1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Oh I'm not supporting it. Just showing where the misconception could have started.
    The not sure if it's true part was just because it's a wiki and not a direct source.

Cuchulin likes this.
  2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This should be "563"

3. DeathReaperZ

DeathReaperZ In the Void.

Good to know, although it wouldn't have been surprising.
    Hey, you never know. Does Darkseid use the Omega Effect to clean the shit from his ass?

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, one one thousandth of a year has passed.
    Edit: Or rather, one ten thousandth.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I repeat... Tau female have boobs...

MOD EDIT - You MIGHT wanna find a SFW Tau female pic

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2023
  6. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Zoat posted what he was using for a female. Not certain if there are any boobs there, but does it really matter? I mean, sure, if motor-boating or paizuri is a requirement, then it matters. But otherwise?

And this is Paul. We've seen him simp on Superboy and mate with a Transformer. I don't think he's the type to care about breasts.

Vorian, Ardy, Cuchulin and 1 other person like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget the spider.

Or that time he was inside a giant plant.

8. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Or Ultramar.

Vaermina likes this.
  9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The funny thing?

This wasn't even a real Hive world.

Because real Hive Worlds are basically gothic Cyberpunk dystopia's and this read more like one of the regressed Hive cities that you find on some mostly abandoned border world.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Massgamer

Which to be fair, isn't that most Imperial worlds near the Tau border?

Ardy, Vaermina and Cuchulin like this.
  11. Threadmarks: Xenopsychology (part 10)
    Mr Zoat

6 564 941.M41

One nice thing about the older kor'vattra ships is that they have lounges and function rooms designed to be comfortable meeting places. Rounded tables capable of being raised or lowered to whatever height was appropriate for the tau's guests, and soft backless seats that were the designer's best guess for the widest variety of possible new friends. Because, naturally, the aliens they would encounter when the tau first flew into deep space would -barring unfortunate misunderstanding- be friendly and open to the idea of the Greater Good.

Kor'or'vesh ships are built with different principles in mind.

Tsua'm lowers herself into one of the tau-friendly chairs next to a low-set table, an alien seat opposite her already adjusting itself to what the ship's AI has listed as a me-appropriate height. I wait for it to stop and lock itself in place before sitting down myself.

"So where did you want to-?"

"Why me?"

"As.. opposed to..?"

"A human, from an enculturated world, perhaps? Or… Miss Lantern?"

"Ah… Degree of social interaction? We haven't spent a significant amount of time on a world like that, and it wouldn't make sense to base ourselves on one. Which means that unless I… Ask for some people to get brought to Lar'shi, which is a pointless use of resources unless there was another reason to bring them or I somehow knew that one was a perfect match for me."

"There is a motion which gets brought before the Eugenics Board at periodic intervals to expand their remit to other species. So far, they have always decided that outside of overt mutation, they simply don't know enough about alien biology to perform their usual duties."

"Tau castes pretty much require that sort of thing. If you were going to set up an equivalent thing for human-inhabited worlds… Well, you couldn't, the populations are too high, but you'd need a new organisation rather than one that would try imposing things that make sense for tau onto humans. And it would make more sense to monitor for psychic potential rather than trying to maximise their capacity for a particular trade."

"Tau caste require that sort of thing because we find tau in other castes attractive."

"I'd love to see the statistics on that. I've got a few suspicions about why."

"Oh? Tell me. I would be interested in an alien perspective."

"Tau castes are based on the pre-unification tribal groups, right? The tribes had skills that lent themselves to particular activities, and T'au society went from simply having those characteristics to deliberately exaggerating them. But the tribes looked a lot more like each other than the modern day castes do, right?" She nods. "So the castes are a recent thing, and your brains haven't really adapted to them yet. It's the same as the reason why I find small furry things with big eyes appealing; human children are small and have relatively big eyes, and our evolutionary predecessors were furry."

"So our devotion to the Greater Good must fight against our mont'au instincts."

"Your brain is rigged to look for certain things in your mates. If I had to guess, I'd say that… Fire Caste and Earth Caste males were generally considered most attractive males, and… Water Caste females… And Maybe Ethereal females would be considered the most attractive females. And Air Caste were the least appealing of both sexes."

"Because they are the most divergent from our ancestral forms. Fire and Earth have traits which make them seem more male to the primitive parts of our brains. And… Water Caste…"

Her eyes blink rapidly as she considers the idea.

"I… Will attempt to confirm that when we arrive at T'au."

"Why bother?" I shrug. "Just take a load of facial images and ask everyone on board to rate their attractiveness. There's no need to look at people who actually broke the Eugenics Board's rules."

"But how does that apply to humans? You."

