• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

It could be possible for the ring to recharge from other sources.

Lord Protector was able to use one of those magic stones and Sybarite ate demons

I kind of want to see a Paul in Worm.
Could be interesting, but it's unclear whether the Emotional Spectrum exists as something useful to Power Rings in the Worm-verse. The Entities might well be interested in Power Ring tech, as something to add to their tech base, and how they might harvest that is something rarely seen in fanfics (I don't think the loss of the Thinker would necessarily prevent such harvesting, as it's likely semi-autonomous).

Mr Zoat is a sneaky author, so I don't know what he'd do with a Worm SI. Finding a way to suck power out of shards, or the shard-cape interface, might be interesting. Breaking the black boxing of Tinker Tech could be fun. Getting a Tinker tech Lantern, that uses a shard to recharge his Ring, and the shard in turn harvesting solar energy in its dimensional Earth might work... OJ getting Earth to start going Entity hunting, across the dimensions, after the Warrior is dealt with? Quite a lot of possibilities...

Reading Worm and risking getting depressed may not be desirable - you could try reading Taylor Varga, assuming you don't object too much to slice-of-life trolling demonic lizards. :)

(Reader health warning: TV is up to 1.8m words, and the omake are above half-a-mega word...)

They lack the appropriate emotional range and technological base.
The emotional range shouldn't really be a problem, since the entities create avatars every cycle based on other species and become able to feel as they do.

But I didn't think a certain technological base was necessary, didn't the guardians access it through bacteria?
Orange rings can gaolbreak shards.
Shards located in other universes?
It could be possible for the ring to recharge from other sources.

Lord Protector was able to use one of those magic stones and Sybarite ate demons
Yeah, but that was explicitly magic, which as far as we know doesn't exist in worm.

It would be difficult to find a Tinker who can make a lantern.

Yeah, but that was explicitly magic, which as far as we know doesn't exist in worm.

Exotic energy then.

And yeah read Taylor Varga, nice slice of life elements there.
Still prefer Fragments of Chaldea though for my slice of life stories

Essentially, the idea was that he would 'adapt' a parahuman energy manipulator to recharge his ring.

Like...'parahuman energy manipulator' like Purity or Legend

OR

A 'parahuman energy manipulator' machine of some kind?

OR

A 'parahuman energy manipulator' like a shard?

Purity of Earth, you belong to Agent Orange. You are the Orange Central Power Battery.

Reading Worm and risking getting depressed may not be desirable - you could try reading Taylor Varga, assuming you don't object too much to slice-of-life trolling demonic lizards.
I gave up on Taylor Varga due to the lack of challenge the main character faced.
But I didn't think a certain technological base was necessary, didn't the guardians access it through bacteria?
No. They gained great power from their symbiotes, but glow-based power came from later.
Shards located in other universes?
Sure. Shards have an interface in Universe Bet with a connection to the planet-sized mass of alien machinery which does the heavy lifting. By definition, that link must be two-way.
Like...'parahuman energy manipulator' like Purity or Legend

OR

A 'parahuman energy manipulator' machine of some kind?

OR

A 'parahuman energy manipulator' like a shard?

Purity of Earth, you belong to Agent Orange. You are the Orange Central Power Battery.
A parahuman whose ability was to manipulate various forms of energy to a small degree.

Leet's not omnipotent, he can't literally make anything once.

Leet wouldn't need to make an actual Power Battery, just a machine to punch through dimensions/universes and into the elemental Plane of Avarice. I'm pretty sure since Bet has contact with another earth through a portal then Leet with his 'build anything that could be built within a few decades rule' could reach another dimension.

I think that's how a marvel Paul charged his Ring for a while? Norn stone to punch through to the Elemental Plane of Avarice.

Then that universes Hela slapped him, (kissed him?), and made him a Power Battery out of ...Nidhoggs skull? I think? A dragons skull at least.

Last edited:
Leet wouldn't need to make an actual Power Battery, just a machine to punch through dimensions/universes and into the elemental Plane of Avarice. I'm pretty sure since Bet has contact with another earth through a portal then Leet with his 'build anything that could be built within a few decades rule' could reach another dimension.

I think that's how a marvel Paul charged his Ring for a while? Norn stone to punch through to the Elemental Plane of Avarice.

Then that universes Hela slapped him, (kissed him?), and made him a Power Battery out of ...Nidhoggs skull? I think? A dragons skull at least.

I don't remember reading that, but for dragon skulls its appropriate to make an orange power battery out of, Fafnir, the dwarf cursed by the ring and gold of Andvari whose greed turned him into a dragon would be my number one choice with a bullet.

There's also a fantasy comedy novel "Expecting Someone Taller" when a guy gets the cursed ring which makes him the secret ruler of the world and can summon an infinite amount of gold. And has Rhinemaidens showing up to seduce him and Dwarfs begging for the ring, and Wotan now has an interest in him...

You missed the literal genie in the room.

A Rocket Launcher isn't forged.
The full line is something along the lines of "He cannot be killed by any weapon forged by man". The Rocket Launcher was manufactured and put together by machines. It's like how Duncan could kill Macbeth because he was a c-section. Magic loopholes are a doozy.

The full line is something along the lines of "He cannot be killed by any weapon forged by man". The Rocket Launcher was manufactured and put together by machines. It's like how Duncan could kill Macbeth because he was a c-section. Magic loopholes are a doozy.
Or the Nazgul in Lord of the Rings when they said no man could kill them.

