• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

In the large lawless frontiers of Remnant, in the dark places between the lit islands of civilization, criminals of every description hide in settlements, bandit camps, railroad towns, and even in the major cities in the underground. Regular police and the Rangers are insufficient to handle all this criminal traffic. Thus, it falls to the bounty hunters to bring them in.

The requirements to become a bounty hunter are much lower than those of a licensed Hunter or the Rangers, but it is still a difficult, deadly and dangerous job. The local guilds do have laxer policies on Aura activation than the military or the Rangers though, which makes it a popular draw. That said, mortality rates for bounty hunters tend to be high unless they had military, Hunting or other combat experience beforehand.

In the dark places of Remnant, these men and women seek out criminals to bring to justice for lien. Some are noble warriors seeking justice. Some are fighters who seek a challenge. Some are little better than the criminals they hunt. All need to make money to keep going, and just happen to be good at this profession.

Their backgrounds tend to be ex-military, failed Hunters, ex-Rangers, mercenaries seeking a quick buck or more stable employment, and others. Support teams range from normal accountants seeking a thrill to mechanics who want to get out and see the world. The life of a bounty hunter is seldom glamorous: Mostly it is long hours of investigation, preparation, and boredom punctuated by brief moments of violence. Some bounty hunters turn it into a lucrative business by televising their adventures, others live from paycheck to paycheck.

Yet one thing remains certain: Even in a world of soulless monsters trying to devour all of man and Faunuskind, among them are worse monsters. So long as there are criminals the police cannot tackle alone or the Rangers cannot track down, there will always be jobs for bounty hunters.
As opposed to real life bounty hunters where they film themselves shooting your dog because you missed a court date

-Ruby has a tendency to go mad scientist, and Jaune has to try to corral her and keep her from going too far.

Pyrrha: "I'm...I'm alive? How?"
Jaune: "Well..."

<FLASHBACK>

Ruby: "Jaune, to the Secret Lab! Pull the lever! WRONG LEEEEEEEVEEEEE-"

Not to mention;

Ruby: "...And so, to honor our former comrade, please welcome Better Blake."

*Better Blake - a black-furred science-enhanced cat - leaps into Yang's arms and nyaaa's happily. Then she looks at the nearby tree, and fires a pair of laser beams that nearly fry Raven's tailfeathers.*

Jaune: "...Blake's not dead, Ruby."
Ruby: "She is to me."

Last edited:
A few Sunday prompts:

-For Cowboys of Remnant:

>Katy Sith found a new boyfriend. One who was part of the White Fang but reformed. Now he's being held by the White Fang in Vale and Katy asks Jaune to help save him. Much drama ensues.

>Weiss contrives a way for Jaune to spend more time with her: Musical duets!

>Pyrrha tries to be domestic for Jaune. It ends in disaster.

>Jaune picked up a habit of smoking while on the cattle drives. Aura means it doesn't hurt him and they are old fashioned wrapped in paper cigarettes but if his mother found out? She'll kick his ass. So Jaune tries to quit smoking!

-Lines of Succession: An anti-Faunus terrorist group threatens Blake and the Menagerie forces. How does King Jaune handle this?

-Teams CRDL and CFVY are at the mall at the same time as Cardin and Velvet are on a date. Unfortunately a terrorist group chooses now to take the mall patrons hostage. These Hunters in training still have trust issues, but they need to get over those to save the day.

-Nick Arc does some bounty hunting on the side. Teams RWBY and JNPR join him on such a job. Hilarity ensues.

Nick Arc does some bounty hunting on the side. Teams RWBY and JNPR join him on such a job. Hilarity ensues.
Today it was still the easiest job he's ever been on. He's never had the reprobate walk up to him and ask to help. Yang is such a nice girl. Too bad about the assault charges.

It doesn't really get talked about that much, but Ozpin/Ozma and Salem have an interesting opposite views of humanity, and it's in a reverse way that the big bad and big good usual worldviews.

Ozpin/Ozma Is kind off a pessimist/cynic who constantly openly expresses his faith in humanity's ability to overcome adversity and stop the worst people from causing chaos, but his actions show that he doesn't really believe that himself, making him a hypocrite.
Ozpin/Ozma doesn't trust humanity with the truth about Salem and this inability to trust others with the awful truth and his fears, but it's mostly the lack of trust, kind of causing them to feel betrayed, that causes most of his allies to abandon him, rather than the actual awful truth.

