• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Guys, for those of you ADVOCATING learning YOZI CHARMS.

First, we need to know this is possible.
Second, we need a TEACHER.
Third, we need said teacher to have the charms we want.
Forth, we need to convince the teacher that it is a good idea to teach us the charms.
I am aware, and I'm also aware that the same thing applies to Solar and DB charms. Though Skitzy did have something to say last weekend...

Right now, I'm just trying to avoid misrepresenting any options.

"Big bad" does not equal teacher... >_<
Big Bad is a matter of perspective. The Lover is a potential Big Bad for anyone who isn't loyal to her. She's also our quickest route toward a Whispers rating (should we want one) and (extremely small probability) a potential harem member.

Oh come on. We can just beat them up, chop their limbs off, force several dozen oaths on them, and then keep them in our basement, and make them teach us their every power.

What could possibly go wrong?
Alternately, mutual UMI. They social-fu us while we social-fu them and the process repeats until we both have strong positive intimacies toward each other.

My current XP plan is very simple: wait. We need 120 XP to max Willpower and the other five Caste/Favored Abilities that we actually care about (split half and half); after that, we need lots and lots of training time.
This is... not a good plan. Oh, it probably won't get us killed, but that still doesn't mean it's a good idea. 120XP is 15 favored charms. That's huge. It's the difference between a starting character and one who will utterly crush him. It's not that abilities are useless, it's that they are generally less cost effective than buying charms unless you need them as a prerequisite.

If you want to run and jump higher, buy an Athletics excellency. Or jumping or running charms. These will get you a lot more mileage than a single dot of athletics. The same goes for Integrity or Linguistics. I will admit that we may need more Socialize and Bureaucracy soon, but I'd like to have a reserve of XP first, and again the excellencies are more useful.

Is having 10 more Willpower really worth 60XP right now? Conquest Quest Taylor has only 7, and she is running under extremely harsh rules for Wp consumption. If you are worried about running out, I'd suggest instead buying charms that will help it recover.

I know we are short on training time, but there are a fair number of useful charms that require only one or two days to train. Like Scathing Cynic Attitude, Spider Pounce Technique, Essence Draining Touch, or any number of Excellencies. We also want to keep some XP in reserve for when we do have training time, so that we can actually use it.

Last edited:
[X] A more neutral location like somewhere on the Boardwalk, would require some sort of backup. But capable of being up to snuff.
-[X] Be spontaneous, ask her opinions on places and things, and make her do a lot of Thinking. We want to learn her capabilities while also having fun.
[X] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
-[X] Though honestly after the conversation we just had, I can't imagine her accepting, but we are hotter than Adonis so whatevs.
[X] Bank XP

This is... not a good plan.
That's because it's not a plan. I'm just stating the facts that a) those are all the non-Virtue dots we can purchase immediately without the use of training charms and b) their total price tag is so many XP.

My 'wishlist' is so amateurish and unsorted because I'm looking at the charm lists and throwing out everything that won't be useful for TDP in the imaginable future. I'm not making any judgments on what will be most useful at present or the near future.

That's because it's not a plan. I'm just stating the facts that a) those are all the non-Virtue dots we can purchase immediately without the use of training charms and b) their total price tag is so many XP.
I appear to have misread that slightly, crammed together as it was. That said, I find it amusing that it will take quite a while at the current high rate of XP gain to reach the point where an "optimal" character would have started. Not that it really matters.

I didn't like the current stunt, so have a marginally better one:

[] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
-[] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."
"Did you just ask me out?
"It'd be strictly business. Unless, of course, you wanted something else?"

That hilariously awkward moment when he realizes they're both ogling VIctoria Dallon...

Hey now Alchemical Solutions showed that ogling beautiful women together is a great activity for couple's to bond over :p

[X] A more neutral location like somewhere on the Boardwalk, would require some sort of backup. But capable of being up to snuff.
-[X] Be spontaneous, ask her opinions on places and things, and make her do a lot of Thinking. We want to learn her capabilities while also having fun.
[X] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
-[X] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."
[X] Bank XP

Any chance of convincing people to switch to Anasurimbor's Sabah vote/stunt?

[] Ask Sabah if she wants to go to the party tonight, as a way to get her style out there. In return, you get a discount on a future commission. You get a beautiful girl on your arm, she gets exposure, and you also get a discount. You'll also have to explain yourself to your father.
-[] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."

