• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

I need the default back from when I joined I don't remember the name but it was the only one I liked

The ablity to switch back to the old style would be welcome, rather use to it at this point.

But more realistically I would like to make black blacker and whites more white. The current look makes it slightly harder to read. Grey on light white it feels like

Thank you for your efforts.

The ablity to switch back to the old style would be welcome, rather use to it at this point.

But more realistically I would like to make black blacker and whites more white. The current look makes it slightly harder to read. Grey on light white it feels like

Thank you for your efforts.
Pretty much this.

While I can tolerate the UI changes, with the only hope they can fix some browsing optimizations.

But I honestly had greatly preferred the deep black and bright white of the Dark Responsive style.

EDIT:

Oh, and another thing I noticed, but relatively minor; please make a clearer separation from where the post ends and the signatures begin.

I need the default back from when I joined I don't remember the name but it was the only one I liked
The old default was Dark Responsive Green and pretty much everyone wants it or Black Responsive Green back, but they're XenoForo 1.x only, and it's not coming back as it's EoL. Pending the admins hopefully re-creating them, we'll need something else.

My vote is https://xenfocus.com/styles/illuminate_dark/ + the various free themes mentioned in this thread.

I don't know if you're planning to recreate the old styles, but I'd like to put in a request for the orange blackened if you do.

Issue with the new editor window: when using the WYSIWYG editor, links are the same colour as normal text and only show an underline on hover. This makes it very hard to see what is or is not a link.

Issue applies with the Dark theme, not sure about others.

1. I love how the site seems to be running faster and with less crashes on my crap hardware.
2. By God and or anything you believe in the new look of dark mode is horrible any chance of a "classic" dark mode of something like it?

I'm really not a fan of this new greyscale minimalist Default Dark theme.

Something like the older blue/grey/black theme would be way better

That being said, I do absolutely love how there's no more big margins on the sides of the page, things are a lot more screenspace efficient now.

So all in all, stylistic and readability L, functionality and efficiency W

Last edited:
Found a somewhat acceptable solution.
lwZgGMt.png

If you download Ad Block One and turn on Safari Night Mode in the extension then the XenForo default style will look like this.

EDIT: Hmm. Seems like images from Imgur at least can't be uploaded. Here's the direct link.

Last edited:
I'd also like to request a better dark style. The new one does not color read and unread notifications differently, making it much harder to spot where in your notifications your unreads end and reads begin.

I'm really not a fan of this new greyscale minimalist Default Dark theme.

Something like the older blue/grey/black theme would be way better

That being said, I do absolutely love how there's no more big margins on the sides of the page, things are a lot more screenspace efficient now.

I believe this style was called Flexile Dark? And I agree, I would very much like it back.

Whoops. Wrong thread sorry.
Reposting from the other thread.
everal updates have now been made to the testbed: - The Froala editor now has the full-screen option available
That's very good. I'm hoping the buttons could also be edited so that the "more options" dropdown lists are just naturally in the textbox. Though there is still the issue that it is VERY hard to notice when a rich text is being used (bolded/italics/etc.) because the only indicator is a REALLY minor brightening of the icon. Need to make the icon change more obvious, either a more intense bolding/glow, or make the color change to a distinct hue when an icon is being used.
- The TinyMCE editor has been updated for a UI more similar to the current one, and also now supports tables
It's gotten much better. I very much appreciate having the color button having that "retain the last used color for instant click-edit" option. Very nice. I'd say for 99% of convenience, the TInyMCE editor is just missing the "insert edit image" (I don't need this on a laptop, but on a phone? This is the ONLY way I can add pictures while on a phone), and the "Quote" and "Insert Spoiler" buttons. Having to manually type those is hell, so definitely needed on a phone (on a PC at least I can copy the bbcode or something so it's just ctrl-v to what parts I need). Also, please add a "Save draft" and "Delete draft" options. TinyMCE is definitely missing that. Ideally, there is a very obvious indicator of when it is activating. I personally don't use smilies and special characters, neither with unordered and ordered lists. But I sometimes use "indent" when I'm writing, especially on character sheets and other data posts when I want to put some subordinate rule or related minor information/data below a more important entry. With those, that's basically every button I reliably use on the qq textbox. Minor bit of error: sometimes on fullscreen on the TinyMCE editor, whene I click one of the dropboxes (the color palette, or text size, or text font, etc.) the dropbox appears on the bottom of the editor rather than sprouting from the icon. ALso, request for both textboxes: put the "Edit BBcode directly" mode on the far far right, away from the FUllscreen button, enough distance that accidental misclicks are unlikely. IF you misclick the fullscreen button, you just click it again to opt out. IT's just a view change, so reverting is instant. But accidentally clicking the bbcode button suddenly makes the entire textbox change fundamentally as the computer runs a bit of data to convert the text to bbcode, etc and you can't stop the process. (also, the bbcode editor starts out really tiny and you have to expand the borders yourself on a PC to an acceptable size. This cannot be done on a phone)

