• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Yeah so some of the directors are shady or asshats and Cauldron might be in control of the organization as a whole but ultimately their goal is saving lives and making sure the public learn to accept parahumans as part of every day life.
And what would help more? A Ward pushing someone over, simply because they were flirting with their friend, or a Ward protecting their friend from sexual harrasment. If they have the chance to choose between which of these events makes the news, you can bet they're going for the latter. Especially since they don't really have anything to fear from Sabah, since she's basically a nobody right now.

And what would help more? A Ward pushing someone over, simply because they were flirting with their friend, or a Ward protecting their friend from sexual harrasment. If they have the chance to choose between which of these events makes the news, you can bet they're going for the latter. Especially since they don't really have anything to fear from Sabah, since she's basically a nobody right now.

:rolleyes: They're not going to fuck someone over like that just for better press.

Yeah so some of the directors are shady or asshats and Cauldron might be in control of the organization as a whole but ultimately their goal is saving lives and making sure the public learn to accept parahumans as part of every day life.
Not at all true, it is a low priority goal compared to looking good.

This one is only Piggot's personal project* rather than national policy. The national policy is superheroes are perfect paragons and have no place being normal or having human flaws.

*It is kind of sad we never got to see what Piggot was actually doing to further that as she was way to busy due to PLOT to actually divert resources to something not mission critical. Maybe she had plans for a nice pro-rogue project.

Not at all true, it is a low priority goal compared to looking good.

This one is only Piggot's personal project* rather than national policy. The national policy is superheroes are perfect paragons and have no place being normal or having human flaws.

*It is kind of sad we never got to see what Piggot was actually doing to further that as she was way to busy due to PLOT to actually divert resources to something not mission critical. Maybe she had plans for a nice pro-rogue project.

No that IS the PRT's goal, they want to make sure Parahumans are accepted by people by playing them up as harmless the heroes as cool and heroic and only recently began moving into the "get people used to Rogues" part of the plan.

edit: from the Wiki article
The Parahuman Response Team is a government-funded organization designed to deal with parahumans, the fallout of their actions, and their integration into society.

The Parahuman Response Team mainly acts as a police and/or emergency response team trained to deal with parahumans and the fallout of their actions. To this end, the Parahuman Response Team has branches in cities with a meaningful number of parahumans.
The secondary goal of the Parahuman Response team is to integrate parahumans into normal society. The Parahuman Response Team planned to slowly acclimatize the public to various roles in society while preventing full-blown panic or escalating prejudice against parahumans.

Last edited:
You know, I kinda guess where skitzy is coming from with being confrontational. This kind of discussion already controls various worm Idea threads across multiple forums. And if we get into multi page discussions about Worm cannon every time he updates, i'd get a little frustrated too.

Naw, I woke up grumpy and it bled out into the thread.

I was busy at work though and couldn't shoot out a 'please ignore asshole-ness until I get a chance to edit it to not being as much of an asshole.' By the time I could, there had been replies.

Okay Sophia would basically get away with hitting Sabah with nothing more than more shit duties. Because she is a ward in a city that is fucked. And one of the more successful ones when she is allowed to patrol.

Its also super easy to spin that PR and say that stalker was keeping Emma from getting sexually harassed

Sexual Harassment is one of those few crimes where how the victim feels is a big thing. They wouldn't actually need to drag Sabah through the mud, just say that Emma was feeling sexually harassed. Throw in some 'names withheld as it was a misunderstanding between the younger and the older girl, and charges are not being pressed.' It would still likely ruin all the work she's done at the party so far, though.

Stalker would still get some shit duties because she did strike a person not engaged in a violent crime, blah blah blah.

The statutory rape thing doesn't really matter in the long run, unless doughnuts get rubbed together. True. Tossed it out there because it was about as relevant as the 'homosexuals are more accepted in Worm than IRL.' Distantly. Blacks haven't been second class citizens in the states in 50-ish years, there's still racism. Bet you that there are still homophobes running around Earth Bet, especially since, yanno, Neo-Nazis. Stat rape is a distant concern, due to ages involved.

