• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I don't know. That's only about ninety million. You don't have to bombard many planets to hit that total

Ohh right, I forgot about that Spider Guild planet.

At some point, I hope Earth 10 becomes the victim of a threat that's basically what the Nazis did in the war. My idea is for Eradicators to come out of nowhere and see that Kryptonian technology is being used by "lesser beings". They would then decide to eradicate them and turn Earth 10 into a new Krypton, which will be populated with the only Kryptonians left in that universe: the prisoners of the Phantom Zone.

That would certainly be an interesting story.

You are also forgetting about the Citadelians.

No, that was actually the first thing I thought about when you mentioned that he killed more people than both World Wars and i thought how the Citadelians weren't even close to that number.

When Zoat mentioned bombarding planets I remembered that Green Light religion episode.

If Paul does it right he could try and ask Overman to try and pressure Kal-El into releasing more Kryptonian technology to help Earth out. Shit, the data on world colonization efforts alone would be a huge boon for humanity, sooner or later Paul is dragging them to a new colony. The weirdness of Earth has to be enjoyed by everyone, especially if he figures out how to make a magically inert world become active without something grotesque like making deals with space demons and blood sacrifices.

And she's back again, this time carrying the broken half-Renault.
Renault hasn't sold cars with the Renault badge* in the US since the '80s. It's possible she wrecked an old Le Car, but it's unlikely.

*Renault owns Nissan, and Nissan partly owns Mitsubishi, both of which are sold in the US.

Mr Zoat, since New Kara is definitely taking orders from Aqualad, has she become an official member of the Team?
Yes.
If Paul does it right he could try and ask Overman to try and pressure Kal-El into releasing more Kryptonian technology to help Earth out. Shit, the data on world colonization efforts alone would be a huge boon for humanity, sooner or later Paul is dragging them to a new colony. The weirdness of Earth has to be enjoyed by everyone, especially if he figures out how to make a magically inert world become active without something grotesque like making deals with space demons and blood sacrifices.
You may be overestimating how eager Superman is to copy Nazis.

No, Kara! Bad! Don't you know that if you're strong enough to lift the car, you hit harder than it would?

Also, as shown in the series Empowered, if you don't have super speed or a ridicules amount of Super strength? You are better off getting in the Car and ramming your target with it at max speed.

"What are you making!?"

"Huh?" Kara's floated over to a mostly-complete machine and is studying it in fascination. "Oh. It's a ultrasound emitter for cancer treatment. Purple healing rays and other magic healing work on disease and physical injuries better than surgery or conventional medicine, but neither of them do much to stop cancer. But it turns out that a lot of the time cancerous cells are just different enough to other cells that the right pitch of sound can destroy them while leaving the healthy cells untouched." He smiles happily. "I'll be able to help a lot of people once it gets approval."

"I'm glad to hear it. So how did you and White Dragon meet?"
Holy shit. An (ex)villain finally using their mad genius to cure cancer. Will wonders never cease...

Vantavendi (part 12)
20th October 2012
21:42 GMT -5

Kara stares at me in what I'm increasingly coming to realise isn't mock offence but is in fact real offence.

"But they're dangerous supervillains!"

"Mister Morillo and Mister Tell are violent thieves, but the damage they usually do is nothing compared to the average week in some places. The fact that they put on a-"

I glance at the two where they glower up at us, in Mr. Tell's case through the hood of a nanotube-reinforced straitjacket in order to prevent him… Firing his… Skin cards.

Ew.

Technically, neither of them have 'costumes'. Mr. Morillo has fairly functional schizo tech body armour while Mr. Tell just has a pair of jeans so that he can reach the skin cards which cover his torso, though I suppose that the cards themselves could count.

"-n exotic appearance doesn't somehow 'prove' that they're worse."

She frowns. "Tell me where's worse, then!"

"Tijuana still has the highest murder rate-."

There's a roar of displaced air and she's gone, and I silently mouth 'thank you, Eris' to myself.

Then I turn to the unexpectedly expanded Garrick family.

"Sorry about that."

"That vas a accurate assessment. Did you have that one saved up for long?"

"She means well, but she's... Ah…"

Jay nods. "Easily distracted and a bit headstrong."

