• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

If Sunset has problems with her new human look when she goes to Earth she could ask for advice from Diana about how she dealt with it, or ask Knockout.

But that would mean not using magic to solve any and every problem? Wouldn't it be much healthier to use a little magic to make any unwanted suitors buzz off (perhaps literally)? Or to cover her new and improved bod in much plainer glamour? /s

Change "storng" to "strong".
Thank you, corrected.
I also think the first one should be Circe and Celestia instead of Circe and Sunset seeing as Celestia seemed to be scanning her in the previous chapter.
Unless Sunset is doing a self diagnostic.
Yes. Sunset wouldn't want Celestia running the checks, and she wouldn't know enough to do so anyway.
Zoat can we have an idea of what the title for the next episode will be?
Repetition.

Canterlot
Afternoon

I clear my throat as Circe and Sunset continue casting spells on the newly ascended alicorn to make sure everything worked as intended.
And well they should. One slight twitch of a miscast, who knows what could have happened to her?

"'Tallest'?"

"What?" She glances in my direction. "Tallest actual alicorn, not an… Apokoliptian who got turned into one by Starswirl's mirror."
You're quibbling over hairs and you know it, Sunset.

"So 'second tallest alicorn', then?"

"You don't count."

"Sure thing, shorty." She gives me a mild glare, but there's no bite to it. "So what does this mean for your human form?"
Hmm... If, like I suspect, she's aged up to her proper Equestrian age... Instant thirty-something-hood!

"Ah, actually? I was thinking of just boom tubing back. I mean, hands are great and all, but I've been a pony for a lot longer than I was a human. Picking things up with my magic still feels more natural than using my hands."

"Okay." I nod. "You can do that. As long as you don't mind getting mobbed whenever you do anywhere due to being an adorable little pony."
Just imagine the kids' reactions. There will be much squealing of delight, methinks.

"Ah, 'regal, big pony'."

"Haven't you measured yourself yet? You're bigger all the ponies who aren't me-"

"So all the pony-ponies."
She's not wrong.

"-but in absolute terms you're not all that big. You're not even horse-size yet." She frowns and looks to Circe for confirmation. "Not only are you the wrong shape for the environment, you're an ultra-cute version of something people think of as a riding animal. Little girls will be coming up to you to feed you sugar cubes." Her eyes unfocus slightly as she sees the disadvantage. "And I can identify as 'pony' if I want. Respect my species-identity."
Yeah, I'd want to watch that. Just the flat look of 'stop doing that' I can picture on her face...

"Your species-identity is 'ass'."

"Whow, go easy on the specieism, there. You're an alicorn now; you have to set an example."
Grayven, Lantern of Trolling. What colour would that be, I wonder?

She huffs and turns to her mentor. "Circe, how did I do?"

"Yes, Sunset, you're quite tall."
Oh, Circe is trolling too? Now she's getting it from both sides - Aunty and Uncle.:p

"I meant the spell."

"As far as I can tell, everything is as you intended." She leans up slightly to nuzzle her. "Well done."
I take it this is not the first time she's been an equine over the millennia...

"Thank you." Sunset bows her head slightly. "For all the help you've given me, and… For everything."

"That's quite alright, Sunset."
Honestly, this relationship was good for Circe, I think. Playing the mentor to a student eager to learn, without being so straight-laced that she was boring...

"And…" She looks at me. "Thank you, Grayven. Without you, this… I wouldn't-."

"Have got here, I know."
Honestly, you're going to give him a swelled head. And Ponies are already pretty big-headed proportion-wise...

"Have got here for a few more years. But… Yeah. And you could be right about being a pony while on Earth. I'm still going to try it, but I guess all the attention could be a bit aggravating."

Circe raises her eyebrows. "And what about all of the attention your human form gets you?"
I'm picturing six feet tall, buxom and curvy...

"Ah. It's not that much? Misa helps me out-."