Or the Nazgul in Lord of the Rings when they said no man could kill them.
That wasn't a loophole. That was Glorfindel foreseeing the Witch King's death and noting that it wasn't a male who'd kill him, so warning the Dunedain prince not to go and try, and then die. He didn't have any male specific immunity. It's just that it wasn't going to be whatshisname who'd kill him.

That's assuming that there was a magic loophole.

The pieces of the Judge left after being hit by the rocket launcher might not have been dead. There was dialogue in the episode lampshading it with Buffy mentioning "they can't be sure" he's dead.

Also assuming that there was any magic to loophole, "no weapon forged by man" might simply have been a boast based on available weapon technology of the 14th century. Which is actually the implication I got from the episode.

Twilight is older then Buffy verse's Earth, so there's nothing to prevent.

Incorrect.

The events of the series finale were what drew Twilight's attention to Buffy.

The events of the finale get butterflied away from the vast changes killing off the Mayor and Glory early would have caused, and Twilight is left a prophecy waiting to be fulfilled.

No Glory, no second resurrection, no opening for the First Evil, which leads to Buffy and Willow not doing anything to kickstart Twilight.

You appear to be missing my point there. I'm disagreeing with your use of "when" instead of "if". As pointed out by Stsstreets word, most of the following seasons have been butterflied by such things as Buffy now not dying on schedule. Unless you think she's going to take a high dive onto pavement just to maintain the future plot?

Incorrect.

The events of the series finale were what drew Twilight's attention to Buffy.

The events of the finale get butterflied away from the vast changes killing off the Mayor and Glory early would have caused, and Twilight is left a prophecy waiting to be fulfilled.

No Glory, no second resurrection, no opening for the First Evil, which leads to Buffy and Willow not doing anything to kickstart Twilight.
Incorrect.

The actual event that drew Twilight's attention was the Slayer's power being split, an event that already occurred.

You appear to be missing my point there. I'm disagreeing with your use of "when" instead of "if". As pointed out by Stsstreets word, most of the following seasons have been butterflied by such things as Buffy now not dying on schedule. Unless you think she's going to take a high dive onto pavement just to maintain the future plot?
All of which is completely meaningless due to the things that cause the actual universal destruction being long ago set in motion.

Twilight is the "child" of Buffy and Angel. It both existed and was aware of them before the series even began, because of extra-dimensional fuckery, and was manipulating events to ensure its own birth as a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy.

I suppose the question is . . . Would it be able to attempt to course correct or would it poof away?

It's a stupid fucking plotline either way. Like most of what goes on in the comics.

All of which is completely meaningless due to the things that cause the actual universal destruction being long ago set in motion.
Oh no, the bad things will happen on (or ahead of) schedule because reasons, but nobody can possibly stop them because canon has been blatantly interfered with and it's completely impossible for them to be stopped except exactly the way they were in canon! Oh noes!

Also assuming that there was any magic to loophole, "no weapon forged by man" might simply have been a boast based on available weapon technology of the 14th century. Which is actually the implication I got from the episode.
That was my impression. Otherwise someone would have just bashed his head in with a rock.

Remember that while she has never taken people to be exterminated, she still works for a nation that does that, and seeing as Raul is powered by rage I don't think he will that sympathetic to her.

You remember Max's reaction to her, right? Now multiply that level of anger by about 10 and significantly diminish the capacity for slowing down and thinking about what he's doing. Yeah, Raul's not going to pull punches with Overgirl.

(Reader health warning: TV is up to 1.8m words, and the omake are above half-a-mega word...)

Heh. That would make it the 3rd longest ongoing web fiction I read if I were to pick it up. Big word counts aren't scary. They just mean that I'm not going to be having withdraws any time soon.

Then again, I'm having trouble keeping up with Zoat lately, and I still haven't gotten to this month's Deathworlders update. Dangit. Stupid real world with it's stupid everybody suddenly needing more technology to work from home because of stupid microscopic protein bags.

Incorrect.

The actual event that drew Twilight's attention was the Slayer's power being split, an event that already occurred.

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! But thank you for playing! Bob, tell the studio audience what the consolation prize is!

"Giles: For thousands of years, the universe has been watching, waiting to find one Slayer, just one, who measures up to its test. Century after century, they all meet the same fate. [...] Until Buffy Summers came along and did the one thing that no Slayer, no Slayer in history, had ever done before.

Willow: She shared the power."

If returning from the dead was what kickstarted Twilight, Willow would have said so.

Not to mention that Buffy becoming the celestial madonna for a new universe via the impressive impressive act of lying there dead while Xander performed CPR is ridiculous.

Last edited:
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! But thank you for playing! Bob, tell the studio audience what the consolation prize is!

"Giles: For thousands of years, the universe has been watching, waiting to find one Slayer, just one, who measures up to its test. Century after century, they all meet the same fate. [...] Until Buffy Summers came along and did the one thing that no Slayer, no Slayer in history, had ever done before.

Willow: She shared the power."

If returning from the dead was what kickstarted Twilight, Willow would have said so.

Not to mention that Buffy becoming the celestial madonna for a new universe via the impressive impressive act of lying there dead while Xander performed CPR is ridiculous.
Yes yes, I know you can quote the wikia quite well by now, but you missed the part from the actual comic where that was Giles guessing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back