• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Lilith Game [Crossover/CCG Quest]

Created at
Index progress
Hiatus
Watchers
Recent readers

Once, in the age when myths walked the earth, in the age of the gods, great mystical beasts made...
Intro Post

Happerry

The Song to the Flame
Once, in the age when myths walked the earth, in the age of the gods, great mystical beasts made war with each other, aided by powerful elemental spirits and the very gods themselves. But these spirits and other such entities were immortal, and therefor could not be easily defeated permanently. And so a powerful spell was invented, a spell which could seal a defeated foe into an almost indestructible slip of paper, where they could then be bound to serve the victor. This spell was quickly stolen by others who saw it's use, and soon it was commonplace.

And soon the original spell was modified, altered, as it's use was seen. Changed to store artifacts, spells, and even buildings and mystic locations in a convenient package you could carry in your pocket.

And so, for the first time ever, victory was in sight. As now, finally, the number of combatants was finally shrinking... No more did the battle eternal look to last for all time. A victor would soon be found.

And so one was, As the one known as Lilith sealed the last of her foes away.. only to be betrayed by her own mortal servants and struck down while still weak from that last battle. And so, Lilith to was sealed. The Age of the Gods had ended. The Age of Mankind had begin.

..But then, you, a normal young man of your class and background, don't know or care about that. Yet at least.. Er, come to think of it, what is your background?

[ ] Upper Class Idle Rich Kid
[ ] Middle Class University Student
[ ] Lower Class Mechanical Apprentice

Alright, glad we have that settled. Anyway. Just today.. things have changed for you forever. Because, while exploring, you found a strange plastic pack of cards. And when you picked them up.. you found you could use them to do wonderful things. Invoke magic, Summon servants... But others too have this power. Will you find war or peace?

Though, before we get ahead of ourselves, which cards did you find anyway?

[ ] Ski Resort : Fairy Duo from an Eastern Wonderland
[ ] Abandoned Church : Daughter of an Overlord
[ ] Hospital : Artificial Ghostly Twin
[ ] Beach : One Little Mermaid
[ ] Park : Dryad from the city of the Bat
[ ] School : Magical Girl Gunner

..And, Erm, I seem to have forgotten your name, young man.

[ ] Name/Write in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Information Post
Re: Lilith Game [Orignal/CCG Quest]

Information Post
Card Types
Summons:
-Summons: These cards let you summon things. Summons can not knowingly disobey, and have a direction and status indicating empathic link with their summoner. When forcefully banished back to their cards by damage, they may not be summoned again for a minimum of twenty four hours.
Equip:
-Artifact: Artifact cards are just items. These can be a magic sword, a potion creation set, a motorcycle, or anything else called an item.
-Enchantment: These are effects that cause direct magical enhancements upon those they are used on, or items they are used on.
-Sorcery: These cards allow the equipped entity to cast the spell sealed within the card for a certain length of times as determined by the power infused within the card when it is played.
-Environment: Environment cards alter the surrounding landscape to reflect the landscape they were created from. And ocean card will, for example, when deployed in the city, render the local landscape as if it was sunken under the seas, allowing the deployment of aquatic cards. These cards normally create a closed space that only those with magic can access, though not always.
-Construct: These cards summon some sort of construct onto the landscape, from a bunker to a grand palace.
Effect:
-Ritual: Ritual cards are cards that take into effect once an or a number of conditions are completed. These can be as simple as taking into effect when you defeat a foe, conditional as working only under moonlight, or complicated things truly deserving the name Ritual.
-Sorcery: These cards are spells that are invoked the second their card is used.

Cards You Possess
Summon: Mami TomoeMagical Girl Gunner
A blond, seemingly young looking girl with an unusual amount of talent with gun and ribbon themed magics. Surprisingly busty. You are the second bearer of her card.
Sorcery: Summon CannonadeTiro Finale
A spell developed my Mami before she was sealed. Allows it's user to summon a light cannon and fire it at their foes. Mami can make much better use of it then anyone else.
Sorcery: Dimension Key
An instant type Sorcery Card that allows access to sealed areas of closed space.
Enchantment: Soul AnchorMami
An Item that hold's Mami's soul within it. When this item is summoned while Mami is in play, She may regenerate any amount of damage if given enough magical energy, and gains a rank up in all abilities. However, if this item is destroyed, Mami is instantly banished, and she is irresistibly paralyzed if the distance between her and it gets to large.
Enchantment: Mind Ward
A protective magical enchantment that prevents hostile mental attacks from succeeding. Effects all summons in play at the time this card is invoked.
Item: First Aid Kit
An old second world war first aid kit. Slowly regains all used supplies while not summoned.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
To bind new Summon Type cards, the criteria is that the target not be resisting. This is equally valid for being knocked out as being drugged as being blackmailed as actually liking the idea. Willing or not, it doesn't matter. It does matter for how happy they will be to work with your though, even if obedience in enforced.

According to Mami, the way to bind new Artifact cards is that you have to have 'ownership', metaphysically speaking, over said artifact, and then you can card it. Enchantments and Spells need someone who can cast the spell, but her last owner made references to it being more complicated then that? You don't find yourself 'knowing' the answer when you ask yourself it, at least.. Maybe this will be more clear when you have the chance to actually make one?

How to Bind other Cards is unknown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Info
Name: Hayato Mikogami
Money Status: Rich
Notable Gear: Blank Cards (1)
Other Inventory : Fey Needle, Fey Favor Ticket (Glitterpuff)
Other Minions/Pets/Slaves : Junko Mao Matsumoto (Math Nerd, Marble Expert (+30), Potential for Barrage Magic?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Party Loot List:
Bag of Fey Coinage (34 silver, 12 gold)
Fey Blade (Sewing Needle Disguise Option)
Laser Glass Throwing Spear
One Average Mana Battery Crystal
Nine Least Fey (Including Bottles)
Spirit Dragonfly (Including Gold Cage)
Spellbook (Chained, Unknown language)
Three Potions of Rejuvenation (Moderate)
Junko Mao Matsumoto/Math Nerd (Leashed/Heart Graced Owned By You)
Name Unknown/Dance Club Member (Leashed/Heart Graced Owned By You)
Kojoro (Kitsune/Fox, Free, Traumatized?)
Magically waterproof pouch
Animated Beard

Last edited:
Post 1

Plan Biigoh: Biigoh, Redon, Malcolmo, Pipeman, Darik29, R.A.G.
Plan nick012000: nick012000, mc2rpg, Jiven

As fair warning, I have never seen or read Sekirei, so characterization is not likely to be accurate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have only one thing to say to this. "What? No, Just.. what. What is going on!"

"...You, a Player in the Lilith Game, have bound my card to you?" The blond asks hesitantly. "And then summoned me for.. something?" You blink. "Lilith Game? Is their a camera crew around here? Damn it, Takashi, I analogized for that!"

"You don't have a clue, do you." She says tiredly. You blink, feeling her sudden depression in your mind. "And, oh, for another thing.." You say. "What's up with this sudden telepathic connection? I mean, I can feel you in my brain meats. This is not possible!"

"Right, utter beginner." She says to herself. "Well, master, this is how it was explained to me, so this is how I will explain it to you..."

"Once, great creatures made war with each other, aided by powerful elemental spirits and dragons and mortal minions and so on. However, these beings were immortal, so no side could claim final victory. And so one sage, who's name is lost to history, invented a way to seal his fallen foes into almost indestructible slips of parchment." She informs you as you feel her belief in the truth of this with every word she says, knowing that she isn't, and can't, lie to you. "Being as it was a giant advantage, everyone else soon stole it, and ancient gods and spirits were being sealed left and right. Eventually one by the name of Lilith was the last one standing, but her mortal servants backstabbed her in her weakness after the last battle. They also stole the secret of sealing fallen enemies, and soon started using it on each other as they fell into civil war over what to do next. No one won."

Interrupting, you say. "So, wait. Gods and demons are real, and the reason we don't see them any more is because they're all trapped in a card game?" Nodding, Mami agrees. "You have the gist of it, Master. To sum up the rest, the secret got scattered far and wide as loosers in that war fled before they could be given the final defeat and plotted to return and win later on. But other people stole the secret, being as it was very powerful, and soon it became the dominate, or at least most widely spread, system of magic on the world. For reasons no one ever bothered to explain to me, the culture of 'people who are in possession and make use of the magic cards' has become known as the Lilith Game in modern culture. Or at least it was last time I was out."

"Besides myself, their should have been a few other cards in the pack. If you focus on them for a moment, you should be able to understand what they do." She finishes up.

.."So, basically, my life is now a Shonen manga." You sum it up. "Eeeeh?" Huh, she looks cute when confused.

[ ] So, time to go look at those other cards she mentioned.
[ ] No, you aren't done, you want more explanations from her! (Write in for specific questions.)
[ ] Control. Right. Well, maybe you should test that? Prove that this isn't a joke. That you aren't simply drugged to make you think you have this telepathic thing.
[ ] Well, if she is serving you now.. maybe you should ask Mami about herself? (Write in for specific questions.)
[ ] How did she and those other cards end up here anyway?

Post 2

Plan Biigoh: Biigoh, Darik29, Malcolmo, Jiven, Pipeman, minuseven, R.A.G.
[X] So, time to go look at those other cards she mentioned.
[X] How did she and those other cards end up here anyway?

Plan Nick: nick012000
Plan Guile: Guile, mc2rpg

Second Post now has card list and some data you know now.

Frowning, you look back down at the other cards in your hand. Right. Well, if one summoned a girl, what do the others do? Your eye catches on the one with a large cannon on it, and you try to focus on it. After all, she said it should be natur-- 「Smoke. Iron. Blood. The thundering guns. You can see it. You can hear it. The power.. of the Cannonade.

...After a few moments, you manage to blink the last of the gunsmoke out of your minds eye. Gah. That was.. Not expected.

Huh, you sat down on the wall while you were out. Don't remember doing that.. Hey, where did Mami go? Oh, there she is. Up on the tower in the middle of the roof. Considering how the link feels.. you think she's looking around at the landscape.

Well, one card down, lets see what the others do. Hum, Mind Ward or Dimension Key next.. Wait. How did you know there names?.. And you suddenly realize you now more then their names. You know what they do. How to use them. What kind of Card they are. How charged up they are...

Soul Anchor, Mind Ward, Dimension Key, Summon Cannonade, First Aid Kit.. Wait. First Aid Kit?..

Huh. That does look to be an old world war 2 first aid kit. One of the American ones, to be precise. How long have these cards been here, anyway?

