• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Still kind of funny when Lex does come up, because Paul was getting through to him. Paul just gave up when he was most of the way there, without bothering to figure out why Lex was reluctant to defect from The Light. It wouldn't have even been hard to figure out that Lex was worried he was being subtly influenced by orange light fuckery.

10th October 2012
02:12 GMT

Drift left, slight descent, meet eyes, nod and switch hands…

I don't know about Thanagar itself, but it turns out that Havania has ballroom dancing.
Ah, Ballroom Dancing. A fine tradition of nobility, and damn challenging sport. Nothing like seeing a whole party moving in synchronised patterns, especially if you're just watching on. I bet there' a military aspect to it for Thanagarians too. The coordination needed to avoid colliding with other pairs probably helps on the battlefield...

Proceed and wheel, drift back and switch hands again…

Aerial ballroom dancing, which includes quite a lot of precise wing movements as well as motions of the arms and legs.
...That must look spectacular. Rings of moving duos, flitting about each others in elaborate reels... Slowly shedding as partners flag and wear out...

Hold your partner close and rise, rotating in synchronicity as you stare into their eyes…

And the third place couple drop out, prompting Jade and I to bow our heads and press our foreheads together as we drop out to avoid a clearly tainted victory. Because while there's no actual rule against airborne aliens taking part in what isn't strictly a competitive event, they're flying by precisely controlling their wings and Nth metal nodes while we're using a power ring and kinetic belt respectively. While it wasn't easier for us to match our motions than it was for the rest of the… Um, flock? It didn't get progressively more tiring as it did for them.
Yeah, given your gear is thought-controlled and lets you flat-out levitate, it would be a bit cheeky. Though imagine the competition on Earth if that kind of thing caught on. :p

We touch down at the edge of the circle marking out the area for the 'dance-duel', linking arms as we head for one of the chaise lounges around the edge of the room. The third place couple are flaking out near by, friends or admirers commiserating them as they fan them with their wings. The man makes a play of it, spreading his arms and wings, loosening his jacket and panting to lose accumulated heat as quickly as possible to the laughter of the observers.
I can imagine the area being a bit steamier than usual. That many bodies, moving that closely and energetically?

The woman wilts a little more quietly, right hand clenching is frustration. Though a quick flash of empathic vision shows that she's mildly frustrated at coming close to winning and not quite getting there, rather than as part of some long-running grudge. Long running serious grudge, perhaps I should say.
Ah, just a bit of friendly rivalry with the winner. :confused: Why am I picturing Betty, Veronica Archie and Reggie as Thanagarians?

The winners descend into the centre of the room, leaning on each others though trying to make it look like they could carry on all evening if they had to. A collective cry goes up, and everyone around the edge of the room makes an arms raised hands together gesture of salute, the younger couples keeping their arms raised for several seconds while the older participants drop it almost immediately. Bleez herself heads into the centre of the room with a ceremonial chalice which she hands to the victors, the woman taking a small drink before passing it to the man, who takes another small drink before passing it back.
Seriously, the competitive form is amazingly stressful. Ever see Strictly Ballroom? Apparently it's pretty damn accurate about the behind-the-scenes stuff.... ( :eek: And good lord, that was thirty years ago? I feel old.)

I don't really know what any of that's about, but it's fascinating to watch.

Bleez leans in to say something to the victors, glancing our way and nodding her head to the side. That's our signal, then.
Hmm. Perhaps an old tradition involving the winners being partners in other ways, maybe.

I scan the room and the castle beyond, and the grounds beyond that. No infiltrators that I can detect, no obvious red flags amongst the staff -other than her mother, who put in a token appearance and retired early after introducing Bleez to an unusually tall fellow from the local defence force- and no sign of electronic monitoring beyond the internal security mechanisms. Jade and I went through the place before the party but it wasn't impossible that someone could have snuck something in.
I don't doubt their security staff takes their job seriously... Still, having the extra eye on things helps.

With the event over and the participants mostly recovered, the guests begin to circulate once more. A few head outside to take advantage of the castle's gardens. The flowers there certainly look nice, and I'm sure that the arrangements are in exquisite taste, but the whole things smells decidedly… Off, to a human nose.

I nod back to Bleez, then arm in arm Jade and I walk out of the dance room and head deeper into the castle.
I don't doubt there'll be some naughtier meetings taking place out there. Especially in little private grottos made for just that purpose...

"That was a change of pace."

