• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

So that makes Grayven about 1.5 metres in length. That's Shetland Pony sized.
Maybe he was originally going to say six meters in radius but changed to diameter when he switched from meters to body lengths?

I really hope this isn't some secret plan to siphon all of Equestria's magic into herself to turn herself into an actual god.
Of course not. It'll be entirely unplanned when that happens instead of the intended alicornification.

We are not a death planet. The bushfires are over, mostly, for the next six months. And there aren't more than twenty or so spiders in my room.
Earth itself is a death planet. Australia just has a higher concentration of death. That's why it was such a perfect prison, it even has death water.

So, Sunset's plan is to draw on ambient magical energies to fuel her ascension to alicornhood. I wonder if that's related to how the Alicorn Amulet works?

I'd assume Death Water is another name for panda urine, considering that eucalyptus oil is so toxic (can cause seizures).

I'd assume Death Water is another name for panda urine, considering that eucalyptus oil is so toxic (can cause seizures).
I think you mean koala urine. Pandas eat bamboo. ;)

He also could be referring to irukandji jellyfish which are tiny, nearly invisible, and kill the people they sting simply through the sheer amount of pain they cause, to the riptides that regularly kill people too dumb to swim between the flags, or to the Prime Minister who mysteriously vanished after walking into the ocean.

Thank you, corrected.
Florokinesis was never demonstrated in canon. Even geokinesis is debateable. The only instance of earth pony super strength was Cheerilee pulling a house. Earth ponies as a tribe severely underperform in canon.
That's Racist!
For your education:
Earth pony kicks hundred ton rock in ballistic arc to make a point about the reality of myths about a literal magic shovel.

Earth ponies canonically capable of breaking rocks with jaw strength alone.

Earth pony punching rocks until they become much smaller rocks

And I don't think you can just dismiss Florokinesis out of hand when there are many instances of still living trees being used as homes.
Can't find any good examples from earth ponies right now, but if a hero tier like Mistmane can use combat Florokinesis, then I don't think it is unreasonable to expect common ponies to have some lesser variant.

That's Racist!
For your education:
Earth pony kicks hundred ton rock in ballistic arc to make a point about the reality of myths about a literal magic shovel.

Earth ponies canonically capable of breaking rocks with jaw strength alone.

Earth pony punching rocks until they become much smaller rocks

And I don't think you can just dismiss Florokinesis out of hand when there are many instances of still living trees being used as homes.
Can't find any good examples from earth ponies right now, but if a hero tier like Mistmane can use combat Florokinesis, then I don't think it is unreasonable to expect common ponies to have some lesser variant.

We know that Maud Pie eating crystals and punching boulders apart is not unique to her as well. In a canon alternate timeline where Pinkie Pie never left the Rock farm until her and Maud joined the army Pinkie can do that too if she has the right training.

Last edited:
Man, that whole video with Mistmane seems kind of racist. Especially with giving the ponies in that country large pointy ears.

Not sure if Earth ponies have florokinesis, but they seem to basically have druid/ monk powers - talk to animals, raise plants (probably feel them), do martial arts, do things with crafts, basically anything physical that requires strength. Of course all of the mane 6 have what amounts to Batman powers (top skill performance for their race)

I thought I'd missed a trick yesterday.

Two pony arcs...I feel betrayed. In the worst possible way. Like opening up a container you thought was filled with delicious leftovers...but instead it was full of spiders. Only in this case, it's less Australian, and filled with ponies.
I could live with the idea of eight-legged ponies - Sleipnir? Though, as the pegasi could be using two of their limbs for wings, that might mean they're walking around on six...

Fluttershy is a pegasus.
I can do that.
(probably feel them)
Citation needed.Granny Smith specifically mentioned working out how to raise zap apple trees by trial and error.
t4I0Z.png
do things with crafts
Rarity's job is making clothes.
basically anything physical that requires strength
Applejack and Rainbow Dash consider one another equal in this regard.