Looking up to call Mami down, you see her land in front of you, guided by your desire that she return. "Master?"

"Tomoe.... How long have you been here, anyway? And how did you get here?" You ask. She sighs. "I do not know how long I have been here. To be sealed, but have no summoner.. It is a sleep that never ends, one without dreams or desires.. Simply a stasis, awaiting someone to awake us."

"As for how.. My master was loosing. Original master, I should say." She corrects herself. "I do not know the full story. When I was sealed he was already in a bad situation, and I was never one of those he discussed things with... But he plotted to survive, hide, and eventually return. But he would have to leave himself lightly burdened, and hard to track. And so, he left.. well, not just me, but several other deposits, I do not know how many or where, hidden so that he could reclaim them later."

"That you have sealed these cards as yours..." She shrugs. And then grins with... Huh. However pretty she looks when she smiles, that amount of malice is not attractive. "Dead or sealed. I don't know which, and I don't really care."

[ ] Wait, dead or 'sealed'? How does that work? I thought she said all the spirits and stuff were already sealed!
[ ] If she's now your minion, maybe you should learn a bit about her. (Write in for specific questions.)
[ ] So. You have a hot looking blond standing right in front of you, and she'll do whatever you say. Test that?
[ ] Lunch hour is getting kinda late. Maybe you should figure out how to unsummon Mami and continue this later?
[ ] Write in.

Post 3

[X] Biigoh's plan
"Wait." You say, focusing on one important point. "Dead or sealed? I thought you said all the spirits and such were already sealed?" Mami nods. "Indeed... But they are not the only things that can be sealed. Once, I was but a schoolgirl myself." She says. Hum. Maybe that's where the malice came from... And after a moment of thought you release you already know this.. you know how to craft a blank card, and prepare it for a target...

One who can not resist. That is the criteria. You know this, in the same way you know what your cards do, where Mami is, that she is summoned.. Sleeping does not count, any more then one can sleep through being stuffed in a sack two sizes to small and then having it tied shut behind you. Knocked out, drugged, or simply not resisting... Willingly, sufficiently payed, ignorant of the truth, or as a result of a magically enforced deal, it doesn't matter.... That is the only criteria for creating a summons card. It's not something that feels comfortable either...

For a brief moment, you wonder how that bitchy Room Supervisor would look, bowed down before you, or that cute girl a table ahead of you in Math class... before you mind shies away from that thought... for now at least.

But then, while looking at your cards, you get a glance at your watch. Ack! If you don't hurry, your going to be late! Rapidly you consume the rest of your lunch, before pausing guiltily at the apple. "Mami? Are you hungry?" You ask as she blinks. "Food? I haven't had an apple in.. Can I? Please?" She gives you a good attempt at puppy dog eyes. You promptly fail your will save.

Handing over the apple you ask her. "You can unsummon yourself when permitted, right? I need to get to class. Once you finish your apple, return to the card and.. we'll talk more later." One obedient nod later as she devours the apple whole, you are heading off for that dreaded of dreaded classes.. Physical Education!

(Choose only one. Free time in gym is limited.)
[ ] Well, now that you know thinking the right question can unlock more info, maybe you should spend the rest of your free time thinking up questions? (Write in)
[ ] Or maybe you should take advantage of all the tight clothing and plot on who you would like to be mean too?
[ ] On the other hand, this is Gym, and couch is a tight ass. (In more ways then one. Damn all these cute teachers!) Maybe you should focus on your, well, actual work?
[ ] On the third hand, perhaps you have something else to be concerned with.. magic is real. Does this change anything you already knew?
Just to be clear, these intro choices are determining your base morality. So far you're mostly neutral, edging towards nice from sharing your lunch. I think you can figure out which choices go in the other direction.

Post 4

[X] Things to consider...
- - [X] if magic was real, why wasn't it a thing? Why is everything based on "science" and "technology"?
- - [X] In short, what is the REAL limitation of magic? What can it do, what can it NOT do?
[X] Just because you were NOW in a real shonen manga adventure, doesn't mean you have to be STUPID...
- - [X] Genre saavy-ness is VERY important.
- - [X] DO NOT target classmates, or facility of the school.
- - [X] In short, it's best to NOT do anything YET... until you know more.
- - - - [X] No need to become the EVIL Idle Rich Boy villain that the protagonists beat down in the first arc and befriended.

Late Late Late Must Not Be late...

Your mental chant is only interrupted by the sudden flush of knowledge that Mami has been willingly unsummoned, a few moments into your dash to the Gym Center. She must have finished her apple.

It's a good thing you didn't stay and talk with her longer though.. as it is, you show up literally thirty seconds before the teacher shows up. As attractive as she is, and she is as attractive as her tight clothing and well exercised runners body can make her.. Well, you can already hear her start going off onto the students on that side of the room. The harridan doesn't seem to understand or care that not everyone wants to be as fit as an Olympic athletic, and she won't stop ripping into the ones who do other things with their spare time then exercising. Those who just want to pass gym and then go do something interesting... well, she has no understanding and no sympathy.

Bitch.

Still, it's not like you are out of shape, and you slide easily into the middle of the pack once she announces today's 'fun run'. (Lies! Nothing fun about this run.)

Now... Magic. It's a thing now. Huh.

After a few moments thought you have to admit that nothing immediately comes to mind. No memories of glowing hands or people flying that had thinly held excuses, no crackling witches or wizards with phone numbers in the yellow pages...

But...

You remember, was it one year or two years ago? But a group of bank robbers.. within five minutes of locking themselves into the bank, they had literally melted into the vault and then through the vault floor into.. somewhere, the newspeople didn't take their cameras further in. It was such a neat, perfectly round hole. Both times. Even on the vertical door...

You put it out of your mind as something that didn't concern you then, I mean, you didn't even use that bank, but.. well, that might need a rethink. As does the statement that the government had a 'special team' on the robber's trail.

And beyond that.. you remember rumors. You weren't super well known in the night time scene for dance clubs, but you were rich, willing to spend money, and not given to insulting people poorer then you for no reason. You heard the rumors. How to call protective spirits.. and why you would need to call them if you lived on the street or as a poor family. You remember fellow kids who claimed to have bought luck potions, that strange man you saw once serving this very ugly girl fanatically who this goth you knew claimed had been fed a love potion. That's kinda a scary thought, really.

And some of the people your dad knew.. they were rich, yes.. but you can't seem to remember why, or how, or from what. They were just.. there, and treated with a strange respect even by those very rich people that normally treated everyone else, even those in your class, very rudely.

...You've come to the conclusion that you really don't know enough. Hum, come to think of it, isn't the school supposed to have a magic users club? You never took it as something to care about before, but now. Well. Maybe you should check it out sometime.

It's around then that the commotion from the front reaches you. Seems that sports star who just transferred in this year, same time you did, took a nasty fall. Might have broken your leg. Pity you weren't up in front.. maybe you could have helped and won some cute girl points. On the other hand, you don't think this line of thought was something you should have put off for too long...

Still, Gym ends eventually, and then on to the rest of your classes, and you find yourself to distracted by your sudden case of nerves and the actual schoolwork to do much idle thought for the rest of the day.

Until the last period. Study hall. To skip or not to skip.. your grades are good enough, but.. if someone did detect the cards being activated.. You normally go to study hall. Should you really change your routine while you know so little? Or maybe your just being paranoid. You could go back to your dorm early and talk to Mami some more.(Good thing you have a single. And a not small one to. Bonuses of being rich!) Or maybe go check out that magic users club? On the third hand, you have a free hour now. Maybe you should make a Blank Card? Just in case? And to prove you can do it...

[ ] Stay in study hall, study, act normal.
[ ] Go home, talk with Mami
[ ] Go check out Magic User Club. Weren't they having an event today anyway?
[ ] Go home, make a blank card. Do some thinking on the card system while you are at it, see if you can find some more info. Like how to make item or spell cards, maybe?
[ ] Write in

Post 5

[X] Go check out Magic User Club. Weren't they having an event today anyway?
Welp, it's not like you need study hall that much, right? You have good grades in general, and mainly you just go to hit on the teacher's aid, and surely you can skip that for at least one day without disaster striking?

You wait for the sudden ominous thunder.....Silence. Ok, you're good to go.

Off to the exhibition hall it is.. Actually, where are they having the event, anyway?... Maybe you should go find a map.

.............Searching Searching........

Ugh. That took way to long. Why did it have to be at the other side of the campus? Good thing you decided to skip study hall. If you'd tried to go afterwards, you'd have never found it before it ended. Not that it looks like any real magic is happening.. Card tricks, stage magic, so on and so forth... Now you understand why people were calling it the Witch Club though.. It sees to have five females for every male member. That must be fun.

Still, if they have real magic, they aren't showing it off. On the other hand, the stage magic is pretty neat, so you settle down and start watching the shows, while trying to figure out how things are done. Some are obvious.. others less so. Not a bad way to spend an hour or two.

Of course, something has to happen to interrupt it... Someone is having a screaming match in the back rooms suddenly, and there is some sort of commotion outside. Weren't the martial arts club having some kind of tournament next door? Maybe something happened over there. Now, what to do, what to do..

[ ] Ignore the things. This is an interesting show, and you're still hoping to catch one of them using real magic.
[ ] Go check out what the screaming argument is about. It's attracting other observers, club members and not, so something interesting is probably happening.
[ ] Go outside and see what all the noise is about.
[ ] Use the distraction to see if you can poke around in the back rooms. Probably won't find anything, but who knows? Hard to explain why if you are caught though..
[ ] Write in
Blank Cards: 0
Cards in Use: 0

Post 6

[X] Go check out what the screaming argument is about. It's attracting other observers, club members and not, so something interesting is probably happening.
Leaving the Magic Show behind you, you follow the flow and start wandering into the back rooms, following the noise like everyone else. Soon you find yourself watching two seniors in the outfits of the vice presidents of the Magic User Club uniform having a very very vicious fight... Not that you can understand what they are saying. Sometime in the argument, about when you entered the room, they abandoned nice sensible Japanese and started speaking in other languages to better insult each other...

And you don't know enough to follow what they are saying. 「You can feel something shift inside your head, a wheel once blocked and now turning. For a second, Mami's card floats before the eyes of your mind. She knows English, you suddenly understand.. A connection is made.」
it's kinda disappointing, but you don't actually mind being in a cramped room with a large crowd, mostly made up of members of a club nicknamed the witch club. No, you don't mind this at all you decide as you are accidentally shown the cleavage of power by one of a pair of pretty indian twins.

