• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

He did somehow miss the fact that his clone-daughter regenerated.
Ok so it doesn't apply to personal stuff just whatever he finds in the timelines he goes to. But there is a reason that bunches of religions have the blue box as a sign of calamity.

That the Doctor is here should immediately make Graven wonder what he is missing.

Damnit. I'm really enjoying both of the April 1st storylines, and really want to see more of them. But I also wouldnt mind seeing more of the Doctor....

Thank you Mr Zoat for the bonus chapter, and for continuously writing top tier stories.

Alright then.

17th February 2396
14:14 GMT +3

I narrow my eyes slightly.
Surprise side chapter? :eek: What a thing to wake up to! So, then, who is this Renegade going to be dealing with? Because that datestamp suggests it's a long way in the future, and there aren't that many popular settings in that era...

"That's a screwdriver."

The lanky man with the greasy off-blonde hair opposite me waggles the silver rod with the glowing blue tip at me with a little more vigour.
Ah, the Doctor. Of course. Now, which incarnation is it? The Sonic design suggests the Tenth.

"No it's not."

I bring my hands together at my chest, bowing my head and sighing quietly.
And a remarkably placid response to the Oncoming Storm.

"Look… Mister..?"

"Doctor."
...It's strange. But who am I to judge? :p

"Mister Doctor, you're intruding in my office and I happen to know that you don't have either an appointment, press credentials or… Really, any other reason to be here. I'd prefer to humour you rather than calling security, but a dialogue requires two people?"

He narrows his eyes slightly, a decidedly mistrustful expression on his face. But he lowers his screwdriver. I mean, he's still using its sonic imaging setting to probe his environment, but at least he's not pretending it's an offensive weapon.
Not that it would be much use against the Renegade. Sonics don't do organic materials regardless. And I bet the Psychic Paper does nothing for him either.

He takes a moment to look around my office. My public office, I should say. This era's technology is easily advanced enough to allow me to work from wherever I happen to be, but a large and richly decorated room still helps underline my authority.

"So what's this about… Then?"
And there's nothing more intimidating than a nice big office, after all. Slap some impressive power decorations and the average office worker will be quaking in their boots.

"If you just want a prospectus, you could have picked one up from reception."

He nods, shoulders slumped as he schleps in the direction of one of the exhibits.
Almost certainly the Tenth, I bet. No mention of trainers or trenchcoat, but we can all guess it's him.

"Where did you get that?"

I make a point of smiling as he nods at the Cyrus Industries cyberman helmet.
I mean, they get left laying around after just about any time the Cybermen show up...

"Oh, there's quite a collectors' market in things like that. Only a handful didn't get sucked back into the void after the fight at Canary Wharf in the early twenty-first century, and…" I shrug. "Most people can't tell the difference between the parallel universe ones and the Mondas version."

"You've been studying it, have you?"
Well of course he is. Why wouldn't you look into such advanced technology?

"Oh, well…" I make a careless gesture with my right arm. "Briefly, but while it was advanced for its time, the cyber-interface technology isn't all that impressive now. And goodness knows there's no modern market for the sort of emotional suppression technology they used to keep the poor bastards sane in those things. You know, they had no sensation in their skin at all?"

I shake my head.
"Compassion is Irrelevant." Nice touch that they've been left behind by human advances...

"I don't think they'd have lasted. Logic only goes so far, and the human brain is.. designed for a homeostatic system working just so. You can't just shut down chunks of the endocrine system and still expect it to work."

"You'd be surprised how many people don't realise that."
The Doctor's probably feeling conflicted right now. This guy is acting like a corporate overlord, but he's so damn sensible!

Oh marvellous, he's a mumbler.

He keeps looking around the other exhibits. "Not doing any work on them yourself?"
That suggests he's had encounters with other Doctors. Which is an amusing idea to think about.

"Like I said, they're out of date."

"No, I mean, the Mondas ones."
Because the corporate overlord surely has to be a bad guy, right? :rolleyes:

"Oh yes." I nod. "Their cybernetic interface technology is far more advanced than everything currently on the market." He freezes. "With cloned organic limbs being so cheap these days it's not really worth it for pure cybergrafts, though…" I shrug. "Some people are into that. You're supposed to call them 'mechanoids' these days. I don't see what's wrong with 'cyborg', personally, but they're the clients."

