• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Not sure what she really expects to learn. Raised under completely different circumstances with a different nation, a different ideology, and different authority figures . . . Her alternative is as much her as any random stranger.

====

And to chime in a bit more on the Mayor. The "fun" thing about him is that he is a genuinely nice guy that also happens to be willing to commit quite a few evil acts to accomplish his goals.

Like giving relationship advice to Angel and Buffy because he knows what it's like to be an immortal in a relationship with a mortal. Because he had a wife that grew increasingly bitter and resentful of his immortality as she grew older and he remained the same. But he stayed with and supported her through it all.

Also, Word of God is that none of the affability is faked; he's honestly a nice guy who just happens to also be an evil monster who wants to rule the world. Groener ad-libbed a bit after a group of cub scouts leave the Mayor's office following a photo-op, saying how annoying they were. Joss jumped in and said, (paraphrased), "No, he genuinely likes the boy scouts and thinks involved, social kids like that are the future of the country!"

Not sure what she really expects to learn. Raised under completely different circumstances with a different nation, a different ideology, and different authority figures . . . Her alternative is as much her as any random stranger.

Yeah, they may not even share the smallest things like a favorite food, because her genetic alteration affected her taste buds.
Plus this version of her would appear as a woman in her late thirties and not like someone that is still in their twenties

Is it really wise to have Harley Quinn of all people be the first impression of a jew for a person you want to become less anti semitic?
Like I know she hasn't snapped yet, but that doesen't seem to be the greates idea.

Is it really wise to have Harley Quinn of all people be the first impression of a jew for a person you want to become less anti semitic?
Like I know she hasn't snapped yet, but that doesen't seem to be the greates idea.

She is a highly skilled and intelligent psychologist that has a history of dealing with superpowered people.

Really, as of now, the most objectionable thing about her is her accent. And it ain't that bad.

I dont know how much it's true in this story, but she usually doesn't have a past of mental stability even before she met the Joker, like i get that she is reasonably safe, but why taje the risk.

Are they, really? Even afterward? Or should it be "were"?
Thank you, corrected.
built

^ Note to new proofreaders: You should provide more context for your corrections or the author won't know which word you're asking to change.
No, I just didn't change the version in the main thread for some reason. Story Only and my Word format version were changed.

I dont know how much it's true in this story, but she usually doesn't have a past of mental stability even before she met the Joker, like i get that she is reasonably safe, but why taje the risk.

The SI told her that she just had problems with males in authority after their date.
Considering the fact that he probably got a good look at her on an emotional level I'm fairly certain that she is stable

When the local night-life tends to be immune to bullets (unless they're made of wood,) Caution is to be expected...
Correction, guns wont kill a vampire but there is a wide gap between something not killing you and something not hurting you. Something Darla showed Angel quite well after she laid him on the floor helpless after shooting him. And most demons are even more vulnerable to high caliber guns shooting at them considering they actually need their internal organs intact.

The reason why the Sunnydale Police are useless is because they are naturally in the Mayor's pocket, so there's quite a bit of corruption and incompetence inside the police.

As for why so few people use guns, well if the bad guy's started using guns as standard issue(as opposed to occasional one-offs to show how dangerous they are) the heroes would be fucked, and the good guys seemed to have divided opinions. Wesley over in Angel didn't have any problems with shooting demons with shotguns but the Scoobies have this huge hang up with using guns to the point where they make pointy-stick launcher superheroes look progressive.

Last edited:
Aside from being in the Mayors pocket the cops could also be afraid of the vamps and demons, because lets face it what isn't there to be afraid off.

Another reason so few people probably use guns is well they may think they don't work against monsters.
Remember when OL was talking to Lady Clayface, when she was pretending to be a guard, and she said that she thought guns don't work against vamps.

Secret societies that are fighting vamps may consider their traditions to be more important than improving themselves, so because they have been fighting using things like swords and spears for centuries other weapons are unacceptable.
I know this seems like a stupid reason, but considering what some secret societies in fiction do it isn't that far off.

I mean the League of Shadows thought a space death ray was a good way to save the environment

I'm just going to take a distant stab at things.
Overgirl is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.

Buffy Summers is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.
*pokes buffy wiki* And evidently played pretend with her cousin, as 'Power Girl', saving the innocent civilians.

Anyone else expecting more then a touch of a physical resemblance if and when they meet?

I'm just going to take a distant stab at things.
Overgirl is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.

Buffy Summers is a blond superstrong teen that violently deals with threats to her world and was empowered by others to do her duty.
*pokes buffy wiki* And evidently played pretend with her cousin, as 'Power Girl', saving the innocent civilians.

Anyone else expecting more then a touch of a physical resemblance if and when they meet?

Be funny to find Buffy is the local equivalent of Nazi SuperGirl.

Willow: I still can't believe your a Nazi!

Buffy: I'm not! That other me is! And let's not forget Vampire Slut you!!

Ha!

But seriously there may be a small chance that this is true and the reason Zaul hasn't pointed out that they are the same person is that he's too lazy to do it.

It most likely isn't treu that they are counterparts, just two women that share a similar story and life

Irrevocably? Not necessarily. First? I wouldn't be so certain about that either.
No, it's very much irrevocable at this point.

Removing Glory from the playing field before the monks could turn Dawn into the key would be almost dooming the universe on it's own.

But that on top of removing the Mayor and freeing the First Evil to act early?

There's quite literally no way to prevent the entire dimension from collapsing when Twilight shows up.

Paul in Worm probably wouldn't be that interesting since he lacks a way to recharge his ring and worm isn't the kind of world where gathering enough resources makes much of a difference unless the resources s are parahumans, in which case the difference will be negative unless they were created by cauldron.

Last edited:
Only meaningful mention of Germany on the Bufgyverse wiki was that Darla was there in the 1930s, although I can't imagine that that would imply anything.

Paul in Worm probably wouldn't be that interesting since he lacks a way to recharge his ring and worm isn't the kind of world where gathering enough recources makes much of a difference unless the recourses are parahumans, in which case the difference will be negative unless they were created by cauldron.
That word. It does not mean what you think it means.

Essentially, the idea was that he would 'adapt' a parahuman energy manipulator to recharge his ring.

There's a fan omake, but last I heard Zoat hasn't read Worm, so there won't be a Worm Alt.Paul anytime soon, sorry.
That hasn't stopped a lot of other Worm fanfic writers.

Paul in Worm probably wouldn't be that interesting since he lacks a way to recharge his ring and worm isn't the kind of world where gathering enough recources makes much of a difference unless the recourses are parahumans, in which case the difference will be negative unless they were created by cauldron.
He could hire L33t to make him a lantern like device.

Essentially, the idea was that he would 'adapt' a parahuman energy manipulator to recharge his ring.
Yeah, but if that was possible it would mean the Entities had access to the emotional spectrum, which would remove the entire point of the cycle.

So it's not a reasonable inclusion in a what if scenario.

Either they didn't notice the Spectrum or they can't use it for whatever reason.

The Lightsmiths in the n52 comics based their civilization around the spectrum for their power, but eventually ran out of energy.

So either the Spectrum doesn't have enough power for them, they can't use said power, don't know about it etc.

Or they're just stupid

If they cant use use spectrum, then a shard which only has a fraction of their power would not be able to.

Yeah, but if that was possible it would mean the Entities had access to the emotional spectrum, which would remove the entire point of the cycle.

So it's not a reasonable inclusion in a what if scenario.
They lack the appropriate emotional range and technological base.
If they cant use use spectrum, then a shard which only has a fraction of their power would not be able to.
Orange rings can gaolbreak shards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back