Blitzen nods. "If her head can survive an impact mit concrete like that, it must be strong. She is your Overgirl?"

"No, 'headstrong'. Impulsive and determined in following through on those impulses. And she's certainly someone's Overgirl."

"Ah." She nods. "I see. That is not a problem that Angelika has. She is always very deliberate."

"Where is she, anyway?"

"Taking my place in the Neu Reichsmen vhile I am here. She and Overman are planning somethink, but I just vant them to spent a little time together. He does not like to show it, but he vas very scared vhen she disappeared."

I look from her to Jay and back again.

"A… Nd..?"

"For a Nazi, she's not too bad."

Blitzen grins.

"Danke schön, vater. For a degenerate whose culture is based on that of the two vorts I am not meant to say, you are not too bad either."

"You can say 'Jew'. It's not considered pejorative."

"Okay, but that vas not the vort I vas going to use."

Jay takes a moment. "Was it like this for you, working with Angelika like this?"

I shake my head. "No, Angelika was far less self-confident. And she still doesn't accept the name 'Nazi'."

"I try to avoid self-deception. I know vhat ve are."

"But… I rather got the impression that Nazis were better at mental conditioning than this. You're being surprisingly flippant."

"Ah." She shrugs. "As the degenerates say, 'fick the man'. The Nazis have very strange mixed messages for actual superhumans."

"Angelika had a… Issue-."

"Jah, jah, she's sterile. How many children do you think any of us have?"

"I'd-. Assumed some? I mean, the whole traditional family role-."

"It doesn't mesh with superhumans. Ve're supposed to be… Ah… Elevated, jah? Above petty concerns and slave morality. Ve don't get normal lives. The vomen are supposed to conform to voman social ideas unt also not, because we are above that. And if you are a madman in command of a project that can produce superhumans, then you vere always right and everything you did to make them was right. They didn't even give me a name other than 'Blitzen'."

"Huh?"

"Jah, that vas very funny. 'Hallo everyone, here is Blitzen, our latest ubermensch, unbound by personal identification but rather a pure expression of an ideal'. 'Jah, but you can call me Johanna Garrick.'" She grins. "I thought they vere going to shit themselves!"

I frown and glance at Jay-.

"I've already had this talk. I'm not surprised that Nazis aren't even nice to other Nazis."

"It's the 'survival of the fittest' part of the philosophy. They let madmen do mad things, and if it doesn't vork out? Kill them. The idea was that superhumans naturally vould conform to the higher morality and so to Nazi ideals, because of course that makes sense."

Jay shakes his head. "I still don't understand how they rationalized that."

"I said mad scientist, jah? The people who kept going vith superhuman cloning research vhen Overman banned them from vorking on his body. They dream a mad dream and do not understand vhy no one else alzo dreams it."

"So how are you finding this degenerate world?"

She looks around, then shrugs. "It is okay? On a political level, I do not believe that refusing to ask a question is better than getting the answer wrong. There are many things that your civilisation has that are vorse than mine. Is deliberate murder vorse than a dereliction of duty vhich leads to even more deaths?"

Jay nods. "Yes. Much worse. You had worldwide death camps!"

"And ve did not have the communists. Our civilisation is stronk, vhereas yours could not come together even during an invasion of your whole vorld. The Other Flash feels zo terrible for killing their queen vhen he should be exalted as a hero."

I smile. "Jay, why don't you take the rest of the evening off? I can ride herd on Blitzen, and I think I've got a job for her that fits her skills perfectly."

Jay looks at me, clearly working out how to phrase his scepticism.

"Paul, I'm not sure that's exactly a safe option."

"It's a Justice League mission. I'm working under their rules of engagement, and I just need… Miss Garrick-"

"Hah!"

"-to go to a meeting or two and report back. She'll get to meet a colourful cross-section of the American population and learn about how a society's responses to crises don't have to come from a government entity."

"I…" He thinks for a moment. "Justice League rules?"

"Justice League rules."

"That should be alright. Jo?"

"As a proud daughter of the vaterland, I am eager to start!"

Last edited:

There's a roar of displaced air and she's gone, and I silently mouth 'thank you, Eris' to myself.
How many people are going to sue New Kara for damages at the end of this?

