• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
"Power corrupts" is not a universal truth. Different people respond to having power in different ways, for example some might refuse to use it; George Washington refusing to allow Congress to crown him King of the Americas after the American Revolution for example.

The Solars weren't corrupted only because they had power -- the Lunars and Sidereals had comparable power and not nearly as much monstrosity, all things considered -- but also because the First Age was set up in such a way as to make them completely unaccountable for their actions, in much the same way that the gods could not punish or even chastise the primordials for their actions prior to the creation of the Exalted.

True. I was making a point about the Great Curse that while being the cause of, isn't really the source of their corruption and fall. Humans are capable of both great and terrible things. Power is the same way, it is merely a tool. Thus Exalted, semi-divine humans, can be either great, terrible or both.

what the great curse did was accelerate the process and prevent the better people among the solars from seeing the issue and taking action.

I've always been of the firm opinion that all power does is allow a person to act more like what they want to be. If someone deep down is a shitty person but the lack of power forces them to not act on their impulses, then the only thing power will enable is for them to act like a shitty person. The same thing applies to, for example, someone who wants to make the world a better place, but lacks the power to do it. Power enables that too.

Weero said:
I've always been of the firm opinion that all power does is allow a person to act more like what they want to be. If someone deep down is a shitty person but the lack of power forces them to not act on their impulses, then the only thing power will enable is for them to act like a shitty person. The same thing applies to, for example, someone who wants to make the world a better place, but lacks the power to do it. Power enables that too.
Some studies have had results that suggest that having power does tend to corrupt, even those that a good. Why?

Because it's addictive, and the chemicals released by such an addiction inhibit empathy.

Of course, what your saying is true as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway, changing the topic.

It is going to be funny if and when we go to creation, we bring everyone of our allies with us. I can imagine all the chaos that would bring. I know, we could finally save Gem from it's eternal doomed town state.

MerelysSoul said:

It is going to be funny if and when we go to creation, we bring everyone of our allies with us. I can imagine all the chaos that would bring. I know, we could finally save Gem from it's eternal doomed town state.

Sorry, Gem is always being Destroyed, always, even when its already been destroyed, and just after its been saved, Skuld is working on a bug fix but things are not looking good for a quick resolution

EternitynChaos said:
Sorry, Gem is always being Destroyed, always, even when its already been destroyed, and just after its been saved, Skuld is working on a bug fix but things are not looking good for a quick resolution

You could at least humor me for one post...

Hmm, wonder how the new exigent stuff is going to work.

MerelysSoul said:

We're more likely to level the place in the process of saving it. Gem is always doomed.

Smuthunter said:
We're more likely to level the place in the process of saving it. Gem is always doomed.

And just to Ruin Falafels day not a single soul will die while we do it, isn't it sad Lion-kun, yes yes, Laugh Harder Princess Starscream

I believe that its not the power that corrupts, its the lack of responsibility that does.

But in the end its all about perspective, so im not going to bother arguing about morals more than i have to.

Justbrowsing said:
As long as we remember that the whole "heroin-pissing dinosaur" plan was a joke. Can't let this stuff go to our head too much.

Let's also not forget that as a Solar Half of Creation wants to kill us and the other half wants to manipulate us and then kill us once our usefulness has run out.

Thankfully as we're not a traditional solar we have much more abilities that people in creation will just go "WTF" at so we'renott as screwed as we could be as a newbie Solar.

MerelysSoul said:

Why stop at our allies? We should totally bring or meet up with the rest of our Solar circle and their allies when we hit creation. It will be glorious.

EternitynChaos said:
And just to Ruin Falafels day not a single soul will die while we do it, isn't it sad Lion-kun, yes yes, Laugh Harder Princess Starscream

Speaking of us ruling some asshole in creation's day If I recall you working on a side story of Cosmic dragon Ise where he was doing thing like saving Autochon from robo-cancer and kicking the ass of the Ebon Dragon and the Mask of Winter. How is that going?

Diller said:
Why stop at our allies? We should totally bring or meet up with the rest of our Solar circle and their allies when we hit creation. It will be glorious.

Speaking of us ruling some asshole in creation's day If I recall you working on a side story of Cosmic dragon Ise where he was doing thing like saving Autochon from robo-cancer and kicking the ass of the Ebon Dragon and the Mask of Winter. How is that going?

