• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

"Plan 'Richard Simpson Becomes a God' is firmly off the table. Ring, contact the Justice League."
Now that Paul knows it's possible, will he get someone he can trust to become the God of Technology? Being friends with one would probably help his goal of spreading schizo tech to wide stream use.

Umm... dumb question. Why?

Because it would be extremely dangerous.

Wouldn't putting it in a relatively non-malicious demons hands be less dangerous than having another titan walking about?

Maybe.

But it can also backfire in many, many ways.

Simpson seems to be non-malicious, but he could just be pitting on an act.

The guy is a demon and spent years in Hell, so his personality was probably warped in very nasty ways.

He could also awaken this thing and have no control over it, and said god may be pissed that someone was trying to get control over it and it may attack the planet.

Or Simpson could accidently kill it and due to its death technology may stop working on Earth, and maybe people will no longer be able to even create or think about technology due to its death...

The risks of having Simpson take over this thing far outweigh the benefits.

Now that Paul knows it's possible, will he get someone he can trust to become the God of Technology? Being friends with one would probably help his goal of spreading schizo tech to wide stream use.

Seeing as Zoat left a like on your post, this may happen.

Well, there is a Texan-robot sized gun hanging on the wall so the story going that direction wouldn't be that surprising.

If not Duke then Red Inferno.

He knows her better than Duke, and seeing as she's partly magic, she may be able to take on the power better.

Unless her own magic makes that difficult.

Last edited:
I don't blame Richard here. When you're faced with eternal torment, just about anything is acceptable.

I know I'd be willing to go pretty damn far to escape literally infinite torture.

Plan 'Richard Simpson Becomes a God' is firmly off the table. Ring, contact the Justice League."

Even if he i not a bad person anyone who soul dive in tech is not someone I would trust being a God.

Not to mention putting his soul ON THE INTERNET.

Freakazoid only survived by a miracle and because it was early Internet.

I'd suggest Ted Kord.
Even if he i not a bad person anyone who soul dive in tech is not someone I would trust being a God.

Not to mention putting his soul ON THE INTERNET.

Freakazoid only survived by a miracle and because it was early Internet.
Nowadays it would have turned him into a lolcatgirl. with a sibling fetish.

Part of me is honestly surprised that OL pushed allowing Richard to become the new God of tech off the table.

Because it sounds like such a Para-Paul thing to do.

There is a limit to how bad Simpson can get as a tech god, so Paul is waiting until Constantine comes back to make it truly awful

Part of me is honestly surprised that OL pushed allowing Richard to become the new God of tech off the table.

Because it sounds like such a Para-Paul thing to do.

This is...a sadly accurate description of paragons character.

Giving power to dangerous people that have a high chance of misusing said power.

At least it looks like he's learning.

This is...a sadly accurate description of paragons character.

Giving power to dangerous people that have a high chance of misusing said power.

At least it looks like he's learning.
I have to disagree. He would only do that if it is in line with his own goals, or at least doesn't conflict with them. Richard Simpson, a companion of John Constantine and a demon, gaining incredible power by becoming a God is such a profoundly bad idea that has no upside, at least from Paul's perspective, that he would never allow it to happen unless something really terrible would happen otherwise.

I have to disagree. He would only do that if it is in line with his own goals, or at least doesn't conflict with them. Richard Simpson, a companion of John Constantine and a demon, gaining incredible power by becoming a God is such a profoundly bad idea that has no upside, at least from Paul's perspective, that he would never allow it to happen unless something really terrible would happen otherwise.

I was thinking that he may consider working with a tech god who owes him would be something he'd like to do.

He wants to advance Earths tech level and if he thinks that Simpson can help him then he may consider helping him become a god.

He has some idea of Simpsons character, while having no idea how this new god will turn out when it's born.

INB4 does it anyway next chapter just cause

I'm still confused by the metaphysics of why there would be a singular global God of Technology emerging; it doesn't seem like that's the case for any of the usual domains/concepts that gods preside over (wish we'd seen that conclave of forge/volcano gods that Paragon suggested to have a while back). It doesn't seem like Simpson is responsible for that part, just accelerating what would happen 'naturally'. Different cultures on Earth would view technology in different ways, so I'd have thought that would create multiple deities with the same domain.

Agreed. If this is leading to a proper pantheon we could have a several deity domains sourced from technology:
  1. Learning/Education,
  2. War,
  3. Entertainment,
  4. Transhumanism/Prosthetics/Medicine,
  5. Cooperation/Zoos/Pets/Animal Husbandry/Hunting,
  6. Politics, Communication and/or Democracy,
  7. Business
  8. Liminality, Transportation, and Traveling (adventure? Hiking/Climbing?).
Eight seems like an appropriate enough number given the importance of bytes in our computer programs.

Is it just me or did the techno-demon just said that Quinn is Constantine and OL didn't react to that ?

Is it just me or did the techno-demon just said that Quinn is Constantine and OL didn't react to that ?

It's just you.

He just said that not everyone is as cunning as Constantine.

Though if Quinn is the Golden Boy, then he kinda is a Constantine.

You know, after watching Wandavision I can't help but feel that maybe Simpson isn't exactly fully behind this.

Just watch this.

It's been Agatha all along.

And Sparky is Simpson here. She killed him, or is planning to kill him, once she gets her power.

Really wished I showed this a few chapters ago, but better late than never.

And good luck trying to get the song out of your heads. I know I can't.

He supported the omnicidal maniac against the Qwardian version of Paul.

He supported the omnicidal maniac against the Qwardian version of Paul.
He supported a regime that would result in a self-destructive society of mad scientists against one that would turn the mad scientists into a potential galaxy level conquering society that wouldn't mind selling their signature and otherwise impossible to get qwa-matter weaponry to other would be galaxy/universe conquering/destroying organizations. The only thing Paul noted would be that the Qwardians, if they stay as they are, will only really be a threat to the universe if the Anti-Monitor returned. If that happened, there would be a universe wide disaster with or without the Qwardians.

He supported a regime that would result in a self-destructive society of mad scientists against one that would turn the mad scientists into a potential galaxy level conquering society that wouldn't mind selling their signature and otherwise impossible to get qwa-matter weaponry to other would be galaxy/universe conquering/destroying organizations. The only thing Paul noted would be that the Qwardians, if they stay as they are, will only really be a threat to the universe if the Anti-Monitor returned. If that happened, there would be a universe wide disaster with or without the Qwardians.

Or Kaladin gets things together and they are less self-destructive. SI gas a way of getting people to be more effective.

Especially since its not like Qwa matter is actually that much worse than a lot of other weapons that they sell anyways. Someone rational is someone he can work with. There are plenty of societies tjat conquer. One that is semi-friendly seems better as a potential ally.

Especially since its not like Qwa matter is actually that much worse than a lot of other weapons that they sell anyways.

I'm pretty sure it is more dangerous than the other weapons they sell.

The stuff is basically pure destruction.

It may have been the stuff the Anti-Monitor used to destroy universes.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any way to defend against it.

It's like saying that a nuke and a gun are the same level of destruction, when they're not.

Mr Zoat, for some reason, the folder for Episode 40: Carpe Tempus on the TOC doesn't show all of the parts of that episode.

Edit: I just found that it's a problem with the folder for January-June of 2011.

Edit 2: It seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back