• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

'transforming'
Remove 'not'.
Thank you, corrected.
Ah, a nice palette cleanser for the abomination that is Revelation, excellent.
The Faceless One just gets hungry, sometimes.
I remember only watching the 2002 He-Man series a little, but what's been shown here is very interesting. Evil-Lyn having a geas on her is probably because this version of Paul did something. Mr Zoat, how did he get her captured? Also, what is the local Orange Lantern called here?
In a setting with someone called Man at Arms and Ram Man, they're pretty comfortable called him Orange Lantern.
Mr Zoat, how did he get her captured? Also, what is the local Orange Lantern called here?
The incident with Mr. Blok. The SI found out about it and ambushed her. She thought that she was safe because the vault was protected against magic users, which she assumed that he was.

Evil-Lyn having a geas on her is probably because this version of Paul did something

The geas is in place to make sure she doesn't do anything against Paul's group.

Basically, Paul offered her the opportunity to train under the Sorceres so she could eventually take her place, but in exchange she had to be bound so they can make sure she doesn't try anything.

Last edited:
Versus the Rake Men

21st year of the reign of King Randor I
Season of Chill
307th day, 15th bell
Ooh, another visit to Eternia, and our unlucky Paul stuck in the He-Man 2002 remake. So, what hilarity shall we get up to today? Skeletor plotting? Snake-men invading? Hordak turning up? :confused: ...The Sorceress getting laid?

Teela Na, better known to the small parts of Eternos that actually know she exists as The Sorceress, hesitates at the edge of the drawbridge out of Castle Grayskull.

...So, Duncan named his daughter after her mother? Well, not the first time anyone's done that.

"Do I have to fricking carry you out?"

"…" Clearly, yes. I step-. "No. It has simply been a long time since I have left the Castle grounds."
x3 Girl. This could be the first chance you get to visit your man in years. Do not pass this up!

Since it matters so much to both her and the control spells acting on the Castle, I'm wearing the Basophil Amulet openly. Technically, I'm about to become The Sorcerer, for… All of an evening. Or possibly all evening, all night and all morning if Sir Duncan's luckier than I think he is. I'd be nervous if it wasn't for the fact that we've killed, captured or shoved into a tesseract prison just about everyone who might think about having a go at us.
Hell, we know Duncan is a lucky, lucky man. If this night goes as well as we hope it does, he'll have trouble walking in the morning. :D

So clearly Hordak's about to turn up.

"You're not going to leave by standing there. I'm not at anything like your level, but I'm pretty sure I can hold the fort for a few hours."
Ah, Lantern, Genre Savvy as ever. Or paranoid. In either case, it's entirely appropriate for such a world of adventure.

"That's not my concern."

I grin, stepping a little closer to pointedly intrude in her personal space. "Of course, if you've reconsidered choosing Sir Duncan over me, then you're welcome to stay. I'm sure that we can find something to occupy the time."
...Dude, aren't you dating someone else here?

"I have not, and I don't think that my apprentice would appreciate it if I did."

"Oh, she'd understand. Beauty fades, raw arcane power lasts. She'd probably make the same decision herself." I take a moment to consider her relationship with the late and unlamented Keldor. "Did, really."
That apprentice being 'Evil-lyn', by context. Quite the upgrade from being Skeletor's gun-moll, eye-candy and right-hand woman.

She's still not moving.

"I can go to Zalesia and fetch The Faceless One if you'll accept that instead."
A look like that smacks of some serious magical backlash. The question is, could he come, being bound to the city?

"Evil-Lyn would never forgive you that slight, either."

"She'd be angry. But she's got a lot of anger in her. Honestly, having both of them talk out their differences in a mystically hardened fortress might be best for both of them. But you're still prevaricating."
Hey, wouldn't you be angry if you grew up basically alone in a cursed city, with only your equally-cursed father for company? I mean, look how she dressed before she met Keldor.

"I am." She turns and holds out her staff to me horizontally. "I entrust you with the Power of Grayskull. May you wield it wisely."

There are flippant comments I could make. 'Don't do anything I wouldn't do' or 'I have the power' or something. But this is a big deal. Two years it took me to get her to this point, plus all the years of isolation before that.
Besides, 'I have the Power' is He-man's line. I'd expect you to have more class than that muscle-bound chucklehead.

So I raise my hands palms upwards, grip the staff and bow low to her.

"Thank you for trusting me with this. It's yours again the moment you return."
Chances that may be some time? High.

