• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

I feel we should treat Sabah as a wing buddy.we have enough canon facts to know she doesn't swing that way for Theo.

Party Stunt~ Skitzyfrenic gib dice! and willpower recovery! or motes! XP is also acceptable! Auuuuuu

Also any mote spending is with [Personal Essence Pool].

- - -​

Let it not be said that the young Anders scion was unaware of the great game, that which men and women called politics. He was very well versed in it.

True, in this day and age, the politics that ruined lives and raised the fortunes of the rich and powerful were less physically bloody, but that only concealed just how potent such things were.

And that made it all the more obvious when plays were made, Theodore Anders was observant for all that he played the part of bumbling oaf in the past.

That was then, and this was now. With his transformation [death] into a parahuman [Abyssal Exalted], things were so much clearer with the way the heat in his heart roiled about, spreading forth from the heart throughout his body much like a replacement of blood. Now the Dark Prince saw all, he heard all...

More importantly, he swam in the crowd of the modern noble lords and ladies like a shark would in the sea amidst schools of fishes, scenting the flow of conversations, redirecting words that were testing probes and feints with smiles, nods and acknowledgements.

Always with truth, and no lies, even if the words implied things, such as questions as to his new found attractiveness... "Well, you'd be amazed at what money can get you. There are parahumans with the ability to transform one's body if you're willing to fork out the coin. Very banal, I know... but such is life, yes?"

Implications with truth. The Theodore of yesterday was gone, in its place was the Dark Prince... even if others called him Theo, he was a prince amongst men and women. And those he spoke to, knew it, that to curry favor with him would but lead to an ascension of their star and fortunes.

That seems more like a (short) omake than a stunt. As per the OP, the rewards for fanwork are either ".5, 1, or 1.5 XP depending on the quality and length".

Wut? Seriously? You call this an omake that is better than a stunt? This is what Bii considers a 2 dice stunt at best. :3

Wut? Seriously? You call this an omake that is better than a stunt? This is what Bii considers a 2 dice stunt at best. :3
CQ and AS both have word limits for stunts, IIRC 50 or 60. That was, what, a couple hundred?

(50-60 words is an extremely strict limit and I wouldn't prefer it if offered the choice.)

That's not really a stunt... Bii would give 1 dice for that at the best. Unless Bii is generous and trying to get players to stunt more often. :3
Eh. But that's literally the limit of what the books say. Description of action with some environmental interaction. Two die for a solaroid.

Eh. But that's literally the limit of what the books say. Description of action with some environmental interaction. Two die for a solaroid.
Like said... 1 die max. You're basically describing something just slightly better than I hit him with a sword, by interjecting what charm you're using and "jumping off a wall".

This is the stunt system that made Tanuki cry when it first learned exalted... you guys with your "I used the environment, I deserve a +1 stunt dice" and your "I involved my motivation, I deserve a +1 stunt dice." have it easy. You need to impress and amuse not just the Storyteller, but also the OTHER players involved.

Exalted is a storytelling game, not an engineering problem. The point of the game isn't to find the most efficient possible solution to a problem — the point is to have fun. But in many cases, rules force players to choose between making an efficient choice of action or making an enjoyable and dramatic one. This punishes players for trying to make the game fun. Exalted solves this problem through stunts, making the most entertaining thing the optimal choice.

As players, having characters perform a stunt is easy — you just do your best to describe what they're doing in the coolest fashion possible. "I hit him" might be straightforward and efficient, but it's dull. "I whirl entirely around, bringing the blade in a bright circle and leaving a hair-fine streak of silvery Essence behind the tip of the blade as I slash through my target" is fun to hear about and actually describes things. When you do that, you've performed a stunt.

The mechanical effects of performing a stunt are twofold. First, this is a story, not the real world. More specifically, it's a story that partakes heavily in the larger-than-life dramatic sensibilities of the sword-and-sorcery fantasy and anime action genres. Cool things are more likely to succeed that dull or dumb ones. When you describe a stunt, the Storyteller may add a bonus of one to three dice to your dice pool when you perform the action. The cooler and more entertaining the description, the larger the bonus.