Salem, in a somewhat strange and unusual stance for a villain, firmly believes that humanity can overcome any problem so long as they work together, making her strangely idealistic compared to Ozpin/Ozma.
That said, she is the big villain of the setting, with her ultimate goal requiring her to encourage cynicism so that nobody can trust each other long enough to overcome her.

All this is just to hammer home one of the messages of the series; that of how pointless and a self-fulfilling prophecy cynicism can be.

This message is also very obviouly demonstrated when Roman Torchwick is on a rant how Ruby's type of idealism is stupid, while Grimm were swarming around him, and he ends up getting himself eaten by a giant Griffon (because Grimm are attracted to negative emotions, so the worse you expect the world to be, the worse it actually will be).

In the words of Red from OSP:
Red: Hope is the ultimate motivator; on some level, it's the only motivator.
If it seems like I have a personal beef with Grimdark as a genre, it's only the same beef I have with everything that treats hope like a dumb childish concept rather than the fundamental core of human experience.
Hope makes us believe things can be better; once we stop believing that we stop trying to make things better and guess what, then things don't get better.
Pessimistic nihilism is the ultimate self-fulfilling prophecy and maybe it's the 2020 talking, but man, I have straight up run out of patience with people who give up on a better world and then have the audacity to tell other people they're naive or stupid for still trying.
The Grimdark worldview preaches that everything sucks and nothing will make it better.
If the ideal of the Grimdark genre is really struggling in the face of hopelessness, then act like it!
Dare to believe the world can be better and fight for it!
And if that's really the ideal of Grimdark, then why does every other genre do a better job of inspiring it?

Idea
- Jaune has an uncle who's a pretty weird conspiracy theorist that comes up with some pretty insane and wild theories.
This wouldn't be that strange except for the fact that most of them are not only true, but also incredibly accurate, even more than what Ozpin himself knows, though he also has some theories that are just batshit insane and not even remotely true.
Jaune has picked up a few things and traits from him, but hides them because he knows/thinks how wrong all those theories are and what most people think of it.

Last edited:
Katy Sith Bio and Picture
A bit more of a proper bio for Katy Sith:
dfrv9dh-99513dad-bad1-4de2-9a3d-6716df7183e2.png
She is an optimistic sweetheart of a girl who was content doing some online modeling then becoming a farm wife for Jaune in Radian.
She's blonde, fit, busty, and a bit of an unintentional tease. She's fun, optimistic, and a bit simplistic in her outlook but very sweet. She also hates Menagerian Faunus. She and her family have been proud Valeans for generations and allies of the Arcs. They own their own farm next to the Arc grounds and have so for centuries. They are not second-class citizens and think The White Fang and Ghira Belladonna can go to hell.

She's basically the hot girl next door. Think Luanne from "King of the Hill" for how she's a bit of a ditz but very sweet and kind. She's also very religious and works for charities in the Church of the Broken Table. She and Jaune were childhood friends, very close. She was always a ray of sunshine in his life, and he was a steadying influence in hers. They were very close even before dating. Her big brother, Mercer Sith Jr, was very protective of his little sister so trusting her with Jaune was a big mark of respect he held for the Arc scion.

Main issue though is that Katy was content to live in Radian and for Jaune to become her husband as a farmer or Doctor. She wants to run a farm and have lots of children right where she is. Jaune wasn't content to do that. They argued over it a lot. Katy isn't stupid or controlling, she just knows what she wants out of life: To be a bride to a good man and mother of his children in the town she loves. Jaune wants a wife and kids someday, but he doesn't want to follow his mother's dictates.

So again, they did argue, but they were friends before they were in a romantic relationship. So they agreed to break up but stay friends.

Narratively speaking she's supposed to represent the temptation Jaune had for a simple, non-heroic life, to just follow what his mother wanted him to do. But he couldn't. So there's a slight element of tragedy to the relationship.

Last edited:
Summer in Radian: Sith Family Values
@LordofBones Here's a fun concept.

Mercer Sith Junior (Katy's older brother and Jaune's friend) is a fiercely stubborn and hot headed farmer who is very loyal to Vale, Radian, and the Arcs. So he argues constantly with Blake the moment she shows up on politics. However, he has an ulterior motive...

Mercer Sith Jr yells at Blake, she yells back, they argue a lot...

Mercer: "You wanna settle this at the pub?!"

Blake: "FINE! I'LL BE THERE!"

Mercer: "I'LL BRING FLOWERS AND BUY GOOD ALE AT SIX! DON'T BE LATE YOU SPOILED PRISSY PRINCESS!"

