• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Alexander said:
Niiice. Is the effect cumulative (probably not, but one can hope)?
I don't think so. It could be interpreted either way, but I'm inclined to think that it only applies once per Limit gain.
On the other hand, super-sexy robot-girl assistant.

Alexander said:
(Wait. Violating Boundaries? Oh, poor Yukari)
More in the sense that he does the impossible.

My personal head canon is that Autocthton can even break one of the core limits in Exalted.

Namely the impossibility of time travel.

If Auto-kun ever dies then he will become the Neverborn known as the Engine of Extinction. The most dangerous and malevolent Neverborn given that it will actively try to kill all of Creation. Personally. Yeah. This Neverborn also carries Autobot's theme of Doing the Impossible. So much so that it is able to reach back in time and infect his past living self to kill Autocthton.

Yes, I think that his robocancer is his evil future self trying to bring about the bad end for the Great Maker. *shiver*

But that impossibility might work against the Engine as well. Parts of it might start to come back to life, kinda like a 'healing cancer thingy'. Which means that the EoE might have to actively kill parts of himself, or he could come back to life as Autocthton. And the other core conceit of Exalted is that there is no True Resurrection like in D&D or Marvel.

Is your head hurting yet?

Noctum said:
I don't think so. It could be interpreted either way, but I'm inclined to think that it only applies once per Limit gain.
On the other hand, super-sexy robot-girl assistant.
Yep yep :D
More in the sense that he does the impossible.

My personal head canon is that Autocthton can even break one of the core limits in Exalted.

Namely the impossibility of time travel.

If Auto-kun ever dies then he will become the Neverborn known as the Engine of Extinction. The most dangerous and malevolent Neverborn given that it will actively try to kill all of Creation. Personally. Yeah. This Neverborn also carries Autobot's theme of Doing the Impossible. So much so that it is able to reach back in time and infect his past living self to kill Autocthton.

Yes, I think that his robocancer is his evil future self trying to bring about the bad end for the Great Maker. *shiver*

But that impossibility might work against the Engine as well. Parts of it might start to come back to life, kinda like a 'healing cancer thingy'. Which means that the EoE might have to actively kill parts of himself, or he could come back to life as Autocthton. And the other core conceit of Exalted is that there is no True Resurrection like in D&D or Marvel.

Is your head hurting yet?
A little.

The Fived Maidens did something similar. They said Time Travel is impossible.

No one said anything about parallel timelines.

You know, reading this one has to wonder if the Solars are more the children of Auto-kun than of the UCS.

The urge to insert him in the story someway grows stronger. The meeting of him and Issei would be hilarious at least.

Remind me again why the Neverborn can't personally try to destroy Creation?

Last edited by a moderator:
their locked out of creation proper by their nature i think.

is anyone else getting ancy to see Issei meet the rest of the Masters?

Alexander said:
They're kinda-sorta-not-exactly asleep. "Death" is not something they can properly comprehend, so instead of just dying, or being awake and active like the EoE (Auto can comprehend it), they're sort of in a constant tortuous fugue state where they relive their deaths/failure over and over and over. The only things that leak out are their dreams (the Whispers), and their desire for it to all just end, which creates Oblivion.

Alexander said:
You know, reading this one has to wonder if the Solars are more the children of Auto-kun than of the UCS.
Both, in a way. Same with all the other Exalted.

Auto-kun provided the basic blueprints for how Exaltations work and function, and the various Incarna then put their own little twist on it, more or less. I think that is likely one of the reasons why it's possible (though not exactly easy) to alter Exaltations (as seen with the Abyssals/Infernals).
Because they're kinda dead. IIRC they can only act through agents, such as the Deathlords.

Kelenas said:
Both, in a way. Same with all the other Exalted.

Auto-kun provided the basic blueprints for how Exaltations work and function, and the various Incarna then put their own little twist on it, more or less. I think that is likely one of the reasons why it's possible (though not exactly easy) to alter Exaltations (as seen with the Abyssals/Infernals).
Okay, I'm sleepy so I am going to bed. I am just going to leave you with a question:

Why are only the Solar Exaltations who became the memetic "doing the impossible"?

Better yet: why the modified Exaltations are always Solar ones? I mean, wouldn't it be possible for Yozi/Neverborn to reconfigure Lunars/Sidereals/Terrestrials too?

