end, you have to appropriate physical objects, property to make that vision possible.

You were not a king born of pure usurpation or violence. You were a king born of the desire to know more about the city.

Why did Kaname Corporation store military equipment? Why did it diversify into strange and seemingly irrelevant industries?

Who gave you those white ribbons?

Why did the Sakura Church burn down?

What is the Mitakihara Scenario?

What was the Odin Medical Trial that Mrs Momoe took part in? Why did the Kaname Corporation serve as Von Langenstein's agent?

Who was Mr Kyubey?

Why did the bank guards shoot at Kyouko?

You were sure that if other people knew about it, they would find someone strong to give their rights to, to protect them and find out more about these secrets. It was in that contract of society that you received your right to "rule".

You hadn't even begun to be a prince. Indeed, when you think sardonically about it, you have already surpassed Sayaka.

You are the King of Mitakihara, coronated by the desire to know the truth about the recent events around you. Without subjects admiring you, you still stand before the mirror, wondering wistfully on what is a king without subjects.

However, as a king takes away the rights of his subjects, he must oblige them with all of his strength in his duty.

What will you investigate in your Campus Note?

[] Kaname Corporation
-[] What about Kaname Corporation?
[] Mr Kyubey
-[] What about Mr Kyubey?
[] Bank guards shooting at Kyouko
[] Write-in

---

AMMUNITION:
---

March Thursday 31st, 10:45 pm

5.1. - Attack
[X] Bank guards shooting at Kyouko
-[X] Wasn't there something about information on who placed the guards there? And why would they shoot Kyouko unless it has something to do with the Child thing?
-[X] Don't sleep too late.
[X] Bank guards shooting at Kyouko
-[X] Wasn't there something about information on who placed the guards there? And why would they shoot Kyouko unless it has something to do with the Child thing?
-[X] Don't sleep too late.

Only problem is Madoka would likely believe him.

What would your vote have been?

---

Putting aside your rather ridiculous and inflated delusions of grandeur, you pull those ribbons off and put them back into the drawer for tomorrow. Now was not the time for more delusions of kingship, when a more pressing task was at hand. Indeed, were it not for the fact you you suspected you had forgotten something, you would've forgotten the issue of the armed bank guards shooting at Kyouko entirely.

Wait, what?

You scratch your head to try and see if the idea of it fades away as some strange thought. Unfortunately, it doesn't, all but proving to you, that indeed, the bank guards shot at Kyouko Sakura and that your memory wasn't lying to you. First you heard the sound of gunfire from that hovel of a hotel room and then Kyouko came running in, telling you that she was shot at by the bank guards.

"The bank guards. They opened fire on me."

Mitakihara Bank betrayed your expectations. They actually hired a bunch of sociopaths who shot at homeless teenage girls during the night for no good reason at all. Well, you didn't hear from Kyouko that she was trying to rob the bank...

Could it be something to do with the Second Child business? Indeed, you scrawled on your Campus Note a couple of page number references. Something... a plot... well you had a hunch that there was a plot... but aside from what the AIs had discussed, there wasn't much to talk about.

You typed into your browser, "kaname guard crazy".

Not much comes up, although for a bit of entertainment you go onto a conspiracy theory site. Aside from the usual allegations of greys, reptilians, promiscuity and other unpleasant tabloid filth and the ranting about Kaname Corporation having too much power and influence, one thing really catches your eyes on a conspiracy theory forum board:
"KANAME CORPORATION SECURITY KIDNAP PEOPLE OFF THE STREETS AND FEED THEM IN SATANIC SACRIFICES."

"Hey, Stahl, are there any mentions of Satanism or human sacrifice in your cache?"

"NO, MA'AM."

Well, if Stahl didn't knowl about it, then indeed, the amount of information that Stahl and the others had truly was limited aside from that cache of what they had recovered from Kaname Corporation's and Xinjiang Tinahe's servers before the password was changed.

This time, you try not to dismiss it. You create a new thread in your Campus Note, titled "Kaname Corporation and Human Sacrifices" for later.

With virtually no leads, you decide to sleep.

---

The morning passes by, as does the earlier periods of school. Lunch arrives and just as your are about to eat together with Sayaka and Hitomi, someone generally outside of your social circle comes to you.

Affectionately known by her nickname "Binbo-chan", she is a student in the school well known for being... poor, not that it is a bad thing.

"Could I ask you something? Did you happen to join those transhumanist people who go on about those "nootropics" and...um... bionics to improve the human condition?"

You scratch your head in curiosity at the question which seemed to have popped out of the blue from a person you weren't really familiar with.

"No... What gave you the impression?"