New stuff separate from the copied post. Froala Editor: When I click "horizontal line" it produces the "[ HR ] [ / HR ]" instead. Which is fucking weird. Not a huge concern, but it's just really not my thing, and I would prefer horizontal lines to actually appear as horizontal lines when clicked. The TinyMCE editor does that right though, so as said, not a huge concern. A serious concern for Froala editor is that it doesn't allowed direct image posting (though TinyMCE editor still allows that. Yay? ) TinyMCE editor: As above, still missing some functionality from the old editor. But for the most part that's it. WOuld be nice if it was dark grey/black rather than dark blue but not a huge deal. Just in general, I want to be as close to the old version as possible (though I don't mind losing the really minor stuff like Code, Special Characters, Smilies, Ordered List, Unordered List. But others might have a preference there)
image.png
Of note, the current TinyMCE editor has some redundant things. For example, the "Format" tab? We already have Rich Text, Table, etc., available for immediate button pressing. Same With "Insert" and "View" and "Tools", etc. I think most of those tabs could just be removed. And even with adding the missing functionality from XF1 textbox, it should still end up as only two rows of icons. EDIT: Okay wait, the tinyMCE editor has SERIOUS issue with the that stupid popup. The one that if you right click (on desktop) or hold (on phone) it shows up as "link". I cannot copy image, or copy image url, or copy/cut via right click. I absolutely cannot 'copy image url' even on a desktop while inside, for example. This is nuts. PLEASE remove that "link" popup. On other things... For mobile, PLEASE make the threads on "new posts" actually show the pages (preferably, last three pages and first page). And speaking of which, please make "New Posts" accessible with one click on the top of the page, rather than needing to click "What's New" to get a dropdown list. I'd like that for desktop too. And for both, please give an option to remove the Similar Threads. It's occupying a lot of space (even just the spacebattles option to fold it up).
image.png
Compare the relatively short bottom section on spacebattles to the bloated one we have right now, with a Similar Threads chunk that can't be minized, and all that clutter at the bottom that I don't care about. Other things...I would prefer the reader mode have 30 posts per page again. And very importantly: PLEASE add some better colors/delineation for the Dark Mode. The text is too grey. The general non-text color is dark because dark mode, yeah. But it needs some slices of color to make the important bits more noticeable, link Links, names, etc. As a reminder:
image.png
Needs brighter text, needs some noticeable delineation. Needs more colorful text on some important text like Likes, "New" indicator for posts, LINKS (other thread/post links, urls, etc.) usernames, etc. Also, please stop the ribbon from the top from following me across the page. It's a huge issue on phone. That's more space I could use viewing the rest of the page.

Last edited:
I don't even care about the colors at this point - I just want the user interface/forum itself to look like it did yesterday.

The 'upgraded' look is beyond fucking terrible on mobile. It's physically painful to try to navigate. Its like someone decided to make it as awful to try to parse through the site as possible.

Please. For the love of god, please make some way to revert the appearance back to when QQ wasn't trying to emulate the worst parts of SB's website.

List of free themes for the admins to look through.

These two look pretty good, imo. I really like Shades of Blue.
Shades of Grey looks almost identical to the old Dark Responsive High Contrast palette, except the foreground and background colors are swapped.

idk if it's been said, but I hope flexile dark comes back, or at least something like it. The blue and black was easy on the eyes.

I could not disagree more. The margins made large blocks of text more easily readable on large screens, as you didn't have to cross the entire screen to get to the next line. I don't need it to be "screen efficient", I need it to be legible.

Way too much blue on a lot of XF2 themes.

I liked the Blackened Green for only being a little blue.

I'd really like to have the old skin back. It was unique, this one is just generic.

Also, please disable the top bar from following when scrolling down. It just takes up a portion of the screen for nothing and annoys me. I had to remove the element from every page I read so far because of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back