• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

No helmet of fate, so at most a lord of chaos.
More likely John Constantine split himself in two again, meaning half of him is a lord of chaos, half of him is a lord of order, and half of him is a demon.

That way lies unresolvable shouting matches about religion, so I think we shouldn't go there.
Yes, religion is definitely something that it would not be sensible to go into here. I give it less than a day.

Speculation: Sure they do, you just usually don't know that they were (or still are, perhaps) meeting places for secret societies, because after all, they're secret.
So then rich people would privately own the houses. Nothing suspicious about that. Museums are open to the public, and anyone could just get in. The societies meeting in museums wouldn't remain secret very long.

Eh... she seems at most about as good at it as Paul is, but not better. She did have the whole clothes fraying going on at the end and found it uncomfortable.
She's able to keep her sense of self stable, Paul is not.

Um... people went over this already... Heaven isn't necessarily protected by the voice of god - He seems to have just let it run. Not sure he really cares what happens to it at this point. I don't think Paul would have, or even could have eaten all of heaven. The Ophidian might even be able to take down the Voice of God. Eaten his way out of, though... (what he seems to be implying) probably, especially if he just went straight for the exit with no unnecessary violence - and left everyone who left him alone alone. I don't think most angels cared about him, and those that did attack would either respawn or be considered to be against the presence (such as that one king who was taken down).
The tiny corner of the city that connected to Paul's little corner of the multiverse might not have, but the main portion of the city that connects to the rest of the multiverse certainly is protected by it.

Also the Ophidian is a number of tiers lower on the cosmic power scale then the various parts of the Presence.

To wit scale is.

Comic Writer inserts.
Parts of the Presence.
Michael/Lucifer
5th dimensional imps
White Entity
Superman 10,000,000
The Endless
Emotional Embodiments.
Superboy Prime
Old Gods
Malthusians
Kryptonians
Homo Magi
New Gods
Lobo
Martians
Metahumans
Various superpowered aliens
Regular humans

then the universe becomes extremely apathetic as it loses all sense of want.

also, i thought the 9 (well 10) entities were stronger than that?
Actually if an emotional embodiment is destroyed a new one just forms after a bit of time.

It's happened before.

Yes, but, as far as I know, secret society meeting places don't become museums that quickly most of the time (I may be wrong). My impression has been 50 years minimum, though I don't really know. Most of the time, especially if nothing know to be important happened there, the house would just be sold to the next owner to get money for the government.
What does the public think happened here?
Googling the Order of the Ancient Mysteries, said secret society, the DC Wiki reports that it more or less dissolved by the late sixties. And even before that, it was largely a money-maker for Alex Burgess and his 'companion' for over a decade or so, capitalising on Hippie culture.
I expect by the time the National Trust acquired it, any magic-related stuff was long sold-off...

More likely John Constantine split himself in two again, meaning half of him is a lord of chaos, half of him is a lord of order, and half of him is a demon.
I guess you could call him... a man of many parts? :D

And for the record: Species - Chojin, Title/Name - Patriarch ;) (It's a personal in-joke.)

Last edited:
So then rich people would privately own the houses. Nothing suspicious about that. Museums are open to the public, and anyone could just get in. The societies meeting in museums wouldn't remain secret very long.
The museums are, but certainly not every room is.

EDIT: Also, see Chojin's post, above, on this specific location.

Also, I think in this universe the Ophidian is on the same level as a powerful old god. Taking down an embodiment of the voice of god might be possible, but not the voice of god itself.

I love it when people are genre savvy enough to warn the help about John 'FUCKING' Constantine.

Not even the Endless are safe fron getting permakilled if they meet him.

Granted Dream wanted to die and might have abused that, but whatever.

Also, I think in this universe the Ophidian is on the same level as a powerful old god. Taking down an embodiment of the voice of god might be possible, but not the voice of god itself.

It wasn't the Voice Of the White God itself, but an Angel with some of the power.

Also it wasn't even Metatron who Paul and the others had to face.

So really, it wasn't that big deal save for Boss Smiley thing.

Religious discussions are very much like political discussions, save that they aren't banned on QQ yet. It's better not to go there.

The museums are, but certainly not every room is.

EDIT: Also, see Chojin's post, above, on this specific location.
In general ... break - ins would likely be more common since getting in is possible and easy(without extra security guards). Still though... don't think this place would be a popular tourist destination.

Given that I've already said that I'm not using the Spectre, why would you think that I would use Not!Spectre?

Is that a mathematical thing?
Religious discussions are very much like political discussions, save that they aren't banned on QQ yet. It's better not to go there.
Oh please. DC characters named after theological figures have about as much resemblance to their 'real' counterparts as the versions from DanMachi do.

In general ... break - ins would likely be more common since getting in is possible and easy(without extra security guards). Still though... don't think this place would be a popular tourist destination.
I doubt it would be, outside of a very limited circle, hence the warnings about Fae, Demons and the Trenchcoat Brigade. It's likely seen as either a very easy, quiet posting, or something of a punishment detail, depending...

It seems like Zoat thinks otherwise, though I'm curious as to his logic. It might just be 'interesting-looking old building with cool stuff in it, at a convenient location,' which is something that works pretty well for a lot of tourist destinations.