She lets go, her fingertips lingering on the shaft for a moment before finally pulling away. And I brace myself, because-.

Golden light flows from the staff into my Amulet, the intensity building as power flows back and forth and I.. feel.. a.. strange pressure.. building inside me, as if I'm being gradually squeezed into some new shape. It's not… Painful, exactly, but-.
Ha! Magical transformations just seem to run in the Greyskull style, don't they?

A flare and the light dims. And I take a look at the damage it's done to my clothes. Oh, rats. Tasteful orange and gold has been replaced by turquoise and bronze. A small mercy that I haven't grown wings, but-.

I look up as I straighten up. Yes, I have a turban… Thing, though it's far smaller than the headdress that the Sorceress wears. Well, this is a temporary appointment, and I know far less about magic than she does.
For some reason, I picture him looking rather egyptian. Specifically, a Champions character named Doctor Ka (Who even has a 'wings' costume piece for players' use.) In terms of style, if not features.

"Grayskull has accepted you. And now…"

"Now you've completely run out of excuses. Good night, Ms Na."
Go, enjoy this brief time with your love. Castle Greyskull will hopefully be here when you get back.

A deep breath and she leaps into the air, transforming into a bird with a screech as she flies in the direction of Eternos.

Finally.
Break out the beer-bong and Yard-glasses! Time to par-tay!

"Castle, would you please raise the-"

The mechanism is already clanking, pulleys turning as the drawbridge is pulled closed, the only crossing to the moat-trench now resting against the Castle's mouth.

"-drawbridge, thank you."
Putting the place in lockdown. Proper paranoia in full swing.

I turn away and start down the corridor. In theory, I should be able to teleport anywhere in the castle with only a slight drain on its power, but… Teleportation is one of those things that can go hilariously wrong and I don't really want to start experimenting without supervision.

So would books on Hordak be under 'H', or am I going to have to search through the histories and diaries for snippets that are actually useful? I mean…
You expect them to organise the grand library of Greyskull? ...You know, this would be the perfect time to apply the Dewey decimal system, or something...

I glance at the head of the staff.

In theory the Castle should be pretty helpful not. Hopefully, I can just ask for the relevant passages and… Summarise them. I can't ring-scan these books, but copying text I can see is easy enough. A nice quiet and extremely informative evening-.
Do you really trust whatever spirits operate the castle to be helpful?

"'She'd probably make the same decision herself'?"

Evelyn stands at the library doorway, arms folded across her chest and the glowing marks of her geas visible on her bare arms and legs. She's wearing a turquoise and bronze recoloured version of her old purple and black garb, a small duplicate of the bird on the head of my staff replacing the old skull on her headdress.
I'm guessing she's only partly reformed so far, hence the mystical bindings to guarantee her loyalty. Still, maybe changing her look might help? I doubt a skeletal ribcage bustier is all that friendly-looking.

"Wouldn't you?"

"I might have done if I realised that she was considering giving the staff to a neophyte like you."
At least the Sorceress can trust him not to mess with it.

"That's the point. She doesn't need to trust me, because she knows that I couldn't fight her off."

"She left at your behest. Clearly she trusts you more than you think."
Well, 'trust' is a funny word, after all.

"There's a difference between 'on balance I think this person is trustworthy' and 'I trust this person with my life's work'. You're used to manipulating magic. She'd have to trust you more before putting you in the same position."

She nods. "Are you planning on doing something while her attention is elsewhere? On this, the eve of the Festival of Love?"
The local equivalent of Valentines' day, then. I bet more than a few people have a birthday some nine months after this date. :D

"Yes, I'm-" I point to the bookshelves on the other side of the door. "-planning to-"

"While you have control of my binding geas?"
...Oh, so you want him to have some fun with you? The kind that involves being bound and helpless, perhaps? Kinky.

"-do some reading." She arches her eyebrows. "Evelyn, the fact that I control your geas at the moment is the reason why I'm not going to do anything. I still remember that con you tried to run on Mister Blak."

"Which I still don't know how you foiled."
It's called 'pattern recognition', and is apparently a talent in short supply around here...

"We don't all think with our testicles, Evelyn."

She's not going to move, is she? A test of will? Dominance? An attempt to better discern the nature of my character? Best to just toss Gordon's knot back to him, I think.
To be fair, with her looks, and taste in clothing, I'm sure she's used to seeing naked lust in men's eyes. Probably why she's interested in the Lantern.

