• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Dimensionist said:
:facepalm:

Alex, why are you crossing this with pretty much everything? I mean, seriously. It's just getting ridiculous now.
What? I hinted about it since the arc where Mittelt appeared. Plus it's not as if the whole cast of Touhou is going to appear. This is pretty much the only time it will. Apart from Suika and someone else I mean...

Smuthunter said:
So when our friend in the Shinto pantheon* is talking about Japan having problems with the youkai population is he also talking aboGAPPED

*(Oh shit, is he going to try to get back to us while we're stuck doing Azazel's training?)
Nope: here Yukari isn't so all-powerful that she can do whatever she wants. Random gapping is one of the things she isn't allowed to do.

Rias will inform him in place of Issei.

...Should I mark it as a non-canonical omake? I mean I have a definite list of what series I am going to include, and I don't plan to add anything else.

I just don't want you all to think that I am adding everything without a clear plan in mind, just because it's cool.

As much as she induces terror filled screaming in me, I well remember the fact that she was mentioned back when Mittelt was outed as 1/4th Oni, so I say keep her in, if nothing else it will be fun to have a none life threatening problem, just sanity threatening /snirk

On a side note, the Interlude was today's story post yah? *just asking because last time we had one there was another post as well that day, and I figured, can't hurt to ask

Alexander said:
...Should I mark it as a non-canonical omake? I mean I have a definite list of what series I am going to include, and I don't plan to add anything else.

I just don't want you all to think that I am adding everything without a clear plan in mind, just because it's cool.

Go wild.

EternitynChaos said:
On a side note, the Interlude was today's story post yah? *just asking because last time we had one there was another post as well that day, and I figured, can't hurt to ask
Yes, it's today's post.

Alexander said:

I was the one who guessed it was Touhou way back when you gave us that first clue... it looks like most forgot or didn't bother noticing though -.-

Anyway, I'm fine with it.

Coolies, nice work with Eiko btw ^^; most people have a familiar for combat reasons, we apparently got one because we need a secretary... and someone who can watch our back in combat /laugh

I remember Alex mentioning Suika and this will make for a hilarious meeting so I'm good with it.

I'm perfectly fine with it. Have been since Mittelt's letter mentioned Suika.

Well, since I read that bit. Hadn't found the site back when you posted that I think.

Alexander said:
What? I hinted about it since the arc where Mittelt appeared. Plus it's not as if the whole cast of Touhou is going to appear. This is pretty much the only time it will. Apart from Suika and someone else I mean...

Hm. Must have missed it.

Carry on then.

For those new to Exalted, I found this useful little tutorial.

http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/sakuya.html

Additionally I'd like to hear Alexander's view on Gromweld's comments on stunting. He's a QM running a question on SB with an exalted crossover.

Overall, Stunts should usually be more about increasing the drama/narrative through descriptions of the environment (people are environment) than about just listing what you do. An example from the last vote:

[X] The Fourth Estate: While all the Brockton Bay Wards have had to go through the media machine this week, you've had an extra-heaping helping of local Television interviews, meet-and-greets, and photo ops. Smile!

- [x] Stunt: You approach the talk-show stage with every bit of catwalk grace you can muster from past books, TV shows, and movies. Countering the host's shark-like grin with your own beaming smile, you made sure the cameras soak up your confidence from every angle; the fate of the world rides on your pearly-whites.

This is a +3 stunt. Here's why:

It adds 'character' to an existing scene (the talk-show stage) by explicitly calling out the cameras and her playing to them. If there was more time/room, one could call down the stage lights as part of the stunt- the way they shone on her skin or pinged off any set decorations.

The little bit that pushes it from a +2 Stunt to a +3 Stunt? Extras! People in the scene who do not have names but exist to 'fill the space' are meant to be stunt fodder- the nameless wuxia crowd. In this case the host is not only created, but given character in a way that sets up dramatic tension in the scene right from the get-go.

