• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 5
"Rias!"

The called person looks behind her. Sona Sitri, her childhood friend and Student Council President, is running towards her position with half her peerage following. All of them are completely disheveled.

"Sona? What's happening?" She asks.

"The barrier to make normal students ignore magical events! Is falling down and we don't know why! Tsubaki and the others are doing their best to keep it up, but I fear-"

Then her gaze falls on what is happening behind Rias.

"WHY IS THERE A DRAGON THERE FIGHTING RAISER PHENEX?!?!?"

In all the years she knew Sona, Rias never suspected her childhood friend was capable of such a shrill volume of voice.

"We don't know why-" Kiba speaks up, hoping to be helpful. "When we got there we found Ise-kun and Phenex-sama already fighting-"

"Ise?" Sona glares with a haunted expression at the sixteen meters tall golden dragon looming over the battlefield. "As Hyodo Issei?"

"Hyodo?" The only male of the group, a certain Genshirou Saji, points at the red dragon. "Are you telling me that is Hyodo?!"

"Yes. And he's kicking the Phenex brat's ass quite effortlessly." Kala passes a hand through her hair. "Not that I care, but if you like living you should watch what you say in front of him. Especially if you're threating his friends."

Saji gulps.

----
[X] Smuthunter's plan

[In spite of everything he still has the temerity to attack a dragon with fire.] Ddraig comments idly. [I'll give him this much, he's as stubborn as any dragon.]

'I'll give him a lot more than that. Some scars to take home, just for starters.

[I doubt he can scar.]

'That never stopped me before.'

As Raiser closes the distance and your dissection of his power rolls through your head you suddenly recall a trick you spent several hours practicing the day before. You dig your feet into the ground and shift your center of balance to withstand a great force from the front. One hand comes up, clenches in a fist and suddenly Raiser's forward momentum dies as he starts grasping at the invisible stranglehold you have on his neck. You're pushed back a good two feet, but you resist. A phantasmagorical dragon's head appears from an instant around your arm, letting out a low grow before vanishing.

"This is for my friends, you gutter trash."

You start squeezing. Raiser gargles something unintelligible, hate burning in his eyes as his face starts to turn blue. Then you turn in a graceful spin, Raiser's body following on the extension of your arm, and contemptuously fling him into the ground.
----
"Force Choke?! Is he a Sith Lord too?!?"
----

"W-What is...this...?" Raiser shakily stands up, his regeneration becoming slower and slower. You don't know how your Holy attacks compare to Holy items from the Church, but they are without a doubt effective. "What is...happening?!"

"You're losing Raiser Phenex, that's what is happening." You stand up to your full height, your tail balancing the weight of your wings. "If you had taken the battle seriously from the start, maybe the result right now would have been different. You're strong, but you're too confident."

Strange: just a few seconds above you were all trash-talking, but now, seeing him so weak and beaten, you feel your mind clearing up. 'Ddraig: is the transformation affecting my thoughts?'

[A little partner. Red dragons are famous for being temperamental. Your body is telling your mind to act in a certain manner. To prevent it, I suggest meditation.]

'Alright. Later.'

"...Me...losing..?" Raiser starts chuckling, before throwing his head up and scream: "DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!"

Fire and Wind start gathering and collecting around his frame, soon forming a miniature tornado.

Your eyes widen.

BOOOM!!

The area around you explodes in a storm of howling wind and searing fire, reducing everything to ashes.

You shoot out of the impact's radius a second later, your wings flapping with all the force you can muster. You channel Essence to heal your wounds, but even after using Durability of Oak Meditation you have some nasty burns and slashes.
Health:
-0 [X]
-1 [X] [X]
-2 [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Dying [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
'A suicide move?'

[Nope. Just a normal attack. However, I don't think it was supposed to be used so close to the user.]

Raiser flies in the air, his hands already gathering fire and wind again before shooting a ball of compressed energy at you. This time however you are prepared and dodge with the minimal movement needed, each movement bringing you outside the attack's range.

"Why?" Raiser screams as he keeps attacking. "Why are you getting in my way, between me and my engagement with Rias? Do you even know what you are doing!? This engagement is important and necessary for the future of Devils! It's not something a brat like you can butt into!"

"Oh?" You raise an eyebrow. "Do tell. I don't really care what you think I can butt into or not, but explain to me why this engagement is 'important and necessary for the future of Devils'."

He stops and points a finger at you.

"We Devils lost a great number of pure-blood members in the last war. Even if the war has ended, our rivalry with the Fallen Angels and God hasn't ended yet. It's not rare for the successors of pure-blood Devils to get killed in the worthless battle against them, which leads to the household becoming extinct. So for a pure-blood Devil that are also happens to be a High-class Devil, getting together would be the obvious solution for the forces of Devils. A pure-blood High-class Devil. These children will be important from now on."

"Why?"

"The newly produced Devils—. The ones like Rias' servants, the reincarnated Devils, are expanding in terms of strength but that would make us, the High-class Devils with old history background, lose our place. There are old nobles who gets close to the reincarnated Devils because they are very powerful. Well, that might be alright. The newly produced Devils are also important for our future. But we can't allow the pure-blood Devils to go extinct right? Me and Rias were chosen in order to prevent the pure-bloods from going extinct. My house is safe because I have my older brothers. But there are only two siblings in Rias' house. And his brother is someone who left the house. Only Rias can inherit the House of Gremory. If she don't take a husband, the House of Gremory will go extinct in this generation. You bastard, are you trying to crush the household that has been continuing for a very long time? Because of the past war, there is not even half the number of Devils who were referred as "72 pillars". This marriage has the future of the Devils on the line!"

Everything he said, you knew it already.

But that's not the only reason why—

You know he's spewing utter bullshit.

[] Write-in.
----
Boosted Gear:
Attack Overdrive: 45
Defense Overdrive: 44
Personal Essence: 17/17
Peripheral Essence: 33/42
----

Remember boys and girls: you, Issei, have an audience ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 6
There's no reason to think about it. You know the smell of bullshit when you hear it and Raiser is serving up a metric ton of it. Your anger explodes once more.

"That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard you grilled chicken shithead! Not five minutes ago you were telling me how much you wanted Rias, describing her as she was just a fucking brood mare! Don't talk to me about the glory of your houses when you just got done complaining that your fiancée is being too successful for you!"

You seethe in fury, but remembering Rias brings an errant thought to mind; this must be "that matter" that she wanted to handle by herself. You'll have to apologize later, you seem to be stealing one of her kills.

"Actually I take it back, you're not even fit to be called grilled chicken! You pretend to be upset about the loss of your bloodlines but then you turn around and tear down the ones who show the greatest promise, whether it's locking Rias away in a gilded cage or threatening to slaughter her peerage! Don't think I'll ever forgive you for treating their lives like something you can throw away when you don't want it anymore! That kind of two-faced cowardice is the behavior of a worm!"

Your eyes narrow.

"And for that matter, why is it important that Devils with "pure-blood" don't go extinct? Last I checked, any difference's in strength were minor, and disappeared after a few generations. No, wait, isn't it the other way? Afterall, those who have breed with humans have the ability to be born with Sacred Gears, and a far higher reproductive rate? What was it? 300 years per child for pure Devils, 30 years for half humans, 3 years for reincarnated humans-"

Suddenly, it all clicks. Why Raiser is like this, why this "important", and the way Devil society is.

You couldn't help it. You start laughing. "WAHAHAHAHA!"

Raiser look at you in disbelief, before his face transforms into a mask of rage.

"YOU DARE LAUGH AT THIS!?!" he screams, throwing a ball of fire at you.

Still chuckling you dodge the flame easily, before looking back at him, a smile etched on you face that would give the dead heart attacks.

"You're afraid."

"Wha-" Raiser begins, before you cut him off.

"That's why you place so much emphasis on blood purity. That's why you look down on others. You're afraid of change, and more importantly.." Your grin grows wider with this.

"Your afraid of losing your power."

Once more opening his mouth to speak, you once more interrupt.

"Oh, not you. Not specifically.

I'm talking about the nobility. The one's who will lose with the current paradigm.

Devil society under the original Maou's emphasized strength, blood purity and social rank, didn't it?

And under that paradigm, you thrived. Despite the loses you suffered in the war, your power in society was secure. Never needing to train, never needing to worry about those beneath you, assured of your own superiority.

Yet now, things are different. Devils outside of you, born from other races, or from mixed blood, now threaten your hegemony. Society is changing, yet you cling to the past, afraid of letting go and becoming unimportant, rather then embracing the changes and working to show that you are indeed worthy of such status.

In the 18th century, Europe underwent the same thing, you know? The transition from feudalism to democracy was a long and bumpy path, with the old families unwilling to let go of their power. And that's same process is now occurring amongst the Devils. And that frightens you more then anything."

"Because your ego's can't accept being anything less then all-important."

Raiser's mouth moves, but no sound comes out of it.

"The truth, presented as to be undeniable, hurts, isn't it? I know, I felt the same when my misconceptions were shattered by the cruelty of this world. Yet I survived. I was reforged. And with that, I became stronger. It's a curse, but also a blessing.

Take this message back to your allies Raiser Phenex, to all the pure-blood that will deign to listen to your words: those who trample on the rights and happiness of others will find themselves judged by the Unconquered Sun, and no amount of blood purity will save those found guilty. That's a promise."

You fold your wings against your back and your arms against your chest.

"Now get out of my sight. I've wasted enough time and energy dealing with you."

"...Worm?" Raiser whispers, his teeth gritting against each other.

"...Worm!?" He barks.

A few teeth shatter.

"NOT FROM YOU! NEVER FROM YOU!!" He bellows, arms raised to the sky as an incredible amount of demoniac energy flows out of him. "DON'T YOU DARE CALLING ME A WORM!!!!"

Fire and Wind gather above him, forming a gigantic sphere.

Then the sphere starts shrinking.

----

"That's-!" Ravel shouts horrified, her hands over her mouth. "Ruval-niisama's-!"

"Execution Rebirth..." Yubelluna whispers in terrified awe.

"Execution Rebirth?" Rias repeats, not linking the sound of it at all. "What is that? Ravel! Answer me!"

"It's..." She begins slowly. "Ruval-niisama's ultimate spell. It can kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, but it was banned from the Rating Games because it killed the target too fast for the removal spell to act!"

For a second, Rias' heart stops.

"Ruval-sama showed it to Raiser-sama only once...I didn't know he managed to learn it." She gasps. "If it's like Ruval-sama, the detonation will incinerate the entire area!"

Beowulf's eyes narrow.

Maybe he will be forced to interfere for real...

----

[This...For a grilled chicken on his last leg this is impressive. Partner, don't let that hit you: only ashes will remain at the end!]

'So, this is his last attempt?'

{Yes. Prepare to dodge after he fires, and be ready to use Adama-}

'Sorry.' Your maw open, golden light gathering into a single point. 'Can't do that.'

Raiser finishes compressing the sphere between his hands. His arms are trembling from the effort, but his gaze never wavered the entire time.

That's the look of someone who is betting everything on a last hope.

It would be disrespectful to those feelings to run away. So, in deference to them, and not him...

You will meet his determination head-on.

[Partner?!"]

{Worm! I order you to-}

You drown their voices down, your entire being focused into pumping as much Essence as you can into your first, and favored technique.

"VANIIIISSSSHHHH!!" Raiser fires his attack, the sphere of searing white plasma shooting through the air towards you.

You open your maw.

"HOLY DRAGON SHOT!!!"

A beam of pure, blinding golden light flies towards the enemy's attack, the air screaming at its passage.

The two meet.

FHWAAAAAASSSSHHH!!

Like in an anime the two attacks clash mid-way, the backslash reducing everything around them into cinder.

For a few seconds they stand still. Then, slowly but inexorably Raiser's attack starts to overpower yours.

'More.' You think as you pump more Essence into the Dragon Wave.

[Stop it Partner! You're going to hurt yourself!]

'More!'

{Great Maker protects us all! Why are you muscle-headed idiots all the same?! Dodge you idiot!!}

Continuing like this...you will lose.

...Lose? You?

Never!

'I NEED MORE POWER!!!'

Boosted Gear starts glowing gold, red and green.

[Evolution! Boost!]

Golden lens appear below both of your wrists.

Dragon Wave doubles in size and swallows the sphere of plasma.

KABOOOOOOM!!!!

----

As the screen of fire and smoke finally lower you stare at the exhausted figure of Raiser Phenex.

He stares back at you and at your body covered in burns.

"I..." He croaks out.

"Lost." Your fist comes up and hits his chin at a distance of nine meters. "That was a great move. Come back when you're stronger and I will give you a rematch."

He falls on the ground. He doesn't stand up after that.

[What you did was very stupid partner.] Ddraig admonishes you.

'...Would you have done otherwise?' You reply, feeling fatigue finally starting to get the best of you.

[...Probably not.] He ruefully chuckles. [You should have been born a dragon partner.]

'Maybe in another life. Bright?'

[Making sure her sword's edge is keen enough. I don't think you will get away with this lightly.]

You gulp. Damn, maybe having someone to beat the stupidity out of your skull isn't so great as you thought.

You slowly walk towards the prone form of Raiser, determined to at least bring him back to the club's room.

Then someone gets in your way. A young girl with dark blue eyes and long blonde hair tied in twin ponytails with large, drill-like curls, blue ribbons keeping them in place. On a second glance she looks a lot like Raiser.

The girl puts herself between you and Raiser and spreads her arms. She's visibly trembling, but the eyes that stare back at you show only pure determination.

"..Who are you?"

"I'm Ravel Phenex, of the noble house of Phenex!" She says as if giving herself courage. "I will not let you hurt my brother anymore!"

Ah, she's Raiser's sister. What she is doing here you don't know, but it doesn't matter.

"You're Raiser's sister." You tilt your head before nodding. "Good. Siblings should watch out for each other. Maybe there is hope yet."

"Eh?" She blinks in confusion.

"Take your brother and go home Ravel Phenex." God, you feel so tired. "He should have learn his lesson, but be sure to bring him back to the right path if he strays. Tell him this: his pride is lost, but not forever. It's now up to him to forge it anew, and make it last."

Dragon Energy recedes into Boosted Gear. Your form shrinks, until you're back to being human.

Uhm, it may be the fatigue talking but you feel breezy.

And why is Ravel Phenex blushing like a ripe tomato as she stares at you?

You look down.

'...Note to self: becoming a three meters tall dragon causes my clothes to shred. That, or it was the fire.'

You turn to your right, and see the Occult Research Club, Beowulf, a woman you don't know and part of the Student Council staring at the scene from a distance.

Your lips turn into a half-grin. "Well, this is embarrassing."

And then darkness claims you.

----

Phoenix From The Underworld Arc: Complete.

+4 Xp for defeating Raiser Phenex
+3 Xp for [SECRET!]
+5 Xp for completing the quest

----
Boosted Gear received an upgrade born from desire!

Solar Lens

Add two motes to Boosted Gear's normal attunement cost.

Rather than serving as energy weapons in their own right, these versatile crystal artifacts were created to enhance energy-based Charm attacks. Only one lens can enhance the same activation of a Charm. In order for a Charm to qualify as a valid target for enhancement, it must fit one of two criteria. The first category includes all Charms that cause direct damage using projected energy. Such Charms double their base damage under the influence of the lens. (Therefore, a blast costing one mote per 2L, for which the lens-equipped Exalt spent three motes, would inflict a base damage of 12L, plus attack successes.) The second category includes all Charms that create a non-permanent weapon directly out of energy. For these Charms, the conjured weapon's Damage modifier is doubled while wielded by its creator. (Therefore, a flaming sword with a normal Damage modifier of +4L would add 8L to its lens-equipped owner's Strength to determine base damage.)

The Solar lens of Boosted Gear can enhance any Charm that use Holy energy.
----
When you wake up, you are surprised to feel both freezing cold and searing heat.

Cold from the ice below you.

Heat from the sun in the pristine azure sky. Somehow, the aster looks more real than what you remember.

Curious, that.

The colossal mass of Ddraig lands a few meters from you. "Awake at least? You took your sweet time.

"Morning Ddraig." You sit up and look around, realizing you are in the middle of a seemly endless glacier. "This is inside my mind, right? Where I am?"

"Do you like it?" Bright steps forward next to you, as if she appeared from thin air. "This is where I used to meditate to deepen my understanding of the world and its secrets."

"All alone?"

"For months, even years."

Badass. "I...am going to feel a lot of pain now?" Your voice doesn't tremble, no sir.

"I really need to discipline you." Bright's eyes narrow. "But we can make your deserved punishment useful at least." Cruel Wisdom appears in her hands. "You fainted from your injuries. Your body is already being taken care of, so there is no danger of dying. Until you wake up, and I can keep you asleep as long as I want, I will make you practice until you grasp properly the Charms you learned during the battle. Maybe I will also add something else you can learn."

You gulp.

"So you don't need me. Ohy, where is the nearest forest?" Ddraig asks.

Bright points to the south. "30 days in that direction."

"Sweet!" The red dragon jumps into the air and takes off.

