• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Wasn't expecting the Marvel version of Paul to show up but it's great seeing more of him and getting an idea of what he's been up to.

Paul's relationship with Hela would have a better chance at working out and lasting a very long time since Hela can't die (or at least, not in a way that matters) and Paul dying would just bring him to Hela.

I wonder how Loki feels about one of his enemies, an ally of Thor and a mortal, dating his daughter (?). Loki wouldn't be so much "over protective dad", it's not like he could force Hela to stop seeing Paul anyways, but he might believe that this relationship would be bad for him since death could finally "stick" one day.
Depends which version of Loki we're talking about.

Most would probably be happy about it though... Since in Canon Hela ends up married to a woman who tries to utterly fuck over all of Asgard.

14th April 2012
14:59 GMT -5
Earth 8096

Alert: portal detected.

I come to a halt in the air over New York City's harbour, having just left the Avengers mansion. At Steve's recommendation, I've been flying around more rather than just transitioning everywhere, to let people see me, get used to me and occasionally ask questions. Even had a civil conversation with John Jonah Jameson, which went to show that he's a lot more reasonable when dealing with people who aren't Mister Parker.
Ah, the Paul stuck in the 'Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' universe. Not quite who some of us were hoping to see, but still entertaining all the same. This is the one dating Hela and charging off a Norn Stone, correct?

Source?

A map appears in my head, supplemented a moment later by an image of-.
There aren't many beings in EMH who use portals as a way to get around...

Amora and Skurge. We haven't seen them since she tried seducing Thor after we were scattered across the Nine Realms. But them being back on Earth is not a good sign, and-.

And I tilt my head back and exhale. I need to pick up Ann Marie, but… But I can't exactly complain about Tony's inability to talk people down if I don't try myself. Amara doesn't have any particular grudge against me… I don't think, and… This is part of being a hero. If someone like me doesn't try, who will?
When you have a Power Ring, you can always afford to try and be the better man. There's very little in this universe that can threaten you, after all.

That said, I fly towards them rather than just appearing in front of them. Skurge is known to have an itchy axe finger… Or whatever the axe version of an itchy trigger finger is, and it's probably best to give them the time to mentally prepare themselves for interacting with me. Not sure why they're walking around… What appears to be a disused freight warehouse, but better there than somewhere with people I suppose.
...What is it with cartoons and 'disused' warehouses? Convenient locations with no people around to have to animate, and lots of empty boxes to smash, am I right? :D

Amora spots me first, but just rolls her eyes and keeps going in the direction she was already heading. Skurge spots me a moment later and immediately turns to face me and readies his axe. I slow, raising my hands in a slightly dishonest show of nonaggression, hovering in the air at a distance that I think puts me out of Skurge's lunge range.

I smile broadly. "Good afternoon!"
I mean, it's not you have to gesture or even move if you wanted to trap or bind them...

Amora gazes at me through half-lidded eyes for a moment. "Oh, you're one of Thor's minions, aren't you?"

"Very nearly."
I'm sure Thor doesn't think of him or the other Avengers as minions...

"I'm busy. What do you want?"

"Peace and goodwill to all men." I nod. That was easy. "What do you want?"
It's been a while since we've heard our OL ask that question. It's fun to hear another orange Paul using it.

She rolls her eyes. "Go away. This doesn't concern you."

"Right… See… I'm concerned that it might. And if I can help you get what you want in a way that doesn't turn parts of New York into smouldering craters, that's in my interests."
Tends to annoy people, you know. The sort of people who, when annoyed, tend to spout phrases like 'We would have words with thee...'

I try smiling again. It doesn't seem to be working, but at least Skurge has lowered his axe. Slightly.

"I am resolving some outstanding issues with the Masters of Evil. Your help is not required."
Well, that's something I'm sure Paul here wouldn't mind helping with. (Hmm, need a punchy nickname for him...)

