• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if this was a proper Reach Plan in the first place.

The stupidity of the reach cruisers attack, the stripped nature of the ship....could just be a 'distraction carnifex' to get paul looking one way while they do something else....like grab the ring.

But....as OL name dropped earlier, Grayven 16 is in this war. And mind control is a bit of a theme with Apokalypse. I could see HIM trying a false flag operation using captured vessels. Subverting the OLC's initial fleet engagement was something he planned and executed. I could certainly see them poking the bear (OL) for their own reasons.

Removing Paul from the OLC makes His side of the fight look better to those that might rally to his flag rather then NEMO.

Can Paragon order branded subjects to forget things? I kind of want to see him brand the Negotiator to find out who he was talking to, but I'm not sure if that potential information is valuable enough to break the rules of Yuna (though it very well might be; like he said, Dox sent him and not a diplomat for a reason).

Googling 'writ-wrangler' or 'writ wrangler' doesn't lead to any apparently relevant results, is this a common British phrase? I'm presuming something related to bureaucracy fuck-ups.

The Meat Core might not Matter here, could be the Scarab's Willpower given the sorts of things that can use a Lantern Ring, like Sapient Math Equations.

The GLC has robots in its ranks like Stel.

I don't see this ending up being a hard fight.

Adding a Power Ring to a Scarab does surprisingly little in terms of combat ability. There aren't many weapons a Scarab can't make that a Ring can. Especially with a Green Ring.

One of the canon (to the comics) feats of the scarab is absorbing energy.

These super-rings don't run out of charge.

So how dangerous should a beetle who can go up to 11 thanks to having an infinite power source to play with be?

The Manhunter Laurel Kent was able to use the Glow to give herself Kryptonian superpowers- flight, invulnerability, heat vision, superstrength.

Sort of. The Writ is from the comics. It's a document detailing all of the proper steps to engage in to conquer a planet. The Negotiator is calling whoever he's talking to an idiotic blasphemer.

'wrangler' doesn't suggest someone who's fucked things up though, does it?

I really want to see a deep-cover mission into the Reach core and society, the snippets of the history we've gotten seem quite interesting. Could maybe be a narratively and strategically relevant chance for Paragon and Jade to work together in a mission that requires both their skillsets.

Mr Zoat is there any chance that this can be replaced with a picture that works for everyone? I'm not sure why it isn't working for me.
Not really. It's a whole article.
'wrangler' doesn't suggest someone who's fucked things up though, does it?

I really want to see a deep-cover mission into the Reach core and society, the snippets of the history we've gotten seem quite interesting. Could maybe be a narratively and strategically relevant chance for Paragon and Jade to work together in a mission that requires both their skillsets.
'Writ-wrangler', literally 'someone who things that holy writ is up for negotiation'.

Mr Zoat, I've been re-reading a few other episodes, and I noticed that John Quinn is being referred to as Lord Fate instead of Doctor Fate. Is that his superhero name? I suppose he would want to distance himself a bit from Nabu by having a slightly different name.

Mr Zoat, I've been re-reading a few other episodes, and I noticed that John Quinn is being referred to as Lord Fate instead of Doctor Fate. Is that his superhero name? I suppose he would want to distance himself a bit from Nabu by having a slightly different name.

I think Nabu was called that at least once.

If I remember correctly it was Sephtian who called him Lord Fate, or maybe Lord Nabu during the Oceanus episode.

It was either a mistake on the character's part, a reasonable alternative given that he's a Lord of Order, or a mistake on my part. Whichever takes least work.

I don't see this ending up being a hard fight.

Adding a Power Ring to a Scarab does surprisingly little in terms of combat ability. There aren't many weapons a Scarab can't make that a Ring can. Especially with a Green Ring.

She may have overwhelmed one Senior Lantern, but against 2 with no Power Ring training? I see this defaulting to a (Senior?) Scarab Vs (2) Senior Lanterns very quickly.

I mean, a Green Ring mostly adds a whole heck of a lot of utility. Without a chance to reformat the Scarabs weaponry, on the other hand, it definitely isn't as helpful: If the Scarab had a chance, it could switch all its weaponry to massive-power weapons and use the ring for smaller-scale stuff.

A green blast destabilises my warp and knocks me back into normal space, the ring-wielding Scarab Warrior pointing her new ring at me.
I'm not sure how much - if any - it's possible to just use the direct ring summoning methods or whatever - an honor guard lantern should be able to summon a ring off of a newbie, regardless of the technical knowledge so...
I'm modestly confused as to how it's even possible for a green ring to be without those sort of safeties, if the design of many of the safeties is green light wide so...
(And of course, it's only a single charge, presumably)
I wonder how well desire manipulation works on scarabs...

I'm not sure how much - if any - it's possible to just use the direct ring summoning methods or whatever - an honor guard lantern should be able to summon a ring off of a newbie, regardless of the technical knowledge so...

It may be because this Honour Guard Lantern isn't so good at the more esoteric powers her ring offers.

I'm modestly confused as to how it's even possible for a green ring to be without those sort of safeties, if the design of many of the safeties is green light wide so...
(And of course, it's only a single charge, presumably)
I wonder how well desire manipulation works on scarabs...

The ring was apparently a prototype so it lacked some features such as safeties.

the ring-wielding Scarab Warrior pointing her new ring at me.

I wish Dox was here, so that we saw yellow get the one-letter treatment for once.

Rings may not add much offense, but they are a whole lot better at covering passive defense so the Scarab can spend its effort and focus on going all-out.

Googling 'writ-wrangler' or 'writ wrangler' doesn't lead to any apparently relevant results, is this a common British phrase? I'm presuming something related to bureaucracy fuck-ups.

I'd tend to read it as "barracks lawyer", someone who's reinterpreting their orders very creatively. And "off-mode", so not in a way that most Reachers would understand.

Trying to assimilate the Scarab Lantern seems like the first tactic Paragon will use, since like others have said it could at least trigger the Scarab's self-destruct.

How much progress have the Controllers made in their studies to possibly reverse orange assimilation or at least permanently destroy constructs so (presumably) their souls are free to move on? I suppose easily reversible assimilation isn't really necessary to the story since Paragon can just brand people (can other Lanterns brand people? I forget if we've seen any examples).

How many Construct Lanterns does Paragon have at the moment? He's lost Teekl (who I'm missing all over again since I recently reread earlier portions of the story) and the Praexis Demons, but I don't remember the current statuses of the Hellwraith and the Saremite. He definitely still has Morrow, who now that I think of it might be well-served being relocated to Maltus, both to study him and to use his expertise in some way, especially with magitech ships being a burgeoning thing for NEMO.

Last edited:
OhEl has the most practice fighting against GLS, this should be fast.

On one hand, most of his combat experience against Green Lanterns comes from practice fights, which can be very different from actual fights since the ones practicing may not be using their full power and are not trying to kill or seriously injure the other guy.

This is not a practice fight.

On the other hand, this Scarab Warrior just got the ring so chances are most assuredly high that they have very little skill on wielding it.

Though if the Reach has wanted the ring then they may have actually managed to train said Scarab Warrior in how to wield it even before he got it.

Good point, though I think it was just one fight, and I'm not sure if Steward was fighting at full capacity due to being mind controlled.

Scarabs are mind controlled and if anything GLs power rings should have anti Scarab firmware.

But then again Zoat is the one writing this story so who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back