Traitor.

You have: 18 Xp. Do you want to spend them for something?
[] Write-in.
----

Smut's Stunt won, but BFldyq said what I had in mind too so I decided to add part of it.

Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 7
Four Months Later

With a well practiced flourish Bright completes the final letter of the document. Keeping it a an optimal distance from her eyes she inspects her handiwork and nods in approval.

20 tons of dragon lands next to her, the wind shaking her hair but not the document. "Had fun?" She asks.

"You betcha!" Ddraig gloats, a necklace of flowers bigger than full-grown humans around his neck, a hat made from the skull of a lizard-like creature on his head and a cigar in his mouth that released blue smoke. "This place, Creation, is great! I fully support finding a way to the real one! Think you can use your Solar bullshit to give me back a material body?"

"I will see what I can do." Bright calmly puts the document inside a bag.

"So, where is the brat?" Ddraig scans the area. With his enhanced vision it doesn't take long for him to find the figure of Issei, diligently performing martial arts katas four kilometers away. "Martial arts again?"

"He is meditating to raise his Essence, and he found out he can clear his mind better while training. Honestly." She huffs, a hand over her cheek. "Even if it's not one of his Favored Abilities, he shows a remarkable dedication to it. At least, I suppose persevering in a field in which he has no talent may allow him to understand more about it than another person with talent."

"You call that no talent?" Ddraig sounds skeptical. "Maybe among your Exalt dudes, but to the rest of the world that's so fast it's simply unreal. Anything else?"

"I imparted into his thick skull the importance of dodging-" Ddraig snickers hearing that. "Improved his skills with weapons, and train his frankly unimpressive mental skills."

"Mhm." He hums. "Are you going to keep this special training up for much longer?"

"Once he finishes this, I will let him wake up." She shifts her legs, the ice reflecting red flashes as her hair move. "Anymore would strain his soul too much."

----

"Aaah..." You release a frosty breath, your body shifting from kata to kata like water in a river. You're learned since a long time to ignore the cold biting at your half-naked flesh.

How long?

Doesn't matter.

You learned to ignore the need for food.

You learned to ignore the need to sleep.

You learned to ignore fatigue.

The only things in your mind nowadays...are your soul and your body.

Martial Arts are a good method to study both.

You eyes shot open, the irises glowing like miniature suns.

Your fist cleaves through the air.

And your Anima Banner burns around you brighter than ever as the Dragon within your roar.

----
Bright Hell Training's results:

Perception: +20 days
Total Perception: 0/30 days (1 Month completed!)

Intelligence: +16 days
Total Intelligence: Intelligence: 16/30 days (1 Month completed!)

Wits: +12 days
Total Wits: 22/30 days

Manipulation: +12 days
Total Manipulation: 12/30 days
Intelligence: OO -> OOO

Dodge: O -> OOO

Melee: O -> OO

Essence: OOO -> OOOO
Learned:

Reed in the Wind
Cost: —
Mins: Dodge 2, Essence 2
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None
Required for Charms: None

The Solar Exalted understand the humble wisdom of the reed and the willow. The greater the force directed against them, the more nimble they become to avoid harm. Whenever the Lawgiver uses his Dodge DV to avoid a physical attack, he adds a bonus equal to half the attacker's Essence, rounded up. This bonus counts as dice added by a Charm.
Issei created through perseverance:

Dragon Steals The Root Method
Cost: 10m, 1w
Min: Martial Arts 5, Essence 4
Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training, Heretical
Duration: One Week
Prerequisites: Any Form-Type Martial Arts Charm

Neither Solars nor Dragons take being told they can't do something well. Unlike mortal men, however, their response to this is invariably to prove the person spouting these lies wrong. This Charm is the culmination of that principle combined with Hyodo Issei's desire to guard and empower those he cares about. On a personal level this charm reduces the Xp cost for all Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms to 4x, or 5xp if Martial Arts is not a Caste or Favored Ability, and their training time is halved. Learning this charm excludes the Solar from learning the Charm Swallowing the Lotus Root.

As a Secondary ability this Charm works like Tiger Warrior Training Technique, except it requires both trainer and students, up to Magnitude 1, to share a positive intimacy of some sort. It allows training up to the Solar's own rank in that area (but not beyond the natural cap of the target) in any of the following: Martial Arts, Melee, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Terrestrial Martial Arts Charms and any Excellency's that can be learned by the student.
----

You slowly open your eyes, feeling sensations from your (real) body coming back to you as if you didn't experience them for centuries. You aren't in pain, and nothing feel wrong or out of place. Good.

The ceiling is unfamiliar, but from the sensation of the sheets over your body you deduce you're in a bed

"Ooh? You're finally awake? How lucky it happened right now." A cheerful voice says.

Your turn your head to look at the speaker.

nz53pz.png

The first thing that you notice, is how he can pass for the male, and older, clone of Rias.

The second is the tremendous feeling of power concealed behind a friendly disposition, telling you to pissing him off in any way will be a horrible, horrible idea.

"How are you feeling? You were asleep for five days. Azazel said physically you're fine, but that it was like you were having a dream from which you couldn't wake up."

An appropriate description. "I'm good." You reply after testing the response of your muscles. "You're Maou Sirzechs Lucifer, Rias' brother right?"

"Oh?" An intrigued light appears in his eyes. "What gave me away?"

"Your resemblance to Rias." A pause. "And the fact the robes you're wearing can only be worn by the one who hold the name of [Lucifer]. A practice started by the Original Lucifer since the founding of Hell's Reign."

Sirzechs' smile widens. "Very, very good. I'm pleased at your knowledge, even if a human knowing such obscure details of Hell's history is a little odd. That's fine however. You're interesting as the rumors say, Hyodo Issei."

You nod and sit up. "A pleasure to meet you." You look around, noticing for the first time the room you're in is bare of pretty much anything beside a locker. "Where I am, and in how much trouble I am?"

"You're in a local hospital, that is by the way one of my family's proprieties." He chuckles. "And for troubles, do you mean your defeat of Raiser Phenex?"

"This is at the top of the list, beside starting a supernatural fight near the school and setting most of the surroundings on fire." You shrug. "I'm not sorry, but I am ready to face the consequences."

He nods in approval. "Indeed. Assault at the scion of an influential family like the Phenex can be considered a grave offense."

His smile turns devilishly. "It just so happened that two interesting items fell into my hands after the incident. The first is a magical recording of the fight made by my Pawn Beowulf, completed of audio."

He seeks inside his robes. "The second, is something that your familiar, how did you manage to contract a Yatagarasu anyway, gave to Rias after the battle."

What he takes out...is an old-style recorder.

He press the "Start" button.

"CLICK-I will take Rias back to the underworld, even if I have to burn you and all of her servants!"

"You're joking, right? No matter how you spin it, that's murder. Do you really think there will be no consequences if you kill the entire peerage of another High-class Devil?"

"She will not need them anyway. Her role will be to be my docile and devoted wife. There is no need for her to fight. Me and my Peerage will fight in the Rating Games and bring glory to the house of Phenex-CLICK"

He stops the recording.

You stare at the object with wide eyes. "My familiar is, pardon the pun, a devil." Where she even found a recorder?

"Pun pardoned. Women are scary, and dedicated women even more. I know." He chuckles. "After hearing it, my father was most displeased at the young Phenex's attitude. He agreed to the marriage as a favor to the head of the Phenex house, an old friend, but for a Gremory family is more important than friendship. The Phenex patriarch apologized too. As a result, the whole marriage business was cancelled."

"That's great, but I promised to Rias that I would leave it to her. Not that I knew what it was at the time." You groan. "I will need to apologize."

"I'm sure she will find a way." He tosses the recorder in the air and catches it again. "There was only a minor incident."

"What?"

He grins. "Somehow, the recording of the battle found its way on the Underworld's equivalent of Earth's Internet. Not even a hour later, it went viral."

Both your eyebrows start twitching. "And I am sure there are plenty of witnesses ready to swear you were doing something completely unrelated when it happened?"

"All of tested and proved honesty."

"You're a magnificent Devil."

"Why, thank you!" His smile is completely innocent.

You scratch your head. "So...it really went viral?"

"Oh yes. Not only it was viewed more than most of the more famous recent Rating Games, but your speech about the way Devil Society is changing has a great success among many Low Class, Middle Class and Reincarnated Devils that experienced discrimination from the Pure-blood Families. You had become a hero for them: they call you the [Solar Dragon Emperor]."
"Seem like I will really become the Taiyoryuutei instead of the Sekiryuutei." You smile before grimacing. "While on the other hand the Pure-blood families want my head?"

"Mmh, yes, I suppose they do." He grins. "When they're not busy shitting their panties."

"Eh?"

"Come on, what did you expect?" He laughs. "You, who hold the soul of Ddraig, transformed into a Dragon! There are even theories that the human Hyodo Issei is in truth Ddraig himself, who escaped from the Sacred Gear and took the guise of a human. Pretty much all the survivors of the Great War are scared shitless of the Heavenly Dragons. Their anger at you is nothing compared to their fear of having a full-powered Heavenly Dragon knocking at their doors."

"That's ridiculous." You shake your head. "It will take a lot of time before I am even half that strong. Wait, are you saying I did all that, and I am getting off scot-free?"

Sirzechs grimaces. "Not exactly: Sona Sitri suspended you for a month. The official reason is that you had a fight in the school premise with delinquents from another school. The real reason...includes the word [idiot] repeated quite a lot of times."

'Aww, crap.' "I deserved that. At least now I have all the time I need to take the History Compilation Committee's requests."

"In that case, you will happy to know Azazel will be busy for a while because of complications back home. So he's letting you free."

"Good." You then realize something. "Okay, maybe I should have asked at the beginning, but why are you here in my room? I expected to find Mittelt, or Asia, or Eiko, or...you got the idea."

A playful light appears in his eyes. "And they were there: along with Rias, Akeno and Koneko, they all waited at your bedside for you to wake up. It took a lot to convince them to sleep in a real bed. Today I just came to check you, and lucky me you woke up while I was there." He smiles.

"Rias has told me a lot about you." Sirzechs says conversationally. "She has written many letters to me regarding the extraordinary human that came into her life and turned it upside down." He tilts his head. "Why, hearing about what you are capable of one has to wonder if you are even human at all."

You frown slightly. Sirzechs seems to know what you are thinking and smiles. "She didn't tell me anything, if that is what you're thinking. But there were hints in her letters about how you have a secret, a big one. Call me curious."

You ponder about the best way to answer it. "Tell me something: were you the one that made my training with Azazel possible? And did you make so I will not receive retaliations for defeating Raiser and cancelling the marriage?"

He nods two times.

You sigh. "Then I suppose it's only fair I repair my debt."

You tell him the exact story you told Rias and her peerage after saving Asia. At the end he is looking at you with wonder and what feel almost awe.

"You're not joking." He grins. "There have always been theories about the possibility of other dimensions beside Earth, Heaven and the Underworld. During the Great War, there were even stories about a monster that came from beyond the Dimensional Gap and attacked Heaven, but no proofs were even found."

"The same in Creation. The only thing beyond the borders of the world was the Wyld, and the only beings living there where intelligent masses of energy that wanted to destroy anything with a fixed form."

"Rias was right, this secret is definitely big." His eyes twinkle. "Who would have thought, that a human blessed with a Longinus would also received an ability of equal if not superior power from the god of another world. Does this make you the equivalent of a Saint?"

"Uhm, nope. If anything, this make me similar to a member of a peerage." You retort back.

"Eh?" He looks confused.

"You compared the Unconquered Sun with the God from the Bible, right? That's actually wrong: Ignis Divine didn't build Creation, the Primordials did it. Among the gods created by the Primordials, he was the final creation of Theion, their King, a being conceived to incarnate light, glory and perfection. More of less like Lucifer is described in the Bible before his fall." You tilt your head. "[The Light-bringer, the most perfect creation of God]. There is a reason the Sun is also called the Daystar. And like Lucifer, the Unconquered Sun planned a rebellion against his creators. The only differences, is that he was in the right and won at the end."

Sirzechs Lucifer stares at you.

Then he bursts out laughing.

"Ahahahaha! That-That's rich! This-Ahahaha!-is the best! Ahahaha!" He holds his sides. "The moment I think I understood you, you turn my preconceptions upside down. Ahahaha!"

"Yes, it happens quite often recently." You scratch your head in embarrassment.

"Ahah, ah...But it's not a bad thing." He finally calms down. "I won't lie: I expect a lot from you Hyodo Issei." He smiles. "And yet, you just opened up many more possibilities. I can't wait to see what you will become. Savior? Tyrant?"

You scoff. "Tyrants don't last long. I want to live a long life, thank you very much. I may be a little selfish, but I know where to draw the line."

He nods in approval. "Then I hope you will never lose your way. Well, I think it's time I inform the others you're awake." He stands up. "Oh, I almost forgot."

He hands you a bank check. "This is from Azazel, as a reward for your efforts."

"You mean, he was serious when he said he would pay me?!"

"Azazel rarely lies." He tilts his head. "Much."

As he leaves the room you look at the check.

Your eyes bulge out of your skull.

50'000'000 yen!?!?!

[] Write-in.
----

This post was meant to be longer.

But I'm tired, so I divided it into two.

Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 8
Smuthunter said:
Put the knacks on hold. We have plenty of them already and way too many Solar charms to ever run out of things to buy.
Good point. It's hard to surpass Solar Charms anyway.
----

50'000'000 Yen.

Azazel gave you 50 million Yen. In exchange to a super harsh training and being a glorified guinea pig.

Just how rich is the guy anyway?!

50 million Yen!

"I'M FUCKING RICH!" You yell to the Heavens, the light and shadows creating a curious mirage on your eyes, where your pupils assume a "¥" shape.

[What was that?] Ddraig asks. [Who's rich?]

'I'm rich!' You stare with a crazed smile at the bank check. 'Azazel gave me a shitload of money!'

[As...they're a lot? Like, King-like rich?]

'Close I think. I mean, even the most paid workers in Japan need years to earn a sum like this.'

[...Do you know what this mean?]

You grin. 'Yes! A-'

[Pool full of golden coins!]

Your grin falls.

[And rubies too! Definitely has to be rubies, to compliment the scales...]

You turn off the dragon's voice. Seriously, dragons and their hoard-like habits...

The door slams open. A yellow and black blur jumps at you.

"Isseeeei-samaaaaa! You're baaack!" Mittelt cries as she hugs you tightly enough to pulverize bones. Normal human's bones anyway.

"Eiko welcome Master back." Your familiar hides her lower face with her fan. "Did Master have pleasant dreams?"

"I-I'm glad you're awake Ise." Asia grabs your sleeve and doesn't let go.

"Ara ara. Fufufu." Akeno giggles. "You made us worry, you know? What a cruel man you are."

"...Don't do that again." Koneko's voice sounds more emotional than normal.

"I'm glad you woke up." Kiba's face is refreshing as always. "I would have missed our occasional spars."

"I knew sempai wouldn't go out just like that!" Ruby cheers.

"So, I heard you fought a Phoenix. Was it hot?" Yang grins and playfully hits your shoulder.

"Guys..." You can't help but feel your eyes watering.

"Aand, peaceful days has come to an end." Dohna assumes a mock pose.

"Who did you think cleaned your mess? Next time give us a hand instead of napping without a care in the world." Kala snorts.

"...Is mister Bad Dragon going to eat me?" Yuuma asks from behind Akeno.

"Guys." You give them a deadpan glare.

Then at once the crowd splits, and the person you were dreading encountering most steps forward.

Rias has a light scowl on her face, arms crossed under her breasts as she looks down at you in disapproval. Everyone hold their breath.

Moving Mittel's position you bow as low as you can. "I don't think 'sorry' will suffice."

"No, it will not." Rias says with a even tone. "It is, however, a good starting point."

Welp, she's mad. "Sorry." You don't look up.

Bop

Rias hits you with the edge of her hand. Then she sighs. "Honestly..." She hugs your head, pressing her boobs on your forehead. "Making us worry like this. Think about our feelings."

It takes all your self-control to resist falling back to your old perverted habits. Akeno's bigger, but God above Rias' boobs are just magnificent.

"Sorry." You repeat. "It's just...I started seeing red when he threatened you guys. After that, everything was the spur of the moment."

"That's so like you Ise, I can't stay mad at you." She releases you and smiles. And just like that, everything was worth it. "What took you so long anyway?"

"Uh." You wince. "Bright was...displeased with my choice of not dodging Raiser's final attack. She kept me in a dream to educate me on the importance of dodging."

"How?" Kiba asks.

"Do you know that joke saying 'if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball'?" You asks back with a hollow tone.

"Yes?" He looks confused.

"Replace 'wrench' with 'sword bigger than I am'."

Many wince. Dohna and Kala smirk.

Akeno just smiles wider. "Ara ara. You have quite the strict teacher Ise-kun. I'm so envious."

Envious of what?!

----

You talk with everyone for a while. It seems you didn't miss anything to important, beside an operation to modify the memories of many students: it seems the barrier finally broke near the end of your battle, and more than one students saw your Anima Banner. Now everyone think it was an experiment from the science club.

