• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I'm wonder what 'of the badness' would happen if a Black Ring got to 100% in the Buffyverse.

Summon Nekron? From where? Does he exist in that universe or would he be summoned from another? Is Nekron multi-universal?

Would it overwhelm Zaul and make him LIKE Nekron with wanting to kill all life/the Life Entity?

Would it summon/call/open a gateway to some Buffyverse Demon/God/Old One connected to Death?

Goddammit Zoat every new SI New Starting Location DLC has the FRESH and NEW vibe to the point where I want like 20 WTR spinoff stories now.

Also for the dusting debate: Having your heart ripped out by a Black Lantern feeding on you kills you, regardless of if you would normally have lasted another six hours or not. And vampires dust when killed.

I'm wonder what 'of the badness' would happen if a Black Ring got to 100% in the Buffyverse.

Summon Nekron? From where? Does he exist in that universe or would he be summoned from another? Is Nekron multi-universal?

Would it overwhelm Zaul and make him LIKE Nekron with wanting to kill all life/the Life Entity?

Would it summon/call/open a gateway to some Buffyverse Demon/God/Old One connected to Death?

Goddammit Zoat every new SI New Starting Location DLC has the FRESH and NEW vibe to the point where I want like 20 WTR spinoff stories now.
Canonically, Nekron has worked with Krona.

In this story, that is because way back when Krona was first experimenting with power rings, he had some indirect communication with Nekron and made a single black ring, which the Black Lantern SI now wears.

If the Black Lantern SI reaches 100%, Nekron starts to hear it. He doesn't turn up immediatelybut he's not the sort of person you want taking an interest in your universe.

In theory, The Powers That Be are nigh-omnipotent and nigh-omniscient and could do something about Nekron showing up. They supposedly care about Humanity and guiding the forces of good.

In practice, they do fuck all besides occasionally handing out visions that let heroic individuals stop demonic shit.

For whatever reason, they insist on not actively intervening. Only indirectly guiding people. To the point that when a character actually managed to ascend to their ranks she spent nearly every moment of her time as one of the Powers basically bitching about how she's not allowed to just zap problems away.

It's a thing I really fucking hate in fiction.

"Oh, there's actually a group of good aligned beings with the power of gods hanging around and they could easily solve so many problems with the forces of darkness . . . But they arbitrarily decided on a non-interference clause because apparently letting a shitload of people suffer and die at the hands of demonic forces is better than just nipping that demon problem in the bud."

So what the Powers would actually do if it looked like the Black Ring was nearing 100% charge is throw out a few prophetic visions to get other people to stop him from maxing out the charge.

Last edited:
In theory, The Powers That Be are nigh-omnipotent and nigh-omniscient and could do something about Nekron showing up. They supposedly care about Humanity and guiding the forces of good.

In practice, they do fuck all besides occasionally handing out visions that let heroic individuals stop demonic shit.

For whatever reason, they insist on not actively intervening. Only indirectly guiding people. To the point that when a character actually managed to ascend to their ranks she spent nearly every moment of her time as one of the Powers basically bitching about how she's not allowed to just zap problems away.
Given that "The Powers That Be" relied on more or less mortal humans to do their job for them, and Nekron is a universe-level threat, I'm betting on Nekron. Admittedly, nearly everything I know about BtVS is from a crossover fanfic, and everything I know about DC is from fanfiction and the crappy wikis, so I could be wrong.

Has Mr Zoat mentioned how he's handling the multiple incarnations of Death in this setting? I'm not sure what the mainstream DC canon's stance is on having Death of the Endless, Nekron, the Rot, the New Gods' Black Racer, the Speed Force's Black Flash (though since there's no Speed Force on Earth-16Z this one is pointless) all together. Sure, you have multiple gods and spirits linked to death like Hades, but that does seem different from these elemental embodiments.

The best excuse the Powers have is that they aren't able to interfere that much with the mortal world, not just because of their rules but they can't do it because that is how their powers work and they do it through agents.

Zoat said that Old Gods in his story can't manifest their full powers in the mortal world when assuming an avatar, to the point that a high tier metahuman could defeat them with difficulty, so they either sire demigods or empower mortal to do their bidding, so maybe that is what is happening with the Powers in Buffy

Though yeah they do a pretty shitty job even if they are limited.