I hold the staff out to the side and leave it floating there while I transition past her into the library proper. I then hold my right hand out while walking towards the closest reading desk, the staff smacking into my palm a moment later.

"Tell me; do you know anything about Keldor's old boss, Hordak?"
Probably not as much as you might assume? Hordak may not be subtle, but he can be sneaky. Though if things had gone as they originally would, she would have been working to summon him.

Well, I can but wish the (temporarily former) Sorceress enjoys her night off. :p May she pulverise Duncan's hips in the most pleasant way possible. Would be amusing if Teela (the younger) walked in on them, but that might be a bit traumatic. Though hopefully not as traumatic as the Lantern being in charge of Greyskull in the meantime. Here's hoping all the rogues of Eternia are too busy having their own parties to try anything.

Dude, aren't you dating someone else here?

Not really.

He hasn't shown any romantic interests, though it's highly likely that he'll start dating Evil-Lyn.

Because the various Paul's are basically attracted to evil, damaged people that they can fix.

They're basically the stereotypical nice girl that tries to fix the bad boy and falls in love with him.

The difference with Paul is that the genders are swapped.

Besides, 'I have the Power' is He-man's line. I'd expect you to have more class than that muscle-bound chucklehead.

Ohh, get off your high horse.

If you did what he just did you'd be shouting "I have the power!" from the beginning.

I doubt a skeletal ribcage bustier is all that friendly-looking.

It may be in the 40k Imperium, seeing as they've got skulls everywhere.

Once more these interlude make me highly desire full on stories so we might see the process it took to get to these moments.

Shame we never saw Paul interact with Skeletor himself since I think it would have been fun to see him speak with a hammy but legit scary and powerful person.

The grass is in place to make sure she doesn't do anything against Paul's group.
Grass probably would help her attitude. Unfortunately, this is a kid's show.
Has any of the Pauls been sent to McNinja?
No.
Is this a MotU 2002 thing or was it supposed to refer to the Gordian knot?
Yes, but he got it wrong deliberately.
I was confused for a bit, because I'm in more of a Revelations - headspace.
Don't worry, kind people are coming to help you. Ignore the jacket with the straps.

Who knew Kevin Smith stored his talent in his blubber?

Hordak is never a joke, not even in the eighties series. Remember all She-Ra could honesty do in her 80s series was keep him busy and maybe convince him to do something in a different way, he still remained in charge of the planet despite She-Ra having one of the swords of power.

Yes, I have a turban… Thing, though it's far smaller th
Has this Paul ever asked the Sorceress what is up with the Castle's clothing style?
Also, is there a Paul in the new She-Ra cartoon?
Also, is there a Paul that weilds the Ring of WAAAAAAAAGH! ?
"Oh, she'd understand. Beauty fades, raw arcane power lasts. She'd probably make the same decision herself."
And if you do the later properly you can get the former anytime.

19th year of the reign of King Randor I
Season of Sun
207th day, 1st bell
ngl i have no idea how to link because i never bothered to learn, if someone is interested follow the quote to read the first chapter of He-Man Paul, the second one is the chapter just after the one i just "linked"

"-do some reading." She arches her eyebrows. "Evelyn, the fact that I control your geas at the moment is the reason why I'm not going to do anything. I still remember that con you tried to run on Mister Blak."
Will someone tell me what's happening? She seduced him and..... set him on fire???

Has this Paul ever asked the Sorceress what is up with the Castle's clothing style?
No.
Also, is there a Paul in the new She-Ra cartoon?
Haven't watched it. Probably not.
Also, is there a Paul that weilds the Ring of WAAAAAAAAGH! ?
No, because that's a stupid idea and you're stupid for putting it in my head.
ngl i have no idea how to link because i never bothered to learn, if someone is interested follow the quote to read the first chapter of He-Man Paul, the second one is the chapter just after the one i just "linked"
Open square bracket, URL=, then the link, then a close square bracket, then whatever text you want to have linked, then open square bracket, /URL and then close square bracket.
Probably not since Zoat hates the new things.
It's not that I hate new things. It's just that all new things are objectively terrible.
Will someone tell me what's happening? She seduced him and..... set him on fire???
Pretty much. The full story is in issue 5, with important parts not mentioned until issue 7. Basically, an arms trader bribed some poorly paid Eternian guards to let him move a shipment. One of them, a guy called Nolar Blok, took the money and informed his superior what was happening. As a result, He-Man got the arms dealer and the other guards. However, those guards had friends and Blok got discharged. A while after that, Evelyn 'accentually' bumped into him in disguise and -after a little horizontal persuasion- convinced him that if he helped her get a magic gem, she'd be able to get away from that horrid Keldor and they could start a life together.