And again GiftofLove Sorry I was such an ass, being grumpy after just waking up isn't really an excuse. mishie Thanks for putting together succinctly what I was trying to say, but couldn't get around to doing it.

There's this one piece of fantastic ( :confused: I know rite? ) Naruto fanfiction that I can't remember the name of, where Naruto describes to Sakura (iirc) how Jiraiya taught him how to write. 100% of the story is in my head, maybe 50% at best gets written. There's a lot up in my head, and I don't always convey it well. Sometimes, it takes me a day or five to put together the proper argument/reasoning and convey it to you, the questers. Its probably my biggest failing as a smart person/writer, the inability to explain myself well.

Last edited:
There's a lot up in my head, and I don't always convey it well. Sometimes, it takes me a day or five to put together the proper argument/reasoning and convey it to you, the questers. Its probably my biggest failing as a smart person/writer, the inability to explain myself well.
I have the same problem as well Skitzy,The only advantages I have is time and persistence to get my thoughts down on paper or texted.

Plan Bii isn't aggressive even if it sidelines Emma and is more defensive and protective of Sabah while getting the witnesses and such to see that it was SS who misunderstood the situation and overreacted because she's just a street rat amongst civilized people with wealth and taste.

Naw, I woke up grumpy and it bled out into the thread.

I was busy at work though and couldn't shoot out a 'please ignore asshole-ness until I get a chance to edit it to not being as much of an asshole.' By the time I could, there had been replies.

Sexual Harassment is one of those few crimes where how the victim feels is a big thing. They wouldn't actually need to drag Sabah through the mud, just say that Emma was feeling sexually harassed. Throw in some 'names withheld as it was a misunderstanding between the younger and the older girl, and charges are not being pressed.' It would still likely ruin all the work she's done at the party so far, though.

Stalker would still get some shit duties because she did strike a person not engaged in a violent crime, blah blah blah.

The statutory rape thing doesn't really matter in the long run, unless doughnuts get rubbed together. True. Tossed it out there because it was about as relevant as the 'homosexuals are more accepted in Worm than IRL.' Distantly. Blacks haven't been second class citizens in the states in 50-ish years, there's still racism. Bet you that there are still homophobes running around Earth Bet, especially since, yanno, Neo-Nazis. Stat rape is a distant concern, due to ages involved.

And again GiftofLove Sorry I was such an ass, being grumpy after just waking up isn't really an excuse. mishie Thanks for putting together succinctly what I was trying to say, but couldn't get around to doing it.

There's this one piece of fantastic ( :confused: I know rite? ) Naruto fanfiction that I can't remember the name of, where Naruto describes to Sakura (iirc) how Jiraiya taught him how to write. 100% of the story is in my head, maybe 50% at best gets written. There's a lot up in my head, and I don't always convey it well. Sometimes, it takes me a day or five to put together the proper argument/reasoning and convey it to you, the questers. Its probably my biggest failing as a smart person/writer, the inability to explain myself well.
If we are getting into the legal definitions of things sexual (and regular) harassment has to be an ongoing thing not just trying to flirt with someone once and being shot down and it has to be fairly clear it is unwanted (context can remove this such as if the harasser has power over the victim or it is in a workplace.).

EDIT: Hitting on her once and being told she isn't interested is completely legal. If she repeated it again and again then it would be harassment. It would basically make any form of relationship potentially illegal, as even trying to ask someone out is suddenly a crime if they say no.

I think everyone should go write naughty omakes in the nsfw omake thread, with the lunar waifu pairing they desire. Think of all the xp.

For kinglugia lunar husbando. :p

Since I'm now in the moving stage for about the next week, there probably won't be any updates. Maybe one this weekend, and then we should be back on track. So instead of all this legal discussion, we could be writing about moon waifu.

Or demon prince(ESS) waifu.

Maybe alternate TDP exaltations. Or maybe alternate people who got TDPs exaltation. Or a scene that you hope happens one day.

That would inspire good feelings all around. I have a vista waifu omake floating around in my skull. And some Victoria/Sabah scenes. I'll try to get one out tonight after packing.

