• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

🥹

That was beautiful. Thank you.

Well, that was just about what I expected, but I thought Selene would become a part of Luna, she didn't and what really happened is even better.

I know now would be the time to preach about Harmony and how its Path will be the only one that allows things like this to keep happening after we are done with this Quest... But I can't, I just hope we make the right choice when it is time, like with Selene.

Beautiful, absolutely amazing as always Bird.

That all came out wonderful, now we can only wait to see where we go from here. But no matter what, she's still our daughter, and that's what matters.

Very emotional scene all in all, this is likely the best possible outcome we could've had from restoring her. Worth it completely.

Luna used crystal shoes. Whoever is the Princess of the Night now must have them too.
Did she? Huh. Weird that those would have manifested though.

Anywho, she's clearly aware that Velvet and Stormchaser were expecting her change, which suggests purposeful action. So we still have to see how that goes, even if she seems positively inclined at the least. And she's also apparently planning to approach Celestia shortly, if her keeping an eye on the sunrise is any indication. So that'll be interesting as well, especially if she's claiming Velvet as her parent still. Hopefully everything gets attributed to Harmony bullshit and not Velvet purposefully hiding Luna away from Celestia for a year and then some.

Yay! The Dreamlands will be safer again! Yay! Velvet still has her daughter! Yay! We're probably not going to eat a fully Special Attack Boosted Solar Beam in the immediate future!

I uh... do wonder how her next run-in with one of her new brothers is gonna go though. Especially since both sides have been empowered since the last time. Yeah.

That story happened today, somewhere. Probably to more than just one pony. It happened today, it happened yesterday, and it will certainly happen tomorrow.

Without warning. Without reason.

Without a chance to say goodbye.
...but there is warning, reasons... potentially even a chance to say goodbye!

"And I felt nothing but welcome when I met them. Like they had been waiting for me the entire time. Or like I was an old friend of them, even though they had just met me. For some reason they just trusted me and… no, more than just trusting me. They knew me. They knew me better than I know myself."
A mother.

if Velvet became an Hour, she'd probably hold foals/children as sacred and not to be targeted or sacrificed no matter what.

They loved her, but they belong to the past now.

You love her, but you are currently denying her future.
Selene herself begged us to help her. and no, hiding those memories again was at best a temporary reprieve. This can't last, not now that she knows.

I'm... somehow half-surprised we didn't tell any of our daughters, but then again... how would we even approach the topic at all?

Probably better to adapt our approach to Luna's status after this. Hopefully she remembers.

Hopefully she forgives us.

"W-wont… won't you go wake he up, love? Y-you know… y-yo… you know how groggy she c-can get… after she sleeps for longer than she should."

But you say them regardless.

You say what needs to be said. You do what needs to be done. You echo her words, spoken aloud in that dream from long ago.

And whatever happens next… is entirely out of your hoofs.

The living room feels awfully cold, after Stormchaser gets up to do his part.
...for some reason I thought it would be Velvet to walk up to her...

Damn, this must be devastating. to BOTH of them.

...We did our best. We made plenty of mistakes, but... with Selene, we did the best we could. Arguably the best we COULD do, seeing how much time and effort we put in teaching her, and ensuring she got the best lessons and the best life we could offer.

Hopefully it's enough.

However, you also know that you must. You have to do this. This needs to be done.

Because a pony you love very much asked you to do it.

And because another pony, who you also love, needs this to happen.

So, you turn your back to the warm comfort of the living room, and you make your way upstairs.
we were really lucky here. that, even if we took the "Stormchaser will not accept a ritual on Selene", we found a better way.

In the end, as we hoped, he understood.

An outsider you knew nothing about
..pun? 🥲

You just need… to let go.

Because if you let go, if you stop climbing these stairs, this will all end.

If you let go, tomorrow will arrive. And then the next one, and the next. The hands of the clock will resume its movement, and your family will remain unbroken. And you will all figure out what to do after that.

You just… need… to…
It must be just so tempting. For Stormchaser even MORE than Velvet.

The room is perfectly dark. The windows are closed, and the curtains are shut. And yet, for some reason, you swear that her face is being perfectly illuminated by a streak of moonlight.
just like that time...

And after that, the only thing you can do is leave the room. Before the stifled sob you have been holding back breaks out of your mouth, and you accidentally disturb her in a moment that belongs only to her.

And just like that… it is done.
And now Velvet's and Stormchaser's role in this ritual is over.

what's the result?

"So… is this it? This is how it ends?"

A voice, her voice, comes from somewhere nearby.

You know who she is, of course. More than just that, you know her more deeply than it should be possible.

In fact, her voice is so familiar that it might have been her own, a long, long time ago.

"That is a curious question. Do you think this is an ending?"
Selene and Luna getting to talk?

"It… well, it does feel like an ending. It feels like the end of a dream. Like the sun is coming, and the dreamer is about to wake up. Only that… I'm not the dreamer, and I won't be the one waking up…"
because she's the dream... she's what the dreamer leaves behind when sun comes up...