I sigh quietly to myself. "Yes, I thought it might be about that. Look… I… I don't think that your… Your approach-

She snarls. "I will-."
Easy there, Amora. I know you probably have a Ring of Jumping to Conclusions +20 or something, but...

"-to pursuing Thor is going to work."

That appears to give her pause. What, did she thing he wasn't going to tell us about her hitting on him? Which naturally led into a long rambling and slightly drunken retelling of all of her previous attempts, and… And yes, I was the only one who wasn't drinking, but it wasn't that hard to spot the common thread connecting all of their interactions.
...Sometimes it helps to let people finish talking before jumping down their throats, Enchantress. :p

"What business is it of yours?"

"Thor's a friend of mine, and last time you made a play for him, I ended up having to fight Super-Loki. And I don't want to have to do that again. And I certainly don't have a problem with you.. getting together with Thor; I have no horse in the race at all. I just-. I just think that the way you're going about it is self-defeating."
I suppose having to throw down with his girlfriend's father wouldn't help. Though I don't remember Hela and Loki having the most familial relationship in any Marvel material anyway...

Her mouth relaxes but her eyes narrow. "Explain."

She's listening? I mean, good, but I didn't really think-. Okay! Okay.
I mean, this is probably a new situation for her. Most of Thor's usual allies would just cry 'have at thee!' and leap into battle.

"Thor… Doesn't like being pressured into doing things. The whole reason why the situation with Loki could happen is that Thor doesn't.. want to be tied down on Asgard. At the moment he wants to be hanging out with his comrades in arms and fighting the good fight. No matter… How.. good a match you'd be for him, I don't think you're the sort of person he's looking to have a relationship with at the moment."

"He cavorts freely with that mortal woman. Why does she receive his favour while I do not?"
Maybe he's a bit bored of blondes right now? :p

"Do you know how long humans live?"

She huffs. "Barely any time at all."
Even when a jealous immortal isn't trying to kill them...

"The oldest human we've got reliable records for lived about a hundred and twenty years. Eighty to ninety years is more common. Asgardians live a lot longer. To be blunt, even if they stayed together to the end of her life… She's not tying him down. Fifty to sixty years… That's nothing to him."

She frowns, but thoughtfully.
And after she's gone... Well, there's always the rebound.

"And that's where you're going wrong, because… That's nothing to you, either." I shrug. "You can easily afford to run down the clock."

"I should not have to!"
Sometimes a little patience goes a long way, darling.

"Then the question is, do you want to keep doing what you've done to date, which hasn't worked, or are you prepared to listen to my suggestion."

"What do you know of Asgard? What do you know of Thor, brief mortal creature with a scant few decades of-."
Power Ring, girl. He can easily outlive an Asgardian if he wanted to.

"I'm dating Hela."

She blinks. And Skurge nearly drops his axe on his foot.
Careful there, big guy. Don't want to take a toe off, do you?

"You're-? You're dating Hela?"

"Yeah. That's where I ended up when the Norn Stones exploded. Spent some time in her realm, we hit it off, and… She seems nice?"
I mean, maybe Amora's a bit confused about the mechanics of it? Certainly, Niflheim is just another of the Realms. Albeit one less visited willingly by most.

She has an expression of mild horror on her face. "Or do you simply lust after dead flesh?"

"The room temperature skin is a bit weird. She used to-. When he first starting seeing each other, she used to wrap herself in warm towels before meeting me to try and stop me noticing, but… You know, everyone's got little.. oddities." I shrug. "And I've learned a lot about Asgardian culture and history from her."
And it's probably a better interpretation of her 'half-deathly' nature than, say, a human woman who's a rotting corpse on one side and perfectly healthy on the other.

Amora's expression moves between various emotions, before she shakes her head in incomprehension. "Then, pray tell, what would you have me do?"