"Well, all of a sudden, you started working faster, trying harder and well... you don't exactly seem average anymore, not that I'm trying to insult you. But, when people change, you know people tend to notice it, right? And with all the transhumanism going on... I thought you were one of them."

[] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?
[] "Not interested about discussing it further, sorry." You had more than enough in your Campus Note already.
[] "How much do you really admire me?" Have her do some of your dirty work later.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 12:00 pm

30 days remaining until ???

5.2. - Attack
[X] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?

[X] "Tell me more about it." Transhumanism? As in enhancing humanity? Where was she coming from?

"Tell me more about it." Power was good. Even more power was better. The more smarter, faster or stronger you were, the more you would be able to get deep down into the mysteries of this city and with the "Second Child" memo and the subsequent shooting at Kyouko by the bank guards, you were pretty certain that there were some things you wanted to investigate right now.

"Basically, transhumanists are this group of people who basically want humans to be able to extend beyond their natural limits. Think faster. Be smarter. Think more. Be a genius. Run faster, live longer. There's these drugs called nootropics, which have no negative side effect, but enhance your brain and lets you use your full potential. They have pretty big ideas...mind uploading..."

Binbou-chan's little talk about it takes up half of lunchtime.

---

"...and apparently, there's going to be a conference, at the Convention Center starting on the 2nd, tomorrow. Some of the nootropic companies are even distributing samples. I saved my lunch money for the last two months for it and bought two of them, but my father's sick so he can't go tomorrow. You want to come?"

[] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
[] "Sorry, I've got other things to do." Drugs really aren't your thing.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 12:20 pm

5.3. - Attack
[X] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
-[X] Check with your AIs if it's possible to scan the sample copies if you got them. And if not, what would be required to do so.
[X] "Alright." Who knows. You might find some leads on the whole drug trial business Mrs Momoe was involved in.
-[X] Check with your AIs if it's possible to scan the sample copies if you got them. And if not, what would be required to do so.

---

"Alright." You accept Binbou-chan's invitation. Given the whole business with Mrs Momoe and her involvement in the trial run of "Odin", perhap by visiting that conference tomorrow, you might get some leads. You make a note to look for anything related to Von Langenstein Pharmaceuticals tomorrow.

"Yay!" Binbou-chan giggles and returns to her seat. As the bell rings, lunch ends.

---

You race through your classwork.

Class ends.

---

"Hey, Stahl."

"YES, MADAM?"

"What are your chemical testing properties?"

"WE HAVE RELATIVELY LIMITED CAPABILITIES. WE ARE NOT BUILT AS A REPLACEMENT FOR LABS."

"Oh well." You sigh in resignation.

"HOWEVER, WE CAN DETECT RADIATION AND IDENTIFY CHEMICAL WEAPONS SUCH AS TABUN AND SARIN."

Well, they were military equipment...

---

As you've told Sayaka and Hitomi earlier, you're not free to go along with them due to other business you have. Again, they complain, but with understanding, they bid you farewell.

What is your next order of business?

[] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.
[] Kazamino City, in particular those bank guards. Eavesdrop on them.

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 4:00 pm

Last edited:
5.4. - Attack
[X] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.
So, we're going to make some time to be with Sayaka soon.

[X] Mitakihara Hospital, specifically regarding Mrs Momoe and the medical trial she was a part of.

Hopefully we run into Nagisa since I'm not quite sure what the second flag is, other than it probably has something to do with Kyubey.

---

You decide to sneak back into Mitakihara Hospital using that good old intern routine.

The moment you enter Mrs Momoe's room, you see that a tray of food is before Mrs Momoe. Nagisa is spoonfeeding her, even as Mrs Momoe continues to decay slowly and inevitably into death. With every nibble and slurp of the food Nagisa spoonfeeds her with, Mrs Momoe clings onto dear life.

Stahl then warns you of something highly unsettling. It vibrates and you take it out

"WARNING. RADIOACTIVITY DETECTED. ACTIVATING GEIGER COUNTER."

Stahl activates the Geiger counter and you put on earbuds to keep it silent.

Nagisa turns around to look at you.

"Nee-chan? What are you doing?" You move forward and backwards to get the bearing of the radiation. Eventually and quite disturbingly, you understand that it is coming from the direction Mrs Momoe herself.

"Excuse me Mrs Momoe, but you could you please stop eating for a while?" Mrs Momoe nodded, as if she understood that something was up. Nagisa moved backwards.

You cautiously picked up the tray, locking the door to prevent anyone from getting in.

---

After separating the separate items of food from each other by significant distances, you bring Stahl to bear to each of them separately. You place it near the rice, the soup, the jelly beans and the small cup of tea.

You ascertain that the cup of tea, filled almost to the brim, is the most radioactive.

"Mrs Momoe, you didn't drink any of that tea, did you?" She shakes her head weakly.