"Are you interested in formal dancing?"
To be fair, the kind of 'dancing' she was raised with was more... martial.

"No, but I think I could live with doing it every now and then."

"Noted."
...Suuure. Just as long as you don't have to get out there and dance, right?

"And that doesn't mean 'once a month' or 'twice a year'."

"Also noted.""So, three times a year?"
:rolleyes: Always got to poke the sore spots, huh, OL?

She's facing away from me so I miss what is probably an eye roll, but I do spot the slight hitch in her breathing.

"I'll tell you when."
On the other hand, I'm sure this is exactly what the people listening to them expect to hear.

"I feel this is a very stereotypical conversation."

"So you want an exact figure."
;) ...What, you expected them to be able to have a private conversation? Shyeah, right.

"I don't need an exact figure, but it might be helpful in getting you what you want if I know what it is."

"I thought you always know what I want."

"Only if I make a point of looking, and I know it makes you uncomfortable."
Plus, it's probably been a little more distracting, if he's still been having trouble keeping other people's emotions out of his network, like he did after his last respawn. It's probably even harder when it's someone he's so closely bonded to already.

We slow to a stop just in front of a large portrait of… Yes, Bleez's family when she was younger. Her father stands tall and proud while her mother plays… Something, with her in the foreground. Her father's sidearm is the only piece of advanced technology on obvious display.

"Interesting that they still do paintings."
Much like the dancing, there's always a place for older arts. It's not like photography killed painting.

"They probably keep the holograms somewhere private."

"Lex Luthor has a hallway lines with photographs on the way to his apartment."
...Of himself? I mean, I know Lex is narcissistic, but...

She glances at me. "Spying on the opposition?"

"He invited me to dinner once. Me and a few others."
Albeit a rather tense dinner...

"When was that?"

"The week after I joined with the Ophidian." I sigh quietly. "Back when I still thought that he could be talked around."
Admittedly, it almost worked. If only he'd been a little more trusting...

"Aiming high."

"Aimed high. Really thought I could get through to him." I shrug. "Not to be. So do you want to know about it if there's ballroom dancing somewhere we happen to be?"
:confused: ...But it wouldn't be Lex if he weren't as paranoid as he is narcissistic.

"Yes, let's go with that."

"Excuse me!"
Ooh, what great timing for an interruption!

Jade and I uncouple and turn, the tall Thanagarian apparently having gotten away from his handler. Kran Kral is apparently 'a noble officer with good prospects'. And he's certainly tall. He's actually a little taller than me, and noticeably broader. According to local files he's from one of the newer colonies, first generation born there.

"Yes? How can we help?"
Keep in mind, OL is easily six feet, barefoot. So Kral's a big guy...

"You both dance well for people who haven't seen a Thanagarian dance until recently. What it really just today?"

"Princess Bleez was kind enough to lend us her dance instructor."
And in OL's case, a bit of ring-aided learning? Jade probably took to it like a duck to water, like she does nearly anything...

"And it's not really the same when you're not using your own wings. Didn't feel like taking part yourself?"

He wing-shrugs. "The Princess Regnant intimated that Princess Bleez would be my date. That… That doesn't appear to be happening, and in any case as the hostess it would be impolite for her to take part."
True. Win and there'd be accusations of favouritism. Lose, and she'd get a roasting from her mother...

"As I understand it, Bleez's ideas about what Bleez wants and her mother's ideas about what Bleez wants are distant acquaintances at best. If you actually want to pursue a relationship with her then I suggest not seeking her mother's favour."

"Oh." He frowns. "I hadn't realised. I…" He shrugs again, looking slightly awkward. "I actually intended to ask if you were involved with her. And when you intended to break it off. But if you're not, then I suppose that I only have my own poor reconnaissance to blame."
Such is the minefield of noble courtship and marriages... Especially when those involved aren't entirely interested in each other.

"This is Jade, my fiancé."

Jade nods. "Hello."
...Ouch. Someone's got egg on their face. Though I honestly can't remember when they formalised matters. Or was he just saying that to soften the blow to Kral's... Pride? Ego? Reputation?

"Oh." He makes a submissive gesture with his wings. "I apologise. That is what I get for relying on rumours."

"Bleez is an interesting woman, but…" I shake my head. "I don't think it would work. Really, if you're serious, she's the one you need to talk to."
What, actually talk to his intended, rather than rely on go-betweens? :D How... Cosmopolitan!

