• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Awwwww.

Give you a guess as to which color I align to the most. T: The research I did suggested the necessity of the presence of another ring but some of the comics were kind of ambiguous about that? I remember Indigo-1 channeling fear without Sinestro being around, for instance. It's all rather confusing.
i though Blackest Night: Lantern Corps explained it.palmer thought about other emotions he was feeling and channeled those through his staff

I think zoat mentioned that he would probably die

Even with a power ring? Recharging it would be the main problem. Maybe a wish to Shenron?

Also, bit of a non-sequitur, but Paul had trouble finding jobs for the Terror Twins right? Because they liked breaking stuff?

What about tunnels or general underground construction? That's still super expensive. But villains able to destroy things quickly could maybe be employed there.

Even with a power ring? Recharging it would be the main problem. Maybe a wish to Shenron?

Also, bit of a non-sequitur, but Paul had trouble finding jobs for the Terror Twins right? Because they liked breaking stuff?

What about tunnels or general underground construction? That's still super expensive. But villains able to destroy things quickly could maybe be employed there.
something about not knowing about martial arts or the setting of dragon ball leading to him trying to hide from all the screaming madmen before being found and killed

Sure, it's probably just trolling, but I can't help but wonder about Komand'r. Didn't Grayven decide to start courting her after the relationship with Jade shit the bed?

Also not really sure why Kara has a stick up her ass about Pir-El. He didn't start the war, he merely finished it. And the other side was just as willing to obliterate cities.

"No, we're not a noble house. It's…" She looks away. "The logo for my dad's favourite chariot polo team."
She's doing the equivalent of using a basketball shirt as her costume. It would be funny if the public copies her outfit without knowing that.

Her face freezes for a moment. "Are you getting turned on by this?"

I nod my head to the left. "Little bit. You're just so spunky. Hey, do you want to-?"
Is Grayven going to do this a lot with powerful female acquaintances? First time was Circe and Le Faye, now it's Kara 50.

I don't know what the canon conditions for Indigos using other colours is, so I can't use it. Mine therefore is something original, though it will be a while before it comes up.
You gave an explanation on this thread once. I put it in the TV Tropes characters page, indigo lanterns, for anyone who wants to know as well as a direct link.

I was under the impression that Indigo Lanterns literally absorb the light from the other lanterns, It certainly looked like that when John Stewart channeled the the black light inside Mogo.
RCO016.jpg

RCO018.jpg
Or when Indigo channeled the Green and Yellow Light
2BTAtLKiRmwEx-rNxMEytGXJYMFrmtZAmZ1Zps5yQ-JeQszq1vVELTNZ0oD7oG-XlVzIYv8aIm4B=s1600

Last edited:
He could have at least used more words. Like "the January incident". Is funny him saying he has the wisdom of Solomon and talking like tarzan.
With all due respect and no offense intended... Your English language skills are quite good, but you're not a native speaker. Using "from" with a time sounds perfectly natural.

Channeling other lights without an appropriate lantern around is apparently an advanced feat.

An indigo tribesman wasn't shown channeling a light independently until Stewart channeled the Black to destroy Mogo when Krona infected the GLC and the Guardians with the Emotional Embodiments.

And if an indigo tribesman can channel the black, they might be able to channel the white too...
That's what made me wonder, but to be fair it's been a couple years since I read blackest night/brightest day

Broken link
Broken link
Thank you, corrected.
Works for me.
Shouldn't this be 'brake'?
Thank you, corrected.
Linked to SV, dunno if you wanna update that for QQ
No, that's fine.
Since I have no idea what this was, I'll take it out.
Disdain, if that's a british-ism in spelling I've never heard about it before. I could be wrong.
Distain is a word, but it means something else.
I fixed this last time you pointed it out.
Thank you, corrected.
Somehow, this clip has vanished from the internet.
Missing quotation mark at the end there
Thank you, corrected.

I was under the impression that Indigo Lanterns literally absorb the light from the other lanterns, It certainly looked like that when John Stewart channeled the the black light inside Mogo_Or when Indigo channeled the Green and Yellow Light

I sit corrected.

I had forgotten about the black lanterns still being in Mogo's core.

Conqueror's Moon (part 8)
26th December 2004
21:35 GMT -6

Boom!

"Don't those things come with a suppressor?"

Shayera swoops through the boom tube and lands in the empty hangar, myself and Diana walking through at a more sedate pace behind her. She's not wearing either the traditional leotard of the Wonder Woman nor the old body stocking thing. Rather, she's just wearing normal Themysciran guard armour in what I'm assuming is an attempt to visually separate her new self from her former self. Or maybe not; it does cover more of her skin than the leotard. Maybe it provides better protection.