"That technology is extremely dangerous."
Ah, yes. The fashion trend of being cool robot people. :p So Cyberpunk.

"And that's why we work to understand it before we sell it to anyone. We're not amateurs, here. Oh, and of course, there are cybernetic interfaces for commercial use. Proprioception aids for controlling machines…" I shake my head. "Bit of a mind-bender, but some people can think themselves into a mental state where they can accept feedback from a machine as if it was their own body."

He raises his eyebrows, fidgeting, wiggling his body back and forth.
So, no danger of being overridden by some Cyberman invasion attempt, eh?

"You every try that yourself?"

"Oh, no. I'm all organic." I raise my right hand. "Not that that's a statement on the quality of our products. If you want to see anything in action we have lab tours… You know, in the lab, not my office."
It's rare that the Doctor encounters any physically augmented folks like this, isn't it? Limitations of the TV budget, after all...

"Yeeeeah, I think I might take you up on thaat."

"Okay." I nod. "Um. Was there anything else? I… I do have a job here."
Honestly, you'd think he'd recognise the Doctor, whatever the regeneration. If only by reputation. That or he's hiding his giddy glee. ;)

Then he stops moving, stops fidgeting, stares at me directly and if I wasn't, you know, me, I might find it a little intimidating.

"Are you doing anything else with their technology?"
Yeah, that's pretty effective against most folks. But against a God of Conquest...

"We study everything we get, but…" I shrug. "It's not like we have an unlimited budget. Samples of Mondas technology are rather expensive."

"I want to see everything you've got. Everything you've done. And I want to know who's buying it."
And this is the point at which most bad guys in a 'Doctor Who' serial realise they are in deep doo-doo.

"Do you wander into people's offices and demand commercially sensitive information a lot?"

He frowns, then his face relaxes as he contemplates the question.
Heh. Now, see, most of the time, that approach works.

"Y'know, I do, actually. It's a bit of a habit."

"You might want to watch that. I'm pretty easy going, but it is a crime in a lot of places. You're going to get in trouble."
Heh. The joy of a corporate-controlled future era. Not that Earth hasn't had a lot of those over the years in this universe.

"Oh?" He reaching into his jacket pocket with is left hand and pulls out a card holder. He then flips it open, revealing-.

I blink as I block a weak mental probe projecting from a small blank piece of paper.
Ah, as expected, the Psychic Paper bounces off his mental fortress.

"Am I?"

"If your identification is a blank piece of paper, yes. Telepathic intrusion is a crime in a lot of places as well."
On the other hand, that tells the Doctor that this guy has some serious mental defences. It's not often that doesn't work.

"Well." He slips the card back into his pocket. "You'd know."

I tap my amulet. "I prefer to hide my appearance. I naturally look rather… Intimidating."
Huh. Guess that explains why the Doctor didn't comment on his looks before.

"Oh yeah?"

I point to my office door. "See how big that is?" He glances back. "That's for me. Humans aren't speciest, but a big scary bloke is a big scary bloke. It makes things a bit awkward, so it was this or a clown mask, and… Last time I wore that, people screamed."
It's the height. A normal-sized clown is scary enough for some. One towering over you, leering down at you with his masked features? Those who understand are already cringing, aren't you? :p

"A'right. How about that tour, then?"

"Sure. Um, but I'm management, so why don't you go back down to the lobby and I'll have an actual scientist come up to take you around?"
That'll throw the Doctor off his game, certainly. It's not often he gets such a reasonable response to barging in.

He nods, still clearly suspicious, then with a last look at the cyberman parts turns around and heads out of the office.

I wait until the door is firmly closed before-

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee."
Heh. Of course he's suppressing his squeeing. Commendable that he managed to hold it in until the Doctor left.

-I remain completely calm and professional, despite the Doctor investigating me. I mean, this is how you know you've arrived, right? I mean, whaw. And I think I'm good. The cyberman parts are suspicious as heck, but there's nothing actually illegal going on here in that regard. And the low down deal I've got going on with the Adipose is the sort of 'embarrassing if it got out but not actually illegal' thing that acts as a fake goal if he doesn't give up.
The Adipose, huh? Well, they technically weren't a hostile species. The person in charge of their plan panicked, if I remember right, since the whole deal was illegal under galactic law.

