• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I'm partial to using explosion on a weapon for Shigure and heading out there with her. We could potentially fight with her against this thing at the same time. Tag team it basically.

we are a dragon, we beat a phoenix and now going to fight a tiger
when is the turtle and the unicorn thing going to pop up cause this whole thing reek of the whole 4 beast thing that you usually see in these martial art genre
wonder if Alex plan this whole thing

The same way that French, Spanish, and Italian are all in the same Latin-based family. Doesn't mean a speaker of one can understand more than maybe a word or two from one of the others.
Linguistics: O (Indo-European Languages Family)

Only reason we don't have the same equivalent for East Asia is that we haven't bothered doing so and our native tongue is what Exalted calls a Tribal Language.

The same way that French, Spanish, and Italian are all in the same Latin-based family. Doesn't mean a speaker of one can understand more than maybe a word or two from one of the others.

This is Exalted. We learned those and Sanskrit on the side while learning English.

This is Exalted. We learned those and Sanskrit on the side while learning English.
The sad thing is, that's not an exaggeration.

We also learned somewhere in the neighborhood of two hundred and twenty five other languages, several of which issie is now the only living speaker of on earth. Exalts are broken as hell, but sometimes Creation gives everyone a hand.

The sad thing is, that's not an exaggeration.

We also learned somewhere in the neighborhood of two hundred and twenty five other languages, several of which issie is now the only living speaker of on earth. Exalts are broken as hell, but sometimes Creation gives everyone a hand.
Actually there are 498 languages in the indo-european family. So yeah. Once Issei maxes his language stat he will pretty much have the same ability as a devil to understand every language that has existed on earth and in the heavens. You know as a prank we should switch languages mid conversation to a dead language and see if the devils talking to us notice.

Edit: Make that 439. I have no clue where the 48 extra languages and dialects came from.

This makes perfect sense to me. Once the Phenex thing is dealt with, we should probably spend some time working on our spellcasting.

Except DxD spellcasting is kinda inferior to Exalted sorcery from what I've read thus far... Altough I suppose some preparation won't hurt?

Okay, does anyone have a stunt for this? Because I think it's obvious that we are fighting the tiger, but how are we going to do it?

it's that it's inferior it just that comparing them is like comparing a hammer and wrench.
More like a nuke vs a machine gun. One is indisputably more powerful and complicated than the other (do you see any magicians or devils doing stuff like the Salinan Working?) but that doesn't mean one is always more useful in all circumstances than the other.

Except DxD spellcasting is kinda inferior to Exalted sorcery from what I've read thus far... Altough I suppose some preparation won't hurt?
I was referring to our Exalted spellcasting. But others have made valid points about the comparitive usefulness. Exalted sorcery is almost exclusively non-combat. It also tends to be bigger and more complicated. While the effects are much more powerful than DxD demonic sorcery, they're also harder to pull off. It's a good idea to pick up some tricks from both. We might even be able to combine them in interesting ways.

Also, and I feel this is a very important point, we don't have Sorcery yet. And we likely wont for quite some time. We've only completed two of the trials. And while the Trial of Tutelage shouldn't be that difficult, the Trials of Fear and Sacrifice are by far the hardest of the five.

Without more specifics about the entities physiology (where the armor joints, range of motion, difference in material however slight in this or that section), perceptual acumen (does it have senses weaker than, equal to or greater than a human's, can it see through walls and such) and fighting style (is it mostly automated with clear if/then logic, is it a quasi-being that's limited in creativity, is it just as flexible as a human fighter, is it some ancient master of fighting) I don't see how we can make a stunt that's not non-specific to the point of uselessness.

I mean, a fiery right-in-it's-face stunt COULD work... or backfire horribly depending on the details.
Ditto flanking maneuvers, using buildings as cover, etc.

Honestly? We should tell the masters we could boost them/their implements with an explode, and cede battle planning to them.

Whatever plan they make around 'I can supercharge your attacks' is going to be something Issei can incorporate himself into, one way or another - and after that update's worth of combo-attack, we should know enough to make a 'kill-it-dead' stunt next update.

Okay, First Presence Excellency is a must, and Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement will increase damage. Also, to make this overkill, we should also use the First Martial Arts Excellency with the Fists of Iron and the Orichalcum Fists of Battle techniques.

I'm just adding charms that might help in the battle, don't know if they can be casted all at the same time.

Just by curiosity , what the other choice would have done ?
Hellfire: Sword of Guojian. Full, among other things, of sulfur and Arsenic. Still a metal giant, but way more dangerous.
Eldritch: a sword escavated from the Yellow Emperor's tomb. Where all the tales told about the horrors that are kept within are true. You would have get a giant "something", very dangerous for your health AND your sanity.
Alexander does transferring Motes by explosion count towards our Anima flare. If not then I favor playing support for the masters by amplifying them.we really need to avoid a big show.
It does.
we are a dragon, we beat a phoenix and now going to fight a tiger
when is the turtle and the unicorn thing going to pop up cause this whole thing reek of the whole 4 beast thing that you usually see in these martial art genre
wonder if Alex plan this whole thing
trollface_00376609.jpg

Alexander, will any of those swords can appear in the future?, also we managed to dodge the most dangerous sword, we are not ready to fight something from the Yellow Emperor.