"I can build quieter ones, but not at a man-portable size."

Diana… Has been avoiding my eyes. A radically out of character development, both in Universe 50 and Universe 16. I should probably sort that out.

"Ah, Shayera, why don't-" She looks around. "-you go and tell Batman that you wrecked his ride. I need a quick word with Diana."

Diana tenses, and Shayera's eyes narrow slightly. "Alright, but if I hear fighting I'm coming right back."

"Of course."

She regards first me and then Diana for a moment, then flaps her wings and heads for the hangar door. I wait for her to pass through it and for it to close behind her before turning to Diana.

"So. You appear to have regained your divine abilities."

"I-. Yes." She meets my eyes, showing a little of the resolve I was expecting.

"Did you apologise to your sponsors?"

"Not.. at first. After you-. Even after you left, I still couldn't.. bring myself to accept that I'd made a mistake. But I couldn't keep living like that. So I went to the shrine where the Wonder Woman's equipment is kept and bound myself in the Lasso of Truth."

Ooooooooooh. Not only would that compel total self-honesty, but it's… Basically re-enacting what Herakles did to Hippolyta.

She sees my expression and nods solemnly. "It is no easy thing to confront all of your assumptions about the way things are and have your self-deceits torn away. You were right. Batman.. was right. And I am ashamed that I let my pride prevent me from seeing it sooner."

"And your powers came back afterwards?"

"No. My powers came back after I apologised. To my mother, to Captain Philippus… I asked Batman to let me use the Watchtower's communications systems to let me apologise to the world."

I nod, then step forward and lay my right hand on her left shoulder. She.. doesn't really respond.

"While I doubt that anyone else really cared, I respect the level of humility that shows, and your determination to do better."

Her eyes flick up to meet mine for a moment, then return to facing downwards. Yes, I suppose… Something like that, you don't just return to the status quo ante bellum. Still, it's a good sign that she's here. Depending on what my alter-ego's gotten together, we may well need her strength.

I lift my hand off her shoulder. Now is probably the time to pick up Sunset.

Diana takes a step in the direction of the exit. "Batman should be in the command centre. I can show you up."

"Would you please excuse me for just a moment first? I need to pick something up from my own base of operations."

"Ah. Yes?"

"Mother Box, open up a tube to the Mountain."

"Ping."

Boom!

I step through.

10th February
09:02 GMT -7

"Hey, Sunset-."

"Hah!" The door between the parallel universe portal and the rest of the Mountain… Opens, and Sunset punches the air, pale blue light glowing around her hands. "Got it!"

"Um."

She turns around to face me, smugness fighting with irritation in her expression. "Did you lock me in on purpose, or did you just forget that you reengaged the lock?"

"Oh, that was totally intentional. Good work." She inclines her head slightly and raises her eyebrows. "Come on through and I'll introduce you to people."

"I'll need my equipment."

"You can get it after I've introduced you. You can't know what you need until you've gotten a feel for the magics of the place."

"I.. suppose." She walks past me through the tube. "Just don't lock me in a parallel universe for half an hour."

26th December 2004
21:38 GMT -6

"Sunset, this is Princess Diana of Themyscira. Diana, this is Sunset Shimmer, my magical minion-."

"Not his minion."

I look at her sceptically. "You are literally my minion. I pay you, you do work for me. That's pretty much the definition of minion."

"No, minions are entry level labourers and thugs." She crosses her arms across her chest. "I'm a skilled professional heading my own department. That makes me a lieutenant. At least."

I turn back to Diana. "This is Sunset Shimmer. She's a lieutenant. At least."

"Hello, Sunset Shimmer."

"Are you a demigoddess like our Diana? Can I study you?"

"I.. suppose that I am. And… What do you mean by 'study'?"

"I'll let you two get acquainted. Mother Box, boom tube to command."

Ping.

Boom!

I stride through, arms held wide.

"Let joy be unbound, for I have-."

"Grayven!"

John glares at me as he keeps rocking a construct cradle, in which lies…

I amble closer as the infant looks up at me.

"Three hours, getting him to sleep."

"I am most terribly sorry." I make eye contact with the baby. "Hello, tiny human."

"Nmmrarmarn."

The baby wiggles its arms in my general direction and closes its eyes again. I crane my neck in John's direction.

"Yours?"

"Mine and Shayera's."

Hm, not seeing any wings. Not that I know enough about human-thanagarian hybrids to know whether that's typical or not.

"What's his name?"

"Rex Stewart. Rex Grayven Stewart."

"I can be available to babysit at very short notice."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back