Still, the argument seems to be ending. From the doorway, you can see Professor someone or another, the facility adviser to the club, making her way through the crowd.. and in the argument, the boy, Malfoy whatever his name was, a true and piddling proof of how annoying some of your fellow moneyed people are, is being verbally beat down into silence by.. Whoever the girl is. Manger or Hanger or something.

You don't know what she's saying, but it sounds very very viscous... Well, judging by how his face whitens when she insults his ancestry at least. His hand darts for something in his pocket as his visage twists with wrath.. and then the Professor is here, and a thundering clap of her hands signals the end to the proceedings. "Enough!" She snaps out. "What is this, another row interrupting our events? Enough I say! You know the policy! And now, when we've had an activation.." She pauses suddenly, eyeing the crowd. "Well. My office. Now."

The pair of them kinda urk... But.. what is that veil? Ever since the professor has entered the room, strange.. whiffs of a white substance, transparent and floaty, have been drifting around..

Strange. You suspect that you may have found a magic user or three here after all.

....Though what did they mean by activation? Are they talking about you?

Well, that's a potentially worrysome thought. Something to think about indeed.

Glancing at your watch, you suddenly notice the time. It is Late! And as you leave the backrooms with the crowd, you notice the displays being torn down.. and the fighting outside is no longer hearable. Probably time to go 'home' you guess.

Lucky you have a single, and a large one at that. Yay for being rich!

But what to do once you get home? (Choose two)

[ ] Summon Mami for a talk (Write in!)
[ ] Work on making a blank card. That way if someone does attack you or something, you might be able to get some more info afterwards. If you win.
[ ] Consider the knowledge that keeps floating up in your head some more. Maybe learn how to make spell or item cards? Or other questions.. (Write in!)
[ ] Go to bed early, wake up extra early, and then do some morning research on the Magic User Club.
[ ] Actually, your kinda hungry and don't feel like cooking. Maybe you should get some take out on the way back?

Post 7

[ ] Summon Mami for a talk (Write in!) (Larekko12, Scia, Pipeman)
[ ] Work on making a blank card. That way if someone does attack you or something, you might be able to get some more info afterwards. If you win. (Larekko12, Malcolmo, Biigoh, R.A.G. Pipeman)
[ ] Go to bed early, wake up extra early, and then do some morning research on the Magic User Club. (Vindictus)
[ ] Actually, your kinda hungry and don't feel like cooking. Maybe you should get some take out on the way back? Also a second serving for Mami. (Scia, Biigoh, Vindictus, R.A.G.)
Walking home, you pause at the door to the local McDonald. Given all that has happened today, do you really want to have to cook tonight? After a pause to think, you are forced to admit the answer is 'No, not really'. Fast Food it is.

Hum, what to buy.. Well, all of it looks equally (un)tasty, so.. Happy Meal it is. Yay hamburgers!

So decided, you walk into the joint.. Oh crap your room supervisor is here time to go the other way before she.. To late, she saw you. And.. huh, you didn't know she had an elder sister.. still, damn it and drat, you didn't want another lecture and proper room keeping protocol.. And ugh, sudden dizzy spell.「Rain forms ripples. Gears turn. The burning lidless all seeing third eye opens for the first time. Behold the World!」

And did the two of them have fuzzy ears and tails for a moment!?.. Probably hallucinating, right? Been worrying about the magic stuff to much... You hope.

As you shake your head and open your eyes again, you see Miss Minori looking at you with concern. "Mikogami.. Are you alright? You aren't looking to good.." She asks. And then ruins it by frowning and continuing. "As your floor's supervisor, if you get sick it will reflect badly on me!"

Shaking your head, you wave her off. "Just a dizzy spell.. I think the heat has been getting to me. This is one hot summer..."

She snorts and rolls her eyes. "If you say so. But what are you doing out here this late anyway? It's almost curfew!" Her sister then pokes her head over Minori's shoulder. "Cool down sis, he's doing the same as we are. Getting some dinner." "Kojoro, he's my responsibility, why are you poking your nose into.." And so they immediately start squabbling with each other.. Must be true siblings! Still, time to take the chance to get some food and then get out before she remembers that you are here...

Let's see. Happy Meal for you, plain double burger, now.. hum, maybe you should get something for Mami, what would she want-「Connection」-Ah a happy meal with a big mac and toy.. Wait.

"Miss Minori? Why are you and your sister staring at me?" She freezes. "Uh.. Nothing! Just thought I saw something for a moment! Anyway! Kojoro we're going to be late to the meeting lets go Mikogami don't you dare to be late to curfew again and get that eyesoar off your balcony already we've had more complaints-" And then she's out the door and too far away for you to hear anything else she says. Welp. Time to get your orders, go home, and have a panic attack as everything you've suppressed over the day catches up with you. She did not have fuzzy ears and tails again when she was forcing her sister out the door, and neither did said sister. Really.

And if you repeat that long enough, you might believe it.
-----------Dodadoda Batman-----------​

Right! Home at last!

Nice building, behind the swimming pool which means you can often get a nice look at the pretty girls in their swimsuits, at least from your sixth story room, private bathroom and microkitchen, living/studyroom, tiny storage cubbyhole, and a small bedroom.

Setting the food down, you pull Mami's card out and consider it for a moment, now how do you call her out-「A thousand wheels revolve as one.」-Ah, that's how. "Mami Tomoe." You intone, your voice, for but a second, echoing as if from a deep and dark cavern.. But more solid then steel at the same moment.

And there is light! Fortunately, not to much light, and you'd closed the curtains first.

But it is done, and so it is that a maiden fair stands in front of you. "Happy Meal?" You offer her, she that is bound. "It has a cheeseburger."

And so it is that the fair maiden thanks you for your mercy, and you both set to feasting. "..What is this?" "One of those beepy electronic toys. You push the buttons to do things." "Such wonders of future..."

Aaaand you poke at the happy meals toys a little, admittedly. I mean, they are beepy and fun! What more could you ask for? But during the meal, you also ask her a question. "..So." You ask, and so she responds. "Master?"

Pausing for a moment, you realise "...I never did tell you my name, did I? Mikogami Hayato. Please be free to use my name instead of a title." And so, with a smile, she replies."..Mikogami. Thank you." You shrug. "If nothing else, having you call me that could spread sad rumors... Anyway, I had a question."

Once more focusing on you, instead of her food, as hungry as she seems to be.. "Yes?" With a frown, you continue. "...Earlier today.. this floor's supervisor.. She seemed to, for a moment, have furry ears.. and a tail."

Mami blinks. "Already?" You blink. "Wait, it's normal for people I know to randomly grow tails?" Waving her hands, she denies that with embarrassment."No No! I meant Breaking the Veil. The Veil is a common form of minor illusion.. well, common forms, its more of a collective name for a host of minor spells then a spell in and of itself.. But the point is that anyone with active mana can easily see through it. As such, it veils the world of magic from the world of.. well, not magic."

"Wait." You state as you realize something. "..That means she's always had... animal bits?" She nods. "Probably, Mikogami-Sama, it's just that now that you are practicing a form of magic.. you probably did something with the cards, asked a question and got an answer when you saw them, right?"

Shaking your head, you inform her. "No, not really.. though I did see them again just after I did be informed of what food you would like." Pausing for a moment, she blushes. Slightly. "Really? Um.. thank you. But.. I guess the left over mana from last time you used the spell was still in your system then. Or something... I'm not really an expert. Sorry Mikogami-Sama. But now that you've broken the veil once, you can probably do it again.. just try to see the truth when you look at something... Skilled people can sometimes feel having their veils seen through though, so.."

"Be careful. Got it." You nod.

Well, that's interesting. And somewhat disturbing. But also interesting. And then you finish dinner. "So.." Mami looks at you. "..Um. What do you want me to do now?"

Opening your mouth, you pause for a moment.. You were considering offering her the couch if she'd prefer spending the night out, but.. well, you seemed to have embarrassed Minori a bit. What if she does a surprise inspection in the morning?

[ ] Offer the couch, warn her she needs to unsummon herself if someone else gets in.
[ ] Banish her back to her confines for the night.

Still, once that's settled.. well, you have a project to get to. A new blank card.. you know how to make it, as much as you know how to talk, to move your hands, to walk and run.. it is as natural as breathing. Pull the power forth and weave, stitch by stitch, whisper the words of binding in that forgotten tongue, confine and bind, shape and mold, give form and purpose, to break and seal, control and master.

And once done.. you can feel it, heavy in the back of your mind. Empty. Waiting. Hungry. A pressure as deep as the sea, an emptiness that desires only to be filled. Patience as eternal as the mountains.

..You probably should be careful with these things. If you make to many, you don't know if you'd be able to keep in control if an opportunity knocked... You think that making another wouldn't take as long though, now that you have some practice. Maybe..a half hour instead of an hour?

Also, you've been hearing it for a while, but it is only know that you finish that you really notice the panpipe music waffing in from somewhere outside. For a moment, you feel the urge to go out and find the source.. but No. You're sleepy. And with a grumble, you close the window and go to bed,

But in the morning...
[ ] You make a full breakfast for you and Mami. And talk to her a bit (Write in questions)
[ ] Go go visit the commons, steal some food, see what everyone is talking so loudly about.
[ ] You go do some preclass studying in the library
[ ] You watch the people out the windows for a bit. Some swimmers like to take advantage of the pool in the morning before it fills up, and a few are quite cute.
[ ] Maybe you should glance at the morning news?

Post 8

[X] Offer the couch, warn her she needs to unsummon herself if someone else gets in.
[X] You watch the people out the windows for a bit. Some swimmers like to take advantage of the pool in the morning before it fills up, and a few are quite cute.
- - [X] Wake up to the morning news on the radio

Inspection Check.... No Inspection.
Stirring in your sleep, you awake to the tasty smell of pancakes in the morning.. Pancakes you didn't have to cook yourself. Mmmm....

Annoyingly though, someone seems to have turned the radio on.. seems they're doing a history episode on the school. Something about the legends the school woods had.. before they were fenced off when the school was put up. Yousei and youkai and ghosts oh my!

It sounds like quite a collection of scary stories indeed.. But you have food to eat! And so you wander into the kitchen, where you find Mami has found an Apron and started cooking. She looks cute in it..

And impression which you belatedly realize she can feel through the Cardbond. She also looks cute when she blushes though, so it's not bad. And the pancakes are tasty.. and so you spend the first part of the morning in companionable silence, eating tasty food. Eventually though, the feast is done, and with a bow Mami returns to her card until you choose to call her forth again.

