1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

The Renegade and the Grayven of the Renegade timeline spoke to each other via a screen in the only Renegade segment of Episode 62: Collegiality. Grayven was curious at how another version of himself existed, and the Renegade flexed how much Darkseid 'liked' him more by momentarily using the Anti-Life Equation.

2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Which basically ended the conversation, IIRC.

moralrelativity likes this.
  3. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

They didn't fight.
    They talked over comms and Grayven-16 pussed out like a bitch

4. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I mean right now he's trying to negociate.

5. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Does anyone remember the New Gods they rescued. Way earlier? Where would they stack vs Grayven?
    And where would their heshin-gattai form be?

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Sooooo...I ship it.

moralrelativity, Ardy and DAT_NOOB like this.
  7. DAT_NOOB

Do you mean the Forever People? they'd do about as well as a regular person from what I understand.

moralrelativity and Ardy like this.
  8. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Dox or Actually Grayven? In either case that sounds like a proper OLC mindset. Paul is more likely to congratulate him/recruit him (respectively) than to complain about it. I distinctly remember 'Klingon Promotion' being a part of the OLC code. Paul said something about it 'encouraging creativity' and something else about the internal structure being based on a 'modified Unseen University system' (with Clarissi and Illustres positions being loosely equivalent to the Archchancellor and the Librarian positions).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  9. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Pretty sure he was... As Renegade demonstrated a God of conquest goes all out unless their victory is very uncertain because failure gives them a massive debuff.

Grayven stopped not because he was holding back, but because if he went all in and still failed he would have lost a lot of his power.

moralrelativity and Ardy like this.
  10. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

An 800lb orangutan who does whatever he wants does seem to be an appropriate equivalent to Paul, who similarly does whatever he wants because what are they gonna do, call that guy who can stop him?

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They'd probably do better than that, seeing as they're trained warriors and are New Gods themselves, but he would still most likely beat them since he's way more powerful and experienced.

moralrelativity and DAT_NOOB like this.
  12. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Didn't they lose a fight with Robin even before Renegade stepped in to help?

DAT_NOOB and moralrelativity like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

What was his name?

Michael McDoesntexist.

I don't remember much about their meeting, but if they did lose against him then I'm betting it was because they underestimated him, likely due to not knowing who he was and his skills and probably because he's not really all that spiritually powerful.

Grayven however is someone they know about and so they wouldn't underestimate him, but actually take him seriously if they tried to fight him.

They'd still lose of course, but they may provide him with a minor challenge.

14. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Who said this?

15. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

...Wait a second. Is Grayven's voice hoarse from all the god-speech shouting?

16. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

I am positive Zoat takes some critiscisms into account. People have been saying Dox has been doing a bad job securing his position in OL corp. It would be a good head screw if Dox was making plans with Grayven in secret. Dox did spring this invasion on Paul(his 2nd in command) and again people were critisicing the lack of info. I really think this was a don't answer and let OL get removed by Grayven, plausible deniablity thing. Would explain the delay on fleet coming to earth also.

Grayven was on scene in minutes. No way he didn't have intel.

17. Ei Al

Ei Al Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

18. Agent Orange

Not just Grayven, Sinestro as well. They are all plotting behind Paul's back. It's not impossible they are conspiring with the Light as well (because we all know that the Light is somehow profiting from every single backroom deal, scandal and natural disaster - yes, even the ones they had no way of predicting or the ones that run counter to their plots. Somehow).

moralrelativity and Ngamer11 like this.
  19. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, and now i'm worried what will happen to Jade for Paragons compliance. Same with anyone he has an attatchment to in corp, Like Starfire. Good point on Sinestro, and now Malvolio is free to join them aswell.

Heck i even feel like Zoat predicted/reacted to my own critisism over how i was fearing story was running out of threads by revealing a few more threads have been woven into the tapestry already and i missed them. And then Malvolio gets released and Grayven arrives in Paragon story showing things i had missed or had yet to be revealed will tie into and expand the story/world being crafted even more. I really feel like 60% of our criticism is us missing things with Zoat chuckling over his eventual twist reveal he seeded years ago and no one realized. The last 3 chapters have kind of blown my mind on the possibilities i overlooked.

moralrelativity and Ngamer11 like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected. Not sure what happened there. It was right on my version.