You know that gave me a idea. What if we manged to grab everyone from Manga/Anime/LN Verses and flooded creation with them? I can imagine the oh so wonderful chaos.

Ninja, Pirates, Shinobi, Martial Artist, Shingami, Espers, Magicans and all the other stuff like that just appearing in Creation. That would just be too much for Creation and all of reality to handle.

Super slowly via a combination of constantly sidetracked muse, and a few other things, It'll get done, when, that's up in the air, as its still in planning atm *I know myself well enough to know that if I just jump in and start writing I'll get half way into it and be completely stuck as to what to do* so yeah, also been trying to keep any mention of it out of the thread as several people expressed , well less then pleasant views on anything but the main story /shrug which kinda killed the muse for a while until Alexander gave it a kick again /laugh

As a more on topic note, how long do you think until People start thinking we are actually a Hero Descendant, of Lu Bu for example, we do seem to fit the mould, and it would fuck with Cao Cao

EternitynChaos said:
Super slowly via a combination of constantly sidetracked muse, and a few other things, It'll get done, when, that's up in the air, as its still in planning atm *I know myself well enough to know that if I just jump in and start writing I'll get half way into it and be completely stuck as to what to do* so yeah, also been trying to keep any mention of it out of the thread as several people expressed , well less then pleasant views on anything but the main story /shrug which kinda killed the muse for a while until Alexander gave it a kick again /laugh

As a more on topic note, how long do you think until People start thinking we are actually a Hero Descendant, of Lu Bu for example, we do seem to fit the mould, and it would fuck with Cao Cao

As I know your working on it. The idea seemed fun to me.

Nah we're japanese so someone from Japan like Oda Nobunga, Hideyoshi, Musamune Dante.

Of course this would make the Hero Faction want as more as we'd be "another hero descendant with a Longius".

EternitynChaos said:

Lu Bu?

I don't see it. While having similarities, there is major differences. I see him more as Guan Yu or Liu Bei if anyone in the three kingdoms stuff.

Diller said:
As I know your working on it. The idea seemed fun to me.

Nah we're japanese so someone from Japan like Oda Nobunga, Hideyoshi, Musamune Dante.

Of course this would make the Hero Faction want as more as we'd be "another hero descendant with a Longius".

True about the japanese part.

EternitynChaos said:

When it does happen, how are we going to deal with it? I'd prefer to disabuse people of that notion and firmly proclaim that we are Sovereign of the Radiant Scales, Solar Exalt. Then again, keeping secrets and all that.

Btw, forgot to say hi to everyone in the thread. Been on an archive binge of the quest. Nice to be here.

I was more meaning the whole Unmatched Martial Prowess, and Following no one, thing he tends to have going for him, true Issei hasn't got the rampant Backstabing problem Lu Bu does, but he's never been a follower of anyone, that's his whole thing in this quest ^^ he's an Ally but not a subordinate, so maybe Sun Ce /shrug

Though, Japanese, I guess for similar to Lu Bu would be Kaeji Maeda or Uesugi Kenshin maybe? /shrug

And people will believe what they want to believe, even with social charms convincing people of some things is super hard

MerelysSoul said:
Ninja, Pirates, Shinobi, Martial Artist, Shingami, Espers, Magicans and all the other stuff like that just appearing in Creation. That would just be too much for Creation and all of reality to handle.
They would get beat down pretty hard. Even being able to summon meteors doesn't mean much in Creation.

Weero said:
When it does happen, how are we going to deal with it? I'd prefer to disabuse people of that notion and firmly proclaim that we are Sovereign of the Radiant Scales, Solar Exalt. Then again, keeping secrets and all that.

Btw, forgot to say hi to everyone in the thread. Been on an archive binge of the quest. Nice to be here.

Nice to have you.

I imagine we'll just tell people that our really good relationship with Ddraig(Beowolf himself said we've been observed to be the closest to Driag out of all our senpais) and hard work(we have been training our asses off.) is what makes us so awesome.

Its also very true but omits our exaltion.

Of course that's going to make people freak even more. What used to be a base human whoose only special trait was that he had a Longius through sheer hardworking,determination, and being friends with the dragon inside of him has been able to get so strong and skilled so fast.