Secondly, stunts that succeed are profoundly affirming events for the character. If your character performs a stunt, and it succeeds, he gets a reward. Your character can regain one mote of Essence for each bonus die the Storyteller awarded you for the stunt. If you got two or three dice, you may decide not to take the Essence and get back a point of temporary Willpower instead.

So what's to keep you from performing a stunt every time you undertake an action? Nothing, other than the fact that it's hard to be creative all the time. If the Storyteller doesn't think your stunt is cool, you don't get the bonus dice, and if you don't get any bonus dice, you don't regain Essence or Willpower for succeeding in the stunt. The Storyteller and players should spend some time talking about what sort of look and feel of stunts they want in their game of Exalted.

Players may freely combine stunts and Charms to enhance the same action. Indeed, the use of Charms can enable a large number of really spectacular stunts. However, just using a Charm doesn't automatically make an action into a stunt or even make it more likely the action will receive a stunt bonus. "I hit him with my mace using Excellent Strike" is still "I hit him with my mace," with just a few extra words added. The stunt bonus is entirely contingent on the player's ability to describe the character's action in an engaging and imaginative fashion.

CQ and AS both have word limits for stunts, IIRC 50 or 60. That was, what, a couple hundred?

(50-60 words is an extremely strict limit and I wouldn't prefer it if offered the choice.)
That was only for Alchemical Solutions, and really only because the "stunts" there are also sub-votes of critical importance. Conquest Quest, OTOH, explicitly differentiates between stunts and sub-votes(1 vs 2 dashes.) A stunt doesn't fundamentally change things and needs only token support.

For the other extreme, consider Panopticon Quest, where the "stunts" are massive write-ins. Again, that might not be the best example, because people don't always vote for Plan ES Bii and also because Biigoh isn't literally writing half the quest.

Biigoh its at least 1xp worthy right now. It won't be dice until we get to that vote. But I'd give that two dice, it really sets the tone and gives a really good impression of how he's handling it and the people around him.

Will add bonus xp when returned to home from werks.

Will reread stunt rules when home as well to give a brief explanation of expectations. Answer any concerns I see popping up and writing the update.

but we aren't GLORIOUS, we are dark and edgy, like a vampire!

Well at the very least it should help us seduce Missy after all she's a tween and we're a sparkly DARK AND EDGY vampire like in her twilight novels :D (except we're awesome instead of stupid)

So basically, 2 very popular long running worm/exalted quests that the GM and players might want to give a look and take some notes from. Awesome.

FTFY :p

Except for the fact that popular=/= good, and just because something worked in a different quest under hilarious different circumstances doesn't mean that they'll work here. I'm fairly sure that this quest flat out will never have the kind of traffic/shitposting that those quests did and wont have to worry about too many people spamming stunts and shit.

Except for the fact that popular=/= good, and just because something worked in a different quest under hilarious different circumstances doesn't mean that they'll work here. I'm fairly sure that this quest flat out will never have the kind of traffic/shitposting that those quests did and wont have to worry about too many people spamming stunts and shit.

Well they're the only two notable worm/exalted quests still running iirc all the others have died so they must be doing something right

Well they're the only two notable worm/exalted quests still running iirc all the others have died so they must be doing something right
Firstly, SB is famous for having terrible taste and having a fetish for numbers. Secondly, once again they're hilariously different quests in hilariously different environments, what works for them probably wont work here.

On the other hand, Ravana Quest and Panoption Quest, both of which have been going on for a while and are both disgustingly well written, don't try to restrict stunts and shit to only a few lines because turns out if you want to use things like "interesting details" or "actual description" you need more than 50 words to be allowed to actually do anything more than a one-liner and maybe some minor descriptions .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back