For Death of the Endless I think that Zoat would portray her as being the embodiment of all death, while the others like Nekron represent emotional death, the Rot physical death, the Black Racer could be some kind of Grim Reaper for the New Gods.

Has Mr Zoat mentioned how he's handling the multiple incarnations of Death in this setting? I'm not sure what the mainstream DC canon's stance is on having Death of the Endless, Nekron, the Rot, the New Gods' Black Racer, the Speed Force's Black Flash (though since there's no Speed Force on Earth-16Z this one is pointless) all together. Sure, you have multiple gods and spirits linked to death like Hades, but that does seem different from these elemental embodiments.
From what I recall, Death of the Endless can be thought of as "That Which is Willingly Embraced", and Nekron is "The Final Opponent". The Rot is an Elemental Plane centered on Earth, and does not cover the entire universe. No clue about the others.

Well, we do have one example of a Power that thought it was really fucking stupid to not actively intervene in Earth's affairs.

She had to set in motion a lot of convoluted and even nasty shit to basically exploit a loophole that would let her manifest on Earth without the other Powers stopping her.

Called herself Jasmine and her solution to world peace and the triumph of good was to basically mass-brainwash the world. The heroes eventually stopped her because knowing and uttering her true name fucks her avatar hard.

As for why they moved to stop her? Beyond not liking the mind control stuff, she had to eat people to sustain her avatar. And the greater her influence on Earth the more people she had to eat to keep her avatar going. (Because apparently mind-controlling people to be good is a real power hog.)

One of the last things she says before being defeated . . .

"And how many will die because of you? I could've stopped it, Angel. All of it. War, disease, poverty. How many precious, beautiful lives would've been saved in a handful of years? Yes, I murdered thousands to save billions. This world is doomed to drown in its own blood now."

From what I recall, Death of the Endless can be thought of as "That Which is Willingly Embraced", and Nekron is "The Final Opponent". The Rot is an Elemental Plane centered on Earth, and does not cover the entire universe. No clue about the others.

Swamp Thing once travelled to Lantern Medphyll's planet or something, right? I thought that meant the Elemental Planes are actually universal in scope, like Hell is; it's just divided into sub-planes tied to specific places, and it's difficult to travel between them.

I remember coming across that quote on TV Tropes, and seem to remember Neil Gaiman disapproving of it, saying that Death of the Endless is the ultimate embodiment (and as a prequel story shows, she wasn't always the cheerful version we know and love).

For Death of the Endless I think that Zoat would portray her as being the embodiment of all death, while the others like Nekron represent emotional death, the Rot physical death, the Black Racer could be some kind of Grim Reaper for the New Gods.

I did forget that Paragon has identified the black light as a desire for nullity or death drive, so there's a clear distinction there (I'm still holding out for Desire meeting with Paul and/or Ophidian, since that's a bit analogous to Death and Nekron).
Also, not to call you out or anything Darko, but I recommend using the Reply/Quote function, it provides some clarity on the flow of the conversation that I need sometimes when reading your posts, especially on the few occasions that you're replying to me and I've missed it.

Last edited:
Swamp Thing once travelled to Lantern Medphyll's planet or something, right? I thought that meant the Elemental Planes are actually universal in scope, like Hell is; it's just divided into sub-planes tied to specific places, and it's difficult to travel between them.

I remember coming across that quote on TV Tropes, and seem to remember Neil Gaiman disapproving of it, saying that Death of the Endless is the ultimate embodiment (and as a prequel story shows, she wasn't always the cheerful version we know and love).

I did forget that Paragon has identified the black light as a desire for nullity or death drive, so there's a clear distinction there (I'm still holding out for Desire meeting with Paul and/or Ophidian, since that's a bit analogous to Death and Nekron).
Also, not to call you out or anything Darko, but I recommend using the Reply/Quote function, it provides some clarity on the flow of the conversation that I need sometimes when reading your posts, especially on the few occasions that you're replying to me and I've missed it.
There's one Dream and one Destiny, with the Book of Fate, for the whole DC universe, and the universe comes out of the Dreaming (in the pretty cosmological pictures that you can find online), so, odds are Death is the one for the entire universe, and maybe she keeps a Black Racer costume in her wardrobe...

