• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"You will all burn!"

I turn back to our prisoner. "Ah! Words! Well done. Is there any particular reason we'll burn?"

"Because you'll be on fire!"

I know it's a simple and obvious joke, but it still got me to laugh.

All I can think of is that guy from guardians of the galaxy threatening people.

No, that's two words. The SI specifically said 'one word'.
> "I hate the Jews"

> "I am so not a bigot."

Pick one.
Yes, saying 'I hate Jews' indicates that the speaker is a bigot, in the same way that saying 'I hate Celts' or 'I hate Quakers' does. This is because it refers to membership of a group and not to any of the actions of the group.
On the other hand, 'I hate the actions taken by Israel during the occupation of Lebanon' doesn't, and neither does 'I hate the actions taken by the Kingdom of Great Britain during the occupation of Ireland' or 'I hate pacifists', even if those things predominantly relate to a particular group.

So ... good OL corps recruit or no? Probably not good control on greed

No, that's two words. The SI specifically said 'one word'.

Yes, saying 'I hate Jews' indicates that the speaker is a bigot, in the same way that saying 'I hate Celts' or 'I hate Quakers' does. This is because it refers to membership of a group and not to any of the actions of the group.
On the other hand, 'I hate the actions taken by Israel during the occupation of Lebanon' doesn't, and neither does 'I hate the actions taken by the Kingdom of Great Britain during the occupation of Ireland' or 'I hate pacifists', even if those things predominantly relate to a particular group.
Have to argue on 'I hate pacifists' - that is a particular group with given beliefs and no particular action is specified. It is bigoted. Likewise, Celts are definitely a race - no specific shared beliefs/ traditions are too varied, and similar physical characteristics, so by given definition, that is racist, not bigoted.

Last edited:
Looked up the dragon's name.

"Drakul Karfang, you belong to the Orange Lantern Corps."

The wiki says she can burn people up using the fear and hatred they have inside of them. Who wants to bet that an Enlightened OL can resist that.

The wiki got it wrong. Her flames burn people from the inside out through their deceptions, including self deceptions like pride or vanity. Hence Wonder Woman wasn't very burnt, deception being anathema to her nature, she hasn't accumulated a lot over her life. Although according to word of Greg YJ Diana had a secret identity in WW2, so YJ would have accumulated a bit more lies over the years......

She spreads fear and hatred like a miasma around her, turning people against each other.

She eats gold, and by so doing consumes the sins of mankind- deceit, murder, betrayal.

In short, when it comes to sin, she's basically a fan of all seven.

The wiki got it wrong. Her flames burn people from the inside out through their deceptions, including self deceptions like pride or vanity. Hence Wonder Woman wasn't very burnt, deception being anathema to her nature, she hasn't accumulated a lot over her life. Although according to word of Greg YJ Diana had a secret identity in WW2, so YJ would have accumulated a bit more lies over the years......

She spreads fear and hatred like a miasma around her, turning people against each other.

She eats gold, and by so doing consumes the sins of mankind- deceit, murder, betrayal.

In short, when it comes to sin, she's basically a fan of all seven.
That's gonna be interesting. Zoat was definitely thinking of a way to have the age thing come back to bite OL in the ass.

A secret identity isn't necessarily a lie. Especially if it's not all that secret and used mainly to allow civilian life. Both Diana Prince and Wonder Woman could be true. Steve knew about her secret identity, and so probably did the government.

Last edited:
Have to argue on 'I hate pacifists' - that is a particular group with given beliefs and no particular action is specified. It is bigoted. Likewise, Celts are definitely a race - no specific shared beliefs/ traditions are too varied, and similar physical characteristics, so by given definition, that is racist, not bigoted.
The action specified is 'not use violence', because that is what the word means.
Actually, Europe's wild animals are making a comeback. In this parallel, at least.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24230765
Sure, but not to the level it was 1000 years ago.

Basically, comeback or no, there is insufficient biomass to maintain a dragon's territory.

Unless, of course, she starts snacking on long pig.

Her primary diet seems to be gold and gemstones, that's why the dracognomes were stealing them for her, as food.

While she's shown eating both gnomes and cows, that might not be for dietary reasons, but just because she loves killing things.

The more treasure a dragon consumes, the more evil they absorb, and she has eaten a lot of treasure.

We're talking "kill everything on the planet seems like a fine hobby" territory.

Except Graven actually believes his own lies, and therefore, is not actually lying. Even to himself..

Everybody talking about if Paul will burn or not, while I am thinking if the dragon would be like the one on *Shrek* and make an appearance on the "Eros Verse* of this story.

Everybody talking about if Paul will burn or not, while I am thinking if the dragon would be like the one on *Shrek* and make an appearance on the "Eros Verse* of this story.
Drakul Karfang canonically ate sophonts and tortured people for fun. And also used mind control breath to cause towns to fall into anarchy and enslaved a species. The SI would want to be pretty certain that this version didn't want to do any of that before he would consider becoming involved with her.

I don't think you know what ethnicity means. Judaism is all opinion based on the Tanakh, which does not make it an ethnicity. You can believe it is passed down from your parents, but that's still an opinion. Either do more research or accept you don't actually want to listen to your opposition. You're not an expert in Judaism because you googled it, and frankly I'm offended that you think you are.

*Cough* DNA tests *Cough*

That would make sense: a giant reptile would require large amount of food which wouldn't be readily available in a region as heavily setting as Europe is now.
Think that should be "as heavily settled", actually.

As for whether hating pacifists is bigoted, I'll just quote Tom Lehrer's introduction to his 1964 song "National Brotherhood Week":

"I know there are people in this world who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!"

*Cough* there is no Star of David on any particular strand of DNA *cough*

Except there kinda is? The Davidic line is a thing.

I recognize what you're trying to say, but you're stating as fact, a position that has been at significant debate.

More than happy to continue via PM because some of this may touch rule 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back