[] "Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 4:30 pm

Last edited:
5.5. - Attack
[X] "Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."
-[X] "Someone was trying to kill you. I don't think your illness was a coincidence."
[X] If you get a chance to discuss things with Nagisa alone, discuss the wording of her planned wish.

She deserves to know, as does Nagisa.
[X] "Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."
-[X] "Someone was trying to kill you. I don't think your illness was a coincidence."
[X] If you get a chance to discuss things with Nagisa alone, discuss the wording of her planned wish.

---

You turn around quite seriously to Mrs Momoe and Nagisa as you finish testing the radioactive tea.

"Your tea was heavily poisoned with radioactive materials, Mrs Momoe."

Mrs Momoe groaned in her bed: "I knew it. The men-in-black. The feelings of being stalked... day and night. The strange whispers and hand signals I caught glimpses of. Ever since little Nagisa reached 10, "they've" been following me around."

You repeat in curiosity:
""They"?"

"Whoever they are, they always focus on me. They want to kill me. They want to get rid of me, so that little Nagisa will hurt and suffer. They never go for her directly. They..." Mrs Momoe coughs violently. Nagisa rubs her chest in order to comfort her.

"...they want to hurt Nagisa, not me. They're insidious cowards who want to bring as much pain and suffering to Nagisa as possible."

"So someone was trying to kill you? Your illness wasn't a coincidence?"

"They probably put carcinogens or something in the trial of Odin I was given. Nagisa, the keys." Nagisa opens on the drawers and produces a key. She gives it to you, you receiving it with both hands open.

"What are those for?"

"A safe at our home. I kept it as proof for the future. Proof they're murdering me for when the right time came and someone like you looking for them came along. Take Nagisa along with you."

---

After sneaking around into the radiology unit and disposing of the poisoned tea into an appropriate bin, Nagisa and you make your way to her residence.

Nagisa shows you the way to the safe in question.

You open the safe. Before you is a bottle of Odin capsules, with profanity scrawled all over it, presumably written by an angry and distraught Mrs Momoe. It's cap and neck is sealed with red wax for your convenience. You put it in your pocket and close the safe.

You make your way into the living room and take a seat, taking the chance to talk with Nagisa.

"So, Nagisa, with that wish..."

"I talked with Mama. Mama told me not to make deals with people more powerful against me. Mama told me that I would be repeating her mistake, that "they" want me to become dependent on Mr Kyubey. That "they" wanted me to fight those Witch monsters until I died."

"You talked with her about it?"

Nagisa nodded.

[] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."
[] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."
[] "You have a chance to get power for yourself. Seize it."

---

AMMUNITION:
---

April Friday the 1st, 5:00 pm

Mitakihara Roll #001
[X] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."

Let the guilt reach you Not!Madoka. Talk to your father....

[X] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."

Well, if you picked the first one, clearly we should start telling our own parents what we've been up to... You know, tell mother we broken into her building and stole from her.

[X] "You have a chance to get power for yourself. Seize it."

[X] "Telling your parents the truth is always a good thing."

It's not actually true, but it was the right choice at that point and might keep her alive.

[X] "Nobody else needed to know what you were up to. Knowing about Mr Kyubey is your right alone."

That also means we might feel the need to tell our parents what we have done.

2 - Tell parents
2 - Your right alone
1 - Seize power

In other news, I'm going to start the first of the local area random event rolls. Since they are not side story rolls, expect deus and diabolus ex machinas. The lower the score, the less good the random event for that organisation, the higher it is, the more it benefits. Random event rolls are mostly irrelevant to the long-term plot, because most of these organisations have very weak ties to the greater picture, although be on the lookout. Some of them are harmless, while others are quite dangerous. There tends to be a correlation between their scope and danger levels.

1. Mitakihara Communist Party - 6
  2. Islamic State of Mitakihara - 20
  3. Mitakihara Uyoku Dantai - 17
  4. Mitakihara Chamber of Commerce - 4
  5. Cult of Salvation - 3
  6. United Nations - 17
  7. Humanity Plus, Mitakihara - 13
  8. Shizuki Syndicate - 6
  9. Mitakihara Triads - 10
  10. Catholic Church in Mitakihara - 5
  11. Mitakihara Professionals' Union - 5
  12. Main Street Bosozoku - 16
  13. Slime and Scum Bosozoku - 15
  14. Shirome Otaku Club - 17
  15. League of Galactic Heroes - 7

Also, added Bundeswehr Marine officers, Mecklinger, Bittenfeld, Lutz, von Eisenach, Fahrenheit, Kempf, Kesler, Wahlen and Mueller.
The name "Kaname" is the key.
[dice]4380[/dice]

Last edited:
Back