"Thor isn't looking to look up with someone who's queen material. What he wants is fellow warriors. My advice is that you ease off on the seduction thing; he knows that you're interested and nagging just puts him off and makes your position look weak. Instead, take the opportunity to fight alongside him. Make sure that he has good memories of working with you, because you can afford to play the very long term."
In other words, make him think with both heads, not just the one below the belt.

Hela was pretty sure that Amora has never done anything long term in her life. Apparently, she got kicked out of witch school for her impatience, and just sort of went from one mentor figure to another learning what she could before they finally lost patience with her attitude and gave her the boot. But if she really wants Thor then she's going to be as well-motivated as she gets.

She's looking at me sceptically, but at least she's listening.
And not throwing spells at you, which would definitely be a major weakness for this incarnation still.

"And what about his pet human?"

"The human brain stays infatuated for a few months at the start of a relationship. After that… They have very different lives. It's quite possible that those differences will drive them apart in a year or two anyway. And if it doesn't, it's a few decades. The important thing is that you don't have anything to do with their relationship ending, because if you do then he will remember that for the rest of your lives and that's a very long time. Killing her -if you were thinking of doing that- will actually hurt your cause."
Of course, if something her 'Mighty Thor' future plays out, all bets are off entirely...

I can see her thinking it over, trying to find some fault in what I just said.

"And if I am patient, what then?"
Sometimes being the quickest isn't always the best. Endurance can be more useful than haste, in battle or in love.

"Then your time together will have caused you to built up a rapport, a sense of camaraderie, that will serve as a far better starting point than the antagonistic relationship you have now. And then, in the distant future when he's ready to settle down, there's his comrade in arms Amora, who's made no secret of her interest and share centuries of history. There are no guarantees, but I really do think this is your best chance."

"Fighting besides him."
Hey, it can be fun. Just look at how well he gets along with the Avengers.

"Yes."

"Hm." She appears to come to a conclusion. "I was hunting down the other Masters of Evil. I assume that he desires their defeat also?"
That would be a safe bet, yes.

"We're doing the same thing."

"I somehow doubt that; I was planning on slay them."
:rolleyes: Pfft, like that ever sticks.

Ah. "Now, normally I'd be fine saving Israel the cost of a rope, but in this instance I think that showing Thor that you're prepared to follow mortal law would work better for you. Because-."

"Thor and I will outlive them all, yes. Very well; call upon Thor and we shall hunt these vermin together."
Because they were founded by Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola, yes? Yeah, I think they'd want those Nazi scalps to put to trial for themselves.

Probably a good thing it was Orange Lantern who spotted them. Most other EMH Avengers would be firm proponents of 'shoot first, ask questions later, if at all.' And talking them down? Good for property values. Still, she and Skurge may have a bit of bad blood to overcome before they're in any way accepted by the heroes, I suspect. Something for her to work towards alongside getting in Thor's good books...

Last edited:
Paul's relationship with Hela would have a better chance at working out and lasting a very long time since Hela can't die (or at least, not in a way that matters) and Paul dying would just bring him to Hela.

I'm not so sure about her not dying.

Asgardians aren't immortal as much as they are long-lived.

This is the one dating Hela and charging off a Norn Stone, correct?

Yep.

Maybe he's a bit bored of blondes right now? :p

Especially if those blondes are manipulative sociopaths that are willing to destroy lives and mind-control him.

Because they were founded by Baron Zemo and Arnim Zola, yes? Yeah, I think they'd want those Nazi scalps to put to trial for themselves.

The first fic or really any story i saw that featured them being punished for their connections to the Nazis was Sunshine Superman.

Probably a good thing it was Orange Lantern who spotted them. Most other EMH Avengers would be firm proponents of 'shoot first, ask questions later, if at all

Well, Pym may try to communicate, but I doubt it'd work.

I'm not so sure about her not dying.

Asgardians aren't immortal as much as they are long-lived.

They do however share the trait that resurrection really only requires physically leaving the afterlife.

That schmuck Red has gotten murdered for his trouble of becoming an Asgardian like three times I think.

