• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

To be fair, this whole situation does look like you screwed the pooch hard, Renegade.

I think it looks like that because he technically did.

Yeah, you're really going to want to take it intact, then, if only to stabilise the Sector... Because short of pressing some Controllers into the field, fixing displaced stars is a bit out of a New God's wheelhouse.

Power rings can do some impressive things, so he may not need the Controllers.

Then presumably those archaeologists didn't dig deep enough.

Or the thing was protected.

In the comics it was apparently made by some angelic like beings, and I'm guessing if they existed in this story then they're Source powered, thus a New God may have been able to bypass any defences they had.

Similar enough that your existence is probably like an itch under his soul. You don't feel it because your soul is welded together from Human, New God and Avarice...

Don't forget love and fear, following his Anti Life exposure.

Two star's hitting each other equals a Nova...

The Vega systems already dead, it just doesn't know it yet.

The total lack of dead planets on the real-time map that Renegade has thanks to his rings and The OLC, or even the smallest mention of any of those stars going critical, says that is very much so not the case.

The total lack of dead planets on the real-time map that Renegade has thanks to his rings and The OLC, or even the smallest mention of any of those stars going critical, says that is very much so not the case.
You do realize that slower then light effects take time to propagate right?

And that he very specifically doesn't have a real time map since he had to directly ask how things were going?

You do realize that slower then light effects take time to propagate right?

And that he very specifically doesn't have a real time map since he had to directly ask how things were going?
I take an updated map from the Orange Lantern Corps' network, showing the changing position-. Shit. Four suns have already been slammed into one another, and Liot'r is moving towards a nearby blue giant. Orange Lanterns on-site appear to be dealing with the side effects, but it's going to take a lot of work to make Vega shipshape again.

Really now?

I don't really get how four stars could have been slammed into one another already, @MrZoat. The sheer distance involved, not to mention the absurd amount of mass you'd need to accelerate, and finally, figuring out how to use FTL tech on a star rather than a ship with its FTL systems built into it by design just...doesn't make sense.

Sure, I've no doubt that more than one faction could pull it off...given enough time and preparation. Grayven just doing it twice/four times in a matter of minutes while he's also fighting a war just...makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't really get how four stars could have been slammed into one another already, @MrZoat. The sheer distance involved, not to mention the absurd amount of mass you'd need to accelerate, and finally, figuring out how to use FTL tech on a star rather than a ship with its FTL systems built into it by design just...doesn't make sense.

Sure, I've no doubt that more than one faction could pull it off...given enough time and preparation. Grayven just doing it twice/four times in a matter of minutes while he's also fighting a war just...makes no sense whatsoever.

Welcome to the wonderful world of comic book science.

To quote Amy from Fututama.

'It's like magic, but with electricity.'

So a god of "conquest" just destroyed an entire system, rather than "conquering" it?

Kind of a out of portfolio thing really.

So a god of "conquest" just destroyed an entire system, rather than "conquering" it?

Kind of a out of portfolio thing really.

Grayven (the actual one, not Renegade Paul) has bluntly stated that he doesn't actually care about Vega, so it's a loss for Renegade and nothing else as far as he's concerned.

So there is just a random artefact that let's you crash suns into each other? Okay then.

Zoat is adapting a Starman storyline, merging two different aspects of the storyline.

The Crown Imperial was founded by advanced aliens that gave Starman's ancestor an artifact that allowed him to blow up planets.

So the Crown Imperial advanced rather quickly with a "That's a nice planet you have here, it would be a shame if anything happened to it."

In the Starman storyline, he destroyed it, which in turn destroyed the Empire.

Because the planets were no longer under threats of explosion, they flew away, becuase the conquered planets had all converted themselves into spaceships to escape the moment the planet killer was gone.

So Starman was the last Emperor because his planets flew away from him.

Zoat is adapting a Starman storyline, merging two different aspects of the storyline.

The Crown Imperial was founded by advanced aliens that gave Starman's ancestor an artifact that allowed him to blow up planets.

So the Crown Imperial advanced rather quickly with a "That's a nice planet you have here, it would be a shame if anything happened to it."

In the Starman storyline, he destroyed it, which in turn destroyed the Empire.

Because the planets were no longer under threats of explosion, they flew away, becuase the conquered planets had all converted themselves into spaceships to escape the moment the planet killer was gone.