Alexander said:
Okay, I'm sleepy so I am going to bed. I am just going to leave you with a question:

Why are only the Solar Exaltations who became the memetic "doing the impossible"?

Better yet: why the modified Exaltations are always Solar ones? I mean, wouldn't it be possible for Yozi/Neverborn to reconfigure Lunars/Sidereals/Terrestrials too?
Yes, it's possible. That's how Akuma is created.

The thing is, doing anything more than that requires them to have the Exaltation in it's raw form, which is really hard to do. For Sidereals, Lunars and Solars, they escape back to Lyteks cabinet, with the Yozi's being unable to catch them(they've tried), while the Dragon-blooded (and Alchemical) Exaltations self-destruct on death. The Solar Exaltations being sealed within the Jade Prison was basically the only time they got a shot at actually capturing the Exaltations for reconfiguring.

But other then that, nothing's stopping them. If they got the aid of the Elemental Dragons, they could reconfigure the Dragon-blooded, while if they gained access to Lytek's cabinet, they could alter the Sidereal and Lunar Exaltations. Of course, that's easier said then done.

Alexander said:
I keep forgetting what "full kubo" means, beside something worse than bad. Can you remind me?

A Full Kubo is defined as "when a situation has devolved to the point of absurdity, and every addition to it feels like someone's pulling bullshit out of his ass."

Basically, it's the plot of Bleach. And stuff like Naruto, where the author forgot that the protagonist was woefully underpowered compared to his opponents, so he pulled out the kage bunshin training, etc.

But don't worry, it was meant more as a joke. :p

Alexander said:
Because you need to get your hand on the Exaltions to modify them and all the Solar ones were conveniently all in the same place and completely unguarded.

Alexander said:
Tonight I had an extravagant idea. It involves about Radiant Dragon deciding to create a new type of Exaltation with Autochthon's (who he helped with his robocancer problem). With that he also enlisted the help of Ophis, Great Red and Gaia (after catching her in one of the rare moments when she returns to Creation and Luna).
Something to note, if they have access to Autocthon's Charms, they also have his cancer problems.

Odysseus2099 said:
Something to note, if they have access to Autocthon's Charms, they also have his cancer problems.

Alex mentioned that he was "Helped" with that problem, so by this point, he might not even have robocancer anymore.

that said, You're crafting a nice world here, I don't particularly want to leave it for creation. also, by this point we should have our essence-based-Evil-piece system in place. why would we need exaltations on top of that?

We don't need two separate ways to boost our followers. Even if, from a mechanics perspective, it makes us stronger, from a narrative point of view, it's redundant.

In my opinion the Solars are the memetic " do the impossible" exalt and the one that got corrupted the most for 3 reasons:

1) They are the "protagonist class" of the exalted, with the most splat and most detailed charm explanations.

2) When the Primordials think exalted, they think of the Solars because they where the strongest. This is becasue that is how they measure worth (it didn'y matter to them that all the dragonblooded combined could take down the 300 Solars). That was why they got the worst type of Great Curse.

3) While all exalts have the base catalyst created by Autocthon that lets them do the impossible, like the Primordials and Gods an exalts powers are effected by their themes:

- A DragonBlooded has the theme of the elemental dragons, which means that they can use energy attacks while most others cannot. They Also have the theme of being a large army, so their powers are set to work together better than other exalts.

- Lunars have themes of shape changing and madness. You can see this in their mental charms achieving there results thou obsession and similar methods.

-Sidereals have the whole "manipulate fate" and stack the deck. Their charms support this

- Solars however, have the ability to be excellent in a more general way. Solar's are also a) Powered by the Most Powerful god. b) That god has the domain of perfection and c) the exaltation has the violate the boundaries ability, which mix together (much like Issei's exaltation and Boosted Gear are) to mean that the violate the impossible with perfection.

Not by changing themselves into the impossible being (Lunars and Alchemical to a lesser extent), Stacking the Odds in they favor so it is impossible to lose (Sid's) or by channeling the elemental powers of the world to achieve the impossible (dragonblooded), Solars (and their derivatives) achieve the impossible with the power and might of perfection. This is represented as most of their charms (the others deal with the solars other themes as well) adding dice, multiplying success, removing penalties or by giving them the ability to do something without taking a check (graceful crane stance negates knockdown [not knock-back tho, that's a separate charm from the Abyssal book]).

iamnuff said:
Alex mentioned that he was "Helped" with that problem, so by this point, he might not even have robocancer anymore.
A whole bunch of posts before yours explained why that's impossible without killing him. Autocthon's robocancer is a fundamental part of him. If he ever loses it he's no longer Autocthon.

