• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Pizza has existed for a thousand years. It's still around on Earth 10, though not exactly popular in Germany. Similarly, the beef burger in a bun is an evolution of a 19th century German food. Mexican food exists, and I'm going to say that German soldiers attacking the southern US brought it back with them.
Chinese American food is gone.

Yes, but they only achieved their current form and became widespread in post WWII USA. On Overman's Earth Pizza would be very different and much more limited, Hamberger's would be somewhat different and harder to get as well as being served different toppings or no toppings, Also, while most East Asian dishes would be basically impossible to find Curry and other types of Indian food would likely still available in England at least.
That said given how culturally chauvinistic the Nazi's tended to be I have a hard time imagining German food not being the dominant cuisine because higher ranking Nazi's have insisted on it.

So, just because it did get mentioned, the Nazis kind of did try to claim Jesus as an Aryan warrior-priest. It was part of the Nazi attempt to establish "Positive Christianity".

Adherents of positive Christianity argued that traditional Christianity emphasized the passive rather than the active aspects of Christ's life, stressing his miraculous birth, his suffering, his sacrifice on the cross and other-worldly redemption. They wanted to replace this doctrine with a "positive" emphasis on Christ as an active preacher, organizer and fighter who opposed the institutionalized Judaism of his day. At various points in the Nazi regime, attempts were made to replace conventional Christianity with its "positive" alternative.

Positive Christianity differed from mainstream Christianity in that positive Christianity:
  • Rejected the Jewish-written parts of the Bible (including the entire Old Testament)
  • Claimed "Aryanhood" and non-Jewishness for Christ
  • Promoted the political objective of national unity, to overcome confessional differences, to eliminate Catholicism, and unite Protestantism into a single unitary positive Christian church
  • Also encouraged followers to support the creation of an Aryan Homeland
The New Testament was also altered; by removing the genealogies of Jesus that showed his Davidic descent, Jewish names and places were removed, quotations from the Old Testament were removed unless they showed Jews in a bad light, references to fulfilled Old Testament prophecies were removed, and Jesus was reworked into a militaristic, heroic figure fighting the Jews using Nazified language.

There were figured who wanted to take things a lot further. One such figure being Alfred Rosenberg, who wanted Positive Christianity to be a "transitional faith" that would get people used to a Nazi Religion before going full speed towards replacing Christianity altogether. But Hitler was never really willing to go that far, being more in favor of just making a Nazified Christianity.

Krummkreuz (supplementary, Renegade Option)
16th September 2012
13:38 GMT -7

Rainbow Dash flaps lazily, holding herself in the air roughly level with my head as she looks me over.

"So that's what you really look like, huh?"

I shrug. "Define 'really'."

"You know, when the mirror doesn't change you into a pony."

"It's my current default, yes, but this isn't the first shape that I've had, and it may well not be the last." I shoulder aside-.

I stop and remind myself who I am.

I reach out with both arms, grip the trunk of the tree that is standing between me and the Castle, and heave. Despite my strength this is harder than you might think, as my grip strength tends to make trees shatter or strips the bark from the trunk. But with a little help

There's a burst of flying soil, then the tree and most of its roots pull free from the ground.

Miss Dash backs off slightly. "Whow."

I toss the tree away from us, deeper into the woodland. "So the trees in the Everfree Forest actually move?"

"Ah… I dunno. Sometimes I think they do, but that might just be because they all look the same."

"Because that wasn't there when I made this path." I look back the way we came. I left most of it as-is because I wanted the restoration of the Castle to be a surprise for Luna, but if the path I made through the forest is going to close up that quickly then I'm bricking the darn place over and getting Sunset to put wards on the path.

"It's the Everfree. If you don't want weird stuff to happen, you're in the wrong place dude."

"Your definition of 'weird' and mine are very different." Nodding in satisfaction, I walk the rest of the way up the hill and stop at the gorge acting as the Castle's moat.

"Yeah." Dash frowns. "I don't get how your whole world has wild weather."

"Nearly all of your whole world has wild weather. And as Equestria industrialises, your job will get more difficult."

"It will?" She thinks for a moment. "Right, because of the chimneys. Stuff gets burned and creates heat, and all the smoke in the air messes with the air temperature and humidity. Took me a while to work out where the weird line of wrong temperature air was coming from when the railway reached Ponyville."

"Not just that. As more ground gets paved, it stops absorbing water. Which causes run off rates to accelerate, causing brief but sudden swelling in the streams and rivers."

