• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"No, I've still got another week.
this entire situation is absurd and hilarious, but this is the line that got me, Kal just rolls with it...

though i wonder what the surplus of Supergirls is supposed to mean.. i dont think someone is summoning them, at least not directly..
this seems like contrived coincidence... synchronicity magic targeting supergirl maybe?

What's so funny, chuckleshit?

You're both Kara Zor-El, daughter of Zor-El and Allura In-Ze. And given that I tracked-."

New Kara gives her head a small shake. "Allura."

"I'm sorry?"

"Kryptonians are patrilineal. Women stop using the name of their house when they marry. So unless you were specifically talking about genealogy, you shouldn't use it."

"Ah. Well, thank you, I'll bear that in mind."

Old Kara roils slightly. "What is this, Bizarro Krypton? Mom used her full name-."

Either Krypton 16 civilization wasn't patrilineal, they stopped being that or Allura just kept her name like women on Earth do.

"If you clone a kryptonian incorrectly, they tend to come out with certain predictable congenital flaws. Mitchell was probably going to end up like that if we hadn't helped him

Yep.

"You're cloning kryptonians?!"

"Not me personally

Though a version of you is.

They're fine, and the project has been shut down.

As far as you know.

Cadmus may not have been the only one doing it and I doubt a lot of groups would pass up the opportunity to have Kryptonians working for them.

Angelika is one of two survivors of Nazi attempts to merge human and kryptonian physio-."

"Ooh! Nazis!"

The four of us… Stare at the suddenly excited New Kara.

I'm getting Alucard Abridged flashbacks here.

Angelika shifts awkwardly. "This excites you?"

Yeah, it is weird.

Aren't they the most evil humans ever?

Pretty much.

Yes.

Then fighting them is the most heroic thing-" There's a blur, and then she's lying lengthways in the air with Kal-El's hand on the top of her head stopping her from flying any further. "-we could do?"

"Calm down, Kara."

This is absolutely hilarious.

Angelika's here from a parallel universe. There aren't any Nazis…"

His eyes flick my way. I give my head a small shake.

"On this Earth."

Yeah, there are.

appearances could be link to the fact that the

'linked'

that the Legion think that you've changed their history, could they?"

'Legion thinks'

New Kara jumps for joy!

"Yay Team Supergirl

She's so adorable.

Last edited:
Does Mxyzptlk exist in Young Justice or is this part of the expanded universe Mr Zoat is including?

I've only watched a couple clips and read a few comics of those imp shenanigans so I don't know.

Last edited:
What they should be asking is how she knows about Nazis. Enough to know they be evil. And what her Kal-El looks like if this be her first arrival to Earth?
"Yay Team Supergirl!"
I like this Kara best.
Why won't the rest of you put on your Supergirl themed Power Ranger suits? Come on. Be a team player like New Kara.

"Mxyzptlk?"

Kal-El shakes his head. "No, I've still got another week. And if it was him, they'd all turn up at once. He's not a very patient imp."
Y'know, other than being referenced by Superman once before (had to word-search in the archived version to check), I'm surprised Myx hasn't popped up at all. Considering Ambush Bug's reaction to Paul's arrival/existence, Paul's actions being unknown to people from future timelines, etc... one would think that as the 5D Imp would be at least a bit curious of such an anomaly even if his focus is on Superman otherwise.

Oh... if he isn't planned to show up so it isn't a spoiler... is Myxzptlk the white-haired version, the Gilbert Gottfried version, or something else?

Y'know, other than being referenced by Superman once before (had to word-search in the archived version to check), I'm surprised Myx hasn't popped up at all. Considering Ambush Bug's reaction to Paul's arrival/existence, Paul's actions being unknown to people from future timelines, etc... one would think that as the 5D Imp would be at least a bit curious of such an anomaly even if his focus is on Superman otherwise.

Oh... if he isn't planned to show up so it isn't a spoiler... is Myxzptlk the white-haired version, the Gilbert Gottfried version, or something else?

It's possible that in their previous encounter Superman had him leave the universe so he can't get back and see what the deal with Paul is.

13th September 2012
05:56 GMT -8

"Hah!"