Well, the people you meet at these parties... I doubt he's really a contender for Bleez's hand, but it could be interesting to see how she reacts. Especially if OL invites him to join them for their little private meeting with Bleez, which I assume was what her signal meant. It'll be interesting to see what's been happening in the two or three days we skipped there...

He was genuinely tempted by what OL was offering, but he missed out due to his rampant paranoia over the SI's orange light powers potentially influencing him.
He actively sent Paragon an offer of alliance that Paragon completely missed because it didn't involve Luthor just going along with what Paragon wanted.

I think I get why the Thanagarian Empire might aim for a monoculture now. A couple decades of traditional dances getting discarded by Thanagarian youths and all sorts of undignified dance styles will pop up! Chances are at least one of them will end up empowering their Seven Devils or will please Queen Hyathis.

What could have been

Thank you, corrected.
Side note, I am now rooting for this thanagarian dude. Feels like a genuine sort. And as a first generation from one of the newer colonies, he might be more amenable to Bleez's reforms than someone born and bred in the seat of Thanagar's power.
Hah! No. The new colonies are hardcore militarist.

On a completely different note. Can anyone point me to the starro chapters? what with Irish visiting and all I am trying, and failing badly, to remember how that went down in what I shall call the 'with this ring original timeline'

I scan the room and the castle beyond, and the grounds beyond that. No infiltrators that I can detect, no obvious red flags amongst the staff -other than her mother, who put in a token appearance and retired early after introducing Bleez to an unusually tall fellow from the local defence force- and no sign of electronic monitoring beyond the internal security mechanisms. Jade and I went through the place before the party but it wasn't impossible that someone could have snuck something in.
Not even pretending to be 'on holiday' any more I see.
"I thought you always know what I want."

"Only if I make a point of looking, and I know it makes you uncomfortable."
I question the wisdom of trying to become intimate with someone who regards fundamental aspects of your existence uncomfortable.

right hand clenching is frustration. Though a quick flash of empathic vision

'clenching in'

The winners descend into the centre of the room, leaning on each others thoug

'on each other'

than her mother, who put in a token appearance and retired early after introducing Bleez to an unusually tall fellow from the local defence force

Why do I get the feeling this is foreshadowing for something.

"Interesting that they still do paintings

Hey, art forms can live for centuries.

"Lex Luthor has a hallway lined with photographs on the way to his apartment

I sometimes forget about your crush on him.

He was genuinely tempted by what OL was offering, but he missed out due to his rampant paranoia over the SI's orange light powers potentially influencing him

And the funny thing is that Luthor isn't completely wrong.

I think being around OL influences people to follow their desires more.

Ah, just a bit of friendly rivalry with the winner. :confused: Why am I picturing Betty, Veronica Archie and Reggie as Thanagarians

Now I'm picturing a winged humanoid alien showing up on Riverdale.

It wouldn't be the stupidest thing to happen on that show.

...Of himself? I mean, I know Lex is narcissistic, but

He also a painting made by Hitker.

:confused: ...But it wouldn't be Lex if he weren't as paranoid as he is narcissistic

Nope, it wouldn't be him.

..Ouch. Someone's got egg on their face. Though I honestly can't remember when they formalised matters

I don't think they did it before now.

Previously he just referred to Jade as his girlfriend or paramour.

If Ophidian!Paul thought he could turn Luthor around, then doesn't that mean that he saw something he believed he could exploit or push to make it happen? I'd think that what he saw then, even when he wasn't really thinking straight, would be the same as what he could see now with his Empathic Vision. Has he checked on Luthor lately? Things might have changed to make him more amenable to overtures.

I never understood why someone with the ability to think rationally never just went up to Luthor and said, "Hey, Lex! You want to be humanity's savior? I can help ya out. First, let's do all the stuff Superman can't, like cure cancer. That's at least seven Nobel Prizes for you. Then we'll solve the world energy issues, and follow that up with fixing the environment. Let Superman punch bad guys. You'll save humanity!"

I'd think an approach like that would work for... at least 40% of the Lex's out there, and the YJ Lex (and this version) seems reasonable enough to see the merit in such a plan.

Has he checked on Luthor lately? Things might have changed to make him more amenable to overtures.

No, I don't think he has.

And I doubt Luthor will be more amenable now.