Miss Dash frowns. "Aw, man! Ponies are gunna get even more fussy about the rain schedule! Totally uncool."

"You could hire diamond dogs to dig storm drains. The land here is vertiginous enough that you could manage it without pumps."

"That's even worse. Ponyville's all zoned as agricultural land! You got any idea how much paperwork I'll need to fill in if the water table changes?"

"No. As you said, my world has wild weather. How much is it?"

"I don't even know!" She throws up her forehooves. "Lots, probably. And whoever's Ponyville's Weather Manager is gunna have to work out how all that extra surface water affects air humidity, and then work their feathers off shifting it all. But that's not gunna happen for a while, right?"

"Luna and I were talking about shifting the main railway hub from Canterlot to Ponyville. The lines are already heading this way, but we'll need to build another big train yard, and then… Things will probably accelerate."

"Bottom line it for me. How long 'till things start getting all screwy?"

"Couple of years for the trains? Then it depends on how fast other things build up."

"Okay. Guess I'll just have to make sure I'm in the Wonderbolts by then." She flies a little way ahead. "So are you actually going to go down there?"

"I'm a little.. nervous about it. I'm not used to trees having the capacity for judgement, and the power to follow through."

She rolls her eyes. "It's fine. Is that why you never went down there when you were rebuilding the Castle?"

"I didn't do much of the rebuilding personally. And I know to leave powerful magic artefacts alone when I don't know how they work."

I follow her down the steps. The genomorphs enlarged the steps into something an alicorn could walk down and added a handrail-. Ah, guard rail, so it's a little safer now than when Pinkie Pie first fell down it. Miss Dash hovers over the path, though I'm not sure if that's just to be sociable or because the air currents make it awkward to fly directly.

"So how come you're coming here?"

I tap Mother Box.

"I believe that Sunset is correct about the nature of Wilson's magic. But what I don't think she's fully appreciated is that magic isn't a passive thing. Existing focuses of magic may well act against someone trying to change things. I need to know where the Tree stands."

"What if it doesn't like you?"

"That's why I'm in bipedal shape. If it lashes out, I can duck behind you."

"Hey!"

"What? It likes you. Maybe it'll give you rainbow power again. Then you'll be rainbow Rainbow Dash."

"Nah, that was just for fighting Tirek. All the magic went into building Twilight's castle."

"Huh. That sucks. You given any thought to becoming an alicorn?"

She screws up her face. "Kinda? I mean, it's pretty cool, but I wouldn't fit in with the other Wonderbolts. And Twilight's started growing again after she became an alicorn, so I'd have to relearn all my tricks. It could be years before I'd be good enough!"

"But you'd have years."

"And thanks to you, I'd have to spend them fighting humidity and zoning laws!"

I snort with laughter.

"Yeah, fair enough. You been up to anything interesting lately?"

She grins. "I got to meet my favorite author, A.K. Yearling! Only it turns out that she's actually Daring Do, the famous adventure archaeologist!"

I nod. "Nifty."

"We fought Caballeron, who was working for Ahuizotl, who was trying to use this magic ring to take control of the sun and unleash eight hundred-"

Wait. Wait. What?

"-years of sweltering heat!"

I smile. "Yeah, okay."

"What?" Miss Dash shakes herself out of her memories, frowning at me. "What do you mean 'yeah, okay'?"

I sigh. "Miss Dash, I realise that you've only lived in Equestria for your entire life… But in the capital city -Canterlot, it's the one on top of the Canterhorn Mountains- there's this big white pony. Her name is Celestia, and her job is controlling the sun: making it rise in the morning and set in the evening."

"That-. What?"

"I know, I know, I didn't believe it when I first heard about it either, but we tested it and it turns out that it's true."

"Bh-? Well, yeah, but-."

"I mean, she can literally make it tick around the sky like the hands of a clock. So.. I doubt that some random magic… Ring? Would do anything she couldn't override with a little effort, resulting in an immediate attack by the Equestrian military on anyone stupid enough to try and undo the control she's had for a thousand years."

I smile at her.

"But I'm glad you had a good time."

I step off the bottom of the steps and walk towards the Tree's cave.

"Hey! Get back here! I'll show you!"

Last edited:
"I mean, she can literally make it tick around the sky like the hands of a clock. So.. I doubt that some random magic… Ring? Would do anything she couldn't override with a little effort, resulting in an immediate attack by the Equestrian military on anyone stupid enough to try and undo the control she's had for a thousand years."

OOOHHH. NEW SOLAR GODDESS GEAR FOR CELESTIA!

