• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Hm. He would have been infected before the procedure. I don't know enough about it to know whether the Super Soldier Formula makes the recipients immune to disease. If it does, yes.
It did in the 616 continuity. Earth's Mightiest Heroes doesn't have enough information about it to say for sure, but it seems reasonable to assume the answer is "yes."

It did in the 616 continuity. Earth's Mightiest Heroes doesn't have enough information about it to say for sure, but it seems reasonable to assume the answer is "yes."
In that case, he'd have been cured by the procedure. Which probably has nothing to do with why it hasn't been reinvented at all.

I wonder if the Inhumans hate mutants because of the virus, or just for normal reasons.

Time to update the list of Pauls.

1. Paragon SI = Earth 16A (Young Justice), eventually becomes the "Future SI" briefly seen in Fool's Canon
  2. Renegade SI/"Grayven" = Earth16B (Young Justice)
  3. "Peter Wynne" = Earth 12 (DC Animated Universe)
  4. Red Lantern = Earth ??? (Teen Titans 2003)
  5. "Saul Talbot" = Earth ??? (The Boys)
  6. Power Ring Blue = Earth -14 (unseen universe from the DCAU's version of COTE)
  7. Avenger SI = Earth 8096 (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
  8. S.W.O.R.D. SI = Earth 199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
  9. Mandate SI/Time Trapper = Earth 16C (alt-timeline caused by time travel)
  10. Anti-Green Lantern/Slave SI = Earth ??? (Justice League Animated Pitch)
  11. Eros Paragon SI = Earth 16D (Young Justice)
  12. Sybarite = Earth ??? (unknown incarnation of DC
  13. Survivor SI = Earth ??? (Fallout)
  14. Eternian SI = ??? (He-Man 2002 Animated Series)
I've seen all the other Pauls except the SWORD SI. Could someone please link that?

You know, considering in the orginal series that back on Trolla, Orko actually IS a strong and competent sorcerer, once he gets a suitable wand with Paul and the Sorceress' help, I wonder how much of a shock it'll be for the heroes to see the seemingly bumbling trollan actually fend Skeletor off with his spellwork.

He's also an Avenger and Tony's rich enough to toss as many lawyers at the problem as they need.
This is an uncontested adoption, Lawyers are pretty much meaningless.

Fact is with this sort of thing the Judge can say "no" for quite literally any reason and there's no grounds to contest or argue it. And those things I listed? Each one on it's own is often a disqualifying thing.

And that's not even taking account the whole "2X year old guy trying to adopt a teenage girl he's only known a short time" angle.

He is a Superhero, a very rich and attractive Superhero, normal rules dont really apply here.
Unless he's old family money that basically owns the judge ala Bruce Wayne or using his money to bribe the judge, that doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
This is an uncontested adoption, Lawyers are pretty much meaningless.
This is almost true, but you forgot one thing:

A man who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Given that the whole thing is largely a formality anyway, having a lawyer is itself a formality that shows that you care about seeing things through the right way. A judge who sees that you're following procedure is more likely to rule in your favor than a judge who sees that you're on your own in a courtroom.

Unless he's old family money that basically owns the judge ala Bruce Wayne or using his money to bribe the judge, that doesn't really matter.
Celebrity is a currency of its own. Being wealthy, being well-recognized, and/or being well-respected are all factors that play into how sympathetic people are to you. It's a subconscious thing. Even just hearing someone's name before is enough to influence a decision -- this is known as the "mere exposure" effect. Have you ever wondered why celebrities are more likely to get off without punishment more than the common person? It's not because they're directly bribing the judge and jury.

I've honestly never understood the Buzz over the "Super" Soldier serum in universe. Like...it's not THAT impressive. Given that most of what makes Steve such an asset is his tactical mind and good nature. Neither of which the serum has anything to do with.

I also remember that it was originally just Steroid treatments. But yeah.

I mean Stark's Iron-tech is what you'd want for "Super" Soldiers I would think. It's far more powerful, infinitely upgradable, and if said soldier goes rogue....you can take it from them. Granted, much like Batman, Steve CLEARLY has Super-human abilities at times rather then the Supra that he's supposed to have.

Plus, in a world where the X-gene seems to be humanity's ultimate gift and destiny....it just seems like it'd be obsolete quickly.

I've honestly never understood the Buzz over the "Super" Soldier serum in universe. Like...it's not THAT impressive. Given that most of what makes Steve such an asset is his tactical mind and good nature. Neither of which the serum has anything to do with.
The Super-Soldier Serum boosts everything about a person. Their body, their mind, even their morality. A smart person becomes smarter, a personable person becomes more charismatic, a good person becomes a true hero, an evil person becomes a wicked villain.