After Paul was frosty with him during the Manga Khan incident, Luthor may be more careful now that any friendship he and Paul shared is gone.

doesn't that mean that he saw something he believed he could exploit or push to make it happen? I'd think that what he saw then, even when he wasn't really thinking straight, would be the same as what he could see now with his Empathic Vision

Paul may be able to see things in Luthor, but that doesn't mean he can use what he knows in a practical way.

rationally never just went up to Luthor and said, "Hey, Lex! You want to be humanity's savior? I can help ya out. First, let's do all the stuff Superman can't, like cure cancer. That's at least seven Nobel Prizes for you. Then we'll solve the world energy issues, and follow that up with fixing the environment. Let Superman punch bad guys. You'll save humanity

The problem with this is that both sides need to be rational.

The person talking to Luthor can be so logical that he makes Vulcans seem like babies, but if the other person isn't logical or has some deep flaws, like paranoia, then the chances of anything working can be minimal.

Paul already offered Lex everything he could want.

He offered to get rid of the rest of the Lighr, he offered to make sure that Luthor isn't found to be connected to them, he offered to help him uplift humanity.

Paul offered everything to Luthor, but due to Luthor's flaws, he turned it down.

Both sides need to be rational for it to work.

No, Paragon offered Lex everything Paragon thought Lex wanted based on the fanon ideal of Lex Paragon had built in his head.

At which point when Luthor took home the offer, thought it over, and sent a veiled counter proposal to Paragon, Paragon completely wrote him off because he was too up his own ass to realize it, and it was Paragon's way or the highway.

Given Kran Kral's reaction it seems like OL and Jade engaged in a

Mr Zoat, I found a few broken pictures.
My first instinct is to take the piss. Something about clubbing her over the head and dragging her back to his cave. But… That's a bad idea here. I remember reading the comic where Da Bomb actually tried that with Power Girl… Plus, me taking the piss is just going to push him away.

Thomas boggles for a moment, blinks, then shakes his head as if trying to dislodge the image I just put there
In each quote, the first picture works, but the second one doesn't

No, I don't think he has.

And I doubt Luthor will be more amenable now.

After Paul was frosty with him during the Manga Khan incident, Luthor may be more careful now that any friendship he and Paul shared is gone.

Paul may be able to see things in Luthor, but that doesn't mean he can use what he knows in a practical way.

The problem with this is that both sides need to be rational.

The person talking to Luthor can be so logical that he makes Vulcans seem like babies, but if the other person isn't logical or has some deep flaws, like paranoia, then the chances of anything working can be minimal.

He offered to get rid of the rest of the Lighr, he offered to make sure that Luthor isn't found to be connected to them, he offered to help him uplift humanity.

Paul offered everything to Luthor, but due to Luthor's flaws, he turned it down.

Both sides need to be rational for it to work.

Paul didnt offer Lex everything he wanted. There is also an issue in assuming Lex is irrational because he refused. There are rational reasons to reject a deal that is in your best interest such as because you dont trust the other party. Like how Paragon acts so hard against the Reach.

Paragon gives far too much away in deals and that can be offputting. Most people have ulterior motives and a good deal being offered directly is questionable. Someone in a good position doesnt take a deal like that.

Not to mention that Paragon, while somewhat rational, does not operate on human logic. His priorities are incredibly skewed and his mental processes are very different. Not to mention how much raw power he is capable of influencing. Just look at all the stuff he is able to pull together and influence, it displays incredible cunning. But literally almost everyone in business and politics with that level of intelligence will show more tact and secrecy regarding true motives. Because concealing your motives can help you get a better deal if they dont know how bad you want it.

You can trust someone with a rational goal that sometimes self-sabotages out of that pursuit. But someone seemingly straighrforward can be hiding some hidden scheme. The best lies are the ones you cant see.

He also failed to recognize just how much Lex wants to show up Superman for example. The sheer irrational dislike for Superman. If OL had wanted to make a 3rd side, that even would have been a better deal. Lex can deal with the Light because he understands Supervillains, he cant understand Paragon.

And Paragon really gave up way too fast. It takes time ans good faith exchanges to really establish sincerity. He met with Lex only a few times really. He gave his full pitch after less than a year. And after the Light had triumphed at New Years. Even now OL is completely ignorant of the scheme cooked up by the Light. Frankly the Light has been completely off the grid since Satanus got yoinked on that trip to hell. No real indication of their current composition or what they are up to. No idea who has replaced Bee or Satanus. And no clues as to what they are doing. Especially since their future Partner is going to have some issues with infiltration with OL around.

