1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Mind-controlled is pretty trustworthy.

2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Considering the unplanned 8 year time jump I'd say not enough. He's downright shifty even!

3. BlueMangoAdea

Ah. So not 2020.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When they went through it they were told that months may pass on the Earth 16 side, so Melmoth wasn't really behind this, but his wife just launched a Harrowing while they were away.

Zoat changed it to 2012.

5. Agent Orange

:/ and now I'm sad.

ChestBurster, Gilhelmi, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  6. BlueMangoAdea

It's still more than 1 month into the future, from Paul's perspective.

7. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah here I was thinking the "timeskip" the story was supposed to have was Zoat pulling a huge trojan horse on us.
    Even his typos are well played.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ahh British English, truly it will destroy us all.

This site apparently runs more on American English, so words spelled in British English tend to have that red line under them that signifies it was misspelled.

9. Agent Orange

Yes but a month or three were accounted for I think. 8 years post-Harrowing of 2012 would've been much more interesting.

Also, was OL trolling Beulah or flirting with her? Given how tsundere she is around him it's hard to tell.

10. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

No doubt wishing she could employ some of it to be rid of OL. I take it she's coming to Earth again.

Likely an idiom she's never heard, giving that drawing straws would seem somewhat like gambling to the Columbians. I expect they sort out shit work by whoever's in charge simply telling them who's doing what.

Well, one benefit of having Swirly-cheeks working for him now. Easier access to Sheeda resources.

No doubt she volunteers for hard duty all the time. Likely out of some guilt over her family having produced Klarion. Or she's just that zealous.

Ah... So the Witch-hunters will be running around looking for warlock-breed and Sheeda-spawn after all. No doubt the man in charge decided to have a pre-emptive 'don't pull any shit' lesson in advance.

:confused: ...And they're sending you? I kid, I kid. She's probably one of the saner Witch-hunters by virtue of youth. No cynical experience to speak of.. besides Klarion.

Yeah, OL doesn't really seem the sort, though. Boy, That's going to be a shock when she hears the story.

Well, it wasn't entirely his choice, after all. It was more of a theocratically-motivated kidnapping. The only reason he busted out was his non-standard configuration of soulstuff.

Eh, it's a long-established trope. The True Believer who discovers that what she believes isn't as squeaky-clean as she thought. Then goes through a breakdown and rebuilding period...

Why, yes, he is. Looking to join up, or would you like to have your crisis of faith first?

Ah. The old 'I really want to hit something right now. You'll do.' play.

So accommodating, OL. You're presumably hoping it doesn't involve some quirky kind of magic you won't be able to heal, I expect.

Feel better now? Anytime you feel the need to do that out of righteous anger, I'm sure OL will volunteer...

Not in the way you're thinking, ironically. It was more like plugging a modern hard drive formatted for a Mac into a thirty-year-old PC... Many compatibility issues.

Well, that depends on how well the Presence can negotiate with Lord Hades. Since I doubt it particularly wants a war breaking out over one oddball soul... Sure, it'd likely win, but not without a lot of collateral damage.

Not the first time OL;'s had that reaction, is it?

...Okay, the lady really needs to calm down a little. Or her patience is going to be sorely tested on Earth. After all, even if she isn't a local beauty, her features are going to be quite attractive to some folks...

If she's turning the other cheek, it's only because she's winding up for a reply to your first shot..

Yeah, this is going to be very entertaining. It's a pity we'll likely not see the day-to-day experiences of the Columbians, except for brief check-ins by OL.

So, Alan and Diana are sticking around locally, until the negotiations on their side are worked out? And I presume Canis is staying there to get Mother Box tuned in.

Ah, the not-so-glamorous side of Lanternhood. Getting stuck doing the heavy lifting...

Ipswich England, as Mr Zoat thoughtfully clarified. So they're back in England after all...

Honestly, even though Mr Zoat corrected the date, this still would have been an interesting plot. I could easily see the witch-paths as having a temporal component alongside the spatial one. They are coming back from millions of years in the future, after all. I doubt the Sheeda would care about a few years difference in target date... Just imagine the story possibilities as they try to track down a time machine in the middle of an invasion, trying to get back home while doing their part to protect people...