And honestly, those old scary stories you heard on the radio were a lot more interesting now that you know that magic exists. Perhaps sometime you will find that portal underhill that those ancient heroes hedged around with iron and blood to keep the fey out.

Though you make a mental note you really need to have a question and answer session with Mami soon. You need to learn more about magic society in general.. and her as well. Have you really not even considered asking her how she was bound yet? It'd be awkward yes, but still..

Anyway though, it's time for your favorite part of the morning! Watching all the pretty people who go swimming in the public pool this time of day, when it's less crowded. And beyond that, you've had an interesting thought...

From up where you are, even if someone does feel you 'break the veil'.. well, they'd still have a hard time finding you, right? And if you see anyone looking, just duck back inside.

And so you spend the morning hour pleasantly watching pretty people in skimpy clothing. And beyond that, you spend the day noting just how many obviously supernatural entities you can see. Oh, sure, they aren't that large an amount in the greater scale of things.. but it's still far more then you guessed. Did you calculate wrong.. or is there something about this school that draws them here? Either way, the population that is actually supernatural is probably a fair bit higher then the ones whom are obviously supernatural to the eyes of a person with only one day's worth of learning.. and most of that in his lunch break!

Who knows how many magicals are actually about? You sure don't.

...On the griping hand, seeing a real mermaid was pretty cool.

Still, it's about time to go to class, when a sudden thought strikes you.. Is it smart to go back to the rooftop today? No one should have seen you go there yesterday, but if someone did detect you finding the cards, an easy way to find out who did it would be to watch the rooftop until they came back.. But it is the most private place on the campus you know of. And privacy is of a fair bit of importance should you desire to summon Mami and talk to her.

Oh, you could go back to the dorm.. but that's such a hike you'd have like five minutes. To eat. Much less talk.

Of course, you could also spend lunch hour learning what has all your fellows in such a tisy this morning...

[ ] Risk the rooftop. (Write in for conversation topics acceptable, otherwise will be on generic magic society info)
[ ] Try to find some other private place. (Write in for conversation topics acceptable, otherwise will be on generic magic society info)
[ ] Eat in the actual eating areas, Catch up on the gossi-.. err, local student known information.

Post 9

[X] Eat in the actual eating areas, Catch up on the gossi-.. err, local student known information.
And so you make the choice to actually eat in public, and listen to the people you don't know talk to each other as they pass by.. But first you have the wonders of class to get through. Bleh

Boring, Boring, Boring but hot teacher, Interesting subject with horrible teacher....

Whoever said that school life is a riot was utterly correct. It's simply a riot of boringness, instead of anything more fun. Well, who knows, things might be looking up soon.. Or something. I mean, if Manga has taught you anything, life must get more exciting now that you know what magic is, right?.. You dearly hope at least.

But, onwards and upwards, and you make it to lunch without falling into a boredom caused coma.

Honestly, you've never eaten in the commons before. It's surprisingly nice. Cunning construction keeps it from being too echoy from all the people inside it, the tables are neatly separated into niches by cunning use of plantlife and walls giving you a surprisingly large amount of privacy..

You still like the rooftop better, for the sun and the view and the wind, but this isn't actually all that bad.

..What is bad seems to be what has everyone else is such an excited state...

It seems that some students have gone missing! They never returned for curfew last night, and still haven't been found. Huh. That's new and bad. Mostly people from the Golden Ivy Dorms it sounds like.. On the other side of the school, by the edge of the forest.

.....Huh. Maybe your idea of finding a private spot in the woods wouldn't have worked out so well after all. You bet that searchers are everywhere in it right now... Be something if those panpipes you heard had something to do with it, but.. well, your imagination and that radio special is probably just teaming up to give you a chill.

But maybe, just in case, you should ask Mami what she knows about the fey next time you have a chance. You know, just in the small chance that those old stories did have something to do with it.

Well, nothing you can do about it right now. The wonders of Gym and Bitch- Sensei await! It's Dodgeball today, so at least you can 'accidentally' bean her in the head when you 'miss' the target that ran between her and you. Yay found memories.

And so on, and so forth, until you once again reach the end of the day. And once again you have to decide what to do for study hall...

[ ] Study hall Times. Then go do one of the other options after that. (Say which one)
[ ] Go home, talk with Mami. Ask her some of those newly urgent questions. And maybe you can go do something else afterwards if that doesn't take to long.. (If you do study hall first, you will be extremely unlikely have time for a third option unless the talk is very very short)
[ ] Maybe you could explore the woods and find something interesting?
[ ] The Music club is setting up in the commons again. Maybe you should go interact with your peers, listen to nice music, and maybe learn some more details of the missing persons case? You could probably hit up Miss Minori for some interesting details...

Post 10
Re: Lilith Game [Orignal/Crossover/CCG Quest]

[X] Study hall Times. Then go do one of the other options after that. (Say which one)
[X] The Music club is setting up in the commons again. Maybe you should go interact with your peers, listen to nice music, and maybe learn some more details of the missing persons case? You could probably hit up Miss Minori for some interesting details...

Well, off to study hall it seems, your math could use some review anyway. And so could your history. To be precise, you think you might write up an 'extra credit' history report on the legends of this school.. and the lands that used to be here.

And what legends there were indeed! This was a pretty haunted place, long ago. Ghosts and demons and fairies oh my. Horrible tree spirits that hunted the living, oni that devoured those who were unlucky enough to be seen, Fox wives and snow maidens...

And of course, the fey who carried off those who heard them into the underhill, where if lucky they'd be released by the dawn. Otherwise.. well, Rip Van Winkle time, it seems. Barring a few times when heroes ventured forth to bring back loved ones and such, or when a mighty mage forced them at cursepoint to go away. That was when the fairy rings got blocked off, by the legends say. And then they didn't bother anyone again. Unlike the oni and such.

Huh. The legends don't really say why the Oni stopped raiding, the yuki ona stopped showing up, and Kitsune stopped annoying people. Reports just kinda.. pettered out about two hundred years ago. The most recent legend you can find was when a Tengu challenged the local temple to a race for some un-named prize. About one hundred and fifty years ago, and nothing before that for a good ten years.

Still, who knows how useful memorizing some of those legends might turn out to be? Your glad you made the time to do this.

Now on to the party! Or at least on to the good music.
----Party!----​

Huh. New horn player. She's ok, but not as good as the last one. Still decent over all, even if they keep remaking old westerns as rock and roll songs. The music makes a nice back ground as you listen to the gossip. Seems the missing count has risen.. or at least more people have been confirmed missing to the rumor mills. 14 people in all now.. Not a good sign.

And.. is that Miss Minori crying over there? Sure, you don't like her that much, but... Well, you don't dislike her enough to want to see her like that. Right, time to bring her a drink and ask what's wrong.

Alright, you now have a crying Minori attached to your front. It seems that her sister, Kojoro, is one of the people who went missing. She was helping look for the vanished students.... and then didn't come back when evening fell.

You pat her on the back and try to make reassuring noises.

But, um..
[ ] What Do?

Post 11
[X] Tell her everything will be... fine? And promise to... help? Yes, promise to help you idle rich kid. Cute girls are in danger.

"Shish.." You try to say calmly as you pat her on the back gingerly. Normally you'd be far happier about having an attractive girl plastered to your front, but...

"It'll be ok." You tell Minori. "I'm sure Kojoro will turn up soon.. You know how big the forest is, she probably just lost track of time and then got lost."

"She had a radio with her.." Minori admits. "And.. it's not being answered.... She's not the only one.. there's another three searchers that didn't.." She cries more into your jacket. Damnit, that didn't work. Um. Hum.

"..Well, I'll find her then." You decide. "What?" She interjects startledly. "What what? I hate seeing sad girls, this is making you sad, therefor I will find her and you can go back to yelling at me like normal." You state, with utmost confidence in your perfect logic.

..Hum. She doesn't seem as impressed by it as you are. She then shows this by explaining exactly why you're an idiot if you think that one schoolboy can do something the entire staff can do and anyway her sister is much better at taking care of herself and woodland lore then you are and if you're going to go out there where students have been told not to she'll be blamed and..

Well, that worked perfectly! Sadness into Indignation Transmutation Effort Complete!

Now you only need to escape her.. "Anyway, you want this drink or not?" You interject in one of the rare pauses when her lungs demand more air. "I need to go get a refill for my own. Be back later!"

And then off you dash before she can figure out what you just said!

..So. Time to go forest hunting. It's only a few moments to slip out from the party and to a section of the wood fence that some enterprising soul took a pair of chaincutters to a while ago, leaving a slit you can slip through if you are flexible. And know where it is of course.

But perhaps before you go out there, you should go back to your room and pick up a few items? Compass, flashlight, that sort of thing? It'll probably take an extra half hour though...

And what is your plan anyway? Maybe you should ask Mami for advice.. or just how good she'd do in combat if it turned out to be like that. At least you have your cards on you...

Honestly, you aren't really sure where they are when you aren't holding them. They just seem to turn up... It feels like their is some sort of limit to that though, now that you think of it.

[ ] Supply Run? Yes No?
[ ] Plan?

Post 12
[X] Get equipment!
- - [X] Ask Mami for advice!
- - - - [X] Time to go hunt down some [THINGS]...
- - - - - - [X] But be careful ~<3

So, home first. Get a Flashlight. That should be helpful. So should a compass. And that big heavy swiss army knife your uncle got you a few years ago. You also get your jacket. After all, it might start raining.

But also.. Well, Maybe you should ask for some advice, yes?

And so you call out Mami and fill her in on the situation..

"Fey." ...Wow. She doesn't seem to like them very much. After a moment her face clears. "..Honestly, I don't know much." She admits. "Not about these ones in specific.. I have never dealt with them before. In general, what you should remember is that they do not think as we do, do not have motivations in the same.. To sum it up, and this is horribly easy to forgot, they are not human, and treating them as humans can, has, and will lead to tragedy. It is the same to expect them to act as humans do. Even when not directly hostile.. They can do much harm by accident."

You sense history there. But this probably isn't a good time to go into it.

"Remember that the inability to say a mistruth is not an inability to lie. Do not appeal to their mercy, for it is unlikely to be granted. Do not eat or drink their foods, and never take a gift without a known price." Mami shakes her head. "And Master? Remember to use your Mental Defense Card. They are infamous illusionists."

Ah, right, the Mind Ward.. Maybe you should go figure out how it works. Oh. So simply. Hold it in your hand. Picture those it is to affect. Yourself and Mami in this case. Feed it it the energy.. and watch it go to work.