She looks around, then shrugs. "It is okay? On a political level, I do not believe that refusing to ask a question is better that getting the answer wrong. There are many things that your civilisation has that are worse than mine. Is deliberate murder worse than a dereliction of duty which even more deaths?"
I think there should be a 'results in' here, making it: 'which results in even'.

I smile. "Jay, why don't you take the rest of the evening off? I can ride herd on Blitzen, and I think I've got a job for her that fits her skills perfectly."

"It's a Justice League mission. I'm working under their rules of engagement, and I just need… Miss Garrick-"

"Hah!"

"-to go to a meeting or two and report back. She'll get to meet a colourful cross-section of the American population and learn about how a society's responses to crises don't have to come from a government entity."

"Justice League rules."

I'm excited to see how Paul will break Blitzen's mind and how long it will take.

There's a roar of displaced air and she's gone, and I silently mouth 'thank you, Eris' to myself

This should be interesting.

ead can survive an impact mit concrete like

I know it's her accent, but maybe 'wit concrete'

Taking my place in the Neu Reichsmen while I am here. She and Overman are planning somethink

I'm getting some coup vibes.

And she still doesn't except the name 'Nazi'."

'accept'

"I try to avoid self-deception. I know vhat ve are.

Well that's something.

mental conditioning than this. You're being surprisingly flippant."

"Ah." She shrugs. "As the degenerates say, 'ficken the man'. The Nazis have very strange mixed messages for actual superhumans

The Nazis had a lot of weird and nonsensical beliefs.

"I've already had this talk. I'm not surprised that Nazis aren't even nice to other Nazis

Seeing as most of the groups they hate are either dead or lost any semblance of power, I guess they needed to find something else to hate and chose the nearest group of people, themselves.

I'm actually kinda reminded of a Family Guy cutaway where two bigots are left behind in the Rapture and choose to start hating rocks and later on each other.

Then they bang.

"It's the 'survival of the fittest' part of the philosophy. They let madmen do mad things, and if it doesn't work out? Kill them. The idea was that superhumans naturally vould confirm to the higher morality and so to Nazi ideals, because of course that makes sense."

Jay shakes his head. "I still don't understand how they rationalized that

They're Nazis, they'll rationalize anything, even the dumbest shit.

Heck, especially the dumbest shit.

"I said mad scientist, jah

You did.

dereliction of duty which even more deaths?"

'which result' or 'rezults'

. Our civilisation is stronk, vhere as yours could not come together even during an invasion of your whole vorld

I'd like to see your world face a similar situation and whether you'll be able to come together.

I smile. "Jay, why don't you take the rest of the evening off? I can ride herd on Blitzen, and I think I've got a job for her that fits her skills perfectly

Time for shenanigans!

Though if it's connected to Crimson Avenger, then you're just giving her a very fast target.

As a proud daughter of the vaterland, I am eager to start!"

You won't be do eager at the end there.

20th October 2012
21:42 GMT -5

Kara stares at me in what I'm increasingly coming to realise isn't mock offence but is in fact real offence.

"But they're dangerous supervillains!"
Still doesn't change the fact they're C-listers at best. Compared to things like 'Alien S&M Ninja Elves' Sheeda or 'Black out the Sun' Wotan, they're only scary to normal people when they're in range of causing harm.

"Mister Morillo and Mister Tell are violent thieves, but the damage they usually do is nothing compared to the average week in some places. The fact that they put on a-"

I glance at the two where they glower up us, in Mr. Tell's case through the hood of a nanotube-reinforced straitjacket in order to prevent him… Firing his… Skin cards.
Not the strangest superpower around, really. Disgusting, but honestly threatening to humans.

Ew.

Technically, neither of them have 'costumes'. Mr. Morillo has fairly functional schizo tech body armour while Mr. Tell just has a pair of jeans so that he can reach the skin cards which cover his torso, though I suppose that the cards themselves could count.
Especially if they form in aesthetically pleasing patterns. Like Red suits on his left side, Black on the right, that sort of thing.

"-n exotic appearance doesn't somehow 'prove' that they're worse."

Please don't, she'll go off...

...half-cocked. Oh, boy. The United Mexican States is not going to know what hit it...

Then I turn to the unexpectedly expanded Garrick family.

"Sorry about that."
...She's new. And , uh... special.