"I believe what Circe is referring to is how your human form will change to reflect your new pony form. The animated mane, larger size… Assuming that your growth is proportionate you won't be all that much shorter than me."
...Okay, seven feet tall and Olympian! That's quite the attention-getter...

"Ooooh."

"And while I'm no judge of equine beauty, I'm going to hazard a guess that-."
You won't need magic to befuddle men's minds...

Sunset's gaze grows a little vacant. "I'm going to be some sort of amazonian supermodel."

I smile. "The Amazons do like strapping young women. I don't think that they really have models-."
Grayven... Honestly, leave off with the Dad Joke humour for a bit, please? You're making Pinkie Pie giggle...

"No, it's okay. I can just stay in the mountain-." She frowns, looking at me. "I can make myself one of those illusion charms you use." Rats. "But… Maybe I'll… Try it, first. As a pony, and… As a human."

Circe smiles. "And what will you do with your time now?"
Oh, I'm sure she'll be busy with so much research. All the research!

"Do? I've got two completely new forms of pony magic to master, plus whatever I get by combining them, plus relearning everything I can do as a human to take this change into account. I'm not exactly going to be underemployed."

"But you won't miss having an overarching goal?"
Are you kidding? She'll have so many things to work out now. She's not going to be laying around sipping tea like a certain Sunbutt now.

"No, this was always just one step on the journey. Yes, it's an important one that proves that my approach is correct and gives me all the time in the universe to work on the rest, but it was never my end goal. I wasn't going to turn myself into an alicorn and just retire." She takes a deep breath. "But seeing as my magic is working just fine…"
Time to show off a little!

She extends her wings and lightly flaps, rising off the floor with barely a whisper of wind. Then she spreads her wings and just.. floats there.

"Huh. That was easy."

I frown. "How are you-?"
Flight spell? No, she wouldn't need to spread her wings for that...

Rainbow Dash darts in, staring at her. Then she flits around to examine Sunset's wings, then from another angle. Then she drifts back slightly and puts her right hoof to her chin.

"Huh. You're making air currents to stay up." She twists her head around. "Hey, Twilight, how come you can't do that?"
Yes, Twilight, why can't you do that, hmm? I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia or Luna could...

Twilight's eyes widen slightly at being put on the spot like that. "I… Er… Probably can."

Sunset nods. "You should be able to. Your special talent is magic, after all. The same as mine."
Eh, hers is basic mastery of known spellcraft, with minimal experimentation. Yours is full-on going off the magical study curve and then building more just so you can go off that too.

Twilight sort of goldfishes for a moment before Sunset shakes her head.

"I'm just messing with you. I studied pesagus magic for years when I was living here. And I'm guessing you didn't."
Did Twilight even have Pegasus friends first time around? To the wiki!

"I.. studied the applications, and the history of-."

"Of course you did." Sunset pauses for a moment then lands, sighing. "No, sorry. I shouldn't use the fact that I know something you don't to make you feel bad." Twilight looks slightly mollified. "But you should learn this."
"The breeze feels sooo good on my feathers..."

Rainbow Dash nods. "Maybe if somepony wasn't slacking off on her flying lessons, she wouldn't get shown up like this."

"And trust me-" Sunset flexes her right wing, creating a small spark of electricity which she tosses to her left and then tosses to.. just in front of her, where it forms a small, crackling ball. She smiles. "-if you like magic this is every bit as interesting as unicorn magic."
And now Rainbow Dash is thinking about some advanced studies, eh? She can't toss around plasma like that, can she?

Twilight smiles. "I suppose it can't hurt." She looks Sunset over. "But I don't understand how you're so big. I know I've gotten taller since my ascension, but… We tested your magic and you were only about as storng as me."
Very good question...

"Oh, that's simple. You're going to keep growing until you get to roughly my size. But the spell you used was designed to be as safe as possible because Starswirl didn't understand exactly how the process worked and he didn't want to risk killing Celestia or Luna. So you only grow slowly. Since I knew exactly what I was doing I decided to skip the wait and empower myself fully from the start." She thinks for a moment. "Actually, Luna? I can't make you any bigger, but now that you're back on Equestria you're probably going to start growing again."
Heh, I bet Luna does have a little bit of a complex about her size. Just something small, deep down in her subconscious...

