• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

The Dark Prince spends all the XP and gets ALL the specialties... every one of them ever. He's the next Victor!
What's a good socialize specialty for Theo? Is there a Presence specialty better than befriending seduction?

We'll simply take over the Gesellschaft over the phone.
That's what a Solar would do. Theo will just wait for their corruption and evil to consume them and pick up the tasty pieces at a bargain price.

We're a second edition Exalted.
That's not strictly an advantage. Just look at the 3E Solar Lore charm tree and weep.

So I was going to tally and close the votes tonight then right the next snip but RL friends wanna hang out. So vote will be open until tomorrow night.

You will have time for five major social interactions with various groups with enough time left over for seven minor social interactions.

A major interaction is a full on conversation that would last some time but less than an hour. This would be something like discussing the merits of the death penalty, same-sex marriage, the gang situation of BB, actual wooing of women, etc type convos. Probably last fifteen or more minutes.

A minor interaction is a few minutes and largely small talk, light flirting, or gossip, though major points, rumors, and the like can be dropped.

A heads up so you can talk plans for the night.

Second edition exalts are leagues better at getting minions. I can't find the relevant lore charms sadly, so I could be wrong.
That's because 2e Solar Lore charms are focused on buffing minions, not acquiring them - see HAM/LSC/TEP, WST/WCT, Immanent Solar Glory, and the Essence-Lending Method branch.

Minion-acquiring charms are generally found in Presence, Performance, Linguistics, Socialize, and Bureaucracy. Also, every single Yozi tree because they're even better at it.

Social combat in E3 was vastly nerfed. You need points of influence and realistic motivations for people becoming your minions instead of "Behold my Glory! Serving me is your rightful place!" While talking about the weather.

3E buffed a lot of the non-combat (normal or social) skillsets so that they are still somewhat relevant in games not focused around them. 2E lore basically was for making high quality mundane minions and good for little else (except hacking on modern) in 3E it also does awesome by analysis and superhuman planning via prophesies, which makes lore one of the most powerful strategic level skills. Similarly Larceny in 2E was basically being better at pickpocketing, picking locks and disguises and the first two should really not need charms in 99% of situations as an excellency should be enough. In 3E it has you lowering target numbers by stealing good luck from fate for any kind of roll once a scene (or was it day?).

Twilights are a far more impressive caste now than before.

Last edited:
2014%20Elegant%20White%20Short%20Gold%20Sequin%20Prom%20Dress.jpg
Maybe something like this for GG, little more gold? Add a tiara and I get a Greek City-state chiton type vibe.

c545300e2c380b5612af7ec231667128.jpg
Reverse the colors for Laserdream? She is white with red/magenta gradients isn't she? With a red headband.

5edb374eca0a1ab89db976e06ffe5d89.jpg
For Prism. She's from New York so maybe it's a reference to Legend's rainbow of awesome. Or that's what she plays it off as. But light through prisms make rainbows.

Finding a conservative dress for Amy is taking a hot minute.

hot-lace-shawls-poncho-overlay-for-wedding.jpg
Something like this for Amy but reverse the colors.

emerald-green-bubble-beaded-sweetheart-prom.jpg
or
fashionable-prom-dresses-wd4-093-3.jpg
For Emma. Personally I think Emma would go for the first, but Alan might actually approve of the second in a non-shoot party.

Red-One-Shoulder-Dress-1.jpg
What Nessa and Jessica are wearing, but Nessa's right shoulder has the strap, while Jessica's in on her left.

1175514_185066.jpg
Ophelia/Othala's little black dress.

images
And Ophelia has something like that for a hairstyle to cover her eyepatch.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what sound that's supposed to be. Every time I read it I imagine a wolf howling at the moon, but I get the impression you are trying to get a cuter/more whimsical sound Mr.Tanuki.

Since it would be rude to make a post that's wholly off topic I may as well voice a concern that's been bothering me. If we ever want to get more intimate with Lisa, how are we going to block off her powers? I doubt being constantly told she is making out with a corpse is a turn on.

[] Socialize target:Thomas Calvert, PRT consultant from Fortress Construction

i know he's Coil,but to Theo he's the odd man at this party,he's a businessman but still with the PRT.One day Theo's going to inherit the throne and he has to develop a relationship that could benefit both in the future.this is called Social networking,this party is a mix of business and pleasure.

If we ever want to get more intimate with Lisa, how are we going to block off her powers?