Speaking of divinity, is she effectively a goddess? Can a Conner Kent worship her instead of Helios for blessings?:D

Mr Zoat, I was rereading and found an error. That should be spelled as 'Lawrence'.
shouldn't this be ' wit ' as in intelligence or knack? The Nazi doctor is saying primitive people don't have the wit for technology since alien technology helped Germany win the war and the world. And with The Bat saying there are magic tribal shamans in African reservations, what magic that is native to Earth-10 cannot overwhelm the Nazi technical advantage.
Thank you, corrected.
No idea what the original picture was, but I'll add something new.

I sigh. "Miss Dash, I realise that you've only lived in Equestria for your entire life… But in the capital city -Canterlot, it's the one on top of the Canterhorn Mountains- there's this big white pony. Her name is Celestia, and her job is controlling the sun: making it rise in the morning and set in the evening."

"That-. What?"

"I know, I know, I didn't believe it when I first heard about it either, but we tested it and it turns out that it's true."
Ha! First time I've seen a human- *pauses, squints* -humanoid be on that side of that discussion.

So either Ahuizotl had faulty info on the whole thing, it's a pre-Celestia artifact that she can at least contest if not fully overpower, or...

Well, to be fair it's a whole big artifact set and not an individual ring. If you go by the fact that in the last season Cozy Glow was able to use a bunch of items of disparate origins to drain the magic of all Equestria, having one purpose-made artifact to control the sun regardless of Celestia's power/affinity isn't impossible.

16th September 2012
13:38 GMT -7

Rainbow Dash flaps lazily, holding herself in the air roughly level with my head as she looks me over.

"So that's what you really look like, huh?"
Ooh, The Renegade taking an Equestria break in his normal skin? Bet that attracted attention on the trip to... Wherever he is. Let's hope he doesn't go mucking up more things in the Pony kingdom.

I shrug. "Define 'really'."

"You know, when the mirror doesn't change you into a pony."
Not curious about how you'd look in skin instead of fur and feather, Dash?

"It's my current default, yes, but this isn't the first shape that I've had, and it may well not be the last." I should aside-.

I stop and remind myself who I am.
Still having trouble keeping Grayven-16's thoughts out of his head, eh? Or just remembering your original human form?

I reach out with both arms, grip the trunk of the tree that is standing between me and the Castle, and heave. Despite my strength this is harder than you might think, as my grip strength tends to make trees shatter or strips the bark from the trunk. But with a little help

There's a burst of flying soil, then the tree and most of its roots pull free from the ground.
Ah, the fun of Super-strength without some manner of TK assistance. When grabbing a car's bumper and pulling... Just leaves you with a detached bumper. When trying to catch something ends up with you going right through it like a nail... :p

Miss Dash backs off slightly. "Whow."

I toss the tree away from us, deeper into the woodland. "So the trees in the Everfree Forest actually move?"
...I would not put it past them. The deeper parts of the woods qualifies as an Eldritch location..

"Ah… I dunno. Sometimes I think they do, but that might just be because they all look the same."

"Because that wasn't there when I made this path." I look back the way we came. I left most of it as-is because I wanted the restoration of the Castle to be a surprise for Luna, but if the path I made through the forest is going to close up that quickly then I'm bricking the darn place over and getting Sunset to put wards on the path.
Or just accept that you'll have to keep making object lessons abut what's 'your turf' and staying off of it...

"It's the Everfree. If you don't want weird stuff to happen, you're in the wrong place dude."

"Your definition of 'weird' and mine are very different." Nodding in satisfaction, I walk the rest of the way up the hill and stop at the gorge acting as the Caste's moat.
Not very subtle, is it? But given Discord's era of messing with the world, I can see it being necessary.

"Yeah." Dash frowns. "I don't get how your whole world has wild weather."

"Nearly all of your whole world has wild weather. And as Equestria industrialises, your job will get more difficult."
Heh. It's probably a long time off, but I pity the pegasi who end up having to deal with smog...

"It will?" She thinks for a moment. "Right, because of the chimneys. Stuff gets burned and creates heat, and all the smoke in the air messes with the air temperature and humidity. Took me a while to work out where the weird line of wrong temperature air was coming from when the railway reached Ponyville."

"Not just that. As more ground gets paved, it stops absorbing water. Which causes run off rates to accelerate, causing brief but sudden swelling in the streams and rivers."
Yeah, Rainbow Dash is actually pretty smart, at least when it comes to weather. Remember, the pony is damn good at her job. ("Ten seconds flat!")