....Ok, That was an interesting experience. Maybe you should try figuring out how these things work ahead of time.. Anyway, the card is blank now. It's in use. You'll have to reset it to include more people, like anyone you rescue, so make sure you don't get snagged while it's resetting, yes?

But off to the woods you and her go! A man and a lady.. it makes you feel vaguely embarrassed to know that if combat breaks out you'll be hiding behind her, but come down to it, she is the actual trained magic user here.. Gun and Ribbon magic, she said, though how ribbon magic will be useful you don't know.

And Here is the Fence, and Here is the cut in it.. And Mami just jumped over the thing, you feel so jealous.

But now.. Where to search?

..You can hear Panpipes again. That probably isn't a good sign. Or is it? I mean, if you are looking for them anyway...

Waving Mami down when she tries to tell you, you inform her. "I know.. i can feel it now, Calling at our minds, to come and play. I suppose we should go visit, yes?"

But how to do so?
[ ] Boldness! Go directly after the source
[ ] Caution. Circle around the source, using the tune as a reference.
[ ] Imagination! Write in.

Post 13
Vindictus said:
Disgaea, assuming you're willing to put some time into grinding.

Once you find a map with a 'Enemy Level +' geo field, well... The levels do cap. At, like, 9 999 [Endgame boss is ~100]
And how much grinding have you all done so far, eh?
[X] Boldness! Go directly after the source
- - [X] Fortune favors the bold!

And so you and your blond haired minion set off after the noise, walking through the woods under the light of the moon. Quite spooky and fairy tale like. Which is only appropriate considering what you are actually doing. Well, at least you have eye candy.

You aren't really sure how long it takes, as the walk seems to last both forever, and simply end within moments of you choosing to follow the music. But come to an end it does, as you find yourself in what seems to be a dead end, a blockage of the path that is formed by a tangle of fallen trees, Or so you would think if you Dimension Key card wasn't reacting to something.. an awareness that it could be used against the closed field ahead of you that was apparent in your mind.

And so it is that a mystery is shattered, a lock revealed, a seal bypassed.. And you find yourself entering a clearing, quietly and discretely, without the bombardment of a brute force entrance.. And here the fey dance and play, party and delight upon the event their return to this land.... Honestly, it makes you paranoid. A feeling that you share with Mami, a single glance and the strange card created empathy you have with her communicating your mutual on how you could find this place so easily when the staff couldn't?

Perhaps it has something to do with your mental defense. Of course, the only way to test that would be to turn it off. You aren't of the opinion that would be a good idea. Or maybe, without a Key of there own, they simply can't get in? Who knows. What's important right now is that you are in, and now is the time to go looking around, before anyone notices you don't belong.

But where do you go first? A glance around shows many options.

[ ] Dance! Join the music, join the fun, Dance with Mami, and keep an eye out for your fellow students and goal as you do. Perhaps they are dancing too?
[ ] Hum, that buffet looks exceedingly appetizing. Perhaps a bite to eat? And maybe some of those you seek will also be munching.
[ ] Games and delight, chance and risk. What is a party without fun? Care to join the wagering, and find anyone who has lost to much to leave?
[ ] Of course, parties also have entertainment and shows. Should you go and see if the clown has lost anyone down his hat?
[ ] Well, this is a wild party, sure enough. Why make plans? Wander and explore, and see if you can find anyone.

Post 14
[X] Well, this is a wild party, sure enough. Why make plans? Wander and explore, and see if you can find anyone.

Well, it's time to party! And so you stride into the celebrations like you have every right to be there, displaying confidence with every stride. For it is true that if you act sneaky, people will wonder what you have to hide... Act like you have the right to be there, and people will ignore you.

And so you wander, listening to the fey talk while avoiding being sucked into a conversation as you look for anyone you know. It seems gossip is the same everywhere, you decide as you listen to them. Who's seeing, or not seeing, who, what they did, rumors, spite, and amusement...

Still, you aren't seeing anyone you know.. until you make one sudden turn at a glimpse out of the corner of your eye and see a blank eyed schoolgirl you vaguely remember seeing around a few times following a handsome elf lord with a drink in her hand.. and two more girls playing in the game section, having joined the poker round when you weren't looking. One seems to have joined the prize section though, while the other is still playing, a desperate look to her stance...

[ ] Go talk to the elf lord about his new minion
[ ] Go look at the poker game and try to figure out what happened.
[ ] Write In.

Yah, this is way overdue.. Major case of muses block. Hopefully I can get some momentum going again.

Post 15
[X] Go look at the poker game and try to figure out what happened.

..Honestly, you don't think randomly walking up to an elf lord and asking him things is a good idea, and you can't see a way to slip naturally into conversation with him at this point. Maybe later?

But poker games.. well, nothing wrong with going over and asking how the game has been going, right? And thus do you learn of how a silly but cute math nerd tried to play poker, but had nothing good to bet with, and so decided to bet herself.. perhaps not really understanding what that meant, but still.

And then, of course, having no real training or practice at poker, she lost. Utterly. And now she's just another thing up for the takings by a winner. Not that she's the only one, as a collection of minor fey are also in the pool, as are a bag of glowing crystals, a plain golden ring, and a glass sphere. Oh, and a collection of what seem like gold and silver coins.

After the current round ends, and a few moments of negotiation, you join in the game with your compass as the 'entry fee'. It seems you guessed right, and it's iron needle and casing did make it useful to the fey. Still, now that the next round is starting, you need to decide what you are going to focus on winning...
Rank in Order of 1 to 7 for what you will prioritize on trying to win.

[ ] Schoolgirl
[ ] Minor Fey
[ ] Glowing Crystals
[ ] Gold Ring
[ ] Glass Orb
[ ] Coinage
[ ] Compass (The one you bought in with. This will make not loosing it's tokens a point of interest for you. You can order another one like this, but it'll probably take a few weeks, it's an old fashioned army surplus one.)

Last edited:
Post 16
And so the Dealer deals the cards as the next round begins. Glancing up at Mami, they attempt to draw you into conversation about the mortal world.. something you are in agreement for as long as they share information about the fey world. And so a second game begins, of wordplay and wit, above the cardgame.. well, besides the second mortal girl, who puts all her attention on the card game, and is having a surprise streak of luck..

Still, the game goes on with wordplay and bluff, cards and tells. The first hand goes through with relative speed, as you make heavy gains on both the schoolgirl in the pot and on some of the lesser fey, even if spirited resistance by the other players prevent you from going after objects lower on the priority list with any real chance of success.

The second hand continues in that fashion as you find yourself the suprise winner of the Golden Ring, which is quickly exchanged for majority influence on the glass orb after the fey try to take advantage of your 'almost embarrassingly obvious bluff' only to find you have a full house... Sadly, the main foe you have in seeking the mortal in the pot didn't bet her chips in, but you end up with a full array of the lesser fey after that round.

The third hand starts with your fellow mortal player suffering some serious setbacks as you make a bad bet and loose the majority of your coinage, but in a streak of luck she makes a surprise royal flush and wins back all her credits before fleeing the game with one last guilty look at the schoolgirl you are playing for, taking a small handful of coins and a single lesser fey with her.

And so the third round ends as one of the other fey players decides to escape with their winnings as well, and a new player joins in.. This elf looks far fancier then the rest, and seems to be of a higher ranking too. And then he smiles at you. "So, human, enjoying the game? Feel like making a little side bet?"

[ ] Express interest in the wager
[ ] Politely Refuse

Current Status of Stuffs expressed as how much of something's tokens you have
Schoolgirl: 34/80 (Main competitor for this has 28 tokens, with the last 18 spread across the other players.)
Minor Fey: 108/120 (Each 10 tokens is one fey)
Glass Orb: 15/20
Coinage: 14/180 (Each token is worth coin)
Glowing Crystals: 3/40
Compass: 7/30
Gold Ring: 1/20

You may now choose to change the order of which you desire objects. The Elf Lord is buying his way in with an Elven Dagger that the other players agree is worth the 100 tokens he has decided to use it to generate.

Not that not all tokens are equal to each other, with a Silver Coin Token not being worth as much as one for a Gold Coin.

Post 17
[X] express interest
"A wager?" You wonder. "Do go on. That sounds.. quite interesting."

The elf lord smiles. "I understand that you are looking for one of those halfbloods we bred long ago as pets." He tells you. "A.. Rival, let us call her, of mine is the one currently in possession of her. The Wager is simple. If you win more hand then I do in this game, I will assist you in taking her from said rival. If I win more hands.. You'll owe me one favor, to be collected later, in a way that will not cause you undue moral." He pauses is bemusment at the very word. "Difficulties, or require you to hand over one of your interesting cards. To be played until someone wins the mortal in the pot."

"Is that acceptable? If you refuse I will refrain from telling your target what you seek from him, but neither shall I aid you in your task."

[X] Agree
[X] Refuse

Post 18
Which offer again Fellgar?

[X] Agree

Pondering for a moment, you decide that you might as well agree. After all, it's not like you have a clue where Kojoro actually is at this point...

"Agreed then." You say, as Mami shifts in her spot and you feel her trepidation in your link to her. "May the best player win." He smiles. With Teeth. "Indeed, young mortal.."

And so the next hand starts.. and you find yourself blinking at the straight flush you get in the first hand. That seems to set a theme for this round, as you draw card after card that you need, and the Elf Lord is, much to his annoyance, drawing dud hands every round. The main thing slowing you down is another player who is being even more absurdly lucky then you are, if thankfully he seems more interested in the Elven Dagger then anything you want.

Hand after hand passes, and each one seems to leave you a little farther towards your goal, until, with a five victory lead over the Elf Lord, you finally win the girl and bow out of the game... Along with your handful of Fey Coinage (24 silver, 8 gold), nine lesser fey, and a single glowing crystal. A few moments of trading with the tokens you left over ends soon after, leaving you with a second handful of fairy money and a Silver Sewing Needle which can transmute itself, three times a day, into a fairy sword.

"Well." The lord says once you have walked off to a more private place so other fey can't earsdrop. "That was an.. interesting set of hands, but a fair one. The name you may know me as is Quickbeam Glitterpuff. The girl you are looking for is in possession of lady Honeyberry Clearleaf. There are three main ways I know of that may lead you to getting her into your possession. The first one is make a deal. Lady Clearleaf isn't that attached to her new pet yet, and if offered something valuable or useful enough, she wouldn't hesitate to give her up. The second way is.. well, she has a known weakness for a good game of marbles. If you could beat Lady Clearleaf in such.. of course, you'd have to put up a prize of your own. The third way is to steal her. The animal hasn't been taken home to be properly leashed and collared yet, so if you could arrange to walk off with her somehow.."