The Super-Soldier Serum boosts everything about a person. Their body, their mind, even their morality. A smart person becomes smarter, a personable person becomes more charismatic, a good person becomes a true hero, an evil person becomes a wicked villain.
And they are still at the bottom end of the getting your ass kicked by super powers pool.

That was the only thing that the Civil war storyline did right, showing how utterly outmatched Cap would be towards Iron man.

God, that part of the movie annoyed me so fucking much. Like, I didn't mind Cap hitting Tony with shield, that's totally cool.

But then he starts pounding away at Tony's TANK SHELL PROOF armor as if that would do anything other than shatter his hands. Jesus Christ, he even starts to work the body. Like, oh yeah Steve, those body shots are going to go right through Tony's titanium, resisted strikes from fucking THOR, armor, into his abs, tighten up the muscles to restrict breathing and then sink into his legs to restrict movement (Why you work the body in a fight 101).

Now I"m all annoyed again. Don't even get me started on Steve managing to overpower SPIDER-MAN for fucks sake. Parker could have solo'd Cap's entire fucking team. With only G.I.Ant-man able to more than get the fuck smack laid down upon him.

And they are still at the bottom end of the getting your ass kicked by super powers pool.

That was the only thing that the Civil war storyline did right, showing how utterly outmatched Cap would be towards Iron man.

God, that part of the movie annoyed me so fucking much. Like, I didn't mind Cap hitting Tony with shield, that's totally cool.

But then he starts pounding away at Tony's TANK SHELL PROOF armor as if that would do anything other than shatter his hands. Jesus Christ, he even starts to work the body. Like, oh yeah Steve, those body shots are going to go right through Tony's titanium, resisted strikes from fucking THOR, armor, into his abs, tighten up the muscles to restrict breathing and then sink into his legs to restrict movement (Why you work the body in a fight 101).

Now I"m all annoyed again. Don't even get me started on Steve managing to overpower SPIDER-MAN for fucks sake. Parker could have solo'd Cap's entire fucking team. With only G.I.Ant-man able to more than get the fuck smack laid down upon him.

Doesn't MCU Captain America have super strength and durability and endurance rather than just peak human?

Three things.

MCU Captain America is blatantly superhuman with an easy lift and hold weight of somewhere over a ton.

Steve overpowered Spider-Man via physics abuse not brute strength.

Wanda was on Steve's team.

Doesn't MCU Captain America have super strength and durability and endurance rather than just peak human?
He in fact does.

As I recall, peak human was the stated outcome, but just like Batman, he's clearly super-human.

However, he's still not shown to be so super-human that his punches have more force than Tank Shells. The Mark III was blasted out of the sky in Iron man, and Tony was barely even rattled. He got right up and blew it to pieces.

So whatever much more advanced suit he was wearing in that movie, would have tanked (no pun intended) Steve's punches no problem. While Steve would have been shattering his bones.

That being said, the director/s are self admitted Cap fanboys....so as per the norm, someone gets made to look worse, to elevate their preferred character.

As I recall, peak human was the stated outcome, but just like Batman, he's clearly super-human.

However, he's still not shown to be so super-human that his punches have more force than Tank Shells. The Mark III was blasted out of the sky in Iron man, and Tony was barely even rattled. He got right up and blew it to pieces.

So whatever much more advanced suit he was wearing in that movie, would have tanked (no pun intended) Steve's punches no problem. While Steve would have been shattering his bones.

That being said, the director/s are self admitted Cap fanboys....so as per the norm, someone gets made to look worse, to elevate their preferred character.

And now you know why there's endless fanfic that isn't Team Cap Friendly.

Without rewatching the whole thing and doing a lot more plotting than I really think it needs, I don't think he's left yet.

Hulk would have left by now.

He originally left because Enchantress put Bruce in a mindlock and started whispering aggravating thoughts into his mind, which combined with his own winning personality and friction with Thor resulted in them fighting.

Then Enchantress and her fuckboi who's name escapes me show up for the supervillain fight with the Avengers and are eventually driven off. Hulk says fuck it and leaves.

The Avengers go looking for him and eventually end up in the Arctic where they found Captain America.

I've honestly never understood the Buzz over the "Super" Soldier serum in universe.

Agreed.

Now, if it the super concentrated/improved version that gave Sentry his powers that would be an entirely different matter. That asshole is disgustingly powerful.

And now you know why there's endless fanfic that isn't Team Cap Friendly.
Worst thing? I'm totally on team Cap's side. They are just....Really outgunned.

her fuckboi who's name escapes me
Typically Skurge the Executioner.

Now, if it the super concentrated/improved version that gave Sentry his powers that would be an entirely different matter. That asshole is disgustingly powerful.
I'm sorry, that is a character that exists for me where the Nu52 exist for Zoat.

You might want to go back and actually watch that fight.

Because Tony's suit did tank those punches with no problem.

The only thing that actually did any real damage to the suit was Captain America's vibranium shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back