Because if he finds out that I'm working on samples of Susan Foreman's hair then I'm proper fucked.
...Well, the timelines do match up, kind of? The Doctor did leave his Granddaughter on Earth in the twenty-second century after thwarting a Dalek invasion. The question is, is she still around or did she live out something closer to a human lifespan?

Well, this was an unexpected surprise. Not only the chapter, but Mr Zoat writing a 'Doctor Who'-related snippet? Involving a future Renegade managing a corporation on twenty-fourth century Earth. It'll be interesting to see if this continues, and how much trouble will result from the Doctor's visit, but at least we got to see the Renegade having a fanboy moment about meeting him. :V

Damnit. I'm really enjoying both of the April 1st storylines, and really want to see more of them. But I also wouldnt mind seeing more of the Doctor....

Thank you Mr Zoat for the bonus chapter, and for continuously writing top tier stories.

The star gate one was the highlight of these updates for me and by a lot.

Part of this paul might be pleased to have someone double checking his work, if something were to go wrong it'd be when the Doctor is poking around

Last edited:
As pointed out, the Doctor has a habit of just so happening to stumble upon things that are about to explode (metaphorically or literally). That he's (the Doctor) shown up at a place that Grayven has been (apparently) successfully running for nearly 400 years and doesn't currently have an ongoing crises on his hands... Odds are that there is something going on that is about to explode.

clown mask, and… Last time I wore that, people screamed."
Are you saying you were Sweet Tooth?
your identification is a blank piece of paper, yes. Telepathic intrusion is a crime in a lot of places as well."

"Well." He slips the card back into his pocket. "You'd know."

I tap my amulet. "I prefer to hide my appearance. I naturally look rather… Intimidating."

"Oh yeah?"
Surprised you doesn't take this moment of him using a not one but now 2 knows Doctor gimmicks to go "Ohhhhhh, you aren't just some whackjob that has others call himself Doctor Who, but the Doctor. Fair warning about the blooming laws regarding telepathic intrusion..." and so on.

Compassion is Irrelevant." Nice touch that they've been left behind by human advances...
"Logic would dictate otherwise." Was my immediate response upon reading that. I assume that was their "Resistance is futile" type of line in the show?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Love the little squee.

To be fair you typically do the story only thread first meaning I've been pavlo trained to just tap the top one in my alerts page and not think about it. So whenever I accidentally post there it's actually on you.

Last edited:
The Doctor has not shown up in a Renegade chapter before. And looking at the date, this chapter takes place almost 400 years from where the Remegade chapters had just been showing us.
I am aware of that. But this is a future version of the Renegade who doesn't have much to do in his universe anymore and has taken to travelling to other universes to see what he can do to fix them to alleviate his boredom. I'm asking if in his travels, has he met another version of the Doctor before, whether it be another regeneration or a version from another universe entirely.

I am aware of that. But this is a future version of the Renegade who doesn't have much to do in his universe anymore and has taken to travelling to other universes to see what he can do to fix them to alleviate his boredom. I'm asking if in his travels, has he met another version of the Doctor before, whether it be another regeneration or a version from another universe entirely.

If this Grayven is romantically involved with Luna? Then it is very likely that he has.

Mighty Morphin' Lantern Rangers (part 10)
1st April 1995
14:27 PT

My communicator beeps.

For a moment I freeze, but it's Saturday and I'm not in class so I don't need to. I'm in Comic Centre, because if Rita is using comic books to make monsters-.

"Was that a pager, Billy?" Mr. Manson the owner heard that, and he's looking at me. "You secretly some kinda schoolboy tycoon or something?"

"No." I walk over to the counter and put the Orange Lantern Corps comics I found down next to the register. "Just Mom reminding me to come home for dinner."

Mr. Manson doesn't reply, but he does ring up the comics quickly, which I appreciate. Jason would have left the store right away, but I think this could be important. Luckily, most of the comics were in the discount bin, otherwise I might have had to try reading them in the store, and that's just rude. I pay, take the bag with the comics and leave the store before reading into the closest alley and pulling out my communicator.

"Billy here."

"Come to the Command Centre immediately. Rita Repulsa is attacking the Earth."

"Right."