Blake: "FINE YOU BRAINLESS BRUTE!"

Mercer heads off, but he's smiling. Jaune sees this and realizes...

Jaune: "... Oh... Crap..."

Blake: "That bastard, I'll make him see how things really are! The nerve of him, insisting I come out into public to keep arguing-!"

Jaune: "Ummm... Blake? He wasn't... Arguing. I mean, not entirely."

Blake: "Huh?"

Jaune: "He was... Flirting."

Blake: "Flirting?!"

Jaune: "Yeah. Katy used to argue with me all the time before I asked her out. It's how the Sith family does things."

Ruby: "Woah, seriously?!"

Jaune: "I mean she wasn't very good at it but it was super cute."

Yang: "HA! Looks like Sun has competition!"

Blake: "N-No! I mean... I didn't... He kept shooting down every one of my arguments and insulting me!"

Jaune: "Yeah, and the fact he kept it up so vigorously meant he thought you were into it."

Blake: "But I-!"

Jaune: "I think you really got his attention when you called him a 'knuckle dragging farm cat with the sense of a mule.'"

Yang: "Oh yeah, his eyes totally lit up then."

Ruby: "Wait, does this mean Weiss and Blake have a thing with how often they argue?"

Weiss: "Certainly not! Besides, who am I to step in the way of Mercer Sith Junior?" smirks "He's been a perfect gentleman to me this whole time!"

Blake: groans
- - -
As for what Mercer Sith Junior looks like? Well, I tried to find art that works for him. But all these blond catmen or catboys look way too effeminate.

Mercer Junior is a bluecollar kind of catman, a good old country boy. Works hard on his farm. Has a muscle car. Has muscles, period. Loves Valean NASCAR. But he's not an idiot: He knows his business, and he knows politics. Also knows how to hotwire a car or tractor and how to plant crops properly. I imagine Blake thought he was just a rural simpleton who needed educating, which irritated him. But the fact she's also pretty stubborn, brave and hot would definitely attract him to her.

Last edited:
Ruby: "Jaune, to the Secret Lab! Pull the lever! WRONG LEEEEEEEVEEEEE-"
I saw what you did there, and I approve.

Jaune: "...Blake's not dead, Ruby."
Ruby: "She is to me."
Sigh, what did Blake do this time?

>Pyrrha tries to be domestic for Jaune. It ends in disaster.
Didn't I already write a prompt like this?
- Jaune is basely a househusband and needs pyrrha to teach him how to fight, now what if pyrrha know nothing about household duties and need jaune's help to learn it. maybe she want to make something for her mother/father/family-friend as a gift and nearly burns down the kitchen trying to do it when jaune find her and offer's to help teach her how to do it.
Yes, yes I did.

Idea
- Jaune has an uncle who's a pretty weird conspiracy theorist that comes up with some pretty insane and wild theories.
This wouldn't be that strange except for the fact that most of them are not only true, but also incredibly accurate, even more than what Ozpin himself knows, though he also has some theories that are just batshit insane and not even remotely true.
... I actually had the same idea, some time back. Don't remember if I just wrote the draft or if did posted.
You didn't take a look at my notes, did you? <Eyes Bommel suspiciously>
Either way go for it.

>Katy Sith found a new boyfriend. One who was part of the White Fang but reformed. Now he's being held by the White Fang in Vale and Katy asks Jaune to help save him. Much drama ensues.
which is funnier- a goat faunus* that used to see Adam as his brother-from-another-mother or Adams actual brother?

*this is a reference to the zodiac sign of Capricorn,

Katy Sith's Conclusions
Katy: sees RWBY and P, looks back at Jaune "Oh, I see. You wanted a battle harem."

Jaune: "Wha-No I didn't!"

Katy: "I completely understand Jaune! I just wasn't enough for you!" smiles "You're too much of a man for any one civilian woman!"

Jaune: "No, I am absolutely not-!"

Katy: "I wish you well, sweetie! In fact! I'll help you!"

Jaune: "No, you don't have to-!"

Katy: "I absolutely do!"

Katy: All those times you fucked me into unconciousness says otherwise~~~.

Yang: "You're not a virgin?! You kept blushing whenever I teased you!"
Jaune: "You sounded like one of those women from a Vacuoan telenovella! What else was I supposed to do, slap your ass and pin you to the wall?"

Yang is, of course, an overcompensating try-hard. Pyrrha, meanwhile, needs a reboot.

