• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

[X] Plan Anasurimbor

[X] Charisma 3 Manipulation 3 Appearance 5
Mechanically optimal for a balanced social approach, as Appearance enhances both Charisma and Manipulation. We have plenty of time and resources to manage any complications.

[X] Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Stamina 1
Dexterity is the god stat. Strength 3 is need to wield many weapons. Stamina necessarily suffers, but it can be raised cheaply.

[X] Perception 2 Intelligence 2 Wits 3
Generic stat spread. Not strictly optimal, but I didn't want any large weaknesses in this area so we can pretty much ignore it for now.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Anasurimbor

[X] Charisma 3 Manipulation 3 Appearance 5
Mechanically optimal for a balanced social approach, as Appearance enhances both Charisma and Manipulation. We have plenty of time and resources to manage any complications.

[X] Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Stamina 1
Dexterity is the god stat. Strength 3 is need to wield many weapons. Stamina necessarily suffers, but it can be raised cheaply.

[X] Perception 2 Intelligence 3 Wits 2
Generic stat spread. Not strictly optimal, but I didn't want any large weaknesses in this area so we can pretty much ignore it for now.
If you swap the intelligence dot to either perception of wits you'll have my votes. Intelligence isn't really used for many rolls and is generally only important if your character theme is built around lore or occult. Wits and Perception on the other hand come up in a lot of practical situations including combat both regular and social.

Made some edits to the stat block spread for attributes by spending bonus points to BUY attribute dot in Mental Stat block, also edited Physical Stat block

[-] Plan Bii
[-] Strength 2 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2 (6)
[-] Charisma 4 Manipulation 4 Appearance 3 (8)
[-] Perception 3 Intelligence 2 Wits 3 (4+1)

If you swap the intelligence dot to either perception of wits you'll have my votes. Intelligence isn't really used for many rolls and is generally only important if your character theme is built around lore or occult. Wits and Perception on the other hand come up in a lot of practical situations including combat both regular and social.
Done.

[X] Plan Anasurimbor

To the people not familiar with exalted dexterity is the best physical stat because it both decides combat accuracy and your defense value. In exalted your roll a number of dice to attack and compare the number of successes to the targets static defense value. The number of sucesses over the value get added to your damage. This means that dexterity dice get added to your damagae at a usually one damage for every 2 dots of dexterity and since it is used to calculate your defense value will decrease damage you take by on average the same amount of one damage reduced for each two dots of dexterity.

In combat strength is only relevant for adding to your attack damage and only contributes to it at twice the rate dexterity does.

Stamina's main contribution is also to your defense in the form of soak (which reduces damage) however it only defends against bashing damage better than dexterity and lethal at the same rate (on average). It is also used for knockback and stunning rules but many players ignore those rules and they only come into play if you have taken damage and since exalted characters have so little health if you are taking damage it is probably the end of the line for you anyway. Lastly it can be used in a (stamina+resistance) roll to stop bleeding through sheer willpower but unless you have a massive wound from a single attack you can get by with just one or two dots in both when augmented by willpower or stunts and do it after the battle is over.

This is before you factor in that in high level combat it is pretty easy to get enough damage dice in a single attack (even with low strength) to instantly kill any character that isn't built entirely around having as much soak as possible and even then the soak gained from stamina won't matter as much as charms and armor. The high lethality of an attack means not getting hit in the first place is the best defense which means maximizing dexterity which at the same time makes you better at hitting your foes.

Social combat works a lot like normal combat where you are using either charisma or manipulation as dexterity, with no strength of stamina equivalent. The reason appearance is important is that it provides a penalty(or bonus) to defense value based on how pretty you are in comparison to the person being attacked or attacking you. The difference between the appearances is subtracted from the mental defense value directly. Since mental defense value is calculated with (social attribute+socail ability)/2 this means that every dot of appearance is worth two dots of the appropriate social attribute. It is still best to have both but being pretty can make you auto win against non social focused ugly people.

Wits is for street smarts or being clever. Generals use wits, teamwork uses wits.

Made some edits to the stat block spread for attributes by spending bonus points to BUY attribute dot in Mental Stat block, also edited Physical Stat block

Thanks for doing that, I didn't catch my extra point and I didn't mean to cause the minor kerfluffles that followed.. So to be clear: Your Tanuki plan includes a 4bp dot in mental stats. Leaving 11bp if your plan wins.

Also Tally time! Because vote closes at noon time today (EST)

[X]Plan Skitzy (I didn't expect anyone to vote for this, I just made a format example with what I thought were appropriate numbers.)
Votes: Tsotate, unsafejakal (2)

[X]Plan Swift
Votes: SwiftRosenthal, (1)

[X]Plan Bii
Votes: Biigoh, mishie, AZATHOTHoth, Happerry, 1986ctcel (5)

[X]Plan evildice
Votes: evildice, (1)

[X]Plan Anasurimbor
Votes: Anasurimbor, Lon, burningclaw2, cyberswordsmen (4)

=====

I find it funny that Bii uses Plan Bii, my mind then goes 'if Plan Ayy doesn't work out well go with Plan Bii.' I giggle everytime I see it.

[X] Plan Bii

Plan Anasurimbor is a little too minimaxed for me. Also if we ever want to use our old identity as Theo then it will be a little awkward to explain how we suddenly became the most handsome man on earth.

Switching, since plan Bii uses bp in the wrong phase of chargen.

[X]Plan Anasurimbor

[X]Plan Anasurimbor

It's close enough and stands a chance, unlike my own.