I place my right hand on my Morpher and trigger the teleporter. I've tried to work out why it feels like I'm jumping into orbit and then falling down in three and a half seconds, but the only thing I could think of was that the signal is being bounced off a satellite in orbit and that wouldn't explain why I'm aware of it. A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings in some ways, depending on the transmission medium, but it wouldn't be anything like human vision. Unless that's just how my brain interprets it, and even then it should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned how to do that and this is how it was from the start. I-.

"Billy?"

Trini is smiling. At me. I'm just outside-.

I smile awkwardly and jog into the Command Centre. I'm already late, and-.

"What was the hold up?"

"Research."

"Oh?" I nod. I still don't know if she's really interested in the sort of thing I usually get interested in, but it's nice that there's someone who's at least willing to pretend. "Into what?"

I hold up the bag to show her just as Zack sticks his head out of the main room. He spots the bag-.

"You read comics?"

"These are Orange Lantern comics. I thought it might help."

He nods as we join the other in front of Zordon. I sometimes wonder about the monsters Rita uses to attack Earth. Zordon told us that most of them are made in a machine called the 'Monster-Matic', so I don't know how mentally sophisticated they are. Can they disobey Rita? Do they think about anything other than invading the Earth and destroying us? Orange Lantern is the first one they've 'created' that held a conversation with us, but does that imply that he's the only one who could, or does it imply that they all could since they're made in essentially the same way?

"Rangers, we have a problem."

The orb lights up, showing the Dragonzord walking slowly out of the sea.

Kimberly looks up at Zordon. "I thought Tommy couldn't use his coin again?"

"He cannot. It was not activated using the Green Power Coin. Look closely."

The image zooms in, and-. I can't see into the cockpit through the eyes, but I can clearly see that there's a glowing orange shape on its head.

I pull out an issue of Orange Lantern's own comic and compare them. Yes, it's the same.

Jason scowls. "How did he activate the Dragonzord without a power coin?"

"Probably with his power ring."

They're looking at me. Um. I didn't read enough comics to be sure-.

Trini picks up a comic. One of the actual Orange Lantern comics. "Did these tell you what he can do?"

"Yes." No, that's not what she-.

"And what is that?"

"Anything. Anything he wants." Make eye contact. I look at the others. "His ring lets him make orange simulacra of objects and weapons, but it can also do a lot more. He can transmute matter and synthesise hi-tech machinery, he can permanently transmogrify people into orange simulacra, temporarily realign their goal-oriented behaviours, control machinery-."

Kimberly pulls a face. "What?"

Trini smiles. "Make anything and control anything."

"Oh."

"Whow." Zack's eyes are wide. "Seriously? Anything?"

"There are limits. He only has a limited power capacity, and he has to have an intensely avaricious drive to achieve what it is he's trying to do. And given that he was worried about dying by running out of power, I doubt that he would risk using anything like the greatest feats he used in the comics."

Zack shakes his head. "Why did he become a superhero? I mean, Batman watched his parents get murdered…"

That was covered in issue one. "He thought that the world was so dangerous that the only way to ensure his survival was to become powerful enough to fight anything that could hurt him."

Assuming that every major city in Detective Comics America has the equivalent of one monster attack per month, and that superheroes have been active since World War Two, an average person would encounter a monster at least twice a year. More than that if you include indirect disruption, so it was a legitimate concern.

Kimberly keep staring at the sphere. "Do you think he's taking the zord because he thinks it can keep him alive?"

"A zord's power system requires a power crystal from one of your morphers. If the Dragonzord could provide him the help that he wants then I would have already suggested it."

"Right, but… Does he know that?"

"No, but him taking control of the Dragonzord is not the main source of my concern."

The image on the sphere shifts to show putties attacking a military base.

"This was recorded earlier today."

Orange Lantern and… Goldar follow them, ignoring the gunfire from the soldiers on duty.

"This is the Pantex plant in the state of Texas-."

Oh God. "Oh God."

Jason frowns. "What's so important about it?"

"That's where the United States Department of Energy makes nuclear warheads."

Everyone stops moving, even a little. Then Zack looks at me.

"He… He asked me why we never used a nuke on Rita's moon base."

"Without an atmosphere the effective destructive radius of a fission bomb is far less than it would be on Earth. We would have to get it inside the base before we set it off, and if we had already defeated everyone then there wouldn't be any reason to use the bomb."