So Starman was the last Emperor because his planets flew away from him.

Though the Orrery is from the New Guardians comics that were released in 2012, while the Starman storyline was from the pre n52 era.

So.... he basically has a weapon to control THE ENTIRE STAR SYSTEM and then goes to fight in person?
No, he has a device which controls the entirity of the Vega Systems. Many star systems. There is a halfway sensible reason why he's fighting, and it's to do with the fact that Invictus put halfway-decent security on it.

Though the Orrery is from the New Guardians comics that were released in 2012, while the Starman storyline was from the pre n52 era.

No, because the Post flashpoint Orrery was a spaceship the size of a solar system so in fact it has no relevance to anything here, since Zoat's Orrery is not a spaceship nor the size of a solar system, and so there is absolutely no resemblace whatsoever.

Zoat obviously named it the Orrery becuase the definition of orrery is "an apparatus showing the relative positions and motions of bodies in the solar system by balls moved by a clockwork."

No, because the Post flashpoint Orrery was a spaceship the size of a solar system so in fact it has no relevance to anything here, since Zoat's Orrery is not a spaceship nor the size of a solar system, and so there is absolutely no resemblace whatsoever.

Zoat obviously named it the Orrery becuase the definition of orrery is "an apparatus showing the relative positions and motions of bodies in the solar system by balls moved by a clockwork."

Zoat mentioned Invictus in the post above yours, and seeing as we haven't seen how this thing looks, but have gotten the name of the guy behind it's creation I'm willing to bet it's like the one that showed up in the New Guardians.

Zoat mentioned Invictus in the post above yours, and seeing as we haven't seen how this thing looks, but have gotten the name of the guy behind it's creation I'm willing to bet it's like the one that showed up in the New Guardians.

So you think Grayven thought that a spaceship the size of a solar system would be found buried in some ruins?

Just how low is your opinion of Gravy's intelligence?

So you think Grayven thought that a spaceship the size of a solar system would be found buried in some ruins?

Just how low is your opinion of Gravy's intelligence?

The thing in the ruins may not necessarily be the Orrery.

The thing in the ruins could have been just something that allowed Grayven access to the Orrery, or something that allows him to control it, but the Orrery is in a different location.

Last edited:
Also on a note, I underestimated the effect by an order of magnitude. We're looking at two Supernova's not two Nova's. So yea, a few months to years and Vega's pretty much gone.
You overcorrected your estimate. A type 1a supernova involves one of those stars being a white dwarf. Two ~solar mass stars will more likely produce a luminous red nova. Still significantly more powerful than a standard nova, but not so powerful as even the weakest supernovae.

You overcorrected your estimate. A type 1a supernova involves one of those stars being a white dwarf. Two ~solar mass stars will more likely produce a luminous red nova. Still significantly more powerful than a standard nova, but not so powerful as even the weakest supernovae.
For specifically type Ia, yea.

But you aren't taking into account the impact velocity of the stars in question. They would have had to have been smashed together at somewhere approaching or even greater then light speed given the time scale's talked about. So we should be talking high level matter to energy conversion here...

No, he has a device which controls the entirity of the Vega Systems. Many star systems. There is a halfway sensible reason why he's fighting, and it's to do with the fact that Invictus put halfway-decent security on it.

So he needs to kill Paul the Grayven to assume total control.

"Starman! Hold-."

Another bolt of golden energy slams into my shield as Lynne grabs a space helmet. We're just about inside the atmosphere, but I wouldn't want to try breathing normally up here.

"You're shooting the wrong Grayven!"

"Am I?" He flies closer as the wreckage of our dropship hurtles towards the planet. "You said he was coming for you!"

"He's here for something called The Orrery, and a few minutes ago was the first time I heard of it. Vega's-"

I take an updated map from the Orange Lantern Corps' network, showing the changing position-. Shit. Four suns have already been slammed into one another, and Liot'r is moving towards a nearby blue giant. Orange Lanterns on-site appear to be dealing with the side effects, but it's going to take a lot of work to make Vega shipshape again.

It's ironic that this is the first time we've seen celestial bodies smashed against each other, for a fanfic with space-flight capable Lanterns this has been a long time coming. I've been waiting for this overly specific scenario. Also funny number post moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back