-[X] Plan See

What do?
[X] Write in
-[X] Work out what happened. Why it happened and then Turn yourself into a victim of Cape brutality by provoking Sabah's attacker while acting innocent
-[X] Use personal motes for Scathing Cynic Attitude [3m], Exquisite Etiquette Style [1m], 2nd presence Excellency [6m], leaving you with 5 motes.
XP Purchases:
[X] Bank
[X] Stunt [turns out provoking crazed parahumans is my natural born gift]
You are a prince, but you have failed in protecting your only friend and courtier.

It is more then a title of privilege,it is a burden of responsibility.

you are wounded by this unexpected attack,but you have faced worst from those you once thought your equal.your father was especially harsh in regards to you.

you focus on the pain,it steadies you in the knowledge in what you are.that you are not the broken shell of the boy you once were.that you are a Lord among these so called socialites.

You gently look down at Vista and softly say to her "pardon me,but I must go now.trust me when I way this,we will meet again"You moved steady with a grace that surprised you,your gut is in knots,as you walk pass the people that you thought could adore a prince,past the Wards you once respected,past the families affiliated with the E88 that never knew you existed.

you Stand between Sabah And gaze at her attacker,you can see she intends intends to great harm upon you and Sabah for any excuse she feels fit.you feel the adrenaline pour though your body and you are close enough to smell ShadowStalker's sweat but your sight is telling a different story,she is a carbon copy of Hookwoof pressed down in a smaller package,she gains pleasure for any excuse to commit violence,she has built herself a life around it.

Rage runs hot though your vains as you ignore the pretty red head that dares to damn your companion. You look passed her to see the wards are all going though mix of feelings of flabbergasted,frustration and surprisingly in one case arousal.no love seems lost on their fellow ward.

you smile at her and finally speak to ShadowStalker,"I'm sorry but I'm afraid there is some honest confusion,my dear friend is a extraordinary seamstress who is looking for young and up-and-coming models to help showcase her Clothing line sponsored by me.while I'm a great admirer of your career in protecting this community,such actions are not welcomed here among polite society" you move closer to her and whisper low enough for only her to hear you and take her hand in both your palms."but if I see you come near her again,I will hunt you,you broken excuse of a wreak ,at least I have something real to fight for".

In the distance you hear something crash against the floor and hear the screaming of women.

edited a few writing errors

Last edited:
Er. What?

Grammar, punctuation and rouge angles aside, how on Earth does this fit the context? Shadow Stalker is not a significant adversary to TDP. She's a minor annoyance at best, unworthy of any major consideration for or against.

TDP's priority here is to keep Sabah from coming out the worse in the social conflict. He doesn't care about Shadow Stalker, except to the fairly small degree he does about "generic Ward". There is no way that trying to provoke SS is going to help with anything TDP actually cares about, so he wouldn't do it.

I am glad that snake put out a plan. I was kinda hoping for more people to try their hand.

So the new plan, for me, going forward is that if Bii catches me in the IRC and no one else does I'll post the relavent parts of the convo. Hopefully more people will out forth a plan. Who knows maybe one day bii will lose a vote.

I really don't want this to be skitzy and bii write a story. I really want it to be a quest. Where everyone has a chance to write the winning vote.

I also don't want to punish Bii for participating or restrict the Tanukis participation in order to get more people to try a plan of their own. Its blatantly unfair to Bii.

I understand tanuki writes good stuff. And it frequently makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong as a writer/st that bii consistently ends up writing half an update.

Blargh wordvomit.

Y'all picking up what I'm putting down? Y'all trackin'?

The moment i came up with Plan See(i named it that because it rhythms with C) I knew it was a going to sink faster then the titanic.but at least i tried something.it's not fair to Skitzy or Bii if we are not coming up with idea's that put them on their toe's as writers.I'm honestly hoping for Mishie to make a write in called PLAN Mee.

Well, I normally just lurk, but here.

The problem with Plan Bii is that it's slow. It relies upon the world around Theo moving at a rate which allows him to make his apologies for leaving to Vista, stroll to where Shadow Stalker is, extend a hand to Sabah and gently help her up, then use some verbose and circuitous words to express understanding of Shadow Stalker's position, make explanations for why she was in the wrong, and request an apology- offering her forgiveness if she does so.

