• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

And pushes the melding mask up before looking around.
And pushes the welding mask up before looking around.
"If you can crack this, high value weapons created all over the world will suddenly become available en mass.
"If you can crack this, high value weapons created all over the world will suddenly become available en masse.
(This is the usual spelling I've seen. If you prefer otherwise, that's fine.
Thank you, corrected.

That would risk biasing her study.
She's smart. She can account for that. Plus, she can check if Smiley was lying/ telling the truth much more easily than finding the actual cause and she can be ready for a sentient being to try artificially biasing her results. That's a problem with studies - they all assume there's nobody behind the scenes pulling the strings and causing artificial bias, but for example a hospital or prison director can limit the patients that can be interviewed, and scientists have to account for that at the very least by saying they still suspect something fucky with their data. OL doesn't know how powerful he might or might not be, and this seems like something an omniscient being could possibly mess with fairly easily by biasing the sample she ends up choosing in order to hide his existence. He also seems to be limited to Earth (since that's what heaven affects), so telling her about him on Venus / in transit between Earth and Venus should be safe.

Last edited:
Georgia glances guiltily at her rocket.. thing. "We weren't planning on handing them out. This is personal."

Just because OL wants comic book super tech to be widely available and used doesn't mean the Sivana family can't keep the best stuff or their stuff for them selves, it just means that comic book tech in general becomes widely available.

Superman already mentioned that most of the data he has is historical and cultural, he also mentioned to Paul that he is going to have a loock at it, to see if he can find anything usefull.
Yes, and then months later it comes out that he's been sitting on a Kryptonian bacta tank all this time (they used it to fix Match and/or Kara IIRC). Who knows what else he's got up in there that he decided wasn't useful?

Yes, and then months later it comes out that he's been sitting on a Kryptonian bacta tank all this time (they used it to fix Match and/or Kara IIRC). Who knows what else he's got up in there that he decided wasn't useful?
To be fair, the purple healing ray is about as useful, and the only reason they needed the Bacta tank was because it had Kryptonian data built in, and was capable of working with super-tough Kryptonian bodies.

That doesent really mean he can share the technology though, earth seems really bad at reverse engineering alien technology and doesent do much more then putting it in suits. I also doubt we have the recources and industry required to produce any significant amount of them.

That doesent really mean he can share the technology though, earth seems really bad at reverse engineering alien technology and doesent do much more then putting it in suits. I also doubt we have the recources and industry required to produce any significant amount of them.
Give it to Ted Kord, the resident good super scientist who has experience with alien tech.

There's something... really fucky, going on. The Watsonian answer is a mystery. The Doylist answer is that DC focused on making people in colorful costumes punch each-other entertainingly, and really did not think things through much otherwise. Add up cumulative decades of that, and you get a royal mess.

In DC the watsonian answer is the same a the Doylist answer- Every day technology and society stay the same because the DC writers write it that way.

Bates, Maggin, Diddio, Morrison, Johns, Waid, Rucka, they've all made appearances in DC with author powers.

The russian and chinese armies sure seem to be able to pull out reverse engineered and scavenged xenotech whenever they need to be plot relevant in DC. Maybe OL should look at what they're doing differently and compare it to the other countries he's been working with.

In DC the watsonian answer is the same a the Doylist answer- Every day technology and society stay the same because the DC writers write it that way.

Bates, Maggin, Diddio, Morrison, Johns, Waid, Rucka, they've all made appearances in DC with author powers.

Now I'm predicting their avatars actually show up to stop Paragon shaking things up even more. Weren't the Time Tailors based on the writers too? I'm vaguely aware of them but that could be another element.

The first few updates of a new story arc generally aren't what that arc is actually about, so we might not see pay-off or presumably Boss Smiley until later on. I can't see how the title relates to this plotline, either. I'm hoping the doppelgängers referred to are Constantine and Golden Boy, but possibly there are mad-science or magical clones of Paragon and/or the Team making an appearance, which seems narratively too similar to the Young Offenders but we'll see.

I'm curious if Smiley or other potentially esoteric factors behind humanity's stagnation are an issue in Renegade's timeline, or if his New Godliness somehow negates that so his spaceship initiative can actually work and become widespread.

The russian and chinese armies sure seem to be able to pull out reverse engineered and scavenged xenotech whenever they need to be plot relevant in DC. Maybe OL should look at what they're doing differently and compare it to the other countries he's been working with.
Thats different, they integrate alien technology into their own, but they dont seem to be capable to make any of it themselves .

