• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Ah, some Renegade to cleanse the palate of OL's bad day in Vega.

"While I'm perfectly happy-" I try to avoid frowning as Sunset attaches one of her experimental thaumic flux detectors to my forehead. "-to assist you in your work, I was rather under the impression that you'd crack the whole-" Another goes on my right shoulder. "-alicorn transformation thing."
Should that be past tense or did I miss something?

Grayven, don't tease the confused Girl-Unicorn.

"Has someone started finding bipeds attractive?"
Highly unlikely.

She looks away, trying not to squirm. "Circe… Had a.. talk with me. Adom… Was.. there."
Oh Celestia... How embarassing must that have been?

She's actually blushing. It's adorable.
Evidently very embarassing.

"On Apokolips, it means 'I trust you enough not to wear armour around you'. That's a big deal, but it's not always sexual."
Fascinating. Does that mean when Barda walked around in her battle bikini, back in the 70's comics, she was relaxed around people?

"I think I'll stick-" She passes me the box containing the rest of the sensors and I obligingly begin attaching them as well. "-with magic. Wait." She frowns. "You walk around people who don't wear armour all the time."
Magic, at least, makes sense most of the time. Unlike people.

"Yes, but I have thirty years of memories of that being normal. At most, it makes me feel like I'm living on a weirdly friendly planet. It's actually quite nice. Even when I was on trial for murder… Everyone in that court room was my friend."
Given they'd seen what comes of being your enemy? I should think so...

"You're completely free to wonder around naked if you want."
Grayven! She's underage... For a human anyway.

I nod. "And that shampoo is probably really expensive."
:D

"I tested her shampoo when I was eight. It's not her shampoo. It could just be her age, what happens when the higher magic levels in her body keep building up, it.. could be something about her link with the sun… I don't know."
Maybe ponies just came bigger back then? (Minds out of the gutter, people! :mad:)

"Ah… It could. Celestia's really good at magic." Another eye roll. "Allegedly. And when she realised exactly why I wanted to study her she forbade me from studying her, which made doing it really difficult. It's possible that she used a glamour I couldn't detect, but… I don't think so. I'm mostly worried that there's something more that I don't know about because the evidence for it is hard to detect."
Good scientific reasoning.

I shrug. "I don't even remember my juvenile name. If she's close to making a breakthrough on her own, that might be part of it."
Admittedly, that's because it was never in any comic...

I don't bother mentioning that I'm effectively… Not mind controlling, but certainly mentally influencing people. I can cow peoples' spirits but I'm not going to be doing that here and now.
Yes, not something you want people knowing. Since in knowing, they would subconsciously resist...

Sunset's device beeps, and she smiles.
Good to see it working as...

And then it explodes.
...Well, then!

Oh, this should be interesting.

Conqueror's Moon?

Any ideas what that is?
I predict a Nightmare Moon situation, but with a Conquest-powered Sunset... Nightfall Glimmer? :D

Godspeech, hora hora!
It's a simple device, fuel, battery, the magnetic 'rifling' system which keeps the cloud of charged particles going where the shooter wants them, coolant to make sure that the rest of the gun doesn't melt and the mass of the body of the gun. But as I impress myself upon it that rapidly stops being the case. Now it's a tool, an instrument by which my territory can be defended and expanded. A symbol of the power of my legions and the order they bring, its fire scourging those who oppose me from the universe. And those manufacturing centre which produce it are evidence of the industrial power of my realm, the purpose I bring to the lives of all those who give of themselves to me.
"Alright." I put the gun, now simply a gun again rather than an instrument of my will.

Hm.

I close my eyes and reach out across the Challenger Mountain facility, feeling the weak shimmers of essence of each of the genomorphs and the more substantively resistance from Knockout's own divinity. She has accepted me as her overlord so I can bend her-. Ah, she feels it. And in any case her nature isn't actually opposed to mine. In another part I feel Mortalla's weaker soul, her nature far more… Synthetic. I'm not sure what Desaad did to make that happen, but I don't think he did it with a Father Box's aid. While she doesn't appear to be aware of what I'm doing, her nature isn't opposed to mine either.

I spread my awareness to every corner of the facility.