Pausing for a moment, he continues with "Of course, you probably want to take a few moments to sort out your new prizes first.." As he glances at the new trembling girl who's heart you hold in your pocket and the string of bottles with lesser fey in them that Mami holds.

[ ] What do?

Post 19
[X] Reassure the girl. You still have something to do here, so ask her to hold on a bit longer.
-[X] In fact, can she hold on to the string of bottles for now?
[X] Ask Mami if she's good at marbles.
[X] Once that's done, turn back to Glitterpuff. Ask him what Clearleaf would find valuable or useful to trade for the girl or risk her in a game, if Mami is good at the game.
Nodding at him, you admit.. "Well, true enough.."

Turning to your new prize you smile gently at her. "Hello there. I am." She cuts you off with a sudden nod and interjection, "Mikogami.. We have a math class together.." Mami nods. "I thought you looked familiar.. Hello, I am Mami Tomoe. May I know your name?"

Hum. She's... hiding inside her coat. That doesn't look very fun. "I'm... Junko M Matsumoto." She says hesitantly. "Master.. what are you planning on doing with me?" She half whispers as she shivers in the night air, compacting inwards.. Come to think of it, the dirty jokes the other fey players were saying about what they'd do with their very own mortal virgin.. those can't have been fun for her to hear. You can almost taste her fear-Oh, wait, that's emotional bleed off from her heart stone.

[ ] So, what will you tell her?

So, ya, you only got the first item done.. but her question kinda interrupted that.

So, are you planning on keeping her or not? Both are viable choices... And minions who aren't limited by the card system could be useful. As always, feel free to ask questions.

Post 20
[X] "Nothing, don't worry. Not sure if you'll believe me, but you're safe, alright?"
Smiling gently at her, you rest a calm hand on her shoulder. "Nothing, especially least for now." You reassure her. "I came looking for Kojoro.. Rescuing you is just a welcome bonus." Junko shivers a bit.. but feels the truth of what you are telling her through the heart you hold. "..Allright.. Master." She whispers, still looking broken as Mami sighs from behind you in pity for one caught in the games of the Fey.

.."Though." You pause for a second and then ask. "Considering what Glitterpuff has just told us.. do you happen to be a master at marbles?" "..Uh.." She hesitates. "I always won the contests in my dorm?" Mami volunteers before you ask her.. "I know how it works.. haven't played it before though... Theoretically it would fall in my skillset, but practice is.. well, there are reasons people do it."

Nodding, you turn back to Glitterpuff to ask something important. "So.. What kind of things does Clearleaf find interesting or intruding enough to bet or trade for?" "Mortal curiosities, rarities from the far realms.. When it comes down to it, she is a collector. The rarer and uncommon something is, the more she must have it. She does a great trade in the intangibles.. or did before the gates were closed. She'll be loath to give up a child of that bloodline unless offered something of equal value... But I am unsure of what she would consider equal."

[ ] So, now what? Ask new things, or decide to see if Junko is able to defeat a fey in Marbles?

Post 21 - Intro Episode (Night of the Fey) End
[3] Challenge

(6:10:57 PM) Megaolix: 1d100 for game
(6:11:05 PM) Chibi-Reaper: roll 1d100
(6:11:05 PM) qqdice: Chibi-Reaper rolled 1d100: 100 = [100]

(6:15:06 PM) Happerry: roll 1d100 clearleaf
(6:15:06 PM) qqdice: Happerry rolled 1d100: 38 = [38]

100+30 Verses 38+20
Oh god not in the face Victory for PC

So, after a few moments of thought and watching Clearleaf play.. you decide to risk it and challenge her. Well, after taking a moment to explain to Junko what the goal is...

And so do you join in the high stakes game with a wince as you find yourself forced to wager your family heirloom iron swiss army knife, passed down since world war one or twoish, as collateral..

But, well.. You soon find you had nothing to worry about. Junko not only is proving herself skilled... but she's having an absurd stream of luck as if you were in some shonen manga and the author had decided to absurdly favor the main character as some sort of plot device or something. It is ridiculous.

Every move causes at least four other marbles to be blown out of the ring at minimum, and often more. This is a game of the type you will not see again, and from some of the detect cheating and detect magic spells being woven and boggled at, the fey watching know that as well. It is Overkill at it's finest, and Junko horribly crushes not only Clearleaf but many of the other players as well.

It only adds insult to injury when Junko offers to come back and play Marbles with them again. Smirk included for free. It seems her crushing victory here has given her a bit of spirit back, and the chance for a bit of payback, even if it isn't on the same fey.. You wonder if this will cause you problems in the future.

As is, though, and for now, they rapidly find that the collateral they had put up for bids was no longer theirs... Both the Foxgirl that you had come to claim from Clearleaf, another student you don't recognize from anywhere, a glass spear, three green potions, a chained up book, and a... Dragonfly in a gold cage. Huh.

Some quick, and more polite once you quietly ask Junko if she really want some fey desiring evil revenge on herself, questioning establishes that no, Kojoro is not leashed yet and no you don't want her to be leashed for you (And as you explain to the fey in a way that they will understand, getting Minori to owe you for rescuing her sister is made kinda pointless if you end up owning her sister), the other student is from the Dance club (Already leashed. You don't manage to get anyone to tell you how to undo that..), the glass spear is a throwing weapon that turns into a laser when thrown (And then teleports back to your hand), the green potions are midpower combinations of health and mana potions, and the Dragonfly is.. some sort of spirit dragonfly. Or something. He wasn't very clear.

Oh, and the book was won off some human sorcerer a few hundred years ago, but was written in a language that no one who's gotten a hold of it has known so far. Obviously a spellbook, but you'll have to figure out how to read it..

And so, girl gotten (Even if Kojoro seems.. kinda traumatized and less bouncy then she was the last time you met her), you prepare to leave..

But first you see if you can get Glitterpuff to explain some of the prizes you got in the poker game. The Fey Coinage is.. well, look, money is money. Mortal money might be easy for fey to conjure up, being just paper, but gold and silver? Less easy. The Lesser Fey are the lesser fey, captured in some fight or challange or something off in the fey version of the hinterlands. He warns you that, as you currently lack a hierarchy of minions to force them to the bottom of and do degrading drudgework in, being human are less likely to boredly toy with their lives to amuse yourself, and if you let them go they'll have to trek through what is for them hostile territory only to, once they get home, be shoved on the bottom of the hierarchy again of that place...

Well, they'll likely stick around seeking to gain important status improvements like "Familiar" and "Useful Servant" and things suchlike that are less likely to see them idly kicked around. (You politely ignore how Mami starts muttering to herself about free target practice.) The Transforming Fey Sword is just a basic fairy blade with a disguise feature, as far as he can tell, and the crystal? Basic mana battery. Useful, but nothing epically rare or such. Oh, and he gives you a glowing glass ticket you can break to call in that favor he owes you..

Anyway, it's time and past time that you leave the party before the party gets you.

And so, breaking out from the party with the same Key you used to enter, you make your way back through the forest path you walked to get there in the first place, and take the same tear in the fence you used to get in.

As you get back into the school grounds, you split up with your new spoils on grounds that it's just to late to deal with this stuff right now, and give them instructions to not talk about his involvement please, we'll meet up in the morning for a fair talk.

And then you and Kojoro get back into your own building, and you have a choice to make..

You knocked on Minori's door, but no one replied.. Should you keep knocking until you have a sisterly reunion, or put Kojoro up in your room for the night and do it in the morning? Of course, you dump your loot off in your own room first anyway.

[ ] Sleepover
[ ] Keep Knocking

Loot List:
Bag of Fey Coinage (34 silver, 12 gold)
Fey Blade (Sewing Needle Disguise Option)
Laser Glass Throwing Spear
One Average Mana Battery Crystal
Nine Least Fey (Including Bottles)
Spirit Dragonfly (Including Gold Cage)
Spellbook (Chained, Unknown language)
Three Potions of Rejuvenation (Moderate)
Junko Mao Matsumoto/Math Nerd (Leashed/Heart Graced Owned By You)
Name Unknown/Dance Club Member (Leashed/Heart Graced Owned By You)
Kojoro (Kitsune/Fox, Free, Traumatized?)
Intro Episode : Night of the Fey/A Cardgame is Serious Business
End

Post 22
Vindictus said:
And the Fae would have to be a real idiot to bet herself.

Honestly, anyone would have to be a bit slow to put themselves into the pot. Really, this struck you as a good idea why?

As a reminder, I'd like to point out that you spent that entire party under a mental ward of unknown but probably high quality. They didn't have that luxury. Or the immunity to casual fey glamors. Or your ability to smuggle a cold iron anything in through the sealed space with you.

Pausing as you knock on Minori's door, you eye the still shocked Kojoro. "Say.. come to think of it.. would you happen to have a key?"

Their is a long moment of awkward silence when she blinks for a moment.. and then goes fishing around in her purse. A few moments later see the two of you slipping into her room.. just as a red eyed Minori makes her way out of her bedroom, where she'd been crying. There is shock, and then sisterly hugs and babbling as you slip out the room. They can take care of themselves now.. and it's late. Past midnight according to your watch. And you have class tomorrow... That's going to be fun in a way that is not fun at all...

And so you stagger to bed, letting Mami return to her card (And hum, maybe you should buy a hammoc or something for her. You're sure she'd like a real bed sometime.. And you aren't giving yours up..) and falling asleep to the whispers of the bottle fey on the counter. Something else you will deal with. But Later. After you get some sleep.

------

Urgle Burgle this is as crappy as you thought it would be gym sucks when you only have four hours of sleep argh you hate the world right now...

And now for history class while you are half asleep.. and then the fun of sleepy math .. not even perving out on the TA can keep you awake.. Great, the bell, now for nex-Oof! Ouch, damn it, you bounced off some girl you didn't know while you were yawning.. Well, you all got your stuff picked back up and you won't be too late, so whatevers.. Huh, wasn't she in the magic club? Woona or Doona or Luna or whatever...

Ah, finally. The Day is over! No more class!.. Just homework....

You know? Screw it. You are sleepy. Skipping study hall time is go!

And now you are home. So, what to do this evening?

[ ] So.. Miss Minori probably has questions.. and so do you. Maybe you could put off napping and go bug her? {Write in on Questions Welcome}
[ ] Mami.. Your most important supporter right now.. but what do you know about her? Maybe you can do some talking? {Write in on Questions Welcome}
[ ] The Bottle Fey.. You should probably deal with them sooner rather then later.
[ ] Magic.. How much do you know about it anyway? With how information on the Lilith Game seems to appear in your mind.. what can you find out? {Write in on Questions Welcome}
[ ] Sleep. You need it. Sleeeeeeep.