Miss Dash frowns. "Aw, man! Ponies are gunna get even more fussy about the rain schedule! Totally uncool."

"You could hire diamond dogs to dig storm drains. The land here is vertiginous enough that you could manage it without pumps."
No doubt there's some Pony out there with a special knack for water-flow management.

"That's even worse. Ponyville's all zoned as agricultural land! You got any idea how much paperwork I'll need to fill in if the water table changes?"

"No. As you said, my world has wild weather. How much is it?"
Rainbow Dash... And paperwork? I just assumed she had a co-worker who handled it all.

"I don't even know!" She throws up her forehooves. "Lots, probably. And whoever's Ponyville's Weather Manager is gunna have to work out how all that extra surface water affects air humidity, and then work their feathers off shifting it all. But that's not gunna happen for a while, right?"

"Luna and I were talking about shifting the main railway hub from Canterlot to Ponyville. The lines are already heading this way, but we'll need to build another big train yard, and then… Things will probably accelerate."
And then you'll have the added challenges of coal-smoke filling the air. I can't imagine that's pleasant to fly through.

"Bottom line if for me. How long 'till things start getting all screwy?"

"Couple of years for the trains? Then it depends on how fast other things build up."
Given how quickly the series seemed to develop, I suspect things won't take all that long.

"Okay. Guess I'll just have to make sure I'm in the Wonderbolts by then." She flies a little way ahead. "So are you actually going to go down there?"

"I'm a little.. nervous about it. I'm not used to trees having the capacity for judgement, and the power to follow through."
<Swamp Thing clears his throat awkwardly...> Wonder if there's an equivalent arrangement here? An embodiment of the collective will of all plant life, and one for animal life, or of fungi and bacteria...

She rolls her eyes. "It's fine. Is that why you never went down there when you were rebuilding the Castle?"

"I didn't do much of the rebuilding personally. And I know to leave powerful magic artefacts alone when I don't know how they work."
...Are you sure? I seem to remember a few occasions when you did exactly the opposite... Granted, said srtifacts were usually being used against you at the time...

I follow her down the steps. The genomorphs enlarged the steps into something an alicorn could walk down and added a handrail-. Ah, guard rail, so it's a little safer now than when Pinkie Pie first fell down it. Miss Dash hovers over the path, though I'm not sure if that's just to be sociable or because the air currents make it awkward to fly directly.

"So how come you're coming here?"
Still odd that a major power like the Tree of Harmony... lives in a cave, more-or-less...

I tap Mother Box.

"I believe that Sunset is correct about the nature of Wilson's magic. But what I don't think she's fully appreciated is that magic isn't a passive thing. Existing focuses of magic may well act against someone trying to change things. I need to know where the Tree stands."
Probably a good idea, given that the power of Harmony possesses the ability to drop orbital Friendship beams on people. And while it generally only smites those going against it, that is a very nebulous portfolio.

"What if it doesn't like you?"

"That's why I'm in bipedal shape. If it lashes out, I can duck behind you."
Plus, he's still not the most agile thing on four hooves...

"Hey!"

"What? It likes you. Maybe it'll give you rainbow power again. Then you'll be rainbow Rainbow Dash."
I don't know, I don't think she's got quite the temperament to care for all that hair...

"Nah, that was just for fighting Tirek. All the magic went into building Twilight's castle."

"Huh. That sucks. You given any thought to becoming an alicorn?"
Imagine all of the Mane Six as Alicorns aligned to their specific element... :confused: An Applejack that could drop an entire particular grove of trees in a single stomp, without disturbing its neighbours... A Rarity who could literally transmute gem-quality crystals out of thin air or mundane rocks... A Fluttershy, who can befriend any creature without fail, or cow foes with a slight furrowing of her eyebrow... :eek: A Pinkie Pie even less bound by the laws of physics...

She screws up her face. "Kinda? I mean, it's pretty cool, but I wouldn't fit in with the other Wonderbolts. And Twilight's started growing again after she became an alicorn, so I'd have to relearn all my tricks. It could be years before I'd be good enough!"

"But you'd have years."
On the other hand, you could casually realign the weather for hundreds of miles... In ten seconds flat! :p

"And thanks to you, I'd have to spend them fighting humidity and zoning laws!"

I snort with laughter.
Such is the price of power, Dash. And we all know what comes with great power...

"Yeah, fair enough. You been up to anything interesting lately?"