We're standing in the living area of the Fortress of Solitude and Kara and Kara are staring at each other, Kara confused and Kara excited.
Oh, boy. Is all of OL's dialogue this chapter just going to be him laughing his ass off? :D Because I can see that happening. At least they'll be easy to tell apart, because, if Supergirl-1 is still wearing that fifties outfit and hairstyle, she is going to stand out.

"Hah hah hah hah!"

"Hi!" The newcomer sticks out her hand, and my considerable exposure to super speed allows me to detect that she does so at faster-than-human speeds. "I'm Kara Zor-El!"
Well, at least she's polite, even if she's only seen Earth culture from afar. Take note, if she does have the original Supergirl origin, that means her parents spent years watching Earth while Argo City tumbled through space, slowly turning into Kryptonite...

"Yes, me too." Kara takes Kara's hand and gives it a small shake as the expression of puzzlement spreads from Kara to Kara.

"Hahahaha."
:confused: "Why is the orange man laughing?"

New Kara's expression is far less subdued than old Kara's, head tilting, brow furrowing and mouth opening as she tries to frame a question.

Old Kara beats her to it.

"Paul, what's going on?"
Ah, Kara-1's so cute. And that innate over-emoting. Talk about wearing your heart on your sleeve. :p

"Unless your father was messing around with cloning, I'd guess that she's from a parallel universe. There's a lot of that going around."

New Kara looks shocked. "Cloning! That's illegal, and completely immoral! Daddy would never have anything to do with that! And what do you mean, parallel universe?"
Well, at least their Kryptons have one thing in common?

"You're both Kara Zor-El, daughter of Zor-El and Allura In-Ze. And given that I tracked-."

New Kara gives her head a small shake. "Allura."
Even if other things are different. Like fashion sense.

"I'm sorry?"

"Kryptonians are patrilineal. Women stop using the name of their house when they marry. So unless you were specifically talking about genealogy, you shouldn't use it."
Because the Fifties.

"Ah. Well, thank you, I'll bear that in mind."

Old Kara roils slightly. "What is this, Bizarro Krypton? Mom used her full name-."
Whereas Kara-16's is grounded in the Naughties culture. Amazing what fifty years can do. At least it wasn't the immediately post-crisis Krypton, where marriage was virtually unknown (and Jor-El and Allura where unusual because they actually interacted.)

"No, if it was Bizarro Krypton she'd have chalk white skin, and-." I raise my eyebrows. "Was your Krypton cuboid?"

"No?"
For reference: Htrae (a Bizarro Earth, but the principle applies.) Bizarro are weird.

"And she didn't mean 'yes' when she said that, so she's not a Bizarro."

"You're using it as a proper noun. 'Bizarro' is a thing?"
In some universes, yes. Consider yourselves lucky it wasn't on this Earth-16.

"If you clone a kryptonian incorrectly, they tend to come out with certain predictable congenital flaws. Mitchell was probably going to end up like that if we hadn't helped him."

New Kara's hands go to her mouth as her eyes widen in shock.

"You're cloning kryptonians?!"
Girl, you got some catching up to do... And yes, we did see Match in the series. Very happy both Paragon and Renegade fixed that little stupidity.

"Not me personally, but there have been a few attempts made. They're fine, and the project has been shut down. Also, tone that attitude down when you meet them, will you? They're good guys."

She immediately looks guilty.
Heart on her sleeve! Geez, she's going to get along well with M'Gann.

"So as I was saying, I tracked this- " I gesture to Old Kara. "-Kara's pod from out Krypton to the asteroid it ended up in, so she's almost certainly the native one. So I'm going to try and work out how you got here, and once we know you can decide to stay here or go back. Any questions?"

"Where's Kal?"
;) Part of that Earth-watching Kara-1 and her parents did? Superman's career, from teenage years to adulthood. Her little blue dress costume? Based on his, right down to the cape.

"I asked Hawkman to give me five minutes, so he's probably -"

"Recognized, Superman, zero one, Overgirl, B two three."
Ah, here he is now, and with Supergirl #4. Wonder how she heard about this?

"-heading here now. Though going back to the cloning thing, given that there's a bit of a shortage of kryptonians at the moment, I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly if you want to resurrect your species."