Ragnarök, killed by Seth's minions, and murdered by Dr Donald Blake.

A lot of trouble since he basically just wanted to netflix and chill with Sif.

'started'
'build'
'shares'
Thank you, corrected.
Still, she and Skurge are going to have a lot of bad blood to overcome before they're in any way accepted by the heroes, I suspect. Something for her to work towards alongside getting in Thor's good books...
Not necessarily. They haven't really done all that much, aside from the Masters of Evil plot, and that didn't actually cause much harm to people on Earth.
I wonder if having a fellow advocate for supervillain rehabilitation in Orange Lantern will help Ant-Man maintain more mental stability? Mr Zoat, what is their relationship like? Just co-workers, or genuine friends?
The SI thinks that his approach to rehabilitation is entirely to optimistic and there was a period where Pym thought that the SI was making moves on Janet, but generally pretty good.

"The oldest human we've got reliable records for lived about a hundred and twenty years. Eighty to ninety years is more common.
So we're not counting outliers like the Ancient One or the transhumanism/medical tech I assume this Paul is also invested in? Or just not mentioning them and counting on the statistical near certitude of Jane and Thor have a falling out?

Given how changeable Paul's soul is and how hard he is to kill? If MCU Paul's charging off the Norn Stones long-term he's probably quickly going to move towards being an Asgardian or Asgardian adjace. We've seen this with the New Gods and DC Paul.

I do imagine that Thanos would be interested in MCU, dating Hela, ascending into godhood possibly, Paul.

Hela isn't a bad choice in partners. At least looks wise.

2474276-thor_12__zone_megan__pg04.jpg

2387825-heelalal.jpg

1565140-hela_9.jpg

1564255-hela_2.jpg

1521859-hela1.jpg

And then an image from EMH, because that's the version we're actually dealing with.

hela_earth-8096.png

Mr Zoat, if you were to make another version of Paul in Marvel, might I suggest Excalibur? They're a British team, and it would be interesting to see Paul interact with the likes of Captain Britain. Also, I low key would like to see a version of Paul get together with Meggan for some reason.

Mr Zoat, if you were to make another version of Paul in Marvel, might I suggest Excalibur? They're a British team, and it would be interesting to see Paul interact with the likes of Captain Britain. Also, I low key would like to see a version of Paul get together with Meggan for some reason.
I don't know enough about them to write it.
So even if she has all of her flesh and is not half skeleton like she's depicted in some artwork, I'm guessing her skin looks life that of a corpse.
Not exactly. It's the ice giant heritage making her flesh pale and cold. The 'like the dead' thing is just a metaphor.

I miss Earth's Mightiest Heroes Paul, I suspect that he and Ant-Man/Hank Pym get along quite well due to their strategies of actually talking to villains and getting them to change their ways but Paul is smarter about it. I love how Amora and Skurge are just shocked into silence when they find out Paul is with Hela and it takes them a few moments to process this information. I really want to know what this Paul has been up to, maybe a summary of his adventures from his arrival all the way to the present day. Did Ultron still go rogue or did Paul manage to talk even that murderous android out of it and what's Paul's relationship with the other Avengers?

So has Cap been replaced by a Skrull here still? Or has OL noticed.

"Yeah. That's where I ended up when the Norn Stones exploded. Spent some time in her realm, we hit it off, and… She seems nice?"

She has an expression of mild horror on her face. "Or do you simply lust after dead flesh?"

"The room temperature skin is a bit weird. She used to-. When we first started seeing each other, she used to wrap herself in warm towels before meeting me to try and stop me noticing, but… You know, everyone's got little.. oddities." I shrug. "And I've learned a lot about Asgardian culture and history from her."

Alright this isn't the marvel setting where he is involved with Rogue I'm guessing.

Beyond that is this Hela that different in body to 616 Hella? 616 had half her body dead, and a cloak that gave that half life so she could operate. Is this Hela stated to be different, or did you just decide to change it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back