Also amazing quest you are writting, also if you combine all the 3 boards it is the quest with most views here in QQ.

Any Omake ideas you may want Alexander.

Okay, First Presence Excellency is a must, and Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement will increase damage. Also, to make this overkill, we should also use the First Martial Arts Excellency with the Fists of Iron and the Orichalcum Fists of Battle techniques.

I'm just adding charms that might help in the battle, don't know if they can be casted all at the same time.

Uh, Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement isn't gonna help unless that thing is a creature of darkness, and it doesn't increase damage, just makes it aggravated against such. Furthermore, Orichalcum Fists of Battle do the same bloody thing, since the first works by making attacks Holy while the latter is a both Obvious and Holy effect we can add to Fists of Iron without additional cost, so Solar Judgement is pointless and a waste of essence if we're just gonna hit the bastard. Plus, there is that creature of darkness thing - we don't know if the tiger warrior is one. There's a good chance he might be, but even in that case we're prolly better off sticking to Fists of Battle unless we don't go into melee with that fucker.

Alexander, will any of those swords can appear in the future?, also we managed to dodge the most dangerous sword, we are not ready to fight something from the Yellow Emperor.
Maybe later. Expect however to find them in enemy's hands, used against you.
Also amazing quest you are writting, also if you combine all the 3 boards it is the quest with most views here in QQ.
It's my little angel that fill my chest with pride ^^
Any Omake ideas you may want Alexander.
Omakes. I missed them :( . I say: surprise me :cool:

Overmind, thats kinda silly, Presence charms are used in Social combat something this really isn't, and Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement is only useful if we are not using Orichalcum Fists of Battle against something that needs Holy Damage, because combatwise that is all it does, deal holy damage. right now as things stand we are probably more well served using a full boost Explosion to amp our stats as much as possible then fight it that way, with a stunt, letting Alexander use what charms are most effective as he has been recently, ymmv of course

Maybe later. Expect however to find them in enemy's hands, used against you.

It's my little angel that fill my chest with pride ^^

Omakes. I missed them :( . I say: surprise me :cool:

It was expected, poor bastard that will use The Yellow Emperor Sword, do Exated have charms against mind rape from Outsiders.

my favorite quest, I wonder why some people do not like it, oh well they must be trolls.

I will try to write one, how many words for the omake?

I Hate writting with my pad.

It was expected, poor bastard that will use The Yellow Emperor Sword, do Exated have charms against mind rape from Outsiders.
Yes, from dealing with Raksha. And each other.
I will try to write one, how many words for the omake?
Gaining bonus Xp with Omakes and Fanarts

-A single omake can neat only 1 Xp. 2 if it is judged of exceptional quality: the other readers must agree too, and the post must be liked by at least 10 people.
-A fanart is also allowed and follow the same rules.
-Only 2 omakes and 1 fanart can be rewarded per IC week. You can post more, but you will not gain Xp.

Requirements:
-The omake must not be from Issei's POV.
-The omake must show other characters off-screen or their actions/reactions to something that happened in the quest. If it's in character and makes sense I can even can rule it as canon for the story.
-The omake's length must be at least 1200+ words.
-Grammar must be good.
This only if you want extra Xp. If you just want to express your creativity, then anything you want ^^

Okay, does anyone have a stunt for this? Because I think it's obvious that we are fighting the tiger, but how are we going to do it?
We need to see what it does first. As someone else mentioned, given the dragon/tiger rivalry I'd be surprised if the sword didn't have dragon-slaying properties. If nothing else we know it probably slays evil spirits and the like. The armor might be less of a problem for us than is it for the others because Fists of Iron Technique gives our unarmed attacks the piercing tag which lets them cut armored soak in half, but we need to know what we're about to get smacked in the face with. So first thing's first:

[X] Tell the others to clear the area and keep bystanders away from the scene, then step into view of the creature and call out a challenge while adopting Fist of the Daystar Form and drawing out Boosted Gear into its gauntlet form.
-[X] Stunt Smuthunter:

You step out of the alley and face your opponent as the others depart in the opposite direction, your stance loosening into the natural form of a peerless gladiator. Your opponent pauses in its rampage and turns to regard you, judging your worth. A gentle breeze blows through the wrecked street as you face each other. The battle begins with a flick of your wrist and a 'come get some' gesture. Your opponent roars and charges at you, and the fight is on.

Overmind, thats kinda silly, Presence charms are used in Social combat something this really isn't, and Enemy Castigating Solar Judgement is only useful if we are not using Orichalcum Fists of Battle against something that needs Holy Damage, because combatwise that is all it does, deal holy damage. right now as things stand we are probably more well served using a full boost Explosion to amp our stats as much as possible then fight it that way, with a stunt, letting Alexander use what charms are most effective as he has been recently, ymmv of course
Well, I don't know how to play exalted, so I thought that from the desription that it could be used in any ability.

Also:

[X] Smuthunter

[X] Tell the others to clear the area and keep bystanders away from the scene, then step into view of the creature and call out a challenge while adopting Fist of the Daystar Form and drawing out Boosted Gear into its gauntlet form.
-[X] Stunt Smuthunter:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back