Current tally

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 28 | Questionable Questing
##### NetTally 1.1.6
No. of Votes: 9
evildice
1986ctcel
Biigoh
Biofan09
dasstan
Kerfirou
Lon
SerbobIV
SwiftRosenthal

[X] Bank XP
No. of Votes: 6
dasstan
1986ctcel
Biigoh
Lon
SerbobIV
SwiftRosenthal

-[X] Though honestly after the conversation we just had, I can't imagine her accepting, but we are hotter than Adonis so whatevs.
No. of Votes: 5
evildice
Biigoh
dasstan
Kerfirou
Lon

[X] Something a little more upper middle class(On edge of Empire territory), as not to intimidate with wealth, but still enough to wow. Followed by a movie?
No. of Votes: 3
Marthis
Anasurimbor
Drak4806

No. of Votes: 2
burningclaw2
SerbobIV

-[X] "Sabah, I have to say that I'm really impressed by your work. You have talent. But, as I'm sure you know, you need a lot more than talent to succeed in fashion. Image and exposure is critical, and I think I might be able to help you there. There's a pretty big party tonight. All kinds of the local connected elite will be there: executives, politicians, even superheroes. I just happen to have an invitation for two, and no one else to bring. I'd be happy to take you along with me for a da... discount on my next purchase? It'd be a great chance to show off your designs in person."
No. of Votes: 2
SwiftRosenthal
1986ctcel

-[X] Wait until you are home before telling Dad about the date, to avoid making a scene. Explain to him that apart from being technically Aryan, she is just some fun on the side and that the woman to bear our children will be pure white-white ideal Aryan. Afterwards, proceed to wash your mouth to clean out the bullshit you just spewed.
No. of Votes: 1
Marthis

[X] Set a trap for Lisa, its only right to be cautious.
burningclaw2

[X] Ask Sabah if she's taking commissions now. You could use a gift of a nice dress to butter up a girl, like Gwen or Kayden.
Drak4806

[X] Sabah is a very nice (newly revealed) Aryan girl (and older), ask her out, as in a date. There will be much explaining to be done.
Anasurimbor

[X] Purchase:
-[X] Scathing Cynic Attitude(Mirror: Sagacious Reading of Intent)
Anasurimbor

[X] Sabah is a very nice (newly revealed) Aryan girl (and older), ask her out, as in a date. There will be much explaining to be done.
-[X] Wait until you are home before telling Dad about the date, to avoid making a scene. Explain to him that apart from being technically Aryan, she is just some fun on the side and that the woman to bear our children will be pure white-white ideal Aryan. Afterwards, proceed to wash your mouth to clean out the bullshit you just spewed.
Biofan09

Total No. of Voters: 13

Switching votes.

Still not sure how we are going to hit on Amy with Sabah there without seeming like a two timing bastard, but I guess we will work something out using EDGY ABYSSAL BULLSHIT.

[X] Bank XP

Still not sure how we are going to hit on Amy with Sabah there without seeming like a two timing bastard, but I guess we will work something out using EDGY ABYSSAL BULLSHIT.

It depends on Sabah, how much she likes the cooch over the penis, how open she is to a relationship with TDP, how open she is to casual sex with TDP, how open she is to an open relationship with TDP, it also depends on Amy and how she interprets Sabah's presence, if she finds TDP attractive, more importantly HOW attractive she finds TDP, how desperate she is to have someone other than Victoria to be attracted to, because if she's desperate enough, she will do anything it takes to be getting porked by him, love him, and feel loved by him.

Amy rolls a 1 on TDP? No dark princess Amy without EDGY ABYSSAL BULLSHIT. Amy rolls a 10? You are going to need Alexandria, Lung, Eidolon with a FISS package, and Victoria (partially to keep Amy from unleashing a super-plague) to pry her off him. A + desperation bonus (after the roll) in how attractive she finds him, doe. A 10 is rolled? 10 + at least 1, 11. YANACEA LIVES AGAIN!

On a more serious note, it really depends on how Sabah feels about the date (if it is a date or a business deal, and how it develops through the night). Sabah could be perfectly fine with it, because you got her in, and now she can do the networking and talking herself, or she could at least want to have something of a date night. Or she could be all about TDP, and be upset that he's flirting with other girls. And how Amy sees that interaction and interprets it.