[X] "Good evening, my name is Hyodo Issei. I have been asked by the History Compilation Committee to speak with the Masters of Ryōzanpaku on their behalf over a matter of grave concern." You say while giving a respectful bow.

Alexander said:

Because that's their shtick, more or less, in the form of plenty of Perfect effects, be it attacks, defenses, or whatever. The other Exaltations have their own stuff, like the Sidereal's Fate-shenanigans or SMA, or the Lunars *incredibly* versatile shapeshifting (which, if used right, can easily replace a sizable number of comparable solar Charms, or even get them a plethora of new powers, such as by using Knacks that allow them to take the forms - and abilities - of various spirits).
Unknow, but likely. In regards to the Lunars, for example, it's important to remember that the Moonsilver Tattoos are something only AoS Lunars needed. First Age Lunars didn't; their caste stabilized itself automatically. The reason for this is that their Exaltations were warped by prolonged exposure to the Wyld, so it wouldn't be inconceivable that they could be similarly warped in other ways.
Though, a good part of it is most likely that capturing an Exaltation so you can fiddle around with it isn't exactly *easy*. A major reason why only Solar Exaltations were modified so far, for example, is no doubt that they were the only ones that the Yozi and Neverborn had "easy" access to from breaking the Jade Prison.

In regards to Terrestrials, it might be that it simply isn't worthwhile, with how their Exaltations works and is passed on. With Abyssals/Infernals, you basically get a powerful ally/minion/whatever more or less in perpetuity; if he dies, the Exaltation Shard will just return to Lillith/its Monstrance, and you can get a new one. If a modified Terrestrial dies, that's it. The only way around that would be setting up some kind of breeding program to pass on its modified Exaltation to some of his/her children, perhaps. Very time-consuming, and far from guaranteed to succed.

Odysseus2099 said:
iamnuff said:

that said, You're crafting a nice world here, I don't particularly want to leave it for creation. also, by this point we should have our essence-based-Evil-piece system in place. why would we need exaltations on top of that?

We don't need two separate ways to boost our followers. Even if, from a mechanics perspective, it makes us stronger, from a narrative point of view, it's redundant.
Nope, Auto-kun still has it. Issei is just helping him keeping it in check with a regular supply of new resources.

That his own Charms are infected may make sense (kinda), so...wouldn't using the same method working for an Exalt with Auto-kun's Charms? I mean it's not that the other Primordial/Yozi's Charms are esthetically pleasant either.
Kelenas said:
Because that's their shtick, more or less, in the form of plenty of Perfect effects, be it attacks, defenses, or whatever. The other Exaltations have their own stuff, like the Sidereal's Fate-shenanigans or SMA, or the Lunars *incredibly* versatile shapeshifting (which, if used right, can easily replace a sizable number of comparable solar Charms, or even get them a plethora of new powers, such as by using Knacks that allow them to take the forms - and abilities - of various spirits).
Yeah, I have trouble understanding that: Lunars can shapeshift into another being, that I know. But they also copy the abilities of the form? How it work with Charms and the like?
rkbinder said:
In my opinion the Solars are the memetic " do the impossible" exalt and the one that got corrupted the most for 3 reasons:

1) They are the "protagonist class" of the exalted, with the most splat and most detailed charm explanations.

2) When the Primordials think exalted, they think of the Solars because they where the strongest. This is becasue that is how they measure worth (it didn'y matter to them that all the dragonblooded combined could take down the 300 Solars). That was why they got the worst type of Great Curse.

3) While all exalts have the base catalyst created by Autocthon that lets them do the impossible, like the Primordials and Gods an exalts powers are effected by their themes:

- A DragonBlooded has the theme of the elemental dragons, which means that they can use energy attacks while most others cannot. They Also have the theme of being a large army, so their powers are set to work together better than other exalts.

- Lunars have themes of shape changing and madness. You can see this in their mental charms achieving there results thou obsession and similar methods.