Sunset's device beeps, and she smiles.

The First Brick.

And then it explodes.

Last edited:
Oh boy, a Renegade segment!
(not sarcasm)

And it's focusing on Sunset too! While I'm not particularly a fan of MLP, I still think she's one of the more interesting characters in the Renegade 'verse, and the whole "two different universes, with different physics and magic systems interacting" thing is pretty interesting.

I am going to guess whatever the first brick is it's an energy field bigger then his head.
You're looking at it the wrong way; Grayven is a energy field larger than his own head. That fancy soul isn't just for show, after all.

And the energy-field rule doesn't apply to (half) energy beings.

I predict a Nightmare Moon situation, but with a Conquest-powered Sunset... Nightfall Glimmer? :D
This could be the right general idea. I had to go back and check why Grayven couldn't just boom tube to Wilson, but I guess you do have to know where the place is to do that.
It's red because it's a Grayven episode

I know that...and my question wasn't "Why is the text red?" But thanks anyway.

Could the anti-life fragment be distorting the readings?

I'm not allowed to argue about it, and I really, really want to.

It's better if we simply don't.
Reagan stopped being president in 89, which is twenty years ago this year. As long as what you want to argue about a) occured in 88 or before and b) is relevant to this stroy and c) you haven't been individually banned from doing so, then you are free to discuss it.

I think the device spontaneously awakened its divinity, bricked itself due to eating an energy field larger than its (metaphorical) head and then exploded.

I myself don't think that that's what happened, but your idea could be interesting in its implications for creating New God AIs/Boxes.

Better idea: file a suit at the Gotham City courthouse; PETER WYNNE vs. JOHN DOE (ALIAS "THE BATMAN"). I'm pretty sure there's legal precedent for keeping the legal identity of a defendant under seal, even in a civil case. Especially in superhero land. 'Peter' would have to tell the judge and publicly admit to knowing his name and residence, but he already has enough supervillains on staff to protect him.

I asked a lawyer friend and he said this wouldn't technically be legal, but it is the kind of illegal that is only enforced by the lawyers for the defendant objecting to it. So for a civil case, unless Batman wanted to out himself he could show up to court in the cowl and the case could proceed.

It's less clear for a criminal action.

Broken link.
Repeated sentence.

So, I looked at the instances August in Iron appeared or was mentioned in the story. At first he's called Captain August in Iron, or Captain Fang. When Grayven and team attack the watchtower, he's called General in Iron twice while still being called Captain Fang:
At the end of March in the Paragon timeline, he's called Colonel:
He's also called Colonel at the end of May in the Renegade timeline, though he claims that he only got the rank with Grayven's help:
Then in the beginning of July in the Paragon timeline, he's called Major Fang:
Going by how the ranking system works, did he get a double promotion and then a demotion in the Paragon timeline?
In theory, at the start, the durlan attack which caused him to become August X in Iron is relatively recent and he hasn't yet been promoted yet.

Having thought about it a bit more, I think it makes more sense for him to start as a Colonel and to get promoted to General. If someone would like to point out where the story is currently wrong I will correct it.
Now that that's done, I also have two questions. What does sunlight from a blue sun do to kryptonians in your story, and assuming what it does is interesting or different, will we ever see it in action?
The SI doesn't know, and probably not.

'Wrll' is correct, as she was making a noise.
Gotcha, sorry about that then. My only goal in this is bringing up stuff that might have been changed since the story was moved here, that kind of thing sticks out like a broken thumb to me. Sorry if/when I post redundant stuff, just trying to help.

This one is interesting because the page is still live, but the images linked on it which made the page relevant are now hotlink protected and not shown anymore. Or dead, or... whatever. Pretty sure it wasn't pictures of a kitten you meant to show.

Unfortunately, no one has put a completely legitimate scan of the Starman Annual where the affair is discussed. I've fixed the others, though.

Oracle didn't happen in the JLAU verse.

Probably because someone being paralyzed when they have access to super-tech medical technology and other types of healing was stupid.

oh i know, i just wanted to make the wordplay. :oops:
also, Joker could have easily gone to a magical Supervillain and created a curse, or made it a psycosomatic effect of the attack that she can't walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back