Post 23
[X] Sleep. You need it. Sleeeeeeep.

You sleep the sleep of the tired. The sleepy. The absolutely exhausted. And you dream of many things, but nothing that has to do with the plot.

Eventually, you wake. It is noon. This is in fact, why you woke up. As the sun is in your eyes. Bleg.

Oh well, at least it's the weekend now.. Still, you have several things to do today. You just need to decide in which order to do them..

Mark off your priorities in numbers. 1 is highest importance, 5 is least.
[ ] Bottle Fey
[ ] Minori and Kojoro
[ ] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[ ] Other Loots
[ ] Having a Long Talk with Mami about her history and the Card System

So, yah, short post but not really much to do without this vote.

Post 24
[3] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[4] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[5] Other Loots
[1] Having a Long Talk with Mami about her history and the Card System
Well, you have a long day ahead of you, but no reason not to get started.

First things first, you need to sit down with Mami and have a nice long talk with her about herself, the Card Game, and Magic in general...

Well, no, first things first you have to find Mami... And maybe have breakfast.

Pulling her card out, a moment of concentration lets you locate her.. She's sleeping on the couch again. Well, time to go wake her up and cook some pancakes.. Mmm, pancakes.

Soon enough, she too is awoken by the tasty smell of breakfast, and the two of you have a nice morning meal.

"So.. Mami." You say. "Tell me about yourself.. I've put this off for far to long, but I need to know what you know now."

And so she does. Of her youth as a young Japanese schoolgirl, and of her exposure to magic. The presence of a mysterious white fey who offered her a contract, and the monsters that she fought with the power she was granted... And of her eventual 'doom'. For the magic of the contract allowed the fey to recover her once her friends had thought her lost... Her doom and the revelation of the truth. That the contract, the monsters.. that was a farm, a farm for magic girls. And she was up on the auction next week.

She doesn't like speaking of what came next, and you don't push her for details, but that was when she was sold to the player of this game, and that was how she was carded. Eventually, she was left where you found her as an.. emergency stockpile, of sorts, you could say, so he could come back and regain her later.

Later never came. Until you found her.

...It is a far quieter you, with plenty of thoughts in your brain, as breakfast finishes.

Still, the weekend is here, and upon being asked what she wants to do, she asks to be let into the library for a while, so she can.. well, learn what happened while she 'slept'.

[ ] Allow her?
[ ] Return her to the card so that if you need her later today, she's there?
So, it's been a while. Here is my attempt to get around my muse blockage by separating it unto smaller chunks. Next up is the talk with Minori and Kojoro.

If something goes violent you probably want her there, but if nothing goes boomy having her more aware of modern culture would be a good thing if you want to deploy her without you to guide her.

Post 25
[3] Bottle Fey
[2] Minori and Kojoro
[4] Math Nerd and Dance Club Girl
[5] Other Loots
[1] Having a Long Talk with Mami about her history and the Card System

Well, no time like the present to go.. Wait, you almost forgot. "Mami." You interrupt as she heads for the door. "My apologies, but I forgot.. i had a few more things to ask about... I can not afford ignorance on how this card system actually works any longer, no matter how often answers seem to float into my head as I do things.. How much experience do you have with how this works?"

Not much seems to be the response. It's not like her last owner told her much of how things work, or that she was, well, actually used much, given he had a nice and large collection. But she does know a few things that you find interesting..

First off, most interestingly, is that you should be sensitive to the use of other cards within 'the radius of your awareness' as it was said. The two of you guess that this means you'll know a use when it's done in front of you.. It's more useful then it sounds, for cards are not always obvious is another fact learned. While it is easiest to hold the card out openly and invoke it by name as you have been doing, with experience and affinity you may unlock more subtle uses.. and when seeing an enemy throwing flame at you it will probably be useful to know the difference between a firebomb and a homing fireball.

Secondly, their apparently is some innate.. well, dueling code. Some way of declaring and answering challenges that should be innate.. Nothing comes to mind in the way that information has been doing when you ponder on that though. Perhaps you'll have to wait on meeting another player? Thirdly.. Thirdly you ask about the process of creating spell cards. It seems that, to make one, either you, or a card that you possess, must first be able to cast the spell slash enchantment slash ritual slash whatever. And then you simply cast it into a blank card.. the reason you'd do this is that such spells can be precharged before a battle, and do not need the complicated casting some spells demand to be done when the card is invoked, just when the card is made. And of course, you can grant spells to people who can't normally cast them..

Fourthly, you ask her about the Item Cards.. to be precise, how the Medical Kit restores its supplies. It seems that such item cards, when created, have a 'set template' they will slowly return themselves to when damaged.. and in the case of the Medical Kit, lacking supplies seems to count as damage. How useful...

With no other question coming to mind, or at least none other that she can answer, you leave her to the library and start heading off to Minori and Kojoro. But what do you want to talk to them about exactly?

[ ] What do you want to use as conversational topics with Minori and Kojoro anyway? Besides making sure they are ok and making sure they aren't going to call a hunt type thing down on your head for having cards.

Post 26
So... I know it's been a while, but have a surprise update!

It's only a few moments later when you knock on Minori's door. It's several minutes later when a still sleepy Minori actually opens said door.

"...Ah. You." She says after a long moment. Someone didn't get much rest last night, and it wasn't you. Well, it was you, but it sounds like she's even less awake then you are.

"Yep! Me." You reply with a grin and a nod. Maaaaybe a bit overly cheerful for her amount of sleep, but honestly after dealing with her as your hall supervisor for the past while, taking a guilt free chance to passively annoy her is something you do.. pretty much on automatic.

..It also doesn't usually lead to a moment of silence and then her giving you a (literally feeling) rib cracking hug while saying thank you over and over again.

--------​

Utterly ignoring the last few embarrassing (For one of you) moments, the three of you find yourselves sitting at a small table sipping some tasty tea. Neither of them are bothering to hide their tails or ears, even if Kojoro still seems weirdly silent after how you saw her.. was it one night or two nights ago? Well, after how bouncy she was at the fast food place. Minori... Minori doesn't look like she knows where to start talking. So it comes to you to start the conversation.

"So.." You begin with, choosing something that is hopefully inoffensive. "You two feeling any better now?" Kojoro seems to flinch and curl in around her tea, but Minori.. Minori takes a deep breath. "..Yes. Thank you. I thought you were crazy when I realized you'd actually left.. but.. Thank you for getting my sister back. I.. I don't know what I'd have done if she'd.." She trails off into silence, a silence that is easily filled by your imagination with things that mean fey nobles can do to people. Most of it is really not fun to think about it.

"But.." She takes a deep breath. "..I have to ask. How? How did you.. We can't even find the open portal zone. How did you find it? And... I didn't even know you had magic besides that strange surge in the fast food station. Why would you blow your cover, for whatever reason you had one, for us? We're." Her voice takes on a long held note of bitterness, as if she has heard this many times before. "Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans. Why?"

Kojoro hasn't looked up from her tea once so far.

Well.. Uh, this went strange fast.

[ ] Admit that you don't have a clue what she's talking about. Beyond the obvious basics that is.
[ ] Might as well roll with what she seems to have assumed and see how much more interesting sounding things you can get her to say. She's making some interesting sounding assumptions here...
[ ] Silly Kitsune! Your reasons and methodology are a secret!

(Yes, I know you haven't asked what you voted to ask yet. That happens next, and the how you do it depends on what you vote here. That said, this is one of the votes where one choice can be factually stated to be better then the others...)

Post 27
[X] Cover? Why would you ever need something like that? You did it because you knew and liked them, not their contacts or species. You don't really care about things like 'clans' and 'prestige'.

"Ooy!" You insert as you raise your hands up. "I don't have a clue what you're going on about."

There's a sudden awkward pause. "...No, really." You insist. "Here, let me tell you what has been happening in my life lately. I was off in my normal lunch spot, and then part of the wall disappeared. And in that hole, I found this." You slid the Mind Ward card out and place it on the table. "When I went looking for Kojoro, well, it seems to have worked?"

The pause is even more awkward now before Minori blanches. "Please tell me that's not a Lilith Game Card." You shake your head. "I could, but that would be a lie."

"....Gah?" That seems to be the relevant reaction. As well as twitching. "..I see.. Um.. Thank you for not forcefully carding us?"

You smile. "You're welcome. Even if we don't always get along, that would just be mean of me, and not being a random dick is something that I believe has important lifestyle improvement options."

"....Thoooooough." You continue after a much happier quiet moment. "If you do want to thank me, I really wouldn't mind a bit of 'Magic Thingies for Utter Newbs', if you get my meaning?"

"I can guess." Kojoro says, a ghost of the smile you saw on her face last time appearing. "I can also guess you don't even really know the questions you want to ask, if you did just find those damn things this week." You nod. "Prreeeety much."

"Well, in that case, let me enlighten you." Minori declares with her standard 'I get to lecture someone' smile. "It's the least I can do considering what you did for us."

"Now.. Where to start." She muses to herself for a moment before nodding. "I'm going to lend you a few books, as there's no way I can explain an entire secret history and society in just one sit down, but as for the basics.."

You ask, as she pauses to consider what the basics actually are. "So there actually is a 'Magic Community', not just people living in the mainstream society and using magic?"

Kojoro shrugs as her sister replies with "Yes and no."

"There's kind of a mix, you see." Minori continues. "People like me and my sister, we live in the world of science because, to be frank, it's safer that way. You saw it for yourself. The fey have only been out for a few days, and already those without enough magic to stand as equals to them suffer..."

"They say that guns made humans equal." Kojoro says softly. "If so, the world of mysteries has never had a 'gun'."

"The 'World of Mysteries'?" You interject. "Is that what most people call magical society?" The two of them nod at you. "And the World of Science is the name used for the modern world." Kojoto says softly.

"..And I've never thought of it that way, but my sister is right." Agrees Minori. "Magic... if guns are the great equalizers, then magic is the great unequalizer. No matter how long I live, no matter how wise I get.. My limits were set when I was born a Field Kitsune. Even pureblood humans.. Did you know that only one in a thousand, at best, can activate a Lilith Card? And of those, it's an even smaller amount that can support the effort easily, much less use more then one.."

Kojoro nods as she again looks down at the ground, half lost in memories. "I saw you.. just by what you used at that fairy party, you might literally be one in ten thousand or more.."