"… Huh."

Jason frowns. "Did you pick up anything from those comics about how he thinks?"

"One of the things I learned about Orange Lantern is that when he decides to do something, he focuses on it. He commits to it completely, no matter what it takes. The only things that makes him hold back are his friends, and he just found out that all of them are fictional characters. If he's decided that the only thing that matters to him is staying alive, then the world is in a lot of trouble, because there isn't anything that he won't do to make sure that he does."

Jason nods. "Then it's our job to stop him. It's morphin' time!"

Last edited:
But there is a reason that bunches of religions have the blue box as a sign of calamity.
Indeed. There's a reason the Daleks call him "the oncoming storm"
If you see the Doctor, the smart move is to leave the planet because shit is about to go down and you don't wanna be part of the collateral.

1st April 1995
14:27 PT

My communicator beeps.

For a moment I freeze, but it's Saturday and I'm not in class so I don't need to. I'm in Comic Centre, because if Rita is using comic books to make monsters-.
Ooh, Billy, doing some research on the new guy? Well, the best kind of research he can do with the primitive state of the Internet. I doubt he could ask on a comics-related BBS about 'Things Orange Lantern' can do without raising some very confused responses...

"Was that a pager, Billy?" Mr. Manson the owner heard that, and he's looking at me. "You secretly some kinda schoolboy tycoon or something?"

"No." I walk over to the counter and put the Orange Lantern Corps comics I found down next to the register. "Just Mom reminding me to come home for dinner."
Since pagers were kind of expensive, even in the nineties. And they were often conflated with illicit activities...

Mr. Manson doesn't reply, but he does ring up the comics quickly, which I appreciate. Jason would have left the store right away, but I think this could be important. Luckily, most of the comics were in the discount bin, otherwise I might have had to try reading them in the store, and that's just rude. I pay, take the bag with the comics and leave the store before reading into the closest alley and pulling out my communicator.
Discount bin? Geez... I guess if you aren't Superman (or at this point, Supermen, depending on the status of 'Death of Superman') or Batman, you don't rate the collectors' attention...

"Billy here."

"Come to the Command Centre immediately. Rita Repulsa is attacking the Earth."

"Right."
...So, the usual weekend 'fun'. Honestly, this happens every week, he should expect something by now.

I place my right hand on my Morpher and trigger the teleporter. I've tried to work out why it feels like I'm jumping into orbit and then falling down in three and a half seconds, but the only thing I could think of was that the signal is being bounced off a satellite in orbit and that wouldn't explain why I'm aware of it. A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings is some ways, depending on the transmission medium, but it wouldn't be anything like human vision. Unless that's just how my brain interprets it, and even then I should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned how to do that and this is how it was from the start. I-.
Better than being entirely dismantled at the atomic level, beamed through space and reassembled at a desired location, 'Star Trek' style.

"Billy?"

Trini is smiling. At me. I'm just outside-.
Whoops, looks like his inner monologue got a little focused.

I smile awkwardly and jog into the Command Centre. I'm already late, and-.

"What was the hold up?"
I mean, if he was in a sufficiently public place, you might expect a slight delay as he snuck off into a private corner.

"Research."

"Oh?" I nod. I still don't know if she's really interested in the sort of thing I usually get interested in, but it's nice that there's someone who's at least willing to pretend. "Into what?"
The joy of being 'the smart one' of the team.

I hold up the bag to show her just as Zack sticks his head out of the main room. He spots the bag-.

"You read comics?"

"These are Orange Lantern comics. I thought it might help."
Logical, but I suspect they end up lowballing the capabilities.

He nods as we join the other in front of Zordon. I sometimes wonder about the monsters Rita uses to attack Earth. Zordon told us that most of them are made in a machine called the 'Monster-Matic', so I don't know how mentally sophisticated they are. Can they disobey Rita? Do they think about anything other than invading the Earth and destroying us? Orange Lantern is the first one they've 'created' that held a conversation with us, but does that imply that he's the only one who could, or does it imply that they all could since they're made in essentially the same way?
I thought quite a few of the Monsters could talk. Though I expect it's mostly about stuff related to their purpose, rather than the sort of philosophical stuff OL dropped.

Ah, Dragon Caesar. One of the fun parts of the series. Seeing it combine with the others was always entertaining.