Kal-El walks in, and I can tell from how his eyes are focusing that he's making use of his full visual spectrum. Angelika comes in just after him, favouring me with a small smile.
Ah, OL. Getting off to such a late start on the 'Kryptonian rebirth' questline will put you at such a disadvantage.

New Kara looks slightly puzzled by Kal-El. "Ah. Yes, another universe. You are definitely not my Kal-El. And… You're another me?"

"No, I am not."
o_O "My Kal was a bit burlier. And older." And remember, she's seen him via long-distance viewer, after all.

New Kara sags. "This is getting so confusing."

"Angelika is one of two survivors of Nazi attempts to merge human and kryptonian physio-."
And damn lucky to achieve that. Just look how Conner turned out. Something of a patchwork, until OL got involved...

"Ooh! Nazis!"

The four of us… Stare at the suddenly excited New Kara.
Remember, she's seen Earth Culture. And since that would have dated back to World-War II... Well.

Angelika shifts awkwardly. "This excites you?"

"Aren't they the most evil humans ever?"
...That's debatable, but yes, they're not liked. Especially in pop culture. And very much so in Fifties pop culture like, say, Comic Books. :V

"Technically, no, but I understand what you mean. Why does that excite you?"

"Then fighting them is the most heroic thing-" There's a blur, and then she's lying lengthways in the air with Kal-El's hand on the top of her head stopping her from flying any further. "-we could do?"
...Did she just try to do a flying charge at Angelika? Oh, boy... Girl, you are going to have to learn about impulse control. Because you are living in a world of cardboard. And that includes most people.

"Calm down, Kara." She tilts her head up to look at him and his hand ends up covering her face. "Angelika's here from a parallel universe. There aren't any Nazis…"

His eyes flick my way. I give my head a small shake.

"On this Earth."
Just checking. Though that may change soon, with any luck. x3 And good gods, Kara-1, stop being so adorably dorky!

"Are the other two coming?"

Angelika frowns. "Other two?"
Oh, yeah, the Supergirls don't know about their latest member.

Recognized, Supergirl, B two zero."

"Noriel and Dana? Dana Dearden came back from the future this morning having joined the Legion of Supeheroes under the name Supergirl. We have five Supergirls now."
Well, technically, you had one Kara Zor-El (possibly Power Girl someday,) one Supergirl (Loriel) and one Overgirl. :p It's only the latest two that muddy the count.

"That is a surprising number. Individually, the arrival of each one makes sense, but-" Angelika looks at New Kara. "-I think there is something strange happening for us to have this many."

Noriel enters the room from the direction of the zeta tube, a flaming aura faintly visible around her.
Wow, it's so hinky that even the locals are noticing something's up? Whoever's behind this really messed up, huh?

"This many what?"

"Supergirls."
I imagine Angelika and Kara-16 saying that at the same time... And Loriel spocking at them. o_O "What?"

"Mxyzptlk?"

Kal-El shakes his head. "No, I've still got another week. And if it was him, they'd all turn up at once. He's not a very patient imp."
Though it's good that he plays by the rules. After all, when he doesn't? Universes get rekt. 5th-dimensional beings are powerful in 4th-D realms.

"Anyone know of anyone else with a motive?"

Kal-El thinks for a moment. "I.. don't suppose these appearances could be link to the fact that the Legion think that you've changed their history, could they?"
Ah, that super-intellect at work! :p But seriously, it's a reasonable guess based on the available information.

"I don't see how. None of the various mes privileged their own parallel when we were working on the problem."

Kara frowns as Kara floats back out of Kal-El's grip and lands on the floor.
Man, this is going to be one confusing report to Hinon when all is said and done.

"Didn't you say that Nylor Truggs came from their era?"

"Yes?"

"Do you remember what happened to him?"
...And OL realises he's effed up by not looking into that. :eek:

Do I..?

"No. I don't. Why don't we ask Dana what happened to him and go from there?"
Oh, boy. Super-family teamup! Let's get Conner and Mitchell in here for the full set! Assuming one of them hasn't started using the name 'Wonder Boy' yet.

New Kara jumps for joy!

"Yay Team Supergirl!"
I like her. She says what we're all thinking! :p I foresee the others getting tired of her enthusiasm real quick, though... Ah, that post-90's cynicism.