Sona is still mad at you and doesn't want to see you on school for the entire month. But that's understandable.

You didn't see Azazel, but he sent a message saying 'Good job. Thanks for the video'.

Eventually the girls left, until only you and Eiko remain.

"Eiko." You begin, coughing to clear your voice.

"Yes Master?" She asks with her usual mischievous tone.

"Your recording of mine and Raiser's conversation proved to be of the utmost importance. You did good."

"Eiko is grateful for Master's praise." She bows. "Eiko only strives to serve Master to the best of her capabilities."

"I just have two questions." You cross your arms over your chest. "First, how did you acquire a recorder?"

"It was a gift from a most graceful merchant." She beams. "Eiko explained it was to aid a most important figure, and he willingly agree."

Something smells suspicious. Still... "Okay. Second, you were near the club's room. Why didn't you interfere with the battle?"

Eiko looks puzzled. "Eiko concluded the Pretender Phoenix was an unworthy opponent for Master, and thus Master would have defeated him easily. Exactly what it happened."

Damn, you can't deny that. "Alright. In this case, I need some advice."

You hand to her the bank check. "I received this huge amount of money, but I don't know what to do with it beside putting it into a bank."

"Does Master want Eiko to take care of it?" She produces a case out of nowhere and puts the check inside. "Eiko showed remarkable ability when it comes to administer money during the Elders' lessons."

"That would be appreciated, yes. A source of income for the future...I definitely need one."

"Leave it to Eiko!" She raises her fist in the air. "Anything else?"

{Worm.}

'What is it?'

She explains to you. "Eiko? Find me a lot of paper sheets and a pencil, please."

Once you have the items you let Bright have a limited control over your physical body, letting her move it like a marionette. It's the same system that you used to teach the girls Martial Arts.

With a speed and precision not your own, your hands draw complicate shapes and lines on the sheet, too fast for you to understand them properly. After a few minutes Bright signs the last sheet and gives control back to you.

"Urgh." You massage your forehead. Letting her do it always left you with a headache. "Eiko. Remember that leyline node in the park I told you about?" She nods. You point at the sheets. "Those are the designs for something Bright want build on it. Start the project once you find the necessary workers."

"Eiko hears and obeys." She bows before starting to collect all the paper sheets in a ordinate pile.

"Good. Now leave please, I want to sleep a little." And get rid of your headache.

After leaving Issei's room, as Eiko walks down the corridor she takes a look at the first page.

"[Celestial Manse Project]? My my." She grins. "Master sure has interesting mentors."
----

Click here for the NSFW's content.

[] End of Part 1. Please wait for Part 2...

Omake - 9
There's something I heard about on a television show once, that when a person is faced with a dangerous situation they fall back on primal reactions that humans still share with most animals – the fight or flight response, it's called.

When Yuuma-chan and I arrive at the deserted park in the middle of the city I know immediately that something feels weird about it, like in those stories when the hero says "there aren't any birds or animals around, there must be a predator nearby!" As for myself, I thought it seemed dangerous too. A dark wooded park in the middle of the city, who knows what kinds of unsavory characters might be lurking around in the shadows just waiting to do unspeakable things to my new girlfriend!

They can try! Hyoudou Issei won't let anything threaten people he cares about!

"It sure was fun today."

Yuuma-chan smiles at me, standing in front of the big water fountain in the middle of the park.

Kuu! Damn, she's cute. And with the sun setting behind her the atmosphere is perfect too!

"Hey, Ise-kun."

"What is it, Yuuma-chan?"

"There is something I want to do to celebrate our first date. Can you listen to my wish?"

Oh yeah. It's here!

This is it! This must be it!

The smell of my breath! Checked! My mental preparedness! Hmm! My heart is beating so fast~!

"W-What is the w-wish you want?"

Aaaaagh. The tone of my voice is deep. She will find out that I'm thinking of something idiotic!

I made the dumbest mistake after coming this far……

But Yuuma-chan just smiles at me.

She then says it to me clearly.

"Will you die for me?"

"...eh?"

And the mood breaks in an instant. Yuuma-chan's words ring clearly in my ears; I couldn't possibly have misheard her. All of a sudden I'm extremely aware of the creepy mood in the park, and all my instincts scream an answer to a question I never thought to ask. She didn't mean that in a romantic way, like would I throw myself in front of a bullet for her!

Yandere!

Hyoudou Issei you fool! I can hear grandfather shouting at me from beyond the grave!

I am so engrossed in my own panic that what happens next barely phases me. Yuuma-chan's devilishly innocent smile becomes just plain devilish as a pair of angel wings burst from her back, only instead of real angel wings they're pitch black.

"It was fun. The short time I spent with you. It was like a play house with a little child."

Something appears in her hand with a buzzing sound like static on a radio. It's a spear of light, maybe a meter long or so, and in that instant I know that I am about to die.

...to hell with that! I'm still a virgin!

The spear of light thrusts forward, but I'm already moving myself. Hyoudou Issei does not have many things to be proud of, but in middle school I was on the track team for a while, and my reflexes have been honed by hundreds of hours of video games!

So as my ex-girlfriend thrusts the spear forward, I step forward into her!

She might be an angel-devil-yandere person but getting hit with a person's full weight will knock anybody around. Yuuma's spear goes flying past me as I shoulder-check her, and with a surprised squawk she goes flipping backwards into the fountain!

That's my chance!

I turn and run like hell itself is chasing after me while Yuuma flounders in the pool. My mind is racing with panic and desperation, and I ignore the open paths of the park to run into the cover of the trees, racing through the woods to put as much distance as I can between myself and the girl who just tried to murder me.

...but I hear wings flapping. Big wings, and they're gaining on me.

Stupid Issei! If you had taken the paths you could have been on the street by now! You could have gotten help!

"Issei~, where are you~?" Yuuma calls to me in a sickly-sweet voice. She has to know where I am, I'm making too much noise, snapping tree branches as I run past them. What I would give to be a ninja right now!

And then a spear hits the ground just ahead of me and I have to skid to a halt and turn to avoid it. A second later it explodes in an enormous burst of light, and I'm flung through the air, landing painfully against a tree.

Get up Issei! You've taken much worse than this from the girls at school! (Have I?)

Another spear lands beside me just as I'm getting up. I bolt forward like a professional sprinter and the explosion only throws me farther forward this time but now I know I'm out of options.

Yuuma... or whatever she is... can kill me whenever she likes. She's toying with me now, trying to force me out into the open so she can kill me in person. (How do I know this?)

Well fine then. One way or another I can't get to safety without going through her, so I'll give her what she wants and see if she can handle it! (Handle what?!)

I change my course and start racing for the edge of the woods. Spears rain down on me from time to time, but I keep running forward towards the light that shows the edge of a clearing.

Faster! I can still go faster! And if I'm just racing towards my death then I'll be sure to punch her in the face before she runs me through!

Power wells up in me. The branches that barred my progress before snap off as I brush up against them. My muscles don't burn like they did just a second ago, and my injuries don't hurt either. Like they just aren't there anymore.

I feel... more.

Right at the edge of the clearing, Yuuma lands with a spear in hand, turns towards me with cruel confidence in her eyes... but as if in a movie using slow motion special effects, I see confidence turn to confusion and then disbelieving horror.

Then I punch her in the face with all the force I can muster, with a massive hand armored in scales and edged in talons, and she goes flying across the clearing with a scream of pain.

I barely notice the terrible injury I've done to the girl I just spent the best day of my life with.

I have scales. I have talons. I'm glowing bright silver.

And there's one more thing; I have an irresistible urge to throw my head back and scream. So I do just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCiM8kSfb8I

[Glad to see you're finally awake, partner!]

LUNAR ISSEI -- FULL MOON -- DRAGON TOTEM

Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 9
"Aaah, I did it, uh?" You sigh, one hand resting over your closed eyes.

You feel Rias shifting in your embrace, her breasts fully resting on your chest. "Took my virginity?" She asks in a playful tone.

"That too." Your one-arm hug tightens. "Once, I joked with Yang that my desire to get a Harem would end with me lynched by an angry mob. And now that I have fallen in love with you, I don't think there will many people thrilled about our relationship."

"You don't need to worry." Her hand removes your own from your face, her slightly red face looking at you with outmost seriousness. The light of the moon makes her hair glitter, giving her an otherworldly appearance. "Oni-sama is a very mentally open person. As long as I am happy he will agree."

"I was thinking more about your parents."

She slightly winces. "Uuh...yes, I am afraid my father at least will have some reservations."

"And now you see why I'm worrying." You adopt a thought expression. "Counting the fact I am not a Devil, what kind of rank or accomplishments do you think I will need before he will be convinced to allow our marriage?"

"Well, I am not su-!" She stops, your words finally registering. "Marriage?"

"Yeah." You nod as if it was the most natural thing in the world. "The classical harem's structure, one main wife and many concubines, would imply I put grades on my affection, and that is absolutely not true. So I am going to marry you and all other girls, present and future."

Rias stares at you. "You're serious."

Then she giggles: slow at first, then faster until she's holding her side with one hand while the other playfully smack your shoulder. "Ahaha! Y-You're absolutely serious! Ahaha! Oh Ise, only you can say something so outrageous and mean every word of it."

You smile and kiss her forehead. "When it comes to my dream, I am nothing but completely and totally serious."

"Well, Tai-yo-ryuu-tei-san~!" She sing-songs as she traces her finger over your chest. "At a minimum, you will need to reach the level of a Heavenly Dragon-sama to get my father's consent."

"Oh?" You smirk before kissing her lips. "Then this means I am going to see you in a wedding dress before the year ends."

She giggles and kisses you back.

----

"You know Sirzechs, I am starting to suspect having a penchant for epic-level love stories run in your family."

"Ahahaha. I can't really deny that Azazel. Still, it wouldn't be a problem if Hyodo-kun were to acquire a High or Ultimate Class Devil status."

"A Devil status to a half human, half dragon? Not even Tannin managed to pull it out without becoming a Devil himself."

"Wanna bet that if I give Hyodo-kun the opportunity, he will manage to convince all the Heads of the Pillars?"

"...Nope, I don't bet when I know I will lose. And your tone tells me I will. Do you perhaps know something I don't?"

"Maybe~?"

"Please don't do that. It gives me the goosebumps."

----

"Loki-sama! Loki-sama! I found out Nidhogg's identity!"

"Good job Number 20! Tell me."

"Hai! I found a description matching Nidhogg's in a recent hospital report: his real name is Hyodo Issei, resident of..."

----

"Uhm.." You observe the Lightsaber you stole a few weeks ago from the exorcists. At the start you only need a flick of your wrist to activate the energy blade, but now it doesn't work anymore.

[It's probably out of juice. Fallen Angels can't directly bless someone like pure Angels, so instead they put some of their Light powers into exorcist weapons, so they can damage Devils and the like.]

'Out of juice, uh?' You think. 'Then, if I use my essence to recharge it..?'

[Worth a try I suppose.]

Nodding you try to attune the Lightsaber like you do with Boosted Gear.

Frizzle! FOOWWSH!

It worked! The saber is now golden, but that's an improvement.
Lightsaber: Speed 4, Accuracy +2, Damage +5L/2*, Defense +1, Rate 3, Attune 5. Tags: O
Aggravated Damage against Creatures of Darkness
----

"Asia! Where are you?" You raise your voice above the shopping center's noise.

"Ise-san! Over here!" You finally find Asia, waving at you in front of a police station, a grizzled cop standing next to her.

"Finally. We were all worried you know." You pat her head as she sniffs, trying to fight back the tears. You turn to the policeman. "Thanks for helping her. Asia is still new to Japan."

"T's my job." He replies before walking away. "Now, off with you. I have work to do, this mall doesn't protect himself."

"Thank you Mr.Policeman!" Asia waves at him. He just waves back without turning and disappear inside the station.

"Now Asia, did you buy the ingredients Mom asked?"

"Ah! In the panic I forgot!" She seems ready to cry again.

"Here, here." You hug her. "We will buy them now."

----

"A party? Nah, not my thing." Shougo replies. You and him are walking down the street side to side.

"If you say so. But at least accept the meal I will have delivered to you."

"Mh."

"Changing the topic,-" You put your hands in your pocket. "Did you get accustomed to your Essence?"

A smile appears on Shougo's face. But before he can say something your phone rings.

"Excuse me." You take it answer the call. "Yes?"

"Issei-sama!" Mittelt's voice. You hear a loud crash in the background.

"Mittelt? What's happening?!"

"I'm in a bit of trouble-!" Another crash. "Can you come here? I'm near the old pool."

You start running the moment she said the last word, dimly aware of Shougo following you.

In less than you minutes you arrive at your destination.

CRASH!

Just in time to see Mittelt's bursting out of wall. You jump up and grab her body. "Mittelt! Are you alright?!"

"Yeah." She cleans a trail of blood from her lips with the back of her left hand, the right one holding a Light Tetsubo. "They just got a lucky hit."

"They?"

Your questions is answered when three colossal figures walks through the hole in the wall, completely demolishing it. They...from the hunched posture they look like gorilla, but instead of flesh and fur their bodies are made of a mishmash of debris, broken wood and gravel. Instead of a face they have a smooth surface with two glowing red pits as eyes and a jagged crack where the mouth should be.

You let Mittelt down and narrow your eyes. "What are they?"

"Youkai, even if not of a species I have ever seen or heard." Mittelt replies. "I managed to kill one, but then three more showed up. I can handle a single one. Issei-sama, can you keep the other two busy until I come to help you?"

You nod. "Of course. Shougo, get to-" You turn to warn the blonde boy.

Just in time to see him slamming a fist into the front arm of one of the gorilla, a crazy smile on his face.

You are impressed when the monster's arm audibly break, hissing steams of golden light igniting it from the inside.

Well damn, he is talented alright. If you go back to Creation you will recommend him for an Exaltation. He will make a fine Dawn.

"New plan." Boosted Gear forms around your fists. "Each of us take care of one of them."

"Yes!" Mittelt twirls her weapon before flying towards one of the gorilla.

You face off against the last.

"Time to die, ugly!"

[] Write-in.

Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 10
[X] Activate Boosted Gear, Fists of Iron, Fist of the Daystar Form, Orichalcum Fists of Battle and Monkey Leap Technique.
----

With little more then a thought hard earned reflexes come to the fore and you slip into your combat stance as essence pools around your fists and body.

The gorilla roars and charges at you.

Stone shatters as you propel yourself into the air, deftly maneuvering your body around one of the lumbering strikes of your target as you fly towards it, fist cocked and blazing with power. You drive your hand into the youkai's face, shattering stone and gravel like wet paper. The monster cries out in pain as the force of the blow send him reeling back and on the ground. Golden flames erupt from the injury, greedily licking and searing what pass for flesh in the monster's body.

Using the momentum you flip yourself away, giving yourself enough time to take a quick glance around the battlefield and see how your companions are doing before landing on your feet once more.

"Hahahaha!!" Shougo is laughing as he keeps landing hit after hit on the youkai's body in his usual random pattern. The gorilla already lost an arm, and it is by all means cornered.

However, suddenly it manages to catch Shougo with a kick. The young man is sent reeling back, but regain his equilibrium with a back roll.

"I felt that." He casually comments.

Then he grins as he dodges the youkai's next blow and retaliates with a spinning kick.
Kitsukawa Style, First Secret Technique – Prana Piercing Technique
Cost: 2m for dice/4m
Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 2
Type: Reflexive (Step 8 )
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
The first personal Charm Shougo Kitsukawa created by himself after awakening his Essence. By injecting his essence directly into the target, he learned how to destroy it from within. After calculating the raw damage of a physical attack, before rolling the character can pay 2 motes to convert a single dice of raw damage into an unsoakable health level damage. He cannot convert a number of raw damage dices higher than his Essence rating.

When used to break objects as a feat of strength the Charm, for 4 motes, allows the character to complete it into within a Simple Action instead of a minute-long dramatic action.
"Die you pest!" Mittelt shouted as her weapon clashes against the youkai's fist. The monster steps back howling, his hand sizzling and bubbling where it touched the Light Tetsubo. "I'm! Not! Done!" She swings her weapon low.

"Ivory Obstruction Kata!"

The monster is hurled back a good five meters before it crashes into a wall sturdier than the one it demolished earlier and fall forward.

Just in time to meet the tip of Mittelt's Tetsubo.
Ivory Obstruction Kata
Cost: 2m
Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
The martial artist deftly whips her weapon between the legs of her opponent to trip him and send him flying. No matter what the raw damage of a successful attack that is supplemented with this Charm, the attack deals Knockback, and the target's player must roll to resist Knockdown (see Exalted, p.153). The attacker can add her permanent Essence score either to the difficulty to resist Knockdown or to the number of yards the target is knocked back: She can increase the distance her opponent moves or the chance that he falls to the ground, but not both. Use of Ivory Obstruction Kata in a flurry is self-limiting. If the martial artist hurls an opponent beyond her weapon's reach, she cannot continue attempting to strike or throw him further.
You shed an imaginary tear of joy. "They grow up so fast..." You sigh.