...but a dream is just a reflection of the dreamers memories, wishes, fears and so on. It's still PART of the dreamer.

and while the dream itself is often forgotten... the dream's meaning persists...

Or at least, I hope it will.

"Well… I… it was good, while it lasted. It was the best, even. But… can I ask you something? Can you promise… you will take care of my sister? She's the only one I have, and we promised we would take care of each other… so can you please…?"

"Oh? I would promise that if I could, little one. I really, really would. But tell me… why is it that you think… that I am the one who will wake up from this dream?"

"W-what?"

will it be Selene that persists?

Or, more likely, a fusion, a gestalt of both?

"B-but… but you are… it has to be you. It just has to! You are…!"

"Yes, I am Luna. I am Luna, and you are Selene. And yet, I don't think I am the dreamer, little one. I don't think I will be the one to wake up, once the sun rises."

"No, but… but it can't be me. T-that… that wouldn't be fair! The world… everypony… my sister, they all need a Princess. They all need you! If all of this… if all of this is happening just for me to wake up, then… wouldn't that be wrong? Wouldn't that be a waste?"

"Ah, you misunderstand me, Selene. What I meant to say is that… I don't think I will be the one to wake up. But I do not think it will be you either."
...this is starting to sound like my best case scenario... 😳

"Ah, once again you are right, but you are also wrong. Selene, growing up isn't just that. It is so much more. Growing up means becoming more than you were before. And it happens every day, little by little. It happens when a boring chore you were forced to do, like tidying your bed or brushing your teeth, becomes a habit you do without thinking. It happens when you and your best friend laugh at an old joke, but also invent a new one that you will share for the rest of your lives. It happens every day… and I think it is also happening now."

...Are we getting the Paragon of Harmony? The "Best case Luna" from when we met her?

"But the most important part, Selene, is that growing up doesn't mean leaving the old parts of yourself behind. Those parts of you just go deeper and deeper inside of you. And not because they were buried, but because they became like pillars. Something that will keep you standing, tall and strong, as you continue to grow the temple that is your life."

"So, you mean that… that I won't be gone? This feeling that I have, that I'm just a mask that's about to be taken off… it's not right? Are we… are we both going to wake up?"

"Both of us? Oh, no. Neither of us will wake up, Selene… But she will. And we will be a part of her. We will be a part of her in all the ways that matter. Princess Luna existed in the past, Selene. And you exist in the present."
And the Paragon of Harmony will exist in the future. Sister to Princess Celestia, but also Sister to Silky and Soft... Daughter of two lovely ponies from long, long ago, but also to Stormchaser and Velvet Covers...

I'm... I'm actually hopeful right now!

Maybe SOMETHING will go truly and absolutely right for once, with no drawbacks!

The two of them say that.

And you nod.

You promise them.

You swear to them.

Because now you have a head with which you can nod.

And now you have a body in which you can exist.

And even though you feel like you are listening to something as distant as a past life talking to you…

You also feel like you are talking to yourself.

Because you are Luna.

And you are Selene.

And most importantly, you are yourself.

...and so, presumably, she will know, and care, about what Velvet did and why...

and about her families.

Both of them.

The crocheted blanket can't even cover your entire body. And yet, you already know you will never stop using it.
...you know, I'm suddenly feeling some nostalgia for a very old toy from when I was a child. a star-shaped puppet with a string, and when you pulled it is played a lullaby melody.

I have no idea where it is right now. My mom might actually have thrown it out, or maybe it's in an old box. A lot of it's surface covering was missing too.

I feel like looking for it and starting to use it again.

Same for another couple old toys.

So, you go down the stairs. A curious glance towards the windows of the entrance hall reveals that the sun is about to rise. But still, you have more than enough time for this.
I have a feeling she's going to call Velvet "mom" for the first time

You make your way towards the living room, the clip-clop-clip of crystal echoing through the air in time with your hoofsteps.
crystal? Did she wake up with shoes, or was the floor actually covered in crystal here?

The memories… there are so many of them. Heavens, how did you manage to accumulate so many good memories in so few months?
Extremely good sign! She remembers, she knows, she cares!

Because they both love you. So, whatever you decide to do next, they will abide by your choice.
well, our plan was for the most part to throw ourselves at Luna's hooves for forgiveness...

"I… I-I know this… I u-understand this m-might look s-strange, Sel-… Princess L-Luna… But… d-do you… do you remember a-anything…? Do you k-know who we are?"
now, THIS is the moment to call them mom and dad! Don't fuck it up, Luna!

You can tell that, as much as it hurts her, she won't say another word until you make your decision.

And the only thing you can do… is smile.

"Of course I know who you are," you say, as you get up from your cushion and make your way towards her.
hug and call them mom and dad! COME ON!

"You are my mother," you say to the unicorn mare, "and you are my father," you continue, turning to face the pegasus stallion.

PonyRarityYES.jpg

I KNEW IT WAS GOING THERE! I CALLED IT!

You have successfully performed the Rite of the Mother and the Father.

You will have a proper conversation with your daughter later. And only after you fawn over her, and tell her how beautiful she is and how tall she has become and how you are so very thankful and happy. But for now, you will just enjoy this moment with her.