"You have the same softer skin and more rounded faces that a human female would compared to a human male. And none of the traits that would suggest poor health in a human."

"Blue skin is not the sign of a healthy human."

"No, but it's so unusual that our genes haven't adapted to encourage avoiding it outside of the 'avoid the strange' programming."

"And I am not strange?"

"Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis are tau. I've even picked up some of the language, and I'm terrible with languages. I guess I've just… Adapted." … "The humans being weird probably helped."

"So you are not attracted to Miss Lantern because as an Earth Caste female she has a more masculine appearance."

"It doesn't help. It's also because… When I spend time with her, it's more professional. It's a professional occasion. I spend more time with you socially. And even if we… My knowledge of physics isn't good enough to.. share her interests."

"And the females of Kais's squad have a similar impediment."

"'Impediment'?" I raise my eyebrows. "Is there some sort of contest going on that I don't know about?"

She shakes her head once. "No."

I slump theatrically. "Harsh."

For a moment she looks genuinely concerned, but I can see in her face the moment she grasps that it's a joke. And as she decides to use human body language, smiling and covering her mouth with her right hand.

"See? You get me. It's basically just you and Bo'ohk who can do that."

"I suppose that I do. How would it work?"

"We would spend more time together, engage in recreational activities together… It's not something I've done much, and from what you said about your mother's efforts to help you make contacts-" Her right hoof twitches. "-you hadn't either. So we'd be finding out together."

"That is not entirely true."

"Oh?"

"There are… Primitive human societies within the Tau Empire, where there have been… Ceremonial marriages between a member of the Water Caste and one of their people."

"I'm not planning on us being ceremonial."

"Officially ceremonial. It is.. not impossible, that things are… Different, in practice. Under the circumstances, I will request… Further information from those involved."

"Huh."

"It would be difficult. The Eugenics Board may not be so pushy as my mother, but I will be expected to have children at some point."

I shrug. "That's why I'm planning to ask for access to their full database. It should be perfectly possible for me to… Create a genetic sequence that's a tau-equivalent of me. If we… Got that far."

"And sex? I assume that you want to have sex with me. Our… Systems are not completely compatible."

"A nerve ending doesn't know how it's being stimulated. I think there are ways around what might be a problem, in a more primitive society. I am confident in my ability to satisfy your requirements."

"You have thought about it in depth?"

"I've thought about you in depth." She nods. "So? Further queries?"

"I believe-" She gets up. "-that my curiosity-" She walks around the table. "-must be satiated by more direct st-."

She tries to sit on my knees, misses, and ends up on the floor.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023
  12. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

BWahaha!

Time to go visit the NSWF part of the story!
    There WILL be a IPoE follow up to this right?

13. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Who's Miss Lantern?

14. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

Tau cannot into seduce

15. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And this is still early enough in their space-going era that some of that idealism hasn't completely been driven out of them by the Galaxy at large. Sadly, that is likely to change, no matter what happens. Because Grim-dark galaxy is grim-derp... :rolleyes:

Kor'or'vesh being more modern warships, of course. Plenty of big guns, armour and very few diplomatic allowances...

Getting straight to it, eh? No dancing around the subject, just right to it. How Fire-Caste of you.

Miss 'Lantern' being the Earth caste lady mentioned earlier with a noticeable affinity for Avarice... I don't think P'Aul's quite into muscle.

Probably a good thing, then. Imagine if they decided Ring aptitude could be bred.

Honestly, they do need someone looking for psychics in Human populations, now that there's no Administratum folks handling it.

Some things are just universal, of course...

Actually true. Smart guys have looked into it and everything. :p

Heh. Because ladies love their beef and gents enjoy the thicc. :D But those Air Caste skinnies? Deep in the Uncanny Valley, I guess.

Yep. And even you Etherals aren't immune. Which makes it interesting when you throw species like Humans into the mix.

For best results, don't have any identifying elements on the image to hint at Caste.

Of course, movement plays a big part too. No doubt Tau ladies have a nice swing when they walk... After all, plantigrade and ungulate feet in certain fandoms are sometimes stand-ins for high heels when it comes to posing or animation...

And exotic skin colours can tickle a certain xenophilic spot in some people. Technicolour space babes are a thing for a reason. :D

Heh. I'll bet.

Ah, just business on that front, eh?

...To be fair, Fire Caste females might take him as a challenge, somehow...

Aw, no betting pools about his love life?

Well, they have trained for years in Xenosociology. It's literally their job to understand other races' behaviour. Being able to employ that knowledge in more casual circumstances? Surely very enjoyable.

Ooh, there's a sore spot. Best not to poke that too often, P'Aul.

Because of course some Tau's already tried to date humans...

Ooh, how forward, P'Aul.