Then step aside and let the youkai's fist hits only air. Your hand lands on its forearm. "Sorry. Guess I neglected you."

You clench, and its skin shatters.

"Let's remedy that."

----

"Aah.." You roll your shoulders as you walk away from the youkai's body. "In the end it wasn't anything special. I am almost disappointed."

[It was small fry. Physically strong but dumber than a rock, useful only in group. Search something else if you want to experience the thrill.]

'Like'?

[Like the white-one. Ability-wise you're more of less ready for Balance Breaker. You just lack 'something'.]

'Something'? What something?'

[Something. It's hard to define, it changes for each user. Bah, just keep fighting and it will come when you need it the most.]

'I don't have many other choices.' You mentally roll your eyes. You meet up with Mittelt and Shougo, who defeated their opponents too. "How are you?"

"Just some bruises." She looks down and the youkai's corpses. "I thought they were Tsukumogami, but I am not so sure anymore."

"My arm is broken." Shougo announces, nothing in his posture indicating he is injured.

"..." You and Mittelt stare at him.

"...Want to come to my house to have Asia fix it?"

He nods. "That was fun. When I can fight those things again?"

"Right, we need to find out what they are and where they come from." Your eyes narrow. "Mittelt, while I am away you're in change. You and the others, please investigate."

"Hai!"

----

"KAMPAI!" You all cry out as you begin the party with a well deserted toast.

"I must say, this is very good Hyodo-kun." Kiba says after tasting one of the dishes.

"...." Nearby Koneko is stuffing her mouth with sweets.

"Oh, I didn't it alone. Asia helped me." You drink the (non) alcoholic beverage. "I wanted to, but I wouldn't have made it in time."

"Your job with the Japanese faction." Kiba nods. "Any idea what you will do?"

"They want me to play ambassador." You wave your hand. "Using my presence as [Red Dragon Emperor] to have things done in their favor. Apparently I am their only reasonable option between a rusted knife and a nuclear bomb, or something like that."

"They must have it rough." He turns to the food. "So you and Argento-san made all this?"

"No. I sent part of it to Kaichou and the rest of the Student Council as an apology. I hope they will like it."

----

Elsewhere, Sona Sitri is staring at the closed bento hard enough to make a hole in it. "Tsubaki. Call the Chemistry Club. I want a full analysis done on it."

Tsubaki sweatdrops. Saji tries to make his King see reason. "With all due respect Kaichou, I seriously doubt Hyodo would put poison or so-!"

Sona's stare freezes him on the spot. He gulps. "Right, call the Chemistry Club. Let me help you Shinra-san."

[] True end of the Phoenix from the Underworld Arc.
----

I will post the first post from the next arc tomorrow. From now on we will diverge from the DxD storyline, so...

Prepare yourself (I know usually you put 'your anuses', but it's not quite so bad. Yet)

Omake - 10
kinglugia said:
You know, when I mentioned the Radiant Dragon surpassing UCS, I do not mean surpassing his 4 armed form. I was referring to him at full power.
Because being that strong and all, at the top, looks lonely to me, nyan.
Look like an alternative to staying all day playing the Game of Divinity.

Of course, I doubt Yu-Shan or Creation as a whole will survive the continuous clash of those two for very long...
EternitynChaos said:
I don't see why not, as always ^^ no promises on getting it done quickly but that should be even easier then the original omake idea, and boy, is Desus/MoW going to wish he had been smart enough to just say no to the devil deal of Oblivion, after all, nothing is worth making Bright Shattered Ice your enemy... and that's what he's gone and done /laugh
Yep yep :D

I put more things here: http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=641.0. As usual please review and comment.

Reading a certain story on SV inspired me this little piece:
----

"No."

"Oh, come on Yukari. Why not? All I ask is to enjoy a short vacation in your turf."

Yakumo Yukari, a Youkai Sage with the power to manipulate all boundaries, instead of answering immediately raised the cup of tea to her lips and took a long sip. As usual she wore a deep purple dress, a pink mob cap and red ribbons tied liberally on her dress. Her purple eyes and long golden eyes were the same everyone know.

In contrast the person seated at the other side of the table wore more modern attire. A boy that looked no older than seventeen, he wore a black blazer with gold highlights over a white, long-sleeved dress shirt with black highlights a red T-shirt underneath it, with both blazer and shirt being kept open. He wore matching black pants, and on the house's front door there were blue and white sneakers belonging to him.

However, his clothes were the only things normal about him. The youth's face was handsome, almost unnaturally so, while if one were to squint his eyes he could see golden and red glints in his short brown hair, and golden and green glints in his light brown eyes.

"I can understand the desire to take a break from duty and relax." She finally said, showing the youth an amused smile. "But allowing you of all people to spend three weeks in a place where the majority of the population is composed of young, nubile females? I think not Ise."

Ise, also known as Issei Hyodo, also known as the Radiant Dragon scoffed. "You make it sound like I am a sexual predator ready to assault any girl on sight."

Wordlessly Yukari pointed to a panting and deeply flushed Chen, held in the arms of Ran who was glaring balefully at Issei.

"All I did was pet her!" Issei defended himself.

"You made her orgasm."

"I didn't it on purpose!"

"That's the thing with you." She sighed. "I know you have the best of intentions, but it doesn't change the fact that where you pass daughters of all ages run away from home, wives leave their husbands and cults about you form like mushrooms after it rained. You could at least learn how to say no. How many wives do you have?"

"841." Issei answered without missing a beat, causing Ran to splutter. "That's part of the reason I decided to take a break: between taking care of them, running my kingdom, looking after Creation and the Exalts in place of the Unconquered Sun..." He sighed. "It's too much. And I am doing all of it with multiply bodies and delegating as much as possible, mind you."

"I feel for you, but the answer is still no. Ask Madoka."

"I did."

Yukari raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And her answer?"

Issei showed a half-amused, half-aggravated smile. "That I am the best teacher in the world, that she likes me a lot and is very grateful for everything, but that like hell she would allow me inside an afterlife full of prepubescent young girls with little to no experience with love."

"I concur." Yukari nodded sagely.

"But with Gensokyo is different." He tried to protest. "Aren't many of the resident powerful and ancient beings? Surely they build immunity against this sort of things and acquired great mastery of their emotions?"

Yukari didn't answer. On one hand, Issei was right: the thought process of many residents of Gensokyo could hardly being called human.

On the other hand, as usual the Living Concept before her was underestimating how good he was.

The Youkai of Boundaries sighed. "I know I am going to regret it...but alright. You can take your vacation here."

"Really?" His eyes lighted up. "Yes! I love you Yukari!"

"The worst is that you wholeheartedly means that. But!" She raised a finger. "There are rules."

"Name them."

"First, you will have a guide with you, whose duty will be to kept an eye on you and take you away the moment any member of the female gender start showing signs of infatuation."

"It will not happen." Issei stated with outmost seriousness.

"Can't believe you can say that with a straight face." Yukari shook her head. "Second, you will cover every inch of your body with thick clothes."

"Oh come on!"

[] To be continued...

Ryozanpaku - Part 1
"This way Hyodo-san." Sayanomiya-san points as she enters what looks like a private library. As you and him walks ahead you see the people inside looking at you and start whispering between themselves, only to look away as your gaze falls on them.

"Please forgive them." The redhead says with a smile. "They're merely curious about the Sekiryuutei. Tales of the Heavenly Dragons have reached even Japan."

"Oh?" You raise an eyebrow. "I know what my predecessors did. I hope they don't think I am some sort of maniac drunk on power."

"I assure you it's not the case. At most they're wary. Japan hosts quite a number of special individuals, but they tend to stay to themselves. It's rare for one of them to join the Committee. The truth is that, while we're the main Japanese supernatural organization, we have limited influence. We don't lack regular members, but we lack exceptional ones."

After a while you reach a room and enter. The inside is pretty large: judging by the carpet and the long table, this is a place for reunions. You sit down on the nearest chair, while Sayanomiya-san sits on the other side in front of you.

You cross your fingers together. "Shall we get down to business?"

"As you wish." He grabs a folder that was lying nearby and place in between you two. "The first task we want you to fulfill is a simple one, but it requires a notable force of character. The individuals you will deal with are...let's say bizarre."

Sound interesting.

"Remember when I hinted at the problem Japan is suffering? About the mundane organization with sufficient power to change the world."

You nod. He opens the folder and starts moving pages. "They are know by many names in all the world: "The Darkness", "La Tenebra", "L'Obscurité"...here in Japan, they are know as "Yami."

He shows you an old white-and-black photo showing soldiers from WWII fighting hand-to-hand. "The more accredited hypothesis says it was founded after WWII to keep the arts of old, that is martial arts, alive because many martial artists died during the war. In contrast to modern times, when martial arts are mostly a form of sport, they aim to restore the original spirit of them as a tool of war. They follow the way of the Satsujinken (Fist of Killing): the practitioners of these beliefs believe that killing the opponent is the way to use their martial arts skills. Most of their incomes come from mercenary jobs, while the rest is supplied by their most wealthy members."

You scowl slightly. "I can't say I approve of their ways, but of mercenaries and soldiers is full the world. What make them stand out?"

"Until now it was the size of their organization and the way they have contacts in basically all of the planet's governments." It's his answer. "Yet it was still not the Committee's concern for they have no hand in the supernatural. Until now."

He hands you a photo. In it is shown a large guy with long white hair in a suit conversing with a guy whose large muscular body is covered by a white coat with a hood.

"The guy with the hood." Sayanomiya-san points. "We don't know his name, but we know he is an important member of Yami's upper organization. While we know the name of the other one." His finger shifts over the other figure. "He forsake his original name and took the moniker of "Earth Beast". He is a member of Reunion, an organization with Korean origins that study what are dubbed "supernatural martial arts"."

Your interest is instantly picked up. "Like?"

"Like manipulating the elements of nature, among more exoteric things. Do you know about Ki?" You nod. "Good, this will be faster then. Supernatural Martials Arts use Ki like other high-end Martial Arts, but use it to do more than reinforcing the body. The downside is that it takes much more time, more than half a century, to build the necessary strength since the Ki drain is much higher. Japan has many practitioners of them, many that originated in the Edo period. What is worrying is that Reunion is not only a large organization like Yami, even if not as large as them, but that they managed to revive many lost martial arts through unknown means in mere ten years."

"And now there is the proof they have contacts with Yami." You connect the dots. "You are afraid Yami is taking an interest in Supernatural Martial Arts and may decide to employ them on large scale."

"Correct." The redhead smiles sadly. "Hopefully it will not happen, but we must prepare for a worst case scenario. The first step, is collecting allies."

He hands you another photo. This one shows an old, large Japanese house. The tag over the main gate says "Ryōzanpaku".

"Ryōzanpaku is the main foe of Yami. They are a group of exceptional Master Martial Artists that follow the way of the Katsujinken (Life Fist): it's the opposite of the Satsujinken, in that the followers believe that martial arts practitioners should not kill an opponent, even if their own lives are at risk. Despite being somewhat poor, they had always been a thorn in Yami's side."

Master Martial Artists? 'Are you thinking what I am thinking?'

[It's time for a challenge?]

'Hell yeah.' "Are they aware of the supernatural? Ryōzanpaku I mean?"

"Oh yes." Sayanomiya-san crosses his arms over his chest. "We have reports of them defeating some particularly vicious Youkai and evil mages. Despite that us and them haven't a true relationship: there is a verbal accord that we will not interfere with their fight against Yami and vice versa, but that's it. Now however, if Yami is starting to use supernatural powers we need to get involved. And we would like to have Ryōzanpaku as an ally."

He sighs. "The problem, like I said, is that the members are very eccentric. We fear that normal diplomatic methods may not work, so..."

"Say no more." You collect all papers inside the folder and close it. "I will talk with Ryōzanpaku and convince them to help."

"Simply alerting them of Yami's new interests would suffice." He smiles and stands up. "Their mission is admirable, and it would pain me to see them caught unaware."

"Understood." You reply. "When I leave?"

----

Immediately it seems. After the conversation Sayanomiya-san gave you a train's ticket and a map, saying it's the way to Ryōzanpaku.

The journey took most of the morning, but at least you reach your destination.

2649682-Ryozanpaku02.png

The main gate is bigger than what it looked in the photo.

[Woah.] You hear Ddraig sniffing heavily. [I smell strong people. Human, but still strong.]

'You can tell someone is strong by smell?'

[Dragon's secret partner. I am the Emperor, I know every trick there is. Beside the white-one's original ones of course.]

Scary. But now is not the time.

You knock at the wooden gate, idly noticing that there must be metal inside by the sound, and wait.

SQUEEEAK

The gate slowly opens, and from it peaks out...

336632-shigure_01___capitulo_6.jpg

A really, really attractive One-san with big oppai in a traditional dress!!

...Who wears a chainmail under it.

...Who has a real katana in her hand.

...Who has a mouse perched on her head.

...Whose eyes seem to shine as they observe, nay analyze you without saying a word.

Weirdness meter: full.

Conclusion: she is probably strong enough to kick your ass and thus must not be underestimated.

Right, diplomacy. How does it work again?

[] Write-in.
----

Some times I just don't know what possess me to write the stuff I write. I just know it's never enough :)) .

Ryozanpaku - Part 2
[X] "Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.
----

Let's keep things short, polite and possibly empty of blatant references to the supernatural.

"Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.

"..." The One-san doesn't answer, she just slightly tilts her head. Her expression didn't change, but you almost get the feeling she's...confused? "...Who?"

"Who? You mean...the History Compilation Committee?" She nods. 'What. Kaoru-san said they know about the supernatural and-but of course! It's possible they don't know the exact name of the Committee, just what they do.'

This poses a little problem.

"They're...we're.." You search for the right words. "We deal with the bizarre happenings of the world, you know the ones that are kept a secret from the public?"

She tilts her head again.

Your voice lowers to a whisper. "The supernatural. Mages, youkai, that sort of things."

"Ooh." She nods to herself, her fist (the one still holding the sword) hitting the palm of the other. "Come...with me."

Finally. "Excuse me." You say as you step inside the property and follow the still-without-name One-san. As the two of you walk you take the chance to observe your surroundings: the photos gave you a preview, but this place is really old. The main building is as traditional as one can get, and the materials are worn out and cracked in many places. Despite the age it's all clean through, so this means they took good care of it.

It's as you're busy not looking ahead that you bump into something. 'Oops. Did I walk into a pillar?' You look up-

"Hi. I'm Appachai!!"

46940.jpg

And stare at the smiling face of a giant of a man. Foreigner, he has light dark skin and short spiky silver hair, and he's wearing only a yellow tank top and red shorts.

You raise a hand in greeting. "Hi. I'm Issei."

"Nice to meet you!" The giant replies with a happy tone before walking away.

You turn to the One-san and point to the retreating Appachai. "That's normal?"

She wordlessly nods.

"Ah, okay." Having received confirmation you quickly put the odd encounter away. It's not as if it was the oddest thing you're ever seen.

As you enter the building proper you notice that the mouse sitting on the One-san's head is staring intently at you. You also notice it has a pink ribbon on its tail.

You guess it's cute?

Realizing you have noticed him the mouse jumps on its owner's shoulder and starts squeaking in her ear. The One-san turns around to stare at you with a quizzical look.

"Is...something the problem?" You ask.

She points to the mouse. "Tochūmaru..." That's the mouse's name? "Say you smell...like a wild beast."

Urgh!

[Hahaha!!] Ddraig laughs. [The little morsel knows his betters by instinct! Tell him he doesn't need to worry: he's not worthy eating.]

'I will try to be a little more diplomatic, thank you very much.' "Eh eh, I guess?" You laugh nervously and scratch your cheek. "But I am not going to do anything unsavory. I am here just to talk."

She regards you for a few seconds before nodding. "...Sincere." Then she starts to turn around.

"You know." Your words stop her. "I never got your name."

"...Shigure." She says slowly. "Kosaka Shigure."

"A pleasure to meet you Kosaka-san. Tochūmaru." You say with another bow.

She stares at you for a few seconds before her eyes lights up and she returns the bow. Tochūmaru keeps squeaking.

----

"Elder." Kosaka-san opens a door. "A guest."

Fuurinjihayato_Tyourou.jpg

Inside the large room is yet again another giant of a man, if possible even taller than the silver-haired foreigner: Japanese, nonetheless he has blond hair reaching mid-back and also sports a chest-length beard complete with a mustache. Despite his advanced age he has largely muscular and well-defined built, few wrinkles, and not a single gray hair.

23315.imgcache.jpg

The "Elder" is sitting seiza in front of a shogi board. On the other side is a man in a traditional hakama with messy brown hair similar to your own. Despite his seemingly small physique, the exposed skin shows nothing but muscles. Oddly, his pupils are nearly colorless.

"Oh? A guest?" The giant turns in your direction, the other guy doing the same. "Did you come here to join the dojo?"