Should he tell her about Smiley?

"Someone pulling strings in the background" would be an obvious explanation, but it might have been all a hallucination after all.

Should he tell her about Smiley?

"Someone pulling strings in the background" would be an obvious explanation, but it might have been all a hallucination after all.
Except that he could just tell her that "someone could be pulling strings in the background" is possible, but not mention it being Boss Smiley. We know, for example, that Vandal Savage was doing it too. That would keep him from creating a fake answer. He could even keep Boss Smiley secret so that results aren't biased.

You.. want to make the mad scientist... More paranoid?
This way she has a target for her paranoia. She's actually less paranoid since she knows where the danger is coming from. Otherwise, she may just find what Vandal Savage was doing, in Renegade, which should be fairly easy, and stop there.

Last edited:
This way she has a target for her paranoia. She's actually less paranoid since she knows where the danger is coming from. Otherwise, she may just find what Vandal Savage was doing, which should be fairly easy.
Knowing the source is only useful against linear threats; Smiley's indirect methods of influence mean that there'll be affirmation of a threat, and a broad range of potential threat vectors.

Knowing the source is only useful against linear threats; Smiley's indirect methods of influence mean that there'll be affirmation of a threat, and a broad range of potential threat vectors.
At the very least she'll be prepared, and won't blame OL when she finds out he knew all along. Because she will, because Smiley can tell her and give her a reason to hold it against him - he's known to be manipulative. At the very least leave her a way to emergency comunicate with OL if it gets more dangerous than she can handle. He can port in, grab her, and get her to safety now in a manner of nanoseconds. Bound to help with her paranoia. Tell her it's in case Sheeda attack while she's not in the bunker. She's already wary of them.
If secrecy is important, at least give your purposefully unknowing civilian helper a safety net to prevent all sorts of bad tropes. It's fine if he doesn't help other people, they can take care of themselves. But she's not a fighter, and she almost died recently, so she's vulnerable.
OL is putting her in danger, and not telling her, or keeping her safe, which seems like an unheroic thing to do.

Last edited:
Now I'm predicting their avatars actually show up to stop Paragon shaking things up even more. Weren't the Time Tailors based on the writers too? I'm vaguely aware of them but that could be another element.

The Time Tailors, aka the Seven Unknown Men of Slaughter Swamp, seem to be author avatars, they look like Morrison (their co creator) and the renegade Zor had author powers going for him, for example he retconned Zatanna to be his daughter.

Which I thought could have been interesting- a Zatanna with the magic of stories.

I almost never remember how they actually look like for some reason. I keep imagining the main Dr. Sivana as looking and sounding like Rusty Venture from the Venture Bros. His mad scientist daughter for some reason I keep imagining as a slightly nerdier looking Kamala Khan from Marvel comics.

I realize this is massively wrong in so many ways. I even know what they each really look like. But this keeps happening for some reason.

I almost never remember how they actually look like for some reason. I keep imagining the main Dr. Sivana as looking and sounding like Rusty Venture from the Venture Bros. His mad scientist daughter for some reason I keep imagining as a slightly nerdier looking Kamala Khan from Marvel comics.

I realize this is massively wrong in so many ways. I even know what they each really look like. But this keeps happening for some reason.

Thaddeus Sivana and Thaddeus Rusty Venture do look alike.

By the way, when did Dr Sivana get his magic eye thing? Is it a new 52 invention?

At the very least she'll be prepared, and won't blame OL when she finds out he knew all along. Because she will, because Smiley can tell her and give her a reason to hold it against him - he's known to be manipulative. At the very least leave her a way to emergency comunicate with OL if it gets more dangerous than she can handle. He can port in, grab her, and get her to safety now in a manner of nanoseconds. Bound to help with her paranoia. Tell her it's in case Sheeda attack while she's not in the bunker. She's already wary of them.
If secrecy is important, at least give your purposefully unknowing civilian helper a safety net to prevent all sorts of bad tropes. It's fine if he doesn't help other people, they can take care of themselves. But she's not a fighter, and she almost died recently, so she's vulnerable.
OL is putting her in danger, and not telling her, or keeping her safe, which seems like an unheroic thing to do.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but she's a hypercompetent supergenius with a entire family of supergeniuses to back her up. "civilian" isn't quite the right description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back