21. Agent Orange

Ah, yes. The Big Bad Team-Up. Dox (the brains), Sinestro and Malvolio (the Lanterns of the bunch, both with experience in anti-Lantern combat tactics), Grayven (the space god magic and disposable minions)... all they miss is a speedster now to round up the team- No, wait! The Flash! He also appeared in the last possible minute and inserted himself in an important mission (acting extremely OOC) and then promptly ensured that negotiations failed - and got kicked off the League as a result.

I guess they have a full roster after all. It's very likely that Truggs is their Light contact.

22. Soul Shocker

Soul Shocker Not too sore, are you?

Say hello with an Orange cake! or perhaps offer him a Pavlova?

moralrelativity and Agent Orange like this.
  23. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

ehhh, not super impressed with the OG Grayvey- as a person/leader, not as a character, i mean
    the godspeech comes across as a bit petulant/whiny,and he's trying too hard to make an intimidating first impression-perhaps intentionally? i mean, given his dad, and the standards for childhood on apokalypse, a complex/mental issues of some form are probably to be expected- though,
    you'd think someone who was all about conquest would RELISH someone capable of resisting/putting up a fight that lasts more then three minutes....

@Chojin Patriarch

i think i can see a rationale behind the sweep with the secondary/tertiary batteries-
    the shield's effectively a group effort from/reinforced by the other lanterns present- seems like a fairly reasonable, if simple method of doing a quick volley to gather info- if areas/segments fluctuate, its a pretty good indicator that the projector/"projector" in that section isnt up to snuff

24. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

Meh, I think we'll just start calling him Gravy instead.

25. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

Correction: Lord John Constantine

26. Pez

Pez Spaceman

I'm not seeing this, nor buying the theories of a big space version of the Light moving against Paul. If Dox didn't want Paragon around, he could have just left him on Earth. Paragon is a bit of a sub when it comes to taking orders. Plus, I doubt the Controllers would like to lose their most powerful Lantern.

And the Ophidian would definitely not be happy to lose her Agent.

Dox wouldn't have risked the entire fleet just to kill Paul. He could have arranged Paul to lead a strike force into a Reach stronghold that had a thoushand Beetles waiting for them.

This is just a massive comic plot coincidence.

In normal DC canon, the Forever People were normal humans that were 'adopted' by New Genesis. In YJ canon, I believe they are actual New Gods. In story canon... I don't remember. I'd default to New Gods, though they aren't very powerful ones. From their on screen abilities and powers, othern than their ability to turn into Infinity Man, I would put them below Wonder Woman in terms of strength and skill. I'd consider them comperable to Captain Atom.

Wetbananas, Ardy, Xmaster3000 and 3 others like this.
  27. DAT_NOOB

I think in story with renegade they where almost beaten by regular gangsters.

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Who had powerful weaponry and the help of a powerful New God, Desaad.

He may not be the greatest of Darkseids Elite, but the fact that he's a member should speak volumes of how dangerous he can be.

29. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Exactly. There's a reason why Batman pretty much wins every fight against Superman. Cunning, planning, deviousness, and strategy play a large part. Even Black Canary beat Superboy, who has Wonder Woman level of strength.

Desaad, while not a physical powerhouse, is a mad scientist (God of Torture?). His entire plan was to capture Infinity Man. And simply being a New God doesn't make one strong, as there are a lot of factors to it. It's why Barda is stronger than her husband. Her domain is something physical, while Miracle's isn't. Hell, Barda is probably physically stronger than Renegade without his Rings.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think one of the biggest weaknesses the Forever People had was their arrogance.

They thought that beating a bunch of primitives would be easy, and they also thought that beating Desaad would also be easy due to him not being much of a physical threat and his cowardly nature.

They're probably very skilled and talented New Gods when they get serious, but if they don't then they can be beaten.

They're a lot like the Team. Powerful and skilled when they want to be, but tend to fall short due to personal problems and overconfidence.