But the Light is long term on a scale that Paragon still cant really see. Although that is with canon Vandal as opposed to the shortsighted one who almost destroyed the world in Renegade timeline.

No real indication of their current composition or what they are up to. No idea who has replaced Bee or Satanus.
The latest Word of Zoat is that Savitar and Boss Smiley are members. Not sure if they've added others since then. If yes, my best guess is Circe. Mr Zoat, if it's not too much of a spoiler, can we get a list of the Light's current members in both timelines? Also, how long until Mary and Lieutenant Marvel join the Team?

The latest Word of Zoat is that Savitar and Boss Smiley are members. Not sure if they've added others since then. If yes, my best guess is Circe. Mr Zoat, if it's not too much of a spoiler, can we get a list of the Light's current members in both timelines? Also, how long until Mary and Lieutenant Marvel join the Team?

The Light in the Renegade timeline include the Renegade, Luthor, Cranius, Shade, Circe, Adom and that queen from Venturia.

Workhorse (part 17)
10th October 2012
02:17 GMT

The next painting in the gallery depicts one of Bleez's ancestors dressed in what I suspect is Thanagarian survey gear. There's a landing craft in the background and what I suspect is the future site of the castle in the background. The land is roughly the right shape, though I don't know how much they built it up before starting construction.

"What did he mean, 'when you intended to break it off'?"

"Havanian succession is hereditary. I imagine that he was assuming that humans and thanagarians can't reproduce together."

"Or that dalliances with aliens might be considered a sign of aristocratic eccentricity, but marrying one would be more serious."

"There's no danger of that. Though -ironically- the Thanagarian government would probably be fine with that, because it would tie me to the area. The opposition would come from local parties."

"How would a human man get Bleez pregnant?"

Jade's keeping her attention firmly on the painting. Ra's seems like the sort who'd include a course on art appreciation, but my own abilities to analyse paintings haven't improved since getting a good look at an original Adolf Hitler. Obviously they're laying claim to descent from the first people to explore Havania, implying that their rulership was destiny from that moment. But beyond that? There are objects and pieces of equipment which seem slightly out of place and probably have all sorts of significance, but…

"When a man and a woman-."

"Really?"

"It's practically required. And that's more or less how it happens: arcane inertia. The magic systems of Earth that all presently existing humans carry within them know as a result of millions of generations that male and female humanoids having sex produces babies. Mere biology stands no chance against that sort of magic."

She turns her head slightly, just far enough to look at me.

"Is that really how it works?"

"It's hard to test without…" I shrug. "Getting a lot of people interested in conceiving with alien partners together and… Getting them to give it a try in a mystically regulated environment."

"So the first time the tamaraneans visit."

I nod. "So the first time the tamaraneans visit. I mean, I'll warn them that it can happen, but they're not… Good at restraint." I shrug, smiling. "If you can't be good, be safe. And if you can't do that, would you mind wearing this arm band so that we can monitor the process?"

"How do you know that? Because if you're working up to telling me that Princess really is your daughter, this is a really roundabout way of doing it."

"While it's not impossible that the Queen got hold of a sample of my DNA and used that… Somehow, the Queen isn't humanoid, and isn't physiologically… Even if I'd gotten right up to the base-"

I make a grasping motion with both arms.

"-of her third leg, it wouldn't-."

There are footsteps a short distance behind us, and we turn to see that Ambassador Klus has joined us.

"Illustres. Darkstar."

I nod politely. "Ambassador. I'm sorry, I'd have greeted you sooner but I didn't see your name on the guest list..?"

"I'm here on government business. Once we were notified that you were in the Thanagarian Empire and appeared to be staying in one place, I was tapped to speak with you."

"I'm on holiday."

He doesn't look entirely convinced. "Really?"

Jade doesn't look convinced either. "He's trying." … "We're trying."

"And why did the Thanagarian government dispatch you?"

"Given your interactions with us to date, we felt it best that we ensure there aren't any more 'Hawkwoman' incidents."

"Hawkwoman incidents?"

His one remaining eye stares at me for several moments.

"You aren't aware, are you."

"Ah. I called her a coward, she challenged me to a duel, she lost, we're trying to avoid each other? Aside from the visit here, anyway."

"You're not. Obviously human duelling traditions are different, but I'm a little surprised that no one has said anything to you."

"About what?"

He walks a little closer and drapes his arms over the gallery railings.

"About the extent of your insult to her."