While I'm not Alexander, or at least /laugh not that one your aiming at, the whole +2 => +3 stunt divide is very ST dependant, some ST give them out like candy, others are much harder to get them out of, I think Alexander has done well myself, the few times we have managed them the Stunts have been awesome, and thats what we should be aiming for.

EternitynChaos said:
While I'm not Alexander, or at least /laugh not that one your aiming at, the whole +2 => +3 stunt divide is very ST dependant, some ST give them out like candy, others are much harder to get them out of, I think Alexander has done well myself, the few times we have managed them the Stunts have been awesome, and thats what we should be aiming for.

Which updates did we earn +3 stunts on?

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=408.msg51883#msg51883

http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=408.msg52129#msg52129

Ironicly back to back posts, back when we were saving Abe-sempai from the thugs

EternitynChaos said:

We got a +3 when we fought Reynare at the church as well.

EternitynChaos said:

ShadowAngelBeta said:
We got a +3 when we fought Reynare at the church as well.

You know I'm seeing a pattern of us getting 3+ stunts whenever we're saving women

(Abe senpai from the thugs and Asia from Raynare,)

Looking forward to the drunk grandma showing up~! :p

i am perfectly fine with touhou full speed ahead good sir, bring forth the finest wines! or we will never survive this encounter lol XD

Last edited by a moderator:
So quick question, is a higher speed or lower speed faster?

Heaven's Flames: Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 5L*, Range 20, Rate 3. Tags: F
Sun's Breath: Speed 10, Accuracy 7, damage 12L*, Range 10, Rate 1. Tags: F

Lower speed is faster. It's the amount of ticks you have to wait until you can act again, IIRC.

Ah, also can we get more then one familiar?

Fellgar said:
Ah, also can we get more then one familiar?

Eiko is a little prideful. Read her motivation. If we get another familiar we'll have no end of competitions. That's something, thankfully, we've been able to avoid among the girls in our lives.

megrisvernin said:
Eiko is a little prideful. Read her motivation. If we get another familiar we'll have no end of competitions. That's something, thankfully, we've been able to avoid among the girls in our lives.
So we could? Awesome~! >:D Who say's competition like that is a bad thing? ;) :)) I personally think it would be a great thing. It would certainly add spice to the story.

For some reason when I think about that though I think back to sekirei with tsukiumi's and musubi's competitions. We have the presence and charms needed to get that sort of competition set up and keep it on track rather then derailing.

Fellgar said:
So we could? Awesome~! >:D Who say's competition like that is a bad thing? ;) :)) I personally think it would be a great thing. It would certainly add spice to the story.

For some reason when I think about that though I think back to sekirei with tsukiumi's and musubi's competitions. We have the presence and charms needed to get that sort of competition set up and keep it on track rather then derailing.

I don't want spend half my time avoiding those kinds of fights. Also our Issei is very very passive in some ways, like seducing women. We haven't initiated a relationship for like, anyone. Even our lecherous talk is dying down. Unless another familiar literally fell down us on we're not going to be pursuing them IC.

megrisvernin said:
I don't want spend half my time avoiding those kinds of fights.

... uh have you seen sekirei? Why would we try to aviod those competition? they are kind of benefitial in a slightly frustrating way. ???

Sekirei is alien, and the, well, have different culture compare to us, I mean, if one day 6 alien girls come to you and say you're their husband I would question myself what if I was a fat faggot, full of beard and have no money, talent whatsoever?
Of crouse later I told myself no and enjoy their company, what I want to express is that you can't build a relationship that fast.

DefectiveHumanModel said:
There's a demotivational thaypt applies here. The one about how there was a point where we should have stopped, and we passed it a few kilometers back.

You mean this one?

1366339597821.jpg

Take note of the second phrase in this, people. This is not demotivation, motherf$@kers!! >:D

We lack sufficient alcohol and funds.

God have mercy when we drag him back from the dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back