Maybe Sabah spots the longing in Amy's eyes and starts playing wingwoman for Panacea. Maybe Sabah gets TDP to play wingman for her as she attempts to woo the healer. Maybe Sabah is off talking with the college age girls, like Crystal, about her dress and where the girls can purchase them. Maybe Amy isn't even there, she's at the hospital healing to fulfill her quota so she can have a few days off for the holidays.

Maybe Sabah spots the longing in Amy's eyes and goes 'why not both?' and convinces Amy that if Amy is willing to tag team TDP there's no way TDP can resist, and fade into the background after a crazy threesome, leaving Amy as the dark princess to TDP's Dark Prince.

Maybe Scion attacks the world during the party killing everyone, game over.

Round and round it goes, where the paranoid schizophrenic with depression and ptsd stops no one knows!

On a more serious note, it really depends on how Sabah feels about the date (if it is a date or a business deal, and how it develops through the night).
Sabah effin triggered because of some asshole trying to socially pressure her and she only accepted Foil cause Foil was willing to be a sub for her and put their relationship above her social position. Foil quitting the Wards for Sabah was the fulcrum of the whole thing! Theo asking her for a date to advance Sabah's social standing is the worst idea. It's like asking Miss Militia to clear out a Minefield or asking Brandish to hang out with prison guards. Sabah talking Amy into going out with TDP is like Taylor calling people nasty names.

Let me reiterate: "YOU DOUCHEBAGS GIVE PARIAN HER TRIGGER BONUS! IT'S LIKE TRAPPING SKITTER!"

Sabah effin triggered because of some asshole trying to socially pressure her and she only accepted Foil cause Foil was willing to be a sub for her and put their relationship above her social position. Foil quitting the Wards for Sabah was the fulcrum of the whole thing! Theo asking her for a date to advance Sabah's social standing is the worst idea. It's like asking Miss Militia to clear out a Minefield or asking Brandish to hang out with prison guards. Sabah talking Amy into going out with TDP is like Taylor calling people nasty names.

Let me reiterate: "YOU DOUCHEBAGS GIVE PARIAN HER TRIGGER BONUS! IT'S LIKE TRAPPING SKITTER!"

Uh she triggered because he was a "nice guy" who would NOT stop badgering her about going out with him and made up horrible lies and ruined her social life (and driving her to switch from engineering to fashion) after she (politely) refused iirc. we are in no way pressuring her.

It's not like Theo knows any of Sabah's issues. Her situation is also a lot better than it was in her interlude, when her world had been destroyed and much of her family killed.

On another note, why would Theo be going after Amy when her bombshell sister Victoria is around? Not that Victoria would let anyone she found interesting ignore her...

On another note, why would Theo be going after Amy when her bombshell sister Victoria is around? Not that Victoria would let anyone she found interesting ignore her...
I explained the reasoning for the ship in this post. It has nothing to do with the typical woobie!Amy sentiment and everything to do with who her father is:

Idea for the future: every Prince needs a Princess, but it's not proper for nobility to wed commoners (like we would if we pursued Gwen or the twins). There is one bona-fide princess in Brockton Bay, though. She just doesn't know that she is a princess in the first place.

Basically, Theo/Amelia. Either we go Unholy Unwitting Pact and set her up with Victoria, make her hate her sister instead (w/ Broken Heart Triumph) as prep for Heartless Fiend Insinuation, or use a relevant Linguistics charm.
Theo doesn't know that Amy is Marquis's daughter either, but I'm 95% sure there's a charm that gives you knowledge of a target's ancestry. Edit: Solars' Legacy-Detecting Glance (E4, Investigation 4) from the Errata.

Last edited:
I explained the reasoning for the ship in this post. It has nothing to do with the typical woobie!Amy sentiment and everything to do with who her father is:
I suppose that's not the worst reason for a ship, though I will laugh if Kaiser can't decide whether this is the best revenge or if he still needs to murder her. That said, I will always advocate for an extremely low end interpretation of her powers, leaving her only completely bullshit.

What I was talking about was the IC reason for Theo to be particularly interested in her. For all that she can be a bit bitchy(though so can Amy), Victoria is much more striking. Doubly so with her magical aura. She has an on/off boyfriend, but considering Theo hates Dean that might count as a bonus. She can also be rather forceful. I highly doubt Theo's resolve should she find him interesting, whether out of genuine curiosity or simply to manipulate her boyfriend.