Unseen Wisp Method. Needs Whispers 1, but shoves TDP outside fate and gives Lisa's power an error message to the equivalent of white noise(madness of the Neverborn, something neither she nor her power can understand), that she might be able to ignore. Or it would cause massive thinker headaches.

You could also use charms to make her a necrophiliac. Like Irresistible Succubus Style.

Unseen Wisp Method. Needs Whispers 1, but shoves TDP outside fate and gives Lisa's power an error message to the equivalent of white noise(madness of the Neverborn, something neither she nor her power can understand), that she might be able to ignore. Or it would cause massive thinker headaches
You know, considering the dozen or so precogs and other Thinkers out there we may have to tangle with in the future I would have thought getting a charm like this would be more urgent.
You could also use charms to make her a necrophiliac. Like Irresistible Succubus Style.
I was using the corpse thing as an example. I am under the impression that Lisa's powers cause her to be asexual because any time she lowers her mental barriers she is overloaded with info.

Personally, I wouldn't have thought that her power, bullshit as it is, could infer that Theo ACTUALLY died. But that people thought he had died or came this close to death... which is true, Abyssals are on the edge of death, but don't actually die. :3

It's ironic that the guys tasked to kill everything forever are actually immortal.
Primordials are known for getting phenomenally potent results, just not for getting the results they had intend to get.

Being dead does not seem to help them in this regard.

(Or any other regard, really.)

Social combat in E3 was vastly nerfed. You need points of influence and realistic motivations for people becoming your minions instead of "Behold my Glory! Serving me is your rightful place!" While talking about the weather.
Most social charms have been weakened, but by no means all of them. Then there is Worshipful Lackey Acquisition, the apex of Solar enslavement befriending. No longer can it can it be spammed at will. Instead it automatically and freely activates(no longer Obviously) whenever the Solar achieves a goal through performance. Any enemy who witnesses this wonder must roll (Wits + Integrity - Solar's essence) dice. Against a truly entrancing Solar, they must achieve 7 (the Solar's Appearance) successes to resist. This is essentially impossible for even the most iron-willed mortal, rare for a Dragon-Blooded, and only slightly more likely than not for the most hardened Solar who resists with all his considerable might.

If they fail, they become the Solar's groveling minions for the next several days. They may NOT spend willpower to resist this effect. If the Solar treats them very well they may, at the ST's discretion, become true allies.

So if TDP kills Behemoth, everyone there will spend the next week or so ensuring that he is very happy. Some of them might even decide to join the winning team. Some call this horrible mindrape. I call it simple common sense.

Meet Rachel Goldstein
I'm just going to remind you that you had previously made a decision to NOT try creative things tonight, since you were feeling angry and salty.

This girl sounds like a 2D cardboard stereotype, and that's not the sort of OC which helps a story.

It's ironic that the guys tasked to kill everything forever are actually immortal.
Solar exalted living an incredibly long time almost destroyed creation. I imagine the neverborn expect something similar to happen if the Abyssals live long enough and they don't want them keeling over of old age before they reach the same levels of age, power and crazy.

. If we ever want to get more intimate with Lisa, how are we going to block off her powers?
That depends on exactly what you think her problem is. It's not at all well-defined. Was she exaggerating to get out of an extremely awkward situation? She clearly doesn't lack desire. It might simply be a matter of time and comfort. Or it could be a more fundamental problem with control of her power, one that is nearly insolvable.

It's possible an appropriate consensually imposed magical-enhanced intimacy would work, if the problem is on the minor side. Training charms might work, if Abyssals had any. The most promising easy option is to use Poisoning the Will (consensually) to hypnotize the problem away by giving her better control or making her avoid the troublesome thoughts.

For the nuclear option, an Abyssal mirror of Golden Courtier Misdirection will almost certainly work. It provides a perfect defense against any attempts to read body language or intentions. There's no information to be too much. If that doesn't work, you'll need to rewrite the cruel laws of reality that prevent shipping Lisa. Or just get some kind of power nullifier or something.

Last edited:
I have a question regarding the Aryan status thingie. IIRC, during WWII, the Nazis have seen the . . . ah . . . way which the Japanese fight for their emperor and country, and have given them the Honorary Aryan status. My question here is whether the E88 and Geselschaft (sp?) still abide by that ruling?

If so, due to Lung being a Japanese (well, Japanese-Chinese, but details), that means Lung is an honorary Aryan. Does that mean that if we, as in TDP, try to turn ABB into an ally and all, it will be accepted among the Neo-Nazis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back