• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"Understood. This has got to be the weirdest arrest I've ever been part of."
I'll bet. I have no doubt OL is recording every moment of this too, so there'll be plenty of evidence.

Her eyes widen. "Aaahhh…"
Yes, he does tend to have that effect on some.

"The game is over. The jig is up. And the faster you tell me how you got this stuff and who your sponsor is, the faster I can start helping you deal with the consequences. Demons do not use the American legal system. And most magicians who deal with demons try to avoid leaving loose ends."
Heh, inadvertently settling this current argument in-thread.

"Who are you to tell me what to do with my soul? Angel tries to kill you last month!"
Unless she speaks very poor English, this would be 'Angels tried'?

"We came to terms. But if a demons has a connection to your soul...
"We came to terms. But if a demon has a connection to your soul...

Its one of the reasons why magicians...
It's one of the reasons why magicians...
(assuming he said 'it is' here?)

She starts breathing rapidly, her eyes widening as she starts to panic.
Oh, my. Quite the reaction.

I nod. "That's what I'm here for. So…" I look around the kitchen. "Why don't you have a sit down,-" I step forward, gently take hold of her forearms and direct her to one of the kitchen chairs. "-I'll make some tea, and you can tell me all about it."
How very British of you.

"Some… Some girl, I never got her name, sold me… Sold me some Hell Juice a few years ago. Said it would… Help with business."
Hmm... A younger Linda, possibly?

"I bough… A few doses, but I guess…
"I bought… A few doses, but I guess…

"The book had a lot of descriptions in it, but… Fawcett City happened and I… Didn't want to try anything dangerous."
Very sensible...

"Okay, I'm going to need to see the book, your ritual space… Everything you've got, so I can work out how big a hole you've dug for yourself."
And whether she can stay out of the bigger hole. The one with flames and so on...

"What if..? What if it wasn't a regular succubus?"
Oh boy...

Still very pleasant and calm. Impressive. Most capes would have been punching someone by now. :D

Last edited:
"Uh, a Mr. F. O. Fallen?"

"Okay. Thank you for telling me. And goodbye. You're fucked."
From the wording it was still a succubus.

But well... There are only really three of note... Lilith, Mazikeen, and Chantinelle.

Lilith is pretty much untouchable by anything anyone would have access to on Earth and with the Archangels MIA even in the Silver City. Mazikeen, if she is around, would be untouchable because harming her is one of maybe two things in existence that would bring Lucifer back. And Chantinelle is not really in any position to do that sort of thing in the first place given her inability to return to Hell.

Well it's unlikely to be Azmodus, since Zoat isn't using Spectre.

Azmodus is the union of a succubus and the ghost of the Spectre's first host.

Probably for the best. How powerful are they? Apparently the universe isn't big enough for both them and the Spectre. If Spectre is manifesting, Azmodus can't, and vice versa.

Perhaps the Succubus of Enchantress and Nightshade fame, aka Anita Soulfeeda (Don't look at me, I don't make up the names).

There is also the child of Chantinelle and the angel Tali, considering how mismanaged the angels were, it wouldn't surprise me if Asmodel managed to hide him somewhere.

Only if Zoat changed his mind.

He indicated it was curtains for the child.

I was kind of hoping the child would end up possessing a preacher in Kansas, maybe make Tom Cruise explode, but maybe that's just me. :)

Well it's unlikely to be Azmodus, since Zoat isn't using Spectre.

Azmodus is the union of a succubus and the ghost of the Spectre's first host.

Probably for the best. How powerful are they? Apparently the universe isn't big enough for both them and the Spectre. If Spectre is manifesting, Azmodus can't, and vice versa.

Perhaps the Succubus of Enchantress and Nightshade fame, aka Anita Soulfeeda (Don't look at me, I don't make up the names).
This would explain why there is no spectre

One thing I don't enjoy about this story, is just when a chapter gets interesting, it gets cut off for the next day/chapter. It is, in my personal opionion (by which I mean, doesn't mean squat), a sign of poor writing habits. Especially when it happens over and over again.

Sorry, Mr. Zoat, I just felt the need to complain/bitch. Nothing personal.

Honestly, I'm surprised none of you fine chaps over there have tea makers. None of us have kettles because we prefer coffee, and coffee machines are everywhere.
They use the stove, because our kettles are 240v, and their homes are 120v. Or they microwave the water, like barbarians.

They use the stove, because our kettles are 240v, and their homes are 120v. Or they microwave the water, like barbarians.
I was talking to the british, as a american. The 120v thing is pretty significant; it's hard to boil water quickly if a typical outlet can only put out a fraction of the wattage. But I'd also chalk it up to the fact that coffee lends itself to being made in a dedicated machine more than tea does.

On the definitional issues of what does and does not count as a succubus, the woman Paul is interviewing is not exactly an expert. She did the equivalent of following a YouTube tutorial on how to make your own meth and has just kinda been hoping for the best. Odds are, "is pretty, has bat wings, maybe a tail, and an aversion to clothing" is enough for her to assume "succubus." Heck, pretty much any demon might just have lied and told her it was a "very powerful succubus!" It could have been literally anything with enough power to grant... minor glamours that read as demon magic. I mean, depending on the timeline it could even be something Angelica did before her conversion and forgot to mention - the arc title is "Angelic," after all...

Neither Lilith nor Mazikeen are Succubi. Mazikeen is a Lilim, whereas Lilith is, Lilith.

Also, Zoat has never said where in the Lucifer series this is, I'm inclined to believe that it's before it, and butterflied almost everything.

Glad to know Paul has his priorities straight.

I like to think he's running a certain night club

Zoat has stated that Lucifer is past the nightclub owning stage.

oh hey there.

"You're not a succubus."

No I'm an Incubus buddy.

"A middle aged overweight Incubus?"

[changes shape]
never heard of a disguise, now let me guess you're here about the Massage parlor's cook book.

"well yes I was...."

fine fine [pulls out a pen] who do you want me to sign it too.

"you're under arrest."

oh har har.
I happen to be here legally [pulls out green card] and there is no law against providing magical books to people.

"Trafficking in demons is...."

Ever hear of the anarchist cookbook, not illegal to own or sell only using it to make bombs is.

"you knew full well it would be used."

Look am I being detained and if I am I want my lawyer otherwise Smeg off.

None of us have kettles
I have a kettle! Both a stovetop one and a nice electric one. The electric one takes about a minute to boil.

it's hard to boil water quickly if a typical outlet can only put out a fraction of the wattage
It's not a fraction of the wattage. We can power 100W light bulbs just as well as you can. It's half the voltage, but we just pull more amperage to compensate. It's not like any individual circuit in your house is going to use anywhere close to the rated current maximum; you'd trip a breaker if you did anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back