No.
Hmm... I remember Zoat saying that the Renegade was going to end up with Blackfire. Has that pairing been scrapped or what? Because even if they broke up, they might get together again later. Though I could get behind the Luna ship myself.
Yes. As I said a while ago, that was the initial plan but it just didn't seem to happen as I was writing them.
I agree that would be the most likely outcome realistically, but Zoat keeps giving the impression they aren't good at magic in Equistria.

How exactly a civilization that can control celestial bodies, travel through time, and give out apotheosis is incompetent, I have no idea, especially in comparison to Atlantis, where Garth is somehow a magical prodigy for being able to make ice.
In the episode where Twilight turns a frog into an orange-frog hybrid, Spike mentions how many spells she (student of Celestia and magic talent) knows in total. It's not a high number.

Garth isn't a magical prodigy. He's a reasonably performing battlemage.

They can't give out apotheosis. Cadence was an accident, and Twilight required very specific circumstances, luck, and Starswirl's records.

The time travel spell Twilight used was a one-use spell they don't understand and can't modify. Starlight's version was a bit better, but she's the only one who knows it and required the friendship table.

I get the horrible feeling that Sunset's calculations are missing a couple of variables. Artificial additives ruin taste. Artificial alicornification? That could have more serious consequences.

Alternate possibility: the three tribes are not the only ones who have left an imprint on the local magical field. Discord. The Changlings. Tirek. Grayven and his rings. Assorted random weirdness. Pinkie-specific weirdness.
Just grabbing everything is unlikely to go well.

Of course you realise that we now need cutie marks for his daughter, scythe-minion and bodyguard right?
Possibly the succupires too, or at least Paul Lad.

While Luna has a dark theme and occasional forays into Death Metal Pony territory she is ultimately a very pleasant and polite individual. Unlike Jade and Komand'r who are greedy, cruel and generally offensive. I approve of this ship.

Hey Zoat, are you planning on him occasionally visiting Wilson, just for funsies? Seeing the League ponified would be hilarious.

Just off the top of my head, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel would be alicorns, Zatara/Doctor Fate would be a unicorn (though I wouldn't be totally surprised by alicorn) with an ankh cutie mark, and the Hawks would be pegasi.

As I haven't read any of this

Then you really should stop complaining until you have.

I mean if you don't have any interest in reading it that's fine, but bitching about something you haven't bothered to read is kinda silly.

We are not a death planet. The bushfires are over, mostly, for the next six months. And there aren't more than twenty or so spiders in my room.

Earth is a class 12 deathworld. It'd probably be class 13, maybe 14, if the researchers' probes had landed in Australia instead of Africa.

There's a reason you're supposed to boil your water in survival situations.

We know that Maud Pie eating crystals and punching boulders apart is not unique to her as well. In a canon alternate timeline where Pinkie Pie never left the Rock farm until her and Maud joined the army Pinkie can do that too if she has the right training.

Speaking of Pinkie, isn't she an earth pony? And if so how can you call a casual reality warper "underperforming" in a magical sense? I mean, yeah, she uses her powers for the most ridiculous crap around, but a reality warper is still a reality warper.

Speaking of Pinkie, isn't she an earth pony? And if so how can you call a casual reality warper "underperforming" in a magical sense? I mean, yeah, she uses her powers for the most ridiculous crap around, but a reality warper is still a reality warper.

Pinkie's abilities are not intended to be Earth Pony magic by WoG and even in universe are clearly treated as weird by other characters. She can just do weird things because she is a cartoon, like Bugs Bunny.

Pinkie's abilities are not intended to be Earth Pony magic by WoG and even in universe are clearly treated as weird by other characters. She can just do weird things because she is a cartoon, like Bugs Bunny.

Discord was bored a thousand years ago and turned himself into a ponny got a progeny IE he pulled a Zeus. She is a distant relative that has a strong expression of the bloodline links to planar chaos hence why she can use chaos/toon magic to some degree and also why her personality is like it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back