For a fraction of a second Luna looks incredibly pleased with herself, then schools her expression.

"That will be an interesting experience."
Who knows, she might end up slightly taller than Celestia...

"But right now-."

Celestia steps forwards. "Sunset-."

"Y.. eah…" Sunset nods. "We probably need to.. talk."
And this is a conversation a long time coming. I do hope one of the first things said is "I'm sorry."

"I spoke with Grayven, concerning... You. I will try to avoid offending you if you will agree to have patience if I fail."

Sunset nods again and trots forward. "Yeah. Okay. And then we can…"
...What's that pattering noise?

Pinkie twitches, then resolutely shakes her head.
Ha, she wanted to jump on that dangling line, but resisted the urge because...

The door bursts open as Party Popper storms in, guards hanging from her barrel!
...Who could deny her alternate an entrance like that?

"HAVE A PARTY!"

She collapses to the ground panting. I regard her impassively.

"What? I was at the other end of the palace. Even if you cue me in I can only gallop so fast."
"Well, I'm sure I can make arrangements for a Hush Tube next time. It's so much more convenient for impromptu appearances."

Good to see things working out. And I see we're leaving Equestria again, for another late-80's entertainment franchise...
(Bit later than usual today, Mr Zoat. Got a day off or two, I bet...;))

Correction:
I studied pesagus magic for years...
I studied pegasus magic for years...

If an Alicorn were to go through the mirror then would they become a New God, or more like an Old God?

One is a physical god, while the other is arcane energy that can assume a human form.

And the next three days will be filled with kittie titties:D

And well they should. One slight twitch of a miscast, who knows what could have happened to her?
Sunset Shimmer and Circe. That was how Sunset could threaten to tell Cadance what would have happened if she'd been standing an inch to the left.
Good to see things working out. And I see we're leaving Equestria again, for another late-80's entertainment franchise...
(Bit later than usual today, Mr Zoat. Got a day off or two, I bet...;))
Not exactly. My company is working from home from now until the virus is contained. Which means that rather than getting up and 0600 and leaving the house at 0710, I just have to be in front of my computer at 0900.

On a more positive note, the guy who owns my company also owns a company that's working on a vaccine. He thinks it should get approval by Christmas.
Correction:

I studied pegasus magic for years...
Thank you, corrected.
If an Alicorn were to go through the mirror then would they become a New God, or more like an Old God?

One is a physical god, while the other is arcane energy that can assume a human form.
New God.
And the next three days will be filled with kittie titties:D
In Exalted, when the Solars ruled Creation, it was illegal to own humans as slave. However, if a human were altered even slightly from the human template then they were no longer 'human', and keeping them as slaves was perfectly legal. I suspect that the Thundercats aren't altered felines so much as altered humans.

So Mum-Ra altered humans to be cat people?
That is if you're using the 21st century series and not the one in the 80's.
Not sure if the 80's one once ruled over a star empire with the Thundercats as his elites.

So if he did alter them, then he either did it as some way to improve their skills and powers as warriors, or he had a cat fetish.

I clear my throat as Circe and Sunset continue casting spells on the newly ascended alicorn to make sure everything worked as intended.

I also think the first one should be Circe and Celestia instead of Circe and Sunset seeing as Celestia seemed to be scanning her in the previous chapter.
Unless Sunset is doing a self diagnostic

It does read a bit awkwardly. Like Circe and Sunset are casting diagnostic spells on some third newly ascended alicorn. For a moment I thought that there was a timeskip and that Sunset helped someone else use her ascension ritual and is now scanning them for faults. Perhaps something like 'as Circe and Sunset continue casting spells on herself'?