Well, the gang's all here, let's get the party started! Seriously, I can imagine the Supergirls filling the roles of a teen girl comedy. The Smart one! The Energetic one! The Edgy one! The Dead-pan Serious one! At least they've got adult supervision to spare. Because I get the feeling Kara-1's going to keep blundering into trouble...

...having joined the Legion of Supeheroes...
...having joined the Legion of Superheroes...

:confused: "Why is the orange man laughing?"

He's not well in the head.

Because the Fifties.

True, though Paul once mentioned that on average humanoid societies tend to be patriarchal, so it's possible that it could have happened in Kryptons past but it just changed now.

That's debatable, but yes,

Though they are still pretty bad and shifty.

For good reasons.

Did she just try to do a flying charge at Angelika? Oh, boy... Girl, you are going to have to learn about impulse control. Because you are living in a world of cardboard. And that includes most people.

Fortunately most of the people in the room could probably handle her ... enthusiasm.

Man, this is going to be one confusing report to Hinon when all is said and done.

Aren't all of Paul's reports confusing?

Kara 16.

New Kara.

Loriel.

The Dead-pan Serious one

Dana, maybe?

For Angelika I'm guessing it's the formerly bad girl trying to change.

What properties do they have that make them different than Prime Earth Kryptonians?
Not sure why Prime Earth is relevant here, seeing as YJ is on Earth-Sixteen.

The big difference here though is that Earth One Kryptonians tend to be far closer to silver age Kryptonians/Superman when it comes to feats of strengths, New Kara could probably manhandle canon YJ Kal pretty easily if she got serious.

It's like comparing Black Adam and Bane, they both have super strength but one of them vastly eclipses the other.

The gap between them might be a bit different depending on how Zoat scales things but i'd still expect New Kara to outperform the others in the room by a significant margin.

It's possible that in their previous encounter Superman had him leave the universe so he can't get back and see what the deal with Paul is.
Hm... unlikely. Unless Zoat is doing it differently, Myxzptlk is only banished for 90 days at a time. Paul has been on Earth-16 for a bit more than two years now, so if the imp was going to take a look at all there's been more than enough time.

Who knows. Myx showing up can be a distraction from any plot that he isn't actually a part of, and if he IS it's usually either him being a pest with some warped contest or challenge or such, or something on the level of 'Emperor Joker' which is "reality is broken please leave your belief in a rational universe at the door."

"That is a surprising number. Individually, the arrival of each one makes sense, but-" Angelika looks at New Kara. "-I think there is something strange happening for us to have this many."

Noriel enters the room from the direction of the zeta tube, a flaming aura faintly visible around her.

"This many what?"

"Supergirls."

"Mxyzptlk?"
I'm a little surprised that he hasn't realized that him being post-crisis helps to explain a lot of things.
Why there are so many Supergirls, where alternate Kara came from, why there are two sets of Hawks with different histories, one set of whom had never shared any accounts of the current dimension's Thanagarian history, and didn't remember any details of it, until triggered to do so by a backstory inconsistency being resolved by her remembering a bunch of stuff about this dimension's ancient Thanagar.

"Mxyzptlk?"

Okay, the Rule of Funny says that when Mxy shows up, he takes one look at the 5 (or more) Supergirls and Nopes right out going home to Gsptlsnz until this bit of insanity blows over.

Darko I like dropping anvils on Nazis as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure Klarion still counts as human and wins out on sheer evil.

Successfully killing millions of small children and all.
I think you become an elemental once you ascend to the rank of a Lord of Order/Chaos. As such, he isn't human, but more like a posthuman.

....Thinking about it isn't New/Innocent Kara the strongest one there due to being an Earth-One Kryptonian? Gonna be interesting to see the others reactions when she decides to go all out.

Unless by that you mean Silver Age no, and were superheroes even able to mention....

Shit if she is from the late Silver age, she is due to a Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Darko I like dropping anvils on Nazis as much as the next guy but I'm pretty sure Klarion still counts as human and wins out on sheer evil.

Successfully killing millions of small children and all.

True, but Nazis are still pretty high up on the piece of shit list.

And the Nazis were known for killing millions, including children.

And Klarion killed around 800.000 children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back