"That vas a accurate assessment. Did you have that one saved up for long?"

"She means well, but she's... Ah…"
...Really hard to come up with ways to explain her unique outlook.

Jay nods. "Easily distracted and a bit headstrong."

Blitzen nods. "If her head can survive an impact mit concrete like that, it must be strong. She is your Overgirl?"
...Ah, that literal German mind.

"No, 'headstrong'. Impulsive and determined in following through on those impulses. And she's certainly someone's Overgirl."

"Ah." She nods. "I see. That is not a problem that Angelika has. She is always very deliberate."
And I'm sure Earth-10 is thankful for that.

"Where is she, anyway?"

"Taking my place in the Neu Reichsmen while I am here. She and Overman are planning somethink, but I just vant them to spent a little time together. He does not like to show it, but he was very scared when she disappeared."
I really hope your method of transit is either very limited in usable access or very easy to negate.

I look from her to Jay and back again.

"A… Nd..?"

"For a Nazi, she's not too bad."
To be fair, Jay, the Nazis you used to punch out were assholes. Or at least stuck working for assholes.

Blitzen grins.

"Danke schön, vater. For a degenerate whose culture is based on that of the two vorts I am not meant to say, you are not too bad either."
...Dare I ask which two 'bad words' she means? Because I bet there's a lot she's not allowed to say in 'polite' company around here.

"You can say 'Jew'. It's not considered pejorative."

"Okay, but that vas not the vort I vas going to use."
...Okay. That I did not expect...

Jay takes a moment. "Was it like this for you, working with Angelika like this?"

I shake my head. "No, Angelika was far less self-confident. And she still doesn't except the name 'Nazi'."
Well, she has literally never known any other way of life until she arrived here. It's understandable.

"I try to avoid self-deception. I know vhat ve are."

"But… I rather got the impression that Nazis were better at mental conditioning than this. You're being surprisingly flippant."
Why do I get the feeling she'll be a little bit Abridged!Alucard by the time she goes home?

"Ah." She shrugs. "As the degenerates say, 'ficken the man'. The Nazis have very strange mixed messages for actual superhumans."

"Angelika had a… Issue-."
Case in point. I pity whoever is in command of her back home, they're about to have quite a few headaches.

"Jah, jah, she's sterile. How many children do you think any of us have?"

"I'd-. Assumed some? I mean, the whole traditional family role-."
Probably easier for the male ubermensch. They can stop by home every once in a while, let the 'little lady' handle the child-rearing. :rolleyes: Gits.

"It doesn't mesh with superhumans. We're supposed to be… Ah… Elevated, jah? Above petty concerns and slave morality. We don't get normal lives. The women are supposed to conform to woman social ideas unt also not, because we are above that. And if you are a madman in command of a project that can produce superhumans, then you were always right and everything you did to make them was right. They didn't even give me a name other than 'Blitzen'."
Playing the 'Jungian archetype' card on her, eh? "She is Speed. She need be nothing more."

"Huh?"

"Jah, that was very funny. 'Hallo everyone, here is Blitzen, our latest ubermensch, unbound by personal identification but rather a pure expression of an ideal'. 'Jah, but you can call me Johanna Garrick.'" She grins. "I thought they were going to shit themselves!"
Oh, yes. I am loving her anti-authoritarian streak.

I frown and glance at Jay-.

"I've already had this talk. I'm not surprised that Nazis aren't even nice to other Nazis."
Well, they inevitably needed someone to be assholes to. Why not their rivals for power?

"It's the 'survival of the fittest' part of the philosophy. They let madmen do mad things, and if it doesn't work out? Kill them. The idea was that superhumans naturally vould confirm to the higher morality and so to Nazi ideals, because of course that makes sense."

Jay shakes his head. "I still don't understand how they rationalized that."
They're very good at self-deception. You'd think some of them might look at themselves and ask 'Are we ze baddies?' But no.

"I said mad scientist, jah? The people who kept going with superhuman cloning research vhen Overman banned them from vorking on his body. They dream a mad dream and do not understand why no one else alzo dreams it."

"So how are you finding this degenerate world?"
I'm sure the leadership encourages their wunderwaffen research. Never know if you're going to get something useful, but you never know, might get the next Overman.