Ooh, did OL borrow it?

The image zooms in, and-. I can't see into the cockpit through the eyes, but I can clearly see that there's a glowing orange shape on its head.

I pull out an issue of Orange Lanterns own comic and compare them. Yes, it's the same.
Grand Theft Mecha. And he doesn't even have to play that rather nice melody.

Jason scowls. "How did he activate the Dragonzord without a power coin?"

"Probably with his power ring."
Basically, magic. Or at least Science so advanced it basically is magic. :D

They're looking at me. Um. I didn't read enough comics to be sure-.

Trini picks up a comic. One of the actual Orange Lantern comics. "Did these tell you what he can do?"
...I mean, he hasn't read them yet.

"Yes." No, that's not what she-.

"And what is that?"
Remember Billy, these are normal kids, not comics geeks. They don't know boo about Power Rings.

"Anything. Anything he wants." Make eye contact. I look at the others. "His ring lets him make orange simulacra of objects and weapons, but it can also do a lot more. He can transmute matter and synthesis hi-tech machinery, he can permanently transmogrify people into orange simulacra, temporarily realign their goal-orientated behaviours, control machinery-."
Though amusingly, most animation sticks to the Constructs, and leave the other stuff to 'stick a glowy thing around it.'

Kimberly pulls a face. "What?"

Trini smiles. "Make anything and control anything."
...Pretty much, basically.

"Oh."

"Whow." Zack's eyes are wide. "Seriously? Anything?"
...I mean, he's probably picturing him doing some visually impressive thing like pulling up buildings and tossing them around.

"There are limits. He only has a limited power capacity, and he has to have an intensely avaricious drive to achieve what it is he's trying to do. And given that he was worried about dying by running out of power, I doubt that he would risk using anything like the greatest feats he used in the comics."

Zack shakes his head. "Why did he become a superhero? I mean, Batman watched his parents get murdered…"
...Wonder how these comics would have represented Enlightenment. Orange-ringed word balloons? :p

That was covered in issue one. "He thought that the world was so dangerous that the only way to ensure his survival was to become powerful enough to fight anything that could hurt him."

Assuming that every major city in Detective Comics America has the equivalent of one monster attack per month, and that superheroes have been active since World War Two, an average person would encounter a monster at least twice a year. More than that if you include indirect disruption, so it was a legitimate concern.
Something which a lot of comic book writers never bother to show, mind you. It's one of those things that hits you while you're doing something else, like looking in the fridge. :confused: And watch out for that link, you will lose hours in horrified contemplation of it.

Kimberly keep staring at the sphere. "Do you think he's taking the zord because he thinks it can keep him alive?"

"A zord's power system requires a power crystal from one of your morphers. If the Dragonzord could provide him the help that he wants then I would have already suggested it."
Handy idea, but if the bad guys manage to subvert a Ranger...

"Right, but… Does he know that?"

"No, but him taking control of the Dragonzord is not the main source of my concern."
And here we go. Distraction plan underway.

The image on the sphere shifts to show putties attacking a military base.

"This was recorded earlier today."
Just seeing the Putties not attacking Angel Grove should be a surprise. :p

Orange Lantern and… Goldar follow them, ignoring the gunfire from the soldiers on duty.

"This is the Pantex plant in the state of Texas-."
I bet the Rangers are feeling a little relieved they didn't have to fight him earlier...

Oh God. "Oh God."

Jason frowns. "What's so important about it?"
And of course Billy picks up on it immediately.

"That's where the United States Department of Energy makes nuclear warheads."

Everyone stops moving, even a little. Then Zack looks at me.
Yeah. That's bad.

"He… He asked me why we never used a nuke on Rita's moon base."

"Without an atmosphere the effective destructive radius of a fission bomb is far less than it would be on Earth. We would have to get it inside the base before we set it off, and if we had already defeated everyone then there wouldn't be any reason to use the bomb."
Unless you really wanted to finish the job. Presumably you would haul the surviving bad guys off to be confined again.

"… Huh."

Jason frowns. "Did you pick up anything from those comics about how he thinks?"
That probably depends on who narrates them. If it's first-person narration, well...