Last edited:
Katie works as a excellent solution to an idea I've had for a while. That mean Jaune was in an established relationship before he comes to beacon. You can have fun with this, is Katie his wife, is she pregnant, did she stay behind in radian or decide to get a job in vale and try to go for a long distance relationship. Now admittedly you can also use it for a lot of comedy of having a lot of girls after him and he's already taken. Though I'm not sure if that will stop Ruby.

Honestly I do like the idea that Katy Sith is akin to the Cow Girl in Goblin Slayer: She lets Jaune go because she's confident he will come back to her some day. And she might not even mind a harem.

When Jaune's friends visit Radian and meet Katy...

Pyrrha: "Oh hello. I'm Pyrrha Nikos, Jaune's friend. Who are you?"

Katy: "I'm Katy. I'm Jaune's wife."

RWBY and NPR: SHOCK

Jaune: "No she's not."

Katy: pouts "I am a little!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1meo9oHwgNE&pp=ygUaZ29ibGluIHNsYXllciBjb3dnaXJsIHdpZmU%3D

Isabels' Therapy Sessions: Yang
Yang stares at Isabel. Isabel stares back. An old clock ticks in the background as the silence stretches on.

Yang: "I mean... Look. So I've gotten some juvenile charges here and there. That doesn't mean I'm crazy or anything!"

Isabel: "Therapy is not just for crazy people, just as medical care isn't just for people who are dying. Your mind needs healing like any other part of you."

Yang: sigh "So, what, you think I need healing? I'm a problem child with a lot of issues so we need to talk things through to fix me?"

Isabel: "It's really up to you how this goes, Yang. I can't make you do anything you don't want to do. If you think you don't have any problems, then we don't need to discuss them. We can sit in silence or talk about the weather..."

Yang: sighs "But we're gonna have to do this anyway, huh? Fine... Let's just get through the obvious BS as quickly as possible. You knew my mom, right?"

Isabel: "Yes."

Yang: "And you can shapeshift, right?"

Isabel: "To a limited extent, yes. Why?"

Yang: "Let's just... Go outside, you turn into my mom, we fight, we make up, and we call it good. How's that?"

Isabel: "That's not how therapy works, Yang-"

Yang: "You said we could do what I want, right? Well, let's do this! I'll make some actual progress or whatever, not that I need any, you get to report I'm not crazy, everyone's good!"

Isabel: "Yang, this is really not how it works-"

Yang: scowls "This is what I want, got it?! So we're gonna do it!"

Isabel: sighs "All right."

They go outside to a training ground. Yang warms up and stretches a bit. Isabel does the same.

Yang: grins "Besides... You were one of the strongest Huntresses in Vale. I wanna see how I stack up!" Poses "Especially since I don't have to cheat!"

Isabel: deadpan "Haven't heard that before."

Yang: "All right... Come on... Let's go!" She charges Isabel, fist raised, grin wide...

Isabel turns into Summer Rose. Yang falters and trips, falling to her knees.

Isabel: In Summer's voice "Yang? Are you all right? What's wrong?"

Yang: "You... But...!"

Isabel: "Yang? I... This is what you wanted, right? Your mother?"

Yang: sobs "... I-I'm sorry!"

Isabel: alarmed, she kneels down and pulls Yang into a hug "Yang?!"

Yang: "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I-I wasn't good enough! Why did you leave me?! WHY?!"

Isabel realizes, too late, that Yang wasn't thinking of Summer.

Isabel: holds her tightly, and rubs her back "It's all right, Yang, it's all right... I'm sorry I left you. I didn't want to... I love you, Yang. I really do. I'm very proud of you, Yang. I'm so proud..."

Yang continues to sob, a broken wreck.

Isabel changes back to her true form, and gets Yang back to the office. Yang sits on the couch, looking miserable. Isabel keeps holding her.

Isabel: sigh "I'm sorry, Yang. This is my fault. I was completely unprofessional. I should not have done that."

Yang: "... I'm sorry... Please, don't..." sniffles "... I-I didn't know... It would hurt so much..."

Isabel: "I know. I know. I'm sorry, Yang."

Yang: "Am... Am I crazy or-?"

Isabel: "No! You are NOT crazy. There is nothing morally wrong with you, Yang! You've just suffered a lot of trauma. There are very few people who haven't! But that's why therapy, real therapy, isn't like how it is in the movies. It's not something you can just punch your way through."

Yang: sniffles "... Will... I mean... Will you help me?"