Canonically, that went about as well as you'd think.

Last edited:
No.

Haven't watched it. Probably not.

No, because that's a stupid idea and you're stupid for putting it in my head.

Open square bracket, URL=, then the link, then a close square bracket, then whatever text you want to have linked, then open square bracket, /URL and then close square bracket.

It's not that I hate new things. It's just that all new things are objectively terrible.

Pretty much. The full story is in issue 3, with important parts not mentioned until issue 7. Basically, an arms trader bribed some poorly paid Eternian guards to let him move a shipment. One of them, a guy called Nolar Blok, took the money and informed his superior what was happening. As a result, He-Man got the arms dealer and the other guards. However, those guards had friends and Blok got discharged. A while after that, Evelyn 'accentally' bumped into him in disguise and -after a little horizontal persuasion- convinced him that if he helped her get a magic gem, she'd be able to get away from that horrid Keldor and they could start a life together.

Canonically, that went about as well as you'd think.

Out of curiosity did you like MoTU:Revelations? I haven't watched it just listened to reviews and must say it seems like something I will avoid having watched the 2002 show.

I find typically when I see a heavy critic vs audience divide my own preferences usually land with the audiences.

For a slight expansion on the Blak situation . . . The magic gym in question could only be claimed by someone who didn't have any magical ability, which is why neither Skeletor nor Evil-Lyn just up and grabbed it themselves. The guy that told them about the gym in the first place was one of the people Nolar double-crossed, with his condition for giving them the info being that he wanted Nolar to suffer. (Though this isn't learned until later.)

Evil-Lyn basically has a "meet cute" with Nolar and presents herself as someone fleeing from a dangerous situation. They bang almost immediately. Then right after they finish having sex she reveals she's Evil-Lyn. He recognizes her but instead of freaking out his reaction is basically, "Holy shit, that's hot."

They keep having weekly meeting where they have more sex. Eventually he tells her he has some money saved up and that they should run away together. At which point she says she can't flee with him because she is magically bound to Skeletor, but that if he were to obtain the gem for her she could use it to break that binding. He does so, she kisses him one last time, then she teleports away after turning him into a human bomb that blows up the museum the gem was being stored in.

Oddly enough, as short as the stuff with Nolar was, I got the vague feeling that Evil-Lyn might have actually liked him somewhat. Not enough to deviate from the plan or anything. But Skeletor had no idea she was fucking Nolar on the regular, and she hid the pictures of the place Nolar wanted to run away with her to.

Not sure how the hell this Paul would have actually thwarted her plan though. Short of getting stupid lucky and stumbling on her while she was having one of her hook ups with the guy, or being at that museum for totally unrelated reasons when she and Nolar got around to actually swiping the gem, there really wasn't much of an opportunity to thwart anything.

Still. Except for the ending, that's quite the enjoyable evil plan. Guy got to have a bunch of sex with Evil-Lynn.

Not sure how the hell this Paul would have actually thwarted her plan though. Short of getting stupid lucky and stumbling on her while she was having one of her hook ups with the guy, or being at that museum for totally unrelated reasons when she and Nolar got around to actually swiping the gem, there really wasn't much of an opportunity to thwart anything.
He was on good terms with Nolar due to hearing about him getting kicked out and deciding to pay him the value of the shipment he informed on as a reward for his honesty. As a result, Nolar mentions enough to get the SI a little suspicious, which puts him in place to interrupt the theft.

I must say, I rather enjoy Paul's interactions with supervillains he's been working on to reform.

If we see anymore of his Marvel counterparts, (both X-Men Animated Series and The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes), we'll see him doing the same with many others, whether they be The Juggernaut, Sandman, Toad, Rhino....

I must say, I rather enjoy Paul's interactions with supervillains he's been working on to reform.

If we see anymore of his Marvel counterparts, (both X-Men Animated Series and The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes), we'll see him doing the same with many others, whether they be The Juggernaut, Sandman, Toad, Rhino....
Wasn't the AEMH Paul trying to help Magneto and mutants in general by exposing The Sublime? and he's dating Hela. So if it wasn't clear Paul has a thing for helping villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back