"One of the things I learned about Orange Lantern is that when he decides to do something, he focuses on it. He commits to it completely, no matter what it takes. The only things that makes him hold back are his friends, and he just found out that all of them are fictional characters. If he's decided that the only thing that matters to him is staying alive, then the world is in a lot of trouble, because there isn't anything that he won't do to make sure that he does."
In other words, this is pretty close to the Godzilla Threshold for them.

Jason nods. "Then it's our job to stop him. Morphin' time!"
Cue the theme song! And then check out Ron's other tracks. :p

Well, things are about to heat up. OL stealing borrowing the Dragonzord? Raiding a nuclear bomb plant? And they can guess that he's hooked up with Rita, having seen him working with Goldar. So this promises to be a very intense meeting. No doubt he'll drop the 'hidden nukes' ultimatum on them, and they'll go splitting up to find them.

A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings is some ways...
A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings in some ways...
...and even then I should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned...
...and even then it should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned...
I pull out an issue of Orange Lanterns own comic and compare them.
I pull out an issue of Orange Lantern's own comic and compare them.
He can transmute matter and synthesis hi-tech machinery...
He can transmute matter and synthesise hi-tech machinery...

Missing comma after "Mr Manson".

I place my right hand on my Morpher and trigger the teleporter.
The teleporter is part of the communicator, not the morpher.

I've tried to work out why it feels like I'm jumping into orbit and then falling down in three and a half seconds, but the only thing I could think of was that the signal is being bounced off a satellite in orbit and that wouldn't explain why I'm aware of it. A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings is some ways, depending on the transmission medium, but it wouldn't be anything like human vision. Unless that's just how my brain interprets it, and even then I should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned how to do that and this is how it was from the start.
This reinforces my pet theory that Billy didn't invent the teleporters, he just tapped into the Command Center's pre-existing systems.

I'm just outside-.

I smile awkwardly and jog into the Command Centre.
Did MMPR S1 rangers ever teleport between two other places, or only between random places to/from the Command Center consoles specifically? I think Turbo's last episode was the only one actually filmed at the building they used for the Command Center exterior.

No "Observe the Viewing Globe"?

Interesting choice for PR!OL to sit inside the cockpit rather than just stand on top of it. Must've cleaned out the dust first?

He can transmute matter and synthesis hi-tech machinery
"synthesize".

"Zord" (twice). "Dragonzord" without uppercase "Z" is correct.

The crystals were shown but not stated to be extruded Power Coins, not directly related to the morphers. They did form the Megazord once (and Tank mode twice) before the crystals were introduced, but that was done by mashing together at least six episodes of Zyuranger footage to make the first few episodes, and the crystals are present in those shots. Otherwise, I think the Zords could be used individually without the crystals, but combining into either Tank or Megazord mode required them to act as joysticks.

These videos show that the crystals move around the cockpit with the rangers (e.g. Yellow), and the Japanese footage also indicates that Green didn't have a crystal at all, although when Red is controlling the Dragonzord Battle Mode (green/black/yellow/blue combination) he alternates between a red and green crystal depending on what episode is providing the source footage.

Last edited:
A transmitted signal might be able to perceive it's surroundings in some ways...
...and even then it should take dozens of teleports before a human brain learned...
I pull out an issue of Orange Lantern's own comic and compare them.
He can transmute matter and synthesise hi-tech machinery...
Thank you, corrected.
Didn't they? Guess I got my epithets mixed up. I know they call him something dramatic besides "the Doctor" sometimes.
No, they literally always call him DOK-TOOR.

It was another character who said that the ancient legends of the Dalek homeworld refer to him as the oncoming storm. Could have been the kaleds, could have been the thals, might be something the Daleks call him in the privacy of their own heads. But they never do out loud.
Missing comma after "Mr Manson".
I think it works better as it is.
The teleporter is part of the communicator, not the morpher.
He was checking it was still there. It would be embarrassing to teleport to the Command Centre, realise that he left it behind and have to go back for it.
No "Observe the Viewing Globe"?
He was pushed for time.
Interesting choice for PR!OL to sit inside the cockpit rather than just stand on top of it. Must've cleaned out the dust first?
Rangers teleport in and out while wearing sealed suits. Where would the dust come from?
"Zord" (twice). "Dragonzord" without uppercase "Z" is correct.
Zord is generic. I don't think it should be capitalised any more than 'car' would be. Dragonzord is a name, so it gets a capital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back