Hopefully in terms that won't leave her blushing to her hooves.

...The places this story goes, sometimes... :confused:

Like I said: Power Rings can overcome all manner of physical barriers. x3 Especially in matters of girth and length.

Though he's still thinking in acquisitive terms, not entirely romantic, I see.

Tau depth perception, folks! <Cue the laugh track!> :VAt least she ticks the 'clumsy girl' trait.

Well, that's gonna break the mood. And possibly the ice. As long as she didn't break a hip. :D Some very interesting details and ideas brought up in that little discussion, though. Not only the inter-species relationships, but the idea of inter-Caste attractions? I can't imagine what her requests for research materials would look like to her superiors...

Some corrections:
    ...ships is that their lounges and function rooms are designed to be comfortable meeting places.
    -barring unfortunate misunderstanding-
    "A human, from an enculturated world, perhaps?
    ...between a member of the Water Caste and one of their people."

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  16. deccan2008

deccan2008 Getting out there.

New Eros chapter next?

TodaBruh and moralrelativity like this.
  17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Please... Do this...

And then collect all the Psykers you can and try to keep them from the Imperium.

Because I would just love to see the Black Ships show up in force to show the Tau just how out matched they are in the universe.

KenNM, Doccer and Razorfloss like this.
  18. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah she is adorkable.

19. 0zymandias

0zymandias Making the rounds.

Can't P'ol do what Paragon did and just turn himself into Tau? If he wants it enough I don't see why can't just use the ring to change his genetic make up?

20. LZB1285

LZB1285 Getting sticky.

Is this "There has been" or "There is a"? Or is it T'au mangled english?

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

The earth caste researcher whose job it is to work out how his ring works.
    The water caste are actually pretty bad at that job. The diplomats in Fire Warrior didn't know what medals were, and actually managed to anger the Imperial Navy officers by treating them as decorative tassels.
    Thank you, corrected.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

"spent"

Well they both would have traits like being very muscular.

KenNM, Chojin Patriarch and Mr Zoat like this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Though with Psul there, they might keep their optimism longer.

Ehh, we saw with paragon that he can be attracted to muscular males.

Granted, it's possible that it only extends to males and while he may be attracted to athletic females, if they're too outside the range of what a human may consider to be traditionally feminine, then the attraction may not happen.

It kinda can be.

Remember Princess.

Renegade was the first to utilize this little feature.

24. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Okay... Even in a SFW section, this is still QQ. I need someone to explain why these systems aren't 'completely compatible'. I don't know enough about the tau to know how they get their bone on.

I'm all for xeno relations, but it has to be super weird to kiss a being on the mouth that doesn't have lips.

25. crazygrox

crazygrox Versed in the lewd.

It does occur to me that if this can be expanded to, for example, create the genetic sequence for a Fire Caste member that closely resembles a water caste member in the those aspects of physicality and personality that are not distinct to their caste, there may be some applications for the Eugenics board.
    Edit: might also have applications in engineering out random mutations caused by exposure to the warp or mutating substances. You can't use the prospective parents' current genes, so if you don't have pre-mutation ones on file you can use the closest approximation, and some mutants would, to avoid legal trouble.

If such a technique became widespread, or at least available to the wealthy, it may reduce the occurrence rate of resistance to Eugenics board dictates from people forming counterculture cross-caste relationships.
    Just because if it's possible, those who have motivation to pursue a cross-caste relationship will be motivated to chase after the legal and 'proper' way to do it.
    Might need to get a nanny/parental stand in of the caste that does not match the child to come in to do some of the caste-specific cultural inculation that comes from parents.

It'd also be a decent way to work in deliberate modifications to castes if they're interested in slow-rolling it to fully test all the implications. If they're already designing a kid's genes, maybe add one they want to test in a longitudinal study or increase the incident rate of in the given caste's population. Heck, even talk to the parents and make pairs of twins with one having a specific gene mod, to make the testing easier.

It's the sort of thing that'd require a very large genetics database and an absurd number of simulations to create a ruleset for determining what genes to add to the kid in response to traits or genes tested for in a parent.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  26. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Mr Zoat

What's Gremlin's accent supposed to be, because I don't think it is correct if you're trying to do the official Greenskin accent. The "h" at the beginning of words should be cut out most of the time for instance.

KenNM and Xmaster3000 like this.
  27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    It's a traditional accent spoken by someone raised by an English-speaker with standards.

28. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Shouldn't the Ring automatically translate body language? It always did in the past.

29. Massgamer

Baring a huge reversal of combat priorities in sector of galaxy Imperium still focused on orks/space bugs/chaos/etc.

30. Mr Zoat

He's trying to learn tau body language.