I wouldn't consider it likely, but I suppose a romantically aggressive Amy is justifiable under some circumstances and assumptions, but it would need to be handled carefully. Of course, it could always be a desperate attempt doomed to failure, much like all those dates her sister drags her on.

lets be honest,Theo spent years of crippling emotional abuse from his father.i don't think he has the right tools to be picking up the ladies...lets start him off with a gal at his mental level....like Rachel or god forbid Sophia.

What I was talking about was the IC reason for Theo to be particularly interested in her. For all that she can be a bit bitchy(though so can Amy), Victoria is much more striking. Doubly so with her magical aura. She has an on/off boyfriend, but considering Theo hates Dean that might count as a bonus. She can also be rather forceful. I highly doubt Theo's resolve should she find him interesting, whether out of genuine curiosity or simply to manipulate her boyfriend.
There's also the fact that part of why Vicky and Dean keep getting back together is his aura resistance. We're much hotter, and have a high enough MDV to also be resistant. Thus, aside from our family's E88 ties (which she may or may not know of), we're totally worth dropping Dean for.

The problem with Dark Lady Amy is that her power will freak out when she touches us and realizes we're a surprisingly active dead guy.

There's also the fact that part of why Vicky and Dean keep getting back together is his aura resistance. We're much hotter, and have a high enough MDV to also be resistant. Thus, aside from our family's E88 ties (which she may or may not know of), we're totally worth dropping Dean for.
We're the sexiest.

The problem with Dark Lady Amy is that her power will freak out when she touches us and realizes we're a surprisingly active dead guy.
"It's a powers thing. Maybe a Breaker effect? Please don't tell anyone my secret."

Three of our starting charms were altered by the errata, two heavily.

Scroll of Errata p. 76 said:
Ravening Mouth of (Ability)
(p. 122)
Any motes granted by this Charm are attunement motes. These special motes are not added to the Abyssal's Essence pools, but can be committed to any unattuned artifact he has on his person, allowing him to reflexively attune to it if its cost is paid in full with attunement motes. Alternatively, he can commit attunement motes to an attuned artifact he possesses, replacing the motes he has committed to it from his own pools. At the end of the scene, all attunement motes are lost. The Abyssal may reflexively replace them with his own motes to sustain the attunement of artifacts empowered by them.
Scroll of Errata p. 77 said:
Blade-Summoning Gesture
(p. 129)
Cost: —(1m); Type: Permanent
Keywords: Merged, Mirror (Call the Blade), Obvious
Duration: Permanent
The Abyssal may reflexively spend one mote to activate this Charm as described. He may only call his blade from up to (Essence x 2) yards away while in battle, however.
Merged: Hungry Missile Technique (Thrown).

Resplendent Shadow Blade
(pp. 129-130)
Cost: 3m, 1wp or 5m, 1wp
Replace the text of this Charm with the following:
The Essence of the Abyssal manifests in a weapon formed of Essence-hardened shadows adorned or intertwined with corpse-elements. This blade inflicts aggravated damage to creatures of the Wyld and slightly dims any light brought near it. The Exalt can summon this weapon to her hand from anywhere it has fallen, as a diceless, miscellaneous action. The character defines the form of her weapon upon purchasing this Charm. Statistically, the weapon has traits equal to single or paired basic 1, 2 or 3-dot close-range soulsteel artifact weapon (such as a daiklave, grimcleaver, or direlance) of the player's choice. Paired 1-dot weapons or a singular 2-dot weapon costs 3m. Paired 2-dot weapons or a single 3-dot weapon costs 5m. "Brawling aides" such as smashfists are not valid forms.

Players wishing to have multiple options may purchase this Charm a number of times equal to their character's Melee score, creating a different weapon with each purchase. If the character possesses an Overdrive pool, she gains one offensive mote to that pool each action while she is wielding Resplendent Shadow Blade. The character must be in battle to benefit from the one mote drip. She may only benefit from one drip from weaponry at a time.

Additionally, this Charm may be purchased a second time to upgrade all weapons that may be created through Resplendent Shadow Blade, granting them the benefits detailed on page 130 of Manual of Exalted Power—The Abyssals.

Also... how high could our natural and armored soak and hardness get if we learn the Abyssal tanking charms (Spirit-Hardened Frame -> Resilient Corpse Body -> Flesh as Marble Stance, also requires Injury Absorbing Discipline) and the Malfean tanking charms (Scar-Writ Saga Shield x3, Viridian Legend Exoskeleton x2), while wearing our artifact armor? Y'know, in case we wanted to do something really stupid awesome, like melee an Endbringer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back