John At DAwn said:
They would get beat down pretty hard. Even being able to summon meteors doesn't mean much in Creation.

All together, might not win but still be quite the nuisance to the forces of Creation, just enough for us and a few others to move around more freely.

EternitynChaos said:
I was more meaning the whole Unmatched Martial Prowess, and Following no one, thing he tends to have going for him, true Issei hasn't got the rampant Backstabing problem Lu Bu does, but he's never been a follower of anyone, that's his whole thing in this quest ^^ he's an Ally but not a subordinate, so maybe Sun Ce /shrug

Though, Japanese, I guess for similar to Lu Bu would be Kaeji Maeda or Uesugi Kenshin maybe? /shrug

And people will believe what they want to believe, even with social charms convincing people of some things is super hard

Reason why I stated Guan Yu aka "God of War" but yeah the Sun family would fit.

Diller said:
Nice to have you.

I imagine we'll just tell people that our really good relationship with Ddraig(Beowolf himself said we've been observed to be the closest to Driag out of all our senpais) and hard work(we have been training our asses off.) is what makes us so awesome.

Its also very true but omits our exaltation.

Of course that's going to make people freak even more. What used to be a base human whoose only special trait was that he had a Longius through sheer hardworking,determination, and being friends with the dragon inside of him has been able to get so strong and skilled so fast.

Let's not forget the other stuff we did. We got quite the list this early, and just imagine what else we could do to build up our rep more.

You know, we could use this Dragon thing as an excuse for our change in appearance: it was an early change as our body adapted, becoming an idealized version of ourself.

Combined with the fact that our Sacred Gear is apparently a subspecies, and most people will accept it.

...and then someone brings up Gilgamesh, I would laugh myself sick I really really would if they came to that conclusion if/when they couldn't find any earlier connections, because 'obviously a normal person couldn't become this powerful this quickly, he HAS to have some sort of lineage, right?'

EternitynChaos said:
...and then someone brings up Gilgamesh, I would laugh myself sick I really really would if they came to that conclusion if/when they couldn't find any earlier connections, because 'obviously a normal person couldn't become this powerful this quickly, he HAS to have some sort of lineage, right?'

XD Yeah, people can be idiots at times. That includes me (most of the time). Let's see just how many heroes and the like people try to bring up in order figure out us.

MerelysSoul said:
All together, might not win but still be quite the nuisance to the forces of Creation, just enough for us and a few others to move around more freely.

Reason why I stated Guan Yu aka "God of War" but yeah the Sun family would fit.

Let's not forget the other stuff we did. We got quite the list this early, and just imagine what else we could do to build up our rep more.

We're about to add "Mediated for the Devils and the Shinto Faction."

If we help negate between the 3 great Factions as well we're going to get an reputation as an expert in getting people to get along even if there's animosity between them.

BFldyq said:
You know, we could use this Dragon thing as an excuse for our change in appearance: it was an early change as our body adapted, becoming an idealized version of ourself.

Combined with the fact that our Sacred Gear is apparently a subspecies, and most people will accept it.

That just might work.

EternitynChaos said:

Actually on that note someone might think we're a descendant of Karna.

Think about"noble lineage but raised as a commoner(how people would see it), would rather die then betray our friends, Sun powers, "natural skill and talent", a really nice guy that helps basically anybody he can, and will fuck up your day if you screw with his friends.

Like you said some people are going to think there's no way "a human with no special lineage could get so strong and influential in such a short period."

Man imaging the faces as people see our awesomeness is great.

Now I'm imaging people in Creation reacting to us.

He's been a solar for HOW LONG.

He has an artifact that does WHAT?

He has BRIGHT SHATTERED ICE IN HIS HEAD?

WAIT HE GAVE HER AND THE DRAGON INSIDE OF HIM PHYSICAL BODIES!!?

HE TAJGHT HIMSELF SIDERAL MARTIALS ARTS WITH NO HELP FROM A SIFU!!?

HE IS A DRAGON!!?

HE HAS A WARFORM!!?

HE TURNED HIMSELF INTO WHAT!!?

HE BROUGHT WHO WITH HIM!!?

(Coincidently later that same day bars through creation get a lot more service and even run out of booze. :D)

You know I just realized something, dragon traits and war form thans to our scared gear. We're also working on a way to learn sidereal martial arts.