She grins. "I got to meet my favorite author, A.K. Yearling! Only it turns out that she's actually Daring Do, the famous adventure archaeologist!"
Which puts this sometime after the episode 'Daring Don't'. Fits with the rough timeline of the season, and the encounters with Starlight Glimmer.

I nod. "Nifty."

"We fought Caballeron, who was working for Ahuizotl, who was trying to use this magic ring to take control of the sun and unleash eight hundred-"
And how weird is it that there's a creature from Aztec Myth running around out there. Was there some kind of Aztec-equivalent civilisation of his kind out there somewhere? It's later revealed he was just trying to protect the relics of his people from thieves Archaeologists... Is he the last of his kind? A Guard who remained behind after they went.. somewhere? o_O So. Many. Questions...

Wait. Wait. What?

"-years of sweltering heat!"
...I don't see how that would protect his people's relics... Maybe by wiping out all life in Equestria? :confused: Gah... That just raises further questions!

I smile. "Yeah, okay."

"What?" Miss Dash shakes herself out of her memories, frowning at me. "What do you mean 'yeah, okay'?"
Feeling a bit insulted that he's not excited about that sort of thing? Dash, for him, that's an average Tuesday.

"That-. What?"
Yes, it does sound just a bit... Illogical when you stop to think about it.

"Bh-? Well, yeah, but-."
And now she's realising he's messing with her...

I smile at her.
Well, multiple Rings, and it probably had something to do with the temple they needed to be installed in... Maybe it was some kind of magical laser?

"But I'm glad you had a good time."

I step off the bottom of the steps and walk towards the Tree's cave.

"Hey! Get back here! I'll show you!"
:D Aw, what's the matter, Dash? Can't handle a little friendly ribbing?

Odd to cut away right before a big action scene, but sure, it's always entertaining to see what the Renegade is up to. Though you'd think the Princesses would have been more diligent about keeping track of all these magical artifacts floating around the world. Especially the ones reputed to be capable of large-scale destruction. Of which there's a surprising number... Then again, they always seemed to be taken care of by protagonists... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Agreed It's always nice to see Rainbow Dash show that she is competent with in her area of expertise. That said most of the time she comes off as a bit of dumb jock.
To be fair. That's how she sees herself at the start. Like her main character arc IMO is accepting her own nerdery.

Let's hope he doesn't go mucking up more things in the Pony kingdom.

We both know that your hopes won't come true.

A Pinkie Pie even less bound by the laws of physics...

Thank you so much for the nightmares you've given me.

And how weird is it that there's a creature from Aztec Myth running around out there.

Not that weird when you consider what Zoat did with this story.

Basically he made it so that Starswirl banished some sirens to Earth 16 using the mirror, who were eventually slayed by Prince Jon in his quest to die a warriors death.

It's possible that things and beings from Earth 16, or some other Earth, also came to Equestria.

Or Ahuizotl originally came from Wilson but some of his kind ended up on other Earths.

Thank you, corrected.
Ha! What's this! A Rainbow Dash that is more than a loud jock? Well done!
There's a scene in Xenophilia where she has to work out her weather schedule, and the other characters walk in on her surrounded by reference guides and mathematical notes.

Also, did you know that for several decades in Britain weather forecasters were legally magicians?

Also, did you know that for several decades in Britain weather forecasters were legally magicians?

It was technically several centuries, it's just that it wasn't really practical for anyone to even try before we got faster communication than a person on horseback or courier birds. And an actual network of communication using those methods.

Pretty sure it was actually the British that did it first though, so that's neat.

It was technically several centuries, it's just that it wasn't really practical for anyone to even try before we got faster communication than a person on horseback or courier birds. And an actual network of communication using those methods.

Pretty sure it was actually the British that did it first though, so that's neat.
No, I mean actual meteorologists in the modern sense.

And yes, we do a lot of things first.

No, I mean actual meteorologists in the modern sense.

And yes, we do a lot of things first.

Unless we're somehow talking about a similar but somehow totally different situation I was already aware of that. But what I'm referring to at least is a law passed sometime in... I want to say the 1600s, but I'm a bit fuzzy on that part, relating to the use of "Witchcraft" to predict the future, which included predicting the weather, that wasn't repealed until sometime in the 1900s.

Edit:The video that introduced me to this random fact, and also a small correction, the anti-witchcraft act that made meteorology technically illegal was actually from the year 1735, so not the 1600s.

Edit 2:The act was also about the conjuration of things rather than predicting them, so my bad there. I'm also not sure if it actually was repealed after all.

Laws about magic are strange, especially so at 2am.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back