And the Sheeda are Harrowing here too, given the troops' reaction to the Columbians.

Well, bugger. At least Melmoth can be useful, even if the invasion's already started...

So, the Sheeda Harrowing happened on the same day in both Paragon and Renegade timelines, then. I expect they're having a much harder time of things with humanity this time, though. And there's a good chance the Orange Lanterns have sent some people to help the fight, this being their Illustres' homeworld and the Venturia pact and all. Whatever else, it's a hell of a way to finish an episode.

Something feels missing there.

11. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

That's actually user side. In your browser settings. I think?

ChestBurster and moralrelativity like this.
  12. storybookknight

storybookknight Know what you're doing yet?

Goddamn, I'm surprised OL didn't feel that burn right thru the environmental shield. Beulah is scathing.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

She may just like to work.

Idle hands and the devil.

She's most likely going there as a bodyguard.

Given the fact that they sent her to kill Klarion she may be at least a bit more powerful than your average Columbian.

And that's assuming that the Presence is still around and hasn't left like he did in Lucifer.

No, no it isn't

To be fair we don't see the day to day experiences of a lot of the civilizations OL visits.

Hmm, didn't know that.

14. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S HARROWING TIME, BABY!

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Though I think that most would prefer it to be Diaper Time.

16. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea... A lot of woman seem to think that...

Shouldn't the Green Lantern satellite and Kryptonian starbase have already wiped them out by now?

17. Agent Orange

Two words: Sheeda Magic.

edit: It's like regular magic but more bullshit (because Time Traveling Drow are extra speshul)

ChestBurster and moralrelativity like this.
  18. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

What year was it before the left Earth?

moralrelativity likes this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

2012, and it's still 2012, but Zoat misspelled it the first time, but now changed it from 2020 to 2012.

20. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I hope that Beulah finds out Paul was telling the truth and gets to speak with Zauriel. Where is he by the way? I would think Heaven would want to at least make a token effort to help humanity with something like this, or at least have Zauriel represent them.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Last time we saw Zauriel OL advised him to help of the Terror Twins mother with her alcoholism because she was more likely to listen to an Angel than an ordinary priest.

Maybe he is helping them fight off the Sheeda, but as for the rest of Heaven remember that they have some odd priorities, like when they didn't try to stop the demonic invasion on Fawcett despite their mission being to fight the influence of Hell, so they may not be lending a hand for whatever reason.

Those Congregationalists may be helping out, but that's probably it if Heaven hasn't decided to do more.

22. Agent Orange

Is Zauriel full angel again? Or is he still Fallen? I can't remember whether he got restored or not?

ChestBurster and Prince Charon like this.
  23. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

If this really is a Harrowing as it was in Renegade than I can't wait to know how effective or ineffective the Sivanas' defenses were. They may even be looked on positively if it turned out well.

ChestBurster and Darko like this.
  24. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

What happened to the captured Sheeda guy? Is he in the same situation as Melmoth or did he die or escape in the chaos of Melmoth's attack?

25. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, that was just a mistake on my part.
    That's the plan...
    Thank you, corrected.
    Less 'misspelled' and more 'forgot what year it was'.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He got his Angel powers again after Karrien killed him in the Judgement Day episode.

When he went to see OL the last time he apparently looked less ethereal.

I think the Angel Kings thought about making him a mortal, so maybe they did do that and that's why he looks less ethereal, or it could be because he wants to not stand out so much and is trying to look at least a bit more human.

Truly Brits are evil.

That, or you wrote another worlds apocalyptic year.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  27. Belenus

Belenus Versed in the lewd.

Beulah is always a delight. OL does know he's flirting with her though, right? I mean, that entire conversation was pretty textbook flirting with a hostile target.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He might just be ribbing her.

Though he has shown some denseness when it comes to relationships with girls before, so it may be that.

I'm pretty sure OL would do fairly well in a Cardassian courtship.

29. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

misnumerated?

30. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ardy and Prince Charon like this.