I just realized we've been taking unique traits of the other exalt types(Dragon powers from the DBs, Warfomr from the lunars, and Sidereal MA from the Siddies) and making them our own.

The other exalt types are going to cry BULLSHIT so loud if we ever hit creation.

Diller said:
We're about to add "Mediated for the Devils and the Shinto Faction."

If we help negate between the 3 great Factions as well we're going to get an reputation as an expert in getting people to get along even if there's animosity between them.

That just might work.

Actually on that note someone might think we're a descendant of Karna.

Think about"noble lineage but raised as a commoner(how people would see it), would rather die then betray our friends, Sun powers, "natural skill and talent", a really nice guy that helps basically anybody he can, and will fuck up your day if you screw with his friends.

Like you said some people are going to think there's no way "a human with no special lineage could get so strong and influential in such a short period."

Man imaging the faces as people see our awesomeness is great.

Now I'm imaging people in Creation reacting to us.

He's been a solar for HOW LONG.

He has an artifact that does WHAT?

He has BRIGHT SHATTERED ICE IN HIS HEAD?

WAIT HE GAVE HER AND THE DRAGON INSIDE OF HIM PHYSICAL BODIES!!?

HE TAJGHT HIMSELF SIDERAL MARTIALS ARTS WITH NO HELP FROM A SIFU!!?

HE IS A DRAGON!!?

HE HAS A WARFORM!!?

HE TURNED HIMSELF INTO WHAT!!?

HE BROUGHT WHO WITH HIM!!?

(Coincidently later that same day bars through creation get a lot more service and even run out of booze. :D)

You know I just realized something, dragon traits and war form thans to our scared gear. We're also working on a way to learn sidereal martial arts.

I just realized we've been taking unique traits of the other exalt types(Dragon powers from the DBs, Warfomr from the lunars, and Sidereal MA from the Siddies) and making them our own.

The other exalt types are going to cry BULLSHIT so loud if we ever hit creation.

Oh my the grace of the UCS, my sides. Now all we need is Alchemical, Abyssal, Infernal and the new ones in 3e. That would be the greatest.

Yeah I can see people relating him to Karna.

Side note: this is not helping my plot bunnies die....

This is probably getting a bit to far ahead, but does anyone else want to take Cao Cao's True Longinus from him? And Georg's Dimension Lost?

BFldyq said:
This is probably getting a bit to far ahead, but does anyone else want to take Cao Cao's True Longinus from him? And Georg's Dimension Lost?

Hmmmm, nope, not particularly, we already have awesome broken toys, and I figure if we want anymore, we can make them as is the right and fucking proper order of things for a Twilight Solar Exalt /laugh

EternitynChaos said:
Hmmmm, nope, not particularly, we already have awesome broken toys, and I figure if we want anymore, we can make them as is the right and fucking proper order of things for a Twilight Solar Exalt /laugh

Though the TL would make a bitchin melee weapon. Hmm God had Artifacf 7. I wonder what we could make with a higher artifact rating.

We'll just let Cao Cao live with the knowledge that his own weapon likes us better then him.(It's canon the TL approved of Ise's dream over Cao Cao's amd we're basically a better version of canon Ise.)

EternitynChaos said:
Diller said:
Though the TL would make a bitchin melee weapon. Hmm God had Artifacf 7. I wonder what we could make with a higher artifact rating.

We'll just let Cao Cao live with the knowledge that his own weapon likes us better then him.(It's canon the TL approved of Ise's dream over Cao Cao's amd we're basically a better version of canon Ise.)
What, no ones interested in seeing people freak out at the idea of a single guy possessing three of the Longinus? Especially since it would be one guy with half of the top- and mid-tier Longinus?

Hell, let's go for broke: True Longinus, Dimension Lost, Annihilation Maker and Incinerate Anthem, along with Boosted Gear, which we already have. Watch everyone freak-out at the thought of one guy having that much power. Then watch them freak again as they realize our proclamation.

your assuming Bright doesn't force us to craft items of equal or better quality once she manages to see said items XD

that will cause people to shat bricks XD

"wait he can make longinus's and he can give them to any of his allies?!?" :eek:

though i am hoping we manage to take vali's power at least add him to our team XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back