Vote closed!

[X]Plan Skitzy (I didn't expect anyone to vote for this, I just made a format example with what I thought were appropriate numbers.)
Votes: Tsotate, unsafejakal (0)

[X]Plan Swift
Votes: SwiftRosenthal, (0)

[X]Plan Bii
Votes: Biigoh, mishie, AZATHOTHoth, Happerry, 1986ctcel, TheAlec (5)

[X]Plan evildice
Votes: evildice, (0)

[X]Plan Anasurimbor
Votes: Anasurimbor, Lon, burningclaw2, cyberswordsmen, SwiftRosenthal, Tsotate, evildice, unsafejakal, AZATHOTHoth (9)

Next round is attributes! You have 28 dots, of which 10 MUST be spent on caste or favored abilities. No ability can be raised above a 3 until BP spending time. Please do so in the following format:

[X] Plan Example with silly names and algebra type variables that would be replaced with actual ability names and numbers in your plans.

[X] Caste:
Bureaucracy a
Linguistics b
Drive c
Sail d
Total = e

[X] Favored:
Skill f
Skills g
Skilled h
Talented i
Skillz j
Total = k

[X] Not caste/favored
Trippy l
Sweaty m
Total = n

Then take a chance to talk up your plan, and why you want people to vote for it. Things like Charms you think are essential. A place where we could spend BP so you can snag a super cool charm. Or certain abilities to shore up our physical combat.

=====
Voting will close in the evening, so we can have plenty of weekend time to work out charms, background, virtues (all in one round), intimacies, and bonus points (in the last round).

I think I'm going to start calling the vote closed and then doing the tally or formating. :confused:

Next round is attributes! You have 28 dots, of which 10 MUST be spent on caste or favored abilities. No ability can be raised above a 3 until BP spending time. Please do so in the following format:
That's no longer true. Here's the relevant errata:

Scroll of Errata said:
Exalted Character Creation (pp. 73-85)
The following adjustments should be made for the creation of Exalted characters. These changes apply in whole to Solar, Abyssal and Infernal Exalted. Those marked by an asterisk also apply to Dragon-Blooded, Lunar, Sidereal and Alchemical Exalted character creation.
• Players may raise any of their character's Abilities to five without spending bonus points.
• Players receive four specialties to distribute amongst their character's Abilities.*
• Virtue dots may be purchased for 1 bonus point each. However, Willpower is calculated independently of Virtues.*
• Characters begin with Willpower rated at 5. Willpower may be increased at a cost of 1 bonus point per dot.*
• Characters may start with (Willpower + Compassion) Intimacies without spending bonus points.*
• When selecting Charms, players no longer need to choose at least five Charms from Caste or Favored abilities. The character may start with any ten Charms she meets the prerequisites for.
• Charms cost 4 bonus points, or 3 if they come from a Caste or Favored Ability.
• Players receive 18 bonus points at character creation.*

For Favored skills, I'm thinking Melee (top swording, like the previous Anders generations), War (Empire leadership), Presence (leadership, harem), any Daybreak ability except Craft, and Athletics or Stealth or Resistance. Martial Arts would be fun, but neither Abyssal style allows sword use.

Switching, since plan Bii uses bp in the wrong phase of chargen.

I take it that you have NEVER done exalted chargen as per the books because the notations for bonus points is that you can spend them at any time.

I was going to allow it. Because the rule book does state: 'Bonus points (15) may be spent at any time during character creation.' pg 90. I was just asking Bii to make sure.

That's no longer true. Here's the relevant errata:

For Favored skills, I'm thinking Melee (top swording, like the previous Anders generations), War (Empire leadership), Presence (leadership, harem), any Daybreak ability except Craft, and Athletics or Stealth or Resistance. Martial Arts would be fun, but neither Abyssal style allows sword use.

I seem to be missing that part of the Errata. The scroll only seems to go to pg 42. But the Anathema program I'm running in the background right now agrees with the what you posted. But I had been planning to use and have been working from the core books, because it keeps all the information together. The White/Black Treatise(if needed), Core Book, MoEP: Abyssals.

Oh, and just a couple of cherry picked things from Shards.

Then take a chance to talk up your plan, and why you want people to vote for it. Things like Charms you think are essential. A place where we could spend BP so you can snag a super cool charm. Or certain abilities to shore up our physical combat.

A few things for people to keep in mind.

It's a VERY good idea to keep in mind what CHARMS you want and that bonus points spending is the ONLY way at this time for you to get certain charms minimums.

Some of the good charms you guys want WILL require Essence 3, and Ability 4-5.

Essence 3 costs you 7 bonus points to get, while EACH DOT of ABILITIES costs you 2 bonus points to get UNLESS it's Favored or Caste abilities (THESE are 1 bonus point per dot).

Please PAY ATTENTION to the fact of what ability is your CASTE, and your FAVORED ability.

Also, Presence is NOT about leadership or Harem (it's about being physically imposing to the point where you can KILL people attacking you without doing a thing, also about looking sexy). Bureaucracy requires that you KILL people to improve the bureaucracy you're in charge of, clogging up other bureaucracy doesn't require killing, but interactions. Socialize is about shaping of the Social Groups you're a part of... also involves KILLING people to do so.

Since we are trying to lead a large group, I would generally favor Performance over Presence. I would prefer Firearms, but Melee is always a solid choice. Probably more appropriate for Theo too.

And I have found the 2.5 errata. For future exalted quests, I may use it, but not this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back