But of course with that same faulty logic Circe wouldn't know enough about Alicorn biology and magic to do so either.
Because being something automatically makes you an expert on that thing, right. That's why, despite not having ever studied medicine, I'm just as qualified as and doctor to comment on the workings of the human body. Indeed, that's why I'm just as good as any physicist, too.

Because being something automatically makes you an expert on that thing, right. That's why, despite not having ever studied medicine, I'm just as qualified as and doctor to comment on the workings of the human body. Indeed, that's why I'm just as good as any physicist, too.
Have you spent a thousand years effectively being the only human in existence?

If not your comparison falls rather flat, because the simple fact is she would have to know the basics of her magical biology just to treat herself when injured. And even just the basics would be more knowledge then Circe has.

But of course, it would be stupid if she didn't know more then just the basics about Alicorn magical biology, because one of her goal's was saving Luna, who was an Alicorn.

Sunset Shimmer and Circe. That was how Sunset could threaten to tell Cadance what would have happened if she'd been standing an inch to the left.

Not exactly. My company is working from home from now until the virus is contained. Which means that rather than getting up and 0600 and leaving the house at 0710, I just have to be in front of my computer at 0900.

On a more positive note, the guy who owns my company also owns a company that's working on a vaccine. He thinks it should get approval by Christmas.

Thank you, corrected.

New God.

In Exalted, when the Solars ruled Creation, it was illegal to own humans as slave. However, if a human were altered even slightly from the human template then they were no longer 'human', and keeping them as slaves was perfectly legal. I suspect that the Thundercats aren't altered felines so much as altered humans.

Not sure if the 80's one once ruled over a star empire with the Thundercats as his elites.

So if he did alter them, then he either did it as some way to improve their skills and powers as warriors, or he had a cat fetish.

The 2000's Thundercats had a lead writer do a lengthy interview about how the show would have ended. He stated that all Thundarans are based on the blood of Mum-Ra and another species. That species is what "snarf" is and that that species is incredibly hardy and long lived but just not humanoid.

"'Tallest'?"

"What?" She glances in my direction. "Tallest actual alicorn, not an… Apokoliptian who got turned into one by Starswirl's mirror."

"So 'second tallest alicorn', then?"
It's terribly important because our respective societies grade leadership ability solely based on personal height.

[Invader Zim Joke!]

Well, shit... this was a bad year to start a 1 year Master's degree program (started in January)

Remember that thundercats weren't' the only "animal people" we saw in that vision of the past. I'm thinking multiple base species were uplifted to see which versions worked best, and those were used for specific tasks.
Dammit. Ninja'd.

Zoat can Paul use FEED ME on the Omega Effect?

Could Melinoe help Ghi'ta and Arisia with her fear inducing powers?

She could try to influence them and they could try to fight it back by focusing on their love and will respectively.

So you are writing Thundercats next?

Alternately, Thundercats are artificially evolved cats. Hence why you have so many huge variations, like why some look almost humans and others look like furries.

Yes, Twilight, why can't you do that, hmm? I wouldn't be surprised if Celestia or Luna could...

She could be able to do it right now actually.

Twilight's mastery of magic, even before her alicorn transformation, allows her the "pony see, pony do" trick, she's the magic version of Marvel's Taskmaster.

If being non unicorn magic was an obstacle before her transformation, which it might not have been, she did cast a "walk on clouds like a pegasus" spell on her friends that one time, I would assume her alicornization would open up pegasus and Earth pony magic now.

Of course there were other ways around that as well. Witness the Anjei, for instance...

Could Melinoe help Ghi'ta and Arisia with her fear inducing powers?

She could try to influence them and they could try to fight it back by focusing on their love and will respectively.
Help or 'help'?

Melinoë is the goddess of nightmares and madness. She doesn't really have a low beam setting. Hiring a telepath would be much safer.

If an Old God were to go through Starswirl's mirror would they become a Alicorn?

Is the paragon ever going to meet Darkseid in your story?
That is in the six years in universe time, not after that.

Also can Old Gods make multiple avatars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back