"The world of mysteries.." Minori concludes. "has always been the domain of tyrants. This is not an insult, for that is not to say that they are all innately evil or some foolish thing like that.."

"But," Kojoro tells you. "If you sent an army verses an archmage, you have good odds to get a dead army out of it."

Minori frowns. "To be fair, that's never been tested with a modern army.. but historically speaking.." She shrugs. "The powerful will rise to rule. This is the first law of the World of Mystery."

"Of course." Kojoro notes with a grin "That has been changing somewhat recently.. if the world of science has done one thing, it's that it's convinced lots of people that an world of equality is a good thing."

"Indeed." Minori agrees. "The world of mystery isn't one set culture either.. It's more of a set of areas of interest and control, rumors and influence in the bars and stores and halls of government."

"We live here because the 'modernists' faction of society pretty much control the campus." She continues, speaking bluntly. "To many college students who know at least one trick for any one person to be able to claim control of the whole thing, and the Magic Club has been a stronghold for the Equalists since the start."

"There's no secret handshake or real code of special laws here, in general, too." Kojoro adds. "Too many students who aren't part of the greater society enough to know one and yet who still practice anything between a single lucky charm for tests to some ancient family style of debatable power."

"Use your common sense and pretend that everyone has enforceable rights, and no lynch mobs show up, in short." Minori sums up. "If you leave here.. well, it'll depend on where you go. A lot of places just don't have anyone strong enough to enforce central control, or enough numbers to need special rules, but that's not all the places, and just because you aren't part of a faction or group won't keep them from going after you if you break their rules on their turf."

Things fall into a natural pause as the tea kettle goes off and they give you time to think about what they just said after that.

And now that you've had some time to think, you need to decide what to do next.

[ ] More Questions? (Choose Three max, please, for the sake of my sanity and post sizes.)
--- [ ] For 'Most places don't have enough numbers to need special magic governments' the campus sure has a lot of magical entities on it. Why is that?
--- [ ] So what does magic society as a whole think of the Lilith Game, anyway? They've seemingly made a point of not bringing that up so far...
--- [ ] Is the fey breaking loose like this common or something? And why did they come back now?
--- [ ] Speaking of magical entities, what did she mean by 'Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans'?
--- [ ] So, like, why is magic a secret anyway if Archmagi are so powerful and stuff?
--- [ ] Some other question?
[ ] Just ask about fairy magic for those two girls who's hearts you have already.
[ ] Maybe Mami would like to hear this? You could ask if they mind if you call her out.. assuming you don't mind letting out who your current sole summon is.
[ ] Something else?

Post 28
At this point, any Foxwife comments are being treated as antivotes to any chances of collecting these two.

[X] More Questions? (Choose Three max, for the sake of my sanity and post sizes.)
--- [X] So what does magic society as a whole think of the Lilith Game, anyway? They've seemingly made a point of not bringing that up so far...
--- [X] Speaking of magical entities, what did she mean by 'Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans'?
--- [X] Ask about fairy magic for those two girls who's hearts you have already.

[X] Maybe Mami would like to hear this? You could ask if they mind if you call her out.. assuming you don't mind letting out who your current sole summon is.

Nodding to yourself as you take in the information, you come upon a sudden thought. "Before we continue.." You ask the two. "With the cards I have found comes a warrior who, while has had some dealings with those of the magical world, was sadly somewhat ignorant of the greater scheme. Would you mind if I allowed her to listen in as well?"

Glancing at each other, they find no reason to disagree with that idea. "If she wants to learn, more power to her." Minori notes.

"Good." You reply as you summon her. "Kojoro and Minori, this is Mami Tomoe. Mami, this is Kojoro and Minori." And thusly is the conversation put in further delay as the three of them introduce each other, and she and Minori find a mutual delight in tea. Eventually though, you are once again forced to interupt them. "While this is a lovely conversation, and I'll have to make sure that Mami gets a chance to continue this conversation.. I do have a few more questions." The two kitsune are told.

"Aaah.. Sorry." Minori apologies. "I just.. there's not many people who care about tea enough to hold a good conversation." From the way Kojoro is yawning, she shares your opinion on how interesting the conversation was.."Anyway, yes, more questions.."

"Sorry master.." Mami mutters embarrassed..

"It's ok." Her master says with a nod. "It's nice to see you actually enjoying yourself.."

"But." You utter, looking at the Kitsune.. "I notice you've been careful not to talk about how the Lilith Game is viewed around these parts, and I kind of have an interest in knowing, you know?"

They sigh and look at each other.. "You noticed.."

"...well, remember what we said about power?" Minori says after another longer moment of silence. "To be able to use the Lilith Game.. You have it. You probably have a lot of it. And.. Well, there's not good way to say this.." Kojoro interrupts here. "What my sister is trying to find a good way to say is that nine out of ten famous players are utter utter dicks."

Sighing, Minori admits the truth to that. "By the very way the game works, people willing to go out and hit other people until they can't resist being crammed into a card.. have a fairly large advantage over those who don't. While, yes, how many cards you can actually support isn't so easily ranged, the sheer varity is a powerful advantage."

Kojoro nods. "And even the ones who don't.. as my sister said you have power. The kind of power that means even if you never gain another card, if you choose to dive into the World of Mystery you will be Someone, no doubt about it."

"It doesn't help that.. well, I'm not actually sure of the right word.." Minori muses. "Maybe traditional? Well, it comes down to the fact that life extension magics are a thing. The World of Mystery has always been more conservative then the Mundane World because of that.."

Kojoro nods. "Old people die less, so they're still here to whine at people if you dare change the 'good old ways'. Only replace 'whine' with 'set on fire'."

Pausing for a moment she continues with. "..Honestly, things have been getting tense lately. To many new people who neither know or care about the old ways running into traditionalists who aren't willing to accept any lip..."

Mami frowns. "That doesn't sound good."

Minori rolls her eyes. "You could say that.."

"While interesting, we seem to have gotten a bit off subject.." You remind them. "..Right. Um, anyway.." Minori continues. "What it comes down to is that Lilith Game players have a shady reputation, and a reputation for overwhelming power."

"Nooot the best combo." Kojoro agrees. "I'd be careful about, well, admitting what you are. Not that you'll get a lynch mob or something, but you could get a lot of annoying attention if it becomes common knowledge.."

"A shady reputation is shady, after all." Minori finishes for her sister. "I've known you for a while.. and to be bluntly honest, you could have just carded my sister and never mentioned you actually found her to me... if you didn't just card me too. I'm pretty sure that means I don't have to worry about you going on a power trip and trying to take over the campus.. But the fact is that people have gone on power trips and tried to take over whatever campus they were on."

Nodding, you glance at Mami for a second as you both consider that. "Master." She says. "Perhaps we should continue to keep quiet about this.." Nodding, you agree. "Seems wise to me."

"Anyway." Minori says. "Any more questions while were here? Honestly, I'm kinda surprised that no one has come to check up on me yet.. They did know my sister had gone missing..."

Frowning at those memories, our hero searches for a quick change of subject. "Come to think of it, what did you mean by 'Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans', anyway?"

They glance awkwardly at one another, in an unspoken argument over who actually has to answer that. Eventually, Minori sighs in defeat once her sister makes big solemn eyes and shamelessly exploits her recent captivity. "Well.. you know how in folklore Kitsune were actual foxes?" She says in an embarrassed voice. "And you've noticed how we're.. well, not?"

"About.. oh, three, four hundred years ago, an Archmage by the name of Kazuo Yoshida... His formal title was 'He Who Broke The Sky', if that matters, decided that the original linage of spirit blessed actual foxes had potential.. so he kidnapped them all. And did a breeding program." She continues. "People like me and my sister.. we're the more human result."

Looking sadly down at her tea, Minori sips it for a moment before she gives a bit more info. "The so called high clans... they were the finished product.. Me and my sister.. The Low Clans is just a catch all term for all us cast offs. The also rans.."

"..They get all the attention because, well, they have the impressive magical powers." Kojoro interjects bitterly. "Me and my sister? Cantrips at the best. No matter how strong we are, we just can't handle any greater powerflow beyond a few minor tricks literally built into us."

"Product is the right word." Minori says savagely. "He sold off a lot of us to settle one debt or another. Why not? It's not like any of us could do anything to stop him after all... And then he died, and no one else managed to get us tied back down. I just wish I knew who did the deed.."

Kojoro sighs sadly and pats her sister. Mami just.. looks sad. Must be waking up memories.. Just how much was a bastard was her old owner, anyway? She did manage to avoid getting specific about what he did..

Deciding to change the subject though, as this is getting.. well, into areas you don't want to think about to much yet, you give it a moment and then let out an attention getting cough. "Speaking of 'Own', your sister isn't the only one I.. managed to find in the fey party. On the other hand, your sister was the only one without having.." You pull out the heartstones and show them to the sisters. "Well, this being attached to her. They called them Heartstones..."

Minori spits her tea out. "WHat?" She says with a start, strangling the yell she begin with as she barely avoids choking on her drink. "Are you sure about that." Kojoro speaks for you. "That was what they called them.. why?"

Minori puts her face in her hands and breaths heavily. "Because.. Because they should be treaty bound, regardless of their access to this campus, not to use them on any mortal native to this area. If they can... Mikogami, thank you for showing me those, but I don't know how much I can help, especially if you want to keep your role in getting them quiet. But I'll see what I can find out.."

She really really looks afraid at this news. That probably isn't good..

[ ] More Questions?
--- [ ] For 'Most places don't have enough numbers to need special magic governments' the campus sure has a lot of magical entities on it. Why is that?
--- [ ] So what does magic society as a whole think of the Lilith Game, anyway? They've seemingly made a point of not bringing that up so far...
--- [ ] Is the fey breaking loose like this common or something? And why did they come back now?
--- [ ] Speaking of magical entities, what did she mean by 'Just Kitsune after all, and not even of the high clans'?
--- [ ] So, like, why is magic a secret anyway if Archmagi are so powerful and stuff?
[ ] Just ask about fairy magic for those two girls who's hearts you have already.
[ ] Maybe Mami would like to hear this? You could ask if they mind if you call her out.. assuming you don't mind letting out who your current sole summon is.

[ ] This conversation has been.. enlightening. Perhaps you have something else to ask her, about what you have just learned?
So, yes, as Minori said.. someone else is probably going to want to check on her sometime.. The more questions you ask, the more likely someone else will show up..
And really, if this has given you more questions feel free to ask them.. I'm not going to spoon feed you more questions in this session.. decide what is important to learn about yourselves.. this is a game about discovery as much as anything else, after all.

Last edited:
Back