"I am afraid that's not the case." You ignore how both seem to deflate at that. "My name is Hyodo Issei. I come at the behalf of the History Compilation Committee to speak over a matter of grave concern."

"Ooh?" The Elder quirks an eyebrow. "The History Compilation Committee? That's odd."

"Indeed." The other guys finally speaks. "If I am not wrong this is the first time they contact our dojo directly."

"A matter of grave importance you say?" You nod. "I see. Akisame, Shigure: please call the others."

Two minutes later you are sitting seiza on the pavement, the Elder, who presented himself as Hayato Furinji, sitting in the same position a meter in front of you. Sitting on his sides are, included Kosaka-san and Appachai, five other figures.

Shio_Sakakihd.jpg

"History Compilation Committee? What the hell is that?" Asks a muscular guy with a scar on his face, who presented himself as Sasaki Shio.

"They're the main national Japanese association for keeping the supernatural hidden." Replies the guy in a hakama, who presented himself as Akisame Koetsuji.

Ma_Kensei.jpg

"Mmmh.." Hums a short middle aged man with a long mustache, who presented himself as Kensei Ma. "They sent a child? How unusual."

You're not a child.

{How old are you? Sixteen, seventeen? Yes you're a child.}

'Is the experience of an old woman talking?'

Sling!

"Is everything alright Hyodo-kun?" Furinji asks as you stiffen.

"Perfect." You breath out, trying to ignore the phantom pain of your internal organs being brutalized. "Just a bad memory."

"Mmh, okay." He smooth down his beard. "All the members of Ryōzanpaku are here. The only ones missing are my granddaughter and our dojo's only disciple, but since they both ignore the existence of the supernatural world there is no need to wait for them. Now Hyodo-kun, what is this 'matter of grave concern' that you want to talk about?"

[] Write-in.
----

Sorry for the many images, but the Ryōzanpaku's Masters are badass enough to deserve one each.

Ryozanpaku - Part 3
[X] Plan Least Devotee
----

You begin by bowing respectfully to the masters. Your knees creak at you a little but you ignore them -- you've dealt with much worse than just sitting in an uncomfortable position.

"Honored masters, thank you for taking time out of your day to meet with me. My name is Hyoudou Issei,-" Time to show why the HCC sent you. "-though in some parts of the supernatural world they call me Sekiryuutei."

The effect is instantaneous. The short old man's hand, who was fumbling with his moustache, stops. Furinji-san's other eyebrow joins the other near the hairline, and while it isn't threatening his aura is less easygoing than before. Koetsuji-san is now observing you with interest.

Kosaka-san and Apachai seem confused. You suppose they aren't aware of what Sekiryuutei really mean.

"Ahahaha! [Red Dragon Emperor]?" Finally, Sasaki-san laughs. "Isn't a title too grandiose for a kid like you?"

You laugh good-naturedly. "Yeah, I'm told I have big shoes to fill. I'm doing my best on that end, but I still have a long ways to go." The three that recognized the title visibly relax. "However I didn't come to talk about myself."

You draw the folder of images that Sayanomiya-san gave you out of your bag and present the evidence, sliding it across the dojo floor to Master Furinji. Fast, so fast you scarcely saw it, he takes the folder and open it.

"My visit this evening concerns the organization known as Yami. I was told you all know it well." At the mention of Yami everyone, even Apachai, assume a serious face. Furinji-san's face is hard as he skips the contents of the folder. "The Committee has evidence that Yami has come into contact with another group called Reunion, a Korean organization which is deeply involved with the study and use of what are commonly called supernatural martial arts. I trust your know what I am talking about?"

"Apa? Super what?" Apachai asks.

"Remember that guy, an year ago, who could set himself on fire without burning?" The silver haired giant nods at Koetsuji-san's question. "A martial art like that."

"Apaaa.."

"This isn't all." You continue as the Elder passes the folder to Kensei Ma. "Reunion has shown the ability to train others in their use in a very short time frame, and the Committee is concerned that Yami may begin using these arts to advance their agenda. In the worst case they might already be doing so."

"Ah!" Sasaki-san shouts harshly. "I wouldn't put it beyond those bastards. Who are those 'Reunion' guys anyway. I've never heard of them."

Before you can answer the Elder beats you. "I've heard of them. The group Reunion is connected to various firms on the continent such as China and India, while having various investors from Europe and the United States. And...is speared by the Heaven Riches faction of martial arts."

Interesting. You weren't aware of that. More useful information to give back to Sayanomiya-san.

This time it's Ma who speak. "Didn't the Heaven Riches faction died off during the first Sino-Japanese war?"

"Not exactly. I know the last pureblood Heaven Riches master is dead, but the Style and the Faction is still kept alive by the new heir Yuri Linus."

"What's so important about this faction, Elder?" Akisame asks.

"They're an old Satsujinken group equal to the Furinji clan." He replies sourly. "Their martial art, called [Heaven's Richest Divine Fist], is said to be powerful enough to kill even Gods. What's more, the main family is protected by five branches, each with their own powerful style. Together they're called the Five Heavenly Paths. They are: Fire Dragon, Lightning Tiger, Liquid Shark, Ancient Wood and-"

"Earth Beast?" You interrupt him. As his questioning look you mention to the folder. "Look at page 46. The photo in there shows Earth Beast meeting an important member of Yami."

When he reaches the page his face, if possible, hardens even more. He puts the folder down so that the others could look at it too.

-!-!-!

'Woah! That's some murderous aura they're releasing.' You are thoroughly impressed.

"Is that..?" Sasaki asks.

"Yes. The body shape is unmistakable." Koetsuji replies with a deep frown.

"An acquaintance of yours, I presume?" You question with a raised eyebrow.

For some reason they all blink at you before the atmosphere visibly relaxes. The Elder coughs. "You can say that. So, why the Committee decided to share this information with us? We're grateful, but I don't think they simply want to alert us."

"In truth my direct superior finds the last one an acceptable outcome." You confess. "However, there is more. Up until now the Committee refrained from interfering in your affairs, as their purview falls solely on supernatural events. However, if Yami is seriously going to employ supernatural martial arts, with the possibility that people not in the known may witness them, I hope you understand the Committee will be forced to interfere."

"I see." The Elder strokes his beard. "Yes, that's understandable. What does the Committee want to do?"

"Ideally, a collaboration with Ryōzanpaku." You reassure them with a quick Irresistible Salesman Spirit. "We of course wouldn't think of ordering you around. We just wish to act in concert with you, to maximize collective efforts and avoid possible misunderstandings."

"Uhmm..." The Elder assumes a thought pose. "Could you wait outside Hyodo-san? We must discuss this together."

"Of course." You stand up and bow again. "Take all the time you need. You can keep the folder."

With that you step outside.

----

"Well, that's a troubling series of events." Akisame comments.

"Indeed. I feared such an outcome, but I hoped it would never come to pass. Sadly my prayers weren't answered." The Elder says.

"And?!" Sasaki crushes the beer can he has in his hand. "Yami got some new trinkets. Nothing new, we will just crush them as-what are you watching Ma?"

The old Kempo master shakes his head, looking away from the door that Hyodo used to leaved. "Nothing, just wondering. The Sekiryuutei, after all those years..."

"Right, what's up with that? You all made a strange face when he said that word." Sasaki's questioning look was shared by Apachai and Kosaka.

"You don't know?" Ma adjusts his hat. "Do you know what a Sacred Gear is?"

"Aren't those strange powers from Christianity?"

"Right." Akisame confirms. "Strange powers, otherworldly weapons... they can take many forms. Among them, there are thirteen unique weapons of unmatched strength. The Sekiryuutei is the possessor of one of them, the Boosted Gear. The one possessed by the Emperor of Dragons."

""Eh?"" Sasaki, Apachai and Shigure say simultaneously.

"That boy..." The Elder crosses his arms over his chest. "Has the power to kill god and destroy the world."

"So young..." Ma's voice is filled with remorse. "The God of the Bible is too cruel."

"Wait, what? Destroy the world? What are you talking about?"

As Sasaki starts firing questions, Kosaka Shigure mutters a single word. "...Weapon?"

----

[Aren't you going to listen? You should be capable of it with the earing of a Dragon.]

"Nah." You sit on the porch's edge, enjoying the traditional atmosphere. "First, it would be rude. Second, I don't need to. I said what I have to say. Now I only need an answer.]

{Indeed. Leave sneaking around in shadow to the Night Castes and social interaction to the Eclipse Castes.}

'I always wanted to ask: why are the Solars divided into five Castes?'

{Uhm, indeed it may appears as a rough simplification. However there are reasons behind the decision, both practical and theological: first of all, the symbolism...}

As Bright keeps talking (and your head hurting more and more), you hear the main gate opening and new voices, a female and a male.

"Hang in there Kenichi-kun! We're almost there."

"Haaa, haa..M-Miu-san...my muscles are killing me..."

'Uhm, they must be the Elder's granddaughter and the disciple.' Pushed by curiosity you stand up and walk in the voices' direction.

351522-miu_02.jpg

Woooah! Now that's a true skinsuit! And on a blonde bombshell, even better! She has the Elder's eyes and hair, so she must be the granddaughter.

Kenichi_Shirahama.jpg

The other one...wait, have you not seen this guy somewhere else? If yes he wasn't carrying a lot of shopping bags with steel balls chained to his feet, that's for sure.

The boy, who now that you notice is probably your junior together with the girl, sways.

Covering the distance between you and him in a scarce second you put a hand on the backpack, preventing him from falling. "Need help?"

"...Yes..." He wheezes out without looking up.

"Ah! A guest" The girl claps her hands together. "Are you here to join the dojo? Or to challenge it? Do you want tea?"

"I would like tea. And, I'm here because..."

Wait. The Elder said those two don't know about the supernatural. So you can't tell them the truth.

And you also need to phrase you answer well enough that, when the Masters come out, they don't say something contradictory by accident.

You doubt Furinji-san would appreciate you messing with her granddaughter's memories.

[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 4
"Just delivering a message to the Masters." Better to be vague. "You know, an odd job while resting from training..."

"Training? Are you a martial artist too? Ah! Where are my manners? I'm Furinji Miu."

"Shirahama Kenichi." He puts down the bags and sits down, clearly exhausted.

"Hyodo Issei. I'm more of a brawler than a proper martial artist. Speaking of training,-" You look Kenichi up and down. "I may be wrong, but I saw you a few days ago, pulling a guy on a tire, and now this..."

"Yeah..." He says with a lifeless stare. "Koetsuji-sensei's usual morning training session."

You nod. "Nice routine, but when are you going to graduate from the beginner's course?"

At that he turns from lifeless to stony. "Beginner's course? You consider this a course for beginners?!"

"Eh eh." Miu laughs nervously. "Kenichi, you only started training a few months ago after all...did you do a similar training when you started studying martial arts Sempai?" She then asks you.

"Well, I started by pulling a boulder." You admit while crossing your arms over your chest. "Then my trainer came up with the idea to put steel balls at my feet while I complete a circuit too. Only they were fivefold the size of yours, had a bomb inside so I was forced to run to complete the training before they detonate and I also had a pack of tigers chasing me."

""..."" Uh, it may be a trick of the light but you swear their eyes had become small black circles with total white inside, while the mouth had disappeared.

"Tigers aren't aggressive animals, you know. On the contrary, they're very calm and cuddle like cats." You tilt your head. "Unless you starve them. In which case they're ravenous beasts that will start devouring you even if you are still alive. Because usually they kill preys by snapping their-!"

Your body moves without your conscious control. Your body just leans a bit more to the side by itself, just as your left leg kicks the ground and the right one bend before straightening itself.

The result? You do a lateral cartwheel, missing by a hair's breath the blade of the sword aimed at your side.

"The hell-!?" You shout.

"Shigure-san?!" Miu shouts back. Indeed, the one who attacked you is none other than the sole female of the Masters' group. Kenichi stays silent, too busy staring at the blade that embedded itself into the ground a few centimeters away from his crotch.

"Are you and the others done talking? Wait, before that why did you-!" She tears the blade out and attacks you again, forcing you to evade blow after blow.

'Why is she trying to kill me?!?'

{She's not.}

'What?'

{Her swordplay is good, but it's clear she's holding herself back. Right now. She increased her speed after seeing you could dodge her previous blows.}

So what, is this a test?

To hell with that! With your foot, you kick a small pebble to her face. She cuts it in half, but the momentary opening is all you need to retreat out of her sword's range.

"Shigure-san!" Miu puts herself between you and her. "What are you doing?! You can't attack a guest like that!"

"...Why?" Despite her emotionless face you can sense a feeling of perplexity as her gaze shifts from her blade to your face. "Why won't you show me your..." She doesn't finish.

Show her what?

[Your *beep*?]

'Absurd. And we will have words later about who the fuck taught you that word!'

Wait. You said you are part of a supernatural association. Does this mean...she wants to see a supernatural trick? Well she should have said so-wait!

"I can't!" You firmly refuse, pointing to the dumbfounded Kenichi and Miu. "Not in front of them!"

She stays silent for a few seconds before her eyes light up in understanding and her mouth opens in a 'O'. "Ooh...Okay."

Her free hand shoots inside her kimono and takes out a chain with a weight at the end.

The next instant the same chain is tied around your right forearm. "Wait a mo-!" But your protests are for naught, as Kosaka-san jumps on the roof pulling you behind her. The both of you disappear.

Leaving a blank-faced Miu and Kenichi.

Behind them an a frog, a rabbit and a monkey run around on two legs while waving a branch.

----

"Alright, that's enough!" You grit your teeth after Kosaka-san dragged you into a room completely full of weapons, mostly of Japanese origins. With a forceful pull you remove the chain from your arm. "I am not someone who lets himself be kidnapped all the times. I am not going anywhere until someone tells me what is going on!"

"...Your weapon." She replies completely unconcerned.

"My weapon?" Wait, could it be? "You mean Boosted Gear?"

She nods. "Akisame...called it that."

"You should have said it at the beginning." You sigh. You pull back your sleeves, exposing the two armlets.

Her eyes widen slightly as the two accessories open up and unfold into the two gauntlets.

"Don't ask me to take them off, because I can't." You tell her as she holds your left arm in her hands, her gaze examining every centimeter of the weapon. "They aren't fused to my flesh, but they are stuck to my skin like scales. I would need to break them."

"Mmh..." She hums. She takes out a kunai and taps first the jewel, and then the red metal. "Steel? Similar, but no."

"It's Spiritual Steel." You answer. "Which is a catch-all term for every metal-like material that made up a Sacred Gear. They're just magical constructs stored in the soul that are given physical shape when called forth by their wielders."

"Mmh...signs of forging." She points to your wrist.

You shrug. "Could be. I never said I am an expert. That's my teacher."

"Aah..." After a few minutes of silent observation she seems satisfied. "One moment."

She searches among the weapons and takes out a steel bar. She puts it between two anvils. "Hit it."

"Hit?"

"Try...to break it."

You look at the bar.

'Eeh, why not?'

How do you try to break the steel bar?
[] Just a simple punch.
[] Maybe you can add a Charm?
[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 5
Sol Mark-1 said:
I would like to join this quest Alexander.
Sorry for not presenting myself before.
Welcome to QQ and my quest! 8) There is nothing to be sorry about.
----

Your call upon your training to maximize strength. You focus on your muscles, your legs spread and your body lowered.

Then you punch downward.

CLANK!!

The sound produced by the bar and your gauntlet meeting is quite ponderous. You expected something more high-pitched. The wooden pavement give up a little, letting the anvils sink down a few centimeters.

"No damage." You comment as you flex your fingers. "Usually I can shatter stone. It must be pretty good stuff."

"Wrong." Kosaka-san comments. She lifts up the bar horizontally to your eyes' level, letting you see the depressions formed by the shape of your fist.

"Oh. It's still good stuff in my opinion. Is it some kind of special metal?" You run a clawed finger on the surface.

She nods, her eyes gazing intently on Boosted Gear. "First time...happened. Can you...increase damage?"

"Yes, I can use a technique similar to Ki. Do you want me to..?"

She nods again and puts the bar between the two anvils again.

"Okay. Fists of Iron Technique."

This time your punch leaves a crack on the bar.

----

You spend the next hour and a half between hitting samples provided by Kosaka-san and watching her works on new and old ones on a forge. Yes she has a forge in there.

[You know, I find it strange that you're going along with her requests without complains.]

You mentally shrug. 'It's a way like any other to pass the time.

[So it has nothing to do with you sucking up to a pretty girl?] He asks in a teasing tone.

'First, I like to think of myself as a helpful guy, just cautious enough to avoid having my goodwill being abused. Second, older sister-types are the best!'

[Once a pervert, always a pervert!]

You ignore your partner to focus on how Tochumau, despite being so small and a mouse, is skilled enough to act as an assistant to her owner. Here at Ryōzanpaku even mouses are Master-level! If this isn't proof of them being awesome you don't know what makes one.

After a while Kosaka-san stops her activities and begins putting away all her tools.