Isabel: "Yes Yang. Of course I will."

Yang: "Thank you..."

Last edited:
Katie works as a excellent solution to an idea I've had for a while. That mean Jaune was in an established relationship before he comes to beacon. You can have fun with this, is Katie his wife, is she pregnant, did she stay behind in radian or decide to get a job in vale and try to go for a long distance relationship. Now admittedly you can also use it for a lot of comedy of having a lot of girls after him and he's already taken. Though I'm not sure if that will stop Ruby.

Summer's genes STRONK.

Ruby, silver eyes glowing ominously: "Why wait? Our kids can have twice the moms and twice the love!"

Yang: "Thank you..."

It occurs to me that Ruby can have her own traumas with her mother. Everyone says that Summer was a hero, but what haunts Ruby is the idea that Summer was a Hero that also happened to be a mother rather than a Mother that also happened to be a hero.

It's also something Salem can gleefully exploit.

Salem: "Oh, you poor simple fool, did you truly believe, even for an instant, that Summer Rose would put her own daughter, a single child, on a pedestal beyond the nameless faceless masses she had to save?"
Ruby: "...Shut up."
Salem: "She was not thinking of you, child. She was not thinking of her husband. She dared attack me here, in the heart of of my realm, so that the world would be saved."
Ruby: "Shut up."
Salem: "She did not die thinking about her daughters, asleep in their bed. She did not die thinking about the husband who'd lost another wife. She died a martyr, throwing herself back against my Grimm, drowning herself in the Dark God's ichor when the Branwen wretch's portal was not even ten feet away."
Ruby: *breaks* "Shutupshutupshutup! Mom was...mom was a Hero..."
Salem: "Oh, that she was, Ruby Rose. But history seldom lingers those the Hero leaves behind on their grand destinies. Meditate on that on your way to Eternity."

Last edited:
Most of RWBY's writing feels like a rough draft that needed an editor to do a once over, really. It needed another few sweeps to make it make sense and not just use Jaune as an Exposition Pig.

So here, while his father did tell Jaune stories about being a Huntsman, he did also obey his wife and emphasize how dangerous and difficult it could be. And that there was no shame in Jaune choosing to follow his mother's path.

Jaune didn't want to follow that path and ultimately ran away from home. And Nick let him, because he realized that his son was going to choose this path and he couldn't interfere. As much as he might want his son to not enter such a dangerous profession, he respects his son's choices. And even convinced Isabel to not push the issue. To let Jaune be, and only offer him the means to return home if it didn't work out... Or if he wanted more training.

My take on Volume 4 would have had Jaune, Ruby, Nora, Ren, and possibly Yang go to Radian on the first leg of their journey to find Cinder. Jaune gets some training from Nick, we get some insight into his family and parents, we get an idea of how the rest of Vale is faring due to the Vytal fall, and we learn why Jaune's parents didn't want him training.

We have them reluctantly accept this is Jaune's path, and offer as much support as they can to him and his friends going forward. After Jaune proves he can handle himself. You know, character growth stuff. Maybe meet Katy and reconcile.

You could also explore Nora and Ren's issues as orphans and have them build stronger ties with Jaune via his family, Yang and Ruby's loss of theit mother by talking to Isabel, maybe even have Jaune's great-grandmother offer some information on the Silver Eyes to give them some direction. Lots of possibilities.

Honestly I do like the idea that Katy Sith is akin to the Cow Girl in Goblin Slayer: She lets Jaune go because she's confident he will come back to her some day. And she might not even mind a harem.

When Jaune's friends visit Radian and meet Katy...

Pyrrha: "Oh hello. I'm Pyrrha Nikos, Jaune's friend. Who are you?"

Katy: "I'm Katy. I'm Jaune's wife."

RWBY and NPR: SHOCK

Jaune: "No she's not."

Katy: pouts "I am a little!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1meo9oHwgNE&pp=ygUaZ29ibGluIHNsYXllciBjb3dnaXJsIHdpZmU%3D

you know, this Idea of Katy and other gals being the rock that keep Jaune grounded like how Goblin Slayer is kept grounded by his not-yet-wives(also, why no content with GS and his Wives and why no love for Goblin Slayer x Amazon Warrior pairing?! imagine that pair wrecking things and the content for NSFW as well!), is quite great, you could even make it a feature of the Jaune "Whole Team" Arc content with his not-yet-wives being Pyrrha, Nora and FemRen and it can be quite wholesome both in SFW and NSFW stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back