• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Paul is posession of an artifact created by race that are peers to The Old Ones, which has a database full of cosmic lore and technologies.

Teclis is the foremost Archmage of the Asur who has a HUGE thirst for knowledge, tempered and sharpened with wisdom.

Seems pretty obvious WHY he would should show up, and in a dragonship to boot

The ring may not have that database.

Paragon did not have a database when he showed up on Earth 16 so this version may also not have a database.

Well, Paul can certainly deal with the physiological symptoms of Khaine's curse I'm sure, but not so much the curse itself. The Bloody-handed One is a VERY sadistic, petty bastard, and he's not one to suffer interference with his workings

Paragon was shown as being able to devour magic with his ring, and seeing as this version lived in a fantasy magic world he may have more experience with this.

Who needs a database. Thats all stuff he'd know rings are capable of by default. And he's had months of time to practice.
Rings aren't capable of that by default... Paul didn't learn how till after he interfaced with other Lantern stuff.

And knowing that it's possible to warp space time doesn't tell you how to do it...

Rings aren't capable of that by default...
You realise you're saying that rings are incapable of it by default, right? Because that's what what you just said means. So since you're asking about it in this case rather than asking how the SI is capable of it in general, how exactly do you think the paragon added that capability to his ring?

Mr Zoat, I was wondering, I believe you once said that John Constantine thinks Paul is a fictional character who was pulled into reality due to misunderstanding Paul's explanation on how he knows so much about John's adventures. Is there a way to find that quote? I just want to add it to the TV Tropes page.

Edit: If that isn't possible (I tried to but couldn't), could we get an official Word of Zoat explaining what exactly John thinks Paul meant?

Last edited:
Mr Zoat, I was wondering, I believe you once said that John Constantine thinks Paul is a fictional character who was pulled into reality due to misunderstanding Paul's explanation on how he knows so much about John's adventures. Is there a way to find that quote? I just want to add it to the TV Tropes page.

Edit: If that isn't possible (I tried to but couldn't), could we get an official Word of Zoat explaining what exactly John thinks Paul meant?
Here.

John believed at the time that the SI was a fictional charaacter brought to life.

You have proven your loyalty
I would hope so, Paul went to a meaningful amount of effort to install that loyalty in her brain. Mind-raping a replacement Druchii Sorceress would require not-entirely-trivial effort on his part.

Well, if there's research that can be done for the good of Ulthuan the world, it's only natural that Teclis position himself to take credit contribute his insight. Plus, it sounds like OL found a lost colony of elves that need to be brought back under Ulthuan's authority support.

Ulthuan's elves are nicer to outsiders than any other elven kingdom that has an officially published army list. Consider for a moment how low that bar is.
o_O you act as if anyone else on the planet is better. Most nations won't try to help anyone at all. The Karaz Ankor only helps to pay their debt. Bretonnia will help because that is their idea of fun and Ulthuan will help because they think you are a child incapable of helping yourself.

WFB isn't as aggressively GrimDerp as 40K, but it is still very grimdark.

o_O you act as if anyone else on the planet is better. Most nations won't try to help anyone at all. The Karaz Ankor only helps to pay their debt. Bretonnia will help because that is their idea of fun and Ulthuan will help because they think you are a child incapable of helping yourself.

This kinda makes me wish a bunch of Pauls would show up there for a short while, demonstrate how powerful they are, and try to get people to realize that there are stronger forces out there that aren't demons and gods and that maybe they should listen to Paol a little more if he could become that strong.

Well, those other nations didn't have my cheating older brother playing their army list, and dwarves don't have the monopoly on grudges.

Also? Ulthuan doesn't really help. They show up. They participate. Then they convince everyone that their presence was essential. In Storm of Chaos, their contribution was a fucking horse.

Well, those other nations didn't have my cheating older brother playing their army list, and dwarves don't have the monopoly on grudges.

Also? Ulthuan doesn't really help. They show up. They participate. Then they convince everyone that their presence was essential. In Storm of Chaos, their contribution was a fucking horse.
If you're relying on ultruism, you're not orange lanterning very well.

If you're relying on ultruism, you're not orange lanterning very well.
I'm not, I'm shitting on the faction that passes for good guys by being just self-aware enough to understand that the world ending kills them, too, but otherwise being villains that disguise their nature by decorating with pastels and Lucky Charms cereal.