None of those actions are necessarily individually bad ideas, but look at what's happening:
"Back the fuck up! She's straight!"

You whirl and see Sabah on her butt, clutching her chest, and Shadow Stalker standing menacingly over her. The redhead behind Stalker has a hurt and surprised look on her face before it morphs into one of feigned disgust.

"You were hitting on me? Ugh. I can't believe I let you touch me!"
Sabah was just subjected to physical violence and has been knocked to the floor. There is someone standing threateningly over her while she is being verbally abused, right now.

Why would we spend the three or four seconds that it will take to speak to Vista? Why would we stroll to Sabah, and then rely on her- who was just assaulted physically and verbally- to take the initiative in being helped up? And why are we then so damn generous and polite to someone who just attacked our date? That's wasting time. That's giving Emma and Sophia the chance to keep talking shit and reinforce their claims to the crowd, and it's giving Sabah the time to process their abuse and potentially break down or strike back- the former of which would almost certainly ruin her evening and the latter of which would put her firmly in the wrong in the eyes of the public here, something which we absolutely cannot afford.

This situation doesn't call for a casually assured, polite response. It calls for drastic social action where we put our foot down and make it clear to all those people who have been subconsciously acknowledging us as a prince that you don't fuck with the Prince's people.

Not going to claim that my stunts are perfect, but something like this:

What do? Remember Vista is watching and will likely participate, as will Kid Win and Aegis. But you can score points with all of them. Even Stalker.
[X] Write in
-[X] Sabah is yours and she is under attack; in no way is this acceptable. All the networking you've done tonight has been the velvet glove, but smiles and charm mean nothing if not backed by the iron fist where appropriate. Hit back with maximum acceptable social force, and break the will of others before you.
-[X] Use personal motes for Scathing Cynic Attitude [3m], Exquisite Etiquette Style [1m], 2nd presence Excellency [6m], leaving you with 5 motes.

Even as the redhead speaks, you're moving. Shadow Stalker's posture is aggressive, threatening- and threats to Sabah are utterly unacceptable. Smooth as silk, you're between the two of them and Sabah is being pulled to her feet by your hand, gentle yet swift, as you turn and in a single motion are facing the Ward with Sabah just behind you and to your side- a classic posture of two against one. Better, while her costume may be intimidating, it's merely clothing. It doesn't change the fact that you're bigger than she is and more dangerous to boot, and your posture shows it. You made a mistake to mess with me and mine, little girl, it says.

A quick lesson on which of you is the royal, and therefore in charge, is in order. "No, you are going to back the fuck up. In fact, you're going to leave this party, now, and not return for the rest of the evening." Your words are laden with detestation and certainty, making it clear to not only Shadow Stalker but all who are listening that your will shall be done.

Oh, you could bring up legal threats- physical violence is a serious issue, and you've got more than enough money to force the PRT to settle in your favor in any confrontation. You could bring up the fact that Sabah is a fashion designer and had done nothing but look at a model's lovely dress. You could defame Shadow Stalker as a homophobe or take a dozen other tacks. But you don't, and won't have to. You don't need to justify Sabah as in the right, or Shadow Stalker as in the wrong, with mere logic or persuasion; you are the Prince and you have declared it to be so, and thus it is. She has sinned against you and will leave in shame; so shall it be.

And in the unlikely case that your royal command is not enough, if Shadow Stalker is determined to be a detestable creature and ruin your evening, there were others here who could be drawn in onto your side without too much trouble. Her handlers in the PRT would never let a Ward create too large of a scandal without stepping in and smoothing everything over with endless apologies- they're far too keenly aware of the potential consequences of negative PR, and this situation would be far too easy to spin against them in all the worst ways. From the moment you turned on her, Shadow Stalker had already lost, and all she can do is manage how badly she gets hurt as she goes down.

She has sinned against you and will leave in shame; so shall it be.
Huh. This...is actually really tempting.

Oh, what the hell. I'll go for it.

[X] Darklight

Because what's the use of being Exalted if you can't do completely unreasonable things and have them stick by sheer force of personality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back