"Are we done? Can I go?" Tochumaru answers for her, raising a tiny thumb-up. Or whatever counts for one for a mouse. You smile as you reach to the door and open it. "Thanks for the pleasant time Kosaka-san. It was a pleasure helping you." You step outside.

And feel yourself the target of a myriad of gazes. All the members of the dojo are there, staring at you with various expression that range from amused to embarrassed to shocked.

You raise an eyebrow. "What?"

"My, this is the first time Shigure brings a boy to her room." Koetsuji quietly laughs.

"Well done boyo! Never seen anyone working so fast!" Ma-san shows you a thumb-up, a trickle of blood dripping from his nose and a camera in his free hand.

"Apapapa!! What's going on?"

The Elder's grin, a very big one, if the one of a mischievous grandfather who caught a child with his hand elbow down in the jam.

"Oi oi oi! No matter how you see it he's too young for that!" Sasaki is outraged.

"Wawawa...Shigure-san likes younger boys? Wawawa!" Miu-san's face is beet red.

And so is Kenichi. "Is this the world of the adults?"

You resist the urge to facepalm. Instead you raise an eyebrow and give them a 'are you serious?' glare. "You guys totally got the wrong idea."

Kosaka-san comes out and address you. "Thank you...for pounding so hard."

This time you facepalm as the various reactions increase tenfold in intensity. Beside Kenichi, who faints.

"You are still totally getting the wrong idea."

----

"Hyodo-kun. Me and the others have discussed on the matter and reached a decision." You and the Elder are sitting opposite each other on a table, each with a cup of steaming hot tea in hand.

"That's great. But can you please stop grinning?" You say with a polite, if slightly irritated, tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He strokes his beard. "Ryōzanpaku never turns down willing allies. And against Yami every help is welcome: currently there is an unofficial ceasefire between us, but I am sure it's only a matter of time before they start moving. Especially now that Ken-chan is here."

"You mean Kenichi?" As far as you can tell the guy looks harmless. "Why?"

"Let's just say that the fact that Ryōzanpaku has now a disciple will push them into action." He mysteriously replies. "There is only one problem: we of course have our own allies, old friends in Japan and outside, and honor dictates we must inform them. Could you please wait until I contacted them? It would take no more than a few days."

"I can't see why not." It's not as if you don't have the time.

Miu-san chooses that moment to enter with a tray of sweets.

"Of course, we of Ryōzanpaku would be happy to house you in our humble abode until then." The Elder says with a playful tone as he twirls one moustache around his finger. "It's the least we can do for a guest."

"Ah, I-"

"That's a magnificent idea!" Miu-san declares with stars in her eyes. "You must stay. I insist!"

You look back and forth between the two before shrugging. "Al..right. I accept your offer."

At least it will be interesting. There is only one problem.

You don't have the necessary items to stay away from home.

----

"You follow Line 35, then get off at Kame Station. Is it clear Sempai?" Kenichi asks you after he finished explaining how to reach the commercial district.

"Perfect." You nod.

"You know, I can accompany you if you want..."

"No need. I just need a change of clothing and toiletries." You pat his shoulder. "Use the time to train. Hard work is always rewarded."

"....Yeah....training..." Kenichi's face loses a bit of vitality.

You huff. "What's with that weak spirit? Light up! Otherwise you will be a easy target for the rubber bullets."

"Rubber bullets?!"

You nod sagely. "That's how one of my teachers trained my reflexes. Even if the results didn't show until another one started tossing real swords at me blade first. But in your case it will probably be something less lethal, like trunks. See ya!"

You walk away, missing Kenichi screaming and trying to run away, only to be intercepted by Kosaka-san.

It's....Random Event Time!

[] Roll me a 1d6. In case of multiple rolls, please vote for the one you want me to use.

Ryozanpaku - Part 6
"Uhm..." You consult the list you wrote. "This should be all."

It took more time than you expected since you're not familiar with the area, but you now have all the necessary to stay a few days away from home: clothes, pajamas, toothbrush, tooth paste and other minor items.

"Yes." You clench your fist. 'The next days are gonna be awesome.'

[I fail to see how.] By the lazy tone in Ddraig's voice you can picture him rolling on the ground like a big, fat cat. [There isn't anyone worth fighting. And I saw those guys' television: with that you're lucky if you can see a single channel, with colors. Aaah, I want to see the next episode of Sengoku Basara...]

That's right: after you started showing various anime to Ddraig he took a liking to them. It's favorite at the moment is, as he said, Sengoku Basara.

'Don't worry, I told Mittelt to register it. Don't you see? I will be living with the some of the world's best martial artists. I can get special training and maybe learn some special technique!'

{I strongly doubt they can teach you anything worthwhile. They're just mortals.}

'Don't say that. This world doesn't have Exaltation, but is still staying strong thanks to humanity's endless ingenuity. Plus every bit of help counts.'

She scoffs. {I am still not convinced. If you want to learn more Martial Arts so badly I have some scrolls here.}

'Like?'

{More about Solar Hero Style. I also have notes about a style invented by an Exalt that liked to explore the Wyld with me. She called it Dragon Transcendent Speed Style-}

"My cat!"

"Hold on! Here, kitty kitty ki-don't go there!"

A sudden commotion distracts you from Bright's explanation. You can hear a panicked voice and a child crying.

Your feet are already moving before you even begin considering what to do. As if the answer couldn't be more obvious.

What you find is a girl, about 8-10 years old, crying her eyes out. Above her, standing in precarious equilibrium on a roof's eave is a little kitten. Considering there is a recently broken pipe lying nearby, it isn't a stretch of imagination to conclude that the cat must have used the pipe to climb up to the roof, only to be trapped there when the pipe broke.

"Urgh! Come on, I can do it!

KisaraFight.jpg

A girl with a red shirt and a cap is already helping the girl, trying to jump up to the kitten. But you can't see it's futile: the wall is roughly eight meters tall, and there is not a single hold on its smooth surface.

[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 7
[X] Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. Rushing forwards, you kick off the alley wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftops. Once their, you grab the kitten, and retrace your steps, handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish.
----

[Playing white knight again?]

'Can you see me doing anything else?'

[Nope. You sure are different from my past partners. Not that is a bad thing.]

Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. And you have the latter in spades.

"One word of advice: try using a leverage."

The girl turns around to see who talked, but you're already rushing forward. You kick off the alley's wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftop, your feet touching its surface with a final mighty jump.

"Wooh!"

"What?!"

Once there you gently grab the kitten and retrace your steps, landing down and handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish. "This is yours I presume?"

"Chou-kun!" The girl happily takes the kitten and rubs her face on its muzzle. "Thank you Oni-chan, One-chan!" She says before running away.

You wave at her with a smile. When you turn to get your bags, however, you find the girl with a cap glaring at you with a scowl. "I didn't need your help."

Maybe, maybe. "I was just worried for the kitten." You neutrally replies.

She lowers her cap and huffs, a bit of pink coloring her cheeks, but doesn't answer back. "How did you do that?" She asks instead.

"Training."

"Training? Are you a martial artist?" She doesn't seem to believe you.

"If you train with heavy weights on your limbs, you will find out that without them your body feel light as a feather." Your lips curves into an amused smirk. "And I am more of a brawler than a martial artist. I just had extensive training regimes."

"..." The girl starts rubbing her chin with one hand, looking at you with a calculative glare. It's only when you pick up back your bags and start walking away that she speaks. "I have a proposal from you."

She turns the top of her left hand in your direction, showing the number "VII" with a cocky smile. "Join Ragnarok. Surely you have heard of us? You will have the honor of serving under Kisara Nanjou, the Seventh Fist called Valkyrie."

You raise an eyebrow. How odd, to come into contact with Ragnarok again. However you have an answer ready. "Yes I heard of you. But like I told Odin I am too busy to join a gang. Plus me and orders from others don't mix well."

The girl, Kisara's eyes widen. "How do you know Odin-sama's name?"

You shrug. "We meet while I was fighting a group of delinquents. He asked me to join Ragnarok and I politely refused."

"Absurd!" she angrily shouts. "No one say 'no' to Ragnarok. Unless..." Her eyes slowly widen in realization. She points a finger at you. "No way! You're Nidhogg, the only one who defied Odin-sama and survived without a scratch?! There is no way!"

You blink in confusion. "Nidhogg?" Why would they...right, you never said your name. They probably came up with that themselves.

[What was that? Nidhogg?] Ddraig spats in disgust. [I can understand they wanted to follow the Norse theme, but in that case they should have chosen at least Fafnir. How dare they gave you the name of an Evil Dragon?]

Uh oh, seems like the whole 'name' thing upset Ddraig. It's best to leave so he can calm down. "I don't know if I am this 'Nidhogg', but like I said I am not interested. Bye."

You manage to make two steps before a leg blocks your passage. A leg clad in tight jean, slamming on the wall next to you. "Do you really think I would let you go like this?" Nanjou-san says with a hard tone.

You sigh. 'Seriously Odin, control your subordinates.' "So what? Are you going to beat me until I join?"

"Nothing so crude." She smirks, assuming a combat stance. "We fight. If I win, you will become my subordinate!"

[] Write-in.

Omake - 11
I know the vote won't win, but... this deserves at least a mention.
Fight on bravely, Vote-chan! >:D

Omake: "The Lost Bet"

She lay prostrated before Issei, breathing heavily and looking utterly defeated.
"Hah...hah. Fine. You win, bastard."
She slowly stood up.
"I guess... hah... even with everything I did, men are still..." she mumbled.

Issei couldn't just let that go. A young girl's dreams- that was something he would defend to his dying breath.
"Stop. Don't dishonor all the effort you put into training by giving up after a simple loss."
Unexpectedly, she almost exploded with anger.
"A simple loss?! Hah... I didn't stand a chance! You basically played with me, never even breaking a sweat, Nidhogg, and you expect me to just-"

His raised hand stopped her mid-rant.
"No! What I'm saying is, don't trivialize it our fight by making it about our gender difference," the Solar shook his head, "you are strong. Never doubt that. And I'll look forward to any further rematches."

As Issei stretched his hand towards her for a handshake, Kisara couldn't help the feeling of reverence that grew in her. This guy, he really was...

"And don't forget your earlier promise either."
Of course, a guy had to preserve his own dreams as well.

Kisara's hopes crashed and burned, the respect rapidly dwindling.
"What? You can't expect me to possibly-" she started with an incredulous expression.
"Ah-ah-ah! A bet's a bet. You wouldn't be protesting if I was the one to lose, now would you?"
Issei was resolute, though. This was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and he would be a fool to squander it. A cat-loving girl with slitted eyes?
Yes, it was obviously a reward for his good deeds.

"But-"
"You promised."
"That's not-"
"Proomised."
"Alright, alright."
She took a deep breath and posed, closing her eyes in embarrassment.
"Onii-chama, can I go now~nyan?"
One eye cautiously opened and beheld the still form of Issei.
"How was it~nyan?"
Issei was still frozen, but he managed to get out:
"Hnng. Too... much... moe."
Finally, he relaxed.

"Yes, that's all. But remember, unless you talk like that, I won't acknowledge you as my rival!"
"Issei, that's totally ridiculous and unfair!"
His eyebrow rose.
"What? Ugh, fine. Onii-chama, that's totally ridiculous and unfair~nyan... Oh, to hell with it. I hope to never see you again, asshole."
With that, she turned to exit the alley, though not before hearing his final words.
"It was all too short-lived, but I'll treasure this moment forever, Kisara."
"Go die in a ditch, pervert."

Hidden Base

"Mistress Kisara? Why is your face red?" Shiratori couldn't help but ask.
"We are never going after Nidhogg. Ever."
"But didn't Odin want to..."
"I said- we are not going to find him. If he joins Ragnarock, then I'm fucking out of there."
Her subordinate could only shrug and walk away, thus she never heard the last word.
"~Nyan."

Ryozanpaku - Part 8
You give her a deadpan look. "That's the same thing."

"No it's not! It's a bet!"

You sigh before a line from an anime jumps at the forefront of your mind and you smirk.

"You can't get something without offering something of equal value in exchange." You raise a finger, and suddenly she is the one with a confused expression. "I accept your challenge, but if you lose, you will not bother me with offers of joining Ragnarok ever again... Also, you won't tell your bosses that you saw me."

"Ah! Why not?" She smirks. "There is no way I am losing anyway."

"Confident. I like that." You put down your bags, step to the other side a little and assume a stance. "Shall we?"

"Here I co-"

[ATTENTION, ATTENTION!] A car passes near, a speaker on the top releasing a commercial announcement. [TODAY AT THE LOCAL ZOO IS 'CAT'S DAY'!] Kisara stiffens. [CATS OF ALL RACES AND AGES WILL BE AVAILABLE TO INTERACTION WITH THE PUBLIC. ONLY FOR TODAY! FREE TICKETS FOR THE FIRST 100 VISITORS! HURRY UP BEFORE THEY END!]

Beads of sweat starts appearing on Kisara's face. Honestly, she looks like someone caught in a big moral dilemma. "...Shall we?" You try again, unsure about what is going on.

"Ah..."

[ALL THE KITTENS YOU CAN HUG! ONLY FOR TODAY!]

"Nyaaa!" She goes stiff like a statue before waving her hand with an embarrassed, and beet red, face. "Oh no! I suddenly remembered that I promised my dear, dear grandmother I would help her today with the shopping! I would love to continue our fight, but I can't leave my dear, dear grandmother who can't walk very well to drag around horribly heavy bags without help, can I? Can I" She stresses the last words, and you can't help but dumbly nod. "Let's postpone the match, okay?"

"...Yes?"

"Perfect! Bye!" And with that she bolts out of the alley, running so fast that she leaves a cloud of dust in her wake.

"..." You stare at her disappearing figure.

[What...just happened?]

"I...have no idea." You wrack your head searching for a possible explanation, only to come up with blanks. "Maybe it's that time of the month for her?"

----

What awaits you at your return is an almost unusual scene.

The Elder dozing off on a massage chair? Curious but understandable.

Kenichi powering said machine by running on a tapis roulant, ropes binding his limbs on the back of the massage chair? Less so.

(link)

"Interesting contraption." You comment.

"It's one of my hobbies." Koetsuji-san says with pride. "I'm in charge of Ken-kun's physical training-What's the matter? The speed has dropped!" He chastises Kenichi by whipping his butt.

"HIIIIIIIAAAA!! If you want me to speed up, it'd be nice if you could reduce the weights!!"

"If I reduce the weights then we wouldn't be training your [Soutenshu]." Koetsuji-san gleefully chuckles. "Kensei asked me to have you do this 10,000 times today."

"10'000 IT'S TOO MUCH!!"

"Is it?" You ask aloud. "It's been awhile since I did anything less than that."

"See Kenichi? Take example from your sempai." He turns to look at you. "You must have dedicated teachers Hyodo-kun."

"Yee..aah, I suppose you can call them that." You rolls your eyes. "One doesn't know how to hold back, another is a former hooligan and the last one is too damn enthusiastic with his job...Now that I think about it you and him are similar Koetsuji-san. He too uses machines he built himself to train me." Even if they're honest-to-god ninja Sith robots.

"Oh? Sounds like an interesting person. I would like to meet him."

"He is away for work at the moment, but I would gladly arrange a meeting if you want."

That's when a big guy in monk's robes lands unconscious on Kenichi, destroying Koetsuji-san's machine.

"...Need help?"

"That would be appreciated, yes."

----

"So, what does Ryonzanpaku teach?" You ask the Elder while eating Anmitsu made by Miu-san. "I saw Kenichi practicing Karate, Ju-Jitsu and also Kempo."

"Each Master has his or her own specialty." Furinji-san explains while eating his granddaughter's dessert with gusto. "For Akisame Jujitsu, for Shio is Karate, for Kensei is Kempo, for Apachai is Muay Thai while Shigure has her own Kosaka style, who is said to have mastery above all manners of weapons."

"And you Elder?"

"Me?" He laughs boastfully. "In my youth I was a little too temperamental to learn, so I developed my own style! Since I never lost a battle they used to call me the [Invincible Superman]!"

'Prideful much?' "So Kenichi is learning all that?" You ask, impressed by your junior's determination and fervor.

"Beside mine and Shigure's styles. The first because it's a family secret, and the second...well, truth be told Ken-chan is terrified of weapons."

"Eh? How so?"

"You don't think weapons are scary?" He raises an eyebrow.

"If I were to be scared, it would be of the one holding the weapon." You shake your head. "One of my friends is an accomplished swordsman, I learned a lot from him." You tap your chin. "And it was me who asked him to go as hard as he could on me. So...I can't really complain?"

"Ahahahaha!" The Elder laughs even harder. "I wish Ken-chan would have even a quarter of your spirit Hyodo-kun! Say..." He grins. "While you're here, would you like to learn together with Kenichi?"

On the other side of the room Shigure's head appears upside down from the hole left by a removed ceiling's panel.

"Sure! Personally I am interested in-"

[] Karate
[] Kempo
[] Jujitsu
[] Muay Thai
[] Weapons
[] Write-in

Ryozanpaku - Part 9
[X] Weapons
----

"I would like to continue helping Kosaka-san with her weapons research, and if possible I don't mind spending my time sparring with a weapons master." If in the future you happen to acquire a Legendary Weapon (in RPG the heroes' party finds a lot of them, right?) or something similar you need to know how to use it.