She looks around, then shrugs. "It is okay? On a political level, I do not believe that refusing to ask a question is better that getting the answer wrong. There are many things that your civilisation has that are worse than mine. Is deliberate murder worse than a dereliction of duty which even more deaths?"

Jay nods. "Yes. Much worse. You had worldwide death camps!"
On the other hand, I think I can guess where she'd stand on people like the Joker...

"And we did not have the communists. Our civilisation is stronk, vhere as yours could not come together even during an invasion of your whole vorld. The Other Flash feels zo terrible for killing their queen when he should be exalted as a hero."

And there's the controversial opinions. Not surprising she'd default to 'Strength good, weakness bad. Unity strong!' Let's hope OL can work on that.

'This isn't a team, it's a chemical mixture.' And the end result might be hilarious to some, but not for those at ground zero.

"Hah!"
Well, it's as good a name as any. I wonder if Jay's been living up to the mental image she no doubt had of him.

Ideally, she won't even see a lick of combat. Realistically, she can at least end any fight faster than anyone else here. And if she's bound by league rules, she won't even kill any of them.

"Justice League rules."

Probably eager to meet all manner of strange new 'degenerates', I bet. Why do I get the feeling she's something of a xenophile, due to her upbringing?

If nothing else, the lady is going to have quite the eye-opening experience in OL's company. Probably a good idea to let her sample more than Jay Garrick's particular view of the world, at least. And she's enough of an unknown quantity to fool any... Less-than-forthright elements of the Alliance, since I assume OL wants her to sit in on their get-togethers. It promises to get lively, I think.

I glance at the two where they glower up us...
Probably better as 'at us' or 'up at us', I think?
"That vas a accurate assessment.
"That vas an accurate assessment." Unless that's part of her accent and rusty English?
...is better that getting the answer wrong.
...is better than getting the answer wrong.

She's new. And , uh... special.

Extra special.

Ah, that literal German mind.

Though she has a point.

Why do I get the feeling she'll be a little bit Abridged!Alucard by the time she goes home?

Well if the Nazis have an HR department back on Earth 10 then they'll be overworked with complaints about sexual harassment.

Oh, yes. I am loving her anti-authoritarian streak.

Pity her other qualities aren't so good.

Well, they inevitably needed someone to be assholes to. Why not their rivals for power?

Yep, they pretty much got rid of everyone else.

On the other hand, I think I can guess where she'd stand on people like the Joker...

To be fair, a lot of people would have the same opinion concerning him.

I like her, for some reason.

Myst be because DC has bigger monsters that Nazis and she is willing to change.

I think you mean 'accept'.
I think there should be a 'results in' here, making it: 'which results in even'.
confirm -> conform ?
Thank you, corrected.
I know it's her accent, but maybe 'wit concrete'
No, that's intentional.
I'm getting some coup vibes.
I can't find the reference at the moment, but I remember a history documentary a few years ago where they did a segment about Nazis and natural selection. A Nazi party official wrote to Hitler asking to be made head of the local party. Hitler's response was something like, 'if you can take over then just take over'.

Overman taking over wouldn't be coup, it would be what's supposed to happen according to Nazi ideology. It would be like calling it a coup when someone wins an election and peacefully walks into the office.
Seeing as most of the groups they hate are either dead or lost any semblance of power, I guess they needed to find something else to hate and chose the nearest group of people, themselves.
Oh bless you, no. That's not why.
2. If it did, it would be "fick the man"
Thank you, corrected.
Probably better as 'at us' or 'up at us', I think?
...is better than getting the answer wrong.
Thank you, corrected.
"That vas an accurate assessment." Unless that's part of her accent and rusty English?
It is.

Honestly, with how flippant she is and her saying "I know what we are" I think it'd be kind of funny if the attempts to "break her mind" as some people have put it just slid right off of her.

Because she just feels like one of the ones who would acknowledge that this Earth isn't as bad as she would have thought it would have been, but that her world still does things better.

Kara isn't quite so (intentionally) murderous, but this definitely reminds me of when Black Adam decided to kill an entire country in the comics. "Tijuana bad? Guess it's time to arrest the entire city!" That definitely has a silver age shenanigans feel...

Blitzen continues to be delightful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back