"Well, yes, martial culture, obviously she wouldn't take being called a coward well. I don't take my friends being enslaved well."

"No, not that. Your conduct in the duel, and afterwards."

I frown. "Was I supposed to kill her or something?"

"Or something." He straightens up. "You apparently don't understand why she was duelling you. It wasn't because she wanted to force you to take your accusation back; it was to disprove it, both to you and to her. You're an Illustres; she didn't think she could beat you in a fight. She wanted to prove that she was prepared to face an unbeatable foe without flinching. And what did you do?"

He gestures towards me with arms and wings.

"Rather than presenting an unbeatable foe, you used the minimum amount of force possible in an attempt to spare her injury. You treated her like an adolescent sparring with a tutor. You put her on the ground without injuring her, repeatedly, and only started injuring her when the referee told you it was required, all the time asking him to call off the fight. Implying that you found her attempts to prove herself irrelevant. And then you tried to surrender as if she was an irrational child acting out, not a warrior on the verge of reclaiming her pride."

"None of what you're saying makes me think I was wrong."

He looks away. "Of course it doesn't." He shakes his head before returning his attention to me. "And then the ultimate insult. Among thanagarians, in a fight like that the two parties would meet afterwards. She would acknowledge that you were right about her previous behaviour, and you would acknowledge that she had overcome that weakness."

"The moral cowardice I accused her of isn't the same as craven cowardice. Fighting an obvious enemy didn't prove-."

"Do you remember what you said to Katar Hol when he suggested visiting her?"

"Yes. I don't forget things. I said that I intended to avoid her because I didn't want her to decide to try and carry on fighting."

"And thus implying that you thought she fought you not over a point of principle, but because she was a berserker whose only thought was to mindlessly throw herself against you. There wasn't anything worse you could have said. So rather than resolving your conflict, you managed to continue it. And that's why the Thanagarian government sent me. My superiors are worried about what you might tear down next."

Last edited:
"It's practically required. And that's more or les how it happens: arcane inertia. The magic systems of Earth that all presently existing humans carry within them know as a result of millions of generations that male and female humanoids having sex that it produces babies. Mere biology stands no chance against that sort of magic."
That should say 'less'. Also, I think that sentence would work better if you remove 'that it' .

"Do you remember what you said to Katar Hol when he suggesting visiting her?"

"Yes. I don't forget things. I said that I intended to avoid her because I didn't want her to decide to try and carry on fighting."

"And thus implying that you thought she fought you not over a point of principle, but because she was a berserker who's only thought was to mindlessly throw herself against you. There wasn't anything worse you could have said. So rather than resolving your conflict, you managed to continue it. And that's why the Thanagarian government sent me. My superiors are worried about what you might tear down next."
That is an interesting way of showing culture clash; how one thing that's considered an insignificant matter by someone could mean the world to someone else. Will Paul get that animosity removed, or is it far too late, and they (meaning Hawkwoman) should just learn to live with it?

How would a human man get Bleez pregnant?"

Well when a man and woman love each other, or are very drunk, or one is forcing themselves on the other, or one is gay but is too afraid to acknowledge it and needs to sleep with a member of the opposite gender to prove that they're not gay...

Obviously they're laying claim to descent from the first people to explore Havania, implying that their rulership was destiny from that moment. But beyond that? There are objects and pieces of equipment which seem slightly out of place and probably have all sorts of significance, but

It could just be as a way to record history.

When a man and a woman-."

"Really?"

Hah!

Mere biology stands no chance against that sort of magic."

Assuming that it's carried out in a magic rich environment.

Though it may not work for you given your unusual situation.

And if you can't so that

'do that'

Because if you're working up to telling that that Princess really is your daughter

'telling me that'

Because if you're working up to telling that that Princess really is your daughter, this is a really roundabout way of doing it."

Paul has a habit of being roundabout.

"While it's not impossible that the Queen got hold of a sample of my DNA and used that… Somehow, the Queen isn't humanoid, and isn't physiologically… Even if I'd gotten right up to the base

The Queen may not be humanoid but she is basically a walking genetic engineering lab and can work with humanoid DNA.

"I'm on holiday."

He doesn't look entirely convinced

To be fair you're not very convincing.

Katar Hol when he suggesting visiting her?"

'suggested'

My superiors are worried about what you might tear down next."

That's fair.

Even without Paul's lack of knowledge on Thanagarian customs, he has a habit of tearing things down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back