Still upside down Shigure does a fist-bump.

"So can I-WOAH!" Your body jumps to the side, once again evading a surprise attack with another chain. "Kosaka-san! Please stop attacking me from-!"

Another chain, you realize it was hidden in the shadow of the first one, coils around your leg and you're dragged inside the ceiling. "THIS IS AZAZEL-SENSEI'S TRAINING ALL OVER AGAAAAAA-!"

The Elder laughs even louder.

----

The Next Day

"See you in a few days." You give your goodbyes and end the call.

'It's a pity.' Since the dojo is a paradise for martial artists you tried to call Koneko to ask if she was interested in formal lessons. Only to discover than the whole peerage is on high-alert because a Stray Devil took residence in the town. Compared to last time this one was smart so, instead of showing himself, he is releasing Chimaeras and other artificial creatures. The creatures you fought before leaving town were also his, so Mittelt, Shougo, Eiko and Asia are helping Rias driving the Stray out.

Everyone is busy even without you. Oh well, it doesn't seem they need your help. That's a good thing.

"Coffee?" The Elder hands to you a steaming cup.

You take it. "Thanks Furinji-san. I need it."

"Did you not sleep properly?"

"I didn't sleep at all." You drink it in one go. "Kosaka-san kept me up all night."

The Elder starts laughing (you know he is aware of the real meaning of your words). Blood shoots out of Kensei's nostrils. Sasaki spits the beer he was drinking. The latter opens his mouth.

"Seriously, beer in the morning?" And shuts it at your words. You can't help a sly grin forming on your lips. "We trained. T-R-A-I-N-E-D. You can't just explode every time someone say a few misleading words."

"Chè!" Sasaki gives you the evil eye. "You're a cheeky little brat."

"Guilty as charged." You chuckle.

"You shouldn't tease Uncle Sasaki Hyodo-san." A little girl with black hair slightly chastises you from where she's playing Othello with Apachai. Her name is Honoka, Kenichi's little sister. You met her a few hours ago, and quickly discovered she's a little hellion.

She's also monstrously good at Othello. You know you're not exactly as expert, but she kept defeating you in less than a minute no matter how many times you tried!

Even more shocking is that Apachai is just behind her in ability.

"Thanks Honoka-chan." Sasaki smiles at her.

Honoka grins. "He doesn't show it but he has a big, bleeding and sensible heart. He will cry if you keep teasing him."

"WHAT?!" The roughish martial artist roars. "CRY! ME? NEVER!!"

"Please don't make a commotion." Akisame huffs while scrolling through his newspaper.

"This place is so lively." You comment. "I am almost envious." Almost: your home is quickly turning into something similar. "Speaking of which, where is Shirahama-san?"

"Well..." Akisame plays with his mustache.

A short explanation later...

"What? He ran away?" You repeat, not quite believing what you just heard.

"Don't let him run away..." Shigure-san's head pops from behind a corner. "While I am busy..."

A ninja. Whoever the ancestors of the Kosaka were, you are sure they were ninja.

"It's because everyone puts him through such cruel training." Apachai says with teary eyes. Surely he's exaggerating.

"Leave him alone, I am sure he will come back on his own."

"That wouldn't do." You interrupt Akisame. "Shirahama-san shouldn't skip training. I am sure he is just feeling a little down. If you tell me where I can find him, I promise I will convince to come back on his own, with also his usual determination back at full force."

The Masters look at themselves.

"Why not?" The Elder grins.

"This will be fun." Akisame comments.

"I can show you Oni-chan's school." Honoka raises her hand. "I have to go somewhere, and the school is on the way."

"Thanks you Honoka-chan. Please lead the way."

----

Later you find yourself before Kōryō High School, the place where Kenichi study as a First Year. Maybe you were spoiled by Kuoh, but...it's large yes, but it's so plain.

[Isn't the test to be allowed into Kuoh ultra hard? I always wondered why you chose such a difficult school.]

'For the high girls-to-boys ratio.' You shamelessly admit.

[...Why did I ever asked? And how did you pass the test?]

? I studied like a damned soul, constantly repeating [this is for the oppai!] over and over in my head.'

[Gah! What kind of inhuman sex drive do you have?! What is this, a power-up caused by perversion?]

'Don't be ridiculous.' You shake your head in bemusement. 'We aren't in an eroge, and neither I am a harem comedy manga protagonist.'

[You want a harem.]

'A real one. Now hush, I need to decide the best method to contact Kenichi. Classes are about to end, so I need to find him before he goes home.

[] Write-in.

Omake - 12
thanks for the welcome

all right here are ideas for meeting Belladonna Blake, Weiss Schnee, Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos.

Belladonna Blake:

Ah Kyoto...

one of the greatest cultural sites in japan.

any trip to the former capital of japan is enlightening if you know the right places and people.

none more so then a school trip to the kiyomizu temple.

those thoughts go through your head, about how a school trip to kyoto should be...

not the pair of sandals currently smashed in your face.

"take this Khaos Brigade!" a juvenile voice shouts as she leaps off your face and attempts to attack you again.

attempts being the key word.

it was almost comical watching her windmill her arms as you hold her back with one palm on her forehead.

wait what was that she said about the brigade? But before you can ask another person joins the scene.

"Kunou-ojousama you can't run off like that with your mother gone like she is-What is going on! who are you!"

instantly the little girl is gone. looking to the side you see the girl being held by another girl.

young woman would be more accurate. while most likely in her mid to late teens she was a sight to behold. with the proportions similar, if slightly less than Rias, her body was compact and athletic, similar to Xenovia's, her hair was a midnight black and her eyes a feral amber. she was dressed in near skintight corset/waistcoat that emphasized her tank-top covered Oppai and held up her smooth black stockings, you would call those grade A Zettai Ryouiki if her matching biker shorts didn't make a complete seal. the last thing he noticed was the bow on top of her head that seemed to twitch. looking back you should have realized that it wasn't a bow, just like you should have realised that she was a neko like Koneko; though you can be forgiven for not figuring out that she was a hanyo

Nora Valkyrie:

you sigh as you walk back home with extra groceries for the feast to welcome the Norse faction. you had volunteered to get the necessary ingredients but due to the nature of the foreign dishes you had to go out of the way to procure them. while you did manage to avoid the chaos of the preparations you are late.

walking back on the main road you notice something out of the corner of your eye.

looking closer you see a pair of panties under a skirt.

wait what.

looking back you can see a pretty girl curled up, clutching her stomach.

however that was not what caught you attention... nor her panties, you are not Vali

she was dressed in western Armour, her cuirass was broken into a 'corset' and a 'breastplate' obviously modified to accommodate for her well developed chest. below that she wore a pink armored skirt tied at the back with a green ribbon in a neat bow. even further she wore armored boots that went up to her knees, partially covering her Grade A Zettai Ryouiki. on her arms she wore fingerless gloves with armored grieves.

her face were scrunched up in what you assume pain, you go over to help her. when you are within two paces the orangette instantly bolts up, a strange look in her sky blue eyes.

"that smell... FOOD!" instantly she draws a warhammer that lay in the shadows. "Hahaha. Magical Valkyrie Nora Sifsdaughter will be your opponent, if I will you will hand over all that yummy things that you have."

...well at least now you have an excuse as to why your late.

Weiss Schnee and Pyrrha Nikos part 1:

for some reason that you can not remember you are attending a high class gathering with other high class people.

it is utterly boring.

sighing as you pick up some sort of alcoholic cocktail you move onto the balcony where you see her

her visage is breath taking under the moonlight. dressed in a white ball room gown she just seemed to glow. her white hair and ice blue eyes complemented each other as she looks down on you.

trying to strike up a conversation you say "To what ever we're gathered here for" as you held up your drink.

you manage to get her to smirk, "not how I would put it but yes, a toast to the foundation" she says as she clinks her glass with yours. before she brings it to her lips she asks, "What say you Pyrrha?"

sensing another presence you turn to see another woman in a red business suit. she had an attractive figure, not as voluptuous as some of the girls you know but above average, while her red hair and green eyes were a sight to behold her exotic tan was what made most attractive. he could tell from experience that this tan was from long intense work in the sun, more over the way she held herself was that of a warrior, a great warrior, the kind out of a myth.

quirking you lip you say "Indeed" before you down your own drink.

Weiss Schnee and Pyrrha Nikos part 2:

grunting as you move too a different section of the battlefield you can not help but curse Khaos Brigade. this offensive was completely unexpected. as you send Mooks flying you come face to face with a familiar face, or rather two.

scything through various ranks of your allies was Weiss and Pyrrha. they were dressed differently. expected because this was a battlefield.

Weiss was garbed in an odd blue and white dress that gave a familiar vibe, that of an Magnus. having learned learned how to differentiate Magnus from normal sacred gears from Blake you know that if the two of you fight it will not end well. Ddraig confirms, it is [Famine's cloak] it would drain vitality from it's surroundings and those near it. she also wielded a saber with deadly precision you doubt it is a mass production holy or demonic sword but you also doubt that it is any thing weaker then a sacred gear.

Pyrrha on the other hand was donned in bronze and red leather Armour that looked to be modified to look Grecian. in her right hand a great shield that seemed to shrug off what ever hit it, and in her left hand was a blood red mechanical weapon that changes rapidly, from short sword to javelin to a freakin anti Armour riffle. what was most aw inspiring and terrifying was the aura she was cloaked in. it was an unmistakable synergy, she possessed three Magnus of War.

Ddraig was right to classify the two of them as abnormal existences.

Omake: what if Pyrrha did not become Weiss' bodyguard

you groan as you try to sit up, that clinches it you would never get drunk again.

you freeze as you feel a blade touching the nape of your neck.

"What are thou doing on these Isles Man" a female voice in a tone that told him that she will kill him if he did not give a satisfactory answer.

"well could you tell me where here is, last thing I remember is getting drunk when someone spiked the punch" you say as you prepare for action

"this is themiscyra, and what 'punch' doth thou speak of?"

themiscyra? sound familiar... wasn't that-

"THE ISLES OF THE AMAZONS?!?!" you shout as you shoot upright then jump forward to avoid a strike that would have decapitated you.

looking at the girl who held you captive you could not help but blush. her armour was made of bronze and red leather, it honestly looked like a corset, pushing up her glorious oppai and showing off her slim waist before flaring out into an armored skirt that dropped to her knees. below that she wore knee length sandals. on her arms she wore gauntlets that, to my keen eye, looked miss matched to her main armour. on her back was a great shield and in her hands was a blood red mechanical spear. her red hair and green eyes complimented her exotic tan. it was expected if this really was the homeland of the amazons.

"Name thyne self Man, and prepare to fall at the spear of Pyrrha Nikos"

"Well shit" you mutter in disbelief, "How hard could this be?" famous last words

here you go 4 scenarios plus an omake based on those scenarios.

Belladonna Blake: Neko Hanyo that is the ninja bodyguard of Kunou and wielder of Pestilence's Magnus

Nora Sifsdaughter: Valkyrie accompanying Odin, she is the daughter of Thor and Sif with her own Mjolnir

Weiss Schnee: a backer of Khaos Brigade and wielder of Famine's Cloak and a second sacred gear that takes the form of her canon Myrtenaster

Pyrrha Nikos: Amazon bodyguard of Weiss and wielder of three of War's Magnus

tell me what you think of these

Omake - 13
You were brushing your yuki-onna's,Christie's, fur making sure it was pristine as fresh fallen snow and sighed once more. That boy, Hyoudou Issei, he was just so...gah it was just so unfair!

Seriously! A dragon and he has a yatagarasu as a familiar. Totally unfair, you couldn't get more unfair than that. He even had the gall to refuse your gracious invitation to join the tennis club! You sigh yet again as you remember him fleeing from your offer. Was rias-senpai really that great? I mean sure she has that super model figure, but you were no slouch either. Why you were even awarded most beautiful tamer 3 times in a row!

Maybe..Maybe you just came on too strong? But wouldn't issei's pervert nature make him choose you and the tennis club? ugh why are people so complicated?!? You would have even helped him have that stupid harem dream he used to spout off before he changed!

Your lamia, harpy, mermaid, yuki-onna and dullahan all get closer to as they sense your frustrations. you reach out and start to smooth out your harpies feather while getting out more pet supplies for the rest. Maybe you had issei all wrong? He did save you before he became such a hottie. He was a pervert but he never did force himself on the girls, other than the occasional peeking. mu...

AH! you got it. Appeal to his desire to save someone. hmm maybe stage a fight with one of your dad's beast? No to risky! You saw the rumored video of him turning into a dragon. So majestic, so powerful, so passionate! Your heart beats even faster as you flush remembering issei carrying you bridal style. Abe Hyoudou! kyaaaa!

You cover your face as you roll on your bed too embarassed at the mental image in your mind. You have to do something otherwise Rias will get her hooks into him, or the pervert kiriyuu, even asia and that new first year mittlet were seen going home with issei. nononono, were you too late!?!

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts, you winning the league of beast tamers. issei proposal, honeymoon....kyaa!

You are finishing cleaning out the tennis clubs equipment shed. Honestly of all the days for the rest of the girls to come down with the flu. hmph! no matter it means more time for you to ogle observe issei and maybe get closer to him.....a kiss..kyaa! You cover your face again at the embarrassing image that won't leave your mind. You had it bad even if you wouldn't admit it out loud.

You stop fantasizing when you notice rias approaching issei. you growl slightly in jealousy as she shamelessly flirts with him. He moves closer to her and whispers something and your heart feels like its about to burst as rias blushes and playfully slaps his arm. No! Issei you mustn't fall for her ojou-sama charms!

You spent double the time this morning making lunch than usual. Normally you would make honda and Christie's food first since it took the longest but not today. No! Today would be your first step to capturing Issei! If taming beast has taught you anything its that food is the best way to a beast's heart! Surely this must apply to Hyoudou!

Ouchie! you let out a cute cry of pain as you once again cut your finger while daydreaming of issei. Honestly how much will that man make you suffer. But you can't blame him. Those handsome roguish charms, that feverish passion that burns whenever he speaks that yatagarasu. You must have him! You finish boxing up his meal and begin working on your lovely pets food even as they stare at you like you've gone crazy.

You nervously wait outside issei's class waiting for him to come out so you can have lunch together. You can already picture him praising you for such a fine banquet and propose to you in gratitude. kyaa! Your face flushes once more. ah there he is... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Those harpies! They brought him each a boxed lunch! Rias, mittlet, asia, even koneko and Akeno!

N-no way....You heart shatters as tears threaten to spill from your eyes as you run down the hallway to the large tree in the courtyard. STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! You should have gotten to him earlier. Now those women have fed him he'll never want to eat your bento. WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR! you yell out to the heavens.

"Abe-sempai?"

Your head whips toward the sound and there he is! The sun glistens off his face as he stares at you, concern radiating off him. All this as the sun shines behind him, making him look like an angel of beauty incarnate. kyaa! So handsome, so majestic! Your face heats up as your heart begins pounding like crazy!

"I-issei-kun! W-w-what are you doing here?" You quickly say cursing yourself for stuttering as you play with your hair making sure its perfect. gah where is a mirror when you need one !?!

"I saw you run off crying. Did someone try to hurt you again? Don't worry I'll protect you sempai!" he smiles that heart stealing smile as your heart kicks into overtime. Your mind short circuiting for moment as you try to come up with a response.

"N-n-nothing important Issei-kun." you fidget with the bento in your hand. "I-I made too much this morning a-and thought you might be a bit hungry, and I needed to apologize to you for last time we met and... you have already gotten those bentos so dont worry about it." you rush out the last bit as you can't stand to look at his face knowing he might reject you.

All of a sudden he sits down next to you and gently takes the bento from your trembling hands.

"hmm delicious Abe-Sempai! I have to go train later today so I'll need all the energy i can get! Thank you!" He smiles that lovely smile yet again and you feel your heart burst. He liked it! He accepted it! You feel like climbing to the highest mountain and proclaim "Abe epic win!" but you control that urge and smile sweetly to him while wiping away some of the tears on your face.

"I-its no problem Issei-kun. I got up earlier today to make food and I j-just happened to make too much." No stupid mouth. You wanted to confess to him!

"Ah then I am lucky indeed!" kyaa that smile! "Oh that reminds me senpai, I remember when we first met you couldn't bring out your beast to help protect you and I sorta came up with something to help you with that. Now I apologize in advance if it seems to nerdy but I had to get the inspiration from somewhere and it was on tv at the time. i'm rambling aren't I?" He rubs his head as he winks apologetically. How can he be so cute and handsome at the sametime! Too overpowering, your heart can't take much more of this!

He slowly takes out some sphere like objects from his bag and he hands them too you. NO WAY! Pokeballs? Honest to god pokeballs? "Now These don't work exactly like an actual pokeball, I'm still not good enough to actual compress space and time into an object yet, but these will allow you to summon any beast that is tied to one no matter how far away they are. It takes only a few seconds for the magic to build but now you definitely will be safer...um sempai?"