FUCKING FINALLY!

SOMETHING THAT DID GO COMPLETELY RIGHT!

there will be talks now, about what we plan to do. About Silky, and Soft, and Celestia, and the Names... About the Lunar Bureau, and the Lores...

but IT WORKED!

IT FUCKING WORKED!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3ZGhzFx4Q&ab_channel=kyrospawn

🥹

That was beautiful. Thank you.

Well, that was just about what I expected, but I thought Selene would become a part of Luna, she didn't and what really happened is even better.

I know now would be the time to preach about Harmony and how its Path will be the only one that allows things like this to keep happening after we are done with this Quest... But I can't, I just hope we make the right choice when it is time, like with Selene.

mh... if anything, we can tell her what we suspect of the Outsider they are halves of, and the Memory of Light path, and our guesses about Harmony.

And Luna can tell us her point of view.

Seriously though. Why are her hooves crystal? I get the feeling we got a bit more than just an Alicorn out of this.
Of course we got MORE than an Alicorn!

My best guess is, we got THIS, if not MORE:

100 – Alicornae: They are the epitome of creation, the guardians of Harmony. Princess Luna has mastered her memories and returned all the stronger, standing as tall as her sister and just as mighty despite the thousand years gap of experience. She knows what her enemy is, now.

Did she? Huh. Weird that those would have manifested though.
eh, to be fair the show basically had the nightmare armor also appear out of nowhere I think. It's weird, but not THAT weird all things considered.

Keep in mind this is like 99% Luna, 1% Selene the amount of memories from Luna is far far larger.
irrelevant.

Selene is in there. Luna is calling Velvet "Mother".

that's all we really hoped for. We didn't want Selene to replace Luna, we wanted Luna to remember the good times with Velvet and still consider herself part of a family.

also to be fair, the length of memories are not ALL that matters. I'm pretty sure the year as Selene counts far more than the Thousand years of torture under the worms in terms of what makes up her personality and values, for example.

And sure, Luna is also in there. I don't see how that's a problem.

also to be fair, the length of memories are not ALL that matters. I'm pretty sure the year as Selene counts far more than the Thousand years of torture under the worms in terms of what makes up her personality and values, for example.
Even discounting the thousand years, I would at least say Luna was mid 20's before the Nightmare Moon stuff happened.

This update was everything I was hoping for and more. 4 years of buildup to this absolutely beautiful pay-off, even if it turns out that mechanically things don't change much this moment, this saga of Selene, was the most emotionally resonant and investing part of this quest on par if not better than the moment we first found her in that old ruined home so long ago.

It was worth it.

In an echo of what was said about the state of Luna after the Worms so long ago...

By the laws of the harsher of the two universes the dream called Selene must end,
By the laws of the kinder of the two universes the person who Selene became continues and is made more.

Also I called that it would be a mixture of both, its nice to see theories come true.

@OurLadyOfWires I would like to give you my most sincere congratulations on creating such a brilliant work of art, especially in an interactive medium such as forum Quests and I felt that just liking the posts doesn't get that across so well so here is a Thank you for continuing to create even after set backs.

EDIT: I forgot to also thank everyone else here as for all that Birb penned the Tale, this Quest would be nothing without us all interacting with it.

Last edited:
Keep in mind this is like 99% Luna, 1% Selene the amount of memories from Luna is far far larger.
How long do you have to know someone before they make an impact?
How long did Celestia see Velvet seeing her for Celestia to remember them even in her fury?
How long did it take for Velvet's brother to fall for Ax?
How long was Jade dying before The Master rescued her starting this whole adventure?

You only need one moment.
Selene was given a year.

Luna, made from memories long past and shattered and locked away from herself, who had been in the modern world for only a matter of months.
Selene, who got to see and live the life of a child full of love and care and compassion, albeit warped.
Who they are now.... Princess Luna, but not who she was is...

It only takes one moment.
Hopefully she has enough to hold onto.

"Well… I… it was good, while it lasted. It was the best, even. But… can I ask you something? Can you promise… you will take care of my sister? She's the only one I have, and we promised we would take care of each other… so can you please…?"

"Oh? I would promise that if I could, little one. I really, really would. But tell me… why is it that you think… that I am the one who will wake up from this dream?"

"W-what?"
Reading this, I went from panicking about having to read about Selene accepting her death to panicking about Luna choosing to sacrifice herself for Selene and Equestria being stuck with crazy Celestia forever. Glad that neither happened.

Now, what do we do about Selene disappearing and Luna showing up. Do we tell Celestia that she was with us, will we tell her that we found Luna or will Luna just show up and refuse to elaborate? Will the world know that Selene was Luna? Will we say her real parents showed up and took her? Or will we say she snuck out at night and point to everfree forest? Will Silky be told the truth?

Holy shit I balled when I read the update, the emotions, the sheer fucking relief that it worked, that it worked as well as it could've possibly worked.

Dear God I can't imagine what those who've been here from the start went through.
Thats for the next update dude, right now we revel. Also a lot of that depends on what Luna wants to do soooooooo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back