First I heard about the horse. Could you tell me where I could confirm that for myself?

I would hope so, Paul went to a meaningful amount of effort to install that loyalty in her brain. Mind-raping a replacement Druchii Sorceress would require not-entirely-trivial effort on his part.

Ah, but where does Age of Sigmar fall on that spectrum?

I figure, from what I've dived into about Soulbound and faction histories, they are less grim dark than classic WH Fantasy.

First I heard about the horse. Could you tell me where I could confirm that for myself?
On Valten's wiki page, under war gear and abilities. Apparently, it was sired by the horse favored by Teclis's brother, Tyrion. Giving that horse to a guy who was presumed to be the Second Coming of Sigmar was how Ulthuan decided to help against the Everchosen. Apparently, sending three elves to help against the last one had been too much.

You realise you're saying that rings are incapable of it by default, right? Because that's what what you just said means. So since you're asking about it in this case rather than asking how the SI is capable of it in general, how exactly do you think the paragon added that capability to his ring?
Nope, just Paul's ring, because it had no database.

Paragon added that ability, by downloading every bit of data he could get his ring on. Up to and including making copies of the general GLC database.

Nope, just Paul's ring, because it had no database.

Paragon added that ability, by downloading every bit of data he could get his ring on. Up to and including making copies of the general GLC database.

First mention of transitioning here during the fight with Klarion at the Tower of Fate.

Paragon didn't get a GLC database until he stole John Stewart's ring during the Starrotech mind control incident.

Last edited:
Mr Zoat
Do you think you would be able to recreate the starwood trees from the genetic sample in the hull of the dragon ship, using the ring? would be a powerful tool against chaos.

Mr Zoat
Do you think you would be able to recreate the starwood trees from the genetic sample in the hull of the dragon ship, using the ring? would be a powerful tool against chaos.
I suspect that it wouldn't occur to him that a tree could be so important.

I don't know how well DNA survives in wood. Maybe? Though if there was a magic component that might not work.

I suspect that it wouldn't occur to him that a tree could be so important.

I don't know how well DNA survives in wood. Maybe? Though if there was a magic component that might not work.
a shame. after i read about it in the wiki, it seemed practically miraculous to me. there are very few things that can truly fight chaos corruption in the Warhammer world. i wonder if they could be modified to even reverse it. that would be a game changer.

as for the the magical component, since Ulthuan contains the great vortex all the winds converge there, so it would simply be logical to assume that the Starwood trees need a magic rich environment, which should be producible with the help of the high mages.

Teclis seems cool, from his entry, someone Paul can work with.

Also, more 40K please!

Teclis is the (roughly) WHFB equivalent to Eldrad 'That Dick' Ulthran, when it comes GW's parity between Fantasy and 40k.

Now Eldrad is a very high bar to be placed against, but if you're operating anywhere near that level, 'seems cool' is a dangerous assumption.

The End Times and Teclis is a merry old time, and his tag team with his brother come Age of Sigmar ...well.. that's just the icing on the cake.

(when the 'heros' have Slannesh the goddess of excess calling for an adult, you know things are well off the rails)

First mention of transitioning here during the fight with Klarion at the Tower of Fate.

Paragon didn't get a GLC database until he stole John Stewart's ring during the Starrotech mind control incident.

Also, as far back as Renegade's first meeting with the Team, he pulled off short range FTL to mess with Kid Flash, Long before he'd had a chance to so much as observe another lantern, let alone get database information.

The ring might not have a technical database about other things, nor a complete owners manual, but it can be asked questions on it's own abilities as well as experiment using it's sensors and the laws of physics around.

Honestly for the WHFB and even the Wasteland Paul's (while he had charge), taking an afternoon with the ring to re-derive formula's for physics/chemistry/etc from first fundamentals and ring gathered data, then making a few books would not be a waste for later on.

Just having one of these in his pocket when he arrived could very well uplift a primitive civilization or two.

The ring may not have that database.

Paragon did not have a database when he showed up on Earth 16 so this version may also not have a database.
Though... 40k Paul was able to warp. Does that mean that 40k had a database?

I don't think it's necessary in Zoat's fics. Also for some reason 40k Paul can't make new rings out of assimilated people

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back