You hug him and just press your face to his shoulder so he wouldn't see you cry tears of happiness! He smells good, like a mountain after it rained with the sun shining. Maybe, just maybe, you still had a chance to win his heart. Maybe even a great chance if that rumor of issei being into buxom blondes is true!

"Thank you Issei-kun! These are amazing! I couldn't be happier!" He smiles yet again as he pats your head and your heart protest at such mistreatment as your stomach flips around in loops. Abe epic win! Abe VICTORY! "I love you Issei-kun" You slightly whisper making sure he doesn't hear you as you snuggle into his chest some more.

"Your welcome Abe-sempai! It was my first work at crafting items so I wasn't sure how if you'd like them. But I'm glad that you do!" He starts to separate from you as the bell signals lunch is over. You definitely must do this again! Being embraced by issei, you'll never get enough.

"Call me Kiyome-chan Issei. I think you deserve that much!" You quickly say giving him a peck on the cheek as you run off completely embarrassed but oh so happy!

omake time over. This thread has slowed down a bit recently and i know just the cure! Grade A Tsundere with 50% more dere! I love kiyome abe's character and my muse decided to oblige as i reread the story. Hopefully some of this gets made canon in this quest.

now let the likes and XP flow! O:)

seriously so moe!

HS_DxD_Manga_Side_Story_Life.4_Abe_img2.png

Ryozanpaku - Part 10
noahgab1133 said:

1168914719515.jpg

+1 Xp to Noah.

[X] Take advantage of your bishie looks and ask the girls around school where Kenichi can usually be found.
----

Well, you're a bishonen now (the power of an Exaltation is amazing!) so why don't use it?

----

"Excuse me..."

"Yaaah! He talked to me!" She faints.

----

"Can I ask you..."

"Die you good-looking bastard!" He tries to punch you.

----

"Sorry to disturb you..."

"Noooo! Younger boys are NO GOOOODDD!" You quickly walk away from the bespectacled teacher.

----

"I feel for Kiba. What has the world come to?" You lean your head against the wall. "Why I can't have a normal conversation without people freaking out?"

[Well...] Ddraig sticks out his tongue. [Maybe it's something in the water?]

The hell.

{Those mortals are simply unable to withstand the glory of a Solar Exalted. Ignore them, you don't need their help.}

'Except, I need their help!'

"Uhm, excuse me?" Someone says. You tilt your head and see a couple of school girls, one with glasses and the other with long hair. "We heard you are looking for Shirahama Kenichi...?"

Fast as the wind you take their hands in yours. "You know where he is? Please tell me!"

They blush. "A-A-Ah-! We-We heard he's friend with a weird guy who took over the old Physic Club's room for one of his projects. It's on the second floor-!"

"Thank you!" You shake their hands before running towards the stairs.

He's yours now.

----

"I am a little busy and I will have to move on to work." Nijima Haruo tells Kenichi, Ikki and Ukita. "Everyone, please re-"

Knock! Knock!

"I'm going." Kenichi replies absentmindedly, still glad he managed to avoid Miu for the day. He opens the door.

And then bolts for the nearest window. Before he can reaches him an incredibly good-looking boy the other three never saw before tackles him to the ground. "No escape!" Hyodo Issei shouts while taking out a robe and tying Kenichi's limbs. "Kosaka-style, Rope Technique!"

"H-Hyodo-san! How did you find me!?" Kenichi is hysterical. "Wait- Kosaka-style? Since when-!"

"Kosaka-san is a very good teacher!" He grins.

"Hey! What are you doing to Kenichi?" Ikki and Ukita stands up.

"Be at ease!" The two ex-delinquents stops, as if they are hold back by an invisible pressure. "I come from Kenichi's dojo. He skipped his training and must go back!"

As the boy named Hyodo launches in a monologue to prove the veracity his claims Nijima Haruo's eyes start shinning. He feels it, the new arrival is strong, very strong. If he could convince him to join the Shimpaku Alliance he will become a great asset.

'Niijima Eye!' While the others are busy he uses his special scanning technique.

And freeze. Haruo doesn't move, he doesn't blink. He doesn't even breath.

If he makes even the smaller rumor he will be eaten.

It's a dragon.

His scales glow crimson and golden, as if someone trapped sunlight into physical form and drenched it in blood. His eyes and maw are like the entrance to the core of a star.

Haruo doesn't move. And while he doesn't move he understand.

This...is out of his league.

----

"You should have told me Shirahama-san!" You pat the other boy on the back. "Of course friends are important! They're a reasonable excuse for having a break."

"Y-Yeah..." He nervously laughs.

"But tomorrow we're going back to the dojo. Koetsuji-san repaired the [Massage Chair Special] and now it works even better!"

He cringes. Uhm, maybe he prefers to do something more serious? You can arrange that.

"So, how do you two know each other?" The blond tanned guy, Ikki, asks.

"I am running an errand for associates of Kenichi's Masters. I'm-"

"Done!" Nijima claps his hands together. "With this, we'll definitely increase the number of followers!" He shows you the screen. "What do you think?"

(link)

"Uh..." You blink in contemplation as the others beat Nijima down. "Honestly? It's like the homepage of a cult."

"He's right!" Kenichi punches. "Quit making weird stuff."

Blin!

"Oh, a mail."

"WAHAHAHA!" Haruo slips out like a eel and sits in front of the computer. "It says: [I am an officer of Ragnarok and they call me Loki]-What! Loki?!"

"For real? It is really Loki from Ragnarok?" Ukita shouts.

"Ragnarok, as Ragnarok the gang?" You ask Ikki. "Why are you freaking out?"

"Why? They're our enemies! They're after us!"

'Oh?...Ah I see.' You nod. 'Clearly this [Shimpaku] is like Ragnarok, a heaven for young martial artists. And right now they're competing for the title of the strongest between them. And they look so intense, it seems it's really a battle of life and death.'

[...He got it wrong. He got it totally wrong.]

{Leave him be. It's his fault for misunderstanding the reality of facts.}

"Kenichi, he says he's waiting for you at the abandoned church on Block Three and to come alone. You've gotta be kidding me. It's a trap, don't go Kenichi."

"Found it." You type on your cellphone. "Let's go! It's time to put your training on test! Show them your spirit Shirahama-kun!"

"Sempai!?!" Kenichi's eyes are teary.

"Wait." Haruo stops you. "There's an attached file." He opens it.

It's a photo of Honoka-chan, tied up and biting on an arm with a glove identical, save for the number, to the one worn by Kisara.

Below it's written: [DO YOU CARE WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR SISTER?]

Your face loses all emotion, becoming a mask of stone.

[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 11
Kidnapping girls.

KIDNAPPING GIRLS.

You are shaken out of the mental haze as Kenichi takes the phone in your hand, the screen displaying the fastest route to the abandoned church, and run out of the room. His friends follow after him.

Your face morph into a sneer of absolute fury.

Right, so where was this place and who's skull do you have to bash in again?

The window of the Shimpaku's room shatters as you smash through it and land on the ground without damage before starting running at your maximum speed where you remember the church is located.

[Partner!]

Lied to you. That fucking Odin lied to you! "Gangs should deal with gangs. Fighters should fight only other fighters" your ass!

[Partner!]

They're gonna pay. Odin and Loki, you will beat the shit out of them break their bones fucking kill the-

[Partner!!!]

A wave of Dragon Energy throbs through you, triggering a partial transformation of your legs' muscles into dragon's. The change is so sudden than you lose control and crash into a wall before falling down.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" You roar, uncaring of who may hear you.

[CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!] Ddraig roars back. [By the Dragon God, listen to your own thoughts! If you keep up this pace you're going to kill those Ragnarok guys. And before you answer back tell me: are you aware of the consequences, and if they truly deserve it?]

"..."

[Well?]

You push yourself up with both hands. And then start bashing your head on the ground. Repeatedly.

'Okay, I am calmer now.' Face covered in blood, the self-inflicted wounds fizzle and close. 'I am still completely mad, but I think I can manage avoid scarring them for life now.'

[Get a hold of yourself. I know it is hypocritical of me, I don't really care about other lives, but as your friend I am not going to let you ruin your life. Do you know what happen when a Boosted Gear possessor choose destruction? Countries end.]

'...I owe you.' You start running again.

[I will collect my debt when I feel like it then.] You can picture the god-like dragon smirking.

{Done? Good, it was pathetic.}

Of course, the god-queen must always have the last word.

It's as you keep running, having almost catching up with Kenichi, than you notice Sasaki-san and Koetsuji-san following him on the rooftops. With a couple of fast jumps you reach them and get on their side.

"You're here too, cheeky brat?" Sasaki throws you a quick glance.

"We noticed Kenichi is ready for a fight." Akisame comments. "Do you know against who and why?"

"Ragnarok, a gang." You grit your teeth. "They took Honoka-chan hostage."

Instantly their expressions darken and the air around them grows heavier. "Kenichi's sister got involved?" Sasaki says. "Tsk! What should we do Akisame?"

"Masters don't interfere in their disciples' fights. Because we are here, if a crisis arises we can help at anytime. If Kenichi can handle it, it's better than he does it himself."

"An interesting philosophy." You comment. "Sadly I am not a Master and I have no obligation to meet, so I am going to help Shirahama-kun."

"And we aren't going to stop you from doing it." Akisame smirks, soon copied by Sasaki.

----

The abandoned church is just as the name says: an old, decrepit building that doesn't saw human presence in a long time. It's even more worn down than the one where you fought Raynare. There is even a park behind it.

(link)

You and the Masters land on a tree's branch, just as Kenichi steps past the old cancel and meets a guy dressed all in black with a hood.

"Where's Honoka!? Hermit!!" Kenichi shouts.

[Hermit]? Obviously a codename. It seems Kenichi knows him. He's alone, so maybe...there is no one guarding Honoka?

[] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.
[] Sneak into the church, with every probability Honoka is kept inside.
[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 12
[X] Stand and watch more, maybe you will learn something important.
----

As much as it irks you, charging ahead without a plan would only worsen the situation. You are sure you and the masters were not detected, but it would change quickly if you start moving around: after all you don't have any experience in stealth.

You slow your breath and relax, focusing on the fight below. It's probable this Hermit is working together with Loki, so if you wait there are good probabilities than he will show up sooner and later.

You watch as Kenichi and Hermit start fighting, the former using various moves from different martial arts while the latter...you aren't sure about the style, but you think it's Chinese. The way he moves his arms while keeping them always extended seems awkward, but it's useful to hit the opponent from a distance.

"It seems the hood guy is a long distance specialist. Grapple him and his attacks are slow. It looks like the match is settled." Sasaki comments.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Akisame lets his friend takes a beer from the bag of food he keeps in his arms. "In this fight Kenichi-kun has a handicap."

"...The [Hollow Truth]?"

"Heh. So you noticed?"

[Hollow Truth]? If you aren't wrong, it's a term used to name the philosophy of feints... 'I see.' You realize as Hermit turns the table and starts overpowering Kenichi. 'Kenichi doesn't make use of feints. At all. This put him at a disadvantage against those who use them, and it makes his fighting style easy to analyze and counter. However...'

You smirk.

'A person who fight for the sake of someone he loves...cannot lose!'

----

(the fight happens as canon: I am too tired to rewrite it)

The match is short but eventful. You heard Hermit's story about how he lost his sister and hopes for a happy family because of deceit, which makes you clench your fists in anger, and how Kenichi keeps standing up and fighting, which meet your complete approval. He says Hermit isn't the one who kidnapped Honoka, so for now you will believe him: you wouldn't put it past Loki to have manipulated Hermit too.

"That's far enough."

Finally. Your gaze hardens, and barely suppressing your killer intent you turn around towards the church. There, sitting on a balcony, is Loki. With Honoka tied in front of him.

"Don't move Shirahama. Or, don't you care what happen to your sister?"

"ONI-CHAN!"

"HO..HONOKA!!"

They're focused on each other. You will have a couple of seconds to act before they notice you.

[] Write-in.

Ryozanpaku - Part 13 & Link to New Thread
"Wish me good luck." You whisper.

"Eh." Sasaki grins like a shark. "Don't disappoint us, brat!"

Bark shatters under your feet as you streak forward on wings of wind via Soaring Whirlwind Sprint.

Loki hears your approach several instants too late. "Wha-Ough!" You plow feet-first into his face, wrapping an arm around Honoka as you go flying off the edge of the balcony. With a graceful tumble you land gently on the ground, your passenger none the worse for wear. The same can't be said for Loki, who goes tumbling into a hedge, his broken nose bleeding profusely and the rest of his face rapidly turning into one giant foot-shaped bruise.

"Loki-sama!" The girl with him goes to help him.

"Who are you?" Hermit eyes you warily.

"H-Hyodo-san?" Kenichi's face brightens.

"Hyodo-niisan!" Honoka exclaims happily.

"Me." You grin cockily before starting to untie the ropes. "Sorry for the wait, but I had one shot and I wanted to make it counts."

"W-Who dare-?" Loki stands, one hands over his nose. His eyes widen behind his glasses. "N-Nidhogg?! What are you doing here?"

"Helping a friend, saving an innocent-" You count out. "And, most of all, stopping a cowardly asshole who resorted to kidnap!"

"That's right!" Honoka shouts. "Filthy coward! Sneaky rascal! Scoundrel! Rat!"

"Grrr! Hermit, gets him! Shirahama is on his last legs. Together we can defeat both!"

"That is, unless they receive help."

The group composed of Nijima, Ikki, Ukita and Miu steps forward, ready to battle. Except for Nijima, who for some reason looks like he's on his last leg.

"Feh..couldn't those useless shadows of mine have kept them away for then more minutes?!"

"So, you still think you can defeat all of us?" You taunt him. "Just a moment Honoka-chan, I am almost done." You finally undone the knot. "Here!"

"Thank you Hyodo-niichan!"

"Now go-"

[Partner! DOOODGE!!!]

You automatically react at Ddraig's urgency. You wrap your arms around Honoka and use Soaring Whirlwind Sprint again to get as far away as possible.

Just in time for a bright orange cloud erupting out of nowhere to cover the area with the others. You and Honoka barely escapes it.

"Onichan!? W-What is going on?" Honoka trembles. You want to know that yourself.

[This...is bad.]

'Ddraig?'

Sasaki and Koetsuji land on your sides, looking more serious than ever. "Chè! Of all the damn times.." Sasaki scowls. "Akisame, is what I think it is?"

"Yes. What a terrible timing. But to appear here, it's a bold one."

You don't understand what they're talking about, but know it is nothing good.

The cloud recedes as fast as it comes, letting you see what happened to the others. They are unconscious, but don't seem hurt. However their bodies are bound by thick roots growing out of the earth.

This...this isn't a natural occurrence.

"Aww, the best prey escaped. Oh well, I still got good appetizers."

A horrible distorted voice booms. The ground cracks and like a mole something massive comes out.

latest

Monstrous. That's the only way you can define it. Monstrous...and deadly.

'Ddraig? What the hell is that?!'

[A Youkai, partner. But not like those guys you fought a few days ago. This one is older...and way more dangerous.]

"H-Hyodo-nichan?" Honoka is trembling as she stares wide eyed at the monster. "What...is that..?"

"Something you shouldn't have never seen." You give her a reassuring hug before pushing her back. "I will explain later. Go take cover behind a shelter, possibly not a tree or another plant."

"B-But-!"

"Don't worry." You smile. "Me, Koetsuji-san and Sasaki-san will save Kenichi and the others. We will definitely do it."

She hesitates before shakily nods and run away.

"Appetizers? Surely you are not talking about the children?" Akisame asks calmly, but in truth killing intent is rolling off him in waves.

"Oh, but human flesh is just so tasty. The younger, the better."

It advances, vines bigger than a full grown man slithering like snakes.

"Sadly I don't have many occasions to taste it. Nowadays not many come around here. The last time was two months ago, when a pair of humans chose to sleep in the building."

You know it's impossible, but you can swear the maw...is stretching into a grin.

"But today, a big hunt! I will enjoy dissolving your bodies with the acid inside my stomach, and absorb all the tasty nutrients!"

"Not if we have anything to say." Faces twisted in total fury, the two Masters are ready to fight.

And obviously you can't fall behind. "Let's go! Boosted Ge-"

Crack

"Eh?" What was that rum-

CrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrackCrack

The armlets around your wrists twist and vibrate before fading away.

"Wha? Boosted Gear!" Nothing happens. "Boosted Gear! Boosted Gear!"

"Hyodo-kun, what's happening?"

"I-I don't know! I can use my Sacred Gear!" 'Ddraig, what's going on? Bright-sensei?'

Silence.

'Ddraig? Bright? Guys?'
Update!

Boosted Gear: DISABLED
Artifact Charms: DISABLED
Dragon Knacks: DISABLED

[] Write-in.

Personal Essence: 20/20
Peripheral Essence: 42/49

Willpower: 8/8

Health:
-0 [ ]