Oh please. DC characters named after theological figures have about as much resemblance to their 'real' counterparts as the versions from DanMachi do.
That doesn't seem to stop people from getting emotional and uncivil about it.

It seems like Zoat thinks otherwise, though I'm curious as to his logic. It might just be 'interesting-looking old building with cool stuff in it, at a convenient location,' which is something that works pretty well for a lot of tourist destinations.
Honestly, the number of tourist locations in London is surprising, as Zoat probably knows, but there are already quite a few old houses/manors that also have historical significance - and convenient location. Case in point (off the top of my head) - #1, London - Winston Churchill's house converted to a museum. Or Buckingham Palace. Both beautiful houses open for tours to the public, and located straight in the middle of London. Any tourist destination that is just for the house would have to compete with those. Though, the mysterious occult angle and the hippie cult might be enough to do it - especially if the hippie cult did something crazy.

I thought Voice of God was confirmed to be somewhere when you mentioned The Mind of God. Basically I thought it meant that there were things knowns as the ..... of God in official heavenly roles. (Despite the Mind being fake)

Honestly, the number of tourist locations in London is surprising, as Zoat probably knows, but there are already quite a few old houses/manors that also have historical significance - and convenient location. Case in point (off the top of my head) - #1, London - Winston Churchill's house converted to a museum. Or Buckingham Palace. Both beautiful houses open for tours to the public, and located straight in the middle of London. Any tourist destination that is just for the house would have to compete with those. Though, the mysterious occult angle and the hippie cult might be enough to do it - especially if the hippie cult did something crazy.
... and thus, the question is answered.

... and thus, the question is answered.
Mm... sure, but then they'd play up the macabre angle, which might be interesting to see Hinon's reaction to the cheesiness tomorrow. Though any explanation Zoat comes up with is bound to be interesting.
The room where Dream was captured might have a picture of a grim reaper/ghost hung up. Or "spooky" music playing. Though that might be more of a US thing. I definitely know wax museums are a thing that this might be.

Last edited:
I thought Voice of God was confirmed to be somewhere when you mentioned The Mind of God. Basically I thought it meant that there were things knowns as the ..... of God in official heavenly roles. (Despite the Mind being fake)

The only voice of God I know about is Metatron who is the voice of God for Christians and only because he is a summon in the Persona series.

The only voice of God I know about is Metatron who is the voice of God for Christians and only because he is a summon in the Persona series.
Then you should read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. That way you'll have a second reason to know about Metatron, and you'll also have read Good Omens.

The people who arranged for the sale wanted to make sure that a mystically significant site was under their watchful eye. Trying to come up with what to do with the place was the National Trust's problem.
That doesn't seem to stop people from getting emotional and uncivil about it.
I don't know. The complaints about Smite's depiction of Kali were stupid, but they were reasonably civil. Though given how Kali is portrayed in official Hindu imagery, I can only assume that they were complaining about the Smite version actually having a bra.

I don't know. The complaints about Smite's depiction of Kali were stupid, but they were reasonably civil. Though given how Kali is portrayed in official Hindu imagery, I can only assume that they were complaining about the Smite version actually having a bra.
Religion is generally a stupid thing, to argue about.

Would a bra for someone with four arms need to be significantly different in design from a normal one? Or could Kali buy them off the rack?

Voice of God is basically I Can't Believe It's Not the Spectertm​ in Mark Millar's edgy fanfic run of the Swamp Thing. In which suddenly you have Parliments for all the classic elements, Swamp thing must catch them all, but loses his understanding of humanity as he ascends. Complete with a council of edgy OCs on the side constantly muttering about how this is all according to plan.

Swamp Thing's daughter, Tefé, is revealed to have been made as a plot to assassinate the Voice of God. Because the writer has a deep need to bash the Parliament of Trees as much as possible, so he removes Tefé's whole point as a bridge between mankind and plants, calling it stupid via an in character mouthpiece.

Oh, and we've got a random omake published as an actual chapter for some reason. As in it's entirely non-canon and just seems to consist of the author taking swipes at people he disagrees with. In the end the writer has to rush the finish, wherein Swamp Thing finally achieves ultimate power over the earth and decides to do nothing with it. The run is never spoken of again as far as I know, and killed the series for awhile.

Voice of God is basically I Can't Believe It's Not the Spectertm in Mark Millar's edgy fanfic run of the Swamp Thing. I

Since his theme is VENGANCE, I call the Spectre the Left Hand Of God since I saw that Van Helsing (2004) movie. The line of "I can't kill inocents or let them die on my watch" sold it to me.

That's the Spectre when is well written, not a jackass Bully that wants to kill heroes who killed people he would have killed himself. Or a temper playing for Batman soul with the Phantom Strange.

The voice of God is the Whire God commands, the White God orders, not his vengance. That's a different Angel.

If one of my DC SI characters ever meet the Spectre he better kill the SI right away, or the guilt he will feel when the SI starts to give him examples were the Spectre did nothing will be glorious.

Honesry they haven't had a clue of what do fo with the character for decades, he only seems to exist to be a bully and be useless in Crisis events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back