Of course, DC may have thrown that out the window, in yet another retcon...

Nekron is up there with Trigon and Satanish, over-powers of evil...

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the mainstream DC canon's stance is on having Death of the Endless, Nekron, the Rot, the New Gods' Black Racer, the Speed Force's Black Flash
Death of the Endless said to Lex Luthor that her role is to be the death of all thing, even Nekron, so i guess then like someone said above me, Death is the true embodiment of Death (....i hope you don't lose me on that one) while Nekron and the others are just embodiment of some of the facet of the concept.

Also for the dusting debate: Having your heart ripped out by a Black Lantern feeding on you kills you, regardless of if you would normally have lasted another six hours or not. And vampires dust when killed.

Atrocitus survived a black lantern taking his heart, because as a red lantern he wasn't using it anyway.

That was a specific spell that involved removing a vampire's heart as part of the ritual. But you don't actually care about that, you're just Vaermina-posting.

I love that this story has been going on long enough that we have names for certain kinds of posts :). (No sarcasm, I legitimately love this)

So, since we're in the middle of an event involving countless different versions of the SI, and one of the films (Justice League) is currently on my TV right now, I was just wondering, is there a version of him in the DC Extended Universe?

IIRC the Black Racer/Black Flash is "Death as inevitable end".

Also possibly Buffy herself depending on what point in the timeline it is.

If it was any one else or if she was operating in any other universe i'd disagree, but Buffy becomes THE Slayer the Slayer to end all Slayers, the longest lived and most experienced slayer with the biggest most varied body count of any slayer ever.

I think Zoat said something about a April Fools episode with Rita Repulsa once.

Knowing Buffy Summers' predilection for undead older guys with sad backstories? Wouldn't be a bit surprised if she has a massive crush. With Xander being the voice of misguided (right idea, wrong reason) reason.

Hey, Xander crushed on Dracula. Sort of.

Also, his Spike comments.

For whatever reason, they insist on not actively intervening.

The way I understand it it's a Mutual Assured Destruction situation. If both sides went full out, they and Earth would die. So they play an indirect game.

Remember that the bad guys are holding back as well: the Wolf, the Ram and the Heart could throw LA into a hell dimension on a whim. Yet they didn't.

The way I understand it it's a Mutual Assured Destruction situation. If both sides went full out, they and Earth would die. So they play an indirect game.

Remember that the bad guys are holding back as well: the Wolf, the Ram and the Heart could throw LA into a hell dimension on a whim. Yet they didn't.
Pretty much.

Hell, the only reason BL Paul likely still exists is because one side or another is using him to further their own aims.

Pretty much.

Hell, the only reason BL Paul likely still exists is because one side or another is using him to further their own aims.

Alternatively, they've already got things handled, tossing issues just big enough to drain his energy fighting whenever he gets too powerful while making sure he doesn't get in such trouble that he goes on a murder spree and starts getting upper percentiles.

Alternatively, they've already got things handled, tossing issues just big enough to drain his energy fighting whenever he gets too powerful while making sure he doesn't get in such trouble that he goes on a murder spree and starts getting upper percentiles.
And the only reason they would do something like that instead of just utterly destroying him is if one side or the other was using him for something.

The other reason Zaul may still exist is that he is just an insignificant individual at this point.

He has probably just been killing vamps this entire time and not doing anything that big to attract the attention of the big players yet.

The ring and its connection to Nekron also wouldn't count if the various powers can't sense the connection it has to him, or they think he is nothing special seeing as there are probably thousand of things that have a connection to some evil god like thing in the universe and they just think that Nekron is small potatoes either because they are underestimating him, or because he may very well be small potatoes in comparison to some of the things running around the Buffyverse

So, since we're in the middle of an event involving countless different versions of the SI, and one of the films (Justice League) is currently on my TV right now, I was just wondering, is there a version of him in the DC Extended Universe?
No, but April 2013 has a few segments where far future Grayven went there in an attempt to save the Justice League film from being rubbish. He openly states his motivation, allies with other somewhat-realised characters with believable motivations and actually wins a few fights to establish himself as a threat.
I think Zoat said something about a April Fools episode with Rita Repulsa once.
Yep. Next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back