• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I would like to point out that this isn't about being Tsundere: Renka is just used to communicate with her fists. At least, that's the interpretation I had of her.
Yes, but the problem there is that I don't actually care why she's doing it. I care that she is doing it. I agree with you that it's fully in character for her, I just despise her character.

My basic rule of thumb for this sort of thing is simple: If something would be offensive if you switched the genders of everyone involved, then it's still offensive without the genders being switched.

My basic rule of thumb for this sort of thing is simple: If something would be offensive if you switched the genders of everyone involved, then it's still offensive without the genders being switched.
To this, I have nothing to say back. If it can help, her character development is going to become far more bearable in the future.

[X] Tiger
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

[X] Tiger
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" Because of course it is, your luck demands nothing less.

[X] Hellfire

[X] Hellfire

[X] Eldritch

[X] Tiger

[X] Tiger

What was Renka's expression? Lustful and full of desire(aroused) or satisfaction(the post-coital face we've seen on a lot of our girls) or something else entirely. I can't tell if her random outburst in Chinese was her deep in fantasy or something else.

Correct me if I'm off bas entirely.

I have to say, I find the whole "Psycho chick tries to beat the hell out of a guy for 'embarrassing' her" thing to be just as unpleasant as it would be with the genders reversed.
You may need to brush up on your reading then, if you thought that was embarassment.

Girl's perving over a pretty boy, duh.
Another reason DxD is better than all the other harem shows: no psychotic domestic abuse tsunderes shitting things up.
Please don't make bullshit claims like that.

Like say, 'It's my favorite because' or whatnot.

Because not only are there oodles of 'no psychotic domestic abuse tsunderes shitting things up' harems, there are harems with that, that also have, you know, a plot that can function without just being considered a fun romp in the same way as a trashy novel.

Because let's be serious: DxD is fun, the setting is rife with stuff to play about with, but the story as a whole is in no way a masterpiece or anything.
What was with her reaction? Was presence excellency so effective? I mean I got we we come off as attractive but that was a little over the top.
Gee, I wonder why someone that's been fighting today for an unknown period of time and has fighting on the brain, just found her dad who she has complex as fuck feelings over that involve resentment and anger, and just got killstolen and upstaged by a pinup model pretty would be flustered by hotness, and default to the same thing she's been defaulting all day/vent some of that dad anger. Does that make it 100% okay in an objective moral sense? No, of course not. Is it the kind of in-context mistake that happens (in the general sense of defaulting to violence) all the time in real life. She just had a cruddy kneejerk reaction... you know, like a person.

It's not that hard to read into a character's context, is it?
Yes, but the problem there is that I don't actually care why she's doing it. I care that she is doing it. I agree with you that it's fully in character for her, I just despise her character.

How can you even watch or read anime then - that shit is everyfuckingwhere, and DxD's no exception.
What was Renka's expression? Lustful and full of desire(aroused)
Her hair things moving is consistently shown to be a display of curiousity and interest.
She wasn't have any breathing trouble from fighting, then magically was panting when looking at Issei.

[X] Tiger

How can you even watch or read anime then - that shit is everyfuckingwhere, and DxD's no exception.
By not watching shitty anime and occasionally disliking a few of the characters in good ones.

Also, maybe tone down the confrontationalism man? You're coming off as kind of aggressive.

[X] Eldritch

[X] Hellfire
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" without waiting for a replay you pass Renka over to her father. "Shigure, Kensei the both of you are faster then me so can you see to evacuating those you can?" Your hand slips into your jacket, pulling out the hilt of sword. "I'll keep the enemy contained as long as possible." A blade of light erupts from the hilt and you settle into a ready stance.

[X] Hellfire
-[X] Without turning away, you ask, "That's the sword, isn't it?" without waiting for a replay you pass Renka over to her father. "Shigure, Kensei the both of you are faster then me so can you see to evacuating those you can?" Your hand slips into your jacket, pulling out the hilt of sword. "I'll keep the enemy contained as long as possible." A blade of light erupts from the hilt and you settle into a ready stance.
That's retarded. Our Melee skill is downright nonexistent while we're a Martial Art (nearly) Master. Why would you have us use that piece of crap lightsaber knockoff instead of good old fisticuffs ?

Why would you have us use that piece of crap lightsaber knockoff instead of good old fisticuffs ?
Because it's fucking awesome.

Why does a Solar do anything other than use bullshit social charms to crush his enemy's will instantly and immediately go back to the kind of hedonism that only being a God-King can get you? Because Style Fucking Counts.

[X] Eldritch

we have melee. I just checked.

That may be so, however only a few dots and we have no Excellency or any other charms to make using melee a better choice then Martial Arts, simply put, pulling out a sword against any enemy who could give us a real fight at the moment is asking to get ourselves killed at the moment and that seems like a bad plan to me >.>

I've been wanting to get issei a light-saber fight ever sense we got that thing and he got called a sith lord. this is the enemy that would be at its coolest with.

Well keep waiting because I'm not voting on it, and I'm also not voting on investing in melee charms when we're already a kickass martial artist.

By not watching shitty anime and occasionally disliking a few of the characters in good ones.
And yet here you are with the rest of us - funny that!
Also, maybe tone down the confrontationalism man? You're coming off as kind of aggressive.
And you came off as dismissively judgmental of anime stuff that doesn't fit your preferences - guess we both mucked that up!
Because it's fucking awesome.

Why does a Solar do anything other than use bullshit social charms to crush his enemy's will instantly and immediately go back to the kind of hedonism that only being a God-King can get you? Because Style Fucking Counts.
That right there is an excellent observation - a pity, then, that often people have trouble making plans that are awesome because of their stupidity rather than in spite of it.

I think both parties have a point here.

Smuthunter's right that relative to melee, Issei's just plain underwhelming with just about any weapon in hand barring said weapon being ludicrous - and the quasi-lightsaber is not that ludicrous. Against an unknown foe that's a risk, and even with what I feel are two of the better Ryozanpaku masters on site such a risk could really bite us.

Pro-sword types are right in general because it is entirely Solar-ish and in-character on any possible front. That's huge for votes - in my opinion it's the most important thing, even before 'enjoyment of results'. Also, generally you're fighting at a hell of a deficit if you go unarmed against an armed opponent (or an opponent whose arms are swords, whatever), and even if Exaltation subverts that to some extent this particular bullshit magical being could be able to subvert that subversion. I'm sure no one wants Issei to lose a hand here.

That said I think that we should go the lightsaber route for a very, very simple reason: it's blade has an on/off switch.

The amount of a situational modifier having a glowing sword whose blade can basically go intangible at will would be for Issei's swordplay effectiveness is just plain ludicrous.
  • Make a big to-do about leaning into a heavy blow so they move to block - deactivate before block, reactivate and laugh at their attempt.
  • Use the blade's light as something of a flashbang/visual sapper with rapid flickering to make tracking you hard as heck.
  • Get the unlit blade into a place where there's nothing but enemy flesh in the way of it's blade - and activate it.
There are entire websites that focus on how broken a lightsaber type item can be for swordplay - and it's all stuff Issei could feasibly have seen.

Also, generally you're fighting at a hell of a deficit if you go unarmed against an armed opponent (or an opponent whose arms are swords, whatever), and even if Exaltation subverts that to some extent this particular bullshit magical being could be able to subvert that subversion. I'm sure no one wants Issei to lose a hand here.
That's what Boosted Gear is for. o_O You know, these things?

boosted_gear_by_javierx500-d73oy25.png

Why on earth would you ever want to fuck around with a cheap lightsaber ripoff when you have a weapon hand-made by God for asskicking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back