-Sidereals have the whole "manipulate fate" and stack the deck. Their charms support this

- Solars however, have the ability to be excellent in a more general way. Solar's are also a) Powered by the Most Powerful god. b) That god has the domain of perfection and c) the exaltation has the violate the boundaries ability, which mix together (much like Issei's exaltation and Boosted Gear are) to mean that the violate the impossible with perfection.

Not by changing themselves into the impossible being (Lunars and Alchemical to a lesser extent), Stacking the Odds in they favor so it is impossible to lose (Sid's) or by channeling the elemental powers of the world to achieve the impossible (dragonblooded), Solars (and their derivatives) achieve the impossible with the power and might of perfection. This is represented as most of their charms (the others deal with the solars other themes as well) adding dice, multiplying success, removing penalties or by giving them the ability to do something without taking a check (graceful crane stance negates knockdown [not knock-back tho, that's a separate charm from the Abyssal book]).
...Oh God.

He did it. Autochthon went and did the impossible again.

Hear me out, alright? Auto-kun has the theme of "Doing the Impossible", and his way of manifesting it is through Craft. That's how he is.

Exalts were also granted the power to do the impossible, just through a different way inspired by the Incarnae (UCS, Luna, Maidens).

Up here, everything is okay.

Enter the Devil-Tigers from Infernal. And now Cosmic Dragon from Solar. And maybe in the future a Nether-Phoenix (who call it that?) from Abyssal.

All three are beings that, backed by an Exaltation, started a path that lead them to become similar, and in some way superior to the Primordial by creating their own themes while simultaneously being capable of thinking outside them and also act outside them.

This because they can do the impossible.

Do you understand now? Auto-kun's actions allowed the birth of beings with two themes, his own and a original one.

(Radiant Dragon Issei, for example, has the theme of violating the impossible with sheer might. So instead of successes and perfect he does things like increasing raw damage and soak. Instead of perfection, he boosts himself until he is powerful enough to surpass the limit)

What's more, those beings don't have his robo-cancer weakness, so they can operate at full power.

He made himself the father of a new race/class of beings. Where once he was the last respected and most mistreated of all Primordials...

Now he is the Father of a new Pantheon.

The best part? He probably never thought about that, but his own genius is so great that it plans in advance, even when Auto-kun himself is not aware of it.

Selias said:
Can they also see the invisible? Row, row, fight the power?
One has to wonder if the TTGL universe wasn't created by Auto-kun himself :))

They say of the Radiant Dragon:

"Compared to losing to him, winning against him is a scarier prospective."

"How so?"

"Dying only makes him stronger."

No post today. In the meantime help me with something:

[] Suggest name.

Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: Essence 5

Dragons are the only lifeform that enjoy an eternal life from the decay of old age. The secret of their longevity lies their prodigious life-force, that burn like the core of a never ending volcano. Upon acquisition of this Knack the character becomes immortal and needs no longer fear death from age. Any effect meant to reduce lifespan fails: the only option to end the character is to kill him.

Alexander said:
No post today. In the meantime help me with something:

[] Suggest name.

Prerequisites: Essence 5

Dragons are the only lifeform that enjoy an eternal life from the decay of old age. The secret of their longevity lies their prodigious life-force, that burn like the core of a never ending volcano. Upon acquisition of this Knack the character becomes immortal and needs no longer fear death from age. Any effect meant to reduce lifespan fails: the only option to end the character is to kill him.

The Eternal Flame

was going to go with something like Eternity Beckons, but this works nicely as well

[X] The Eternal Flame.

And for the more experienced Exalted players:

Ascendancy Mantle Of Radiant Dragon
Cost: —
Mins: Essence 5
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Native
Prerequisite Charms: First Radiant Dragon Excellency
(As per Broken Winged Crane, pag.9)

Radiant Dragon drawback: [] ??

What say people as long as he keeps the Harem at 10+ girls and they are happy it counts? sound workable?

its probably harsher in some ways then the others, and less so in others, but it fits Issei, and his current motivation rather nicely I think

EternitynChaos said:
What say people as long as he keeps the Harem at 10+ girls and they are happy it counts? sound workable?
No, too narrow. Needs to be something that matches the idea of "Supremacy". Maybe it only works as long as he is undefeated (in any kind of competition, not just combat), and if he is defeated, then he has to defeat that person who defeated him before he can go back up an Essence.

[X] Everburning Spirit Furnace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back